Letter

Thread: Letter

I feel so much spring... Cabaret's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Letter

Something I wrote a while ago, I didn't want to start another series so I'm leaving it as this. Yep.

Viridian City, Spring of 2011

Brendan Ian Birch, you asked me to write you a letter, of either story, haiku, or hymn. But your three names remind me of a trainer, of my late great friend, Red Alan Deliah. Oh god, Red.

Do you know how he died Brendan? Wait, I'll begin. Heat stroke. All day out in the sun, training his pride and joys. At such a young age too, what a waste of talent. But he was a spectral fellow indeed, always seeing the world in a different hue. Felt sorry for the guy, you know, everyone else he knew didn't really think in his philosophic ways (not even I). But really, he still was a young fellow with a lot to learn. You still have to think "what a shame". Death is a topic I know all too well to talk about, what with it immersing my life daily. As you probably know, my grandfather passed away from age just a year ago, leaving behind a cluttered desk and a unfinished auto-biography. Willingly enough, I have decided to finish his research in seclusion, and his book if it isn't too much of a burden. But this letter isn't about me is it? Or you for that matter. It's about Red.

Reds pokemon could run circles around everybody elses, around mine anyway. But unfortunatly, he didn't have many fans or followers. He really had a hard time...expressing himself. He was a mute, but by choice. He would nod to respond to questions, and speak as little as possible. And not to mention, he simply didn't have many friends. Would you call me his friend? I guess you could, but it was more of a rivalry at first. A rivalry that went very deep and really effected both of us as a whole. I had known him from the town I grew up in, Pallet. Heard of it? Why should've you, it's just a small speck on the wilderness of Kanto. But he was the only other kid my age in Pallet, so it was a forced friendship that his mother and my sister had encouraged. And I'll admit, we didn't really talk much. When we were around the age of nine, he would just come over to my house and we would just play video games, not really speaking of or anything. It wasn't until us recieving our pokemon that the rivalry really started. But that's another story, a much different story.

When Red became champion, no one congratulated him or gave him any praise. He was a nobody, and suddenly being champion caused a very surprising thing to happen: People hated him. Oh, they loved Lance. Lance basically had the popularity of a rock star, and him losing his title really pissed off a lot of people. But they always seem to forget who originally defeated Lance for the title. I'm not aggrevated about it now, but at the time when they attacked Red for becoming the new champion, I took it very personally. I felt like they were attacking me rather then him. It wasn't until then that I realized that I treated Red like a friend rather then a rival, and that was the truth. Even though Red killed my Raticate, and took the Champion title right from under my feet, he was my bestfriend. I learned to forget all that was bad, and defend him against haters.

Anyway, I miss him. Maybe if he had only lived a little longer, with his great training tecniques, he may have become the fashion. I know this is off topic, but how skinny was he? It seemed he just starved himself training his pokemon. Never takeing breaks, always meaning business. That is most likely what made the heat so vulnerable to him. And did you ever see him train? Hell. Did you ever see him fight? It was something alright, his pokemon where trained to do the closest thing to killing each and every pokemon they fought. No one knows where they went once Red died. Some believe they retreated to the wild, others say that someone stole them. I don't believe either theory.

Well, eh. You probably don't care about this stuff. I mean, it doesn't really matter much now...

We should always remember to drink lots of water,

Love, Gary Oak

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Letter

moving to the workshop.

I feel so much spring... Cabaret's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Letter

whoops. I wasn't looking. Sorry.