EVERYONE: Pokejourney!

Thread: Pokejourney!

Visit Kwame120's Youtube Channel

Default Pokejourney!

So...this story is set in Kanto, and is about the journey of some Pokemon trainers. Hence the title. So...enjoy!

Contents
    Prolouge - Look below
    Chapter 1 - Below the below
    Chapter 2 - There we go!
    Chapter 3 - Um...This is it?

Prolouge

Right on que. So here I am. I, Maximus Protag, ready to step out for my first battle. My first Pokemon league battle. This feeling of nervousness...that's quite unlike me. I guess that means that I might not quite be ready. But I've got this far...so I may as well win.

And Chapter 1

Maximus was ready. His first day of his first journey. Unless you count collecting Pokemon eggs as a journey. More like...a chore. Unless they hatch along to way.
    As you might have guessed, Maximus is beginning his Pokemon journey, as a trainer. Normally helping out with the Pokemon eggs on his family's farm (or whatever you want to call it), he'd decided that aged 12 he was old enough to start. Most of his friends had started already, anyway.
    His partner was Pichu. There's a good story on how they met, but that's for another chapter. So, Maximus looked back, at the farm. His family had already waved him off, older sister, younger brother, father, mother, grandfather. He had the Pokemon egg in his bag, as was customary for starting trainers of his family, and just needed to take a step. That step off his farm in Hithena, that meant more than all the previous steps. That step starting off his journey, starting off his adventure.

He took the step.

Que Chapter 1 ending.

Well, I hope you liked it. See you next time!
    Last edited by Kwame120; 17th July 2011 at 12:39 PM.

Default Re: Pokejourney!

And now I've decided to give the chapters names.

Chapter 2 - Meeting the fiery one!

Max(imus) stopped. He looked around, and saw no one. But he could feel the presence...of someone. Someone was there watching him. He looked up, and saw no one. He looked to the left, but once again, no one was there. He looked to the right, and no one was there also. He then looked back to the front and froze in fear and surprise. Standing in front of him, was someone his size, but not his age. He looked older, but still young. Mid-twenties. But what he was surprised by, is how he got there unnoticed. It probably had something to do with his attire, though. It looked almost invisible, but still clearly visible. It faded in and out of view, like something a ninja would wear. And then he was gone. Max had blinked. But in his hands, was a round, familiar, red, ball. A pokeball, as fellow fans would know.
    "Anyone out there?!" Max shouted, and looked around for the ninja. "You kind of left your pokeball!" But there was no answer and nothing faded into view. So Max, being the responsible young person he is, kept on walking down the path, with his new pokeball.

Soon, he saw some new scenery. Instead of slightly rocky terrain, with mainly trees, rocks and grass, the path became more clear, smooth and green. He realised after a while, that he was passing pallet town, a town he often visited to deliever pokemon eggs to Professor Oak. He stopped for a minute, and thought while breathing the clear fresh air. He could carry on going, or he could visit Professor Oak. Going on had it's benefits, he'd get to the gyms earlier, and maybe not have to camp out. But visiting Professor Oak would be more sociable, and enjoyable. After a sigh of happiness, quite rare these days, he headed straight for pallet town, and in twenty minutes was on his way out. It had appeared that Professor Oak wasn't in, probably doing research or something sciencey. But then he saw her. Eyes of of calm ocean blue, and hair as brown as the bark on the most magnificent tree. She had an air of, authority around her. Someone who would have you watching the words as they come out of your mouth. He approached her, of course, and said the first thing that came to his mind and didn't scream of utter desperation.
    "Are you a Pokemon trainer?" She turned around, her eyes burning with passion. He guessed that this meant yes.
    "You first," she said. But it sounded more like a command.
    Max reached into his pocket, then realised something. Something that scared him a lot. He'd left his Pichu in a pokeball. Big mistake. Max was influenced by many current and old pokemon stars, and one of them had kept his Pikachu out of its ball. So Max had done it. Role modelling at its greatest. So Pichu hated it, preferred the open air. So Max was going to have to rely on the new pokeball he'd recieved.
    "Go random pokemon!" And out came Charmander. Cute to many, deadly to some. It's tail lit up like a torch, it brightened the mood up a bit. And Max had hope. Until he saw the new girl's smile. A smile of pure confidence. She threw the pokeball. And out came Squirtle.

And there ends Chapter 2. I do hope you enjoyed it, so enjoy the rest of your day.

Chapter 3 - Two's Company

"Squirtle! Bubble!" Water, in the form of harmless looking bubbles, shot from Squirtle right to Charmander in a harmful looking speed.
    "Charmander! Dodge!" Charmander jumped out of the way, right in the nick of time. And Max put his hand straight into his pocket in order to pull out his Pokedex to check Charmander's moves. The Pokedex...he didn't have.
    "Bubble again!" Called the mystery girl. Squirtle shot forth bubbles once more, and Max realised that he needed to counteract, with a move he knew a fire type had to know.
    "Charmander! Ember!" Tiny flames shot right to the bubbles from Charmander's mouth. But as predicted, the bubbles simply went right through them.
    "Erm...use...scratch?" Charmander scratched. Pity there was nothing in from of him. At this moment, the bubbles crashed into Charmander, causing a reaction that's over the top to anyone who's not a Pokemon fan - Charmander fell backwards.
    "Now! Screech! Nothing? Growl!" Charmander growled, quite loudly, and Squirtle winced. "Now! Scratch!" Charmander jumped forwards, and just as he scratched (yes, a he) Squirtle withdrew into his shell, from a command of the girl.
    "Tackle!" Squirtle came out of it's shell, and crashed right into Charmander. Charmander fell backwards, and was out, the elusive 10 second faint.
    "Return." Said Max, a little disappointed, as Charmander returned to the pokeball in red plasma.
    "I'm Samantha, by the way." Said the girl. "It was a pleasure fighting you-"
    "Hey, I'm not done yet." Replied Max. "I've still got one Pokemon left - but he doesn't like pokeballs."
    "So, where is it?"
    "Um...Pichu. Out you go." Max took a giant step back and released Pichu. As soon as Pichu was out, he was hit by a jolt of yellow electricity, and jumped backwards. Shaking it off. He'd got used to it, but still didn't like it.
    "Nice," said Samantha. "I'll enjoy...winning. Squirtle! Bubble!"
    "Pichu! Return!" Pichu charged right through the bubbles, and crashed right into Squirtle, much to Samantha's amazement.
    "Now Pichu! Thunder Shock!"
    "Squirtle! Withdraw!" Squirtle withdrew into it's shell, but it was in vain. The yellow electricity knocked it right out, and Samantha was forced to return it to it's Pokeball.
    "Next up," she said, "Pidgey! Go!" Out of the familiar red plasma came a Pidgey, healthy, and looking very fast.
    "Gust!" Pidgey flapped it's wings, and created a strong gust of wind, so strong that the plants faced away.
    "Hold on!" Shouted Max. "Pichu! Thundershock!"
    "Dodge!"
    "Return!"
    "Dodge!"
    "Charm!"
    "Dodge!"
    Pichu was exhausted. Pidgey, however, looked like it still had life in it. It was flapping it's wings slowly, but it looked more lazy than tired. Looking to Samantha, she gave the command.
    "Pidgey! Finish it! Gust!" It shot straight to Pichu, and Max smiled. Why, do you ask? This is why.
    "Pichu! Return!" Pichu shot straight at Pidgey, and was about to crash into it when -
    "Protect!" Pidgey was surrounded by a green bubble, and Pichu crashed into it, and fell back. "Now Pidgey! Tackle!"
    Pidgey shot to Pichu, and was crashed into it, both of them heading to the ground at high speed.
    "Pichu!" Called Max. "Do it now! The wheel of thunder! Thundershock and spin!" Pichu electrocuted Pidgey, both surrounded in a crackling glow of yellow light. Then Pichu span, and they shot towards the ground, even faster. As soon as they were about to hit, Pichu, using Pidgey as a board, jumped off, and rolled as he hit the ground, and Pidgey fell straight down.
    "Look's like a win for me." Said Max, as Samantha returned Pidgey. Max held out his Pokeball, but Pichu gave him a look of pure spite, and Max hasitly returned the ball.
    "Well," said Sam. "I guess you're off to collect badges as well, then."
    "Yep," replied Max, unconsciously pulling his hair back to look as presentable as possible. "Next up, the Boulder badge!"
    "That's not wise," said Sam. "You've only got an electric and fire type. You're best bet would be the Viridian Forest gym."
    "What Viridian forest gym?"
    "It's very well hidden." Sam smiled, and pointed in the direction of Viridian Forest. "I'll take you there - but first, you've got something to take care of."
    "What?" Asked Max, looking confused. "I don't know of anything to take care of."
    "What about the challenger right behind you?"
    Max turned around, and jumped in surprise.
    "Hi."

And there ends Chapter 3. Maybe see you next time!

Chapter 4 - Three's a crowd

"And there we have it. Viridian Forest." Timothy smiled, and turned to Max and Sam. "Still a good way away."
    "And so's the nearest Pokemon centre," Sam(antha) added.
    "I'm telling you he only beat me because I'd just battled," protested Max. Ten minutes of walking time and a tea break earlier, Tim(othy) had thrashed Max. He'd beaten him to an absolute pulp, not a scratch or a return had hit the Spearow that did it so gracefully. Tim was also a new trainer, but not as new as our first protagonists, he'd already come from Viridian to Pallet, in order to see Professor Oak. But just like Max had experienced, he wasn't there. And Sam, being the wonderful and helpful person that she is, had been teasing and taunting Max ever since.

They carried on walking for another half an hour, headed for Viridian, as it had the nearest Pokemon centre. They also needed to pass through it in order to get to Viridian Forest, and the supposed 'Viridan Forest Gym'. Both Max and Tim were quite skeptical of it's existence however. I'm from Viridian myself, Tim had said. I'm sure I'd have heard of this...gym. Max had agreed completely. And after a while, Viridian city was in full view, only about twenty minutes away. They took a step forwards and -
    "Can you hear a helicopter?" Everyone stopped, and started at Sam. "I said, can you hear a helicopter?" Sam repeated. Max shook his head, but Sam signalled for him to stop. They both stood there, intently listening, and Tim nodded his head. Max then nodded his. Then, in complete synchronisation, all three protagonists looked up, and there it was. It wasn't quite a helicopter, but the sound of the whirring chopper sold it as that. It was much, more, intimidating.

It was shaped like a fat plane, much bulkier, it was an airship. Although my dramatic devices showed it as enormous, it wasn't that big. Only half the size of a plane, but it did not stop. Instead you could hear the sound of something opening, and two ridiculously dressed people jumped out, known to the Pokemon fanbase as grunts.

So...what are they doing here? Find out on the next...Pokejourney!