Pokemon: Infinite Universes: FireRed/LeafGreen (ESRB Rating: T) Chapter 5 is up!

Thread: Pokemon: Infinite Universes: FireRed/LeafGreen (ESRB Rating: T) Chapter 5 is up!

The One and Only Captain Falcon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Pokemon: Infinite Universes: FireRed/LeafGreen (ESRB Rating: T) Chapter 5 is up!

Pokemon: Infinite Universes:
    FireRed/LeafGreen

By Master Luxray
    a.k.a. 40KEndgame (all of Google's services), Canis Shepalute (Arwingpedia), Admin (Necrontyr Online)

Update: I've posted my last completed prewritten chapter. Expect weekly updates from now on.

Author's note: Due to the darkened nature of this fan fiction as compared to the original games, viewer discretion is suggested.

Foreword: I guess you remember the adventures of a 10 year old kid named Red, who battled his way through eight gyms, the entire Team Rocket, and even the Elite Four on his way to the top. Well, this is that story - rewritten! See how things change as small details are redone and events are twisted unrecognizably, yet still retain a sense of familiarity.

What if:
    • Blue was a hostile rival instead of a sarcastic one?
    • Red was stalled in delivering Oak's package?
    • Brock led out with Onix instead of Geodude?

I'm sure you're wondering what will happen.

Now, I will present to you, the first Pokemon: Infinite Universes fan fiction, Pokemon: Infinite Universes: FireRed/LeafGreen.

Arigato,
    Master Luxray
    40KEndgame Youtube Productions, Scriptwriter's Division.

Chapter 1 - Oak's call.

April 4th, 5 ASP

Pallet Town, Kanto

Red woke up early, excited to begin his career as a Pokemon trainer. He headed down the stairs from his room to find his mother talking on the phone. He was about to head out when she hung up and told him the news.

"Prof. Oak had to run an errand to Viridian City, and he won't be back until three", she said.

"Ok mom", Red replied, "I'll just wait at his lab then."

"You're not heading out already, are you? If so, just stay out of the tall grass on your way there. Would you like to borrow Eevee for your trip?"

"It's just a walk down the road! I'll be fine!” exclaimed Red as he walked out the door.

A few minutes later, Red reached a white professional building. There was a sign out front that read:

PALLET TOWN POKEMON RESEARCH CENTER
    RESIDENT:
    DR. S. OAK, D.S. IN POKE-ZOOLOGY

"I'm here", Red said to himself.

He entered the doorway and headed down the hall. On his way to the trainer's instruction room, he passed a small room that had an unusual cylindrical machine.

At the instruction room, similar to a classroom but with a gym like battle ring in front of the desk, Blue Oak, who was known as Gary to his friends, was waiting at the desk.

"Yo Red, you're late, but better late than never!"

"Yeah. By the way, where's Professor Oak?" Red replied.

"He left a minute ago. I'm sure you can catch him if you head out now."

"Oh. Thanks, Gary!"

"Meh, no problem", Blue said, "I'm anxious to get started too."

Author's note: I'm sorry that this first chapter was so short, but the events that follow will not fit in with the setting of chapter 1.
    Last edited by Captain Falcon; 28th May 2010 at 09:53 PM.
    The one and only Captain Falcon!

Shoddy Battle Server: Online (advanced connect) (IP: 65.13.84.34 Port Number: 1234)
    My shoddy battle status: Offline (Username: 40KEndgame)

Groups:
    Earth Defense Coalition | The 41st Millennium
    Fanfictions:
    Pokemon: Infinite Universes: FireRed/LeafGreen

It's gotta be the hair. howardtheeduck's Avatar

Default Re: Pokemon: Infinite Universes: FireRed/LeafGreen (ESRB Rating: T)

Cool. Waiting for more.....
    THE END.

Blog Entries

I actually have more written, but I'm waiting to hear from others about my concept before I post it.

Shoddy Battle Server: Online (advanced connect) (IP: 65.13.84.34 Port Number: 1234)

Groups:
    Fanfictions:

Blog Entries

Alright, since no one else has posted here, I will now post the second chapter:

Chapter 2 - For the last time, call me Professor Oak!

Route 1, Kanto

Red reached the grass patch leading out to Route 1. Before he could even take a step, he heard someone yell at him to stay where he is.

"DON'T GO INTO THE TALL GRASS WITHOUT A POKEMON! WHAT ARE YOU, CRAZY OR SOMETHING? YOU'LL GET ATTACKED BY A WILD POKEMON!"

Red turned around to see none other than Professor Oak running at him.

"Dr. Oak!” Red exclaimed.

Professor Oak stopped running and yelled, "It's Professor Oak! I'm not just a scientist!"

"Oh, sorry", Red replied. Suddenly, a Ratatta burst out of the tall grass and tackled Red.

"Oh for the love of- SQUIRTLE, GET THAT RATATTA OFF THAT KID!” Professor Oak yelled while throwing a Pokeball in the direction of the Ratatta. A blinding flash of light came out of the Pokeball and formed into a blue, furry turtle with a curled, bushy tail, which then headed straight for the Ratatta, tackling it with the leading edge of its shell.

Professor Oak then threw a Pokeball at the Ratatta, capturing it.

"Thanks, Professor Oak", Red started, "If you weren't-"

"The one you have to thank is Squirtle. He did the work."

Squirtle looked at Red and spat a small jet of water at Red's face.

"Gah!!! Thanks, Squirtle! That was a close one", Red said in reply.

"Well, now that THAT'S over, we should head back to the lab. Someone as gung-ho as you should be able to protect yourself when that happens again", said Professor Oak.

Pallet Town, Kanto

"Back so soon, Red? Did a Ratatta attack?" Blue asked as Red walked through the door.

"Actually, yes", Red replied, "Professor Oak helped get it off me."

"Gramps was always the kind of person who would give you the shirt off his back. I can't say I would do the same", said Blue.

His statement was only half true. Red and Blue were good friends most of the time, but when it came to anything competitive, from cards to video games, they were always trying to out-do each other. Pokemon training would just be one more thing on that list.

After registration, Professor Oak led the two new trainers to a room with a table with three Pokeballs. The first one had a leaf on it, the second had a flame, and the third had a drop of water. There was a forth with a lightning bolt on it in a cabinet, but the cabinet was locked.

"That one is off limits. The last one to start with one of those ended up getting electrocuted", Professor Oak said, addressing the Pokeball in the cabinet, "Red, I'll let you have the first choice."

"I saw how strong your Squirtle was, and I made my mind up at that point. I chose the water type", said Red.

"Then I'll chose the grass type", said Blue, "That way I'll have an advantage later on."

Groups:
    Fanfictions:

Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon: Infinite Universes: FireRed/LeafGreen (ESRB Rating: T) Chapter 2 is up!

Huh, interesting concept, but I'll have to wait to see how it's applied before I can say anything more than that.

I like the reference to cards and video games btw. lol.

is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon: Infinite Universes: FireRed/LeafGreen (ESRB Rating: T) Chapter 2 is up!

You don't have anything else so far... it still seems like the standard Pokemon game opening, with the exception of the Pikachu locked in the cabinet.

You also have a very touchy Professor Oak, which is a good start. But unless you post something a bit more... original, I can't say much.

Meh, you say you have more posted, so I'm guessing that you're going to veer off later.
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

Blog Entries

I'm kinda trying to go for a Star Wars Infinities: A New Hope style with this fan fiction, so the changes are subtle and cumulative. The last thing I would want to do is something equivalent to killing Luke Skywalker in the first scene of Star Wars Infinities: The Empire Strikes Back.

Alright, I think it's time to post chapter 3. it won't be much different from the original story, but you might be surprised after that.

Chapter 3 - Battle 1: Red VS Blue

Author's note: for references purposes, I decided to reference health out of context as percentages.

"Yo, Red, you want to have a first battle before we go our own ways again?” Blue asked.

"Like I have a choice! Bring it on! Go, Squirtle!” Red said in reply, throwing the Pokeball he had just received from Professor Oak. A blinding light flashed and materialized into a Squirtle.

"Come on out, Bulbasaur!” Blue said as he threw his own Pokeball. Another light flashed, and it materialized into a small, dinosaur-like creature with a large plant bulb on its back. Squirtle braced itself.

"Squirtle, give it a tackle!” Red commanded.

"Squirt!" Squirtle replied. It rushed at Bulbasaur and hit it with the edge of its shell. Bulbasaur skidded back a few feet.

(Bulbasaur is at 70% health)

"Bulbasaur, take it out with a tackle!” Blue commanded harshly.

Bulbasaur worriedly looked at Blue for a second; as if it was wondering if was unlucky enough to be sent with an abusive trainer, then lunged at Squirtle. Squirtle careened backwards a yard, then shrugged off the hit.

(Squirtle is at 65% health)

"Squirtle, give it another tackle", Red told Squirtle. Squirtle nodded and hit Bulbasaur with the edge of its shell.

(Bulbasaur is at 40% Health)

"Get up and give that thing another tackle!” Blue said.

Bulbasaur just stared at Blue.

"Well, what are you waiting for? Go on!"

Bulbasaur looked downward in despair for a second, and then lunged at Squirtle. Squirtle dodged, and Bulbasaur ended up being buried under a pile of old documents.

"Get out of there!” Blue yelled.

Bulbasaur crawled out from under the papers, only to be tackled by Squirtle a third time. Bulbasaur collapsed in exhaustion.

(Bulbasaur is unable to continue fighting)

At that point, Professor Oak, who had been watching the battle, announced "Bulbasaur has been incapacitated! Red and Squirtle win the match!"

Author's note 2: I know I kinda pulled a tackle vs tackle battle here, and Bulbasaur went down a bit quickly, but this first battle is actually a re-telling of my first battle in FireRed version, due to a critical hit.

Groups:
    Fanfictions:

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon: Infinite Universes: FireRed/LeafGreen (ESRB Rating: T) Chapter 3 is up!

Since there hasn't been any new input, I'm posting the next chapter.

Chapter 4 - Fresh Wounds

"What do you mean, 'incapacitated'? I'm sure Bulbasaur can keep fighting!” Blue argued.

“He doesn’t have any more strength left” said Oak.

Blue looked at Bulbasaur and said “You’re worthless! Why can’t you keep up?”

"Blue Oak, I am horrified and furious at the way you continuously yelled at Bulbasaur. If I had the power to do so, I would revoke your trainer's license!" Professor Oak scolded, "Now get Bulbasaur to the medical room and then march yourself home! When I get off work, we're going to have a stern talk about this, and I want none of your attitude!" Oak said.

"Go sit on a pin", Blue said under his breath, "I'll prove you all wrong. I'll become the strongest trainer ever, and then you'll be the ones who are sorry." He marched off down the hallway.

"I don't know what's gotten into him. He's not like this with my Squirtle or the family Growlith", Professor Oak said to red with a sigh, "Anyway, it looks like Squirtle took a beating during that, should I say, prophetically epic match. You should take it to the medical room."

Red nodded and headed down the hallway in the same direction as Blue, with Squirtle riding on his back and enjoying every moment of it.

"I can see where those too are headed in the near future. Forget any battle with Lance - Those two are the ones to watch" Oak said, "Anyway, ever since he left Viridian City, Giovanni has been unreachable. I really need to talk to him about that discovery Dr. Fuji made in Johto."

Author's Note: This is a parallel reference to the short film shown as the intro to Mewtwo's Revenge, The Origin of Mewtwo. In no way is Oak affiliated with Team Rocket, however, any information he gets from Dr. Fuji must go through Giovanni for reasons yet to be disclosed.

Red ran into Blue on his way to the medical room.

"You tried your best, Gary, and that's what matters", Red told Blue.

"Shut up, Red, and from now on, call me Blue. You're no friend of mine anymore", Blue responded without even a glance as he pushed his way past Red.

"It's not your fault! You just didn't have the handling experience to know not to be so harsh!" Red said.

"You don't really mean what you said, do you? You heard what gramps said back there. If you meant that, then why didn't you say it back then? Aren't friends supposed to help each other out in times of need?” Blue replied after a short pause.

"Maybe you're right. Maybe we're not friends, at least not anymore. But you've changed since that battle. You didn't seem like the friendly rival you were before then. It's like you were trying to win at all costs. But that's the wrong path to go down, especially now that we're no longer competing on our own."

"You actually think it's any different that way? You think that Pokemon can develop a relationship with their trainers? You talk nonsense, just like that spiky-haired guy from that show on TV about a children's card game that we used to play*."

*Author's Note 2: No, I'm not breaking the forth wall, there is no in-context reason for why "Yu-Gi-Oh!" can't exist in the Pokemon universe in the same way that it does in reality.

"Blue, you've changed. I don't know you anymore", Red said with a sigh. At that point, Blue continued down the hall as Red looked down steadily.

"This isn't right", Red said to himself under his breath, "Blue was never angry like this. Something I said must have really struck him hard."

Groups:
    Fanfictions:

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon: Infinite Universes: FireRed/LeafGreen (ESRB Rating: T) Chapter 4 is up!

Ok, I'm kinda confused as to why there hasn't been any more input.

Anyway, here's the next chapter.

Chapter 5 - Delivery Boy

Professor Oak saw Red resting on a window seal, staring out at the fields of tall grass outside.

"Why the glum mood?" Professor Oak asked.

"I should have never talked to Blue after the match", Red replied.

"No more Gary, huh?"

"We aren't friends anymore."

"Well, you did the right thing in talking to him", Professor Oak said.

"Is it really the right thing if you lose a friend over it?" Red asked.

"If you lose a friend over it, then they weren’t really a friend to begin with."

"He wasn't like this to begin with. He was never angry like this. He changed."

"Well, we can't do anything about it now. He's the only one who change himself", Professor Oak said, "I think there's something you can do to get your mind off of it. I'd like you to head over to Viridian City and pick up a package I ordered. I would have done it myself, but today's events kept me busy. Are you up to the job?"

"Yeah, I guess", Red replied, "I better let my mom know where I'm headed first, however. She gets worried easily."

Red headed home to find his mother caring for her wounded Eevee. The house was in shambles.

"Mom, what happened here? Why is Eevee wounded?” Red asked in surprise.

"It was Blue. He had his Bulbasaur attack me. It was too powerful, but it looked like it was forced to obey. I hope the poor thing is ok", Red's Mother replied.

"Before he left, did he say anything?” Red asked, shocked that Blue would do something like that.

"He said one thing before he left: 'I have no use for weaklings'", Red's mother replied.

"That's way out of his character. Anyway, Professor Oak gave me an errand to run in Viridian City. I'll be back in a few hours", Red said.

"Come home safe", Red's mother said in return, "Please come home safe."

"I-I will", Red replied.

Route 1, Kanto

Red headed out on Route 1 towards Viridian City. He ran into a bunch of wild Pokemon, but they were nothing he and Squirtle couldn't handle.

Viridian City, Kanto

When he reached Viridian City, Red first headed to the Pokemon center to heal Squirtle, and then to the poke mart to pick up Professor Oak's package.

"Oh, hey, you must be Professor Oak's new errand boy that he told me about! I have a package here that's addressed to him, but there isn't a poke mart in Pallet Town", the shopkeeper said.

"Errand Boy?” Red replied, "I don't think he would have said that."

"He didn't, but you are running errands for him, right?” the shopkeeper said.

"Yeah, but that doesn't mean I'm..."

"Never mind, just deliver the package", the shopkeeper said.

Groups:
    Fanfictions: