Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Pokemon Academy Year II: Second Year Rhapsody

The Dimension Wizard Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Pokemon Academy Year II: Second Year Rhapsody

Well let's just say that I'm not planning on a complete victory xD so I'll have to say that Pidgeot will only be able to catch one of them aside from Reggie.

Blog Entries
    Follow an illegible mess. On Twitter Add an illegible mess. on Facebook Add an illegible mess. on MySpace
    Follow an illegible mess. on Tumblr Visit an illegible mess.'s Youtube Channel

well i'm done with the first two parts of the prologue and before i say anything else, i have not read the first story so i may be a little confused at some parts LOL. i'll manage though, hopefully :V

i saw some typo's here and there and minor grammar issues. i think those could easily be picked up if you go back and read through it carefully.

i do like the way you describe the characters, but i feel like the setting was a little lacking. i had no clue what the academy's auditorium looked like besides having a stage with a podium.

sometimes though, i noticed when you described your characters you immediately went on to what they were wearing and the basics on how they look. sometimes this can get rather annoying in my opinion and don't be afraid to blend in details about the person in the story. personally, i think it flows better and when you hover over details on somebody it can get boring very easily and made me a little sleepy xD. detail is a good thing, you just don't want to go overboard with it and make it really prominent.

i'll continue reading but my reviews may be a little slow as i have a lot of other things to deal with, but i'll probably be back to review more.

keep it up!

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

What do you mean by blend details about the person? like they're personality of small details they have.

Blog Entries
    Follow an illegible mess. On Twitter Add an illegible mess. on Facebook Add an illegible mess. on MySpace
    Follow an illegible mess. on Tumblr Visit an illegible mess.'s Youtube Channel

blend it in with the story xD. kind of like... don't put their descriptions RIGHT AFTER you introduce them. i mean saying their hair color is nice and all but don't go waaay into it. i scatter my details here and there just because i don't want anybody to get bored or fall asleep from so much of it.

get what i'm saying? :V i'm horrible at explaining things, please excuse my inability to do so LOL.

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

No that's pretty good advise actually, thanks xD

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

@AetherX ; @Instrutilus ; @Chaosj2 ; @Cosmos ; @BlueNostalgia ; @Lugion ; @Thundagere ; @Jinoga ; @Rob Anybody ; @IVI ; @Karpi ; @Tsutarja ; @Octy ; @Gotpika

So here's the next chapter in Valentines day, this one isn't as action filled but it matches the day...because of that I'm posting this without it being beta read out of my own selfish desires for wanting to post something that matched with the day so sorry about that you can blame me for any trouble or inconvenience.

Chapter 10: Ice Cream and Fireworks

A long bullet train zoomed in through the large grass field that separated Nimbasa city from Castelia scaring various Pokémon that were playing around on the railroads; but carefully avoiding hurting any of them. Reggie looked out of his window, trying to make out most of the images that passed around him; sadly he wasn’t even able to get a good look at the scenery as they passed through.

“Chi!” Chigon smiled, lifting an empty plate with its mouth before sliding it towards the corner. The plate had been cleaned completely; aside from a few stains here and there.

“You already ate too much boy,” Reggie pointed out before signaling towards the pile of plates that were already on the other side of the table.

“Yeah I can’t be seen from over there either!” Valerie announced, moving the plates aside so that Reggie could see her face. “How are your injuries?”

“I’m good, I sure am lucky that Fin managed to stop that Galvantula in time,” Reggie sighed in relief. It had now been a full day since their encounter with the Black Knights back in Milstraton and to make sure that no one knew about what had happened he and Fin had told the others that they had been attacked by an Emolga in the forest.

“Miko was really worried when she saw Fin drag you into the hotel, she was crying too,” Valerie winked.

“No I wasn’t!” Miko screamed from the seat right behind Reggie, causing the sixteen year old to jump at the ear piercing scream.

“Calm down Miko you know she’s just joking,” Marie laughed; patting Miko on the back to try and calm her down. “A field trip is nothing without jokes.” She beamed.

“You seem awfully cheerful,” Miko said with a bit of bitterness.

“I just really like Castelia is all.”

Reggie leaned against his chair, not caring about what the others were talking about. He was more worried about what had happened the day before. Even though they had been able to save Chigon Skyla was still recaptured by Schwarz before they could get to her something that was already hot news in the newspapers. *We have to find out who this Black Knights are…but we can’t tell the others we already dragged them into so much trouble already* he thoughts before seeing Jack walking into the room.

He was frowning yet again, except this time it was even more intense than before. “Kevin again?” Miko asked.

“You know it!” Jack groaned before sitting down next to Valerie. “First class again, I’m really tired of that guy getting special treatment.” He whispered the last part, making sure Stacy hadn’t heard him since she was stuck with looking out for them once more.

“Well can’t do anything about it now can we,” Valerie nodded her head before looking out the window once more. “The train’s slowing down. I’m going to get my luggage.”

“Yeah we should go too.” Miko and Marie looked at each other before nodding and going alongside Valerie.

“Finally. I thought they’ll never leave,” Fin sighed before sitting down next to Reggie, making Jack raise an eyebrow at what he could be hiding. “It’s about what I told you yesterday,” he said towards Jack.

“You told him?” Reggie deadpanned, he hadn’t told anyone else cause Fin himself had forbidden it, though apparently that only counted if Reggie did it.

“Okay now I know what you’re gonna say. I actually looked it up this morning on the Internet and I found some things that might be useful,” Jack muttered with his index finger raised so as to prove a point. “The Black Knights. Not much is known about them but what is known is that they’re a lot like Team Plasma from ten years ago.”

“Team Plasma….who are they again?” Fin scratched the back of his head in down. Jack just sighed before shaking his head in disappointment.

“Team Plasma was one of the evil teams that threatened the world back during the age of the Pokedex Holders, they wanted to free Pokémon from human restraints at all cost and they almost succeeded had it not been for the Pokedex Holders of Unova,” Jack explained with a bit of pride in his voice. “I should know, my brother Cheren is one of them after all.”

“Yeah yeah brother of Pokedex Holder, son of Champion I think I win!” Fin stated, pointing at Jack first before pointing at himself. “So what does Team Plasma have to do with Black Knights.”

“The Black Knights seem to have the same goal as Team Plasma did, except that they’re more open about it as you guys already noticed.” Reggie looked down at the floor and then towards Chigon. If he was sure of something it was that Schwarz was definitely not someone that was all for Pokémon, if all he probably didn’t care about humans either. “Basically they’ve striked multiple towns over Unova and have been seen releasing Pokémon from Pokémon Centers into the wild after capturing them. Though frankly I can’t see why they would want to capture Skyla.”

“I don’t know but if there’s something we can do then we should do it.” Fin’s expression changed once more giving Fin an unusually serious look on his face but it was also mixed with determination.

“Well we might just be in luck,” Jack crossed his arms. “According to the pattern of attack they should be going to Castelia next since an attack was reported on Nimbasa last night along with Skyla’s capture.”

“Then we’ll wait for them at Castelia,” Fin stated with his hand holding the table firmly. “Remember not to tell the girls though. We shouldn’t drag them into this. The teacher’s either or they’ll try to stop us.”

Reggie felt like saying something, saying that they should ask for help and that they couldn’t do it alone. Maybe Fin was right about the teachers trying to stop them, but wasn’t it just better to let others handle it after what they had gone through the year before.

After getting out of the train and picking up their luggage the students of Elemental Academy were all taken through a tour of the city. Luckily, Reggie and the rest of his group managed to enter the same bus, something that gave the rest of their classmates a good laugh due to Chigon flying around to make sure he could get a good look at every building.

“Aren’t you going to try to calm him down?” Valerie asked, watching Chigon fly right over her head towards the back of the bus.

“I gave up. He’ll get tired in a while,” Reggie shrugged before looking out the window. He himself wasn’t able to contain his joy, he had always admired Castelia City for its great buildings and sights and going there was easily one of his lifelong dreams. “There are so many places I want to go in Castelia right now. I can’t believe we only have three days.”

“It’s lucky we came here during the Castelia City Festival,” Fin pointed out from the seat in front of Reggie. “A summer to celebrate the coming of autumn and the end of winter which is Castelia’s biggest commercial season, everything’s cheaper and there’s a fireworks show every evening it couldn’t get any better than this!” he cheered. Reggie couldn’t help but laugh; it was as if he had forgotten about everything that happened to Skyla.

“Where’s Miko?” Reggie inquired, deciding to forget about the thought for the moment.

“I think she’s up front with our friendly neighborhood star,” Valerie responded, urging for Reggie to look towards the front seats. Miko and Kevin were sitting in the front seat of the bus right in front of the city and from what Reggie could detail the two seemed to be having a lot of fun as Kevin pointed at multiple buildings that they passed by.

“Well….that’s just peachy and I can’t believe I just said that,” Reggie groaned.

Luckily for Reggie the bus came to a stop right after that, parking right behind the first buss as they both stopped in front of the entrance of a large hotel building which seemed to stretch for up to fifteen stories. “…I love this field trip!” Valerie announced. “And it’s so bad that Darren couldn’t come though.”

“Yeah,” Reggie nodded his head before walking over to the luggage cabinet and opening it. However as soon as he opened it something or someone popped out, throwing Reggie to the floor as well as some of the bags that were inside the cabinet.

“I couldn’t take sneaking around any longer first the plane then the hotel, do you know how hard it is to hide inside the janitor’s locker?” Reggie looked up, finally recovering his vision before seeing Allison on top of him both of her arms wrapped around his head. “I just couldn’t breathe anymore.”

“What the hell!?” Miko exclaimed, she and Kevin walking over so that they could see what was happening.

“Allison…what are you doing here?” Fin deadpanned before Allison finally let go of Reggie and stood up.

“I had to come. The second years were coming so I couldn’t waist my chance to battle Darren again. Think about it, he’s gonna be all relaxed and everything so he’s gonna be vulnerable it’s the best chance!’ she announced, ignoring the fact that both students and teachers were surrounding them.

“And that would’ve been a great plan.” Jack adjusted his glasses. “Had Darren actually come on this trip,” he deadpanned; noticing that Allison’s confident smirk was beginning to weaken with every passing second.

“Allison what are you doing here?” everyone turned to look at Freed, who was massaging his temples in exasperation before walking over to her. “I knew something I had seen you board the train before.” He then turned to the other students and teachers. “I’m sorry everybody this is Allison one of my students, she’s a first year and seems to have sneaked her way into the trip.”

“Well I guess that isn’t a problem…right?” Stacy asked as she scratched the back of her head. “The principal left you in charge so if you allow her to be here it should be okay,” she turned towards the other students once more, motioning for them to head towards the entrance. “Don’t worry guys everything’s okay we just have one more student to worry about than what we thought.”

“You okay buddy?” Kevin asked slyly before helping Reggie up from the floor; something that caused him to feel a little bitter. “You sure hit the floor hard there,” he chuckled, even going as far as to dust him off.

“Yeah I’m okay…thanks,” Reggie replied, trying not to sound angry.

“It’s a pleasure to help a friend of mine,” Kevin patted his shoulder gently before turning to Miko. “Anyways like I was saying. I can easily show you around Castelia Studios tomorrow, I know a few people that won’t mind if I bring in someone,” he grinned slyly before giving her a thumb up.

“Wow thanks,” Miko nodded her head before looking at the others. “Can we bring…”

“Yeah of course you can,” Kevin interrupted, knowing what she was going to say; though he did sound a little bit disappointed. “I wouldn’t mind bringing the others along the more the merrier right?”

“Great.” Reggie rolled his eyes. He felt a small tug from behind, realizing that Claudia was behind him with his bag in her hand. “Oh. Thanks.” He grabbed the bag and strapped it over his shoulder.

“Are you okay?” Claudia asked with a worried look on her face. “You hit your head pretty hard.”

“Oh yeah I was just surprised is all,” Reggie chuckled; holding his hand in front of himself so as to get Claudia to stop worrying. “Thanks for helping we should focus on the field trip though it’s the newspaper club’s job to get every single moment for the next edition once we get back!” Reggie encouraged. For some reason he always felt more confident in himself when he was round Claudia same with Miko though he wished she was more confident as well.

“Uh…yeah,” Claudia nodded her head in agreement before smiling and beginning to walk towards the hotel.

Jack sighed as he made his way through the hallways of the fifth floor, he had been set up in the fifth floor along with the rest of the Pikachu Thunder students that had gone on the field trip. “It’s a good thing that I didn’t bring much luggage,” Jack pointed out before he called the elevator.

As soon as the elevator door opened Jack was taken aback by the sight of Marie, who had moved to the back of the elevator as well when she saw Jack. “Oh sorry it’s just I wasn’t expecting to see you…well I guess I was.”

“Where you looking for me?” Jack asked before walking into the elevator, deciding to stand next to Marie as the elevator made its way down.

“Yeah actually…we’re close from Mode Street and I was wondering if you wanted to go with me I heard Casteliacones are really good,” Marie beamed, turning her head so that she’ll be looking at Jack.

Jack looked at the elevator door before sighing. “I can’t.” As soon as he said this Marie’s smile seemed to have all but vanish looking like a defenseless puppy instead. “I already told Fin that I’ll go with him to watch the fireworks show.”

“But…but you can just go with him after coming with me we won’t take that long!” Marie exclaimed, causing Jack to jump back due to there sudden raise in voice. “Sorry…it’s just. Forget it I don’t know why I even tried,” she shook her head before walking out of the elevator, which had conveniently opened up at that moment.

“What’s with her?” Jack raised an eyebrow, taking a step out of the elevator before sighing. He didn’t know why she had gotten so mad but whatever it was it sure was something that could come back to bite him.

“That idiot why does have to be so clueless,” Marie fumed as she walked through the streets of Castelia. The sun had started going down but that only seemed to increase the large crowd that made up Castelia’s main attraction; of course this was all sparked by the fireworks show that would be starting as soon as night fell.

Marie turned around as she came into view of a large ice cream parlor with the name “Castelia’s Cones” right over its entrance. “It’s certainly gotten bigger,” she giggled before walking in.

The store was pretty much empty at the moment, probably cause people were more focused on what was going to happen outside; this didn’t stop Marie however, who surprised the cashiers that were already preparing to live. “I’m sorry were you going to be closing?”

“Oh well usually the nights of the festival tend to be uneventful since the show takes place in Castelia Street.” The cashier answered carefully before smiling at Marie. “But don’t worry we’re still open after all.”

“Thanks,” Marie nodded her head before waking over to the counter. “I’d like a Casteliacone please,” she requested before she took her wallet out so that she could pay for the ice cream.

“Sure, I’ll be back soon,” the cashier answered, though she seemed to be surprised for some reason.

Marie decided to walk over to one of the tables and took her chance to sit down. She looked outside through the transparent glass, letting her mind drift before she looked down at the table.

After the cone had been served Marie finally noticed why the cashier had been so surprised. The Casteliacone was basically a large sundae in a cookie bowl with the same material as normal snow cones. She grabbed a spoon before looking down at the cone curiously. “It has been ten years I guess I forgot more than I what I needed to.” She put the thought on the back of her head though before taking a bite from the cone and leaning back, a smile on her face as she felt the sweet and tingly taste of the ice cream course through her taste buds.

“Still the best huh?” she quickly turned around, almost causing her chair to fall off. Once she was able to calm down she noticed that Jack was standing by the door way with his arms crossed. “I used to come here a lot when I was a kid though the last time I came here I was around fourteen or so,” he explained before walking over to Marie.

“What are you doing here?” Marie turned away from Jack, not wanting to come into eye contact with him. “You said you didn’t want to come.”

“Yeah but you seemed bothered so I just didn’t think of it as fair if I had just left you like that.” Jack grabbed the seat opposite to Marie and proceeded to sit down. He then grabbed a second spoon that had been put on the cone and took a bite from it. “It sure knows how to hit the spot.” He smiled before looking at Marie. “This is for two people so that’s why you wanted me to come?”

“Well that and because…” Marie sighed before taking another bite. “I wanted to come here with someone I cared about.” She looked around the room once more as if to finish processing it in her mind. “You see I came here with my mom-my real mom when I was just a toddler I remember this was still a stand,” she giggled slightly at the memory before continuing. “She bought a Casteliacone for the two of us and as we ate I just couldn’t help but smile, me and my mom never had a lot of time to be with each other because well…”

“I know, Reggie sort of told me how your mother was affiliated with Team Galactic when she was younger,” Jack interrupted; causing Marie to raise her head in awe.

“Yeah.” She nodded her head. “She told me that one day we would be able to come back and eat here again but….a few months after that she turned herself in and well she still hasn’t gotten out of prison so I wanted to take my chance and come here with someone that I cared for as much,” she explained before putting her hand over Jack’s. Jack just blushed before sighing as a way to calm himself down. “I’m sorry for getting mad at you back at the hotel though.”

“No that was my fault. I shouldn’t have been so rude I mean if you ask me to come it must’ve been for something right.” He looked outside once more, noticing that the sky had now darkened completely.

And just as it did the sky seemed to be lit once more, except that it was now decorated with the lights of multiple fireworks that exploded one after another, some taking the shape of figures and others the shapes of Pokémon. “Well we did spend the whole day traveling here,” Jack pointed out.

“Maybe we should go see the others?” Marie suggested.

“Let’s finish the ice cream first,” Jack winked before he adjusted his glasses and went back to his ice cream.

Reggie and the rest of the group were looking up into the sky at the fireworks show. They were now standing on the top floor of the hotel, giving them a great view of the show. “It looks really good don’t you think?”

“You’re right,” Fin nodded his head in agreement. “Sorry I’ve been acting so differently lately. I’m just worried about Skyla.”

“I know but don’t worry we’ll get her,” Reggie encouraged, patting Fin on the shoulder so that he was able to calm down.

“Well all my sneaking was for nothing but at least I get to skip class,” came the voice of Allison as she stared at the fireworks with a rather lazy look on her face.

End of Chapter 10
    Next Time: Lights, Camera, Action! (Boy you can’t even guess)

Also thanks to @Instrutilus I also have this new fanart of two characters that you might know...

Blog Entries

Only one word can describe the end of the chapter.....awwwww :3

But anyway, onto the first part. It took me a while to figure out what had happened but I noticed something which might have been a mistake or maybe not. When he's talking to Valerie, it says he had told them they were attacked by an emolga but when he spoke he mentioned a galvantula? Was that a mistake on your part or Reggie's?

Grammar and flow could use a little work but I'll let it slide since you sidesteped your beta reader to get us this on a certain day XD

As for Darren, I'm curious as to why he couldn't come, maybe I missed it, but when I found out they told Jack my first instinct was that they should get Darren to help.

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

That was actually Reggie's mistake, he's not knowledgeable about Unovan Pokemon so he gets confused with the names.

As for Darren well, he didn't actually want to go since he felt like it would just be a bother to go on the field trip; plus he skips class a lot so he couldn't go. However I didn't include him so that I could focus on the others xD Darren tends to take the spotlight a lot.

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Good point about Darren, he does have a tendency to take the spotlight, but that's because he's an interesting character to begin with. Anyway, a very good chapter, fits very well with Valentine's Day.
    Revolutionaryverse

Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

Yeah I noticed he really is interesting xD I guess people have a thing for bad boys.

Blog Entries

Not bad boyz perse'. It's what they sympolize; the freedom of being who you are and not giving a F*** about what people think. That, and girls. Lots and lots of girls :3

Good chapter overall. Didn't really do that much to add to the overall plot, but hey, it's Valentine's, nobody cares, right? Good job and continue with the good work.

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

Well I'm glad you liked the valentines chapter still xD honestly posting it on valentines was the only way I felt the chapter would be better received since it didn't have a lot to do with the plot.

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Eh, okay chapter. Nothing of great importance happened, it was simply okay.

I love you BMGf friends Milo†icgirl McQüeen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Agree with the comment above.

Sorry for not being able to post last few chapters....since I didn't get tagged along this one too.

Wasn't really good, wasn't really that bad. A simple read in my opinion.

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

Well...thanks I guess xD hopefully the next chapter will be better.

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast