Pokémon GK: Volume Two - The Sevii Islands

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon GK: Volume Two - The Sevii Islands

Le Choléra Jabberwocky's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Jabberwocky on Facebook
    Follow Jabberwocky on Tumblr

Default Pokémon GK: Volume Two - The Sevii Islands

This volume's opening is Kokoro no Chizu.

Prologue: Legend of the Sea of Prosperity

Millennia ago, there was an explorer named Jaz Erummo. In his day, the world was a vast and mysterious place, and people were scrambling to explore and discover new lands to claim for their nation.

Erummo, however, made perhaps one of the greatest discoveries of all.

He found a sea, just beyond Orange’s Islands, that contained new, unexplored islands filled with native people… and treasure. Every single island had a large quantity of gold, silver, and jewels. Gathering up as much as he could carry at each location after befriending the locals, Erummo navigated and charted the entirety of the sea, which he dubbed the Sea of Prosperity. Erummo placed the majority of his treasure in the chain’s final island, then left, taking the map and one of the priests he’d befriended with him.

In time, more adventurers arrived in the sea, hoping to claim its treasure for themselves. Many of these were pirates, who ransacked the islands and stole away the islands’ women. The people began sending out delegates to Erummo to tell him of their plight.

Sympathetic to the islanders, Erummo used untold powers to seal the sea off, and only his map could unlock it again. He hid clues to the maps whereabouts all across the Sevii Islands, and had the pirest hide the map himself. However, the priest was killed by pirates soon after.

The former entrance to the Sea of Prosperity can still be seen today. However, it just appears as a gigantic boulder sticking out of the ocean.

Erummo knew that someday, one of his descendants would return to the Sea of Prosperity and claim the treasure that was rightfully theirs. That is why he made the map into a key, instead of sealing the sea off completely and forever. He left the location of the first clue in a note to his son, which has been passed down the family for generations. Many of them have searched far and wide for the clue, but all have come back empty handed.

Silv finished his story. “I am an Emmo,” he said. “I am one of Jaz Erummo’s descendants. I wish to find the Sea of Prosperity and reclaim my family’s fortune. That is why I want to go to the Sevii Islands with you two. To find the clues.”

“Sounds fun,” grinned Gary. “I’m always up for an adventure!”

“Count me in,” agreed Leaf.

“An adventure, eh?” came a voice. All of the occupants of Gary’s bedroom harked to see Ash, Misty, Gary Oak, and Dana standing in the doorway.

“When are you three leaving?” asked Misty.

“The tickets say that we’ll do so in three days,” replied Leaf.

“That soon, huh?” said Ash. “Well, we’d better give the birthday boy presents while we still can, then.” He handed Gary a package, which contained half of a ribbon.

“You’re giving me your ribbon half?!” exclaimed Gary.

“Yup,” said ash. “You’ve earned it, champ.”

“Here’s mine,” said Misty. It was a brand-new Pokédex.

“This Pokédex is much more comprehensive than your old SP model,” said Misty. “It’s called the BP model.”

“Cool! Thanks!” said Gary.

“My turn,” smiled Dana. She handed Gary a yellow metal block that had clear glass on its sides, so Gary could see its insides, which were coursing with electricity.

“It’s called an Electrizer,” explained Dana. “I have a feeling it’ll come in handy someday.”

“It certainly looks cool,” laughed Gary. “Thanks.”

“And finally, my gift,” said Gary Oak, handing the young Trainer a Poké Ball. Your other fossil was revived at Cinnabar. Here’s the Pokémon.

Gary opened the Poké Ball, and a Pokémon that somewhat resembled a horseshoe crab popped out.

“Kaaaaaaaaaabuto!” it sang.

“Nice!” said Gary. “Thanks, Prof!” he said to his namesake.

Kitty suddenly remembered something and began rummaging through her bag. “Hey, Leaf, since you’ll be gone before your birthday comes along, I figured I’d give you your present early.”

“A p-present? F-for me?” Leaf stammered. “Really, there’s no reason to…”

“Naw, I insist!” said Kitty. She pulled half of a ribbon, a mirror image of Gary’s, from her bag and handed it to Leaf.

“M-my mom’s ribbon half!” said Leaf. “I lost this a year ago!”

“Me and Gary found it on the road,” said Kitty. “I put it in my bag and immediately forgot about it.”

“Thank you so much!” said Leaf, beaming. “This means so much to me!”

“Hey, Leaf, now we’re all matchy! Said Gary holding up his half. Leaf blushed upon hearing this, and Misty and Ash exchanged knowing glances.

Three days later, Gary Ketchum, Leaf Birch, and Silv Emmo were on a boat bound for the Sevii Islands, with an arrival scheduled for the following day.

A brand-new adventure filled with challenges and thrills was about to begin.

/////////////////////////////////////////////

Next Time: “Arrival! The Sevii Islands”
    Last edited by Jabberwocky; 19th May 2010 at 02:34 PM.

Blog Entries

Follow revolvingscott on Tumblr

Default Re: Pokémon GK: Volume Two - The Sevii Islands

A good, albeit slightly cliché prologue. It grabs the reader's attention and makes them want to read more, good work. :]

Blog Entries

Danke. Apologies for the shortness, hopefully chapter one will be longer.

Quote Originally Posted by QuestionableTendency View Post
    A good, albeit slightly cliché prologue. It grabs the reader's attention and makes them want to read more, good work. :]
    What he said. Really good stuff!

Credit for the amazingly awesome banner goes to Blazaking EX!!!
    Credit for the equally awesome Avatar goes to 'Kingdra!!!
    My Fanfiction account, reveiws welcome

Blog Entries

Anyway! Chapter one will be up later this week (I'll have ample time on Thurs. and Fri. to write, since I'll be done with the TAKS those days in like 30 minutes and then have no school).

Blog Entries

It may have been cliche, it may have been short, but that's how the rest of the story should be!

Just keep on adding description and more narration! I'll be reading.

A lone detective takes it upon himself to solve the murder of a young woman, willingly diving into the dangerous web of conspiracies weaved by the feuding mafia families. But after the truth is uncovered, will that city of sin be the same ever again?

May Still Have Hope TeamGalacticMercury's Avatar

Nice! I like it!
    Last edited by TeamGalacticMercury; 20th May 2010 at 07:59 PM.

Blog Entries

Chapter 1: Arrival! The Sevii Islands

Kite Austin stood in front of his stadium, breathing deeply the island air. He much preferred the weather here to that of Biru: here it was nice and warm nearly year-round. In Biru it was always rather chilly.

Today was the day that the Biru League officially began. The two finalists from the Kanto League tournament had both been invited to be the League’s beta testers, as it were. Hopefully that would generate enough media buzz to let the League have a full set of competitors next year.

He turned and re-entered the stadium. Best prepare for whoever would rise to challenge him.

“What do you mean, I can’t enter the Sevii League?” asked an aghast Gary Ketchum.

“'Zactly what it sounds like, kid,” the man at the desk said. “We ain’t open yet to normal challengers. Only the two Kanto League finalists got invited.”

“Hold on,” said Silv. “When did you send out these invitations?”

“Yesterday,” said the man.

“Well, no wonder we didn’t get it,” muttered Silv. “Sir, this is Gary Ketchum, one of the finalists.”

“Is that so?” chuckled the man. “Never heard that one before. Hold on, I’ll check the files.” He pulled out a manila folder and opened it. His jaw dropped. “Well, I’ll be,” he said. “It seems that you are Gary Ketchum, after all!” He laughed. “Sorry ‘bout that; people have been trying to get into the League by claimin’ that they’re one of the finalists. Here’s your Badge case.” He handed Gary a blue box.

“Glad that’s cleared up,” said Leaf. “Aren’t you, Silv?”

“Uh,” Silv grunted.

Leaf frowned. Silv was perfectly chatty with Gary. Why not with her?

“Should we start heading out?” asked Silv. Gary nodded. “Sure thing,” he said. “How about we find that clue before I tackle the first Gym?”

“That sounds fine to me,” said Silv.

“Leaf, what do you think?” Gary asked.

“I’m fine either way,” she replied.

“Let’s get going, then!”

Torgo Matamata stifled a yawn. Why was he still tired? He’d had his coffee today. He shrugged and headed to his Gym’s bleachers to rest for a while. He lowered his baseball cap over his eyes and went to sleep.

The two teenagers and Sneasel were watching from the doorway.

“Yes! It worked!” celebrated Kit quietly.

“It was child’s play to sneak that sleeping pill into the guy’s coffee,” whispered Billy.

“Now all that’s left is to complete the heist!” finished the talking Pokémon between them.

“Wyyyyyyyyyynaut!” said a blue Pokémon, popping out of Billy’s Poké Ball.

“Get – back – in – there!” said Billy. “You’re going to wake him up!”

“Let’s hurry, before the drugs wear off!” said Kit.

“Right,” Billy agreed.

They tiptoed into the building and entered the room where all of the Gym Leader’s Poké Balls were being held.

“The boss will love us for this,” squealed Kit.

“Yeah,” said Sneasel. Suddenly, it bumped into one of the shelves that adorned the room. All at once, Poké Balls began cascading down. The trio screamed. The noise woke Torgo up, and he rushed into the room.

“Rockets!” he cried, startled. “Exeggutor, blast ‘em away!”

A Pokémon that resembled a palm tree appeared. Its multiple heads glowed purple, and Team Rocket was launched out of the building.

“Looks like Team rocket’s blasting off a…”

“Wynaut!”

“…gain.”

Back in Kanto, Kitty Ketchum was boarding the plane that would take her to Biru.

“See you soon!” her mother called out to her.

“Have fun! Don’t travel around with any Rockets this time!” her father added.

Kitty smiled at Ash’s statement. “Bye!” she called to her parents. “And don’t worry, I won’t!” she said to her father.
    The plane prepared to lift off.

Nero Julian spoke to Kenny over video-phone. “Have you successfully extracted Drew from prison?” he questioned.

“We have,” Kenny confirmed. “He’ll need medical attention, though. There are some abcesses on his face. I don’t know what could’ve done that to him.”

"See to it that he is healed, then,” said Nero. “You are dismissed.”

“Yes, sir.”

“So where is this first clue hidden, Silv?” Gary asked.

“Do you see that mountain over there?” Silv said, pointing.

“Yeah,” answered Gary.

“It’s actually a long-extinct volcano called Mount Ember,” explained Silv. “The reason no one in my family has ever been able to get to the clue is because it’s at the peak of Mt. Ember.”

“So… that’s where we have to go?”Gary said.

“Yes,” confirmed Silv.

“Sound like fun,” Gary said nervously.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Next Time: Billy and Kit have flashbacks! Plus, a look at the Hoenn Elite Four! See what happens in chapter 2: “Billy and Kit Persist! The Lies Told by Nero Julian!”

Blog Entries

Nice chapter!

Blog Entries

Follow revolvingscott on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by TeamGalacticMercury View Post
    Nice!
    *kicks on behalf of Jabber*
    [sarcasm]What a well thought out and meaningful post.[/sarcasm]

so i herd u liek treakos? Kimori-Hinoarashi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I just read this, volume one, and the prologue yesterday and today! This is a great story with lots of plot twists. It could use a little more detail, but then again, that's what I get criticized for, too. I can't wait for the next chapter!
    Read my Fanfic! Chapter 30 posted! A Legendary Journey is now on indefinite hiatus, but I am starting a new fic in Unova called eNsnared.

Thanks to cledispop for my Avatar!

I! AM NOT! A MORON! Sith Droideka's Avatar

Searching for an ancient treasure, eh? And if the seas are closed off, how did all those trainers come in?
    ALL Pokémon Are EQUAL, But SOME Pokémon Are MORE EQUAL Than Others

Oceania is at war with Eurasia Eastasia Eurasia Eastasia, and has always been at war with them!

WAR IS PEACE. FREEDOM IS SLAVERY. IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH. GOD IS POWER.

Next PolySci/Econ Test: November 8, 2016; Your crash-course will begin January 2013.

Galvantula ≥ Kyurem > Mewtwo > Arceus

Blog Entries

What trainers?

I! AM NOT! A MORON! Sith Droideka's Avatar

The ones that claimed they were Gary.
    ALL Pokémon Are EQUAL, But SOME Pokémon Are MORE EQUAL Than Others

Oceania is at war with Eurasia Eastasia Eurasia Eastasia, and has always been at war with them!

WAR IS PEACE. FREEDOM IS SLAVERY. IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH. GOD IS POWER.

Next PolySci/Econ Test: November 8, 2016; Your crash-course will begin January 2013.

Galvantula ≥ Kyurem > Mewtwo > Arceus

Blog Entries

The SEAS aren't closed... the GYMS are. The League has ways of identifying who is and isn't meant to be taking the challenge.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast