My New Fanfic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My New Fanfic

Blog Entries

Default My New Fanfic

I stopped the old one in favor of a new one set in a region created (almost) entirely by me! The only things I didn't come up with are the name (credits to Lugion for that one) and the non-Legendary Pokemon. They'll be the same as ever. Otherwise, the region, towns, environment, and Legendary Pokemon were all my idea.

First, here is the region, Turlego (turr-LAY-go)!

(by the way, the region and its name are meant to be a joke, +50 internets if you can explain it to me.

And here is a geographic break down of it.

Light Green=Jungle
    Tan=Desert
    Dark Blue=Mountains
    Light Blue=Water Route
    Grey=Rock fields
    Red=Fertile volcanic soil
    Dark Green=Grassland
    Yellow=Beaches
    Purple-Mangrove Swamp

Here is the key to those numbers everywhere.

1-Seaspray Town. The oldest settlement in Turlego, it is a sleepy town where the adventure begins.

2-Route 1. This is a short route that runs along the beach.

3-Floodgate City. A city whose beachside location causes constant flooding. After having numerous floodgates installed, it changed its name to Floodgate City.

4-Route 2
    . This route starts off as a pleasant field and ends in a mangrove swamp.

5-Mangrove City
    . Located in the heart of Turlego's mangrove swamp, it is secluded and has a poison gym.

6-Route 3
    . A straightforward, blissfully short water route.

7-Route 4
    . A short route that leads to Voltage City.

8-Voltage City
    . A city founded specifically by a corporation known as Noble Energy Incorporated to provide a city for their HQ. There is, however, an Electric type gym here.

9-Noble HQ
    . The headquarters of Noble Energy Incorporated.

10-Route 5
    . A route that starts off in the mangrove swamp, but ends in a lush valley.

11-Cindercone City. A city named for its location at the foot of a volcano,. It is a misnomer because Turlego's volcano is actually a stratovolcano. Regardless, this city creates important geo-thermal power that Noble uses to power its projects on Turlego.

12-Route 6
    . A rocky route that leads to Igneous Town.

13-Igneous Town
    . A smallish town built on a rock field. There is a rock type gym here.

14-Route 7
    . This route passes through Turlego's grasslands before ending in Broomweed City.

15-Broomweed City
    . Located near the heart of Turlego's grasslands, Broomweed City is fairly laid back and there is some small time farming around its outskirts. There is a grass type gym here.

16-Route 8
    . This is a steep, rocky slope that leads into the cold mountains located in the northern part of Turlego.

17-Cliffside City. A chilly city located on a cliff overlooking the sea north of Turlego. The craggy rock formations are home to many species of flying types, so there is naturally a flying type gym here.

18-Oil Rig
    . In the sea south of Turlego, there is an oil rig run by Noble Energy Inc. The first floor has been turned into an outpost for travelers, while the top part harvest oil from the sea.

19-Route 9
    . A simple water route leading to the oil rig.

20-Route 10. A long water route that leads to a new isolated farming area known as the Citrus Flats. This route allows travelers to bypass the rock fields to the south west of the volcano.

21-Citrus Flats. A new area isolated from the rest of the island. It is actually a small farming village that lacks a gym of any kind.

22-Secret Route. A very well disguised path that leads deep into the jungle.

23-Jungle Camp
    . A camp located in the jungle at the base of the mountain range that very few know of.

24-Route 11
    . A boring route that leads to the Quad Road.

25-Quad Road
    . A road built over the desert that allows Noble Energy vehicles to quickly go to and from the strip mine.

26-Strip Mine
    . A strip mine located in the northern desert of Turlego.

27-Route 12
    . A jungle route that leads to Rafflesia City.

28-Rafflesia City
    . The largest city in Turlego is located in what is arguably the heart of the jungle. Due to the multiple kinds of Pokemon living in the jungle around it, trainers have adapted and use multiple types of Pokemon to defend themselves, and as is such, their gym is a multitype gym.

I know it's kind of a small region, but it is the first entirely original region I've ever come up with.

Tomorrow, I'll post gym leader and E4 information before beginning the new story in a new thread (as this is just an introductory one)

Blog Entries

Default Re: My New Fanfic

Seaspray Town. Hah.

And yes, I did come up with Turlego.

Also:

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mask Marauder View Post
    -All chapters of a fic must be posted in the same thread. In addition, whatever serves as the first part of the story must be in the first post. That means that a table of contents cannot make up the entirety of the first post, however they can be a part of it. Thread titles may be edited to reflect the latest chapter posted, and initial posts may be edited to include links to later chapters. However, sequels, prequels, spinoffs, splinters, etc., are NOT considered part of the same story and must be posted in new threads.
    Might wanna take care of that. ;)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lugion View Post
    Seaspray Town. Hah.
    LAWL it's only in 1 chapter.

But this has no story elements in it. It's just describing it.

Blog Entries

I believe this would go in the Writer's Block, then. Not entirely sure, but I think that's how it goes.

Blog Entries

Eh. Then they'll move it.

Blog Entries

Turlego=Turkey leg.

Made by Blue Dragon!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus Prime View Post
    Turlego=Turkey leg.
    You win.

It actually took Ultra Pidgeot here a few minutes to get it.

Blog Entries

You win.

The second I saw that map I was all like "Hey, that looks familiar...SOMEONE"S BEEN CHEWING ON A TURKEY LEG!!!"

Yay. I get my Internets now?

Made by Blue Dragon!

Blog Entries

You win.

Like 30 seconds.

The second I saw that map I was all like "Hey, that looks familiar...SOMEONE"S BEEN CHEWING ON A TURKEY LEG!!!"

Yay. I get my Internets now?
    Here you go.

Also, in retrospect, can a mod move this to Writer's Block, please?

Blog Entries

The first four Gym Leaders I've completed. These aren't the first four the character fights, however.

Floodgate City Water Type Gym Leader-Bruce. Has a Floatzel (Water Gun, Aqua Jet, Crunch, Quick Attack), Sharpedo (Crunch, Slash, Aqua Jet), Bibarel (Hyper Fang, Water Gun, Rollout, Yawn), and Gorebyss (Water Pulse, Captivate, Brine, and Rest). Bruce is one of the last Gyms the character fights. He awards trainers that defeat him the Tsunami Badge.

Mangrove City Poison Type Gym Leader-Brett. Has an Ekans (Poison Sting, Bite, Glare, Wrap) and a Gulpin (Sludge, Poison Gas, Yawn, Pound). He is one of the earlier gyms the character fights. He awards trainers that defeat him the Arsenic Badge.

Voltage City Electric Type Gym Leader-Nikola. Has a Raichu (Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Slam), Luxio (Spark, Bite, Roar, Shock Wave), and an Electabuzz (Thundershock, Light Screen, Low Kick, Protect). Nikola fights the character halfway through the quest. He awards trainers that defeat him the Roberts Badge. (=OVER 9000 Internets if you can tell me what the badge name is a reference to)

Cindercone City Fire Type Gym Leader-Adeon. Has a Ninetales (Confuse Ray, Flamethrower, Safeguard, Payback), Magmar (Smokescreen, Confuse ray, Fire Punch, Fire Spin), Torkoal (Curse, Smokescreen, Flamethrower), and a Numel (Magnitude, Focus Energy, Amnesia, Lava Plume). He awards trainers that defeat him the Magma Badge.
    Last edited by Ultra Pidgeot; 19th August 2010 at 01:43 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Pidgeot View Post
    The first four Gym Leaders I've completed. These aren't the first four the character fights, however.

Floodgate City Water Type Gym Leader-Bruce. Has a Floatzel (Water Gun, Aqua Jet, Crunch, Quick Attack), Sharpedo (Crunch, Slash, Aqua Jet), Bibarel (Hyper Fang, Water Gun, Rollout, Yawn), and Gorebyss (Water Pulse, Captivate, Brine, and Rest). Bruce is one of the last Gyms the character fights. He awards trainers that defeat him the Tsunami Badge.

Mangrove City Poison Type Gym Leader-Brett. Has an Arbok (Poison Sting, Bite, Acid) and a Gulpin (Sludge, Encore, Toxic). He is one of the earlier gyms the character fights. He awards trainers that defeat him the Arsenic Badge.

Voltage City Electric Type Gym Leader-Nikola. Has a Raichu (Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Slam), Luxio (Spark, Bite, Roar, Shock Wave), and an Electabuzz (Thundershock, Light Screen, Low Kick, Protect). Nikola fights the character halfway through the quest. He awards trainers that defeat him the Roberts Badge. (=OVER 9000 Internets if you can tell me what the badge name is a reference to)

Cindercone City Fire Type Gym Leader-Adeon. Has a Ninetales (Confuse Ray, Flamethrower, Safeguard, Payback), Magmar (Smokescreen, Confuse ray, Fire Punch, Fire Spin), Torkoal (Curse, Smokescreen, Flamethrower), and a Numel (Magnitude, Focus Energy, Amnesia, Lava Plume). He awards trainers that defeat him the Magma Badge.
    For my Internets: Well, I know for sure that the name Nikola is a reference to Nikola Tesla, who created the Tesla coil. For the badge...I'm not sure, but I'll guess that electricity is bright, so the badge name is a reference to Robert, which means "bright" in German.
    Or, in could be a reference to the store Robert Electrical Appliances.
    But perhaps the most likely story is that Nikola Tesla, whom the gym leader is based off of, had a friend named Robert Underwood, who was an editor for a magazine. Since the gym leader himself is based off Nikola, it stands to reason that the Roberts Badge is based off someone close to him.

I do like your gym leader descriptions, but you might want to start the story before people lost interest.

Made by Blue Dragon!

Blog Entries

For my Internets: Well, I know for sure that the name Nikola is a reference to Nikola Tesla, who created the Tesla coil. For the badge...I'm not sure, but I'll guess that electricity is bright, so the badge name is a reference to Robert, which means "bright" in German.
    Or, in could be a reference to the store Robert Electrical Appliances.
    But perhaps the most likely story is that Nikola Tesla, whom the gym leader is based off of, had a friend named Robert Underwood, who was an editor for a magazine. Since the gym leader himself is based off Nikola, it stands to reason that the Roberts Badge is based off someone close to him.
    I didn't actually ever think of any of those, but they make sense.

THE OTHER 4 GYM LEADERS (then I'll post the story)

Igneous Town Rock Type Gym Leader-Lana. She has a Sudowoodo (Low Kick, Rock Throw, Mimic, Faint Attack), Onix (Rock Throw, Rage, Rock Tomb, Slam), and a Shieldon (Metal sound, Take Down, Swagger, AncientPower). She awards trainers who defeat her the Granite Badge.

Broomweed City Grass Type Gym Leader-Abilene. She has a Leafeon (Razor Leaf, Quick Attack, Synthesis, Magical Leaf), a Tropius (Gust, Razor Leaf, Stomp, Magical Leaf), a Lombre (Absorb, Fury Swipes, Bullet Seed, BubbleBeam), and a Breloom (Stun Spore, Leech Seed, Mega Drain, Mach Punch). She awards trainers that defeat her the Chlorophyll Badge.

Cliffside City Flying Type Gym Leader-
    Charles. He has a Swellow (Quick attack, Wing attack, Endeavor), a Staravia (Quick Attack, Wing Attack, Double Team, Aerial Ace), a Noctowl (Sky Attack, Hypnosis, Take Down, Air Slash), and a Skarmory (Fury Attack, Air Cutter, Spikes, Steel Wing). He awards trainers that defeat him the Audubon Badge.

Rafflesia City Multitype Gym Leader-
    Sven. He has a Pidgeot (Wing Attack, Quick Attack, Roost, Hyper Beam), a Jolteon (ThunderShock, Quick attack, Double Kick, Thunderfang), a Typhlosion (Flame Wheel, Lava Plume, Swift, Flamethrower), a Dewgong (Aurora Beam, Aqua Jet, Takedown, Sheer Cold), a Butterfree (Sleep Powder, Gust, Psybeam, Silver Wind), and a Hypno (Psychic, Confusion, Headbutt, Focus Punch). He awards trainers who defeat him the Awesome Badge.
    Last edited by Ultra Pidgeot; 1st August 2010 at 09:24 PM.

Blog Entries

It comes from Robert Stack, who can't deal with it right now, 'cause he's busy not dealing with things in the great Autobot City in the sky... :(

I seriously have no idea.

is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Where's the first chapter, BTW...? I don't see it anywhere.

Blog Entries

He's asked for this to be moved, but it hasn't yet. :/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast