TEEN: PMD Rescue Knights

Thread: PMD Rescue Knights

Default PMD Rescue Knights

Samantha woke up, her head was spinning as if she had a hangover or was hit with a sack of cement.
    She had been drinking heavily the previous night on her second date, which her boyfriend Greg seemed turned off.
    She was sitting in a forest clearing, she noticed a pile of clothing nearby. A red shirt, black pants, tall boots, large hooped gold earrings and a bracelet.
    ‘These are my clothes! Am I naked?’ she asked herself.
    She looked at herself and screamed.

Chapter 1: I’m a what!?

Samantha tried to shake off her initial shock, she was brown had long ears, a fluffy mane, and short little legs.
    ‘Quiet down! It’s okay missy!’ Said a calming almost unearthly voice from nearby, a Bulbasaur came into the clearing. ‘I found you unconscious here. Happens to the best of us. You’re one of the chosen.’
    ‘Chosen?’ Samantha echoed still wondering what the heck both of them were.
    The Bulbasaur shrugged, ‘I’m no ordinary creature of this world. I don’t even know why I’m in disguise, you don’t even know what we are.’ The Bulbasaur quickly transformed into his true form, a Mew.
    ‘I am the Guardian of the Pokeworld. My name is Mew, you see this world is populated by creatures known as Pokemon. And sometimes we have… incidents… where the world starts to shake and crumble, and fall to pieces. A hero from another world is summoned to save us. This has been happening for years.’

As Samantha tried to comprehend all of this she was starting to forget things, her human life was fading away in her memories.
    ‘Also, the hero loses his or her memory as so they won’t be distracted by homesickness while they’re here. All they’ll remember is that they were once human.’
    ‘But what am I!?’
    ‘You are an Eevee, one of the most versatile Pokemon there are. I found you lying there covered in your clothes so I assisted you out of them, we Pokemon don’t wear clothes but we do like little accessories from time to time. Maybe a headband here, a bracelet there, nothing big.’
    She looked at her old clothes, ‘I would like to still look like my old self, though I can barely remember what I looked like. Can you shrink or alter the clothing?’

Mew thought for a few seconds, ‘Pokemon around here don’t do this, it’s not really a Pokemon thing. But perhaps you can because if anything you want others to know you are special after all.’
    She still couldn’t comprehend her position here, ‘I’m not a chosen hero! And what are you going to do?’
    Mew levitated her earrings and using a magical power shrunk them down to small hoops so they could fit an Eevee and not look that strange, he then teleported them onto her ears. ‘This will brand you, as the hero to save us I think you should stand out somewhat, but I will say you won’t remember this conversation, except that you were once a human.’
    Mew disappeared as did her remaining clothing.
    The Eevee soon fell asleep from the overwhelmingness of it all.

She woke up six hours later with no memory of Mew, or her human life except that she was indeed one.
    She walked around the forest clearing. She tried to figure this out. ‘I was a human, but now I’m not. What did I do as a human? Am I punished? Why am I still wearing earrings? What the ^%$^ is going on!?’
    A young male voice called from the bushes, ‘What language is that for a lady to use?’
    Samantha huffed. ‘I’m having a bad day, I can’t remember anything.’
    A male Growlithe came strolling over, ‘A fancy Eevee I see. You have amnesia you say? I once knew a Pokemon with amnesia.’
    She felt a little happy about that knowing there was a kindred spirit out there, yet at the same time guilty that she felt happy about someone going through that. She was to say the least, confused.
    ‘What was the Pokemon’s name? I don’t know anything about what a Pokemon is, or what even I am.’

The Growlithe grinned, ‘His name was Mitch, he was a Charmander. He belonged to a rescue team called Team Rebel, he and his best friend Shinx stopped an evil Pokemon from trapping the world in endless nightmares. That was when I was just a pup though. I was lost in a place called Dusk Forest, I cried and cried for help. They rescued me and sent me home. Ever since then I wanted to become a strong warrior to fight alongside them or at least start my own rescue team, it’s going ^%$&*% so far.’ He finished with a grim expression.
    She was curious of what a rescue team was, but was distracted by certain things, ‘You’re kind of a hypocrite, lecturing me on language and then say a bad word yourself?’

The Growlithe bowed politely. ‘I just think an Eevee such as yourself seems too… pure to be talking like that. I mean your beauty shows that you're above such talk, unlike an ugly piece of work like myself.’
    Samantha didn’t understand, this Growlithe looked adorable.
    But the Growlithe continued. ‘You aren’t from around here I see. Are you a human by any chance?’
    She snarled. ‘Do I look like a human!?’
    ‘Sorry I should I have used past tense, I’m not good with grammar that well. I assumed with your, style… and amnesia you may have been a human at one point. Humans when they arrive always lose their memories. And Pokemon don’t wear those ear things, it’s just not something we do.’
    ‘Okay I was a human, but that’s all I remember.’ She said in defeat, she was hoping to keep it as secret as long as possible.

The growlithe bowed again, ‘My name is Blaine, it is a honor to meet you. A Pokemon who was previously a human is known as the ultimate protector. If you don’t mind coming to my house I’ll fill you in on this world.’
    Samantha bowed back politely. ‘My name is Samantha, Sam to my friends, if I remember who my friends were.’
    The two went deeper into the forest, it was autumn and Sam loved the sound of leaves crunching under her feet, she wondered if that was the Pokemon in her or if she always liked it.

They were outside of PokeShire a large Pokemon community nestled inside the forest. Houses were made from hollow large trees or stone.
    The two walked through the village, Pokemon of all shapes and sizes were walking around doing their daily routines, shopping, working, chatting. There was a bank run by a Honchkrow, a store run by twin Spindas, A day care run by a Blissey, a dojo run by a Conkeldurr, an item storage run by a Delibird amongst other things.
    Smack dab in the center was… Sam had to rub her eyes, was she really seeing this…? A castle.

A honest to goodness Medieval looking castle was there, but as she looked at the gate, it wasn’t Pokemon sized.
    ‘Where did this castle come from!?’ Sam asked. ‘Did humans once own it?’
    Blaine sniffed the air, he could smell his roommate making stew. ‘Let’s go home and I’ll explain it.’
    The two came to a brick house at the edge of town, ‘Come on in’
    Inside was just one large square area, with two piles of straw on the right side, a kitchen on the north side, and the middle seemed to be a living room or den, for it had a bookshelf and a table with teacups. An Emolga was stirring a pot of stew. ‘Blaine, Buddy! You’re back!’ he said. He then noticed Sam. ‘Hey who’s the cutie with you?’

Blaine hid a smile, ‘Brad, this is Sam. She is the youknowwhat’
    ‘A… no… she’s THE….? No…’ Brad felt like he was going to faint.
    Sam being as irritated as she was, demanded answers.
    ‘Sit down on my couch and I’ll tell you’ said Blaine.

The couch was just more straw but she sat down on all fours as Blaine pulled a book from the shelf with his mouth.
    ‘Samantha, this is the history of the Rescue Knights.’
    ‘What is a rescue knight? Actually what is a rescue team?'
    Blaine grinned, ‘Well a rescue team is a formation of Pokemon who go on missions traveling the country and help others. Rescue Knights are a branch of that, because you see in PokeShire we call Rescue Teams, Rescue Knights. And they aren’t called missions, they are quests. But no matter how much you dress it up they’re still rescue teams. In order to join a rescue team, you have to be knighted by King Angus Darwidge. Then his servants grant requests for you to take on. I was never knighted. Brad was though.’

Brad shivered. ‘No way am I taking quests for that damn little brat.’
    Sam had a headache from being overwhelmed.
    ‘You have a chance though’ Blaine told Sam. ‘Because of the royal prophecy. It says here in this storybook. The prophecy is.
    “Once the humans were gone, the Kingdom was ours.
    We took up the role, to travel so far.
    To Rescue any Pokemon that is in need.
    We create Knights to do the good deed.
    But one day will come, when the evil awakens.
    A Kingdom is shattered, a Princess is taken.
    An insane Rayquaza banished for years.
    It will take the Princess to the Isle of Fears.
    The country will crumble, the world will darken.
    The world will start to get even worse.
    But if she succeeds, the once of human breed.
    Not only will we survive, but the King will no longer be suffered by his curse…”

Sam thought this over. ‘So, the Princess will be captured by a Dragon? How cliché is that!?’
    ‘I know’ Brad said. ‘But that’s the prophecy. We can’t ignore it. And we’ve been waiting for a human for a long time. The Princess is under high security, she could be captured any day now. Good thing you arrived when you did.’
    ‘And the curse? What curse is the King under?’
    The two didn’t want to answer. Blaine told her as best as he could.

‘Our King was a grand and fair ruler. Angus Darwidge. An elderly but mature and wise Furret. One day, a Ninetails came to our Kingdom. The Ninetails was rude and violent. The King ordered him to stay in the dungeon for a while. But it wasn’t really a Ninetails. It was a malicious being called Darkrai in Disguise. Darkrai wanting to have fun, cast a curse on the King turning him into a seven year old. Forever. This was about a hundred years ago. He refuses to give up the throne, and makes very immature rules for his mind is that of a child now, as well the angst that his children, grandchildren, great grandchildren and so on outlived him. The Princess in question is his Great Great Great Great Granddaughter. Which he refuses to even acknowledge as a relative, if you even bring up his past or curse you’d be thrown into the dungeon if you’re lucky.’

Sam pondered that over, ‘Had anyone ever gone to stop Darkrai?’
    ‘Yes, he sent knights for years to find and slay him. But none ever returned, well never returned normal. They were all cursed in some way as a warning to Angus. But remember that Charmander named Mitch I mentioned? He and his partner Shinx defeated him finally. And Darkrai defeated had his memory erased by Palkia, and thus was given a second chance to live a peaceful life. He wouldn’t remember the curse, and even if he did he probably wouldn’t remember how to remove it, and most importantly if we mentioned it, it might actually make him remember his evil ways and this was a guy who wanted to destroy all space and time to create a world of pure nightmares and darkness.’

Brad grunted, ‘They searched for Legendary Pokemon that could cure him like maybe Dialga or Giratina or even friggin’ Jirachi! Nothing. They never come to this part of the world. Until Arceus showed up about seventy years ago. He’s the head honcho of everything. The God of all Pokemon basically. came for a visit. It was odd because it was so casual. He visited the King, had tea, spent the night, and thanked the Kingdom for a wonderful time but before he disappeared he said the Prophecy. Meaning that if the world is saved, he’ll be cured.’
    He couldn’t say anymore because Sam was fast asleep.
    Last edited by Chespingamer26; 13th January 2013 at 11:06 AM.

Default Re: PMD Rescue Knights

‘Did I have this dream before… I’m sure of it’
    In her dream she was walking through a human mall back in New York City. Humans were walking or running past her, giving her odd stares. She barely reached anybody’s knee and knowing she used to be like these people she tried to imagine what she looked like, what it felt like to walk on two legs. She was drawing a blank.
    ‘Hold on Greg, what’s this?’ said a nearby woman. She was tall, pretty, with long red hair.
    She picked up the Eevee while an unfamiliar man watched.
    ‘What is it honey?’ he asked.
    ‘I dunno’ she said. Some sort of weird fox creature. It’s wearing earrings though, that’s odd.’
    Greg disappeared, as did all the other humans leaving the two of them alone.

Sam tried to speak but all that would come out was squeaks. ‘You’re trying to tell me something I know…’ said the woman. ‘What are you?’
    Sam suddenly remembered who this woman was, and managed to gasp out. ‘I’m you!’
    The dream ended with Sam waking up on the pile of straw/couch. The Eevee was in a cold sweat because she suddenly remembered that was her as a human, as well as when she was a human about a week before this all happened she had the same dream but from her human point of view. She remembered having a dream of picking up the odd little creature not realizing who it was at the time.

Her mind officially blown she soon sat with Brad and Blaine having breakfast. It was basic oatmeal.
    ‘So are we going to visit the King today?’ asked Sam. ‘I mean I’m expected right?’
    ‘Yeah, sure.’ Said Blaine. ‘Let’s go now and get it over with. It’s depressing really. A once kind strong mature leader, reverted to an immature brat. He admits he can’t help acting like that, it’s just what he was like originally as a child and he can’t control it. Though he thinks Darkrai personally made him immature just to screw with him.’
    The three went to the castle, two Mightyenas and two Houndooms were sitting by the closed castle doorway.
    ‘Halt. Do you have a meeting scheduled?’
    ‘No.’ said Sam. ‘But I was once a human.’
    The four guards laughed.
    ‘Hahahaha, good one! So many Pokemon come here with the same story, our court psychic can tell if you’re a human or not.’
    ‘I was a human!’
    ‘Rufus, request Sir Embry. He shall perform the human test’
    After about ten minutes of waiting, Rufus came back. ‘You’re a human come on in.’
    Sam was confused. ‘What about Sir Embry?’

Rufus one of the mightyenas explained to her as they walked through the castle courtyard. ‘Sir Embry is an Alakazam. He has psychic powers you couldn’t imagine. I went to his quarters and floating in front of his door was a note that said. “Samantha the Eevee was a human. I foresaw her arrival four weeks ago and knew you would ask about her. Now leave me.’ No-one has ever seen Embry in years. Whenever we want to consult him, he just leaves note with whatever we want to know. He knows every conversation, and every question beforehand. He also left this note' He with his mouth pulled a note out of his shoulder satchel. “The kidnapping will happen today. Samantha. It’s too late. The future cannot be changed and there are Pokemon you cannot trust.’
    She looked at the Mightyenas and Houndooms, then Blaine and Brad the latter just shrugged. ‘One of us is a traitor?’ Brad asked. ‘Not my boy Blaine here, he’s a friendly as friendly can get. Right…?’
    Blaine nodded, ‘I promise you I am not a traitor. If anything it’s Embry. Who knows what he’s thinking cooped up in that room?’

They entered the throne room, a young Sentret wearing a crown and cape smiled at them.
    In a voice befitting one pre-puberty he greeted the three. ‘Welcome to my castle, I’m King Michael. I rule this entire forest and the surrounding country. I have heard you are a human. My court Psychic approved. Are you the one to rescue Felicity?’
    Sam nodded. ‘Yes. But may I ask sir, I thought your name was King Angus.’
    The Sentret’s eyes narrowed. ‘Blasphemy!! Does no-one read my laws anymore!? Does no-one take me seriously as a child!? I am King!! My rules are final! To the Dungeon!!’
    Sam tried to apologize. ‘I’m sorry your Majesty! I didn’t know you changed your name.’
    King Michael glared some more. ‘I refuse to be associated with that old coot I used to be. I never want to be reminded of him ever again! I changed my name two weeks ago! Did no-one tell you?’

Blaine apologized. ‘I’m sorry your majesty, I haven’t been keeping up with recent laws, I assumed your name was still, you know… that. And I couldn’t have told her otherwise for my own ignorance. If you will blame anyone blame me. I take full responsibility for not informing her of what I should be knowing.’
    King Michael waved his scepter as his crown slid over his eyes. ‘Take him to the dungeon, now! You Eevee girl, you’re new and honestly if you are a human I really can’t punish you because you’re too important. I need your help.’

Sam sat down sulking. ‘Maybe I don’t want to help you, I’m the only one who can save this world, so I have immunity in a sense. You can’t lay a finger on me. But if you let my friend out of prison I’ll think about it.’
    ‘NO NO NO!!!! I’m the King! You have to listen to me! I make the orders, you do what I say!’
    Sam kept sitting with her eyes shut. ‘And I can choose to deny them, what can you do to me? Jail? execution? I’ll surely be help saving the world then.’

The King started to cry. ‘You’re a bully jerk! Just because I’m a kid doesn’t mean you have to be mean!’
    ‘I’m not the mean one here, you’re the one who threw my friend in jail because of a misunderstanding.’
    The King sniffed, realizing what a brat he was being. ‘I’m sorry, it’s this darn curse! I lose myself sometimes. I forget who I used to be, and just act like a complete spoiled brat. I’m under so much stress all the time. I just want to go out and play. I don’t want to be King.’
    ‘Then why don’t you give up your throne to Princess Felicity?’

Michael understood. ‘Alright, I’ll give her the throne. Felicity! Come in here please!’
    A young pretty Furret princess came in surrounded by guards. ‘Great Grandfather, what would you like?’ She said as she gave him a hug. She truly respected him because of what he had to go through and he was related after all. She had no hate in her entire body.
    ‘I want to crown you Queen. I am giving up the throne for good. Thank you for caring for me all these years.’
    But before he could do anything a voice boomed out. ‘The time is now!!”
    The voice was coming from all corners of the throne room, but it sounded familiar.
    A Rayquaza crashed through the ceiling raining rubble on top of them.
    It was pure black, and was roaring as it grasped the Furret Princess in it’s mouth.
    It then sat down crouched on the ground.

Brad climbed onto the thing, at first Sam thought he was going to fight it head on, but he seemed to be friendly with it.
    ‘Pokemon of PokeShire! Here begins a new era! The Princess as you may not believe is not really a Furret at all. But a Jirachi. She doesn’t remember, I turned her into a baby sentret and put her in your family. Waiting out the prophecy I shall restore her in time but she shall grant every one of my wishes.
    Blaine was still in the dungeon so he had no idea that his best friend was really a traitor the whole time.
    ‘Who are you?’ asked the King.

Brad turned into Darkrai. ‘Remember me? I cursed you all those years back.’
    ‘But Darkrai was defeated by Mitch!’ Sam cried out.
    ‘I’m not really a Darkrai you little mess of mutation. I took his form back then, masquerading as him. He wasn’t happy about that but my power overpowered his. My real form is this’
    Brad turned into a Black Mew.
    ‘I am the shadow of Mew. I am all the evil he banished from himself during the cleansing when the world was created. He removed all his darkness and banished it inside a treasure chest buried deep within the impossible dungeon. No Pokemon could possibly make it down there. But an exploration team managed. They opened the chest and I was released. I wasn’t happy so I cursed the team then and there. Sorry, where are my manners? My name is Pandora. I was released to bring all the evil into the world, with Jirachi by my side I will wish for everything I desire.’
    ‘I’m not Jirachi! I’m a Furret Princess!’
    Pandora slapped her, ‘Keep thinking that sweetheart. Anyway like the prophecy says we’ll be waiting at the Isle of Fear. We’ll see how powerful this prophecy is. And if a little delicate girly Eevee can stop me.’

The Dark Rayquaza and Dark Mew flew off towards the far away isle.
    ‘I’ll let your friend out of prison now.’ Michael said.
    Sam was furious, not only was she betrayed but she now had this on her shoulders. The world will be destroyed and it’s all up to her now.
    Last edited by Chespingamer26; 13th January 2013 at 07:19 PM.

Blog Entries

SURPRISE! ITS A REVIEW!

Honestly, I wasn't sure what to expect when I read the first few paragraphs, but I am glad I stuck with it. It was a fun read, and the plot is really interesting. I love Sam's personality so far, she seems calm and quite snarky, especially with her noticing Blaine's hypocriscy about swearing. Her whole confrontation with the King was hilarious to read, and I especially love the way he talks as it seems completely immature, like the kid he's supposed to be.

Honestly, I'm not a fan of prophecies, but the atmosphere of knights, castles, kings and princesses makes it fit right in without feeling overly cliché.

I do think you could use more description, what does the throne room look like, what about the castle, or Blaine? Also there are a few points which just nag at my brain such as:

Houses were made from hollow large trees or stone.
    I'm fairly sure it should be 'large hollow trees' instead of the other way around since it sounds less awkward, but I'm not entirely sure.

Blaine was still in the dungeon so he had no idea that his best friend was really a traitor the whole time.
    I find that sentence unnessesary since you're sorta pointing out the obvious in that he wasn't there, so he doesn't know.

The last thing I have to say is that Black Mew's dialouge felt far more forced than that for everyone else, to the point that it felt clunky and awkward to read.

Also for some reason the first Mew sounded bored as if he had seen this happen so many times before, which I admitidly found hilarious, the same with how Embry apparently already knows what people will ask him and just left the notes there XP

Keep up the good work, I'm sure this story is gonna get even more interesting as it progresses.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jingster View Post
    SURPRISE! ITS A REVIEW!

Honestly, I wasn't sure what to expect when I read the first few paragraphs, but I am glad I stuck with it. It was a fun read, and the plot is really interesting. I love Sam's personality so far, she seems calm and quite snarky, especially with her noticing Blaine's hypocriscy about swearing. Her whole confrontation with the King was hilarious to read, and I especially love the way he talks as it seems completely immature, like the kid he's supposed to be.

Honestly, I'm not a fan of prophecies, but the atmosphere of knights, castles, kings and princesses makes it fit right in without feeling overly cliché.

I do think you could use more description, what does the throne room look like, what about the castle, or Blaine? Also there are a few points which just nag at my brain such as:

Houses were made from hollow large trees or stone.
    I'm fairly sure it should be 'large hollow trees' instead of the other way around since it sounds less awkward, but I'm not entirely sure.

I find that sentence unnessesary since you're sorta pointing out the obvious in that he wasn't there, so he doesn't know.

The last thing I have to say is that Black Mew's dialouge felt far more forced than that for everyone else, to the point that it felt clunky and awkward to read.

Also for some reason the first Mew sounded bored as if he had seen this happen so many times before, which I admitidly found hilarious, the same with how Embry apparently already knows what people will ask him and just left the notes there XP

Keep up the good work, I'm sure this story is gonna get even more interesting as it progresses.
    Thank you so much for the review :) I admit I always had a problem describing locations, but I've been practicing. And I'm glad you enjoyed it :D
    Thank you very much :)

Still working on Part 3 :3
    I'll try and get it done within maybe 2-3 days.

Chapter 3: Manipulated and Danger

It was a rough afternoon, Blaine was released from the dungeons but he utterly refused to believe of Brad’s betrayal. The two had grown up together from infancy, there was no way he could have possibly been Pandora.
    Sam tossed and turned in her sleep that night. She was dreaming of being a human again, she was wearing a fancy dress in a large dining area. Other humans were going back and forth carrying food, some were playing music, and a human woman was sitting at a table across from her, ‘Is everything okay?’ she asked. She had long golden hair and a purple gown. She looked very pleasant.
    ‘No, this isn’t who I am.’ Sam muttered.
    The human woman smiled, ‘Yeah, you’re an Eevee right now aren’t you? How that going for you?’
    ‘I don’t know what to do!’ She cried. ‘Pandora as Brad is calling himself, he’s going to have unlimited wishes because he has full control of Jirachi whoever that is. I am destined to stop him, but how can I!?’
    The woman took a sip of wine. ‘Search out the other human’
    ‘Other human? Wait, this other human? Is she part of the prophecy and not me?’
    ‘Not exactly, the prophecy was a little lost in translation. It said, “If she succeeds” it never said she would succeed alone. There was another human, one Pandora needed to get close to. For if this human turned Pokemon was on his side, there would be no way he could lose. In other words, the prophecy will fail if this other human refuses to aid you.’
    Sam gasped, ‘You mean Blaine was a human once? But he said he was here since he was a baby’
    ‘Pandora put fake memories in him, easy to do when one has amnesia. “Brad” first arrived three days before you did, but Blaine assumed they knew each-other for a lifetime. It will be hard persuading him to believe that Brad really is Pandora. Blaine was forever loyal to his friend and could possibly join him if given the chance.’
    The woman stood up to leave.
    ‘Who are you?’ Sam asked.
    ‘You can call me Christine Elia. I will say no more.’

Sam woke up, she was in the guest room of the royal castle.
    A Chespin maid came over to her. ‘Miss, would you like a royal bath and breakfast before we decide the course of action? The King personally requested you eat with him.’
    Sam felt stressed from all of this, she really needed a bath. But she really wasn’t looking forward to eating with the king. She really wasn’t too fond of him.
    ‘Where is Blaine?’
    The Chespin shrugged. ‘Who?’
    ‘My friend, he was complaining to the king before I went to bed.’
    The Chespin raised her arms in annoyance. ‘Oh him, he kept going on about his friend Brad and how we’re all deceived. He says this Pandora guy kidnapped Brad and impersonated him. He was going to go to his house to sulk but he said it felt too empty. He stayed here instead, the King accommodated hi m very well as an apology for wrongful imprisonment. He’s in the best guest room they had.’
    Sam felt a little miffed. ‘I’m the chosen hero, yet he gets the best room? Wait, he is too. I think. Blaine is also a human, I have to tell him!’
    She ran out of the room before she could even have her bath, a washtub was in the corner completely ignored.
    She walked around the castle, she had free access to any room except for the royal chambers and Embry’s room. Though she couldn’t enter Embry’s room anyway, it was magically sealed.
    As she left her guest room, she was in a large marble hallway, since the castle once belonged to humans, the doors were naturally quite big, she walked through hallway to hallway, a group of children ran past playing tag. ‘Hey miss Eevee.’ Said a young Slowpoke. ‘Wanna play? They always make me IT for some reason.’
    Sam glanced at the kids, ‘Does the King play with you?’
    A Ducklett waved his wing in dismissal. ‘Nah, he’s not really a kid, just pretending to be one. He’s really an old fogey. Why should we let him play?’
    Sam remembered the previous afternoon that the king showed interest in playing. ‘He wants to do kid things, maybe you should give him a chance.’
    The third and final kid, a Sandshrew groaned. ‘If he loses, we’d probably be sent to the dungeon…’
    ‘I dunno’ said Sam. ‘That kind of defeats the point of trying to make friends.’
    The kids ran off with the slowpoke gradually following. ‘Oh well, if he wants to play he can ask us, in fact he can pay us.’ The Ducklett said.

Sam felt her ear, the earrings were still there. The mark that she was once human. She wondered. If she had one, did Blaine? He didn’t have earrings but he could have had some other mark. She sat there in thought when Blaine came over to her.
    ‘Miss Eevee, you look hard in thought. I know this is stressful, but remember a prophecy exists for a reason. If you were to fail it wouldn’t make sense to have a prophecy wouldn’t it? I mean Arceus might have well just said, ‘Either you’ll win or you won’t just pure luck is all you’ll have.’ The fact this is a prophecy, I think it means you’ll win no matter what.’

Sam looked Blaine over, ‘Blaine. Um… I had a dream. A human came to me and told me that you were once a human too.’
    Blaine’s eyes widened. ‘&^*^%^^$ I was born a Growlithe. Brad and I were practically born at the same time, we grew up together which is why this is pure ^%$&#&& that he’s actually an evil dark Mew thing…’
    ‘But the human told me that he used his dark powers to mess with your memories. Until a few days ago Brad never existed.’
    ‘No, you have it wrong Sam, this Dark Mew is messing with your mind, it’s not me who’s delusional it’s you. He wants you to think that. Brad is captured somewhere. This Pandora person kidnapped him, stole his identity and soiled his good name. Now everyone thinks the nicest Pokemon in the village is a psychotic evil demonic creature.’
    Suddenly from around a corner a note flew towards them. ‘Samantha, Blaine, come to my room. I need to speak with you. ~Embry’
    Blaine was wide-eyed. ‘We actually get to meet Embry? Time is ticking though, we don’t know how long it’ll take for Dark Mew, NOT BRAD to turn the princess into Jirachi and gain unlimited wishes.’
    The two walked from room to room, up to the tallest tower where Embry’s room was.
    The door was still magically sealed. But there were papers, the exact amount Embry would need to talk to them with.
    One started immediately writing. “Blaine and Samantha. Heed my words. Blaine, as Samantha already knows. You were once a human from the human world. Not only that, you were her twin brother. You both together have to stop Pandora, finally then you will have your friend back.”
    Blaine had to ask. ‘You know everything. Is Brad Pandora?’
    A second paper started writing, “I will not answer that. But if you want Brad back you have to destroy Pandora.”
    ‘Because Pandora possessed him right? Kill Pandora and Brad will be free?’ Blaine asked in desperation.
    “No, Brad was an illusion. He was never a real being. But do this quest, and Arceus will owe you a favour. He can make Brad real, the Brad you knew. Samantha you are not aware but in your previous life, at nineteen years, two years ago. Your brother disappeared in front of your very eyes. You never had gotten over that. Blaine in this world had amnesia like yourself, and lived on his own. Until a few days ago his memories were rewritten. Brad was inserted into them, you are trapped in a web of lies. You probably will still continue to believe them, but please Blaine. You have to help. If you don’t stop Pandora we’re all doomed for eternity. Pandora once he becomes bored of wishes he will absorb Jirachi’s power into himself, then the powers of his good counterpart, then all the other Legendary Pokemon. All their powers together he can overthrow Arceus and this world will be torn asunder, as he recreates it in his own image. As the new God of the Pokemon.”
    Blaine went down the stairs back to his guestroom. He had enough of this. His memories were not fake, he knew that for sure, he was born in this world. Exactly what Pandora wanted him to think. If he didn’t believe he was the chosen hero, there was no way Pandora could fail.
    Blaine entering his room, he couldn’t believe his eyes. Arceus himself was standing inside.
    ‘Blaine, you were right to not believe them. They are filling your head with lies. You were not there when Brad made his speech, they falsified his speech saying he was an evil side of Mew and wanted to destroy. That is as I said a lie, he was saying how he has to purify this world. A darkness is sweeping the land, turning Pokemon into liars. Brad is trying to stop this. You were never a human but you are a chosen one. Chosen to fight by Brad’s side, he is a chosen one as well. Join him, and the two of you will save this world for the better.’
    ‘Who am I to believe?’
    ‘Blaine, Brad would never be an evil psychotic monster, and I’m on his side. Trust me please, I’m Arceus.’
    ‘But your prophecy! And the princess was kidnapped wasn’t she?’
    ‘Yes, but the princess has untapped power, we need her to stop the darkness. And the prophecy, those are lies as well. I never said anything of the sort. Come Brad is waiting for you.’

The two teleported away to a castle on the isle of fear.
    ‘Hey buddy! I missed ya.’ Brad said hugging Blaine. ‘Isn’t it cool, the two of us together to stop the evil, with Arceus on our side.’
    ‘Yeah…’ Blaine said. He actually felt uncomfortable. He knew something wasn’t right.
    ‘Come on, we have work to do. Sam will eventually come thinking I’m some dark mew clone or whatever and try to kill me. Please, you protected me from bullies when we were growing up. You have to fight her.’
    ‘Sam is my friend, I won’t fight her.’
    ‘You have to, she’ll try and kill me. Because the entire village of PokeShire is brainwashed that they’ll see me as some evil guy. I never fought anyone in my life. Please.’
    ‘No.’ Blaine said. ‘I want the truth. Are you Pandora?’
    ‘No!!’
    ‘Are you!?’
    ‘NOO!!’ Brad then cocked his head curiously. ‘For someone who was so reluctant to believe that, you sure really do think I’m him.’
    Blaine headbutted Brad/Pandora into the wall. ‘Pandora they say can read minds, Brad can’t. How did you know I didn’t believe their stories? You are a bad liar. You were that fake Arceus as well!'
    He turned back into his Black Mew form. ‘I thought I could manipulate you, I guess it’s the will of the prophecy that you are too smart for that. Oh well. Time to destroy you.’
    A horde of dittos appeared. All turning into copies of Pandora. All giving chase.
    ‘You’re dead!’ Pandora yelled. ‘Try and find refuge in my castle. I dare you! You’ll never survive!’

Sam back at PokeShire Castle was still reading notes from Embry telling of Blaine’s predicament.
    “We can only hope he survives, I cannot teleport you that great a distance. But Sir Ryal the Dragonite can fly you there.”
    ‘I never fought in my life! How can I possibly defeat an omnipotent being!’
    “If you can get to Jirachi you can wish for enough power to defeat him”

This was scary, Sam was terrified. But she had to do it. She had to save Blaine. She had to fight Pandora, but if Blaine died, or she died. The world would be doomed.
    Last edited by Chespingamer26; 23rd January 2013 at 10:15 PM.