I decided to set out for a nighttime drive out in a road much resembling either the countryside or a dead end road. As I drove down the road, I saw white fence like barriers bordered around land but they looked so alike that after a while I might as well have thought that they were all linked together. After driving for sometime down a straight stretch of road, I drove around a corner and stopped at a speed limit sign where the fences stopped. I was the only midnight traveler on this deserted stretch of road, so I stopped the car by the sign and decided to go for a walk on the empty road in front of me. I walked a few feet until I saw what looked like a young man walking towards me. I must have accidentally left the headlights on because I could clearly see him and he was trying to say something but no sound came from him. I stood there watching him for a few minutes until I saw that he was walking faster towards me and that time I could make out that he was saying "help me". Frightened, I ran a few feet and then I turned around- the man was no longer there. All that my headlights were now beaming on was the empty stretch of road up ahead where the man was a few minutes ago. The man had simply vanished into thin air as I was unable to see him in the other directions near the road. Shrugging off what had happened, I walked back to my car and drove away...

This is probably the shortest story I have ever written. It was some weird idea that popped into my head last year and I decided to write it down. I posted it on FictionPress for people to read. I wrote it so that the main character and the mysterious man could be anyone that the viewer wanted/imagined. The mysterious man I wanted to be a mystery so that readers could guess on who or what he might be without giving too much info away.