Pokémon Diamond and Pearl: A Legend's Tale

Thread: Pokémon Diamond and Pearl: A Legend's Tale

The Dimension Wizard Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

Default Pokémon Diamond and Pearl: A Legend's Tale

So this is my first Diamond and Pearl fic, as you can see while you read I added and took away some stuff for my own purpose, just to make things better, also I changed the names of the main characters so you can see that none of their names are there

Pokémon Diamond and Pearl: A Legend’s Tale

Chapter 1: To Fight or Not To Fight

The Pokémon World, a world where people share their daily lives with creatures called Pokémon. These creatures can use special powers to help us out. Human live, fight, and share their lives with this magnificent creatures.

Since the Pokémon live in different parts of the world, there are also different names for these regions. Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh, Orre, Fiore and Almia. This six regions represent the friendship between this world.

Pokémon Trainers, they’re people that travel around the world and fight together with their Pokémon to earn badges, compete in tournaments, or just to travel and see new places in this world. A Pokémon Coordinator is the next thing on the list, they travel just like Trainers, but they just battle in stages to show their Pokémon’s beauty and win contests. Then come Scientist and Rangers. Scientist investigates the mysteries of the Pokémon World and thanks to this a lot of things about Pokémon are discovered everyday. And Rangers, they’re people that protect and save both Pokémon and humans from fires, floods, evil organization and anything the police can’t handle well.

Our story begins in the region of Sinnoh, a region that’s famous by its Pokémon Trainers. This region is also considered to have almost every species of Pokémon in it; not including legendary Pokémon that are from other regions.

Twinleaf town, the simplest towns in the Sinnoh region, people live in good houses and since the town is really fair they don’t have to pay so much. There’s a whole part of town concentrated on a circuit of houses, almost every house look alike. Most of the houses are white concrete houses; they have two floors, a big garden with pure green grass and a porch. They have a garage and a big backyard; also most of them have pools on them.

Inside one of the houses a kid is watching his TV like if it was the only thing in the world for him. He was eating a toast; although he was so focused on the TV the toast was hanging in his mouth. He was wearing a black sleeveless jacket with a silver line on the top, he had a white undershirt, and he was also wearing a pair of blue jeans and red shoes. His skin was kinda tan, and his short hair was in between black and dark blue.

He was watching a documentary on Shiny Pokémon that Sinnoh Now was doing all around the world. They were talking about how one of the first Shiny Pokémon to ever be spotted was a Red Gyarados in Johto over ten years ago. “And so we live you here, see you later” the reporter waved goodbye to her viewers and then the kid turned off the TV.

“Man, seven already, mom why didn’t you told me!” the kid snapped as he turned around to look at his mom. She was in the kitchen that was fused together with the living room. She was wearing a white long sleeved shirt with a long blue skirt, she had a crescent blue hair and aqua blue eyes.

“You were so entertained, plus I wanted to see how you acted when you saw the clock, and you’re fourteen years old, you need to have some responsibility” she wagged her finger in front of him and then turned around. He just got up from the couch and ran over to the counter. “The weather’s kinda breeze so take your scarf” she said with a giggle. The kid grabbed the red scarf that was on the counter, he also grabbed a beret that was on a hanger.

“See ya mom” he said as he proceeded to grab his backpack at the door and then run out of the house.

His name is Jess Jewel, he lives with his single mom Joanne, and they’ve been living in that house since he could remember and thanks to this he’s famous for being the oldest family to stay in Twinleaf in the last fourteen years. He waved over to the people around the neighborhood that were waving from inside their houses. Some kids were doing running races on the streets. Jess gladly jumped in and started running with them; at least till he got to the turn he was supposed to take.

He could see it from there, the gate to the Twinleaf Urban Zone; this was the zone that was focused on buildings, stores and school. Jess got passed the gate and into the city. There were a lot of buildings, people were coming in and out of stores and kids was either running to school or they were playing hookie.

“Hey Jess, you ready?” Jess turned around to look at the source of the voice. It was Jess’s best friend Tyson. He was just your average troublemaker, he had a long blonde hair that was raised, and he was wearing a white shirt with orange stripes on that moved sideways. He was wearing a pair of brown pants and he had a brown leather bag hanging from his arm; he also had pearl colored eyes, a pair of moccasins and he was wearing a green scarf.

“Oh hey Tyson, what are you talking about?” Jess looked at him with a confuse face, Tyson just laughed and clenched his fist in anger; as if to say that Jess is supposed to know already.

“You idiot, don’t you know, professor Rowan finally came back to Sinnoh, and you know what this means, all the kids in Twinleaf and Sandgem town are going to get their starter Pokémon” Tyson knocked on Jess’s head, surprisingly it let out a hard sound. “For someone that gets straight As, you sure got a hard head” Tyson commented with a surprised look on his face.

“Oh shut up, and like I told you a million times” Jess frowned and folded his arms. “I don’t want to be a Trainer and you know that damn well” he looked at Tyson with a serious face, but then the bell rang. “OH GOD CLASS IS STARTING” Jess started jumping around like crazy and then he ran off.

“You do know that’s the school bell mode in the sound machine” Tyson pointed at the sound machine that was in a store nearby.

Their school was really big. It was a huge red bricked building; it had a white roof and a blue metallic stadium next to it. It had a sandy backyard with a patch of grass that was in the middle. “I’m gonna be late!” Jess screamed as he ran inside the school. He accidentally crashed with one of the kids that were walking over to him. It was a big kid, he was wearing a sleeveless grey shirt, and he had a spiky orange hair.

“Well, if it isn’t little Jessy” the kid looked down at him and gave him a devilish grinned. “Did you do my homework you little pipsqueak” he poked Jess; although it was a poke so strong that it almost knocked him over.

“Hey Ronald, leave him alone would you” Jess turned around; a girl was standing in the middle of the hallway holding her hands on her hips. She was wearing a black sleeveless jacket with a white top that could be seen through her neck, she was wearing a short pink skirt and she had a long blue hair with a white beanie hat that had a red pokéball on it. She also had long pink boots and pale skin.

“Hey didn’t you saw Cassandra, he’s the one that crashed with me” Ronald complaint as he turned around to discus with Cassandra.

“So, it isn’t Jess’s fault he’s such a geek and that he wants to be in class on time” Cassandra snickered as she reached over to her skirt. Jess was starting to feel a little discourage about his savior now. “Let your Pokémon talk, go Turtwig” Cassandra threw her pokéball on the floor as it opened, it sent out a huge beam of light and a small creature formed. It looked like a turtle, it was mostly green with a brown shell, it had yellow paws and a big yellow mouth with a big green head with small nostrils; it also had a pair of leafs over its head.

“I guess we’ll have to then, go Machoke” Ronal threw his own pokéball and a muscle humanoid Pokémon came out, it had blue skin with red lines around its muscles, it had black underpants and a fighting belt; it also had some kind of rocks that looked like a straight hair on its head.

“Wow, she’s so hot” Jess said as he looked over at Cassandra and let his brain go away. Tyson came running from the other hallway and grabbed him by his backpack.

“Come on, get up, do you want people to think you’re as stupid as to stay seated in the middle of a battle!” he screamed as he lifted Jess from the floor.

“Go Turtwig, use your Razor Leaf” Turtwig moved its head sideway as it fired a barrage of sharp leafs that shot straight toward Machoke.

“Machoke, dodge and then use Vita Throw” Machoke jumped out of the way, its arms started glowing but it crashed with the lockers that were next to it.

Cassandra grinned. “See, your Machoke’s too big, and there’s so little space in this hallway that it can’t move around freely…but my Turtwig can, go Tackle” Turtwig started running forward and it jumped and hit Machoke’s abdomen with its head; the hit was so strong it knocked Machoke off its feet and sent him crashing on the floor.

“Man, you better watch out Jess, cause next time she won’t be there to help you” Ronal pointed over at Jess with fury, then he ran off.

“He’s right, you better bulk up or he’s going to kick your ass” Cassandra smirked as she walked off; two of her friends followed them and then they were follow by a crowd of guys.

“I’m such a dweeb” Jess sighed and looked down. “Well, let’s go Tyson” he started walking.

“You’re not a dweeb, you just have to believe in yourself” Tyson patted Jess’s shoulder. “Don’t worry, it will change” he smiled as the two walked off.

During class, Jess was writing his notes as always; constantly having paper ball thrown at his head. He wasn’t really the coolest guy of all, neither was Tyson, but he was pretty popular cause of his pranks. He looked over to Cassandra’s seat which was just a few seats in front of him. Now, she was one of the coolest and smartest girls in school; but not really the nicest if it came to talking with people that aren’t as cool as her.

But he had to admit, he was crazy in love with her; even if she never paid attention to him. *What the hell, this isn’t fair, I mean I may not be cool, but she can at least give me a chance* Jess thought while he was writing with anger on his grip. He looked out at the window. Cassandra unlike most of them was from Sandgem Town, but she likes Twinleaf so much that she’s willing to take the bus there and back; and she can also hold a job in Sandgem.

The bell ran after a few minutes and everyone started walking out of the classroom. Jess was just happy he survived another day in school, although he did hope that Ronald would decide to travel around Sinnoh; and who knows he might get eaten by a Rhyperior or something. At the thought of this Jess let out a small laugh.

“Hey Jess, so are we meeting at Lake Varity?” Tyson asked after they met each other by the school gate. “You said you wanted to paint the scenery and I want to capture some new Pokémon for when I go off, actually, I’m getting my license this Saturday you know” Tyson gave Jess a big smile, kinda like he was trying to change his mind.

“That’s cool and all, but I told you, I’m not becoming a Trainer, as for painting the scenery, I’ll do that” Jess shrugged and the two kept walking to their houses.

Jess got to his house and he was greeted by his mom who had some snacks ready for him. “Oh Jess, you’re back” she said rather surprised. Jess looked over at the desk it was full of Albums and pictures. “I was just reminiscing over my past” Joanne smiled and then she walked back to the kitchen. “Oh, someone woke up from their nap” she giggled and pointed over at the stairs.

A small Pokémon was standing there. It looked like a cat with blue fur around the upper part of its body and black fur on the back, it had a short tail with a star shaped end, it had long blue ears with yellow on them and small fangs. “Sparky” Jess opened his arms wide as the Shinx jumped into them. “I didn’t want to wake you up this morning, so I just left” Jess laughed while Sparky was licking his face.

“Yeah, the little cutie was sad the whole day, well you guys are going to spend a lot of time with each other when you start travelling” Joanne laughed softly as she sat down on the sofa.

“Mom, I told you, I don’t want to be a Trainer and I don’t get why everyone thinks I’m gonna be” Jess shook his head and then he sat down next to his mom. Joanne leaned back and grabbed a picture frame that was on the desk. It was a picture of her and another kid hugging each other, they looked around Jess’s age, Joanne was wearing a long aqua blue dress and she had two pink ribbons on her hair.

The kid she was hugging had the same color skin that Jess had, he had a spiky brown hair which was coming out from the red hat on his head, he was wearing a red vest with a black undershirt; and just like Jess he had a pair of blue pants and red sneakers. “You know who these are?” she asked Jess as she showed him the picture.

“You and dad?” Jess questioned after he gave Joanne the picture back. Joanne nodded.

“Your dad was a great Pokémon Trainer when we were young, he defeated the Elite 4 and he even managed to become a great Trainer here in Sinnoh, which is how he met me” Joanne giggled again. “But, just like you he didn’t wanted to be a Trainer, he just wanted to be around Pokémon, but things happened and he decided to give it a shot” she got up and smiled at Jess. “You should try it at the least.”

Jess looked at her with sad eyes and then got up. “I gotta go get ready, I’m seeing Tyson in Lake Varity today,” he said emotionless and then he ran up to his room with Sparky behind him.

Joanne sighed. “He may not want to see it, but all and all, he’s just like you Alex” she looked down at the picture with a sad face.

“WHAT!” Jess yelled from inside his room. “What do you mean you can’t go Tyson, you’re the one that had this idea on the first place?” Jess demanded.

“Sorry Jess, but my dad came today, and you know he only comes once a year, plus we’re getting a call from my big brother too, so sorry” Tyson said from the other side of the phone.

Jess sighed; he knew he couldn’t find fault in Tyson anymore. “Don’t worry dude, it’s your dad and your brother so stay there” Jess hung up the phone. He proceeded to grab all of his paint equipment like brushes, the colors he needed and a board to paint on. “I’m going mom” Jess got down and grabbed his backpack; he didn’t even gave her mom or Sparky a chance to say anything, or follow him.

Jess was walking into the forest; there were trees all around him and Pokémon were all around him too. Geodudes, Hoothoots, Aipoms, Smeargles, and Kricketots. “Wow, there sure are a lot of Pokémon here today” Jess smiled, he moved some branches aside so that he could face the crystalline lake that was in front. All of the wild Pokémon that were on the forest were gathering around the lake.

“Wow, it’s so beautiful” Jess stared at the lake for a few minutes before he sat down on the ground and started painting. “Okay, I need to concentrate” he said as he got his paint brush out and started painting the lake.

After a few more minutes and a lot of changes considering that he had to change the sky color to the color of the sun set. “Man, painting the sun set’s sure hard to do” Jess sighed and then he got up and stared at the painting; it looked just like the lake.

“HELP ME” Jess turned around; the screams came from the other side of the lake. He got up and started running over to the side of the lake. Once he got there he saw a man lying unconscious on the floor. He looked around his sixties, he had a short white hair and a white mustache, he was wearing a brow coat with a blue button jacket that could be seen through it, and he had a pair of brown pants and a pale skin.

“Sir, are you okay sir!” Jess got down to the floor and started shaking the man. “He has cuts all around his body, I have to help him out” Jess grabbed the man by his arm and put it around his body so he could take him out of the forest. He saw there was a briefcase on the floor. “Better take this too” Jess grabbed the brown briefcase and started walking. The sky was dark by now though.

Just then something came flying out of the trees. It looked like a dragon with blue skin, it had a pair of big crimson red wings, a long neck with a weird looking face that had fangs coming out of its mouth, it had a long tail and short legs which probably helped it walk on the floor. “A Salamance!” Jess yelled and then he started running but the man was so heavy he couldn’t run any faster. Salamance’s body got surrounded with green energy as it sent Jess flying into a tree, leaving the man on the floor. “Draco Meteor, probably the only attack a Salamance around this parts knows” Jess said while he patted his head. “I knew I should’ve brought Sparky.”

The Salamance started charging another Draco Meteor; Jess managed to dodge this one. It took a few more attacks; even Jess was getting tired of dodging. “I…can’t…hold it…anymore” Jess panted as he fell down on the floor. “What do I do?” he started looking around, and then it came to him. The briefcase.

Jess got up as Salamance charged at him for another Draco Meteor. Jess docked down before Salamance dove at him. He grabbed the briefcase. Then Salamance turned around and fired a beam of orange glowing energy at Jess. The Hyper Beam hit the ground in front of him and made him drop the briefcase. “Guess it knows more attacks” Jess looked over at the briefcase; it was full of papers and two pokéballs. “Just what I need” Jess smiled widely as he grabbed the Pokéball on the right.

“But, should I use it, I always say I don’t like fighting and that I don’t want to become a Trainer, I’m not the kind of person to change his word” Jess looked down at the pokéball and then back at Salamance. He looked over at the man who had been blasted off over to the trees cause of the Hyper Beam. “Guess I’ll just have to do it” Jess stretched his hand out and threw the pokéball on the floor. Just like Cassandra’s pokéball a huge white glow came out and it started forming into another Pokémon.

This one looked like a monkey with orange fur, it had a yellowish white skin and orange fur, with an orange hair raising from its head, it didn’t had a tail but it had long arms covered in from, it also had a pair of small legs that could probably make it a good jumper. The Pokémon yawned but once it looked over at Salamance, Jess, and then the man a flame formed on its tail. “A Chimchar” Jess gazed over at the Chimchar who’s flame was so big it almost reached the grass.

Chimchar used a Quick Attack which increased its speed a lot. It ran over to Salamance and got on its head. “Wow, come on little buddy” Jess cheered; but he felt Chimchar was waiting for something. It wasn’t attacking it was just holding Salamance off as if it was waiting for something special to happen. “Don’t tell me it wants me to attack!” Jess yelled with a startled look.

Salamance got Chimchar off its head and hit it with a Draco Meteor. Chimchar bounced off the grass and landed hard on the floor. “Chimchar!” Jess started running as he kneeled next to the little monkey Pokémon. *What do I do, I’m not a Trainer and I surely can’t fight* Jess thought as he clenched his fist in agony. Salamance charged up another Hyper Beam and it fired it over at Jess.

“CHIMCHAR FLAME THROWER” Jess yelled with all his strength; as soon as Chimchar heard this it jumped in front of Jess and fired a huge jet of burning flames that crashed with the Hyper Beam. Jess and Chimchar had time to get out of the way before the Hyper Beam over powered the Flame Thrower. “Are you okay!” Jess put his hand in between his mouth and yelled to Chimchar who was on the other side; Chimchar nodded.

“Okay, we have to beat it, or at least hold it off while we run away!” Jess yelled; but he didn’t really know what to do, even though he knew about the attacks a Chimchar could learn, he didn’t know which attack this one knew exactly. “Scratch its eyes!” Chimchar jumped up and its claws grew from its hands, its started slashing Salamance’s face with its strong claws and it made it go down.

“Now, use your Flame Thrower” Chimchar took its chance to fire another jet of flame. Salamance saw this and fired another Hyper Beam. Both attacks crashed again but this time they held on. “Now, jump for another Scratch” Chimchar jumped up and it scratched Salamance again with more intensity. Salamance couldn’t see anymore, this caused it to crash with a tree.

“Now” Jess grabbed the man and started running together with Chimchar.

Jess put the man down on a tree nearby. “I called the police and the ambulance already, well little buddy, you should probably wait for them too” Jess started walking but Chimchar followed him. “Oh come on, I’m sure we’ll see each other again” Jess petted the little monkey and kept walking.

Chimchar looked at Jess with sad eyes before he went away. It waited a few moments to make sure Jess wasn’t looking back then it started following from above the trees.

“Professor Rowan are you okay?” Cassandra asked once she saw Rowan getting into his lab in Sandgem. “What happened to you?” she asked with a worried tone.

“Nothing Cassandra, I was looking around Lake Varity when I got attack by a Pokémon, but I’m okay” Rowan nodded his head while still holding a serious look. Cassandra went to check the briefcase.

“There’s only one pokéball here” she said as she showed Rowan the briefcase; but he didn’t look alarmed.

“I know, Chimchar found a Trainer, maybe we’ll see him soon” Rowan started walking out of the lab. “And I think you know him quiet well” he said as he left the room leaving a confused Cassandra to questioned who he was talking about.

TBC
    Last edited by Flaze; 1st April 2009 at 02:52 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokémon Diamond and Pearl: A Legend's Tale

Great beginning to the story and Chimchar's the first pokemon awesome!!!

Fire Ferrets Forever Mako's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Great first chapter. The plot looks really good, and so do the characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel
    Everyone has had a crush on Hips. :B

I like it!

Blog Entries

That was pretty cool, thuogh a few things.

Verity > Varity

Spell > Spall

Another thing,
    Where the heck would a Salamence come from in Twinleaf!?
    Mwh, I'm stuck with game knowledge because I never get a chance to watch anime, so I guess it's fine.

The actual storyline was great. I liked the characters and the description.

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by The Objectionist View Post
    Another thing,
    Where the heck would a Salamence come from in Twinleaf!?
    Mwh, I'm stuck with game knowledge because I never get a chance to watch anime, so I guess it's fine.
    I was actually using anime and manga logic. In the anime you can find all kinds of Pokémon anywhere, but not strong Pokémon like Salamance. In the manga when I say any kind, I mean any kind in a Diamond and Pearl manga I read in the first chapter which took place in Lake Varity they fought against an Onix, so you can kinda guess when it comes to that yoiu can find anything.

Also I wanted to get away from the games instead of including the classic Starly attack

The freeze of ice! ||||||||||||'s Avatar

I thought it was alright, but it had a lot of clichés.

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Helmasaur King View Post
    I thought it was alright, but it had a lot of clichés.
    Like what?

The freeze of ice! ||||||||||||'s Avatar

the characters in it, and I dont know really, it just doesn't have a too original story to it, like you know what's going to happen..

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

It's based off the games, so the characters look just like the games, but I took out a lot of stuff and added some more, well just so that I can know what to avoid tell me some of the stuff you thought was cliche

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

Chapter 2: Jess’s Decision

Jess was in his room drawing something on his desk. It’s been three days since his encounter with Chimchar and Professor Rowan, after coming back Jess hid everything that happened from his mom and his friends. Well since Sparky can’t talk human language it was the only one Jess told the story to.

Jess was drawing a picture of the Chimchar he saw in Lake Varity. “I wonder if I’ll actually see it again, I mean I didn’t want to keep it, but it was nice to have a Chimchar just for a little while” Jess smiled and kept drawing the picture.

Jess turned around to look at the clock that was besides his bed. “Oh god, it’s almost seven, we better go” Jess got up and started scurrying around his room while he tried to gather his stuff. “Hey Sparky, did I finished my report on MT. Coronet” Jess asked as he turned around and looked at Sparky with a confused face; Sparky shrugged. “Oh man, I already got an excuse to turn it in late, what am I going to do now” Jess grabbed some paper and a few pencils. “I’ll write it on the way, it can’t be that hard can it” Jess laughed and started running out.

“Jess, you’re gonna be late for school” Joanne said; she was tasting some of the vegetable stew she was making.

“I know mom, I know” Jess put on his shoes and ran out of the house. “Next time, I’ll get a better clock” he sighed, but thanks to that he almost tripped over a rock. “Better stay focus.”

“HEY JESS” Jess turned around; Tyson was running over from his house with a Pokémon next to him. The Pokémon looked kinda like a duck, it had red skin with a pair of medium height arms, it had a small body with short legs, and it had a big head which kinda looked like a brain and a long beak. “Guess who what, Roller wanted to come with me today” Tyson said as he pointed down at the Magby.

“You know that Roller can’t keep himself off of burning things, last time you took him to school we were in fifth grade, and it almost burned down the school” Jess narrowed his eyes at Tyson, who was picking his nose.

“Oh come on, it’s not like it managed to burn it” Tyson frowned as they walked past the gate. “Well, so are you going to be a Trainer or not?” Tyson asked Jess after they passed the gate.

“I don’t know, like I told you, I just don’t want to” Jess shrugged and started walking faster; he didn’t want anyone to know about what happened the other day, and the less people that knew the better.

Chimchar was overlooking Jess from the trees, it had been following him for the last three days, living out of anything it could find and it wanted to show up and see Jess’s face when he saw it; but Chimchar could feel that Jess wouldn’t really be happy if it showed up in his school so Chimchar was just waiting outside of it.

“Hey Jess, hey Jess” Jess turned around; he was looking over at the window daydreaming about what had happened in the lake. Cassandra was next to him as she showed him her homework; although it wasn’t even done. “I had to work till late yesterday, so I couldn’t do my homework, can you do it for me?” she asked as she put the paper down. “The bell’s going to ring, I’ll pay you anything you want just do it okay” she walked back to her seat and sat down.

“Man, I hate this” Jess sighed as he started writing. “People are always making me do their work, when they can do it by themselves, I just don’t think it is fair” his pencil slipped off his hands and fell under his desk.

Jess scoop down and tried to grab the pencil. “But” he stopped and just stayed there on the floor leaning. He was thinking over that battle he had; as much as he said that he hated battles and that he didn’t wanted to be a Trainer, he couldn’t stop thinking of the thrill he felt when he was commanding Chimchar to fight against that Salamance, it just felt like he was someone different, and for a moment he actually felt like he was acting more like his dad.

The bell rang; this immediately woke Jess up, he grabbed the pencil and sat back on his chair. “Wow, I have to stop day dreaming” Jess adjusted his beret and focused on the board that was in front of him.

“Hey did you do it?” Cassandra asked while she grabbed the paper; the look on her face changed from hurry to angry as she saw the paper. “Did you even bothered on doing this, you little dweeb!” she yelled and then slammed the papers again. Jess just clenched his fist and looked down. “Forget it, I’ll get someone else to do it” she walked away to her seat.

“Hey Jess, you shouldn’t let her do that, I know you like her, but it’s as obvious as hell that she doesn’t like you back” Tyson’s seat was behind Jess so Jess could hear what he said from behind.

“I know…but I can’t fight, I’m not like you” Jess said as he looked down at his seat; and at that moment reality caught up with him, he couldn’t change who he was just cause he wanted to, he had to live like that for the rest of his life.

“That’s bull crap, you can stand up for yourself, show everyone you’re not just some scrawny…” Jess turned around and glared at Tyson so that he would stop talking.

“Listen, I just can’t okay, now stop talking class started already” he said as he turned around, he was really happy class kept him from living life at the moment.

Chimchar was behind on the field of the school, it was trying to hide but since there wasn’t anyone out there it was safe for the moment. It looked up; it could see Jess’s face from the window. There was a small garage nearby and it started running over there.

Chimchar opened the door and it got in. There were a lot of cages, which was probably where they kept the school’s Pokémon in. It was tired from following Jess around so Chimchar just got in and stayed there on the grass while it went sleep.

It was lunch time and Tyson and Jess were sitting on the field talking. “So my dad told me he would take me to his new place over the summer” Tyson laughed while he drank a soda.

“He’s got a new place?” Jess asked he was going over the notes for his next class. “I thought he was teaching over at the Trainer School in Jubelife?” he asked confused.

“Yeah, well he’s got a new job now, a cooler job at that, although it doesn’t open till summer so I’m gonna be going there when it opens, you know taking a break from travelling and all” Tyson said as he started getting jumpy cause of the sugar rush the soda caused.

“What about your brother, are you going to visit him?” Jess asked while he stuffed the books in his backpack.

“Volkner’s not in the mood to hang around anyone right now” Tyson sighed and shook his head after remembering his brother. “He’s just being down…for the past two years” Tyson got up too. “Well, we shouldn’t worry about that, I promise I’ll bring you something once I come back” Tyson started walking off.

Jess had just started thinking about it, once Tyson was gone what would he do; if Ronald didn’t left Twinleaf then he wouldn’t have anyone that could protect him and that could make him feel better when people insult him or call him names.

Jess looked at his watch; it was time to go back to class. He got up from where he was seating and then he started walking back into the school building.

“HEY EVERYONE, LOOK WHAT I GOT” everyone turned around to look over at the garage that was on the field. Ronald and his friends were next to it, holding Chimchar tied up around ropes. Jess felt his heat racing faster and faster, Chimchar followed him for this last three days and it got caught by Ronald. “We found this little fur ball in our hang out place, I think I should teach it a lesson” Ronald started laughing.

*Freaking idiot* Jess gritted his teeth, he wanted to hit Ronald but the thought didn’t got passed the brain before Jess would denied it.

“But since class is about to start again, tell you what everyone, I’ll save this little guy its beating till after class is done, if no one claims it as theirs, I get to do whatever I want with it” Ronald passed his tongue around his lips in a sinister manner.

Jess didn’t wanted to be there anymore so he just ran inside the building leaving Tyson and the others to question what was happening with him. *I knew I should have look back, if I would have Chimchar wouldn’t be stuck on this right now* Jess thought as he ran back to his classroom.

“Where am I?” Jess asked himself as he opened his eyes. He was floating over the sky like if he was dead, thing is there wasn’t anything under them, just an endless sky from both up and down.

“You finally made it here Jess” Jess turned around; someone was walking and stopped when he got in front of Jess. The kid looked just like the kid from the picture Joanne had.

“Are you my dad?” Jess asked the kid while his face turned into a look of nervousness. “I thought you were dead!” he yelled after his dad floated a little farther from him.

Jess just stared at the kid; the chance that his dad was in front of him, could that be possible or was it just a dream. “Yeah, you can say I’m your dad, don’t worry I’m not some ghost but I am part of your consciousness” he stopped for a minute before smiling. “You see, right now, you’re in a tough situation, so I want to help you out”

“How, you’re a dream, how can a dream help me out!” Jess demanded while moving his hands around.

“Sometimes a dream is enough” his dad smiled happily. “Call me Alex by the way, that’s my real name” he floated like if he was sitting down. “Now, I see you’re having a problem with dealing with Chimchar, like should you start your journey, should you help Chimchar out.”

“Yeah, that’s right I mean, I’m not a fighter I can’t just fight against Ronald and expect to win” Jess looked up, for a dream the sun was sure shining a lot.

“You just gotta believe in yourself, think about this, every legend in this world every famous Trainer every single journey started with one thing, one step of braveness and perseverance, you need those two things to achieve a goal” Alex turned around so he could look at Jess. “You’ll find those two soon kid, I can see in you the same shining light I had” he smiled again. “Plus, you’re my son you’ll get to the top, which I can assure you.”

“Jess, wake up” Jess felt a paper ball hitting his head, he lifted his head up; apparently he fell sleep and he had a good one cause his desk was full of saliva. “You fell sleep for half the class, are you really that tired” Tyson laughed as he helped Jess up. “Anyways, class is done and Ronald’s about to decide what he’ll do to that Chimchar” Tyson started running out.

“It’s time” Jess got up and started walking off; it was almost time to decide, if that dream was true then he already knew what he had to do, but if it wasn’t.

Jess ran out, everyone was gathered around the field; Chimchar was handing in a pole while still tied on the rope. Ronald and his Machoke were both grinning while they were warming up to give Chimchar its beating. “Now, let’s teach it a lesson, right Machoke” Ronald looked over at his Machoke who grinned evilly.

“Man, I hate Ronald, but his Machoke is obviously stronger than Roller” Tyson gritted his teeth, he was angry that he wasn’t able to do anything for that poor Chimchar.

“Go, Focus Punch and Mach Punch combo!” Ronald yelled, Machoke’s fists glowed bluish blue and deep white, it assumed a boxing stand and then proceeded to hit Chimchar with the Focus Punch, and then it hit it with the Mach Punch. Once it took its first two hits, it started hitting it wildly.

“Hey leave that little Chimchar alone!” Cassandra yelled, she walked through the crowd and got in front of Chimchar. “It’s not fair to hurt a Pokémon just because it was hanging around a free place.”

“Oh really, is it yours though?” Ronald asked while grinning sinisterly.

“No, but if its real Trainer won’t come and fight for it, then I will” Cassandra got her pokéball out and let her Turtwig out. Jess felt his stomach churning; Cassandra was fighting against this guy to protect a Pokémon that wasn’t even hers. “Turtwig use your Razor Leaf” Turtwig raised its head and it started firing a barrage of leafs.

“This time, I won’t fall for the same trick, hit it!” Machoke left Chimchar and started running; it used its fist to knock the leafs off of balance and take it down, it stretched its Focus Punch and punched Turtwig with it.

“Tackle” Turtwig started running at a great speed as it held its head forward.

“Machoke, Vital Throw” Machoke’s arms glowed white as it grabbed Turtwig and spun it around before sending it crashing with the pole. “Now Seismic Toss” Machoke grabbed Turtwig and jumped up, it spun around and crashed Turtwig against the floor. “Last time I didn’t have enough space, but this time, you get the idea” he chuckled.

“Turtwig!” Cassandra ran over to her Turtwig. “I’m sorry Turtwig” she said as she lifted Turtwig off, she looked at the Chimchar with a sorry faced before walking away.

“Make this a lesson for anyone that dares fight with me, now where was I, oh right” Machoke started punching the poor Chimchar again.

*It’s now* Jess thought while he clenched his fists and looked down. *Can I really get to the top, oh hell what am I talking about, this isn’t about going to the top, this is about fighting for Chimchar, that’s right it’s now or never* Jess raised his head. “HEY RONALD LEAVE IT ALONE” he yelled as he walked out of the surprise crowd. Tyson gasped together with Cassandra who was next to him.

“Oh little Jessy, sorry but I’m not going to beat you today” Ronald laughed so that he would scare Jess off, it didn’t worked. “What is this yours, the great Jess has a Pokémon, and didn’t you say you didn’t want to be a Trainer?”

“Maybe so, but Chimchar’s my friend and my Pokémon and I’m going to protect him” Jess glared at Ronald with a big look of rage in his eyes.

“So you got guts ah kid” Ronald walked closer to him. “The dweeb we all know and love, come on Jess, don’t act cocky or you’ll kill you” Ronald chuckled and then looked down at Jess.

“I’m not a dweeb” he said with a serious tone, all of the things that happened that day, he could remember. “I’m not a dweeb that’s here to do everyone’s homework, I can’t be boss around and no one can hold me back, you know why” he started raising his hand. “Because I’m going to the top” he said as he raised his head tall and high.

“Oh really, well, then fight” Machoke got in front of Ronald. Jess walked over to the pole and started untying Chimchar.

“Don’t worry little buddy, I won’t leave you behind anymore” Jess smiled as Chimchar jumped out of the pole and glared at Ronald and Machoke. “We’re ready Ronald!” Jess yelled.

“Go Machoke use you’re Mega Punch” Machoke jumped up and its fist started glowing in a pearl white color as it started falling down on the floor. It hit the floor and sent Chimchar flying.

“Chimchar, bounce off the floor and hit it with your Scratch attack” Chimchar listened to Jess as it put its hands on the floor to help itself bounce off the floor and jump high in the air. It descended and claws came out from its hands and it started scratching Machoke’s body.

“Shake it off with a Focus Punch!” Ronald yelled at the top of his voice and Machoke’s fist glowed bluish white as it proceeded to hit Chimchar right on its chest; it was so strong that it sent Chimchar flying into the air.

“Ember” Chimchar leapt back and fired a barrage of glowing fire bullets that hit Machoke all around. “Okay, hit it with a Flame Thrower” Chimchar fired a jet of burning fire at Machoke.

“Machoke, dodge it and use Seismic Toss” Machoke jumped up and it landed behind Chimchar. It grabbed the little monkey with its big arms and jumped up in the air. For some reason it was like Jess was actually in the air, like if he and Chimchar were connected.

Machoke turned and started falling back. “Now Chimchar, use Fury Swipes” Chimchar started slashing Machoke on its chest and Machoke let it go in mid air. “Now, this is our chance use Flame Thrower” Chimchar fired a huge jet of yellow flames that hit Machoke and sent it crashing back into the floor; this made a huge bam when it hit the floor.

“I can’t believe this, how could I lose against this dweeb!” Ronald yelled startled and then he started kicking the sand around.

“That’s just it Ronald, you may keep everyone here on a cage, but even the smallest of the animals can break its cage and become the animal that will take you down” Jess said as he started walking back with his friends.

Chimchar walked over to Jess, it looked at him confused; seeing as it was expecting Jess to take it as his won Pokémon. “Don’t worry little buddy, or should I say Apollo” Jess grinned and then he picked Apollo up to hug it.

“That was so cool Jess, I never thought you’ll be that strong” Tyson ran over to Jess with a big smile on his face. “That was so cool, so are you travelling?” he asked again.

“You know what, I’ll think about it” Jess grinned and the two of them started walking off with Apollo.

Cassandra was looking over them from far away. “So, he’s the one ah?” she asked with a serious face. “Well I’m not going to let him keep that Chimchar till he proves me wrong, for all I care till he really proves himself, he’s still a dweeb” she started walking off.

“I’m so happy for you son” Joanne smiled while she was feeding some food for Sparky and Apollo. “You didn’t just decide to become a Trainer, you got a Starter Pokémon, and you’re really getting into your dad’s foot steps” she giggled.

“Thanks mom, we’ll be getting our license this Saturday just like Tyson, so I got two days to be with you, hope you don’t mind” Jess looked over at her with a sad face.

“Don’t worry, I’ll be fine once you leave” she walked over to Apollo and started petting it. “You’ve really grown up Jess, and I’m so happy” she smiled.

Jess couldn’t feel but smiling either, even though he was still scare he knew that now he had Apollo on his side, nothing could stop him from reaching the top and finally achieving his dream of changing his life. But what will the future hold for him.

TBC

Blog Entries

That had a good length, and the battle was well-done and detailed. Not much else to say there.
    Hehe, Apollo brought Justice to the Machoke...