Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Pokemon Academy Year II: Second Year Rhapsody

The Dimension Wizard Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Pokemon Academy Year II: Second Year Rhapsody

Sorry for the long wait, some things popped up and my beta reader was having some trouble too, but now the new chapter's here so that's good at least :) this chapter will be the start of the club battle royale so enjoy.

@Instrutilus; @Tophat Dragoneye; @Thabet; @Chaosj2; @Tsutarja; @AetherX; @Thundagere; @Gotpika; @System Error;

Chapter 28: The First Challenge and Fifth Meeting

Elemental Academy was filled with life, the sound of music and enjoyment spreading through the castle area. The students walked around, talk or prepared each one with a different goal to accomplish on that specific day.

It had now been one month since the announcement of the Elemental Academy Club Battle Royale, or CBR as the students called it. Because of this classes had been let off for the whole week so as to allow clubs to challenge each other or prepare for challenges; this also gives students a chance to rest and enjoy themselves.

“The place looks all filled with life.” Fin beamed before taking a bite out of the corndog he was eating. He turned to look at Reggie, who seemed to be staring down at the floor and panting slightly. It had also been a month since Reggie started training with Darren, and due to this the boy had become a lot more...tired, to put it bluntly. “Darren working you to the bone?”

“Well I’m the one that asked for it so I’m partly guilty.” Reggie sighed in frustration before raising the shirt of his uniform slightly. He was wearing a suit field with multiple cylindrical pockets, each having a cylindrical black colored weight inside of it. “Darren won’t let me rest.” Reggie pouted. “The suit opens from the back and I don’t even know where the key is and if I take weights out Darren will notice.” He whined before looking down at Chigon; who seemed more concerned with all the food stands that they were passing through.

“Man that guy’s tough.” Fin laughed before taking another bite from his corn dog. “Anyways I’m going to meet with the girls today, why don’t you and Darren come I mean the challenges start today so we’re going to decide where we should go first.”

“Darren says he doesn’t want to participate.” Reggie sighed once more. “He said he’ll only compete if we’re going to fight against the Enforcers and frankly I don’t think I’ll be too useful.” Reggie shook his head in disappointment. “I’m too tired and Darren even has me on a diet until he considers me ready to move up to combat training.”

“I still remember that day I went to see you two and he was having you do pull ups upside down.” Fin nodded his head, feeling a bit bad for what Reggie was going through. “But you know, I’m glad that at least you’re dedicated to it, most people would’ve given up already.”

Reggie didn’t respond. He was actually considering given up on it, he had been the one to ask for the training but it had already been one month and he hadn’t learnt anything that had to do with any type of combat. He just turned to Fin and chuckled. “Yeah you’re right.” He nodded his head. “Well, I should get going before Darren gets mad, I hope you guys win.”

“Don’t doubt us.” Fin smiledbefore giving Reggie a thumbs up and walking back towards the castle.

Reggie had made it to his and Darren’s training ground in only a few minutes, now having become adept to the quickest route to the area. “You’re late.” Was the first thing he heard Darren utter as soon as he had come in contact with him. “For that you’re gonna have to run to the eastern edge of the island and back after we’re done with the session.” He stated simply.

“I’m sorry.” Reggie deadpanned, noticing that Chigon had now walked over to talk to Darren’s Pikachu. The Pokemons eemed to get along pretty well, unlike their two trainers. Reggie still thought that he and Darren at least had a sort of friendship but the way he had been treated both in and out of training by him was something that made him doubtful.

“Sorry doesn’t cut it.” Darren frowned. “It’s been one month Reggie and frankly I don’t think you’ve got what it takes yet.” He frowned before walking over to Reggie. Before Reggie could reply he felt a jolt of pain shoot through his leg and lost his balance, his body falling down as his legs were swoop by Darren’s.

“Ow!” Reggie groaned before rolling over on the ground. “That hurt, do you know how much it hurts to fall when I’m wearing this weight suit, how did you even sweep me off I’m wearing weights on my feet too.”

“I told you those were light.” Darren stated bitterly. “See you’re weak, know go run now maybe that’ll get some of your attitude off.”

Reggie fumed before pushing himself from the ground. He knew better than to pick a fight with Darren, especially if he was already handicapped enough. “Chi?” Chigon raised his eyebrow at Reggie in curiosity.

“Come on go, you should be back in an hour.” Darren waved his hand around; a way to urge Reggie to leave.

Reggie sighed, not really wanting to get into a discussion with Darren; mostly because he knew that Darren would just beat him up in the end. However, as he walked he finally noticed something that had passed him before, he and Darren were of the same height, even though Reggie was only able to reach his shoulders a month before they were now standing eye to eye with each other.

He decided not to comment on it though and opted for jogging out of the training area.

After leaving the training grounds Reggie kept running his way through the forest, with Chigon flying next to him. Thankfully, Darren had made out a path that he could take so as to avoid any encounters with wild Pokemon that might endanger him.

He still couldn’t understand it though, what was the point of having him do all that weird training when the only thing he wanted was to learn how to fight. He panted as he slowly came to a halt, the adde weight that was pushing his body was starting to become unbearable. “This is crazy.” He groaned.

In the distance he could see the academy’s greenhouse, the place that the gardening club usually used as their club room. “Maybe Marie and Jack are there, I could rest there at the moment.” Reggie muttered before he began walking towards the green house; signalling for Chigon to follow.

The two made it inside of the greenhouse, the smell of the plants and the humidity of the room causing Reggie to feel as if he was entering a jungle of sorts. “They really have this place well kept.” Reggie and Chigon walked in deeper, trying to see if they could find anyone from the gardening club.

He began to hear a gentle humming noise though. Chigon stared at Reggie for a moment; waiting to see what his trainer would do. “Anyone there?” Reggie asked as he began to follow the sound of the music, shaking some of the plants off while doing so.

He finally reached the source of the humming and saw the girl that was humming softly while smelling the rose’s gathered in front of her. She had brown colore dhair that fell down to her neck and was wearing a white long sleeved uniform, the uniform in turn had a blue neck and the end of the sleeves were blue.

Once he realized the color scheme he was immediately able to notice, the girl was from the Enforcers. He had heard that the original Enforcers were composed of five people gathered by the principal; however, he still hadn’t seen the fifth member.

He eventually forgot about all that though, his curiosity going to the wheel chair that she was sitting on instead as well as the Dusknoir that was floating besides her. “We should go.” He muttered softly to Chigon. If the rest of his meetings with the Enforcers meant anything then he definetily didn’t want to get mixed up with the girl.

“You don’t have to leave you know.” His thoughts were interrupted by the gentle voice of the girl, her wheel chair slowly turning around so that she could face Reggie. “I’m sorry.” She smiled politely. “I got so caught up in looking at the flowers that I didn’t realize you were there.”

“It’s oay.” Reggie nodded his head, preferring to get away from her as soon as possible; though he did feel bad considering her condition. “I was just leaving I mean, I was looking for some friends of mine but they’re not here.”

“No.” She shook her head. “Everyone’s focused on the tournament that’s just starting,” she sighed and turned back to the flowers. “I prefer to be alone though, it gives me time to think, besides I don’t like the looks people give me.”

“Looks?” Reggie raised an eeyrbow.

“Flowers are so fragile you know.” She interrupted him. “They need to be treated with care and appreciation, however some flowers can be threatening.” She explained before gently grabbing a hold of one of the roses. “The rose for example is a beautiful flower and in turn has a beautiful meaning to it, however, people get scared of its thorns. Humans are just the same though, if a human is fragile people will treat him or her carefully but if a fragile human tries to prove that he can do things on hiw own then people will just get scared of him.” Her face felled slightly.

She winced as she felt one of the thorn puncture her thumb, only to let out an audible whine as she let go of the flower. This in turn caused Reggie to immediately walk to her side. “Are you okay?” Reggie asked before kneeling down so he and the girl were facing each other.

“It’s okay, it’s just a small cut.” She argued, only for her to see the blood that was coming out of her thumb, her body shuddered slightly at the sight and her face grimaced as well.

“You put a lot of pressure on the thorn.” Reggie pointed out, his face looking alarmed even though it was only a little bit of blood. He grabbed a hold of his t-shirt and raised it up so as to put it over the blood.

“You don’t have to do this.” The girl friend before moving her hand away. “I mean...I just don’t like being touched.”

Reggie didn’t respond, instead staring at the red spot that had been left on his shirt. “I understand, you don’t like to have pity cause of the wheelchair,” Reggie said before pceeding to stand up. “That’s why you said you preferred to be alone.”

“People hate me.” The girl state bluntly, her face turning away from Reggie. “When they see that a girl like me can get such great grades and achieve so many things they get jealous and hate me for it.” She looked down at the floor, her face saddening once more. “People like fragile things to stay fragile.”

Reggie didn’t reply, mostly because he kind of agreed as well. He had been jealous of his brother and others for so long because they could do what he couldn’t do. As he looked at the girl it finally dawned on him though, if Alex knew how jealous Reggie was of him would he also feel like that, in fact, had he been treated like that by others as well.

“But thanks for trying to help me anyways.” The girl stated before smiling. “My name is Zephyr Rhodes, it’s nice to meet you.” She bowed her head politely.

“Zephyr Rhodes?” Reggie raised an eyebrow before smiling and nodding, the named seemed somehow familiar to him but he decided to put that aside. “I’m Reggie Damon and this is Chigon.”

“Oh I know who y are.” Zephyr interrupted. “Reggie Damon age 17 af of December this year, from Celadon City, second year student, blood type A+.” She listed; almost as if it had been memorized. “And Chigon an extinct species of Pokemon that existed hundreds of years ago in this archipelago, first go to this academy last year in a meteorite.”

“You know all that?” Reggie raised an eyebrow.

“I’m a first class hacker.” Zephyr nodded her head sagely. “I always hack into the school files to read the student’s files...I guess it’s my way of getting to know others.”

Reggie didn’t know whether to feel insulted or indifferent about what she had said, he could understand though, he could understand what it was like to want to know other people. “That seems kind of cool.” He grinned.

Zephyr gasped, apparentlys hocked by Reggie’s respond. “You don’t find that disturbing?”

“A little,” Reggie said honestly. “But you seem like a nice person so I can’t just judge you cause of that.”

Zephyr just smiled and nodded her head. “Thanks.” She pointed out before moving a little away from Reggie. “So what are you doing here? And how come you’re wearing that weight jacket?”

“Well I’m actually training under Darren at the moment.” Reggie replied and nodded his head. “He’s supposed to teach me about combat.”

“Darren Schifer, Houndoom Black...”

“I get it.” Reggie interrupted him, not wanting to wait for her to list Darren’s information. “Anyways I was supposed to learn combat from him but he hasn’t thought me anything even though I’ve been doing this for a month.” He sighed with frustration as he remembered all of the things that Darren had him go through during that one month. “It just feels like he’s doing this to torture me.”

“Well combat training isn’t something simple.” Reggie looked at her once more, realizing that she was repeating what Darren had said. “If he’s doing all this then it must be for a reason, I mean there’s no point in learning combat if you don’t have strenght or stamina or agility.”

“The weight jacket is probably exxagerating but I think he just wants to prepare you, tell me a month ago do you really think you would’ve been able to wear that?” she asked, her eyebrow rising and staring at Reggie.

Reggie hadn’t thought of that. Now that he thought about it she was right, he couldn’t have even dreamed of wearing something like the jacket before his training began, he had even forgotten about the thing until Zephyr had mentioned it.

“Yeah, you’re right.” Reggie nodded his head.

“Exactly.” Zephyr smiled, her sadness having vanished completely. “So don’t give up, in fact you should try harder you’re a perfectly healthy person after all.”

Reggie looked at Zephyr once more, he didn’t respond and instead nodded his head greatfully. “Thanks for the help.”

“Don’t mention it.” She laughed.

A few minutes back in time shortlya fter Fin and Reggie had parted the new media club gathered together. Allison, Valerie, Miko, Fin and Stacy all made their way through the hallways of the castle towards the first club that they would be challenging.

“So why did we pick this club again?” Allison asked, her expression showing clear boredom.

“Because it’s Freed’s club.” Stacy smiled before nodding her head sagely. She noticed the expressions that the students gave her and continued to speak. “The literary club just seems like an easy win, we should start with something that’s more simple first.”

“Well that’s true.” Valerie nodded her head. “I wonder what kind of challenge they will give us though.” She pointed out before taking pictures of the decorations.

“Fin, didn’t you try joining that club?” Miko asked, her head turning to look at a now nervous Fin. “What happened?”

“I changed my mind okay.” Fin chuckled nervously; it was obvious that he was trying to hide something from the others. He then sighed in frustration before raising his head once more. “It’s just, the head of the literary club and I...had a sort of thing over the summer and stuff.” He whistled silently.

“Why do I feel like this is gonna screw us over somehow?” Allison sighed.

The literary club’s clubroom was located inside of the castle’s library. The library stretched out to form a large space filled with tall book cases, lounge chairs, tables and resting areas for students. Allison marbled when she walked inside, her eyes shining with the discovery of something new. “You’ve never been here huh?” Stacy stated.

“Welcome Medial Club.” Fin and Miko raised their heads towards one of the book cases. A tall teenager girl was standing on the steps so as to reach higher books, her long black colored hair falling down to her waist. She had a perfect hourglass figure, though Fin seemed to be looking away as well as violet colored eyes and a pair of glasses. “It’s nice to see that you could make it.” She smiled while holding a book on her left hand.

“Are you the head of this club?”Miko asked.

“Yep.” The girl nodded her head and smiled. “My name is Liza it is nice to meet you...except you.” Her face grimaced as she looked at Fin.

“What did you do?” Valerie narrowed her eyes at the teenager.

“I didn’t do nothing, god give me the benefit of the doubt for once!” Fin exclaimed loudly.

“Anyways.” Stacy interrupted; not wanting for there to be anymore trouble between the two groups. She did notice that Liz held a firm dislike for Fin, and while she could understand the part about being angry at an ex boyfriend ahse also knew that they were there for one thing only. “As you know we came here for a challenge, sadly not all of our members are here yet.”

“It’s okay.” Liza nodded her head. “Not all of our members are here either, actually I’m the only one here and Freed is going to be here in a few.” She explained while nodding her head. ‘Of course that’s fine, our challenge shouldn’t be so hard.”

“Really?” Valerie raised an eyebrow in curiosity.

“Of course.” Liza beamed. “I mean it’s not like an actual hard challenge could come out of this right,” she said nonchanantly before turning around and spreading her arms. “The worl can be cold and yet people still live still persevere, because that is the heart of man...”

“What?” they all asked in unison.

“That quote comes from one of our books.” She grinned before turning to look at them once more. “Your challenge is to find the book where that quote is mentioned.”

“Wait what!?” Miko gasped in disbelief. If their challenge involved them reading the books until they were able to find the quote then it was almost impossible. She gritted his teeth inf rustration, looking at all of the book cases standing in front of her. She turned turned around and stared at a still whistling Fin.

“Fuck you Fin, fuck you.” Liza snickered.

“Last time I checked you usually put a me instead of you.” Fin stated dryly.

To Be Continued...
    Next Time: Claudia and Allison, Hidden Talents

J'ai Envie De Toi AetherX's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stellar Gale View Post
    “Fuck you Fin, fuck you.” Liza snickered.

“Last time I checked you usually put a me instead of you.” Fin stated dryly.
    I am actually crying from laughter right now. I love Fin so much.

Good chapter, great setup. A few typos here and there, like this one:

She gritted his teeth inf rustration
    As well as the obvious typo, there's something else wrong with that quote. Read, reread, and re-reread.

Something else I thought I should mention: you say "colored" a lot where it isn't really necessary. Rather than saying "brown colored" or "black colored" just say "brown" or "black." It flows better that way. Anyways, enjoyable chapter.

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Gotta admit, the last 2 lines made me laugh. That's just typical Fin in a nutshell :)

Looks like Reggie finally realizes the purpose of his training (on a side note,did he really grow that much in a month?). Zephyr seems like a interesting character, though didn't expect a member of the Enforcers being confined to a wheelchair. By the way, did you forget her Dusknoir while writing? Didn't see any interactions from it while she talked with Reggie.

Can't really add more to what AetherX already said, there's some typos here and there, like words missing a letter while the one next to it has the said letter. Other than that, an enjoyable read.
    Revolutionaryverse

Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

Blog Entries

Fin....oh you :)

Anyways, was an interesting chapter despite the rain of typos. Very interesting Enforcer we have here, so kind and nice.....I'm afraid of what she can do on the field of battle though....I also like how Reggie is starting to understand why he's training his body before learning the moves for combat....just like a pokémon :D

Keep up the good work, and Allison, make us proud!

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

A damn it.

Sorry for no new chapters guys *bows* I lost the file holding chapter 19, well not so much, more like the laptop I was writing it in died and I'm too lazy to rewrite it, however I'll hopefully have a way to get the file back in a few days if all things go right.

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

@Tsutarja; @AetherX; @Tophat Dragoneye; @System Error; @Thabet; @Chaosj2; @Gotpika; @Thundagere;

I know it's been a really really really long time. As I expressed in the last post that I made I went through a sort of a bad break up kind of thing, and then after that I had to worry about school, like a lot so I didn't have much time to write. Again I'm sorry and I don't even know if you guys still want to read but if you do then please post a review, so all I have to say is that the king is back baby!

Chapter 29: Claudia’s and Allison’s Abilities

It had now been an hour since the group started their rummaging through the academy’s library. Needles to say they had all but given up, Allison was sitting down in a couch, a bored expression on her face as she passed threw the pages before throwing a book to the floor; which in turn made Liza gasp before being stopped by Freed.

“Fin you suck.” Miko frowned, her eyes looking over the book she was reading so that she could focus her attention on Fin. Fin, like the others was searching for the quote, he was standing on a wooden stair case and was searching through the bookshelf, like Allison he was also throwing books to the floor.

“Hey, it’s not my fault she holds a grudge.” Fin pointed out with a bored expression before throwing another book out.

“It’s your fault she has the grudge in the first place idiot.” Valerie frowned before closing a book and gently putting it on the pile that was standing next to her.

“Come on Liza, you hate me but do you seriously have to punish us with this!” Fin exclaimed desperately as he turned to the girl. Liza scoffed and adjusted he glasses before she glared at him, causing Fin to move back a little.

“This is all your fault to begin with, leaving me for no reason and then not calling me at all!” she exclaimed, her glare intensifying.

“In my defense, you were boring.” Fin deadpanned; this in turn made everyone in the room gasp. “You only wanted to read books all day sheesh.”

Liza’s face turned red with anger now, her fists clenching in frustration before she stomped on the floor. “Maybe you should’ve taken some interest in what I was reading, maybe you shouldn’t think that people will just do what you think is fun!” she screamed, her calmness beginning to fade slowly.

“No I’d rather keep doing things my way.” Fin stated with a bored expression on his face. Miko sighed as she put another book on top of the stack that she already had around her. They needed to think of a way to find the quote or else their only choice was to give up the challenge. Lisa seemed to be enjoying herself though, as a grin was plastered across her face as she saw the group desperately trying to find the quote.

“This is boring.” Allison whined before throwing another book away, she leaning against the couch. “I’m tired of looking.”

“We can’t give up though.” Valerie shook her head before sighing in frustration. “If we want to face off against the Enforcers then we’ll have to win.”

Then the tension was cut by the sound of a door opening. Everyone turned their heads around to look at the person that had just come in. Claudia was standing by the doorway, shyly looking into the room before waving at the others. “I’m sorry I’m late, I had to finish doing some things.” She noted nervously while adjusting her glasses.

The group smiled at each other, each of them thinking the same thing as they saw Claudia. Fin immediately got down from the wooden steps and walked towards Claudia. “It’s so good that you came here.” He beamed, causing Claudia to raise an eyebrow.

“We’re kind of stuck because of the challenge that she gave us.” Valerie interrupted before she pointed over at Lisa; who was now staring at Claudia, almost as if she was wondering whether she should let her participate. “We have to find a quote in a book and since you’re the expert in books maybe you’ll know.” She nodded her head with anticipation.

Miko turned to Lisa for a moment, a determined expression on her face. “So, can she participate as well.”

“Well…” Lisa stopped for a moment, she eying Claudia once more before grinning. “She’s a part of the Media Club so I guess she can participate, I don’t think that’ll help much though.” She pointed out before putting her hands on her hips. “It’ll be just futile.”

“We’ll see.” Claudia adjusted her glasses once more before she turned to Fin. “So what’s the quote.”

“Um…” Fine shifted his gaze to Valerie and chuckled nervously. “What was the quote again?”

“You were looking for it and you don’t remember it!” Valerie exclaimed in disbelief before sighing and turning to Claudia. “The world can be cold and yet people still live, still persevere, because that is the heart of man…”

Claudia looked at Valerie for a moment before blinking twice. She nodded her head solemnly and raised her hand. “That quote was said by the character Alkion in the action and sci fi book Lost Life, the book was written by Matthew Prayer in the year 2016 and it’s known as one of the greatest book of that decade.’ She then lowered her hand and pointed at Lisa. “And the book is the one she’s holding in her arms right now.”

