TEEN: Locked in Battle (SuBuWriMo) *Chapter 5 up*

Thread: Locked in Battle (SuBuWriMo) *Chapter 5 up*

J'ai Envie De Toi AetherX's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Locked in Battle (SuBuWriMo) *Chapter 5 up*

Hey everyone! I've been awfully busy lately, but SuBuWriMo looked too tempting to pass up. I'm going for 50k words, but we'll see.

EDIT: JK 10k words now.

EDIT EDIT: SuBuWriMo's over now, but I got my 10,502 words in. I'll finish the story, but that's all she wrote as far as the contest goes (see what I did there? Only... I'm not a she...)

I don't know how long this fic is going to be, as I honestly have no idea where I'm going to go with it. I just wanted to write something, and this idea came to mind. I'm actually writing it all on the fly, so bear with me if the story is a little choppy. It's a little different from other Pokemon fics, and to be quite honest it wasn't originally going to have Pokemon in it. I just realized when I started writing that they fit in perfectly. I'll shut up now and get on with the story.

Table of Contents
    Chapter 1 - Hammer Fall (below)
    Chapter 2 - Legacy
    Chapter 3 - Stranger in a Strange Land
    Chapter 4 - Worth of Life
    Chapter 5 - Another Point of View

Chapter 1:
    Hammer Fall

Last edited by AetherX; 1st July 2011 at 01:11 AM.

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

Blog Entries

Default Re: Locked in Battle (SuBuWriMo)

This should give a satisfying amount of background.

Chapter 2:
    Legacy

Last edited by AetherX; 28th June 2011 at 03:01 AM.

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

Blog Entries

This is so cool. A pokemon bloodsport is always something i've tried to write but I never pulled it off. I cant wait to see how this goes and I love the personalised armor. on a side note liking the banner, very flash.
    Read my fanfic Tales of the Gym leader's and comment if you like or dislike it thanks

A massive thanks to Kyuujux for the amazing banner

Now with capital letter Pseudonym's Avatar

I find this to be great; it's good to see some interactions between humans and Pokemon during a battle, although maybe it is a little too harsh to have the possibility to KILL your opponent after the match? Anyhow, please keep it up. I'm hooked.
    The path of a pseudo-champion.

SuBuWriMo total: 3588 words.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sharktooth162 View Post
    This is so cool. A pokemon bloodsport is always something i've tried to write but I never pulled it off. I cant wait to see how this goes and I love the personalised armor. on a side note liking the banner, very flash.
    Glad you like it!

Quote Originally Posted by pseudonym12 View Post
    I find this to be great; it's good to see some interactions between humans and Pokemon during a battle, although maybe it is a little too harsh to have the possibility to KILL your opponent after the match? Anyhow, please keep it up. I'm hooked.
    Thanks for reading! Well, that's a pretty significant part of the story. One of the "morals" if you will. I'll go over it more in chapter four.

Sorry to keep you all waiting! I've been really busy lately, what with final projects, exams, parties, music, saying goodbye to my foreign exchange student friends, and trying to find time to spend with my girl. It's been a long month, but I have two days to finish this. I'm aiming for 10,000 words and the end of the story, but I don't know if that will happen. Believe in the heart of the cards or what have you! Prepare for a chapter blitz tomorrow (or today, depending on where you're at). This one's pretty half-assed to be quite honest. I didn't get much time to revise it, and it was super rushed. But you're gonna have to deal with it.

Warning: This chapter contains the killing and eating of Pokemon. If that bugs you, then don't read it.

Chapter 3:
    Stranger in a Strange Land

Last edited by AetherX; 28th June 2011 at 03:00 AM.

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

Blog Entries

Default Re: Locked in Battle (SuBuWriMo) *Chapter 3 up*

God, I procrastinate so much. I should be able to reach my word goal in the next 24 hours, but it's two chapters until I finish (including one super epic battle climax). I'll give it a shot

Hope y'all like this'un. Once again, no revision so it kind of sucks. Tomorrow's won't be much better.

Chapter 4:
    The Worth of Life

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

Blog Entries

Default Re: Locked in Battle (SuBuWriMo) *Chapter 4 up*

Damn this is cool. I love the way you make the pokeon reflect the warrior with the Lucario trainer being really pompous and full of themselves and the action is really well described. Are you going to continue it after the SuBuWriMo or not?
    Read my fanfic Tales of the Gym leader's and comment if you like or dislike it thanks

A massive thanks to Kyuujux for the amazing banner

Now with capital letter Pseudonym's Avatar

Quite amazing. Yes, i've seen some typos here and there but it's very good written overall, especially if you're doing for SuBuWriMo (which ends today). Good plot too, I'm very interested on what will happen next and it's great that Matthian has understood not to kill. Keep it up!
    The path of a pseudo-champion.

SuBuWriMo total: 3588 words.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sharktooth162 View Post
    Damn this is cool. I love the way you make the pokeon reflect the warrior with the Lucario trainer being really pompous and full of themselves and the action is really well described. Are you going to continue it after the SuBuWriMo or not?
    Well, my current story won't be much longer, but I do plan to finish it. After all, this isn't the last chapter but this is the deadline. I'll probably update Unpredictable before I finish this. It's been too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudonym View Post
    Quite amazing. Yes, i've seen some typos here and there but it's very good written overall, especially if you're doing for SuBuWriMo (which ends today). Good plot too, I'm very interested on what will happen next and it's great that Matthian has understood not to kill. Keep it up!
    Yeah, I've caught quite a few typos too, looking back. I'm glad you like the plot, I personally find it a little simplistic compared to my usual stuff, but that's what happens when you try to write a shorter story.

The last speed-written chapter. I'll try to spend more time on the next one.

Chapter 5:
    Another Point of View

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWYYEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT NOW?!?! TEN THOUSAND WORDS BITCHES!!!!!!!

*ahem*

Glad I could reach this goal in time. Or at least in my time. Where I live, we have 52 minutes until July.
    Last edited by AetherX; 1st July 2011 at 01:21 AM.

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

Game Completionist LightArrows.exe's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit LightArrows.exe's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Locked in Battle (SuBuWriMo) *Chapter 5 up*

To bad you didn't reach your goal. But I did. Twice! Better luck with ending it faster next time! :)