Pokemon: Virtual World

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon: Virtual World

Blog Entries

Default Pokemon: Virtual World

Pokémon: Virtual World
    Rated T for coarse language, sexual themes, and for the naughty ideas that can be provoked. (Gary's here, bitches.)

—__—__—*—__—__—

Because I'm a procrastinating idiot, have a wild imagination, and cannot wait until I finish my other two fics, I've decided to do another. Lord help me.

I was inspired by this post from the Plot Bunny Zoo sticky on the Writer's Block sub-forum. Give the...(wo)man credit, as (s)he deserves it. And also the Digimon Tamers writers, but whatever. They made a cartoon, they got money, they're good.

—__—__—*—__—__—

LIST OF RELATED GENRES FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO NEED EXTRA WARNING:

• Sci-Fi
    • Crackfic
    • Darkfic
    • Mind Screw
    • Alternate Universe (AU)
    • Loose POV Switcher
    • GARY OAK

—__—__—*—__—__—

Links to chapters:

OPERETTA NO. 1

Prelude: Right below, mates.

Overture: Link.

First Movement: Link.

Second Movement: Link.

Codetta & Outro-Solo: Link.

—__—__—*—__—__—

PRELUDE:

Last edited by Italics; 25th February 2011 at 12:57 AM.

I'M AN UTTER BADASS.
    Also, my fan fics, my episode recaps, and my reviewing badge.

Fanfic Writer some colour no doubt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon: Virtual World

Wow. I can safely say this is the first time I have read something like this.
    Not just a great take on Canon characters, but a great new take on the whole pokéverse. I love the interactions between Gary and Ash, particularly the story about 'Ashy-Boy' :p
    At any rate I look forward to reading more of this!

I liked your story. This isn't my first time reading something like this, but this story of yours probably has to be the best out of the stories like this that I've read.

I particularly loved the story about how Ashton, became Ashy-boy.. xD It was really funny, and creative. I always knew Ash had no IQ!!!

It's a great look on the Canon Characters of the show.. Ash being a pauper, and Gary being the teacher he'd always been.

Negative Comments: None. Although, stupider isn't a word.. xD But that doesn't matter. xD

I look extremely forward for the next chapter, keep it up! :)
    I'm your plain Pokemon addict. I like making new friends, so I like to chat with new people.. mostly. :3

STAND UP.. for what is RIGHT.. be BRAVE.. get ready to FIGHT.. hold on.. we're FRIENDS FOR LIFE.. and if we come.. together as one.. complete the QUESTS we've begun.. we will WIN THE BATTLE.. Pokemon!

Blog Entries

OVERTURE (because this story is such a rebel, it doesn't follow the basic chapter format):

Last edited by Italics; 12th February 2011 at 05:00 AM.

I'M AN UTTER BADASS.

CottonSheepFairy 33Whimsicott33's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wow, this is most certainly a strange world I have stepped into. I feel very disoriented, despite nearly everything being familiar. Did you intend to make a jab at those AshxGary shippings with that one part of the second chapter?
    Oh?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 333Erufuun333 View Post
    Wow, this is most certainly a strange world I have stepped into. I feel very disoriented, despite nearly everything being familiar. Did you intend to make a jab at those AshxGary shippings with that one part of the second chapter?
    1. I'll take that as a complement.

2. Actually, I don't really know what I'm doing there. Just for fun and, I dunno, throwing those shippers a bone, I guess.

Have fun with this world, 'cause I know I will.

Last edited by Italics; 30th January 2011 at 11:35 PM.

I'M AN UTTER BADASS.

Blog Entries

You know, I'm just going to out-and-out state that this is turning into a kind of crackfic. Once you read this next chapter, you'll understand why. I BE CRAZY.

FIRST MOVEMENT:

Last edited by Italics; 12th February 2011 at 05:02 AM.

I'M AN UTTER BADASS.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

This is beautiful. Robot Pikachus, Gary Oak, all good stuff.

Blog Entries

So, I think I'll be able to get out of this whole exposition arc and out to the main plot focus after one more chapter. After this, expect all hell to break loose.

Also, any tech and bio geeks in the house?

SECOND MOVEMENT:

I'M AN UTTER BADASS.

Fanfic Writer some colour no doubt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wow!
    This is great!
    I missed out when i didn't read this, but then i got the joy of reading 3, erm, chapters at once!
    I love this new take, especially the Pika-bot, but its the interactions between Gary and Ash which make this great. Nice fluid speech sections, and showing the characters mood and emotions make this one if the best written fics on the site! You need to get people reading this!

Blog Entries

Time for reader response!

Quote Originally Posted by some colour no doubt View Post
    Wow. I can safely say this is the first time I have read something like this.
    THAT WAS A COMPLIMENT. LALALALALA.

Not just a great take on Canon characters, but a great new take on the whole pokéverse. I love the interactions between Gary and Ash, particularly the story about 'Ashy-Boy' :p
    Heh, thanks. I dunno 'bout that, but thanks. I'm still trying to figure out how to write realistic dialogue, so I'm still shaky when working with all that.

Quote Originally Posted by jira-chan View Post
    I liked your story. This isn't my first time reading something like this, but this story of yours probably has to be the best out of the stories like this that I've read.

I particularly loved the story about how Ashton, became Ashy-boy.. xD It was really funny, and creative. I always knew Ash had no IQ!!!
    Eh, intelligence isn't determined by IQ tests, though they do provide bragging rights. Well, not really. I mean, I scored so low on my IQ test that I can actually be considered mentally retarded. (Hint: I'm not. At least, I don't think so.)

And OMG, you think I'm funny? Something's wrong with you, man.

It's a great look on the Canon Characters of the show.. Ash being a pauper, and Gary being the teacher he'd always been.
    Hm. Well, Ash isn't really a pauper. But when compared to Gary "Gots-lots-of-money" Oak, he's not exactly too rich. And Gary? I dunno. Did he come off as teacher-ish? I was just trying to make him both an ass and a useful exposition-spouter. Uh-huh.

Negative Comments: None. Although, stupider isn't a word.. xD But that doesn't matter. xD
    ...None at all? B-But...what about the lack of showing, not telling? What about showing off some virtual battling? What about my faulty way of showing the passage of time? What about my various typos? What about my alternative interpretations of canon characters? WHAT ABOUT THE ROBOT PIKACHU?

Er-hem.

Quote Originally Posted by Glory Blaze View Post
    Well, this is... Different. I likey! Can't wait to see where you take this.
    EXTENDED COMPLIMENT.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Noobio View Post
    This is beautiful. Robot Pikachus, Gary Oak, all good stuff.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. (By the way, stole your eyes.)

Wow!
    This is great!
    I missed out when i didn't read this, but then i got the joy of reading 3, erm, chapters at once!
    REJOICE, FOOL.

I love this new take, especially the Pika-bot, but its the interactions between Gary and Ash which make this great. Nice fluid speech sections, and showing the characters mood and emotions make this one if the best written fics on the site! You need to get people reading this!
    D'awwww. <:) But I'll respectfully disagree with you here. I've seen much better Poke-fic. This one just looks nice because of the spelling and grammar and shiny, different fonts. I'm working on it, though. I'll get back to reviewing your story soon.

To wrap up: Main plot arc is coming up in either one or two more chapters. Suit up, men.

I'M AN UTTER BADASS.

Now available in 4D! Flygon 101's Avatar
    In the gorgeous, golden spires of the city Prospillium.
    Blog Entries

Sorry for the delay, I would have had the review up by now but my Internet failed so Ill have to do it some other time.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
    I extend my hand to the marvelous authors of this forum. I have read your works and I know that your imagination knows no bounds. Can you help me create a region? I will dedicate the series of fics I intend to use this region for to the gracious people who choose to help me on this audacious task.

So Im asking you once again Bulbagarden - can you help me?

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f512/new-region-help-95004/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flygon 101 View Post
    Sorry for the delay, I would have had the review up by now but my Internet failed so Ill have to do it some other time.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
    No, no! It's perfectly all right. Thanks for this. Owe ya one.

I'M AN UTTER BADASS.

Quote Originally Posted by Italics View Post

...None at all? B-But...what about the lack of showing, not telling? What about showing off some virtual battling? What about my faulty way of showing the passage of time? What about my various typos? What about my alternative interpretations of canon characters? WHAT ABOUT THE ROBOT PIKACHU?

Er-hem.
    I wuv the Robot Pikachu.

Virtual Battling? Well, it does need sumthing... xD

Typos? Liek I said... I saw dem all. :)

Alternativ interpretations of canon characters? ...Do we have to change that? It's really good... realistic, somehow. xP

Yep, Gary has big bragging rights.

B-but I saw this video about Ash having -10 IQ... >:3
    I'm your plain Pokemon addict. I like making new friends, so I like to chat with new people.. mostly. :3

STAND UP.. for what is RIGHT.. be BRAVE.. get ready to FIGHT.. hold on.. we're FRIENDS FOR LIFE.. and if we come.. together as one.. complete the QUESTS we've begun.. we will WIN THE BATTLE.. Pokemon!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast