Pokemon Ranger: Out of the Darkness (Almia Continuation)

View Poll Results: How much do you like the Kate and Keith Ship from Ranger 2?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • One star -> I don't really pay attention to that ship.

4 40.00%
  • Two stars -> It's okay, I guess. Heard about it, but never considered.

1 10.00%
  • Three stars -> Pretty cute ship. Friendship to Relationship, a good ship either way!

1 10.00%
  • Four stars -> I REALLY like this ship, and I'd discuss it any day.

1 10.00%
  • Five stars -> MUST. SHIP. RABIDLY!!!

3 30.00%

Thread: Pokemon Ranger: Out of the Darkness (Almia Continuation)

I'm allowed to be here... Tinaz12345's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Post Pokemon Ranger: Out of the Darkness (Almia Continuation)

People who have played the sequel to Pokemon Ranger, the once who've played Shadows of Almia to the fullest extent, will somewhat get what I'm going for with this. Some factual errors, some grammar bits that might pop up, but hopefully still good. Those of you who've gotten through the game may have wondered what happened later on after everything. I started wondering how the Main character (I played the girl so KatexKeith was very obvious) kept smiling after the end of the storyline with Darkrai and all. The idea turned into a plot, which turned into a story. Don't like, then tell me what you don't like about it and We'll discuss.

I am a RABID Kate and Keith shipper for now, so beware, haters of the ship. They are insanely perfect for each other when you give them a chance.

--------------Prologue: Trouble In The Ranger Union.----------------

The Operations Room at the Ranger Union in Almia Region was a panicked jumble of Operators and Mechanics and three very confused Top Rangers standing before the screen that revealed where every Top Ranger, all twelve of them, was in Almia. Except for the little problem that there were only eleven flashing lights on the screen, three of them at the Ranger Union, two out working in the Haruba Desert, two in Pueltown, two in the Hia Valley, and two off in Boyleland. One of the three Top Rangers that were staring at the screen, a younger boy with red hair, stated despondently, “She’s not there.”

An older Ranger with a cowboy hat on his head nodded and looked at the Fine Styler on his arm, before sighing, “Her Styler Tracker is off.” He glanced at the younger boy worriedly, “But Keith, there’s no need to worry… after all, Kate is perfectly capable–”

“I know she’s capable! We both started out in the Ranger School and I saw how good she was with a Styler… She was never afraid of getting hurt… she knew when she should help people… she stepped forward when everyone else besides myself stepped back…” the boy, Keith, shook his head with his eyes closed, “She was always grinning.”

The third Ranger and only girl of the three blinked slightly, “She never seemed to grin after Operation Brighton… four weeks of nothing but blank stares or staring off into space… She was never quite the same.”

Keith sighed, “Wendy, the thing that bothers me is… she hadn’t been quite the same. Rhythmi and I tried to talk to her every day, but she was so… reserved.” He trailed off, looking back up at the screen, “Her hair was always up before Operation Brighton… that was the first… and only… time that it was down.”

“Her hair was down?” Wendy asked, sudden confusion and worry appearing on her face. “How did that happen? When I saw her right after the event her hair was up.”

Keith shook his head, “She never spoke about it after that, so I didn’t know just how it happened, but I do know that her hair was down when I pulled her out of the darkness. She captured Darkrai with a vigor that I had never seen before from her. Her eyes were sharp, her gaze hard… she was way too… determined… to get it over with.”

The older ranger ‘hummed’ in thought: tapping his chin as he started to pace. Keith looked up at him and raised an eyebrow, “What are you thinking, Sven?”

“I’m thinking,” Sven started, “That she doesn’t want to be found. Look at the signs that have been building up without our noticing. She stopped grinning, she stopped talking to everyone, and she was more determined to finish the Browser, and the Capture Arena too, once she had found it. And then when she had finished everything off, she merely fielded everyone’s congratulations. Now she’s disappeared. She wanted to finish it all before taking a leave of absence, but she knew that the Union would still have a way to contact her, and that they would. So she’s turned off her Styler tracking device, because she knows that’s the only way we really have of tracking her. Kate has learned a lot from her time as a Ranger, and she’s gone through much more than most of us here have. I’m sure she just needs a break or something.” His voice wasn’t all that convincing, even though everything he had said had made sense. “We’ll give her a few weeks, then start looking.”

Keith looked away from the two older and more experienced Rangers before him, and his voice shook dangerously when he finally spoke, ready to break, “I hope she’s all right.”

Sven and Wendy shared looks with each other, sensing the despair that was washing over Keith. His usually vibrant, bright green eyes were now a dark hunter green color, and his cheeky grin had vanished. Neither had really questioned his relationship with Kate, but now they both had to wonder. Kate had always been semi-open, semi-reserved when around Keith, as though she was trying to hide something from him; neither had noticed that Keith had been getting more and more exuberant whenever he talked to her, grinning madly whenever she smiled.

Had he loved her? One look at the disappointed eyes was enough to give that question a resounding yes. Did she love him? ...That, was a much trickier question.

Wendy shook her head almost imperceptibly before striding out of the room, followed soon after by Sven, leaving Keith to only stare at the screen where the telltale flashing light that marked where Kate was remained missing.

'I hope to Ho-oh that she's all right.' He thought, finally turning away when he felt Rhythmi's eyes on him, and leaving the room to go lie under the Tree of Harmony. It was going to be a long time before he saw Kate again.

---One Year Later---

Keith had grown over the last year. His ambitious work in the field made many of the older Rangers come to envy him, though none of them ever truly saw him interacting with other Rangers. Rhythmi, the number one Operator in the Union due to more quests acknowledged and more data transmitted over the year, watched worriedly as Keith once more walked past her without acknowledgment.

“Keith,” she finally spoke up sharply, before he made it to the stairs. He stopped mid-step, not looking around at her. “You need to talk to someone.” She continued, “You can’t just keep going on like this.”

“…”

“Keith, are you even listening to me?”

“…”

“We used to be so close, Keith.” Rhythmi was almost crying now, “What happened?!”

“…Kate.”

The word was said so quietly she almost thought she had imagined it. Keith still didn’t look around and his head was bowed, and she could see that his fists were clenched. Rhythmi blinked as he stormed up the stairs to the top floor to sit under the Tree of Harmony once more.

---

Sven and Wendy had their heads bowed and they were determined to get things going on the right track. The first thing they needed to do was to get Keith out of his funk. They got a report in from the Pueltown rangers on duty that there was a new girl taking up residence there and that although she kept to herself, she was very nice.

“You think maybe she might be able to get him out of this?” Sven asked Wendy, looking covertly over at Keith, “I mean, he’s been like this for nearly a year, ever since Kate went missing.”

“Have you even heard the reports about the girl? She saved Melody; she has to be good.” Wendy muttered, also glancing to get a look at the morose ranger. “After all, she had the courage to dive headfirst into the water while our rangers were already on the way, She had the strength to pull Melody back up, and she had the knowledge to perform CPR and bring Melody back.” She grinned, “She’s perfect for mister gloomy over there.”

Sven rubbed his chin in thought, before nodding slightly, “Maybe you’re right. Contact the rangers in Pueltown, and tell them that one of them is going to go to Vientown to keep watch with Barlow. We’ll need a reason to send him there, you know.”

“Right!” Wendy nodded, punching in the data on her Styler before sending the message. Keith looked up briefly when Sven told him he was going to be stationed in Pueltown for the time being. He shrugged silently and stood to move out, get a Staraptor, and get going to Pueltown.

'It was going to be a long time...' he thought sadly, 'a long time to get used to this again.'
    Fire, Water, Lightning,
    Ice, Leaf, Darkness,
    and Psychic.
    Flareon, Vaporeon, Jolteon,
    Glaceon, Leafeon, Umbreon,
    and Espeon.
    Such are the Eevee-lutions.
    I, of course, am an Espeon.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon Ranger: Out of the Darkness (Almia Continuation)

yay! first comment!

|.......................| 0_o o_0's Avatar
    Blog Entries

this is a great fan fic keep it up :)

Blog Entries

Okay, this is just a quick NOTIFICATION. Those of you who went to FF.net and found this story on there, my penname on FF.net IS in fact Have Faith in Yourself. I AM NOT STEALING MY OWN STORY. Just a little notice to say I am not a stealer (how DO you steal your own story anyway?) and if you want proof I'll put this message in my next, fluff filled chapter.

The reason I'm typing this now is because I recently got a message on my FF account that read

"I recently found a story which is totally the same
    with your story.
    Yes, right.

I am not thinking that you copied, but...
    There might be the chance that you do.

OK:

Link: http://bmgf./showthread.php?t=34444

HECK!!

I'm SOOOO like DAMNIT!
    That thief!"

...Okay. I was laughing for five minutes there. WOW misunderstanding. (Ren, forgive me for cutting out a part of your message, but I left the original intent in there.)

...Wow. I'm laughing now. I can't stop. I can't even breathe!

Okay, under control. So, to reiterate, just in case you all thought "OMG ur a stealer" I am not, in fact, stealing my own story (Which is supposedly impossible)
    Fire, Water, Lightning,
    Ice, Leaf, Darkness,
    and Psychic.
    and Espeon.

Blog Entries

OMG ur a stealer!

jk, i read your above post, now I'm okay.

Blog Entries

I am still wondering how you can steal your own story...
    Fire, Water, Lightning,
    Ice, Leaf, Darkness,
    and Psychic.
    and Espeon.

i really like your stories i really hope to keep reading them

umm i cant accesse that link u have

hi i read your pokemon rangers out of the darkness and i thought it was really awesome and i was thinking of making a story and i was wondering if you could check it out and tell me what i can do better