Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Pokemon Academy Year II: Second Year Rhapsody

It wasn't much! Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Pokemon Academy Year II: Second Year Rhapsody

@AetherX ; @Instrutilus ; @Chaosj2 ; @Cosmos ; @BlueNostalgia ; @Lugion ; @Thundagere ; @Jinoga ; @Rob Anybody ; @IVI ; @Karpi;@Tsutarja ; @Octy ; @Gotpika @I'll try this out ; @Tophat Dragoneye; @Lady Lucifer; @Gundramon

And with that we finally reach the conclusion of the Castelia City Arc, this has taken a long time now that I think about. The chapter is a sort of transition chapter but it focuses on the character's thoughts following the fight against the Black Knights.

So, I hope you enjoy.

Chapter 15: Realization

“Come on pick me, pick me!” he could hear one of the boys screaming eagerly, his voice breaking through all the other screams that the other kids made.

Why where the so eager he could not understand. He wasn’t good at any sort of games and even if he was it wasn’t like people would pay attention to what he did. “Okay, okay I’ll pick you but you better not make me lose!” the boy replied loudly.

He moved on the swing slightly as he stared at the group of children; they hadn’t eve noticed that he wasn’t there anymore and how could he blame them, it’s not like they wanted him to play in the first place. He looked down at the floor his hair falling over him as he noticed the ground that his feet could barely reach. “Hey how about Reggie who is he going to play with?” the boy raised his head in one quick motion, a look of happiness going through his face as he looked at the group.

“Nah…we’re even anyways besides it’s not like he’s going to make much of a difference unless Alex is with him.” one of the two leaders replied with a shrug before turning around. No one protested or defended his case and instead proceeded to play their precious game.

He began sobbing; tears welling up in his eyes as he tried to wipe them off so as to avoid anyone from seeing his face. “Why…why can’t I do anything…” he cried in a low tone so as to avoid anyone else hearing him.

“You know if you cry you’ll just make things worse right.” Reggie raise his head to look at the man standing next to the swing. He had short black colored hair that was kept in a straight yet well combed fashion, his features seemed to resemble an older version of Reggie though he had some wrinkles and the expression on his face was one that could scare anyone away. “Crying won’t solve anything you know that’s not what your brother would do.”

Reggie sniffled as he looked at his dad and jumped off the swing. “I’m sorry…I just…”

Reggie gasped loudly, his body shooting upwards on the bed as he panted. Cold sweat ran down his face and body as he inspected the empty hotel room once more. The curtains were drawn over the windows of the room; making the whole room dark save for a small light that came in through the window.

Reggie laid back down on the bed his mind still not recovered after the dream he had experienced. “Why…” he muttered softly.

“Fuck I hate this,” Fin frowned his left hand trying to dig its way through the cast that had been put around his right arm. The wind started to blow against his face causing him to frown slightly and grab a hold of the rails of the roof. “How come whenever you get casted your hand starts iching.”

“It can’t be helped can it,” Skyla laughed her hair waving around with the wind; though unlike Fin she was actually welcoming them. “You were too close to the blast and you landed on your right elbow. You’re actually quite lucky the regeneration worked or else you would’ve lose the arm, the itch is merely a side effect.”

“Yeah but still now I’ve got this itch that won’t leave me behind,” Fin pouted as he looked towards Skyla; he blushed slightly before sighing in defeat. “So in the end we got our asses handed to us…damn it I hate when the police does their job right.”

“You’re just mad cause Gray was the one that ended up capturing them,” Skyla teased, a silly smirk crossing her face.

“I just hate that guy thinking he can live up to Looker’s shoes that easily just cause he’s a Pokedex Holder,” Fin frowned with rage as he clenched on the railing; though it wasn’t making much of a difference due to the little strength he had at the moment. “He acts all composed but I know the truth.”

“It’s been three years yet you still resent him.” Skyle walked over to Fin; putting her arm on his shoulder and making the teenager blush and look away. “You’ve grown so much in such a short time Fin, the fact that you were willing to risk your life to save me proves it.”

“Uh…well you know a man never leaves a lady behind in the face of danger and all that crap,” Fin shrugged; trying to act as if it was nothing. “Besides I couldn’t leave you to die not with those bastards anyways.”

“And I thank you for that…” Skyla leaned forward, making Fin step back as their lips met in one swift motion. Fin’s mind wasn’t able to react or even process what was going on and instead put his left arm over Skyla causing the woman to lean closer against him before parting her lips. “I like how you act all cutesy and nervous around me,” she giggled.

“It’s just I…don’t do that without warning me!” Fin exclaimed shyly; the blush on his face causing it to look completely red.

“No need to get so flustered,” Skyla giggled.

Fin turned back to the city; his face turning a lot more serious and solemn as he looked down. “I’m just worried you know about Reggie.” Skyla raised an eyebrow in confusion. “He must be pretty broken after losing against Cliff I heard they were barely able to regenerate Chigon’s and Victini’s wounds after the fight.”

“Losing is something that happens to everyone…”

“Yeah but he’s a lot more complex in that sense,” Fin nodded his head. “Reggie acts like a hero only because he wants to make himself think that he’s changed, however he’s still scared even if he acts as if he’s courageous it is only faux courage in the end.” Skyla just eyed Fin before smiling and moving closer to him; putting an arm around him without him noticing. “The guy can do so much but he’s never willing to let himself have confidence, always fearing defeat and loss…I worry.”

“Of course you do, because you’re just a big softy even if you don’t want to show it.” It was at this time that Fin noticed the arm that was over his shoulder. He blushed and turned to look at Skyla once more. “Why do you care about this Reggie guy so much anyways?”

“What can I say,” Fin laughed softly before he looked up at the sky his eyes looking like he was remembering something. “I guess I sort of see myself in him, we both want to come out of someone else’s shadow regardless of what happens.”

“You’re a good friend Fin,” she said softly before she started kissing him once more; her kisses becoming more passionate as Fin leaned against the steel bars.

“We’re in the roofstop of a hospital in the middle of the day, plus I’m injured” Fin chuckled.

“Well I closed the doors and quoting the words of a certain Fang Drac AKA Fin Wave, it just makes it more exciting. ” she said with a cheerful smile before going back to the kissing; their bodies slowly sliding down the bars and onto the floor.

“Best.field.trip.ever!” Fin called out.

“How are you feeling?” Jack asked as he looked at Marie from his seat. He was sitting next to her hospital bed; his hand right next to her face.

Marie, like Fin had had her arm casted, her left eye had gotten black due to the assault by Cassandra and Sandra and she seemed to be really beat up; along with having multiple cuts around her body. “Well it still hurts a little but I’ll be fine,” Maria nodded her head; she wincing a little as she moved.

“You know if you’re trying to make me feel better you suck at it,” Jack deadpanned before smirking at the girl. “I’m sorry that I wasn’t able to help, instead I got knocked around myself.”

“It’s okay what matters is that you’re all right after all. What did the doctors say anyways?” Maria asked as she finish sitting up on the bed; though it seemed to take a strain on her judging by her expression.

“Well they said that the effects of the regeneration of my right eye last year are still spreading around my body so I wasn’t as wounded as Fin,” Jack nodded his head sagely before grabbing a glass of water that was on the desk and taking a sip. “They said I was going to feel tire for the next couple of days but otherwise I was pretty much unhurt aside from a small concussion.”

“Well at least they made the field trip longer thanks to that attack,” Marie laughed. “Though I shouldn’t be glad about all the people that got hurt.”

“It still bothers me…that he saved you,” Jack stated bitterly; his head lying on top of his right hand whiel he looked towards the windows. “That Kevin Samuels guy I mean.”

“He isn’t such a bad guy you know,” Marie giggled loudly. “You just have to give him a chance.”

“I tell you there’s something about that guy, his intentions and everything just bother me,” Jack pointed out bitterly. “I swear to god that if something happens I’m blaming that guy instantly.”

Marie started to laugh uncontrollably; making Jack jump back as he looked at the shaking girl who was obviously being hurt due to her wounds. “Sorry it’s just…that is just like you.”

“What is?”

“Nothing, nothing it’s not as fun if I tell you,” Marie grinned. “You know Jack I…”

“Don’t speak you’ll just make the whole conversation in a hospital room sound more cliché,” Jack deadpanned as he held his right hand in front of Marie.

“Cliff Hermes the leader of the recently growing group Black Knights was arrested three days ago in Castelia City. While the city has sustained damages authorities have stated that the repairs will not take a huge toll in the city; though this changes remain to be seen.”

“While police has managed to catch most of Black Knight’s members there are still some members that remained to be seen, unfortunately they currently have no leads so we’ll just have to wait and see how this case fares out now we go back to you Kev.”

Everyone seemed to be paying attention to the TV, even waitresses had stopped working to see what the news would have to say. And who could blame them after Black Knight’s raid three days before the whole city had been lit aflame, frankly it was amazing that it hadn’t sustained economical damage.

“Look at them go acting like a bunch of scared animals,” a man sitting by the corner of the restaurant chuckled with amusement at the sight; his black eyes looking down at the coffee as if it was a luxury. “It always astounds me as to how simple humanity is to predict though I guess that’s what makes them so interesting right?”

“I see we have the same points of view,” Clarice smiled sweetly as she looked at the man from the other side of the booth. Her hair had been cut so that it would barely reach her neck and she was no longer wearing her glasses, instead she wore a pair of contacts that made her eyes turn into a gentle ruby color. “Well if we didn’t then I wouldn’t be looking to join you guys now would I?” She leaned her head against her eyes, her expression looking mesmerized. “Though you’re quite handsome too I didn’t think Memento Mori would have such a man running it.”

“I’m only one of the 5 Deaths is all,” the man nodded his head. “Clarice you shouldn’t say that name out loud you know,” he put his index finger in front of his mouth and pretended to shush her. “However I do think we could use you in Memento Mori someone that knows what interests her.”

“Yeah plus I have some information too,” Clarice smiled. “It’s about this kid he’s a student from Elem…”

“I know of Reggie Damon and Chigon already but how do I say it…they don’t matter,” the man spoke bluntly and in a more sinister tone of voice. “They’re just a feather dancing around in a hurricane however if they were to unite with ‘him’ then things could get dangerous.”

“Him?”

“The man that could destroy everything we’ve been constructing and the one that has the key to breaking our plans,” The man took a sip from his coffee before lowering the cup. “Alex Damon from Knight Academy if he and Knight Academy join with Elemental Academy things could really get dangerous.”

“However if we do nothing the only thing that will remain of those two is a bitter rivalry for dominance,” the man spoke in a more laid back fashion as he leaned back and eyed Clarice with beckoning eyes. “They will destroy each other and we will be the ones that stand on top in the end. So in that sense you might little Reggie Damon is the key to our victory.”

“You’re a really stupid kid you know that?” Thomas Gray looked down at Reggie; policemen surrounding him as they went on to take Cliff away. He knelt down and stretched his hand towards the young man so as to give him a way to stand from the floor. “What where you thinking by fighting against that guy.”

“No one else could do it,” Reggie coughed and allowed Thomas to lift him up. He didn’t want to look at the man though, just from seeing his eyes he was able to tell that he wasn’t approved of by him, a look that just made Reggie shake even more. “I had to help out.”

“You’re a freaking kid the only thing you’re gonna get from this is death you understand.” Thomas turned to look at Chigon and Victini. “See…get me stretcher for this two and bring the ambulance over!” he commanded after turning around towards the other police cars. “They could’ve gotten killed, in fact you’re lucky your wounds aren’t as bad.”

“I just…” Reggie looked down at the floor for a moment.

“Acting like a hero is foolish you’re young, you’re weak you shouldn’t even think about doing these type of stuff you hear kid.” The man turned around and passed his left hand over his head in annoyance. “Next time leave things to those that can handle it you shouldn’t fight if you’re not sure that you’re going to win.”

The memories flashed in front of Reggie’s eyes like a broken movie, the thought of Thomas’s words still making their way into his mind as he reminisced over his defeat. Even though Chigon had been able to evolve it still wasn’t able to come close to beating Genesect and the only thing it got him in the end was losing.

“Why can’t I win a single fight on my own I always have to rely on Chigon for everything,” Reggie moved around so that he would be sideways, his face looking at the window with curiosity.

“Can I come in?” he heard a soft whispered coming from the door. Even if it was soft Reggie could still recognize Valerie’s voice, though he didn’t reply in the end. “I’ll take that as a yes,” she nodded her head and closed the door.

She walked over to his bead and proceeded to sit down, her eyes looking down at him with a saddened expression. “You’ve been here for three days Reggie it doesn’t matter what you lost you shouldn’t be in this state.”

“I didn’t just lose, Chigon almost died cause of me,” Reggie muttered softly as he faced opposite from Valerie. “And I betrayed everyone’s trust too.”

“At least you were able to fight.” Valerie leaned against Reggie before she put her arm around his neck and put her head close to the back of his. “You did your best Reggie.”

“I don’t think we should be doing this…” Reggie deadpanned.

“I’m comforting you cause we’re family you’re a pervert for thinking anything more you creep,” she laughed before her voice began to get quiet again. “I don’t like to see you sad Reggie because you have no reason to be sad.”

“…”

Valerie got both of her arms around Reggie’s neck and began applying pressure; causing Reggie to grab a hold of the sheets and move around to get her hands up. “What the hell are you doing!?” he exclaimed; finally turning around to face her.

“Well I had to make you speak somehow,” Valerie laughed before she got over to the windows and began to lift the blinds; this in turn made Reggie jump back and cover his eyes. “You lost yourself, however moping around won’t do anything you hear.” She turned to look at Reggie; her eyes giving him a serious expression. “You’re sad because you lost, because you think that if you lose a fight then it proves you’re still the same boy you used to be. Well newsflash being strong in a battle doesn’t prove anything, if you want to change yourself and the way people look at you then put some effort into your own way of acting instead of trying to make yourself act like a hero!” he exclaimed; her index finger falling on him and gracing his nose.

“Forget about battling for a while okay, unless it’s with wild Pokémon, I want you to stop battling and just focus on your own aspects only then will you be able to truly change,” she scoffed and flicked her head back before leaning closer to Reggie. “I can’t help you out though,” she giggled. “It’s something only you can do okay cus?”

Valerie hugged him tightly causing Reggie to rest his head on her shoulder as his eyes began to drift away. He didn’t know what happened, but maybe it was the fact that he had barely gotten any sleep in the last few days. He felt his body go weightless and his eyes closing; sleep no longer being easy to shake off. “Sleep tight.”

End of Chapter 15
    Next Time: The Great Detectives Claudia and Valerie
    Last edited by Flaze; 1st May 2012 at 01:39 PM.

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

I am so happy for Fin!

And yay, character development for Reggie! But what does his brother have to do with everything?

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A lot of character development in this chapter, especially to Reggie. And we even get to know the full extent of Fin's and Skyla's relationship!

Anyway, this is a good chapter to read, and I'm keen to see what will happen now that a new villainous team has entered the fray.
    Revolutionaryverse

Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

Yeah I wanted Fin and Skyla to be the highlight of the chapter along with Reggie xD

That being said, we won't know more about Memento Mori just yet, but soon.

Blog Entries

Best fieldtrip ever!

As long as we ignore the almost dying parts.

Anyway, so Alex is Reggie's bro who is the top student at Knight right? By the look of it, things are going to be tough later on, so unless Reggie manages to find out what 'strength' means, we're going to need Fin to go badass again since a certain badass decided to stay at school.....I bet if he was here they would have not only pwned Genesect, but captured it.

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

Fin doesn't care about that, his friends could die and he wouldn't give a damn as long as he got laid xD

Not quite a student but definetily a storng influince in Knight Academy.

That's why I didn't want Darren to go xD it's always hard fo rme to make Darren lose, now they still would've had trouble but with Darren's "serious business" personality they probbaly would've been able to stop them from completing their plans.

That being said they'll be going back to school starting next chapter, though Claudia and Valerie have the center of attention next time but you'll see Darren soon.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Interest chapter indeed, nice character development there. Fin's Skyla moment was interesting to say the least XD

The next chapter not focusing on Reggie is interesting indeed. I wonder how things will follow and go in regard to his character and this "no battling" rule he's established. Will he catch a new Pokemon? And there's also things in regard to Memento Mori too. The Knight Academy too. Thomas as well. A interesting chapter the say the least. Not sure what else I can cover :X

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

@AetherX ; @Instrutilus ; @Chaosj2 ; @Cosmos ; @BlueNostalgia ; @Lugion ; @Thundagere ; @Jinoga ; @Rob Anybody ; @IVI ; @Karpi;@Tsutarja ; @Octy ; @Gotpika @I'll try this out ; @Tophat Dragoneye; @Lady Lucifer; @Gundramon;

Well this chapter will focus on Claudia since I feel like I haven't really given her any focus lately; that goes for Valerie as well. But it still serves as an insight chapter.

Chapter 16: The Great Detectives Claudia and Valerie

Claudia looked down at the book she was reading; having nothing but the sound of the ticking clock as source of sound. Even so she still stared attentively; not paying mind to Valerie who was in the other room trying to clear her pictures.

“Man I really need to get a new camera these pictures aren’t coming out right at all,” Valerie whined from inside the dark room; though Claudia paid no mind.

Mystery novels.

Those were some of the only things that she could actually keep a focus on, it was exciting to read how a character was able to solve the mystery in the book and if done right then it would even leave her in a good mood. But, that probably wasn’t the thing that attracted her to the books.

It was the fact that he could do anything, main characters in mystery novels were always able to find clues and solve cases without a care in the world, something that Claudia knew couldn’t happen in real life but still, that’s what fiction was for right?

“You there?” Claudia jumped on her chair as she felt Valerie’s hand on top of her head before they were followed by Valerie herself peeking over her down at the book. “You’re always reading these books are they good?” she asked gleefully before moving away.

“It’s just…they help me pass the time is all,” Claudia nodded her head nervously before getting up. “Sorry I wasn’t listening to you.”

“Don’t worry about it I’m done anyways,” Valerie tugged on her back so as to show Claudia that she had gathered her stuff already. “Ready to go?”

“But we’re still not done I mean we still haven’t finished printing and…”

“Don’t worry about it Ms. Editor, if we come here early tomorrow morning then we can get it done in a snap.” Suddenly her fingers clicked; causing Claudia to jump back in surprise. “Besides Darren and Reggie didn’t come and Miko didn’t have anything to do so she left earlier.”

Claudia’s eyes seemed to have lost some of their previous light as she heard Reggie’s name. “Darren couldn’t come cause of exams but…Reggie hasn’t come even once since we came back I feel like it’s my fault,” she rubbed her cheek nervously.

Valerie smiled and put her arm around Claudia’s neck; causing the girl to jump once more. “Don’t worry about him, he just needs to have some time of his own,” she nodded her head reassuringly. “He’ll be back in no time,” she winked and began walking. “Now let’s go I’ll buy us some ice cream.”

Claudia nodded her head. It wasn’t only Reggie that had her depressed but the whole school trip in general. She had become a liability to everyone during the field trip especially when she was caught hostage by Clarice and almost got Reggie killed. Needless to say that was something that she just couldn’t take.

Aside from that they were also forbidden to do a story about the events regarding the Black Knights, because of it being a confidential police issue. “Also I heard about this weird rumor that’s been going around.” Valerie spoke suddenly, breaking the silence that divided the two.

“What weird rumor?” Claudia asked; her curiosity sparked after hearing what Valerie said.

“Well there have been some strange break ins lately,” Valerie pointed out with her index finger raised. “You know how winter exams are coming up right well I heard that every night someone has been breaking in to steal the exams that are going to be used apparently they only take one every night.”

“That really weird,” Claudia nodded her head, the building kept a pretty tight security and the fact that the culprit was not able to enter just once but more was something that surprised Claudia a lot. “However what can we do it’s only a rumor…right?” she asked; though in truth she was hoping for Valerie to say that it wasn’t.

“Well yes…now but if we pursue it then who knows,” Valerie beamed cheerfully and patted Claudia’s shoulder. “That’s why we’re going to find out.”

“Hm…shouldn’t we tell the others about this though I mean we could get in trouble.” Claudia’s face turned nervous once more. In part she felt great that she would have a chance to solve an actual mystery but she and Valerie were still powerless and she wasn’t that good when it came to tough situations.

“Forget the others it’s time we pull our weight too,” Valerie smiled and lifted her camera up. “Once they see we were able to get a passable story of our own they’ll be treating us like queens…even Reggie,” she whispered the last part into Claudia’s ear causing her to blush slightly. “I knew it.”

“Shut up!” Claudia exclaimed and began walking. “All right!” she yelled more confidently as she wheeled around and pointed at Valerie. “We’ll meet here at 7 pm I’ll bring the essentials.”

“Essentials?” Valerie raised an eyebrow in confusion.

“What the hell is this?” Valerie couldn’t help but deadpan in confusion and doubt as she looked down at all the item Claudia had brought. There was a pair of night vision goggles along with…a grappling hook. She had also brought a magnifying lens and was even wearing Reggie’s reporter hat. “So the hat…”

“I went to Reggie’s room this afternoon and asked him if I could borrow it,” Claudia nodded her head while adjusting her hat. “He gave it to me pretty easily though.” She turned around and looked at the building before smiling at Valerie. “Let’s go.”

“I knew you liked this type of stuff but… you’re over doing it a little.” Valerie sighed in frustration and began following after Claudia.

“I just wanted to be prepared,” Claudia blushed in embarrassment after hearing Valerie’s comment; she was worried about scaring Valerie or making herself look bad. “I guess I got too confident.”

“No don’t worry. I don’t usually see you like this so it’s good to see that you have a side that gets like this over something,” Valerie laughed before she walked inside the building. “They still haven’t closed the building so we should hide somewhere while we wait for night to fall.”

“So who do you think it is?” Claudia asked; she trying to not let the weight of her bag throw her down due to her small frame.

“Well I can’t really tell I mean it’s not like I know anyone that’ll actually do something like this and stand out,” Valerie laughed. She put her hand on her chin and scratched it slightly before nodding her head. “I have a guest but you’re the detective here so you should be the one to figure it out,” she winked; causing Claudia to blush and look away as she adjusted her glasses.

Once night fell Valerie and Claudia began exploring the building; they knew that they would have to watch out for the guards that were left every night, but Valerie wasn’t worrying about that as much she was about the story. “How do we even know they’re going to be coming in today?” Claudia asked while moving the flash light around.

“It’s easy.” Valerie beamed before she took out a paper sheet from her bag. The sheet showed the names of various subjects as well as the teachers that thought them and the day they had lost it. “He has come into this building throughout the week and has stolen the Battling, Contest, Math and History tests, so the next one is obviously going to be Biology.”

“How do you know it’s Biology to begin with?” Claudia raised an eyebrow in confusion.

“I told you I already had a good guess of who it was,” Valerie winked once more and kept walking while flashing the light around; not caring if anyone saw them. “Judging by the list and the order of the classes then if my guess is right Biology should be the next one to go.”

“I guess if you say so,” Claudia nodded her head and started to follow behind Valerie.

She looked down at the floor hesitantly; as if there was something that she wanted to say but couldn’t find the courage too. She adjusted her glasses slightly before turning to look outside the window. “You know when you said that I act different when I’m reading?” Valeria turned her head to the side in curiosity once she heard Claudia speak.

“When I was growing up I…I didn’t really have a lot of things that I was able to do,” Claudia stuttered. “I was always a weak girl and as thus I couldn’t do a lot of physical stuff when I was growing up. Since I couldn’t do anything physically my mom decided that I should focus on the academic aspects and I was set to study almost all the time.”

“Oh right I heard your mom was a reporter for a news channel in Goldenrod City right,” Valerie noted, her voice sounding slightly curious as well as matching the look in her eyes. “Is that why you decided to get into this school?

“Not really,” Claudia shook her head. “You see even when I wasn’t studying I still didn’t have anything else, I had no friends and no way to entertain myself so I just read on and on, I mean it was the only way that I could…do something while being relaxed about it. It was the only thing I had.” Claudia’s voice dropped a little bit the more her story went on; something that made Valerie’s curiosity rise.

“My mom wanted me to be a reporter but I just couldn’t deal with talking in front of cameras, it wasn’t my thing at the end of the day.” She stated while brushing her hair behind her right ear, she was clearly bothered about telling the story but a part of her felt as if she had to do it. “When I told her I wanted to be an editor got sort of bothered because I wasn’t following her plan, saying that I should try to break my shell and that being a reporter would help me meet new people and be better.” Claudia sighed and turned to Valerie once more; this time for approval.

“You want to be an editor because you like to read and know a lot about it just like I want to be a photographer because I like the pictures,” Valerie beamed and suddenly her arm was put over Claudia’s neck; causing the girl to jump back due to being startled. “Why are you telling me this though?”

“Ah…well I just thought since you brought it up…” Claudia looked away shyly not even looking at Valerie when she tried to make up Claudia’s face.

“You just wanted to tell me didn’t you,” Valerie smiled warmly. “There’s nothing wrong with that, in fact I’m glad. We’re friend after all.” Claudia nodded her head and smiled, she had never felt so comfortable around someone else before and she definitely hadn’t told anyone about her past before either.

At that moment a loud rumbling could be heard from inside the Biology classroom; something that caused both Valerie and Claudia to perk up as they ran to check it out.

Valerie and Claudia stormed inside almost instantly and were greeted by a powerful watergun that sent them flying back into the hallway. “Gah!” Valerie groaned while she recovered from the blow. “What?” she looked at the entrance of the room where a boy wearing a black long sleeved sweater and matching jeans and gloves stood. Because of the black mask that he wore over his face everything but his eyes were clouded; though that wasn’t what Valerie and Claudia were looking at. Their eyes immediately fell down on the sheets that he was carrying.

Claudia gasped loudly once she noticed the Swampert that was standing by the thief’s side. This made a very important point dawn on her head, they had absolutely no way to defend themselves against Pokémon. “Valerie what do we do?”

“Simple we use cunning strategies!” Valerie announced before she began charging at the thief; causing Claudia to scream in surprise due to the sudden charge.

The thief’s Swampert jumped instantly at Valerie. However, before the Swampert could hit the girl she side stepped gracefully; allowing her to spin around the Swampert before she delivered a kick to the thief’s hand, causing him to drop the sheets.

Claudia just stood agape, the speed in which Valerie had been able to avoid the Swamper and take the sheets was amazing and it had been executed as if it was an everyday occurrence. “Don’t just sit there let’s go!” Valerie yelled and began running, causing Claudia to follow.

The thief wasn’t willing to let them go though and as thus began to follow after them while his Swampert fired multiple Water Gun attacks. “How can we beat that thing with no Pokémon!” Claudia panted. She wouldn’t be able to hold out for long if they kept running due to her body’s low physical strength.

“We have to find a way,” Valerie said while gritting her teeth. “A detective would try and make some sort of trap.”

This sentence caused Claudia to smile before taking out the night vision goggles that she had brought for herself and Valerie. “We can use these,” she instructed before throwing them towards Valerie. “Follow my lead.”

“What lead?” Valerie raised an eyebrow in doubt before lowering the goggles over her eyes. “We’ve got no Pokémon to help us out.”

“We don’t need Pokémon,” Claudia shook her head. “The Swampert might be able to chase us but in this darkness he can barely see.” Claudia looked ahead at the next hallway before both she and Valerie took the curve almost making Claudia slip off onto the floor; however she was sustained by Valerie who in turn helped her push through the rest of the curve.

“All right Swampert let’s get them!” the thief commanded.

Before he could take the turn though both him and his Swampert were greeted by a pair of smoke bombs, making them unable to do anything as their vision vanished. “What’s this!?” he exclaimed in disbelief.

He wasn’t able to see through the smoke though; once he was able to find his way around the curve he received a powerful kick to the jaw by Valerie, the kick having enough strength in it to throw him to the floor.

That wasn’t the end of it, because as soon as the thief fell down Valerie grabbed a hold of the single pokeball on his belt and tossed it to Claudia who proceeded to return the still startled Swampert in one swift motion. “Pretty easy…but why the hell did you have a pair of smoke bombs?” Valerie raised an eyebrow in confusion yet shock.

“You never know,” Claudia shrugged innocently. “Now that we’ve got this guy it’s only obvious that we should unmask him.” Claudia made her way towards the thief and slid the mask off.

She gasped in disbelief; though for some reason Valerie was giggling as she saw the face under the mask. “Well you got me good,” Finn chuckled while ruffling his red hair. “I didn’t think you’ll be able to do that though I was planning on letting you guys win anyway.”

“Why…why is Fin the thief?” Claudia’s shock was evident in her voice and she was barely able to process what was happening in front of her.

“We did this on purpose…hope you’re not mad.” Claudia’s mouth fell agape as she saw Fin get up from the floor. “You see Valerie told me that she wanted to do something to try and make you have some fun and lay back.”

“And your answer was vandalize the school and steal test sheets?” Claudia deadpanned; her disbelief becoming obvious on her face.

“The thing about the test sheets were rumors.” Valerie crossed her arms and nodded her head.

“Even that one,” Claudia narrowed her eyes; her finger pointing down at the sheets Fin was holding. Fin and Valerie both looked at each other hesitantely before they turned away from Claudia. “What the hell.”

“Don’t worry we just gotta get the sheets back right Fin?” Valerie chuckled nervously before she turned to Fin. However, once the two had turn around Fin was already making his way to the elevator. “Fin!”

“Sorry but I gotta grasp this chance don’t worry I’ll try to get it back before morning.” And that was all he said before leaving the two girls to themselves.

“I knew I should’ve told Jack,” Valerie shook her head in disappointment. “I hope you’re not mad.”

“I’m good but…I just want to know why?” Claudia was surprised when she was suddenly grabbed by Valerie and was in turn put into yet another embrace.

“I know you’ve been worrying a lot about getting a new story for the newspaper and I also know you’ve been worrying about Reggie,” Valerie stated bluntly before letting go of Claudia. “I did this so that you could let loose and lose your worries and it worked.” She smiled warmly; making Claudia step away nervously. “For the first time since I met you it was as if you were truly happy and eager.”

“…thanks…” Claudia looked down onto the floor.

“Don’t mention it, we’re friends after all,” Valerie laughed. “Also don’t worry about Reggie I’m sure he’ll come around.”

“I know,” Claudia nodded her head. “Again, thanks I never had anyone do something like this before.”

“Yeah I get it. Now let’s get going before the guards catch us,” Valerie giggled; though that comment wasn’t as fun for Claudia as she began to walk towards the elevator in a hurry.

For all those curious, Fin still failed the test, the test sheet was a fake.

End of Chapter 16
    Next Time:The Looming Shadow
    Last edited by Flaze; 16th April 2014 at 12:06 PM.

Blog Entries
    Follow an illegible mess. On Twitter Add an illegible mess. on Facebook Add an illegible mess. on MySpace
    Follow an illegible mess. on Tumblr Visit an illegible mess.'s Youtube Channel

i like the little bit of character development you put with reggie. he seems like a more balanced character, now that i think about it xD.

i think the one thing that bugs me is the lack of emotion you put in your dialog. the lack of proper commas and punctuation marks is not only bad grammar, but it ruins the whole emotion you put into what your characters are saying. the thing with the policeman when he was yelling at reggie; i didn't feel like he was actually screaming at reggie and blaming him on everything, making reggie feel bad. to me, it sounded like he was just talking to him casually, like they were discussing things over coffee at a restaurant.

also, remember to put your commas where needed. some sentences look really jumbled up and sound like they are told in a very fast-paced manner. looking over your work before publishing it to the thread is a good idea; and remember, if you're using microsoft word or another word processor, use the grammar check tool to check over your work.

it was a pretty interesting chapter nevertheless. i thought the part with rin and skyla was very cute. keep it up!

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

Actually he really was talking to him casually xD the guy doesn't show his emotions too much, but you're right that I probably should've shown the emotions more.

The problem with the spell corrector is that it doesn't really correct the order in which one uses the commas or semicolons all the time, it only corrects a few sentences.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

This chapter was pretty uneventful, I don't really have much to say XD

Keep writing! ^^

Blog Entries

Nice sweet chapter showing a different(and somewhat hilarious) side of Claudia.(who carries freaking smoke bombs? Does she think she's Snake or Link?) Its also nice to see some added depth to her, and the hilarious Fin moment made me laugh once again. I actually thought it was Alisa but then started thinking Darren, then bam, Fin. On to the more technical portions, there are a couple more grammar issues than normal, such as earlier when she says , "We're friend" it should be 'friends'. Once again, I seem to be unable to find the grammar mistakes again, but I know they're in there somewhere. As for the comma thingy, try reading it aloud, when your voice pauses, insert punctuation. Over time it becomes natural to add commas in the correct places.

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

@Stellar Haze;

I really like the fact they did this us on purpose to cheer up Claudia, really makes her feel more like a part of the group and shows how much they really care about her. We also got a glimpse of depressed Reggie which, I'm assuming, is an issue which will be focused upon quite soon. Honestly, it was a refreshing chapter, in my opinion. I say refreshing because it felt nice seeing characters other Reggie get some focus - that gives others some time to shine.

There were some left out letters in dialogues such as 'we're friends' where you left out the letter 's'. I also agree with others about commas, though it's not that big of a deal in my opinion.

Really nice chapter, man, keep it up!

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

@Chaosj2; well I wanted to cause some confusion as to who the thief was so I'm glad you had that problem. As for Claudia, she's just read too many spy and action novels.
    @Tsutarja; well I'll be going back to Reggie in the next chapter but I am working on some special extra chapters that will focus on other characters, originally I wanted to make this story arc about the others but I didn't want to hold the plot too much.

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

@AetherX ; @Instrutilus ; @Chaosj2 ; @Cosmos ; @BlueNostalgia ; @Lugion ; @Thundagere ; @Jinoga ; @Rob Anybody ; @IVI ; ;@Tsutarja ; @Octy ; @Gotpika @I'll try this out ; @Tophat Dragoneye; @Lady Lucifer; @Gotpika;

So here's the next chapter, now this one is pretty important actually, mostly because it'll set the events of the first part of the fic into motion once and for all.

Chapter 17: The Looming Shadows

Brendan leaned against the edge of his reclining chair; causing the chair to make a loud squeaking noise when it moved back. “I’m so glad you were all able to come.” He put his head on top of his hands, which were in turn grasping each other. “I know you must all be curious about why I invited you here but it’s for a very good reason.”

His eyes fell over the 5 students that stood in front of his desk, their waiting faces beginning to shift to ones of impatience while they waited for the headmaster’s message. “I’ve called you over here cause I’ve decided that you are the strongest students in this academy.”

“Hmmp is that all,” one of them snorted, his long spiky red hair waving around when he leaned his head back. He had a cocky grin on his face and just by looking into his red colored eyes one could notice an air of overconfidence and pretentiousness. “Frankly I’m surprised no one told us that before, considering all the attention those second years get.”

“You guys aren’t the type of people for attention though, not even you Tyson,” Brendan shook his head; ensuing a smirk from the red haired boy. “That being said I wanted to speak to you guys about some matters regarding the school. As you all know last year the school was in quite a bit of turmoil due to our late principal’s…personal opinion,” he stopped for a second to try to gather his words before he kept going. “So I wanted to take measures into my own hands.”

“Yes we know,” the boy standing in the center of the group nodded his head, his long platinum colored hair was combed to the side so as to show his sparkling grey eyes to the world. “We helped the students get to safety during the attacks, though not a lot of people know.”

“Exactly,” Brendan stated with a nod. “Truth is that if it came down to it you guys should’ve been the ones to fight last year. Charles picked the students known as Reggie, Jack, Fin and Darren because he thought they would’ve been easier to beat once he unveiled his plan,” he explained with an insightful nod. “You guys didn’t know about what was gonna happen so when the time came the only thing you could do was help students evacuate.”

“Yeah that really pissed me off…those stupid first years thought they were so good or something,” Tyson snickered once more before frowning, he seemed to actually be bothered by the current discussion. “But to the point here teach.”

“So anyways as third years not only are you guys older but stronger and wiser,” Brendan stood up from his chair and focused on the group once more. “That’s why as of today I would like to assign you guys as the protectors of this school the group in charge of protecting the students and making sure the school is safe. The Enforcers.”

“Sounds like some kind of comic book name.” Tyson deadpanned.

“We accept,” the platinum haired boy bowed his head in respect. “Even though I know there is a deeper reason for this.” He stared at the headmaster as he said this; his expressionless face never faltering.

Brendan looked down tactfully. “Anyways you will be in charge of looking after the school and making sure the rules are followed. With this you can also do what you see fit if it comes to enforcing the rules.”

“So I hereby announce you as the Enforcers!”

Reggie panted loudly as his right foot slipped on the ground once more before being closely followed by his left. Sweat ran down his face and body; causing his hair to become wet and stick to his face. He looked towards the rising sun with every step he took, it was breath taking in his opinion, how perfect it looked from the island.

He grabbed a hold of the neck of his t-shirt and stretched it over to air himself. He was barely able to keep going yet he still had a long way to go. “Damn it I can’t do it…” he panted loudly and began to come to a halt, his hand clenching onto his chest while he tried to regain his breath. “I really should get more practice.”

He began walking slowly and tried to stabilize his breathing with each step. He remembered how his father had gotten him to start on running that summer; telling him to do it continuously so as to train his body and relieve stress. Reggie wasn’t one to follow routines but as he kept going back to the events of the field trip he just couldn’t shake the feeling of wanting to relieve stress.

“I never thought he’ll be right,” he sighed to himself and rubbed the back of his head.

Suddenly he felt his body moving on its own, as if someone else was controlling it. He began to walk deeper into the forest; he had stepped into these same forests a lot over the past two years, which was ironic since he had always been scared of forest due to the things that they could be holding inside.

As he headed into the forest he was able to hear grunting noises, noises that in turn got louder with every step he took. Curiosity began to rise inside of his body and he was now able to control his own body. He moved bushes and branches aside as he followed the noises.

Finally Reggie reached the spot he had been looking for and was treated to the sight of Darren throwing kicks to a wooden dummy. He was standing on the ground shirtless; sweat running down his body as he threw another kick at the dummy. Reggie gasped as he saw the kick make contact and even chip off some of the wood.

Darren turned his head around to come face to face with Reggie; who in turn was taken aback after being found out. “Fancy seeing you here,” he stated before wiping the sweat off his face with his black shirt. “I heard you’ve been acting like a loner lately,” he stated; though there was no interest in his voice.

“I’ve just had the urge to be alone lately,” Reggie shrugged nervously. He didn’t feel like talking about the fact that he had basically shut himself out from the others, he hadn’t even told Miko or Fin about what he felt and Valerie was true on what she said about not helping him unless he asked for it. “Things have just been kind of hard for me lately.”

“Yeah I bet crying in your room all day long worrying about useless things can do that.” This sentence made Reggie’s eyes snap open as he saw Darren throw another kick at the dummy. Was he saying that Reggie was just throwing a tantrum or that his reasons weren’t good enough? He clenched his fist and raised his head.

“Stop talking like your better,” he stated bluntly and seriously; finally getting Darren’s attention once more. “You don’t know how I feel, you didn’t see what I saw, plus, you don’t even know what I’ve gone through.”

“Oh yeah I don’t know what you’ve been through,” Darren pointed out dryly, even in his voice you could tell that he didn’t really wanted to bother with Reggie at the moment. “I mean it’s not like I’ve faced a lot of near death situations or lost the person I cared about the most in front of me, oh no you whining about being scared is so much worse.”

“Don’t make it sound like that, that’s not what I me…”

“It is what you mean,” Darren retorted quickly. “You just want pity from everyone. You’re scared because for once in your life you realized that all this battles could be the end of you.” He stated with a little disgust in his voice. “You’re scared because it finally dawned on you that even Chigon wouldn’t be enough to save your sorry ass whenever things go wrong. So instead of trying to see this you just want to get everyone’s pity by acting like a whiny little kid.”

“Shut up!” Reggie screamed, the distance between the two of them closing as he stepped closer. “I…I’m scared but it’s justified I mean I’ve never…

“Never what? Never faced death in the eye, then I think you’re forgetting about last year,” Darren shook his head. “No that’s not it either I bet. What’s bothering you is the fact you lost and you have no one to comfort you through it, it’s the fact that you’re not getting any attention from anyone else that’s bothering you.”

“I said shut up!” Reggie leaned forward and threw his left fist at Darren. He didn’t know what he was doing, he was never one to get so mad, he usually just ignored things when they hurt him but now…he just couldn’t take it; mostly because deep down he knew that Darren was right.

His fist flew by Darren’s face who in turn grabbed a hold of his arm and proceeded to lift Reggie into the air with ease. Reggie felt his body become weightless before the feeling was later replaced by the cold hard surface of the ground and the pain of his body colliding against it as Darren slammed him down with a hard thrust. “You act like you’re the good guy, righteous, helping others. But the one that really needs other’s help is you.” Darren didn’t even bother looking at Reggie as he grabbed his shirt and slung it around his shoulder.

“You’re even more selfish than everyone else, because you use others as a catalyst to make yourself feel better.” He turned his head half around. “You know that Miko likes you, so why don’t you tell her you like her too.” Reggie looked down at the ground, not wanting to respond to the question. “It’s because you like the attention, you like the fact that she pays attention to you and you’re afraid that if you said yes it could all go away.”

“That’s the same reason you battle, it isn’t for enjoyment or to become stronger, you just do it cause you want to get other people’s attentions.” He turned his head back around and began to walk away; leaving Reggie on the floor and gritting his teeth. “I suggest you stop being such a whiny little kid and actually focus on something else rather than yourself or how you can increase people’s opinions of you.”

“You didn’t have to throw me that hard?” Reggie groaned.

“You annoy me,” Darren frowned. “I punch what annoys me, be glad I didn’t punch you.”

Reggie just laid down on the ground, mostly because his body was still hurting from the throw. He thought back to what Darren had said for what seemed like a thousand times. Even if Darren was right in the end…how could he change, in what way could he actually change his way of thinking. “It isn’t that easy…asshole.”

“Damn it where is he I gotta battle him again,” Allison frowned and leaned against her chair. She was inside of the newspaper club room along with Miko and Claudia, who were in turn confused as to her reasons for being there.

“Allison…why are you here?” Miko asked with a raised eyebrow and narrowed eyes. The first year girl scanned the two upperclassmen with inquisitive eyes. She then flashed them with a look of superiority and disbelief; as if she was astounded that they had to ask.

“Well obviously I’m waiting for Mr. Whitey to come here so that we can have a battle,” Allison fumed and inflated her cheeks in a childish manner. “I wasn’t able to do anything in the field trip, I even got kicked around so easily and scared…I’m ashamed, so I wanna kick his ass to prove that I’m still strong!” she announced into the sky and pumped her fist in confidence; by this point neither Miko nor Claudia were paying attention to her. “Don’t ignore me,” she pouted.

“Bottom line here is that you’re drowning in a puddle,” Miko deadpanned. “It doesn’t matter if you lost, the fact that you practically came out of unscathed should be good, besides you worrying so much about battling Darren will just make him annoyed at you more,” she explained wisely while wagging her finger.

Of course, most of what she said went inside one ear and out the other for Allison, the girl frowned and looked away shyly. “How should I say this…I didn’t want to be alone,” she pouted and looked down at the floor. “I don’t know anyone here and…”

“Why didn’t you just say so?” Claudia asked, her curiosity allowing her to talk now. “I mean you just had to tell us and we would’ve accepted you here.”

“Well I didn’t want you to say no,” Allison shook her head. “Everyone in this academy is always treating me like a nuisance but really I don’t know any other way to talk to people,” she sighed in frustration. Claudia and Miko looked at each other in confusion, they were definitely wrong about Allison but did she really have no way to approach others.

“You can join the club if you want,” Miko suggested with a smile. “I think you’ll fit in just fine.” A small shine was seemed from Allison’s eye as she smiled at the two girls in response.

Students were coming out of the castle and entering the main campus of the school. Darren frowned and looked around, he was sort of happy that he was done with the make up work but was already annoyed by attending class so often. “I guess I can skip tomorrow.” He muttered.

“Darren Schifer.” Darren raised his head and turned around. In front of him stood a teenager that seemed to be older than him. He had long platinum colored hair that was kept down and a pair of glowing grey colored eyes. The thing that got Darren’s attention the most was the long sleeved white colored jacket he wore; which in turn had the end of the sleeves and the neck in a black color. He also wore a pair of matching black jeans and a cross hanging from his neck.

Darren looked around the crowd, noticing that some people seemed to have gathered around and began talking. They seemed to know who the student was; and from what he heard, he was in trouble. “Who wants to know?” Darren asked with a rather annoyed voice.

“I’m sorry for my rudeness,” the boy put his right arm over his chest and bowed his head slightly. “I shouldn’t have interrupted you and I should’ve introduced myself first.” He raised his head once more and looked at Darren. “My name is Keith Gray and I’m a third year student of the Houndoom Darkness dorm.”

Darren’s memory began to jog back and he scanned the student once more. It must’ve been because of his uniform but after inspecting his face he was able to recognize who he was talking to he smirked confidently and grinned. “So you’re the famous Keith Gray, the so called strongest in the school. Finally got off your ass and decided to talk to me huh?”

“Oh. I think you’re misunderstanding me.” Keith raised his hand slightly and put it over his face. He opened his fingers just enough so that his grey eyes were visible to Darren; the expression in them showing a cold deathly stare. “I’m here on business…you seem to have skipped a lot of classes, thus violating the rules.”

“What are you gonna do about it?” Darren smirked.

“Nothing that hasn’t been allowed for me to do.”

Fin yawned loudly while he and Reggie made their way through the hall of the castle. The sun was just beginning to set on the academy and after hanging out with Reggie in the newspaper club room…he was bored. “Man, ever since the field trip things have gotten quiet again…I’m glad you actually came though,” he smiled.

“I have to keep coming from time to time,” Reggie nodded his head. He hadn’t spoken much, mostly because he was still indecisive about what Darren had said to him earlier that morning. “Hey Fin…do you think I’m selfish?”

“Yes.” Fin replied without a care in the world.

“You don’t have to be so quick!” Reggie exclaimed in disbelief, was he really so selfish that Fin didn’t even take a second to think about it.

“You asked me a question so I answered,” Fin shrugged. “Everyone’s selfish in their own way don’t think too much of it. Yes you are selfish but I don’t blame you I’m way more selfish than you are.” Fin shook his head slightly. A calm expression suddenly crossed his face. “I guess the only thing I can tell you is that you should just make sure not to be too selfish…yeah exactly, be selfish, but less selfish than the others.”

“Never give advice to people, please.” Reggie frowned.

“Hey I was just being honest. Selfishness is something inevitable, it’s best to accept it and try to change it rather than try to fake that you don’t have it,” Fin shrugged; not showing any sign of caring towards the subject.

Suddenly they were able to hear the rushed cries coming from down below, urging for the two of them to look out the window.

Reggie gasped in disbelief as his eyes stared at the scene down below. There was a large crowd of students gathered in front of the entrance; but it still allowed Reggie to see all he needed and wanted to see.

There was a Escavalier floating above the ground with its lance raised and a look of pride on its face. Its head pointed downwards as it looked down at its defeated opponents.

Darren’s Charizard was lying down on the ground; its body considerably beat up. But that wasn’t what alarmed Reggie, no, what alarmed him was the unconscious body of Darren lying on the floor; his body looking equally beat up.

Time began to slow down in front of Reggie…there he was, the strongest and most fearsome trainer he had ever faced, lying on the floor soundly defeated. “What is going on here?”

To Be Continued…

End of Chapter 17
    Next Time: Meet the Enforcers

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast