EVERYONE: Pikachu (for SuBuWriMo)

Thread: Pikachu (for SuBuWriMo)

In the oven getting baked while waiting to scare you
    Blog Entries

Default Pikachu (for SuBuWriMo)

Pikachu

Summary: Ever wonder what our beloved electric pokémon thinks sometimes? Wander inside Pikachu’s mind as he reflects on his thoughts about his and Ash’s journey so far.

Genre: Friendship/ Family

Rated PG for EVERYONE because there won’t be much violence (those this is an anime and pokémon mind you) or swearing, PROMISE!

~* Chapter One: Cowardly and Stubborn *~
    * Entirely in Pikachu’s POV *

I’ll never forget the day I first met my best friend. You know we weren’t even friends at all back then, or at least I didn’t want to be his friend. I didn’t understand, why did we HAFT to be friends anyways? I remember the day Samuel found me, he told me I was special and that one day I would become a great hero a long with my trainer everywhere. I never knew how he grew so wise, but I guess they called him a professor for a reason!

When I first saw Ash, dressed in his pajamas and late for his first day as a pokémon trainer, I had to admit I was extremely disappointed. Why was I optional for a starter pokémon anyways? I mean really, I was an ordinary Pikachu, the starters were SUPPOSED to be a grass, water and fire type pokémon each, that didn’t include electric. I didn’t even like being in pokéballs!

So upon first impressions, I thought he was just another typical pre-teen or something, always sleeping in late. I was honestly a bit scarred, intimidated, it was my first time out of that pokéball for years anyways since the professor hated chasing me around just to get me back in. Not to mention I barely knew the guy yet I was being given away just like that? What if he was a criminal!

But then I remembered the professor’s words, if he was my trainer and he was to make me a hero, then I decided that I was stubborn enough to learn more about him. So I let myself get carried by his awkward rubber gloved hands. Boy did I hate those things; they rub against your fur and rub your skin sore. I’m so glad Ash stopped using those.

I remember the awkward trip away from Pallet Town; we still didn’t quite get along. But could you blame me? His mother WAS rather rude and offensive. Or maybe I was just far TOO stubborn back then.

He tried pulling me along; I was surprised to learn he was just as stubborn as I was. I honestly didn’t think there was ANYONE in the entire Pokémon Universe that was as stubborn I myself was. Then when I refused to battle for him, because I didn’t want to be treated like someone else’s slave and I didn’t want to be reminded I was once locked in a pokéball. He still battled, on his OWN.

It was pretty amusing; I found it absolutely hilarious at first, even the pokédex said he wasn’t very smart! He really was as stubborn as I was, and I had to admit, that was probably the first time I started warming up to him. Sure it sounds mean to actually start liking someone right when you’re laughing at, and making fun of, them. But hey I was young then, I didn’t know the difference between fan girls and Misty at first.

Then, just when I started warming up to him, I found myself becoming the target to a spearows attack because of one of his rather un-intelligent actions. That’s when I started to dislike him again.

Trust me; it’s not fun to get pecked at continuously by dozens of unbelievably sharp beaks. It was sort of point blank right then and there. My intimidation and secretly cowardly nature returned at that point. I was as new to this adventure as he was! I had no idea what to do, how to stop it, I was just in panic mode! I didn’t quite register the simple word ‘thunder’ at that point.

I found myself painfully falling of the tree branch, I heard him call my name and before I knew it I was blacked out for a good majority of that day.

I never realized until now, that his stubbornness shown for just that simple task wasn’t actually him being stubborn. It was simple a young courageous boy attempting to learn in this world of crazy battles. A boy trying to follow his dream and live life to the fullest, unlike me, a Pikachu who just lay around all day, stubbornly or cowardly refused to follow someone’s orders because I feared pokéballs. It wasn’t until later, did I discover my actual dream…

It wasn’t until later that his courage really started to rub off on me…

It wasn’t until later that I realized we were exactly alike, and that I DID have courage, but just had fears like everyone else did.

So I woke up, I found myself lying on the floor right next to him, with tons of spearows gathering around us, cornering us with their little flocks. I saw his face, somehow it had become just as injured as mine had from the beating. I didn’t really know how, or even how we got this far. I didn’t even know why I laid there, nowhere near the tree I had previously fallen out of.

I just didn’t understand so much, nor the reason had he protected me, using himself as a living shield. I realized then that for the first time, this WAS my trainer. The trainer who hadn’t put me in a pokéball because he had learned I was too afraid to go into one, the trainer who didn’t force me to fight, yet made me come with him on an adventure.

This was the trainer who was good enough to sacrifice himself for someone he didn’t know, could’ve feared, and probably disliked. Ash really was a good guy, and we were destined to be partners.

I wiggled weakly out of his hold, ignoring whatever faces he gave me. ‘Thunder’ seemed to finally pop into my mind, and that was the first time ever in my life that I actually showed courage. I jumped and let a fierce cry that no one but other pokémon could possibly understand…

… Yet my trainer knew just what was going on at that point…

Luckily enough for me, I got zapped by lightning, this both amplified my electricity and hurt me all the while managing to scare of the spearows. They flew away in fear, “How’s that, NOW who’s the coward huh?”

I felt myself get drowsy, remembering being zapped by lightning, Pikachu or not, couldn’t have been good for you. I slowly fell to the ground blacking out again. But this time… I really wasn’t scarred, because I now knew I could trust somebody, my trainer, and that in the end I would be okay.

Thus began the sparks of our friendship and journey.

Any thoughts? Any feedback? R & R as it’s ALWAYS welcomed!

Until next time ~ IC

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pikachu (for SuBuWriMo)

i like the beggining, and its interesting so far. Nice. No errors i could spot, but im not much of a grader. i'll keep reading.
    My 3ds FC: 0018 2172 7225 Safari: Rock Feel free to add me! I can only get on wifi maybe once a week at most though!
    my stats[/SIZE]|ranger

In the oven getting baked while waiting to scare you
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Pikachu (for SuBuWriMo)

Thanks! I'm glad to know someone's reading! I sure hope this isn't any errors...