The rest of the media club as well as the two teachers turned to look at a now embarrassed Lisa. “You cheating bit…” Fin spoke but before he could finish Valerie had slapped the back of his head and made him bite his tongue slightly. “Ow!” he whined.

“Why did you do it Lisa?” Miko asked while looking at the girl.

“I just wanted to get back at Fin.” Lisa looked down at the floor in embarrassment and shame before holding the book out. “It’s just…I’m tired of people always thinking that books don’t matter, that what I do isn’t important so I wanted you guys to realize that books do have some sort of importance.” She walked over to Claudia slowly and handed her the book. “I’m glad there’s someone in this academy that likes books as much as me though, I remember I always see you around here checking out books…but I was shy of talking to you.”

“She was shy to talk to Claudia…that’s the first I’ve heard of it.” Fin muttered, causing Valerie to glare at him with disdain.

Claudia grabbed the book gently before smiling at Lisa. “I know how you feel honestly.” She nodded her head before handing the book back to the girl. “I know how it feels when no one appreciates what you do, but don’t beat yourself over it.” She giggled slightly and stepped back. “And if it helps, I can always come over and talk to you about books or anything.”

Lisa nodded her head in agreement. “I would like that.”

Freed smiled warmly at the sight of the two girls talking, almost like a father that was proud of his daughter. “You seem cheerful.” Stacy interrupted; causing Freed to look down at her.

“It’s just, I’ve gotten to know Lisa pretty well since I started managing the library club.” Freed pointed out while keeping his arms crossed. “Lisa’s the only member that took the club seriously, she was always taking care of things and making sure that everything was okay with this place so it’s nice to know that she found someone that she can connect with.”

Stacy turned back to the two girls; she still looking a bit confused before putting her hands on her hips. “Well, I don’t really understand it but I do know that it’s nice to find someone that shares your interests.” She smiled. “Also, what’s my price for winning.” She grinned slyly.

Freed chuckled a bit as he smiled at her. “Well technically it was the kids that won wasn’t it.” He pointed out with a grin.

“True.” Stacy nodded her head in agreement. She then walked over to the rest of the group. “Congratulations guys, you did well!” she cheered, causing the others to nod and smiled.

“It was all thanks to Claudia though.” Valerie smirked before putting an arm around Claudia, causing her to blush. Allison just stared at the group for a moment, she opting to not say anything as she looked at the stacks of books. Once more she was unable to do anything to help them.

“Anyways guys let’s go!” Miko exclaimed, causing them to pay attention to her. “The day is still young so we should be able to take another challenge before it ends.”

The group had gotten out of the library and proceeded to make their way towards their next destination. They had now entered the academy’s main kitchen, also known as the cooking club’s clubroom. As soon as they went in they were hypnotized by the wonderful scents of all the food that was being made, something that caused both Fin and Allison to have to hold themselves back.

Miko noticed that the club itself seemed to be in a rush but it really felt like a restaurant’s kitchen rather than just a club room, order were being shouted all around, people were running around with plates and ingridients and rushing to cook what they were supposed to. “Um…excuse me, can I talk with the leader of this club?” Miko asked while raising her hand.

At that moment a girl turned to look at her, she was wearing a white colored shirt with a long white apron around her body. She had red colored hair that was tied in a ponytail and was wearing a chef’s hat. “You guys must be from the Media Club.” The girl spoke before bowing simply. “I am Olive and I am the co leader of the Cooking Club.”

“It’s nice to meet you.” Miko smiled at her and held her hand out. “We came here to challenge your group.”

“Yes I understand.” Olive nodded her head; though she ignored the handshake. “We’ve already dealt with about three groups but we were left in charge of today’s lunch by the principal so we’re in a rush.” She spoke calmly and orderly as she avoided all the people that were running past them. “As thus I can’t really spend too much time with you guys.”

“Well you could give us the wind and we’ll be out of your way.” Fin snickered, though this just caused him to get a glare from Olive.

“Just give us whatever challenge you think we can do and we’ll do it.” Valerie corrected.

The girl stopped walking and she was now standing in front of a large table. In front of the table were a pair of ovens as well as other kitchen utensils and ingredients. “So are these guys the next challengers.” The group turned around to look at the source of the voice.

Behind them stood a teenager wearing a chef outfit and black jeans. He; much like Olive, was wearing an apron. He had green colored hair and was also wearing a long chef’s hat. “It’s nice to meet you. I’m Basil and I’m the other leader of the Cooking Club.” The teenager smirked with confidence before turning to Olive. “So what’s my task this time.” He grinned.

Olive looked at the table for a moment before grabbing some more aprons and handing them to the group. “The challenge will be simple, you guys will work together and cook something good enough for me to approve it, you’ll be competing with Basil.” she nodded her head and smiled.

“Hey wait a moment that’s unfair.” Valerie interrupted by raising her hand. She then looked at Basil once more before switching back to Olive. “How are we supposed to compete against one of the leaders, especially since the other leader is the one that’ll do the judging?”

“Well all right.” Olive said nonchalantly. “Then you pick a member from your team to do the tasting along with me, that way it should be a bit fairer.”

No one from the Media Club said anything after hearing this. Valerie stepped forward and went to join Olive but she still seemed to be insecure about the challenge itself. She knew that Miko was experienced in cooking due to living with many siblings, but she wasn’t sure about Claudia’s or Fin’s skill and was sure that Allison had now knowledge.”

“All right, You guys can cook whatever you feel like, once you and Basil are done we’ll sample it and decide who wins.” Olive explained slowly. “Because I know you’re amateurs I will give you two chances, if after using those two chances you’re still unable to win then you will lose this match.”

“We’ll just have to win the first time then.” Fin grinned confidently as he and the girls proceeded to put on the aprons. “So Miko, what are we cooking.”

Miko looked at her group carefully; she knew that they couldn’t go for something too advanced or else the chances of them getting it wrong would increase. She looked out of the corner of the eye, noticing that Basil had already started cooking his own dish. “Well, we should go with something that has a lot of taste and it’s simple to make but not too simple.” She scratched her chin carefully. “All right, Fin pass me some eggs, Claudia grab some of the frying pans and oils and some butter.”

“What about me?” Allison asked while raising her hand.

“Um…wash the eggs,” Miko said, though it was obvious that she was insecure about Allison. She walked over to her and patted her shoulder. “For now just settle on that and let us work okay?”

Allison looked down at the floor with resentment as she walked over to Fin so that he could give her the eggs. It was now obvious that the group saw her as the weakest link, and after seeing Claudia saving them earlier on in the library she felt even more insecure about her abilities.

The Media Club and Basil proceeded to each cook their dish, while Miko and the others had gone for a simple omelet Basil himself had decided to prepare a grilled sirloin steak along with some mashed potatoes. Needless to say the group had trouble even though they had a simple ordeal but they were able to prepare the omelet within the time limit.

Both Olive and Valerie stood in front of the dishes and tasted them carefully. Valerie turned to Olive and frowned. She wanted to support her teammate but it was obvious that Basil had won the first time, the skill he had displayed in making the steak as well as the taste was overwhelming when compared to the lower class omelet; and this was something that even the other members of the Media Club could see for themselves.

“Well.” Olive started as she pocketed her hands and looked at the others. “We have decided that Basil has won the first round, though you still have the second round I suggest that you at least try harder,” she said while displaying a sly grin.

Miko and the others didn’t say anything, instead they decided to start talking about what they should cook for their second plate. Allison looked at the table with a bored expression, wondering if the group even remembered that she was there. She frowned and stood up from her seat; managing to get the attention of the others.

“Miko pass me that chicken, Claudia you pass me some potatoes and some knives!” Allison exclaimed, getting the group to jump as they stared at her determined face. “Fin clean the pan and get me some more oil, also please start cutting some tomatoes for me.”

“What are you doing Allison we can’t just…” Miko started speaking but she was soundly interrupted.

“I know how to cook damn it!” she yelled suddenly, making Miko yelp back. “My parents work most of the day so I always have to cook for me and my little brother, I know that I like battles a lot but that doesn’t mean I don’t have any other interests.” She turned back to the cooking ingredients and proceeded to grab the chicken. “Cooking is a battle as well, you need to use your ingredients carefully and they have to match, what you use and how you use it could determined the taste of it it’s not something as simple as just picking ingredients and dishes out at random. You have to know what you’re doing.”

Olive and Basil smiled warmly when they heard her words, the two of them were obviously pleased by what she had said.

“Now pass me some bread and a shredder.” Allison ordered.

The two groups proceeded to start the second round of their challenge, this time with the Media Club under Allison’s guidance. Thanks to her the group was able to work more efficiently, though they were still shocked at how good Allison was as both a cook and a leading figure.

Once the two groups were done Valerie and Olive were called once more, this time with a plate of lasagna and a plat with fried chicken and fries in front of them, along with a small plate with some homemade tomato sauce on it. The two of them looked at each other once more before they each took a bite of their plate.

Both of them smiled at each other. While Basil’s dish still showed a lot more skill in preparation the way that the chicken as well as the fries had been cooked had given it a crispy yet soft taste, plus the way that both dishes matched with the sauce med everything more enjoyable. Olive sighed. “Well, it’s not as good as Basil but for someone without much experience to make something as good as this I’ll have to hand it to you.”

“Media Club, you win this challenge.” Olive announced happily.

The members of the Media Club all looked at each other and smiled before filling the room with cheers and screams. Allison didn’t say anything; instead she walked over to Basil and Olive and proceeded to shake their hands. “I will definitely beat you next time Basil.” Allison grinned with determination. “I will become the best battler and cook.”

“I’ll be waiting for ya then.” Basil winked at her as he shook her hand. “Maybe we can cook for fun sometime.”

Allison smiled and moved her hand back. “I’d like that.”

To be continued…

End of chapter 29
    Next Time: Miko’s Love

Blog Entries

Nice chapter giving more attention to some of the side character which were ignored and giving them a chance to shine. It also gave them a little more depth than they had before.

There were plenty of grammar issues though, and spelling mistakes. Try running it through a spell check, or reading it over, and you'll be able to fix most, if not all, of them. The other thing which kind of irks me is that the challenges felt sorta..... anticlimactic. Another idea I got while reading was that maybe you could have had someone using random ingredients when cooking the omelet, putting more weight to Allison's words XP

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

@Tsutarja; @AetherX; @Tophat Dragoneye; @System Error; @Thabet; @Chaosj2; @Gotpika; @Thundagere;

So here's chapter 30 I'll try to see if I can write the chatpers more quickly from no.

Now some definitions before the chapter starts.

InstaLink: A special mark that grants the bearer the ability to link with their Pokemon, through this the trainer is able to exchange their own energy to increase the Pokemon's capabilities; though it can also be vice versa.

Incendio: Kevin Blaze's pseudonym, he used to go by this name in the first fic back when he was one of the villains.

Now pay attention when you read and remember that there are two characters named Kevin due to my own mistake xD so pay attention to the last names.

Chapter 30: Miko’s Love

The group walked out of the kitchen shortly after winning their challenge. Smiles were plastered on their faces, especially Allison’s as she walked in front of the group. “I’m sorry for having treated you like that Allison.” Miko spoke with a soft tone to her voice.

“It’s okay,” Allison said cheerfully as she turned to look at her senior. “I understand, I know that I don’t usually show a lot of skills.” She nodded her head simply and kept walking.

“I bet you’re happy cause you hit it off with Basil right, poor Darren’s gonna get jealous.” Valerie teased, her words causing Allison to blush a deep red; though luckily no one was able to see it due to the fact that she was turned.

“Sh…shut up!” Allison exclaimed with embarassement.

The group’s conversation was interrupted by the sound of a pair of doors opening. The doors led into the Battling Club’s room.

However, the thing that alerted the Media Club the most wasn’t the doors opening; but rather the people that walked out. Standing in front of the group were the Enforcers, minus Zephyr. They all turned to look at the Media Club. “I see you guys have been doing some of your own challenges.” Stated Keith while pocketing his hands.

“And I see you guys have no shame.” Fin grinned before looking over at Tyson. “You just eliminated the club that used to be under your care like that huh?”

“I’m with the Enforcers now so it doesn’t matter.” Tyson shrugged simply as he grinned. “Besides, I wasn’t the one that took them down, that would be unfair you know,” he said while wagging his finger. He then proceeded to step aside, allowing a sixth member to take the place where he had been standing. “We let our new member take care of it.”

The Media Club gasped in disbelief as they stared at the new Enforcers member that was no before them. It was Kevin Samuel. The blonde teenager grinned, his green eyes gleaming with delight. “Long time no see guys, and Miko.”

Miko hadn’t spoken to Kevin since the time at Celadon, and she knew that he wasn’t happy about her leaving her for Reggie. “Same to you,” she said simply, though she seemed to be watchful now.

“Why so scared? Oh, are you worried cause of what happened.” Kevin chuckled gleefully before passing his left hand through his hair. “That’s okay; I don’t hold it against you, I mean it was your choice.” He nodded his head before smirking. “Though, that doesn’t mean I won’t enjoy beating your club down.”

“So you joined for such a reason.” Valerie hissed with disdain.

“Guys, can you please let me speak with her for a moment.” Kevin waved his hand around so as to signal for the other Enforcers to leave. Miko then turned to her own club, she doing the same thing for them; though they seemed hesitant to leave her alone.

Once both groups had left Kevin began to walk towards Miko. “So, how’s Reggie doing?”

“He’s doing well, we’ve been having fun.” Miko nodded her head, she staying vigilant about what Kevin did.

“Oh really?” Kevin raised an eyebrow. “I wonder how much fun you can have when your boyfriend spends most of his time doing some stupid training.” He grinned slyly something that caused Miko to look at the wall.

“Reggie’s dedicated and besides.” She then turned back to glare at him. “He wouldn’t use me like you did and I like him a lot.”

“Yes.” Kevin shrugged. “I know that you like him, and he definitely likes you.” He then put his left hand to the wall and leaned against it, causing Miko to step back a bit. “Miko. I know girls like you like I know the palm of my hand, just liking a guy isn’t enough for you.” He shook his head slowly and leaned closer to her. “The reason why you first came to me was because you wanted the attention. Having been born to a family with four older siblings, it’s obvious that you didn’t have that much attention put on you, so getting a chance to finally obtain the attention of people is something that you wouldn’t turn down.” He chuckled slowly and playfully.

“You’re wrong.” Miko looked away as she put her hands to the wall.

“Am I?” Kevin raised an eyebrow before grinning. “Are you telling me that you didn’t feel even a bit delighted when people saw you as the girl dating Kevin Samuels? Are you saying that you didn’t feel happy to have that attention put on you?”

“That doesn’t matter now.” Miko looked at Kevin with disdain now, she glaring deeply into his eyes as she clenched her fists. “I’m with Reggie, I rather be with someone that has deep feelings for me and that I like back than someone that just showers me with attention but has no intention to be committed.”

“Then…” Kevin leaned closer to Miko; so much that he was now whispering to her ear. “How come you just say you like him?”

This realization caused Miko’s eyes to open widely. Kevin was right, during the whole conversation she had only said that she liked Reggie, and she did but, for someone that she trusted and cared for so much, was it enough?

“Truth is that you yourself don’t know, maybe it’s because Reggie has saved you so many times and you know him so well, maybe it’s the fact that he too is one of the most famous students in this academy.” Kevin shrugged without a care in the world as he grinned at Miko. “But can you say that you feel the same way he feels about you? For real? Can you say that you didn’t just get carried away before because of your own feelings?”

Miko didn’t say anything, instead her lips just quivered as she looked at Kevin. “You should stop it Kevin.” Kevin and Miko both raised their heads and turned around to see Reggie standing only meters away from him. The boy walked towards the duo.

“Reggie, it’s been a long time.” Kevin snickered as he moved away from Miko. “I thought you were too busy these days.” He stated while staring at the boy.

“Not too busy to see you trying to make passes at my girlfriend.” Reggie frowned as he glared at Kevin.

“Now can you really blame me?” Kevin pointed out slyly before passing his right hand through his hair and brushing it back. “Maybe it’s your fault for not keeping track of her, I mean a boyfriend leaving his girlfriend alone so he can do some stupid training or whatever.” Kevin shrugged and scoffed. “What are you some cliché action hero or something, get a grip.”

Reggie didn’t say anything, instead staring at the floor for a moment before he looked at a now scared Miko. “Better than being a washed up actor.” He glared at Kevin; who had stepped back and clenched his fist after hearing Reggie’s comment. “Miko left you, end of story, so stop trying to steal other’s girlfriends.”

Kevin snickered and reached out before swiftly grabbing Reggie by the neck and pushing him against the wall; the subsequent action in turn caused Miko to jump back in shock as she saw him pinning her boyfriend against the wall. “You sure have a lot of heart to talk don’t you.” Kevin hissed. Reggie didn’t say anything, instead gritting his teeth. He was honestly scared now, especially since he had never seen Kevin lose his usual aloof demeanor before.

His breath was ragged, if quick and his eyes looked like they would pop at any given moment. However, Kevin eventually began to calm down as well as loosen his grip. “I guess you’re confident in yourself aren’t you. Getting a cute girlfriend, getting stronger or whatever.” He stated simply as he let go of Reggie and stepped back. “But that is but a mirage Reggie.”

“Getting your girlfriend stolen is something that could happen in the blink of an eye, it’s easier to lose something than to get it after all.” Kevin nodded his head and smirked. “And strength, well who cares about that, all that matters is power after all, what you can do with people is what matters not what you can do with your body.” He then pointed at himself with his thumb. “People like me are the ones that triumph. Why you might ask, because we don’t stare at the roof all day because we do things and think realistically, if I get a girlfriend then I am always going to be prepared to lose her or let her go, if I’m dealing with someone that’s stronger than me then I’ll just think of a way to make them fall.” He shrugged and patted the boy’s shoulder while leaning closer against him. “There’s always a way to strip a lion of its fangs after all, or in this case, a cub.”

“Okay you two have to stop this already.” Miko finally intervened, she putting her arms in between Kevin and Reggie so that she could separate them. “Kevin, could you just leave us alone, I already made my choice after all.” Miko frowned while looking at him.

“Sure you made your choice.” Kevin nodded his head and stepped back; though he didn’t seem to be all that upset or perturbed about the situation. “But I’m sure Reggie here still wants to tell me something.” He and Reggie stared at each other, their eyes never turning away as if they waited for the other to give up. “If you want to settle something then do it, once you face off against the Enforcers we’ll have that chance.”

“Reggie don’t let him provoke you.” Miko pointed out as she turned to Reggie; she gently putting her hand on his arm. “Just let it go.”

“I can’t.” Reggie glared at Kevin and clenched his fist, he noticing that Chigon was glaring at him as well. “I’ll take up your challenge then Kevin.”

“That faux confident again I see.” Kevin snickered and began walking once more. “Fine them, have it your way.”

“It’s been such a long day.” Kevin Blaze whined as he walked alongside Freed towards the principal’s office. Night had now fallen over the academy and as thus the lamps in the hallway were the only source of light left in the principal’s floor. “I wanted to eat something but the principal called all of a sudden.” He yawned.

“It seems that principal Jewel wants to show us his findings during the winter break.” Freed stated while walking; unlike Kevin he was actually anxious as to what the principal might’ve found during his travels. “It might give us a clue on how to deal with Memento Mori.”

“Shouldn’t an ex member of Memento Mori know more about that than him though?” Kevin raised an eyebrow while looking at Freed; who had become more adamant after hearing those words. “What happened anyway?”

Freed didn’t respond. There weren’t many people who knew about his reasons for leaving Memento Mori and aside from the principal he had already lost contact with all the others. However, he could tell that Kevin wasn’t one to just drop the subject. “You know you can’t hide it for long.” Kevin snickered. “If it comes to hiding pasts then my old boss was better at it and I eventually got him to talk so it’ll only be a matter of time.” He grinned slyly and stared at Freed from the corner of his eye.

Freed turned aside and stopped walking; now standing in front of the wooden doors that led to the principal’s office. “We shouldn’t focus on that subject for now.” He pointed out coldly and pushed the doors open, allowing him and Kevin a path inside of the room.

The two of them were greeted by Brendan who was, as usual sitting behind the principal’s desk staring at them. However, next to him stood a woman with long auburn colored hair, she was wearing a sapphire colored long sleeve jacket along with a white top underneath and a pair of black shorts that hugged her skin. “Who’s the babe?” Kevin whistled silently.

“That’s my wife Kevin.” Brendan coughed, causing the man to jump back a bit as he stood up. “Guys, I want you to meet May Birch, May, these are Freed and Kevin Blaze.” Kevin and Freed both bowed their heads respectfully.

“It’s nice to meet you both; Brendan has told me a lot about you.” May smiled warmly before looking at her husband.

“Cutting to the chase.” Brendan pocketed his hands and turned to the two teachers once more, his face turning more serious this time. “As you both know May and I came here to report our findings after investigating inside Tohjo Falls.” He clicked his fingers, causing a holographic image to materialize in front of the two teachers.

The image showed a large rock wall, the wall seemed worn out and some parts of it were already missing due to its age. There were multiple markings and drawings on the wall, though some of them seemed to have become blurry or had come off. Some of the images showed people and Pokemon alike, all engaged into battle with each other. However, there was something about the wall that jumped out to both Freed and Kevin.

Above the group of people, colored in jet black was the image of a large cloud shaped creature, the creature looked down upon the people in battle and parts of it extended down to the ground and attached themselves to the people’s bodies, taking the shape of marks. “Last year there was a large mystery linked to the Dragonic Archipelago, the being known as Shroud was a large part of this mystery…however…” Brendan spoke slowly and began to walk out from behind his desk.

“Where had Shroud gotten his power from, and how did that link up with the dragon that he had summoned, not just that but there’s also the secret behind the InstaLink.” Brendan nodded his head and leaned against the table. “This and a lot of other stuff are all linked with Memento Mori and this drawing, and sadly it is not farfetched to think that Memento Mori is much older than we believe it actually is.”

Freed and Kevin stayed quiet, though they were both overflowing with questions about what the principal had said. “We didn’t found a lot in the caves.” May shook her head. “But we believe that there is someone in this academy that knows something that could help us.”

“Darren Schifer.” Brendan stated simply. “A student known to have an InstaLink of his own, I believe that he may know more about Memento Mori than he lets on.”

“And you want us to talk to him and see what he knows huh?’ Kevin smirked and put his hands against his waist. “I guess that’s fair enough.” He nodded his head. He grinned confidently. “I’ll take care of the kid; I haven’t had a chance to stretch myself in a while.”

“If you can do it through means that aren’t violent I would greatly appreciate it.” Brendan deadpanned.

Reggie and Miko had gone to Reggie’s dorm room after the meeting with Kevin and were now getting ready to eat Dinner. Miko was playing with Reggie’s Pokemon in the living room while Reggie stayed in the kitchen cooking.

Azumarill and Chigon ran around the room, the two of them enjoying the time that they got to spend with Miko, on the other hand Donphan and Pidgeot both sat on the touch along with Fraxure, the three of them preferring to just watch TV. “I see these guys are as eager as ever.” Miko laughed. “Why don’t you take Monferno out though?”

“Well last time I did he kind of set the couch on fire.” Reggie chuckled nervously and rubbed the back of his head. “So he’s not going to be coming close to the furniture for a little while.” He explained.

He stared at Miko, the words that Kevin had said still fresh in his mind. What if Kevin was right, that it was easier to lose Miko than it had been to get her; he couldn’t stop himself from thinking about that, part of him still didn’t even believe that he was actually dating Miko after so long. “You seem nervous.” Reggie turned his head around to look towards Miko, who was smiling and looking at him. “Is it cause of what Kevin said?” she asked as she stood up from the floor and walked towards him slowly.

“I just can’t get it off my mind.” Reggie replied quietly, embarrassed that Miko was able to read into him so quickly.

He then blushed when he felt Miko put her arms around him, causing him to raise his gaze and stare into her eyes. “Works every time.” Miko grinned before kissing his cheek. “Listen, if there’s something I’m sure of is that Kevin is completely wrong.” Her expression had become more serious now as she pulled him closer. “I picked you on that day for a reason Reggie…don’t worry.” She smiled warmly and proceeded to kiss him once more. “Though it is cute to see that shy face of yours.” She giggled.

This just caused Reggie to blush even deeper and to turn away in embarrassment. “I like that face too.” Miko laughed once more. “Now let me help you. I at least know that you’re not a highly trained cook so I won’t have to worry about my skills.” She grinned and stuck her tongue out at him.

“Come on it’s about to start!’ Fin yelled as he and the rest of the Media Club; with Reggie and Chigon in toll ran through the academy’s forest.

Valerie was on her cell phone, she trying to run while also texting frantically. “I can’t believe those two will have to face them, no one would’ve seen it.” She panted and looked around at the others, noticing that Claudia already seemed to be losing her energy.

Reggie and Miko didn’t say anything and instead kept running, their minds too preoccupied with the situation at hand.

Early in the morning Kevin Samuels had sent a message using the Enforcers name, the message said that they would be challenging the Gardening Club to a match. The reasons why this alarmed the school were multiple, with the two main reasons being that the Enforcers; at least until that point had been challenged yet had never challenged anyone themselves. The second reason was the fact that the gardening club had one of the strongest students amongst them, Jack Hart who had joined the club just recently was known for being a master strategist, someone who was only second to third year and Enforcer member Zephyr.

“Everyone’s saying that this could end up being one of the best battles in the academy, a battle between the two best strategists is something to look forward too after all.” Fin grinned with expectation as he saw the green house come into view.

“It’s not just Jack that worries me though, Marie worries me too.” Reggie nodded his head. He knew that Marie was a good trainer, more than she let on to others and it was because of that that he got scared, after all the Enforcers were people that even Darren couldn’t defeat.

They all gasped in disbelief as they walked into the green house. The once desolate house which only held plants was now filled with people in every nook and cranny; they all crowded around a patch of grass in the center of the house. The Media Group looked on as they saw Jack and Marie both standing in front of the rest of the girls and boys that made up the gardening club.

On the other side were the Enforcers, each of them standing next to each other as if scanning their prey. Reggie looked towards Kevin; who in turn grinned and waved at him halfheartedly.

“Well then.” Marie spoke suddenly, causing the crowd to finally quiet down and look at her. “I think it’s time we start this.” She said, a determined expression crossing her face; something that shocked everyone around her.

Darren looked towards the sea, ignoring the sounds of cheers as people walked into the forest. He didn’t understand why people were so interested in the battle; after all that didn’t have anything to do with their lives. For Darren it was just unnecessary, he had no interest in the Enforcers; only Keith.

“All I have to do is wait till I get my chance at revenge.” He stated simply. At that moment he heard a slight rustling from behind him; something that caused him to turn around.

Standing behind him was Kevin Blaze, a grin plastered across his face as he looked at Darren and walked over to him. “Well I know you aren’t one to socialize but I didn’t think the battle genius would miss this battle.” He said simply and stood next to him. “Or have you actually gone soft after accomplishing your goal of killing Zivok?”

“I have no business with you.” Darren hissed at Kevin. He, unlike the rest of the group had been able to figure out Kevin’s identity as Incendio and he, unlike the others wasn’t one to just ignore something like that. “I might’ve settled things with Zivok but you being his ex comrade also puts you in my bad list.”

“Calm down doggy.” Kevin laughed and pocketed his hands. “I just came here to ask you one thing is all.” He nodded his head and smiled at Darren. “Memento Mori. What do you know about it?”

Darren just stared at Kevin Blaze, bitterness clear in his eyes as he looked down at the water and grinned. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Of course you don’t.” Kevin stated simply; though it was obvious that he hadn’t bought Darren’s excuse. “However that’s not my only question.” This caused Darren to clench his fists slightly as the teacher’s grin widened. “How did you get that InstaLink and how did your hair get white?”

“You’re snooping around a lot Mr. Teacher.” Darren slid his hand into his jacket and grabbed a hold of one of his pokeballs. “Just cause you’re a teacher doesn’t mean I’ll be scared.”

“And just cause you’re a student doesn’t mean I’ll go easy.” Kevin snickered and pulled out his own pokeball. “If you want a battle then let’s do it. If I win you tell me, if I lose I’ll leave and you can go back to doing all yer lone meditating crap and stuff.” He explained as he passed his hand over his head and rearranged his hair, now making it spiky and combed back. “And in exchange I will fight not as Kevin Blaze, but Incendio.” He grinned.

To be Continued…

End of Chapter 30
    Next Time: Strategist Game

Now as an extra, this is a oneshot spin off for Jabber one of Memento Mori's agents, now this is just a special chapter so it's your choice on whether you want to read or not.

Now this is the first one what I hope I can keep up as a sort of series of special chapters.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Chapter 28

Gonna try to be honest since my reviewing has improved, hope it doesn't come off as rude. I didn't really care for this chapter, it introduced Zephyr which was the high point of the chapter. I'm just wondering how she's going to impact the story in a significant way and why she had those interactions with Reggie, her personality wasn't really a huge stand-out either to be honest. Though she had a nice quirk with being a hacker, her fragility due to her insecurity regarding the wheelchair, etc. I wonder if we'll see more of that. The little spat by Fin at the end was a bit amusing. The constant spelling errors really got on my nerves, please remember to proofread, proofread, proofread. The fin scene made me literally blow milk out my nose XD

Fin beamed before taking a bite out of the corndog he was eating.
    Corn dog is two words not one.

Fin smiledbefore
    "smiled before"
    The Pokemons eemed
    "Pokemon seemed"
    adde
    Added
    brown colore dhair
    brown-colored hair
    white long sleeved uniform
    white, long-sleeved uniform.
    definetily
    definitely
    “It’s oay.”
    It's okay

on hiw own then people will just get scared of him.” Her face felled slightly.
    his*

"fell slightly"

She winced as she felt one of the thorn
    thorns
    “Oh I know who y are.”
    "You are"
    Zephyr interrupted. “Reggie Damon age 17 af of December this year, from Celadon City, second year student, blood type A+.”
    "Reggie Damon, age seventeen as of December this year,......"

Typically it's considered correct to not use "17," just write "seventeen." As that goes for all numbers.
    Zephyr gasped, apparentlys hocked by Reggie’s respond. “You don’t find that disturbing?”
    apparently shocked
    exxagerating but I think he just wants to prepare you,
    exaggerating

shortlya fter Fin and Reggie
    shortly after

Chapter 29

TBH, I found this chapter kinda uneventful. The pacing was a bit too speedy and off, you did a lot of telling in scenes where it would have been more relevant to show. There were also some grammatical errors which I'm too lazy to go back and point out, I really feel like you should focus more on the story's main plot and advancing that. I don't quite understand, is the girl's name "Lisa" or "Liza" you referred to her as both and the inconsistencies coupled with spelling errors really got distracting. I feel as though this whole system of "challenges" in itself are a tad tedious and the fact they group won the cooking challenge that easily was kinda rushed. There was hardly any struggle either.

EDIT:I just reread this out loud, I sound like a complete dick, I apologize if I was too harsh, man. Actually, I'll just write a new review later on, this is completely inaccurate. I would just like to completely apologize and say I'm sorry again.
    Last edited by Bubble Frog; 14th January 2013 at 03:27 PM.

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

I have to admit I'm not proud of chapter 29 as I was just coming out of my problem and I rushed it cause I was really behind. Chapter 29 wasn't as much filler as much as I did it because I wanted to put more focus on Claudia and Allison. However, due to multiple factors things didn't quite come otu as good as I had originally thought them out in my head so I apologize for that.

And I can notice your reviewing improved xD Might I ask what you did? I want to get better myself.

Blog Entries

I have to admit I'm not proud of chapter 29 as I was just coming out of my problem and I rushed it cause I was really behind. Chapter 29 wasn't as much filler as much as I did it because I wanted to put more focus on Claudia and Allison. However, due to multiple factors things didn't quite come otu as good as I had originally thought them out in my head so I apologize for that.
    I see, it's always a good thing to give more focus to supporting characters, so it makes sense with this chapter.

And I can notice your reviewing improved xD Might I ask what you did? I want to get better myself.
    Basically, I did a "Criticizing the reviewer" camp-type thing on another forum. Where my own reviewing skills are critiqued and judged and where I read quite a few fics of different genre to judge and evaluate. From doing this "reviewer criticizing camp" I really got better at my evaluating other fics. Not to mention there's a list of things that I use as a general rule of thumb when reviewing.

Bleh, sorry about that. I gab on too much XP

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

Well can I know what this rule of thumb is? xD

Blog Entries

Well can I know what this rule of thumb is? xD
    Well, it's more of my own personal way of reviewing rather than any specific guidelines that everyone has to adhere to. :p Everyone has a different way of reviewing.

Blog Entries

Just managed to read the latest chapter and well done, it was a lot better than the other recent ones and I cannot remember seeing any spelling/grammar issues. Despite little happening action wise, the tension was kept up n'stuff. Also, Keeeeeevinsss!!! I each time the scene changed I got them mixed up a bit but you introducing them with their last names each scene and also not letting them interact with each other really helps XP

Last thing:

Blog Entries

Chapter 30

Word variation, fewer spelling errors, and a few other problems. Though it was better than the last two chapters. I personally thought those two things you gave definitions for pre-chapter could have been better left explained in the story than being independent on their own. You set-up the future battles nicely and got everything all ready and hyped for what comes next. Though errors and awkward dialogue kept breaking the flow of the story for me.

her leaving her
    her leaving *him

Overall, a better chapter than the last two. A little word variation would do a lot of work for this chapter.

Kevin waved his hand around so as to signal for the other Enforcers to leave. Miko then turned to her own club, she doing the same thing for them; though they seemed hesitant to leave her alone.
    Take out the "She" in "she doing the same thing for them." It's not needed.

Miko nodded her head, she staying vigilant about what Kevin did.
    The "she" is not needed, it sounds incredibly forced.

He grinned slyly something that caused Miko to look at the wall.
    "He grinned slyly,something that caused Miko......"

“Reggie’s dedicated and besides.” She then turned back to glare at him. “He wouldn’t use me like you did and I like him a lot.”
    You're certainly using "she" a lot.

“That doesn’t matter now.” Miko looked at Kevin with disdain now, she glaring deeply into his eyes as she clenched her fists.
    "Miko looked at Kevin with disdain, glaring deeply into his eyes while clenching her fists."

Removed a lot of useless words and the sentence doesn't sound awkward and flows much better. Try doing this in the future.

“How come you just say you like him?”
    "Said"

Reggie frowned as he glared at Kevin.
    Something other than glare, its been used quite a bit already and word variation really helps bring out the scenes better.

He stated simply as he let go of
    Candidly, commonly, directly, ordinarily, or just stated. You're using "simply" too much.

Miko finally intervened, she putting her arms in between Kevin and Reggie so that she could separate them.
    Take out the first "she" it sounds repetitive and awkward.

Miko pointed out as she turned to Reggie; she gently putting her hand on his arm.
    I don't think this needs any explaining.

Reggie glared at Kevin and clenched his fist, he noticing that Chigon was glaring at him as well.
    Again, no explaining needed.

“That faux confident again I see.”
    confidence*

getting ready to eat Dinner.
    dinner

She giggled.
    Now giggled is veering toward overused.

“Come on it’s about to start!’
    remember, double quote at the end.

He stated simply.
    I:

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast