My Partner Audino

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Goombario_Jr

Thread: My Partner Audino

"Pikachu! Juuman Boruto!" Goombario_Jr's Avatar

Default My Partner Audino

I absolutely loved living in Mistralton City. It was a small area without many problems, it was the home to a landing runway, and we were blessed with a beautiful Gym Leader. For someone who wanted a quiet life without much fuss, it was the perfect place to be.

As relaxing as life was, after a while, you would itch to get some excitement going in your life, wouldn't you? Not very many people stayed in Mistralton; they were either passerby trainers who had come to battle Skyla, the Gym Leader, or were just on their way to the neighboring town. Tourism wasn't exactly something we were known for.

After spending a few years in this quaint little burg, I had finally decided that I was going to give up my peaceful life in exchange for life as a Pokemon Trainer. Sure, things would be a bit more hectic; Gym battles, catching Pokemon, and camping under the stars every night, but who doesn't need a bit of variety once in a while? There was only one problem: There weren't many Pokemon around here, and the ones that were tended to leave humans alone.

My family wasn't one that wanted to live around here at all. We lived in the big city of Celadon during most of my childhood, only to be uprooted all the way to Unova for my father's business. My older sister took no time in taking charge of things: she bought herself a Poke Ball, went exploring on the outskirts of town, and caught a Cubchoo which she named "Snuffles." At the time, I saw no reason in leaving, so I watched as she and "Snuffles" started their life on the road. It's been a couple years since then, and the traveling bug had been starting to bite at me as well.

Since I had no luck catching a Pokemon of my own (and had lost the only Poke Ball I had to my name,) I decided to do the next best thing: hit up the Pokemon Center for advice.

It was a place I often spent time at, whether it be chatting with a few of my friends that stopped in during their own travels, or just cooling off during hot summer days. Nurse Joy was an amazing person, and always invited me to have lunch with her, or to use the center's personal PC for whatever I wanted. Today was going to be much different.

I walked into the building when the red, sliding door opened. As per usual, Joy greeted me with a wave and a warm smile.

"Good morning, Samuel. How are you doing?" Nurse Joy asked. I shook my head, smiling at her.

"You know I prefer being called 'Sam,' Joy." I corrected her. Nurse Joy giggled, winking at me before continuing her work. I hated being called "Samuel," as hearing that name made people think of Kanto's Pokemon Professor, Samuel Oak. I sat down on one of the red couches, stretching my arms. "Actually, I'm here for a reason today."

Joy sat down her clipboard, returning her attention to me. "Yes? Is it something I can help you with?" she asked. I nodded, standing up to approach the desk she stood behind.

"You've known me for years, Joy, so you know more than anyone that I've really wanted to go out and see the world for a long time now." I said. Joy nodded, smiling at me.

"It is something you've mentioned before," She replied, "but what does that change about today?"

"Well, I've decided that today's going to be that day. I want to hit the road and become a Pokemon Trainer." I said proudly, placing my hands on my hips. Joy giggled at my little 'pose.' "Anyway, I don't have any Poke Balls, and I know the Pokemon Center has a lot of wild Pokemon around that don't have a trainer, so I was wondering … well …"

"You're asking if I can give you your own Pokemon." Joy asked. I nodded, with a look of embarrassment on my face. "Of course I can!" she said. "It would be my pleasure!"

"You mean it? That's awesome! Thank you, Nurse Joy!" I exclaimed, holding back hugging the woman. Joy opened the counter, motioning for me to follow her. We walked through two double doors, leading us into a room filled with shelves and Poke Balls.

"Well, they're not labeled, but I have a general idea of what's where. What were you thinking of?" Joy asked. "I have plenty of Pokemon here that would just love you, I'm sure of it!"

I hadn't really given this much thought; I figured she'd thrust a Patrat in my hands and wish me the best of luck. What kind of Pokemon would be good for someone like me? Could I bond with a Darumaka, or maybe a Sandile? Nah, everyone has one of those. I need something that isn't too flashy, yet not all that common.

"I want something … suited to me, I guess." I said, shrugging my shoulders. "You know me well enough, Joy. What would you recommend?"

"Well, you always help me tend to wounded wild Pokemon, and you're always looking out for the kids around here. You're practically a nurse yourself!" We both laughed at the comment; it was all too true. If I passed through the training classes, I could likely work at a Pokemon Center myself. "I have an idea. Wait right here!" Joy said, walking through another set of double doors.

It seemed like hours, but within minutes, Joy returned. She handed me a Pink Poke Ball, one with a shining finish: A Heal Ball. I examined the pink orb in my grasp, my face reflecting off the polished surface.

"I just received an Audino that my sister in Striaton City caught but doesn't have room for. I would use it as a nurse here, but I already have an Audino of my own. Since you tend to have just as many nurse qualities as I do, I think it would be the perfect companion!" Joy exclaimed. "Go on, let's see!"

I pressed the button on the front of the Heal Ball, causing it to pop open. In a blue flash of light, the "Hearing Pokemon," Audino, appeared in front of me. It looked up at me with a smile. A look of sheer excitement filled its' eyes.

"Audi …!" Audino exclaimed, slowly waddling towards me and hugging my legs. I chuckled, patting my new Pokemon's soft head. "Audino, Audi!"

"Only a minute and she's already taken to you." Joy said. "That's so cute!" As another grin crossed Joy's lips, it just as soon turned into a frown. "You don't have a Trainer's License, though … that is going to make things rather difficult."

"I bought a Pokedex many years ago from a Professor's website." I said. "If anything, that'll be enough to get me by. Besides, I thought they stopped making licenses mandatory years ago."

"You're right, they did." Joy said, gently tapping herself on the head. "But still, it would be handy to have one on you, in case of some emergency." I shook my head, looking down and scratching the fur of Audino, who was still clinging to my legs.

"Nah, little Audino here is all the proof I need." I said. "I really appreciate this, Nurse Joy. I promise that I'll take good care of her."

"I have no doubts about that." Joy replied. "Hurry home now, you should pack a bit before you just rush off."

"You're right. Come on, Audino. Let's go home." I said, following Joy through the doors. Audino slowly waddled behind me, smiling at me the entire time. She was a bit weary of the sliding door, but after I showed her how it worked, she became fascinated and I had to wait a few minutes for her to finish playing with it. "It's only a few steps away, so let's hurry."

"Audi…!" Audino said, following me as fast as her little legs would carry.

Inside, I noticed that neither of my parents were currently home. For my father, this wasn't unusual, since his job demanded him in many different places. Mom was likely out shopping or taking a walk. She had mentioned before about visiting her girlfriends in another town.

Audino looked around with wide eyes, amazed at the sights. I chuckled, patting her head.

"Come on, we don't have much time to play around." I said. Audino gave a determined nod, waddling behind me as I headed upstairs—she was just as ready for this new life as I am. I opened my bedroom door, watching Audino walk in with an even more, awe-inspired expression. My bedroom was nothing unusual; posters of a few Pokemon on the walls, a bookshelf with a red-and-white Poke Ball finish, and my bed in a corner. I didn't know what my Pokemon found so incredible about my house, but I wasn't going to ruin it for her.

"Audino …" Audino said, walking around. Before I could warn her, she tripped over a Poke Ball pillow on the floor, landing on top of it. "Audino!" Audino said happily, hugging the soft cushion under her. "Audi!"

That was cute.

"Okay, we'll call that your pillow. We'll bring it with us, so you'll have something to sleep on tonight." I said. Audino's eyes lit up when she heard this. She quickly ran over to me, hugging my legs once more.

"Audi! Audi, Audi!" Audino exclaimed, nuzzling my legs. "Audino!"

"Okay I get it, you're welcome!" I said, the two of us laughing soon after. I grabbed the round pillow and shoved it into a large, blue backpack hanging on my wall. "Okay, I need to get some clothes, and pack us some snacks, and make sure we have everything we'll ever need."

"Audi?" Audino looked at me, pointing to an old pizza box on the floor.

"No, we don't need that. That's garbage." I said. I picked up the box and hurled it towards a trash can, where it bounced off the wall and hit me in the face. Audino laughed loudly, falling on her back. "That wasn't funny, Audino!" I said, walking over to the can and cramming the box inside. "I'll get my clothes. Why don't you look around and see if there's anything you like?"

"Audi." Audino nodded, standing up. She looked around for a moment before something caught her eye. She waddled off to another corner of the room while I gathered a few shirts and stuffed them into my pack. I wasn't sure what Audino had found, but she wasn't making noise which meant she wasn't breaking something.

After a few more shirts, pairs of jeans, and enough underwear to last me quite a while, I turned to look for my new traveling partner. Audino was nowhere to be found.

Oh crap.

"Audino, are you in here? Please tell me you didn't leave the room…" I muttered. "Come on Audino, being lost isn't a game. It makes me worry." I said. "Come out now, okay?"

"Audino?" The closet door slowly opened, and Audino poked her head out from behind. She walked out to face me, and it was hard to not laugh at the sight of her. She had one of my button-up, formal shirts on, which was way too big for her, and a pair of my summer shorts were hanging off one of her ears.

"If you wanted to play dress up, I could have you showed you my sister's room." I said. "Are you ready to go?" I asked. Audino smiled, pulling my clothing off of her and following me out of the room. I grabbed my wallet from the kitchen counter, stuffing it into my back pocket. I had been saving up for this day, so this should be enough cash until we get into competitive battling.

I opened the front door, looking out at this beautiful spring day. My blue jeans were a bit more torn than they should be, my black shirt (with the outline of an Oshawott on it) was probably too dirty, and my white sneakers probably needed airing out, but I didn't care. This was the start of my new life with my Audino, and my status as a Pokemon Trainer. I placed a black hat on my head, a small Pikachu-shaped patch decorating the front.

I may look stupid as hell, but I'm ready. I adjusted my glasses that were slipping down my nose, and started walking. Audino quickly caught up with me, walking alongside me as we headed for the outskirts of town.

"Wait a second." I paused in place, placing a hand to my chin. Something was off.

"Audino?" Audino stopped, looking at me.

"Do we head to Driftveil, or go climb Twist Mountain?" I asked myself out loud, looking down at Audino. "Would you prefer walking, or mountain climbing?"

"Audino." Audino replied. I hoped that meant "walking," as that's what we continued doing. The first obstacle I knew of would be Chargestone Cave, but since Audino had healing powers, it wasn't something I was too worried about.

Since the cave was one of the entrances into the city, it took us only a few minutes to reach it. We peeked inside, seeing the area dimly lit by what looked like electric bouncing off the walls. I headed inside, looking down to see Audino wasn't by my side.

"Audi! Audi-no!" Audino said, her entire body shivering in fear. She pointed in the cave's direction, shaking her head.

"You're not scared of the dark, are you?" I asked. Audino looked up at me, tears swelling up in her eyes.

"Audi …" Audino spoke quietly, sniffling. I grabbed her paw, wrapping my hand around it. "Audi?" she looked up at me, tilting her head.

"I'll be with you, and I promise that I won't let anything happen to you. Do you trust me?" I said, giving her a warm smile. "I promise, Audino. You'll be fine."

"Aud … Audino." Audino nodded, walking past me but taking care that her paw didn't leave my hand. I slowly followed her, watching the pink Pokemon enter the rocky cave. She started shivering from the first step inside, but that quickly subsided when I gave her paw a tight squeeze. "Audi." She looked up at me with a smile, giving me a small nod.

"Come on, this is the first step to a new place. We can do this." I said, nodding as well. The two of us started walking; I had explored this cave as a kid, so I knew where we were going, but I thought it best to let Audino lead and gain some self-confidence.

---

It cuts off because I've never had any drive to finish it, but it's one of the few things I have that can be put in a public place. I don't know where I was going with the "No licenses thing," though. I assume it was because during the R/B/Y days, the game boxes always said something along the lines of "You now have your Pokemon license" and they stopped doing that.
    Kaori likes this.

Fairy Queen Kaori's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kaori on Tumblr

Default Re: My Partner Audino

Oh man, you had me gushing over Audino in no time. I hope maybe one day you'll feel like finishing it, because it's adorable ='D

[12:40:02 AM] Karamazov: I call Kaori the chick who could crush me under her tits
    ~ Proud Head of Entertainment, Inc. ~ Fanclub ~ Come join the conversation in the Entertainment, Inc. General Chat Thread!~

"Pikachu! Juuman Boruto!" Goombario_Jr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ebelle View Post
    Oh man, you had me gushing over Audino in no time. I hope maybe one day you'll feel like finishing it, because it's adorable ='D
    Thank you, I'm glad you like it. I don't know if I'll finish it anytime soon, but your post did remind me to get a trainer card sig, so thanks for that too.

Fairy Queen Kaori's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kaori on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Goombario_Jr View Post
    Thank you, I'm glad you like it. I don't know if I'll finish it anytime soon, but your post did remind me to get a trainer card sig, so thanks for that too.
    Oh, I will eagerly await that eventuality. <3
    Haha, cool. You're welcome. :P

[12:40:02 AM] Karamazov: I call Kaori the chick who could crush me under her tits
    ~ Proud Head of Entertainment, Inc. ~ Fanclub ~ Come join the conversation in the Entertainment, Inc. General Chat Thread!~