Thread: Pokémon - Joshua's Journey

追放されたバカ
    Where both beef and dreams are super-sized
    Blog Entries

Default Pokémon - Joshua's Journey

My first fanfiction.
    ---------------------------------
    Chapter 1

The sunlight shone through the partially opened curtains, flooding the room. Laying in his bed, Joshua opened his eyes with excitement, for tomorrow was the day he began his Pokémon journey.
    Jumping out of the bed, he ran out of his room, slamming the door on the way out. He ran so fast, he almost knocked over his mother, who was in the kitchen cooking breakfast.
    “Where are you going in such a hurry?” she asked him quizzically.
    “Nowhere important,” Joshua responded as he hurried out the door. Dashing down the cobblestone path from the front door to the main road of his town. Pausing to catch his breath, he turned and started walking down the road. His mind was focused on two things, tomorrow and what Pokémon he was going to choose for his starter.
    It was due to his mind being focused on this and the fact that he wasn’t even paying much attention to what he was doing in the first place, that his foot got caught on a root that was sticking out through a crack in the sidewalk.
    “Argh!” he groaned in pain as he tripped and fell onto the concrete sidewalk. Checking himself for any injuries, he noticed he had a fairly large scrape on his left knee. Clenching his teeth, Joshua just glimpsed the movement in the bushes. “W-who’s there?” he yelled out.
    The bushes continued to move slightly.
    “Come now, I won’t hurt you,” he called out reassuringly.” As soon as he said this a Cleffa stepped out from the bushes.
    “Cleffa?” it said shyly.
    “Aww, it’s a Cleffa,” Joshua muttered to himself, “Don’t worry, I won’t hurt you. I promise.” He smiled reassuringly.
    “Fa?” it said confused, slightly stepping back toward the bushes.
    “I know what to do,” he said quietly. Reaching into his pocket, he took out a bag of gummy Caterpie, pulling open the bag, Joshua reached in and pulled out a green one, and tossed it gently toward the Cleffa.
    “Huh?” the Cleffa said as it walked toward the gummy Caterpie. Look at it, the Cleffa picked it up in it’s little hands and took a large bite out of it. “CLEFFA!” it cried out happily before eating the rest of the gummy. Seeing this, Joshua decided to give the rest of the bag of gummy Caterpie to the Cleffa. The Cleffa walked up to him, grabbed the bag from his hands, and happily skipped back into the bushes.
    “Oooh, I should get a bandage,” Joshua calmly said, remembering his scraped knee. Getting off the ground, he ran back home and, once more, almost knocked over his mother.
    “What’re you doing back so quickly?” his mother asked him.
    “Scraped knee, need bandage,” he replied as he was reaching for the box of bandages on the oak kitchen table. Pulling apart the cover on the bandage, he quickly slapped the bandage onto his injured knee.
    “I told you that you should be careful,” his mother told him, somewhat mockingly.
    “Well, it’s not really my fault that I wasn’t,” he paused momentarily. “Okay, maybe it was my fault.”
    “I see,” his mother said. “Anyways, I just finished making you a sandwich for when you got back. Since your back, you want it?”
    “Yeah, sure,” he responded, grabbing the sandwich from the table. Taking a large bite out of it, he began to chew it loudly. “What’s in this?”
    “Ham and mayo,” his mother answered.
    “Mayo?” he said surprised. Putting the sandwich down onto the table, he stared intently at his mother. “I don’t like mayo.”
    “Well, that’s all we had,” his mother told him sternly. “You don’t like it, you don’t get a sandwich.”
    “Fine,” he grumbled, picking the sandwich back up off the table. He took another large bite and began to speak again, crumbs flying out of his mouth as he did. “You know, I saw a Cleffa when I was out.”
    “A Cleffa? Isn’t that the baby of form of, oh, what’s that Pokémon’s name,” his mother wondered out loud.
    “Clefairy,” Joshua responded, still munching on the sandwich.
    “That’s right!” his mother exclaimed. “Also, don’t talk when you eat, you get crumbs everywhere.”
    “My bad,” he apologized, swallowing the piece of sandwich. He walked over to the fridge and pulled the door open. “Got anything good to drink?”
    “I got some Grape PokéSoda from the market, you can have that,” his mother replied.
    “In the cans or a bottle?” he asked, looking around the fridge.
    “I think it’s the cans, they were having a sale, I think,” his mother answered his question with uncertainty.
    “Ah! Here it is!” Joshua exclaimed as he pulled a purple can out from the fridge, slamming the fridge door shut with his foot, he pulled open the tab on the can, and took a large swig from it. “You know, I’ve never actually read one of these cans.”
    “Who does?” was the reply from his mother, who had walked into the living room.
    “I AM!” he yelled back at her. Turning the can so the front was facing him, he read it. The can read POKéSODA GENGAR GRAPE FLAVOR. “Oh, so the flavor is Gengar Grape. That’s, well, that’s kinda clever. I guess.”
    “Joshua, you wanna go out to eat tonight?” his mother asked from the other room.
    “I guess, but I’m gonna go back outside for a little while,” he responded. “Be back in like an hour or so.”
    “Be safe!” his mother called out
    “Yeah, yeah,” he replied as he stepped out the door. As he walked down the path to the road, he felt one raindrop, then another, then another, by the time he got to the road, it had started pouring rain. Quickly turning around, he ran back up the path and opened the door, rushed inside, and closed the door before letting in any rain,
    “What happened to you?” his mother asked him worriedly.
    “I got wet,” he responded dryly.
    “Here,” his mother said, handing him a towel.
    “Thanks, mom” he replied, drying off his face with the towel. “Well, looks like I’ll be staying inside.”
    “And if the rain doesn’t let up, we might not go out,” his mother stated, looking out the window.
    “We could go tomorrow and it’s only two,” he remarked.
    “Yes, but the news says the rain might last ‘till around midnight,” his mother said with a sigh. Walking over to her chair, she fell in it with a thud.
    “Guess I’ll go try and decide what Pokémon I want to start with tomorrow,” Joshua said to himself as he climbed up the stairs to his room. Opening the door, he stepped into his room, took a deep breath, closed the door, jumped into bed, and turned on the TV. All while still pondering what Pokémon he wanted to start with.
    -------------------------------------------------
    Comments, should I give up?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokémon - Joshua's Journey

I want to read moar! Don't give up! Keep making moar! This fan fic is really good! So make moar!

Blog Entries

I can't wait to see what happens!
    Vaporeon, Flareon, Jolteon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, Glaceon.
    Can only evolve into one...

Blog Entries

KEEP GOING!!!

追放されたバカ
    Where both beef and dreams are super-sized
    Blog Entries

Chapter 2 (Credit to Eevee91 for helping me think up a name for the professor)
    -------------------
    Ring! Ring! Ring! The sounds of the alarm clock buzzed through the room. Woken suddenly by the noises, Joshua woke up in shock.

“I fell asleep?” he gasped. “What time is it?” Looking at the clock, he was relieved to see it was only eight am.

“Oh, you’re up,” said his mother as she entered the room. “You were asleep when I came into your room to tell you dinner was ready. But I didn’t want to wake you.” She smiled slightly.

“Lucky it’s only eight,” he replied. “If I had missed the Pokémon, I’d be the laughingstock of all my friends.” He leaped out of the bed.

“But don’t Pokémon Professors usually have a few extra? Just in case,” his mother queried.

“Yeah, but all the good ones will be gone,” Joshua moaned. Picking up the covers from the floor, he carelessly tossed them onto the bed.

“You should get dressed, you’ve got to go in about an hour. Your breakfast is on the table,” his mother told him as she picked up some clothes of his off the floor and put them into a laundry basket. “You should have some clean clothes when you get back.”

“Whatever,” he replied as he walked out the door.

“Kids,” his mother said to herself, shaking her head.

Entering the kitchen, Joshua spotted the bowl of cereal his mother had set out for him. Pulling the wooden chair out, he sat in the chair and scooted the chair back to the table. Placing a spoon into the bowl, he began munching on the sugary cereal. Bored, he reached for the box and began to read the front. The box read EXTRA SUGARY POKéCEREAL with FREE PRIZE. “Jeez, why does everything start with Poké?” Joshua thought to himself as he finished the last bit of cereal.

“Done with your cereal?” asked his mother as she entered the dining room.

“Yeah,” responded Joshua as he got up from the table. “I’m gonna go change and then go to the Professors.” He began to walk towards the bathroom.

“Hey, I gotta ask, it’s only around eight twenty, you still got forty minutes. Why you in such a hurry?” his mother queried.

“Well,” he began to respond. “I want to try and get a good Pokémon, don’t I. Don’t wanna end up having to start with a Magikarp or something.”

“Kids,” his mother sighed oncemore.

Dashing down the path to the road, Joshua happily kicked a stone into the air. Still running, he almost knocked Mr. Takahashi, who was carrying groceries, over. Turning at the corner near the Poké Mart, he soon reached Professor Ashton’s laboratory. However, much like he had expected, a crowd of other kids who were also beginning there Pokémon journeys that day had begun to form.

“Hey man!” a kid yelled out to him.

“Hey!” Joshua yelled back.

“What Pokémon do you want to start with?” another kid who had went next to him asked.

“Personally, I want something like a Koffing or something,” Joshua responded with a smirk.

“A Koffing?” the kid replied. “You sure Ashton has those?”

“Well,” Joshua began to reply. “That pamphlet we all got that lists all the Pokémon you can choose as your starter has Koffing listed on them.”

“It does, dude?” the kid asked. “I didn’t remember seeing Koffing.”

“I brought it with me, just in case,” Joshua responded, taking a piece of paper out of his pocket. “Look here, Pokémon Available to Beginners, now let’s go down to K. Koffing, Krabby.”

“Oh!” the kid exclaimed.

“See Marcus?” Joshua said, putting the pamphlet back in his pocket. “Say, what Pokémon do you want?”

“Ooh! Ooh! I want to get a Geodude!” Marcus responded excitedly.

“A Geodude?” Joshua responded puzzled.

“Yes, a Geodude. I wanna be like Brock from Kanto and become a Rock-Type Gym Leader,” Marcus told Joshua with hope in his eyes.

“I don’t really wanna be a Gym Leader or anything like that,” Joshua told him. “Do I want to beat the Gyms? Yes, but I also want to have fun.”

“That’s good,” Marcus said with a smile. “Oh! Professor Ashton’s coming. I think we’re gonna get our starters soon.” As Marcus and Joshua both looked on, the doors of the laboratory opened and Professor Ashton stepped out. Ashton is in his mid-seventies, has short gray hair, is balding, and walks with a slight limp. He wears a pair of reading glasses and has a look of seriousness on his face. But, hidden by the look, is a fun-loving man.

“Hello everyone,” Ashton greets the audience of young trainers. “Today, you begin your Pokémon journeys. Now, I’ll need you all to get into a straight line so this will go by smoothly.” Nearly as soon as he finished his statement, all the kids arranged themselves into a straight line.

“Not many kids,” Marcus whispered to Joshua.

“Yeah,” he replied. “I thought there’d be more.”

“Let’s see how many there are,” Ashton announced, counting all the kids there. “Nineteen, twenty, twenty-one. There are twenty-one of you here today. That’s actually surprisingly small, not a lot of kids turned ten this past year, eh?” He chuckled to himself.

“You first young man,” one of Ashton’s assistants told the boy who was first in line.

“Hello,” Ashton greeted the boy as he walked towards him. “What Pokémon do you want to start with?”

“Umm, I want a Squirtle,” the boy said shyly.

“I’m sorry, we don’t have a Squirtle,” Ashton replied.

“B-b-but, I want one,” the boy said, somewhat annoyed.

“Well we don’t have one!” Ashton told him, visibly annoyed.

“WELL I WANT A SQUIRTLE!” the boy screamed angrily.

“You want a Squirtle?” Ashton laughed. “Go to Kanto and ask Professor Oak!”

“Where’s Kanto?” the boy asked hopefully.

“Not here,” Ashton replied.

“Well can you catch a Squirtle?” asked the boy.

“No,” Ashton replied calmly. “You know what, how about I pick a Pokémon for you.” He reached into the box of Poké Balls, pulled one out, and read the name on the ball. “How about a nice Totodile? That’s a Water-Type.” He handed the Poké Ball to the boy.

“But it’s not a Squirtle,” the boy said with anger in his eyes.

“You know what?” Ashton replied, snatching the Poké Ball from the boy. “NO POKéMON FOR YOU! COME BACK ONE YEAR!”

“Ouch,” Joshua told Marcus.

“Yeah,” he replied. “Don’t wanna tick him off, do we?”

“No way man.”

As Joshua waited for his turn to pick a Pokémon, he noted what Pokémon some of the kids had chosen. His neighbor’s daughter Paula had chosen a Chikorita, a blonde-haired boy chose a Pidgey, a blonde-haired girl, most likely his sister, chose an Ekans.

“It’s your turn young man,” said Ashton’s assistant.

“Huh?” Joshua replied, taken by shock.

“It’s your turn,” the assistant replied.

“Okay,” he told him, walking up to Ashton.

“Hello Joshua,” Ashton greeted him. “How’s Lisa?”

“She’s fine,” he responded.

“Good,” Ashton said with a smile. “Now, what Pokémon do you want to start with?”

“I think I’ll start with Ko-” Joshua began to say, before noticing something moving in the bushes.

“What’s wrong?” asked Ashton.

“There’s something in the bushes,” he replied. Observing the bushes, they kept rustling and rustling.

“Yes,” Ashton responded, looking into the bushes too. “I think it’s a Pokémon.”

As Professor Ashton and Joshua both observed the rustling bushes, a Cleffa stepped out from them.

“Cleffa?” it said shyly.

“A Cleffa?” Ashton said to himself. “Those are rare here.”

“Clef?” it said, looking around.

“I think I’ve seen this one,” Joshua told Ashton.

“You did?” he asked.

“Cleffa!” the Cleffa exclaimed as it saw Joshua. The Cleffa began running toward him. Upon reaching him, it began cheering and began to do a little dance.

“I think it likes you,” Ashton joked.

“I think it does, too,” responded Joshua. “Well, I wanted to start with a Koffing, but I think Cleffa wants to be my starter.”

“I think it does, too,” replied Ashton. “Well then, take this Poké Ball and gently toss it at the Cleffa to catch it.” He handed Joshua a Poké Ball.

“Alright,” he said. Holding the Poké Ball in his hand, he looked down at the Cleffa, and tossed it at the Cleffa.

“Cleffa!” the Cleffa cheered as the Poké Ball opened and captured it.

“Here you go,” Ashton told Joshua. “Here’s a Pokédex, and five Poké Balls. Good-bye and good luck.”

“Bye,” Joshua said as he walked back home to get his stuff for his journey. As he walked, to his surprise, Cleffa burst out of its Poké Ball and jumped into, and fell asleep in, his arms.
    -----------------
    Okay, I wanted Chapter 2 to be shorter. And Lisa is Joshua's mother's first name.
    Last edited by Preußen; 18th April 2010 at 12:44 AM.

Blog Entries

I really like this story.

And I'm also wondering why everything starts with poke.
    Vaporeon, Flareon, Jolteon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, Glaceon.
    Can only evolve into one...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by eevee91 View Post
    I really like this story.

And I'm also wondering why everything starts with poke.
    me too
    guess they do that not to be copyright or something

May Still Have Hope TeamGalacticMercury's Avatar

Pick out your problems. There are 3. (for first chapter too)

A) Spacing
    B) Description
    C) basically all dialog
    D) too short

Answer: A, B, C

Hope this helps.