Line Inspiration
Page 1 of 113 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Line Inspiration

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Line Inspiration

RG and I were IMing earlier and we came up with the idea to fire up the creative juices by throwing out single lines and seeing what the other person comes up with *all of ours turned out Pokemon related, so how about we keep with that? Y'know, given the theme of the board and all*

The way this works is someone throws out a line and the next person to post does a follow-up paragraph, then posts a seperate line for the person after that to work from. (the paragraphs are only related to the single line, and not from the prior person's paragraph...or alternately, just say "prior person's paragraph" 6 times fast)

*ahem* I'll begin...

"Look," he commented, "this sort of thing may play in the sticks, but you're in Saffron now."

(who wants to run with this?)

Sorta like a round robin, isn't it?

:) and I'd have a go but am on block, because of stupid side effects of stupid steroids. Evil things. <shifty eyes>

so sell your suit and tie and come and live with me
    leukemia schizophrenia polyethylene
    there is no significant risk to your health
    she used to be beautiful once as well

plastic bag, middle class, polyethylene
    decaffeinate, unleaded, keep all surfaces clean
    if you don't believe this, sell your soul
    if you don't get into it, no one will

"We need you to produce. Silph is expected to stay two steps ahead of the competition at all times. If you can't handle the pressure, go back to your little hometown business." With that, the man closed the door and left, allowing the full gravity of his message to sink in.

Blog Entries

*prod* New line?

Sometimes the strain of being on the road got to Wigglytuff.

Blog Entries

It had been a while since she last saw her daughter, but she knew she would find her. Anywhere those humans went, so did Jigglypuff, marker in hand. And Wigglytuff had always just missed them. But she knew it was about to change, and she would have her daughter back home to Neon Town...she hoped.

my turn!

"I really don't know what to do any more, Professor! I just...can't think straight any more!"

Manga Sam Fangirl Revolutionary Girl's Avatar
    Blog Entries

"I really don't know what to do any more, Professor! I just...can't think straight any more!"
    "You think you've got problems?" Sam snapped, gesturing towards her... well... his chest. "How do you think I feel, Delia? Trying to be me is easier than trying to be you! You've just got to deal with pretending to think for a while! I've got to deal with... with these!" He waved a hand at her... no, his chest. Damn the day we saw the Unown... and damn them for not understanding my desires more clearly! I said I wanted to be one with her, not be her!
    ---

Wow, that was odd. Okay, next line:

...Why, the bastard was smirking at her! "Not bad, but I believe you'll need a bit more practice if you're going to keep up with me."

"Ol' Flying Fingers Sammy jumped the gun."

Pokemaniacs Anonymous: Growing old =/= growing up.

Blog Entries

LOL!!!! Perfect! That's classic! now to deal with this one...hmmmm...

Originally posted by Revolutionary Girl
    ...Why, the bastard was smirking at her! "Not bad, but I believe you'll need a bit more practice if you're going to keep up with me."
    She glared at him. Who did this arrogant bastard think he was? "Lissen here, you may be the most famous assassin in Rocket history," she told him "but NO ONE messes with the Black Tulip."
    He looked shocked, apparent even through his mask, then relaxed into a broad grin. "That's what I wanna hear, chickie..."

********now for you guys, another line!!!********

"Just tell me, is he going to be all right?!"
    I couldn't lie to her, eyes shining with tears. But there was no right way to phrase it, no words to summon up to soften the blow. "I'm sorry..."

Manga Sam Fangirl Revolutionary Girl's Avatar
    Blog Entries

"Just tell me, is he going to be all right?!"
    I couldn't lie to her, eyes shining with tears. But there was no right way to phrase it, no words to summon up to soften the blow. "I'm sorry..."
    Then my own voice caught in my throat. Why was doing this so difficult? I should have been desensitized to it by now. I had told so many trainers over the years that their faithful monsters were in such pain, that their dearest friends had to die. I'd even had to accept the reality of death for my own pokemon. So why couldn't I handle it now, with her?

Because I had carried the memory of this girl and her Togepi in my mind for forty years. Because I could see how loving she was with him. Because I remember thinking, with the momentary jealousy of an adolescent boy, that I wanted her to focus less of her attention upon the silly creature and more on me, for just a moment.

"... But Togepi's not responding to the radiation treatments. I just... I'm afraid... I wish there was more I could do."

She covered her mouth with her hands for a moment, and I prepared myself for the rage against me that was sure to follow. This was Misty, after all--she would fight. She would blame me and fight me, demand some sort of action from me.

Then she came to lean her head against my chest. I felt her tears seeping through my shirt. "It's all right, Professor. You've done so much already. Please just... make it less painful for him."

I held her close, shamefully gloried in having a crush from my youth so close to me, wished I could do more to make it less painful for her too.
    ---

Wow. Too long. And Angsty Sam. And utterly needless Lolitashipping. And warping canon to do it. But she dared me to! :bawling:

Now for everyone's line! I hope you're all getting the hang of it! Please join in!

Those who knew him well, or thought they did, would have been surprised to see him turn in at the narrow door, sparing a furtive glance in either direction before descending the steps from the street. It wasn’t his kind of place, it wasn’t in his kind of neighbourhood, and he was dressed entirely too well to be there.

"Ol' Flying Fingers Sammy jumped the gun."

Pokemaniacs Anonymous: Growing old =/= growing up.

Blog Entries

WOW! DUDE that was good!

Originally posted by Revolutionary Girl
    Those who knew him well, or thought they did, would have been surprised to see him turn in at the narrow door, sparing a furtive glance in either direction before descending the steps from the street. It wasn’t his kind of place, it wasn’t in his kind of neighbourhood, and he was dressed entirely too well to be there.
    Finally he saw his contact, and went to meet him. Gingerly pulling out a chair why does he always insist on meeting in these places?, Bill cleared his throat slightly as he took his seat.

"You have the files?" the deep voice resonated.

"Right here, sir." He slid the disc across the table and waited as Giovanni pulled out a laptop and loaded the contents.

After a nervous moment, the screen snapped shut, and a smirk spread across the wicked man's face. "I asked you to supply me with information," he intoned evenly, with a disturbing calmness. "And in return you bring me a virus file...you do realize I have killed for far less than that..."

and I have to leave it there, lest I go off and write a whole new fic...must return to my game of Ice Cream Factory, after all. But not before depositing this in my wake!

I look at that thing and I go insane. Every time I see it, there's a little piece of me gone, just into thin air.

Smile, and that will mean I may...

I look at that thing and I go insane. Every time I see it, there's a little piece of me gone, just into thin air.
    Every time it glints in the light, and sparkles under the stars, it takes a little bit of me away with it. To wherever it may go, doing whatever it may do, I watch it take a part of me away. Into thin air, appearing and dissappearing to I wonder where inside of me... Every time I see it, sitting there.

Little silver pills.

"Sakaki-san!" The nurse said, and she handed me the glass of water. "You must take your pills now!"

They went down like liquid, and another part of me seeped away...

---

<grins insanely>

Next line:

She was standing next to the window, and the sun was blaring against her skin, and even though her eyes were open, she couldn't see a single thing. The sun was warm, and she gently let the curtains close.

Blog Entries

See, this is easy once you get the hang of it! Glad to see you post!

She was standing next to the window, and the sun was blaring against her skin, and even though her eyes were open, she couldn't see a single thing. The sun was warm, and she gently let the curtains close.
    So it's finally happened, she thought. It's all over now...just yesterday, Lance was inducting me into the Elite Four, and now... Karen returned to the bed, sliding her hand over her Umbreon's head in a halfhearted pat along the way. And now it's all over...forced to retire in shame...maybe I shouldn't be here. All the daylight outside seeped through the edges of the curtains, but the lady of darkness didn't see it.

*******now the next line!*******

"But what then?" he asked curiously. "When you finally do this...what will you do then?"

"But what then?" he asked curiously. "When you finally do this...what will you do then?"
    "I'll become the Queen," she replied with a smile; and the seven year old girl picked up her little sceptor and waved it around the head of the nine year old boy. "I dub vee! Sir Knight!"

And they burst into giggles.

"Wataru!" his mother called, "Ibuki!" she called again, "it's time we went home."

"Cookies!" Wataru broke out into a run; looking behing him, he grinned as Ibuki grabbed her little, silver crown and pushed it onto her head and ran after him, her face pouting, but her eyes full of laughter.

They left the park behind them.

---

I don't know where that came from...

---

He opened the book and looked about, but there was no one in the room. He smiled, and the words echoed in his mind.

Blog Entries

He opened the book and looked about, but there was no one in the room. He smiled, and the words echoed in his mind.
    It wasn't a true sentance, or anything like a structure; but a list, which he traced with a graceful finger as he recited the items. Each image was burned into his mind, and with each name, his smile grew. All these treasures, all of them priceless, and all of them lost forever due to his own folly.
    He stared at the picture of himself, those hollow, unemotional eyes staring back. "My dear Collector," he commented to himself, "if only you could see yourself now."

*****************another for you!

"Something tells me this will be anything but routine, isn't that right?"

Originally posted by Blackjack Gabbiani
    "Something tells me this will be anything but routine, isn't that right?"
    Ibuki turned to look at her assistant, as the elevator moved jerkily into the depths of the mountain, and the heat slowly began to permeate into them. She shook her head and smiled at him, because he was new, and hadn't ever gone on a mission like this one before.

"No, Satoshi," she said, "they never are..."

Then the elevator jerked a single time more, and the lights went out.

---

Tokiwa Forest was quiet, and the sounds of the birds in the trees echoed all around the running woman. Her face was determination, and she knew that her prey was just beyond her reach. She would catch him.

Page 1 of 113 1231151101 ... LastLast