TEEN: Pokemon Academy Year II: Second Year Rhapsody - Page 25
Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Academy Year II: Second Year Rhapsody

Default Re: Pokemon Academy Year II: Second Year Rhapsody

Finally!! Phew! I've managed to catch up with the entire story - thank god for the summer holidays.

Having read Dragons Roar earlier in the year I have to say you've grown a lot since then :) Your writing and grammar is much better and many times I've stopped and said to myself: "This is great! This is like a published novel!"

I really enjoyed your last few chapters. The battles were well executed and the differences in styles and battle conditions made the competition seem different and unique, instead of a stream of 6-on-6 or 2-on-2 Pokémon battles (especially liked Claudia versus Zephyr)

In my opinion, your greatest talent is creating strong, believable characters with powerful personalities that really shone through in the last chapter.

Read the Final Chapter of A Bháis
    My thanks to Blazaking and Blue Dragon for my banners

Pokémon X - Friend Code: 0516 - 7269 - 0741
    Add me, message me, and I'll add you back

Brock's Pikachu LightningTopaz's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

One review, as per the Review Game:

First, I love the world you've built here--you've put a lot of effort into building the world and the characters.

However, I will confess that I'm jumping in here without having read the first book, so I may go back later to see how these characters grew, developed and changed. But even though I have a lot of questions about Chigon and your main crew, what you have here makes it relatively understandable without having read Book 1

I will, however, applaud you for making a believable Fakemon in Chigon, based on what I see so far, I wish he were real.

In short, I still have a lot of questions (which can be remedied by reading Book 1) but I'm really impressed so far.
    My URPG stats: Maya's status

SuBuWriMo status: 28,103 words in all!

Your mind is a world AetherX's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Visit AetherX's Youtube Channel

Since I'm pretty sure you know how I feel about the fic overall, I'll forgo my post-awards review in favor of a regular one.

There was some great character development for everyone in the past couple chapters, so much so that it seems like things are starting to come to a head. Especially given the end of chapter 35. Can we expect a climax soon?

I liked Claudia vs Zephyr, particularly the way it ended. It makes sense, given Zephyr's personality. Reggie vs Kevin was immensely satisfying, but it's a shame Kevin didn't get properly beaten. Good stuff, and I look forward to more as per usual. (btw you're still doing the color colored thing, I trust you know how I feel about that xP)

Stray Dog Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

@AetherX; @Druddigon; @Heartz; @Instrutilus; @Soulmaster; @Tophat Dragoneye; @The Jingster; @System Error;

Well this one took a while, I actually wrote it last week but I didn't get a chance to reread it cause I was dying with exams this week...actually I just skimmed through it a few hours ago to see what I could catch xD I wanted to at least post this one before I left on my trip.

Oh yeah I'll be going ton a trip to europe for a month, though I'll still get a chance to write while I'm away thankfully. So for now this is kind of an epilogue for the Enforcers arc.

And Aetherx hmm...well I can say that we are heading towards a conclusion though not quite yet at the same time xD

Chapter 36: Afterthoughts

The calm and cold breeze of the beach washed over his body, causing his exposed chest to be overwhelmed by the slightly cold feeling of the night air, though this was all contrasted by the warm sand that lay below him.

Darren moved around on the sand, his head never turning away from the crashing waves of the sea as he thought back to the events of the day. After the Club Battle Royale had been announced as a tie everyone had decided to celebrate, and as thus they had all decided to throw a barbecue in the beach.

And yet Darren couldn’t feel as elated as they were, and why should he? They didn’t win, true they didn’t lose either but they still didn’t win. He stared at the sand bitterly as he clenched his fists, frustrated as his mind raced with the images of his battle with Keith.

“Someone seems frustrated,” Darren raised his head and moved around; allowing him to come face to face with Kevin Blaze, or rather, Incendio.

The teacher didn’t say anything, instead he just smiled as he walked closer towards Darren. “What are you doing here?” Darren asked bitterly, not even bothering on facing Incendio anymore.

“Hey we teachers can have fun too you know,” Incendio smiled as he pocketed his hands and looked towards the sky. “Besides, Freed and Rose are slave workers, this is the only way I’ll get a chance to relax,” he chuckled sheepishly.

Darren couldn’t help but look at Incendio from the corner of his eye. He was wearing a white open shirt but had left his chest in full view, allowing him to show his muscles and pecs. One thing that caught Darren’s eye though were the many scars and bruises that he had in his chest, even though he had gathered a few of his own he was still surprise by the sheer number.

Incendio noticed though and as thus proceeded to smirk. “Like what you see?” he stated slyly, which in turn made Darren turn away from him and frown. “You don’t have to be so mean like that dude. But anyways….” At this he hunched down so that he was at eye level with Darren. “Did you find out?”

“Find out what?” Darren asked while still keeping his eyes away from the teacher.

“The thing with the ramen that I showed you before,” Incendio replied with a simple nod from his head. “I’m sure you must’ve seen it.”

“Working with others…in order to make myself stronger,” Darren noted, his tone becoming quieter and calmer now. “I did realize it but I still didn’t win against Keith.”

“Well it is pretty stupid to think you’re gonna win from just working as a team once,” Incendio laughed. “But now you understand it, instead of being alone like you always are right now included, you should open up to those guys more.”

“I’m good alone, I don’t need to rely on others to drag me down or make me feel like I need their help,” Darren argued as he stood up from the sand. “I’ve been alone for the last 7 years of my life…there’s only one person that I would’ve trusted enough to work with and he’s gone.”

Incendio’s expression turned somber as he looked at the sand, almost as if a forgotten memory was coming back to him. “I heard about your friend Roger’s death and that my former boss killed him.”

“Well, sorry isn’t gonna bring him back now is it?” Darren pointed out while clenching his fist. “The reason….” He interrupted himself, practically biting his tongue as he tried to hold his words back; however, this proved to be futile because even he knew that he would eventually have to say it.

“The reason I stopped trying to be around those guys is cause I’m afraid…I’m afraid that I’ll end up getting close to them then see them all vanish in front of me,” he stated, his voice still sounding forced. “And even though I killed Zivok I don’t feel better, I still have that fear and I still feel bad for Roger’s death.”

“Well it’s good you’re being honest with yourself,” Incendio grinned and proceeded to stand back up. “But that fear is something we all have, in many different ways and until you conquer your own fear you won’t be able to get any stronger.”

“So for now, instead of trying to turn away from what’s in front of you, just look forward.”

When Darren heard this he began to raise his head, almost as if he was being controlled by someone else. Allison stood in front of him, a smile on her face as she walked over. He noticed that she was holding a silver tray on her arms and his eyes immediately fell on the brown fudge covered cake, though the darkness of the night had made it almost completely black.

“Yo, how come you’re all alone here?” Allison asked with a curious expression on her face.

“I can say the same about you,” Darren countered, his eyes staring at Allison’s. “And what’s with the cake, we didn’t win.”

Allison seemed to had been hurt by this comment, she had obviously worked hard on the cake and it was true that they hadn’t won but it still felt bad for Darren to remind her that. “I know…I didn’t fulfill my promise to you,” she muttered with sadness. “But, we didn’t lose and everybody’s okay…well I’m okay now that I washed all the paint off but we should still enjoy ourselves don’t you think,” she beamed and walked closer towards him.

He still didn’t get it. What was the purpose of celebrating if you were only celebrating a draw; however, he couldn’t say that in front of Allison, especially now that her expression showed she wouldn’t take no for an answer.

“Come on Darren!” Allison urged as she nudged Darren’s shoulder slightly. “Come on, we’ll eat cake with everyone and celebrate,” she nodded her head cheerfully; her sudden change of personality causing Darren to raise an eyebrow in confusion. “But tomorrow I’ll challenge you to a rematch and you better accept!” she screamed at the top of her lungs, her voice sounding more determined.

Darren sighed at this, though it was mostly due to Allison’s unpredictable moods. He was kind of glad though, even if she annoyed him with her constant duels it was still nice to have someone that paid attention to him and was willing to be around him. He looked at Incendio once more.

“Go and enjoy the cake, though save me a slice,” Incendio laughed and proceeded to walk off, though not before winking at Darren.

“Fine Allison, let’s go,” Darren pocketed his hands and began walking as well.

“Wait! Is our battle on then!?”

Claudia stared at the partying students, her mind wandering as she thought back to the events of the battle before and completely ignoring the music and the sound of the others talking. She couldn’t get her mind away from what Zephyr had said, was she really resentful of Miko? It’s not like seeing her with Reggie hadn’t hurt her but she didn’t really hate her for it.

Though she had to agree that part of her did feel bad because of what had happened to Reggie, after he had despaired so much and had even asked for her help he was acting as if nothing had happened. No, she couldn’t think about that, she couldn’t afford to be selfish and let those words get to her.

Claudia felt a presence draw towards her, her gaze didn’t avert from the sand though as she passed it off as just another person.

Her mind changed once she felt her head been ruffled; something that caused the girl to scream in shock and jump away from the sudden action. As she hit the sand she was able to see a giggling Valerie standing above her. “You sure seemed to be thinking hard? Need any help with that brain teaser you’ve got there?” she asked; her usual sheepish smile never leaving her face.

Claudia didn’t reply; instead she panted as she tried to calm herself back down from Valerie’s sudden surprise. “No it’s okay, I was just thinking about the match is all.”

“Oh?” Valerie stated, her expression becoming more curious now. She put her hands to her hips and leaned closer to Claudia. “You know we were all surprised by your victory, you did pretty well too, mind telling me what happened?”

“Well you can’t really say I won,” Claudia spoke nervously, now recalling the events that had transpired to the forest in more detail. She had to admit that if it hadn’t been for the Swablu she would’ve never been able to find Zephyr.

That’s when it finally crossed her mind, the Swablu that she and her Vulpix had met at the forest had quickly flown off after they got out, though she had to admit that she liked the little guy and actually wanted to catch him. “Let’s just say I had a bit of help from a friend,” she spoke with a more somber tone now.

“Blu swa blu blu!” the sound of incessant chirping filled Claudia’s and Valerie’s ears and made them, along with the rest of the people around them turn towards the sky. Claudia gasped in disbelief when she saw the Swablu that had helped her in the forest flying in the sky above them.

“That’s the Swablu I met before,” Claudia noted with an air of amazement. She saw as the Swablue began to descend before slowly landing onto the shoulder and making the girl step back due to the sudden increase in weight.

“Why did you come here?” Claudia raised a confused eyebrow.

“Swablu swa blu bluswa swa!” the Swablu exclaimed, almost as if what it was saying should be obvious; though Claudia obviously hadn’t noticed what it was saying.

“I think the little guy is saying that he wants to be with you,” Valerie pointed out with a cheeky grin as she petted the small flying type; who in turn nodded its head, almost as if it was affirming Valerie’s suspicion.

“Really?” Claudia exclaimed in disbelief as she looked at the Swablu. She was surprised mostly because she didn’t think the Swablu liked her that much, especially considering that it seemed to be mad at her before. Part of her felt happy though, happy that the Pokemon was willing to give her a chance at being its trainer. “I’m not very strong though, not strong enough to have a Pokemon like you at least.”

The Swablu shook its head before swiftly pecking Claudia’s forehead and causing her to jump and shriek in pain. “The guy doesn’t mind Claudia,” Valerie pointed out. “I assume this is the reason you won isn’t it?” she asked before smiling at the bird Pokemon and bowing her head. “It’s giving you the chance to catch it because it believes that you’re a suitable trainer…so don’t waste that opportunity.”

Claudia just stared at her friend and at the Swablu; her mind still surprised at the sudden turn of events. She smiled and proceeded to take a pokeball out and point it towards the Swablu. “Do you really want to work with me?” she asked

The Swablu didn’t say anything and instead just nodded its head happily. And that was all Claudia needed as she gently patted the bird’s head before seeing it being absorbed into the small sphere-like object.

She casted her worries aside and turned towards Valerie once more. “You know, I feel better now,” she grinned. “I won’t worry about things that don’t matter right now, all I can do is live in the moment.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about, but I’m glad you solved it,” Valerie smiled back.

Jack kept his gaze on the beach’s shore, his mind wandering and going back to thoughts about his battle against Zephyr as well as the battle that the Media Club had with the Enforcers. He knew that he needed to get stronger, he was even able to tell that much while watching the battle. He adjusted his glasses a bit before he felt someone approach him.

Jack quickly turned his head around and came face to face with Marie, who was carrying two cans of soda with her. Of course he couldn’t help but turn his gaze towards the matching green bikini top and bottom that she had been wearing; they did a great job in showing her petite figure.

“I think you’re drooling,” Marie noted, causing the boy to finally pull himself back from his own world and stare at the now laughing girl. “I guess even you have guy moment huh?”

“I’m not Darren, I’m just more serious than Fin,” Jack frowned; trying desperately to hide the blush that had materialized on his face. He had to admit that he really did feel a lot different when around Marie, he was usually more serious or composed in front of others but he was never able to keep his thoughts straight with her.

“Well I guess that’s true,” Marie nodded her head in agreement before she sat down next to Jack and presented one of the cans to him.

“Soda?”

“I don’t like beer,” Marie chuckled timidly. “If you want something else I could go get it.”

“No it’s okay,” Jack shook his head, taking a second to feel the coldness of the can envelop his hand and causing him to feel a slight tingle due to the sudden change in temperature. “I was just thinking is all.”

“About how you lost to Zephyr and how the others came closer to defeating the Enforcers compared to us?” Marie stated, though in a way that made it seem more like a guess as she gulped down her soda.

He stared at her violet hair as it was pushed behind her shoulders, his face still maintaining a bit of its red color. “Well…yeah, it’s just annoying when I see that Fin and Reggie are starting to get ahead of me, it doesn’t feel like I’m growing at all.”

“You boys and your battle problems,” Marie teased, she sticking her tongue out at Jack to emphasize her tone. “Jack, you’re a great guy and you’re much smarter and cunning that those two, true Fin might be stronger and Reggie does have a quick growth but you’re a better strategist than the two of them combined.”

“So what you’re saying is that I should just keep sticking to strategies forever?” Jack raised an eyebrow.

“Well strategies are crucial,” Marie winked as she raised her index finger and smiled at her friend. “Strength doesn’t matter as long as you have a counter measure for everything, and that’s what you excel at.”

Jack stared at the sand for a moment, allowing Marie’s words to sink in and take place inside of his head as he slowly lifted the specks of sand and watched them fall back down as he moved his hand. “I guess you do have a point.”

“Oh by the way, how about we go pick up some berries one of these days, there’s always more we can grow in the green house,” Marie nodded her head cheerfully, her demeanor changing completely. Jack couldn’t say that he didn’t appreciate this side of her, it was something that helped him get rid of his pressure.

He looked at her with the corner of his eyes, his mind racing with things that he wanted to say. He had joined the gardening club because he wanted to spend more time with her, and even though they got along well he still wasn’t sure if it was right for him to even confess his feelings.

“Hmm…Marie..” Jack mumbled; however, before he was able to get the words out of his mouth he saw a couple of girls walk towards Marie. He didn’t say anything, instead trying to process what was going on, unfortunately Marie proceeded to stand up and flash him an expression of regret before she waved at him and walked off with the girls.

Jack frowned, his eyes fixating on the water once more. He was about to confess his feelings, but at the end of the day it all just felt pointless.

“You sure struck out buddy.”

Jack’s frown grew even more when he saw Fin standing over him, a grin on his face as he patted his friend’s back. “But it’s okay I mean, it happens to the best of us, though that really went bad,” the redhead laughed while crossing his arms.

Jack just groaned with annoyance; not really feeling up for Fin’s usual jokes and sarcastic comments. “You know, I’m not in the mood for your crap today Fin.”

“Oh come on, I’m just trying to help out,” Fin pouted as he looked towards Marie and the two girls. “Though really, why didn’t you tell her I mean you had a great opportunity.”

“I just don’t think it’s right,” Jack sighed before adjusting his glasses once more. “Marie is a really cute girl, everyone likes her and she’s always so…perfect really, she even takes care of someone like me.”

Fin raised an eyebrow in confusion; almost as if what Jack was saying was all gibberish to him. “You know, you don’t give yourself enough credit man, you’re not a bad looker and you’re pretty freaking awesome!” Fin exclaimed.

“That’s weird. You complimenting someone that is.”

“My advice is to just tell her how you feel about her, if you really like her that is,” Fin nodded his hade sagely before slowly turning around. “You could ask Reggie for some advice, he did manage to confess to Miko after all.”

“Since when do we have to deal with all this strange romance crap anyway?” Jack sighed with exasperation; now passing his hand over his hair and brushing it back.

“Honestly you can’t tell me you like getting your right eye blown out more than this, regeneration or not that still had to hurt like hell,” Fin deadpanned.

“Touche.”

“Exactly, so why don’t we just relax and talk like two normal guys,” Fin smiled, though by his tone it was clear that there was more to it than just good intentions. “Now, how about I get us some drinks and help you drown your sorrows?” Fin suggested with a smirk.

Jack just sighed in exasperation, realizing that Fin really did have an ulterior motive. “No thanks,” he muttered before he stood up from the sand and began walking off; in turn leaving a dumbfounded Fin on the sand.

“Fine then! I’ll happily drown your sorrows for you, because that’s what friends do!” Fin yelled loudly and put his hands on the side of his face so as to make his voice louder.

Fin just frowned and crossed his arms, feeling slightly annoyed at how Jack had left suddenly even after he had tried to cheer him up. “You sure have a way with people don’t you?” He raised his head and turned around; only to see Valerie walking towards him, though she seemed to be laughing at the events that had just transpired. “I see you’re being annoying as usual,” she grinned while putting her hand on her waist.

“I’m only trying to help a friend,” Fin was not amused, barely nodding his head to recognize Valerie’s presence as he stared at the girl’s figure. “Wow…you’ve been growing in all the rights places haven’t ya,” he chuckled.

Valerie groaned at this before proceeding to sit down; though she also seemed to have a slight blush. “Oh be quiet your perv,” she said before looking at the retreating figure of Jack. “Though I’m gonna assume you did have some good intentions when you tried to help him right?” she inquired.

Fin stayed silent for a few seconds, his eyes displaying a certain gleam to them as if he had been found out. “Well I guess nothing escapes you does it Ms. Reporter,” Fin grinned slyly while scratching his chin. “Well, I originally wanted to give Jack the advise of talking to Reggie, but I knew that if I said it in some cutesy and sentimental way it wouldn’t work as much as if it was…well annoying, I found out people tend to respond more to what annoys them.”

“You know knowing you I’m not surprised if you’re just pulling my chain,” Valerie narrowed her eyes at him while raising one of her eyebrows. She sighed and leaned back slightly, something that made Fin finally pay proper attention to her, though mostly out of curiosity for the source of her stress.

“You seem awfully worried about something, and here I thought you were the laid back one,” Fin smirked. “So what’s bothering you?”

Valerie didn’t reply, instead a small blush of embarrassment crossed her face as she turned to look at the beach. “It’s nothing really…”

“Oh it so is, your face is so red you’re practically turning into a Voltorb!” Fin exclaimed, he leaning closer to Valerie; which only caused her to move back and push him back. “Come on, tell me what’s bothering you!” he whined.

Valerie closed her eyes, almost as if she was debating whether she should tell him or not. In the end she just opened her eyes again before looking down at the sand and muttering something inaudible. “What? I couldn’t quite catch that?” Fin asked as he leaned his ear closer.

“I said I’m annoyed at all these damn couples!” Valerie yelled, the force of her scream practically making Fin jump back so as to avoid any damage to his ear; though he still grabbed on to it tightly after having taken most of the sound in. “It’s really frustrating when I see everyone having crushes and getting together…and I’m all alone,” she pouted in frustration.

Fin just stared at her for a second…though his expression didn’t seem to show any kind of emotion aside from a clear shock. After a while it began to distort before it formed his signature grin; something that just made Valerie frown even more. “What’s so funny?” she hissed.

“You’re horny aren’t you?” Fin asked sheepishly.

The statement was enough to make Valerie blush a deep red, her eyes becoming wide open as she stared and practically glared at Fin for his assumption; however, she couldn’t say that he was completely wrong. “….what the hell!? I’m a girl you can’t just say that stuff!” she screamed, her arms flailing about as she shook her head in embarrassment.

“I think we both know I’m almost completely shameless,” Fin replied while inspecting his nails. “Though you haven’t told me I’m wrong either.”

Valerie’s face drop down, her hair covering her eyes even though her blush was still pretty clear for Fin to see. “Come on Valerie, we both know that a relationship right now would just be a hassle, I mean if you get a boyfriend you won’t be able to focus on your reporting especially if you want to get that scholarship to Jubelife News next year,” he pointed out; leaning closer once more so that he was now looking over Valerie. “So no, you don’t want a relationship but you do want what comes with one.”

“You’re a real douchebag you know that,” Valerie gritted her teeth in annoyance; though there wasn’t much she could do in terms of arguing anymore.

“Meh, I’d rather think of myself as someone that is honest with his feelings~” Fin chimed, now putting his hands behind his head. “Though…are you?” he smirked.

“….maybe…” Valerie muttered quietly.

“Well then I guess we’ve reached an impass then,” Fin nodded his head quickly. “I mean I can sort of understand how you feel, plus I do have a similar situa…”

“Oh I do hope you’re not suggesting what I think you’re suggesting!” Valerie threw her index finger forward, practically putting it in front of Fin’s mouth so as to shut him up. “Cause you’re the last person I would consider!”

Fin was the one to pout this time, his eyes staring into Valerie’s as a grin rematerialized on his face. “Come on Val, it’ll only be once so that we can get rid of our situation, you know, scratch my back and I scratch yours though we’re not really talking about backs but we both know what we’re talking about so that works too,” he shrugged nonchalantly.

“No one has to know.”

“No one at all dear,” Fin smirked as he and Valerie stared at each other. He leaned forward slightly and proceeded to give her a quick kiss on the lips which managed to startle her. “Deal?”

“…deal….”

Drowziness was still clouding his mind as well as a deep feeling of disorientation, almost as if his brain was restarting after a long period of time. He opened his eyes slowly, but was only able to see a deep darkness that lay above him.

He blinked a couple of times in an attempt to adjust his sight and as he did he felt the soft and warm feeling of the bed before him. “Am I in my room?” Reggie muttered silently as he tried to sit up; though it was to no avail as his body was pushed back down as soon as he moved. He gritted his teeth at the searing pain spreading through his body before he laid back down.

The last thing he remembered was fighting against Kevin, he could actually still hear the sound of his fist hitting his face and he could swear that he was also able to feel the bruise that it had left. “How did I get here though? And what happened with the match?” he wondered as he began to look around his room.

“Oh you woke up,” Reggie’s attention was taken by the soft and gentle voice of Miko as she walked into the room, she displaying an expression of relief at seeing her boyfriend awake. “I was afraid I’d have to call the doctor or something,” she laughed silently before walking in and closing the door behind her. “Are you feeling okay?”

“Well…my head’s still ringing,” Reggie chuckled shyly while using his right hand to rub his forehead. He stared at Miko for a moment, allowing the fact that they were both alone in his room to sink into him and he in turn blushed once this happened, he wasn’t used to having someone take care of them or at least not someone that wasn’t blood related. “Were you waiting for me to wake up?”

“Of course I was you idiot,” Miko exclaimed, her expression changing to one of concern as she paced closer to Reggie. “I mean I saw you fall to the floor after all that, and you had so many bruises and had taken so many hits I couldn’t just pass it off as nothing!” she frowned at him; though it was mostly due to his question. She proceeded to sigh before gently sitting down on the bed.

Reggie blushed more at this as he scooted away from Miko, still feeling nervous about having her so close to her. It’s true that they had hugged and kissed considering they had already been dating for almost two months, but with them being in his room, alone, together…it was a little too much for him. “So uh…what happened with the match and the competition…did we win?” he stuttered.

Miko raised an eyebrow and a toothy grin also displayed on her face, like she was thinking of something; regardless she still answered. “Well we didn’t win, but we did end up in a draw which is pretty amazing if you ask me!” she exclaimed cheerfully and raised her right index and middle finger so as to make a victory sign. “Plus um…I actually managed to win my challenge…well Darren and mine, it’s still surprising I got him to work together with me,’ she laughed.

“Actually that does sound really unbelievable,” Reggie stood wide eyed at this revelation; he was happy that Miko had been able to help out and accomplish victory but the fact that she was able to get Darren to actually work as a team was an even more amazing feat. “You really are amazing you know that,” he pointed out while displaying a warm smile. “You’re always able to help people out when they’re in trouble no matter what the cost, it’s something that I really enjoy about you.”

“You’re gonna make me blush if you keep saying that you dummy,” Miko spoke, though now it was her turn to become shy as she turned away from Reggie and blushed.

“But you’re already blushing,” Reggie laughed; finally managing to sit up.

Miko just turned to look towards him, an expression of bewilderment and realization on her face as she grabbed one of the bed’s pillows. “Dummy, dummy, dummy!” she yelled before hitting him with the pillow and in turn making Reggie laugh louder at this. “By the way…people might’ve taken it the wrong way but…I got your message,” her tone became quieter and ever so somber as she stared into Reggie’s blue eyes.

Reggie didn’t avert his gaze either and actually smiled back at her as he moved closer towards her. “So then…are we okay?”

“You really are a dummy huh?” Miko smirked before wrapping her arms around Reggie and leaning closer to him. “Yes we’re okay…and I love you,” she whispered before gently resting her lips against his as Reggie wrapped his arms around her; feeling the warmth of her body and of her kisses envelope him.

“Actually…where’s Chigon?”

“Oh you noticed,” Miko giggled as she put her forehead against Reggie’s. “Well…I told him to wait outside of the room because, well you see I figured I should reward you.”

“…reward me?” Reggie raised an eyebrow in curiosity; at least until he was able to deduce what she meant and then proceeded to blush yet again. “Wait….really?”

“Well, you did fight long and hard and you’ve been training so much,” she grinned before leaning back slightly and proceeding to take her jacket off only to take Reggie’s as well. “Do you not want to?” she pouted playfully at him.

“I…uh…I…..yes…” he stuttered, his head moving from side to side and trying to find somewhere to look at.

Miko put her arms around him once more before gently lying down onto the bed with him and kissing his cheek. “Then…just relax now,” she smiled before kissing him on the lips once more.

End of Chapter 36
    Next Time: Bloodless Brotherhood
    Last edited by Flaze; 16th April 2014 at 11:50 AM.

Nice chapter here. Perfect wind down moment after the big chain of events the last few chapters. My only disappointment with it was the fact that, despite requesting it, I wasn't added to the mention list. That's just cold, man.

Blog Entries

Dammit Fin

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior of Fire View Post
    Nice chapter here. Perfect wind down moment after the big chain of events the last few chapters. My only disappointment with it was the fact that, despite requesting it, I wasn't added to the mention list. That's just cold, man.
    Sorry sorry sorry xD I knew I had forgotten about someone, I'll add you starting from the next chapter, my apologies *gives you a cookie*
    @AetherX; Fin knows his way around things when he wants something huh? xD

*eats cookie* Meh, not as good as Creamy's cookies. And unless you're familiar with the Zelda forum Legend's Place, you'll have no idea who that is, but the point is still valid. And don't sweat it.

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In the end, Fin is still Fin (sigh).

Anyway, nice conclusion to the Enforcers Arc, Flaze. They all did a good job against the Enforcers, so they certainly deserve some rest after what they all went through. You made some good details from each character's perspective about the environment and situation they're in, as well their thoughts.

I liked the various development you've made in this chapter, especially Darren which is my favourite. We finally learn why he isn't interacting with others as much as other, that he is actually afraid of losing them the same way he lost Roger and also the importance of teamwork (I think?).

Seems like Jack and Marie's relationship is building up slowly but steady, though none of them seems to be willing to make the move on each other. Gonna be interesting to see how this is going to develop.

I've been wondering were the heck that Swablu went after Claudia's battle. Let's hope she'll get more active in battle then. She definitely has potential, though she needs a little more confidence.

The part with Valerie and Fin took me by surprise, to be honest. Never thought she was frustrated about others being couples and she didn't have a boyfriend. I wonder how this is going to go...

There were a couple of words that were spelled wrong or missing commas (-> ,). But you have improved since Dragon's Roar and since the start of this fic. And since this marks the end of a major arc, I think this would be a good point to talk about Second Year Rhapsody fic as a whole.

The first arc introduced many of new characters we've seen so far, Claudia and Alison among them, as well as establishing their goals and personalities. But the arc can also be seen as the weakest, as most of the chapters had episodic plots and weren't very much connected to each other. But you introduced the new characters in a way that probably under normal circumstances in a normal arc in a Pokémon fanfic. The Unova arc, however, had a much more connected plot than the previous one and also showed greater character development, especially on Reggie's part. You also introduced Memento Mori as the main antagonist of this fic in a nice and subtle way, even if they were in the background while the Black Knights were the main antagonist of the arc.

The arc after that were also quite important as it affected everyone, as you introduced the Enforcers as a major rival to the characters. Reggie as a character here had been shaken since the previous arc, as he has realized that he has gotten overconfident following Dragon's Roar. And following the trashing defeat at the hands of the Black Knight, he was pretty much shot right back down to the ground and reality, with things not getting any better for him when his crush, Miko, got into a relationship with Kevin. Besides Reggie, the way you introduced the Enforcers and showed everyone else that they weren't even among the strongest was good.

All that reached its pinnacle in the next arc, with Reggie encountering Memento Mori once more in the winter break in an attempt to rescue Chigon, after having originally released him after feeling the world was crushing down on him. I really liked the return of Reggie's dark side and how he gave Reggie a lesson over what he has been through so far (if I remember correctly) and that he was the one who motivated Reggie to fix things and even finally confess his feelings to Miko.

The Enforcers arc also had a lot of development for all of the characters. You didn't focus on just Pokémon battles, but on different trials the characters had to overcome and also show what they can do besides battling, creating some great diversity. Reggie also went through some development, both mentally and physically. Mentally because he's there somewhat more confident in a good way, but also had to deal with Kevin, Miko's previous boyfriend, who had joined the Enforcers and forcing Reggie to deal with his newfound rivalry with him. Physically, since he started his training/torture under Darren's tutelage in order to become better, which would play a role in the final chapters of this arc.

When it was finally time to confront the Enforcers, I enjoyed the various rules and diversity you've made for each battle, keeping things fresh and interesting. I do have to admit, I was surprised to see that the Media club lost the first few battles, but seeing from another perspective, one could say that it was a way to show that the Enforcers are not to be underestimated. At any rate, they were creatively well thought out and kept things interesting.

Overall, you've done great and improved quite a lot since you started the second chapter of Pokémon Academy, even if there's still rooms for improvements. I've nothing else to say other than this: Keep up the good work :)
    Last edited by Tophat Dragoneye; 12th August 2013 at 02:40 PM.
    Revolutionaryverse

Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

As I am such an awful person, I never actually gave you any concrete feedback for the last Awards - whoops! So sorry for this, but here we are now!

I really did enjoy this story; it was quite a fun and easy read but it still had the heavy plotline in the background that makes it all worthwhile to sit down and put time and energy into this. It was very easy to pick up from the previous story in terms of all the characters being reintroduced and the previous plotline only been fleetingly mentioned rather than us constantly being battered around the head with it. A favourite point for me was the Celadon/Cerulean arc (a bit ironic I can't remember which one, but thats more Game Freak's fault for too similar city names :P) and the excellent character development Reggie had.
    As I have said earlier, the technical side lets you down a bit as some sentences have heavy typos or missing words that make it difficult to read, so just watch out for those. Also, I think the area you need to work on the most is setting, as sometimes the description of the school gets a bit confusing and other locations felt quite rushed or under-described in the story. However, you have a great style that feels very unique to this story, and I look forward to being able to read more of this story when I get the time :D

Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

@Flaze; Add all this stuff to the first post. Also I better get a big thank you :p I spent two episodes of Vampire Diaries doing this.

Character Sprites:

Reggie:

Fang Drag AKA Fin Wave:

Jack Harman:

Adorable Darren Schifer:

DESCRIPTION OF CHIGON EVOLUTIONS:

INDEX

Prologues
    Chapter 1: There’s Always a First Day
    Chapter 2: Reggie and Matthew, Under Achievers Unite!
    Chapter 3: What Makes a Tag Team
    Chapter 4: United We Might Win
    Chapter 5: The Girl that Sat Alone
    Chapter 6: A Transferred Star and Reggie’s Jealousy
    Chapter 7: Lost in the Forrest
    Chapter 8: Girlfriend?
    Chapter 9: Mistralton: The First Stop
    Chapter 10: Ice Cream and Fireworks
    Chapter 11: Lights, Camera, Action!
    Chapter 12: Victoria Inalcanzable Parte 1
    Chapter 13: Victoria Inalcanzable Parte 2
    Chapter 14: Victoria Alcanzable
    Chapter 15: Realization
    Chapter 16: The Great Detectives Claudia and Valerie
    Chapter 17: The Looming Shadows
    Chapter 18: Meet the Enforcers
    Chapter 19: Declaration of War
    Chapter 20: Hitting Rock Bottom
    Chapter 21: Gallant Reggie
    Chapter 22: Celadon City Scramble Part 1: Broken Bonds
    Chapter 23: Celadon City Scramble Part 2: Rising from the Ashes
    Chapter 24: Celadon City Scramble Part 3: A Victory and a Confession
    Chapter 25: First Date and Epilogue
    Chapter 26: Reggie vs Tyson, Win with One Shot
    Chapter 27: Reggie’s Proposal
    Chapter 28: The First Challenge and Fifth Meeting
    Chapter 29: Claudia’s and Allison’s Abilities
    Chapter 30: Miko’s Love
    Chapter 31: A Strategist’s Game
    Chapter 32: 6 vs. 6 The Last Challenge Begins
    Chapter 33: Skipping Stones, The Battle Girl falls
    Chapter 34: Teamwork/The Dark Forest
    Chapter 35: Two Different Worlds
    Chapter 36: Afterthoughts

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

@AetherX; @Druddigon; @Heartz; @Instrutilus; @Soulmaster; @Tophat Dragoneye; @The Jingster; @System Error; @Midorikawa; @Warrior of Fire;

Well it's certainly been a long time since I last posted for my fic huh? two months, that's really a long time and I actually feel bad for that xD so to make up for it and to celebrate the awards coming yet again I've got the chance to write not one but two chapters!

I don't have much to say except that this is the start of a new arc, the second to last arc to be exact.

Also I'd like to give thanks to Midorikawa for helping me out with the index and for giving me the idea for short special chapters, these chapters will be used so that I can write things that aren't fit to be a chapter of their own and are just simple things of the character's life.

So without further ado we have the two chapters plus a little something else that my friend Instrutilus is working on so be sure to check it out ;)

Chapter 37: Bloodless Brotherhood

Chapter 38: Let’s Create a Battle Style

The something else

Last edited by Flaze; 5th October 2013 at 11:53 AM.

Blog Entries

This place seems oddly quiet considering there's two more chapters up.

Ah well, regardless, good work Flaze, I look forward to seeing the Valentine Escapades :L

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quite an interesting plot you're building up to, Flaze. The Four Titans League sounds like it's going to be epic tournament with everyone involved. I also liked that you've turned the Enforcers from antagonist to now supporting characters after the previous arc, though it would seem Kevin, who is no longer part of the group, is still bitter about Reggie after their fight. We'll see what role he'll have in the future.

Fin is still Fin, although he was on the defensive regarding Valerie, even if he didn't reveal anything and is rather uncharacteristic of him. I'm curious to see how this is going to develop.

I'm quite happy to see Chigon back in action and with his unique ability to boot, even though he lost the battle. It has been a very long time since we last saw him in battle, so I'm glad to see that Reggie was using him again. I'm also interested to see how Reggie is going to develop as a Pokémon trainer, now that he's training to find his own unique style of battling. And I agree with Tyson here, Reggie does have a knack for combining moves.

Speaking of the battle, it was well detailed and I could easily see it in my mind. I was a bit surprised to see Chigon lose, considering how powerful he can be. But as Tyson mentioned, it was largely because of Fin thinking ahead and his High-Risk-High-Reward strategy working.

As mentioned before, I like the way you switched the Enforcers from antagonist to supporting characters, but also their new roles as mentors for our characters. It's going to be interesting to see how they will fill in that roles to everyone.

As for Jack and Marie, about time ;)

Anyway, I enjoyed reading the two chapters. Keep up the good work.
    Revolutionaryverse

Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

Blog Entries

ALL THE SHIPPING!

I loved all the great character development you've got going on here. I was reading some of the early chapters of Dragon's Roar the other day and it's kind of fun to see how much everyone's grown. l also like how the Enforcers seem like they're going to be a bit less antagonistic (also, seeing Kevin taken down a notch is immensely satisfying). You've been hinting at this FTL tournament thing since the epilogue of Dragon's Roar, but now it seems like it might not even show up yet. I'm assuming it will be in the sequel? But then how are you going to wind up this fic? Hmmm... only time will tell. Exciting stuff one way or another. I really apologize about not really reviewing as much as I used to. I still read and enjoy everything you write, so keep it up!

Nitpick: When you do ellipses, there's supposed to be a space after them.

“Wha…no..nothing happened…nothing at all,” he stuttered as his eyes turned away from Fin nervously; his body even shaking as he spoke.
    Should be

“Wha… no... nothing happened… nothing at all,” he stuttered as his eyes turned away from Fin nervously; his body even shaking as he spoke.
    You had a lot of ellipses there in the beginning so it kind of popped out.

Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast