Kris vs Gold: A Tale of War - Snow - Page 9

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Kris vs Gold: A Tale of War - Snow

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Kris vs Gold: A Tale of War

Lots of people seemt o like Gold, which I'm surprised about.

I can see your point, and lots of people have said that Gold should win more. I'm happy with how I'm doing things, and I do have all the battles planned out, with how and why whoever it is wins. Kris will lose some more and Gold will lose some more.
    Gold's occasional anger towards his Pokemon is meant to be subsiding, but he does have a big temperment problem, which can cause hiom to overreact in battles.
    And yes, I've been considerign doing something like "A Step Backwards" for Gold, but I'm not sure quite where it would fit in. But there are two stories which begin from his point of view, but than they move into Kris'.

The final part will be up soon... hopefully

^^^^ The GalacticVerse Bibliography (Thanks to Blazaking for Banner) ^^^^

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AceTrainer14 View Post
    Lots of people seemt o like Gold, which I'm surprised about.

I can see your point, and lots of people have said that Gold should win more. I'm happy with how I'm doing things, and I do have all the battles planned out, with how and why whoever it is wins. Kris will lose some more and Gold will lose some more.
    Gold's occasional anger towards his Pokemon is meant to be subsiding, but he does have a big temperment problem, which can cause hiom to overreact in battles.
    And yes, I've been considerign doing something like "A Step Backwards" for Gold, but I'm not sure quite where it would fit in. But there are two stories which begin from his point of view, but than they move into Kris'.

The final part will be up soon... hopefully
    I sincerely hope soon means today. :) Trust me, I love this story.

Made by Blue Dragon!

Trophies
    Blog Entries

It does mean today, and right now in fact!

There were more groans and sighs from around the room, but Kris was barely paying any attention to them. She could only focus on one fact: she’d lost, for the second time in a row. After all that power Flaafy had put into her attack, and all the destruction it had caused, Skarmory’s high defence had protected it just enough to survive the attack.

“Leef Bay….” Bayleef mumbled, and sadly rested her head on Kris’, and the girl smiled weakly.

“At least we did our best.” She sighed, and moved towards Flaafy’s limp body. She gave it a hug, and stroked her still smoking body.

“Meta.” A deep, booming voice growled from nearby, and Kris looked around for the soruce of the voice. Her eyes settled on something and she screamed.

Standing next to her was a type of Pokemon she’d never seen it before. It looked like a blue metallic spider, but it only had four large legs with white claws at the end. Its whole body looked like it had been carved out of rock, and there was a large metal X where a mouth should have been, right below two beady eyes.

“What is that!” Kris wailed, as the huge Pokemon looked down at her. There was laughter, and Steven Stone appeared behind, patting the Metagross on top of it’s body, which was still above his head.

“This is my good friend Metagross.” Steven explained, and Metagross’ X twitched, as if it was trying to smile. “His metal body is very hard, so I figured it would be useful for protecting against glass!” He brushed some small shards out of his hair, but he wasn’t injured. Then, he looked down and saw Flaafy.

“Oh, I see…” He gasped, and Kris felt saddened again. “It appears Flaafy has fainted, meaning-”

“I WIN, YET AGAIN!” Gold shouted joyfully, and he ran over towards Skarmory.

“Skarmory Skar.” Skarmory gasped, before titling sideways and hiting Gold in the face. Gold said a soft “ow”, but simply beamed and caught Skarmory, giving her a big hug. But it only lasted a moment before Gold broughtr her back, and ran excitedly over to Steven. He and Kris stared at each other for half a minute, and tension between the two could probably balance Metagross in mid air.

“What did I win, what did I win?” He exclaimed. Kris sighed, and picked Flaafy up.

“Good job.” Kris whispered, and then brought her back. Metagross had moved out of the way to talk to Bayleef, who wasn’t very enthusiastic about the steel type, so Kris could looked around the observation deck. Jasmine was talking to some guards who had heard the noise, and was insisting things were fine. Hanoko was hugging Leafeon and Glaceon, who both looked rather scared. Amphy was waddled over towards Kris, smiling widely.

“Thanks for encouraging Flaafy.” Kris said, and Amphy smiled.

“Phar Ampha Ros!” She replied, and gave Kris and Bayleef a hug. There was the sound of crunching glass, and they broke apart as Hanoko, Jasmine and the elderly Eeveelutions wandered over.

“Sorry for the loss deary.” Hanoko said apologetically, and Kris just nodded, trying to ignore the sickly feeling in her stomach.

“Now Gold, for your spectacular victory, here is a special gift for you!” Steven explained, and everyone watched. Gold looked very excited as Steven reached into his bag, and pulled something out. When Gold saw what it was, his face dropped.

“A Metal Coat?” He sighed. “I don’t need one of those anymore!” Jasmine scowled, and looked like she wanted to grab the walking stick and hit him across the head.

“A Metal Coat doesn’t just evolve a Scyther or Onix, it can also boost steel type moves!” Steven explained, and passed it over. “Your Skarmory’s attacks could be a lot more powerful!” Gold thought for a second, and looked at Kris and smiled.

“Sure, I’ll take! I can always do with some winnings!” He chuckled. Kris clenched her fists, and tossed some coins over to him as payment. Gold chuckled and ran towards the staircase, as the elevator had been damaged during the Thunderbolt.

“Catch you all later, maybe! And I'll catch you at your gym Jasmine!” He sneered, and disappeared into that stairwell.

“I hate that bastard so much!” Kris hissed.

“Leef Bay!” Bayleef nodded, and this cheered Kris up a bit.

“Well, you did put up an amazing fight.” Jasmine pointed out.

“Just maybe get to know your steel types a bit better.” Steven laughed>

“Metagross Meta!” Metagross added.

“Yeah, I didn’t recognise any steel types today!” Kris said, and forced a smile. Hanoko laughed and walked over to be by her side, and put a reassuring arm around her. Jasmine and Steven looked at each other, and had a very quick silent conversation, confusing the others.

“What’s going on….” Kris asked, and the two steel type masters looked at her.

“Well, before Gold came in, I was going to give you something.” Steven explained, and Jasmine nodded to edge him on. “It’s something only a DexHolder could possibly handle, and that person also needs to have a lot of heart!”

“Well, Gold is a Hartley, why didn’t you give it to him?” Kris huffed.

“Huh! That boy didn’t care at all for his Pokemon’s emotions, he just wanted to win!” Hanoko huffed.

“That’s what I noticed as well,” Jasmine continued. “So, I think Kris should be the rightful recipient of this prize. You showed more heart in each second than Gold showed throughout the whole battle!” Kris blushed, but Bayleef and Hanoko both mumrmured and nodded in agreement. Amphy wandered over to Steven, who nodded, and pulled something out of his coat. Amphy smiled, and rushed over to Kris, and opened her hands out.

The stone in her hand was beautiful. Unlike most other rocks Kris had seen, this one appeared to be shining. A blue gem in the middle of some grey rocks was shining brightest of all, and it looked purely beautiful.

“That is the Enigma Stone.” Steven explained, as everyone gathered
    around the blue light. “It is said to contain part of the Soul Dew.”

“What’s that?” Kris asked, though she was still astounded by the beauty of the rock to pay any attention.

“Ah, well, you’ll have to find that out for yourself.” Steven chuckled. “Now, hold the stone up to your heart, and something magical will happen.” Kris nodded, and slowly, arms shaking, she lifted up the stone, and placed it on her chest.

Suddenly, there was a flash of blue light, and everyone turned around, staring out of where the windows should have been. The light was coming from the horizon, and it was nearly blinding.

“Look, over there!” Jasmine exclaimed, and pointed towards some old breakwaters. A huge funnel of water had formed, coming from the light. It was moving rapidly through the ocean, but wasn’t heading towards them. It was heading out towards Cianwood City in the distance, shaking boats and scaring Pokemon as it went.

“That is the Pokemon you have summoned.” Steven explained. “That legendary Pokemon will only appear thanks to the Enigma Stone and Soul Dew, and you must be the one to catch it.”

“Good luck!” Jasmine added, smiling. Kris was stunned: she had been given the chance to capture a legendary Pokemon! She looked at Hanoko and Bayleef, who both as excited as her. Even Glaceon and Leafeon were excited at the idea of a legendary Pokemon.

“Well, I guess I’ll battle you later Jasmine!” Kris cried, smiling broadly. “Thanks for this Steven, and for reffing as well!” Steven, Jasmine and Amphy all smiled at her, and Kris just danced excitedly.

“Come on then Bayleef, Grandma, we have a legend to catch!” Kris shouted, and without another word, she excitedly began to sprint towards the stairs, ready for what should be a grand adventure.

Coming Soon
    Before Kris departs towards Cianwood, Hanoko decides to give her a lesson in different styles of battling. But two surprise visitors give Kris a chance to test herself up against a champion!

Blog Entries

Oh, come on! Why not let Gold catch Latios/as?!?!?!
    Nice chapter, though I think Jasmine was being a little over critical. He did hug Skarmory, and it's agreat big metal bird, for heaven's sake! Great job as usual, but if she gets a Lati, Gold should get Ttar soon.

Made by Blue Dragon!

is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Two "f"s in a row in "Flaaffy", BTW.

But who am I kidding, I say "Buoysel".
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

I;m not letting Gold catch a legendary because he is the villian. Unlike in Red vs Leaf, were their rivalry was just a mask for their love, Kris and Gold do truly hate each other. Kris blames Gold for the death of Ruby, as he was the one that ran across the road, forcing Ruby to run. And she also dislikes him due to his obnoxious attitude. I realise I haven't been making Gold seem quite the villian so far, but there are several scenes coming up, and several arguments through battles, which might change this.
    He did hug Skarmory, yes, but he didn't show much else emotion for them during the battle.
    And does get Larvitar in several stories time :)

And lol Zekurom. I'm guessing you meant Buizel? :P

is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Blog Entries

And lol Zekurom. I'm guessing you meant Buizel? :P
    Apparently they got it switched around - Buizel is the English spelling while Buoysel is the Japanese spelling. Given GF's reputation for mangling trademarked romanizations, I would have suspected that it would have been the other way around. Because "Buoysel" makes perfect sense - "buoy" + second half of "weasel".
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Ah, ok. I see :)

So, what do the rest of you think about this story? I'd be interested to see people try and guess who it is that appears!

Also, Hanoko and Kris briefly battle at the start of the next part.

Im so far behind in this, but I want to say I love the way you've set this up. The characters are great, you even fit personality into the Pokemon. Which I always lovw :P Keep up the good work.
    Pokemon LeafGreen Nuzlocke: Viridian City

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Thanks a lot! I do my best to try and make each Pokemon individual. Flaaffy is going to get a storyline all to herself over the next few stories, thanks tot it's huge electricity explosion in this one. :D I hope you will be able to catch up before the next story is posted :)

Blog Entries

Oh, will it be Latios or Latias?
    Also, remember, Legndary pokemon can also lose in battle (meaning Lati shouldn't sweep Gold's team the first time)

Made by Blue Dragon!

Trophies
    Blog Entries

I'm aware legendaries can lose in battles, and I had no intentions for the Lati to ever sweep Gold's team completely. I've planned all the battles out, and they are all fair and just.

Blog Entries

I'm aware legendaries can lose in battles, and I had no intentions for the Lati to ever sweep Gold's team completely. I've planned all the battles out, and they are all fair and just.
    Awesome.
    Oh, and by the way, if it's to big a spoiler don't say it, but will Ho-oh or Lugia ever be captured (don't say by whom)?

Made by Blue Dragon!

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Ho-Oh and Lugia are under the possesion of Lyla and Charles respectively in Galactic (though Lyla, Ho-Oh and Lugia are trapped in the past...). All my stories share a universe

Blog Entries

Ho-Oh and Lugia are under the possesion of Lyla and Charles respectively in Galactic (though Lyla, Ho-Oh and Lugia are trapped in the past...). All my stories share a universe
    Ohhh, in your other fic. Well, I guess that makes sense.
    By the way, is there gonna be some outer, greater plot surrounding Kris's father or whatnot? Like, maybe he was a good guy in disguise or somethin? I dunno.

Made by Blue Dragon!

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast