Kris vs Gold: A Tale of War - Snow - Page 6

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Kris vs Gold: A Tale of War - Snow

Blog Entries

Default Re: Kris vs Gold: A Tale of War

WHOA! I'm glad Kris finally lost, but that was one heck of a chapter! i can't believe that the Kimono Sisters are actually her aunts!
    Really, excellent job in this chapter!

Made by Blue Dragon!

Blog Entries

Follow Ebail on Tumblr

Very nice part, good to see that Gold won a battle or else woulda been boring. Can't have Kris winning them all right?

But moving on you still have me hooked and I can't wait for the next exciting part in this story
    3DS FC: 1134-7255-2841 - White2 FC: 1765-1583-4731
    Some sort of blog about me - Fanclub

Follow Marik On Twitter Add Marik on Facebook
    Visit Marik's Youtube Channel

This is really, really good! I love this story!

KIMONO GIRLS!

Now everything gets really interesting. I can't wait to find out what "the whole story" is! I doubt it, but could that old woman be Bill's mother (she was a Kimono Girl too)? Probably not, I know, but it would be awesome if she was! And Kris is the Kimono Girls' niece? :o
    NikNak3000's Fanfic Collection

Thumbnails by Instrutilus

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

I am glad you all enjoyed this story, and I am even more glad the cliffhanger kept you all interested. I am going to do a Mailing List, so I can tell people when a new part is up. If you want to be on, post here or VM/PM me

^^^^ The GalacticVerse Bibliography (Thanks to Blazaking for Banner) ^^^^

Blog Entries

PutmeonPutmeonPutmeonPutmeonPutmeonPutmeonPutmeon. OK? lol.

Made by Blue Dragon!

Three words. Sign. Me. Up!

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Finally, a new part is up!

Pokemon routes sometimes change dramatically at night time.

During the day, the Pokemon just casually lie around, waiting for trainers to come through and battle them. It is usually too hot during summer to bother doing much, though mothers usually watch their children run around, and fathers sometimes go hunting for food. Loner Pokemon stick to themselves, or usually leap out in front of trainers, wanting to be captured and find companionship. When the weather is bad, Pokemon stick to their grass, pond, underground burrow or tree nests and try and stay alive. It is the busiest time as well, when everyone is awake and trainers are battling all over the place.

But at night times, this changes a lot. The families of Pokemon go back to their homes to sleep, and leave the trainers to go by in peace. But the Pokemon with no family, no friends, and no reason to stay in the route, come out to play. These Pokemon are usually more vicious then the daytime wanderers, and sometimes they attack the trainers, and can cause serious injury. Some Pokemon ‘gangs’ also come out, looking for innocent Pokemon to attack, and love to battle Pokemon when they are at their weakest. Only the bravest of trainers come out at this time, as they need to keep moving, and don’t care which Pokemon get in their way.

And that was exactly what Kris Soul was doing.

Since the revelations that had unfolded at the Kimono Sisters Theatre the previous evening, Kris had been determined to move on. She needed to find her father, and find out why he had done the things he had done. She wanted to know why he had seen the need to take the money from the sisters, why he had then embezzled the money, and then fled before taking the rap. Even though there was still four badges left to get, Kris had been waiting for years for these answers, and last night had refuelled her desire for knowledge about Hayden Soul’s treachery.

She was walking along Route 38, getting close to 39 and Olivine City. When she got here, there was a choice of options available: battle Jasmine, the gym leader, or catching the SS Aqua, a famous cruise ship, and go and try to find her father. She had no idea where to start looking, but Kris could think of several places in Kanto where it would be good to check.

“Hooo-uuuund!” A Pokemon cry brought Kris out of the clouds. She looked around the peaceful route. The wind had picked up a bit, and she was feeling a bit cold. Some grass nearby was shaking, but she presumed it was the wind.

“Just a wild Houndour, nothing to worry about.” Kris mumbled, and began walking again. She yawned after a few steps, and slowly came to a stop again.

“I really should have a sleep.” She sighed. Kris looked at her watch in the moonlight, and saw that it was nearly eleven in the evening.

“Shit, I’ve never stayed up this late!” Kris gasped, and dropped her bag to the ground, where it made a clunking sound against the hard earth. Kris then got on her knees, and she quickly began pulling some tent supplies out.

“Rata!” Kris froze, and listened carefully. In her haste walking down the path, she hadn’t paid close enough attention to the grass. Now, something was approaching her, and Kris didn’t want to fight. But, reluctantly, she turned slowly around, the tent pole in her hand.

Surrounding her was a pack of Raticate, all eight of them bearing their teeth. They all had bad scratches on their skin, which had caused their fur to be pulled out in some spots, revealing scabby bald patches. Their remaining fur was disgustingly dirty, and had matted together. Some of their long, pale tails had turned strange colours, and two were missing the ends of theirs. But their teeth and claws were the worst part. Their claws were long, sharp and yellow, and looked purely vicious. And their teeth were yellow as well, but it made them look strange in the moonlight.

“Ratica Ratica!” They chanted, and stepped closer. Kris had heard about these Pokemon gangs, but had never met some until now.

“Stay back, I am warning you!” Kris boomed, though her voice shook slightly. She raised the tent pole in defence, and bent down to grab her bag.

“Ratica Ratica!” The Raticate in front, who could be the leader, yelled, and the others yelled it as well. Then, two of the Raticate erupted into flame, and turned into giant, spinning circles of red and orange. Kris yelped, and reached into her bag pockets, watching as the Raticate began to encircle her with Flame Wheel.

“I am not giving you anything, so you might as well leave now!” Kris yelled again, her left hand clasped onto her five PokeBalls.

“RATICA!” The lead Raticate shouted, and four more ran forwards. Kris slung her bag over her shoulder, and then threw the five PokeBalls into the sky. Two Raticate leapt up, using Super Fang to bite onto the pole. Kris threw the pole into the other two Raticate, taking four down at once. Then, Bayleef, Noctowl, Flaafy, Eevee and Slugma formed around her.

“Bay?” Bayleef asked, looking around at the Raticate.

“They are wild and vicious, so we need to stop them!” Kris boomed. “Magical Leaf, Confusion, Thunderbolt, Earth Power and Take Down, go!” The two Flame Wheeling-Raticate sped towards the Pokemon, and Eevee leapt in fright. But Slugma oozed in front, and his eyes glowed yellow. Yellow energy erupted from the ground, blasting both Raticate into the sky, where Noctowl fired two Confusions. Kris looked at the attack, and a flash suddenly hit her…

Standing on the edge of the courtyard, watching as Slugma readied Earth Power, getting ready to blast Ariados out of the ground…

“FLAAAFY!”

The baa brought Kris back, and watched as Flaafy’s Thunderbolt collided with two of the Raticate’s Thunderbolts. Bayleef fired her Magical Leaf, and the multi-coloured leaves covered Eevee as she used her Take Down to knock one Raticate down. But the Raticates were firing Icy Winds and Swifts, causing explosions as they hit Kris’ Pokemon’s attacks.

“Everyone, keep it up!” She yelled. “Use other moves as well, and-”

“NOCT!” Noctowl cried, and Kris wheeled around.

The head Raticate was using Double Edge, and was speeding straight for her. Noctowl was chasing behind using Sky Attack, but couldn’t catch up. The white energy engulfing Raticate was blinding, and Kris could barely see the Pokemon.

But she could see the flash of the explosion, as the courtyard was blown apart, and all she could see was earth flying everywhere, and the force getting close to her

Kris froze up, the fresh memory of her first loss against Gold playing in her mind. Her Pokemon all yelled out, and fired attacks at her and Raticate, trying to knock someone over. But Raticate smashed into Kris’ head, the force of the powerful attack blasting her backwards. Kris fell backwards, and began rolling backwards, but she was already unconscious before she hit the ground.
    Last edited by AceTrainer14; 13th November 2010 at 12:54 AM.

Blog Entries

Follow Ebail on Tumblr

Well this part certainly was interestingly different. But thats a good thing, it was nice to see a change from traditional battles in the story while still retaining action. I like how this part turned out, with the way to Raticate attacked Kris herself rather than just attacking Pokemon and look forward to seeing what happens to Kris when she wakes.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

I am glad you liked the change of pace! This is one of four stories were there won't be a major battle. Now, let's continue now, as Kris has a few flashbacks in her unconcsious state.

Five years ago….

The moon was beginning to set, and the sky above had turned from pale blue to a mixture of orange and pink, and resembled an artist’s palette of mixed up colours. With the little light that remained, people in New Bark Town were finishing up their jobs for the day. Some people were wrapping up their gardening, others were bringing clothes in off the washing line. People were returning home from work as well, and cars were all over the place, making the streets rather dangerous.

Kris froze as she walked out of the small woods, and watched as big car drove past. It was twice the height of the seven year old, and she took a step backwards.

“Come on Kris, their catching up!” A squeaky, feminine voice cried. Kris turned around, and watched as a girl ran up to her, red in the face from running. The little girl was the same height as Kris, and had waist length ginger hair. She had a scattering of brown freckles over her pale face, making her look even more adorable. Her name was Ruby, and she had been Kris’ best friend for years.

“Hurry up, they are going to tag us!” Ruby wailed, and grabbed her best friend around the arms. Twigs snapped under their feet, as they ran out onto the streets.

“My mummy said that I’m not allowed to run across roads.” Kris explained nervously, and looked around for any speeding cars.

“Nothing’s there! And if we don’t run, then Billy might touch us, and I don’t want to get cooties.” Ruby explained, and shivered slightly at the thought of the imaginary disease. There heard a rustling behind them, and Kris looked behind her, and saw five boys emerging from the woods. They had all wandered away from an after school picnic, and had ended up in a game of tag against each other. The boys had ganged up, and Kris and Ruby had been forced to run out of the woods.

“Damn, they’ve seen us.” Ruby cursed. “Let’s go hide in your house, we can find some of your dad’s Pokemon!” And Ruby began pulling Kris forwards. But then Kris heard a sound: a horrible, high pitched screeching noise. A white car came speeding out from behind the houses, roaring and spitting black smoke into the air. It had been modified with a faster engine, and ti roared past the boys. But one of them had run across the road in time, and Ruby squealed and laughed at the same time.

“I’m going to get you!” The boy yelled.

“Not if we can help it!” Ruby shouted back, and she began to run.

“WAIT!” Kris yelled, and tried to grab onto her friend’s arm.

But it was too late.

The car sped around the corner, and the driver had hit the accelerator, thinking it would be a clear run. Ruby had stepped out onto the road, and had hoped to get across in time. The driver had braked, and tried turning around. Ruby screamed as the car came near her, and she put her arms up in some form of defence. The bumper smashed into her lower body, and Ruby’s head smashed against the bonnet. Kris screamed as well, and ran forwards as Ruby disappeared under the car, which finally came to a halt. Several elderly women and a married couple ran over, the married man sending out a Machamp while his wife called for an ambulance.

Tears began to stream down Kris’ face, and she collapsed to her knees. She turned around, looking for where the boy had gone. He was still standing behind her, wearing blue shorts, a small red vest and a dopey backwards cap. The eight year old Gold stared at the scene in shock, and then turned and ran off. Kris began crying, and the elderly ladies came and gave her a hug. Kris could barely see through her tears, but could tell the Machamp was moving the car out of the way, to reveal Ruby’s limp, bleeding body….

Four years ago…

After nearly seven months in hospital, Ruby had passed away.

The accident had left her with a broken ribcage, hips and her a fracture in her left leg. She had suffered internal bleeding in her stomach, and had skull had been badly cracked. She had been in surgery for twelve hours at first, and then had to go back in five times afterwards. But her body was struggling to heal properly due to a problem with her immune system, and Ruby had suffered brain damage. After the last few months in a medically induced coma, Ruby suffered a brain haemorrhage due to the damage, and couldn’t be saved.

Kris was sitting in the front row, staring into the large rectangular pit of dirt. Her mother sat beside her, looking healthy but sad. Kris was wearing a black and white dress, and knew that if Ruby had been alive, she would have been laughing at her about how ugly it was. Ruby’s parents, grandparents, and her two older brothers and sister sat alongside them in the front row. Henrietta Hartley had come to pay her respects as well, though the fact she was wearing a designer black dress with a fancy hat ruined the kind gesture. The local pastor was going on about how much Ruby had been loved, how she was kind, generous and fun to be around. But Kris was struggling to take this, and felt the tears coming again.

“Now, for those that want to pay their last respects, you may do so now.” The pastor said solemnly, and stepped aside. A white coffin was behind him, and it was shining in the sunlight. Ruby’s family stood up, and they slowly approached the coffin. They were all holding something: a soft toy, a childhood blanket, some of her favourite books and DVD’s. Kris looked at what she had brought: a bright pink photo frame, with a Clefable and Wigglytuff in the corners. The picture was from a week before the accident, with Kris and Ruby hugging and pulling faces. Kris watched as several tears landed on the glass, and she quickly wiped them up, and stifled a sob.

“It’s our turn darling.” Persephone whispered, and held her daughter’s right hand.

“Ok.” Kris replied weakly, and the two of them stood up. They walked sombrely up, and the pastor nodded respectfully at them as they passed. Ruby’s family was still there, but her two sisters stood aside, letting Kris approach the coffin. A phot of Ruby from a Christmas party last year was resting against some tulips and roses. She was wearing an Angel costume, which looked very appropriate. Kris sobbed, and more tears streamed down her face.

“It’s alright darling, just put the picture on the lid.” Persephone whispered, and one of her tears dripped onto Kris’ dress. Slowly, with shaking hands, Kris lifted the frame up, and placed it carefully onto the flowers. Ruby’s mother, who had red hair like her daughter, walked up to the two, her tears streaming even more than Kris’, and gave both of them a hug. Kris broke out into tears, and nearly slumped to the floor in her sadness..

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Here is the Part Three! The last part will be up later tonight or tomorrow.

An hour and a half later, Kris and Persephone arrived back at their house. There had been a sombre get-together after Ruby had been buried, but it hadn’t been very enjoyable and had made Kris break down in tears three times. So Persephone thought it be best that they got dropped off.

Kris walked slowly up their path, waiting for their mother to finish paying the taxi driver. Only a streets away, the accident had taken place, and Kris hadn’t been down that street since then. She rushed sadly up towards the soul residence. It was painted a pale brown, with green roof tiles and windows. The garden was bare, except for a large pole where Hooty the Noctowl rested. The house was no different to any other in town at the time being, which Kris, Persephone and Hayden were fine with.

The front door was ajar as Kris approached, and she stopped sobbing for a moment as she pondered this. She slowly pushed the door open, and then crept inside. Clothes were in a heap at the bottom of the stairs, and several pictures had been knocked off a cabinet. Kris’ eight year old mind could only draw one conclusion from this.

“MUM!” Kris screamed. “WE’RE BEING ROBBED!” Almost a second later, a PokeBall soared over her head, and with a blast of light, Hooty formed, his eyes narrowing in the seriousness of the situation. Persephone ran in behind, holding a small spade that had been in the garden.

“Someone’s been destroying our house.” Kris whimpered.

“It’s ok darling, we can stop th-” Persephone froze mid sentence as glass shattered nearby.

“The living room!” She exclaimed, and she ran through a doorway into the living room, followed by Kris and Hooty.

“Relax, relax, it’s only me!” The three stopped, and stared over at Hayden Soul.

Hayden Soul looked like his youthful champion and businessman selves had combined. He still kept the physique he had had when champion, and the tanned skin from training in the sun all day. But his black hair had turned grey, and there were black rings around his eyes and lots of wrinkles. He was wearing a trackpants and a jumper, and looked rather undressed than he usually did. He was rather tall, and stood a few inches over his wife, who was looking very shocked.

“Daddy, did you do that stuff to the pictures?” Kris asked. She looked around at the room. More photos had been knocked over, but some were resting in a big black suitcase, on top of more clothing. A solid gold trophy that Hayden had won when he was champion was also on top of the clothing. Hayden was currently holding another photo frame, several Ultra Balls, a toiletry bag and his cell phone.

“Wh-wh-what’s going on?” Peresphone asked, her voice shaking. “You have to be kidding!”

“Persephone, darling, I-”

“DON’T CALL ME DARLING!” Persephone roared. Causing Kris to squeal. “I CAN TELL WHAT YOU’RE DOING!”

“I was hoping to be gone before you came back from the funeral, but I had a call that held me up.” Hayden explained quickly, as Persephone walked angrily forwards.

“SHOULD THAT MAKE EVERYTHING BETTER? SHOULD KRIS AND I JUST LEAVE WHILE YOU PACK UP AND RUN AWAY? IS THIS DISEASE THAT HARD ON YOUR LIFE?”

“Packing up, whose packing up?” Kris asked softly.

“Hooty, take her outside.” Persephone snapped, a tear streaming down her face.

“But mummy, what’s going-”

“Hooty, NOW!” Persephone growled, and then angrily picked up the suitcase and threw it across the roof, where it hit the window, making a large crack.

“Noct Noct!” Hooty called, but Kris ignored him, and stepped backwards in shock. Her parents began yelling at each other, and Persephone knocked the stuff out of Hayden’s hand.

“Owl!” Noctowl said stubbornly, and his eyes glowed pink. Using Psychic, he picked Kris up, and the two began to move out of the building.

“No, I want to know what’s going on!” Kris wailed, and tried to break free of her invisible holds. “Why are they fighting? Why’s daddy leaving?” There was the sound of glass shattering, and Persephone bellowed something, but her sobbing made so that no one heard what she said.

“Noctowl Noct!” Hooty explained, and forced Kris outside. The door slammed shut behind them, and Hooty let Kris go. But she ran up to the door and began banging on it. She could hear more screaming, but it was muffled by the hard wooden door.

“What’s going on?” She wailed, and broke down into tears again. Hooty flew forwards, and wrapped his long wings around the weeping girl. Kris was shaking badly, and Hooty pulled her away from the door, and took her over towards his pole, where she liked to swing on. Something shattered, and the two watched as the trophy smashed through the already badly-cracked glass.

“Why are they fighting?” Kris asked.

“Noct Noctowl Noc.” Noctowl hooted in response. There was the hoot of a car, and the two looked around. A black limousine was pulling into their driveway, looking very flash amongst their plain garden. A door opened up, and a man stepped out.

Harold Hartley more like a suave, mega-rich businessman than Hayden did. He was wearing a black suit jacket and pants, with a grey tie and white shirt underneath. He had gelled black hair that was neatly trimmed, and was clean shaven. Harold was short and stout, but had an air about him was showed he was superior.

“Hello there Krystal, are your parents here?” Harold asked, in his deep, booming voice.

“They are fighting inside. I think Daddy is going to leave.” Kris explained sadly. Harold looked shocked, and looked back at his limousine.

“Arthur, block the garage, he isn’t leaving yet!” He bellowed, and marched towards the door.

“Why are you blocking the garage, what are you doing?” Kris asked.

“Never mind, it will all be over-” But before Harold could continue, before he could even get close to the door, it was blasted off of it’s hinges. Harold jumped clear and the door sailed over him. A Skarmory flew out of the house, squawking and clanking angrily, and staring at the three with a foul look. Kris recognised it as her father’s, and knew it was very powerful. Hayden himself ran out of the house, holding a small bag, while a glass shattered against the doorway.

“You can leave, but I am not letting you back into my house if you do!” Persephone yelled, tears rolling down her face. Hayden looked down at Harold, who was struggling to get up, and he smirked down at his friend and business colleague.

“That is a risk I am willing to take.” Hayden replied, and he leapt up onto Skarmory’s back. “Kris, I am sorry to leave like this, but it is something I have to do. I hope we will meet again soon.”

“But Daddy, why are you going?” Kris sobbed.

“I just have to. I can’t stay here any longer. Goodbye, my sweet.” Hayden replied softly.

“Skar!” Skarmory cried, and glowed white. Hayden waved goodbye to the people below him, and then was gone as Skarmory flew away. Hooty flew up in to the air, and he began to look around, but couldn’t see them. Harold cursed loudly, as Kris burst into tears, and then ran over towards her mother. The two embraced, and both women began to cry.

Two years ago…

It was New Years Day, and New Bark Town was very excited. Trainers would be arriving soon to receive their starter Pokemon. The town liked to arrange a little New Year’s celebration for these new trainers, and several stalls were being set up. They were mainly selling little postcards and mail that the trainers could buy, along with snacks, drinks, collectable T-shirts, apps for PokeGear and other things like that.

Kris and Persephone were running a stall this year, selling bandannas to raise money for cancer victims. The stall was made of wood, with blankets made from the bandannas covering it up. They came in red with Cyndaquil, green with Chikorita, blue with Totodile, brown with Hoothoot, yellow with Pikachu, pink with Cleffa and Igglybuff and one with all of the starters on it. Hooty was flying around, advertising different areas to look at. The stall had been set up several metres from the lab, with a band playing nearby.

“I wish I could be a trainer.” Kris said softly, as she packed boxes of pink and yellow bandannas onto the bench.

“And one day you will be able to.” Persephone replied sweetly. She had donned the Hoothoot one, and looked quite comfortable with it on. “But, for now, let’s focus on selling these, eh?”

“Do you think if we sell enough, we could cure cancer?” Kris asked excitedly. Persephone thought for a moment, and then nodded.

“Maybe, but only if we make heaps!” She replied. A trio of male trainers passed by, and Persephone called them over to examine the Cyndaquil ones. After they each brought one, some elderly ladies gave over to buy some for the grandchildren, and several more trainers came up while Persephone sold the women some pink ones.

“Do you want me to serve them mum?” Kris asked happily.

“Now, it’s alright.” Persephone replied, as the ladies wandered off. “I think I’ll need a cappuccino if I am going be this busy. Can you go buy me one?”

“Fine, I guess.” Kris grouched back, and took a five dollar note and left the stall. It was very busy outside: the mail stall nex to them had three people trying to serve about eleven, and a pack of girls were crowded around one stall selling PokeDolls. In-between the lab and the stalls was an exhibition battle. Two trainers from the TV show The Johto Battle Showdown! were duelling, and a blonde haired male was using his Raichu against a smiling brunette girl using her Miltank. The Miltank swung a Focus Punch as Raichu’s Iron Tail soared over her head. Kris applauded this move, and then rushed over to a large food stall. It took a minute to get through the queue, and then Kris ordered the coffee and waited. Another girl was standing alongside, staring over at the battle, but seemed to be thinking about something else. Her denim overalls and big white hat looked familiar, and then Kris stared at her face, and suddenly remembered.

“Hi Lyla!” Kris said happily. Lyla Christopher was a few years older than Kris, but they had gone to the same school for several years, and the two had been involved in soccer and athletics together.

“Oh hey Kris, how are you?” Lyla asked.

“I am good. I just have to get a coffee for my mum.” Kris replied. “Are you here to get a Pokemon?”

“I’ve already gotten one.” Lyla replied, and lifted a PokeBall up. “A Chikorita. She is pretty cute, one of a group of triplets, apparently.”

“Oh cool. Have you battled anyone yet?” Kris asked excitedly, but regretted it as Lyla’s face drooped.

“I battled my friend, Charles, but he defeated me with his Cyndaquil.” She replied sadly.

“Oh, I’m sorry…” Kris whispered, feeling a bit uneasy. Their silence was broken by roar from the crowd, as Miltank Body Slammed Raichu, knocking him out.

“Miss, your coffee.” One of the attendants passed over a coffee in a brown cup, and Kris grabbed it.

“Want to come and see my mum? Her bandannas will cheer you up!” Kris said happily, and pulled Lyla with her before she could reply. They passed the battle, where Miltank was now taking on a Poliwrath, and went back to the stall. There was a long queue of nearly a dozen people, while half that number were either at the counter or examining the merchandise.

“Thank god you’re here!” Persephone cried, and grabbed the cup. “I may need you to help serve people after all. Oh hi Lyla, how are you?” But before Lyla could reply, Persephone turned to answer the questions of a rather picky, nerdy looking trainer.

“Why are you guys selling all of these anyway?” Lyla asked.

“My mum has cancer, and they asked us to sell some this year.” Kris explained, as she served an elderly lady.

“Oh my gosh, I am so sorry!” Lyla gasped.

“It’s fine, I don’t really fret about it too much, to be honest.” Persephone replied. “I mean, why should I let it defeat my day-to-day life?”

“After dad ran off, we have to work together to go through life, and we are doing well!” Kris chirped.

“Exactly!” Persephone nodded, and ruffled her daughter’s hair happily. “If you let one thing get you down, then you aren’t going to move onwards with life, are you?” Lyla nodded, and then she smiled, making Persephone and Kris exchange looks.

“You two are right! I can’t let my first loss get me down already, can I?” Lyla said determinedly. “Thanks for bringing me here, it has actually helped a lot!” Kris and Persephone just nodded, still a bit confused. Lyla looked down at Kris, and put a hand on her shoulder. “If you ever suffer a loss, I won’t you to promise me that you will pull through and not let it bring you down, alright?” But their chat was interrupted by an explosion: Miltank had trapped Poliwrath in a Whirlpool, and had then fired a Thunder, knocking out the water type and winning the woman the match. The crowd cheered, and Persephone, Kris and Lyla applauded loud enough to make the customers jump.

“I promise I will!” Kris beamed, as they watched the women hug her Miltank. Lyla beamed, and then picked up the Chikorita bandanna, and dropped twenty dollars into the box, making Kris smile.

“Wake up….”

Lyla bade them goodbye, and then turned to leave. Kris looked up at her mother, who smiled.

“Kris, you need to wake up….”

“She is right, you know. You must never let one loss bring you down!” Persephone said, and gave her daughter a hug.

“Bayleef Bay!”

“Wake up, hurry up, come on!”

Suddenly, the image turned white. The stall, Persephone, the customers, everything disappeared. Kris rubbed her head, and felt a strange sensation….

“Alright then, we’ll do this the hard way…”

“Wh… wh… what’s going?” Kris moaned. “What happened?” She blinked, and finally opened her eyes.

She was back on Route 37, lying under the stars. Bayleef, Noctowl, Flaafy, Slugma and Eevee were all looking at her, each one of them with a concerned look on their faces. Eevee was crackling with electricity, Bayleef and Flaafy looked burnt, and Noctowl and Slugma were both panting badly.

“Out of the way you lot, I need to see her.” The Pokemon parted, and Kris tried to get up. The person who spoke stepped forwards, and the moon illuminated her. She was wearing a blue jacket, with a green kimono underneath. She was holding onto a staff, and had grey hair and badly wrinkled skin. A Glaceon and Leafeon stood on either side, staring around at Kris’ Pokemon.

“Who are you, where are the Raticiate, what’s going on?” Kris moaned, rubbing her head. The old lady smiled, and offered her a hand.

“I am the mother of the Kimono Sisters, and my daughter’s left some important facts out of your chat last night.”

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Here is the final part! And also, Lyla from the last part is Lyla from Galactic ;)

Several minutes later, Kris had finally managed to set up her tent (though one pole now had a lot of bite marks in it.) Bayleef piled up some leaves, which Slugma set alight, making a nice, glowing fire. Kris brought all her Pokemon except Bayleef back, as the old lady showed no sign of bringing Leafeon or Glaceon back. Then, the two sat down on cushions either side of the fire, and looked over at each other.

“So….” Kris pondered aloud, looking nervously at Bayleef. “I am not sure what to say. I get knocked out somehow, and wake up to find some old lady wanting to tell me something.” The elderly lady pursed her lips, but shrugged off the comment about her age.

“My name is Hanoko, and, as I said earlier, mother of the Kimono Sisters.” She began. Kris opened her mouth, but Hanoko raised her walking stick to silence her. “I have not ventured further than the PokeMart for many years, so they were reluctant to let me go. But Leafeon and Glaceon had defeated many opponents, and both could easily defeat your team.”

“Bay!” Bayleef huffed, but Kris shushed her.

“Eventually, they let me leave. I failed to find you Ecruteak, so I decided to venture out here, hoping to find you in your tent.” Hanoko continued. “Instead, I find a pack of Raticate fighting with your team and battling you. I couldn’t get over in time before the lead one used Double-Edge and knocked you out. But Glaceon and Leafeon used their Ice Beam, Blizzard, Leaf Blade and X-Scissor attacks to help your Pokemon send them packing.”

“Well, thank you for that.” Kris said, and nodded.

“You are welcome, my dear.” Hanoko replied, and managed a very wrinkly smile. “While you were unconscious, you muttered things. You said ‘Ruby’ and ‘Daddy’ a lot. What did you think about?” Kris hung her head in embarrassment, and looked rather nervous.

“I-I-I-I thought about the day my best friend, Ruby, got hit by a car. Then I remembered her funeral, and how my father tried to leave while my mother and I were gone. But we came home early, and managed to catch him.” Kris’ voice began to shake, and Bayleef rested her head reassuringly on her shoulder.

“It is fine dear, you don’t need to continue.” Hanoko said softly. “Now, your father. That is the reason why I wanted to talk to you. My daughters didn’t mention an important detail, because they thought it might hurt you.”

“What? Has he killed someone or something?” Kris huffed.

“I would prefer it if you didn’t talk about my son like that.” Hanoko boomed. Kris was shocked by her loud tone, but then what Hanoko had said began to sink in.

“Wait… if he is your son, then….”

“You are my granddaughter, yes.” Hanoko finished. Kris gasped, and
    doubled over in shock. Bayleef was confused, but no one paid attention to her.

“Why… why didn’t I know this?” Kris whispered.

“No one knew.” Hanoko explained, and her voice began to shake. “My
    husband, a rather cold, bitter old man, didn’t want his only son, who was my third born child, to be raised around arts. He took him around Johto, training him to be a champion. I only saw Hayden several times after that, and he had only met his sisters all properly a few months before he began working for them.”

“Why didn’t he tell anyone?” Kris asked, her head in her hands.

“As your father led a different upbringing to his famous sisters, he didn’t want to be connected to the theatre, and wanted to focus on becoming champion.” Hanoko explained, a tear sneaking out of her wrinkled eyelids. “I saw an interview on television after he became champion, asking him about his family. He simply said that his parents had been killed in a car crash, and I believe that’s what he told your mother.” As Leafeon used her head leave to brush away Hanoko’s tears, Kris remembered Persephone once saying that Hayden was an orphan.

“If he was your son, why did he steal that money?” Kris asked, and brushed away her own tear.

“I don’t know why, but I think that he regretted pushing us away, and wanted to come closer to us again.” Hanoko explained. “But, once his fortune from being champion began to disappear, I believe he wanted to get part of the fortune he saw as being his, even though he had blatantly disowned himself from us.” Hanoko stood up, and raised her arms. “Krystal, my granddaughter, can you please come and give me a hug, and forgive me for not contacting you after all these years?” Kris slowly stood up, and walked around the fire to hug her grandmother. Hanoko was much shorter than her, and Kris had to bend down so that she could reach.

“Why did you never contact us?” Kris asked, trying not to get upset about this little bit.

“I didn’t want to drop the bombshell on you, when I knew poor Persephone was suffering from cancer.” Hanoko replied, her voice shaking more at this part. “Thinking back, I know it was a silly reason, and I wanted to tell you as soon as we crossed paths.” Kris nodded, and both women wiped tears away. “But, we do owe you something.” Hanoko reached into her pockets, and pulled out a blue, rectangular piece of paper.

“Is that a cheque?” Kris inquired in shock.

“Yes, it is a way of making things up to you.” Hanoko explained. “Consider it twelve years worth of birthday and Christmas presents.” Kris’ jaw dropped, and even Bayleef understood what this meant.

“I can’t possibly carry that much money around with me.” Kris said, taking a step backwards. “I can’t turn this amazing gift down though. So, would you be able to send it to my mother? She can invest it or something.” Hanoko nodded, and smiled widely.

“What a sweet gesture!” She said, and gave her another hug. “I am so happy that I have finally met you!”

“Same here, even if it was a big surprise.” Kris chuckled.

“Are you still going to try and find your father?” Hanoko asked. Kris blinked a few times at the suddenness of the question, even though she had been thinking about that over the past five minutes.

“I am not sure at the moment.” She said after a few moments. “It would be splendid to find him, and make him front up to all he has done. But I still want to win at the Johto league as well. I am not sure what to do!”

“Don’t worry dear, you’ll find the sign you need to go in the right direction.” Hanoko said.

“Miiiilllll!” Everyone turned around, and looked for the source of the noise. It was a Miltank, mooing and roaming around a grassy patch up ahead, chewing on the green meal. Somehow, it seemed to be glittering in the moonlight.

“It doesn’t look pink, it looks…” Kris mumbled, but then gasped in shock and happiness.

“Blue!” Hanoko exclaimed. “It is a shiny Miltank! I haven’t seen a shiny in the wild for years!” Kris thought back to the last thing she had remembered: the battle in which the Miltank had won, right before Kris had made a promise to Lyla to never let a loss bring her down. Kris couldn’t let one loss to Gold bring her down, and she couldn’t get distracted by her father once again.

“I think I have just found my sign!” Kris boomed, and pulled an Ultra Ball out of her bag. Hanoko smiled at Glaceon and Leafeon, who both let out irritated purring sounds.

“Bayleef, ready for a fight?”

“Leaf Bay Bay!” Bayleef replied happily, and took a step forwards. Kris beamed, and followed after her. The Miltank looked over at them, puzzled by their appearance.

“Begin with Magical Leaf!”

Olivine City General Hospital was one of the best in Johto. The modern, six storey complex contained a dozen surgical theatres, a state of the art emergency department, clinics to deal with cancer, burns, physical rehabilitation and mental illness, and had a special ward just for children. Most people came here if they needed specialist or cosmetic surgery, and if people were injured while in the mountains, they would be brought here first by helicopter.

On this dark, moonlit night, things were going smoothly. No major surgeries, no big cases in the emergency room, and only one ambulance had come there all night. Several doctors were relaxing out in the garden complex surrounding the hospital. It was a cool night, and nothing was there to worry them in the slightest.

Suddenly, a Noctowl swooped down from the sky with a flash of light, sending leaves and dirt flying into the air.

“What the hell?” One of the young doctors huffed, but the woman riding the Noctowl ignored him. She moved swiftly passed them, with the Noctowl hovering behind. Several nurses moved aside as the women passed, her long grey travelling cloak flapping in the breeze.
    The glass doors parted to let her into the hospital, where the lights reflected over the polished floor and light blue walls. A fancy wooden reception desk was in front of them, and a black haired, middle aged women stopped talking to a courier as the woman approached her.

“Madam, Pokemon aren’t allowed into our hospital without a special pass.” The receptionist rattled off.

“I don’t give a damn, I am here to see a Doctor Shelley.”

“Oh, alright. Your name?” The receptionist asked.

“Persephone Soul.”

Several minutes later, Persephone had made her way to the hospital’s morgue. Hooty had been brought back, so she was all alone as she walked down the quiet walkway, her footsteps echoing off the walls. She opened a set of double doors, and walked into a cold, dull grey room. A woman with long grey hair stood up to greet her.

“Hello, I am Doctor Meredith Shelley.” She said gravely.

“Persephone Soul.” Persephone replied, and the two shook hands. “So, where is it?” Doctor Shelley lead Persephone over to a silver trolley, where a rather lumpy blue sheet was lying.

“Are you ready?” The doctor asked, holding the tops of the sheets.

“I’ve been waiting four years to see him, so yes.” Persephone repied, her voice shaking a little bit. Doctor Shelley nodded, and pulled the sheet away.

It had been four years since Persephone had laid eyes on her husband, but she hadn’t expected to find him like this. He was wearing the same track pants and jumper that he had worn when he had left, but there were now dirty and torn. He had grown a black and grey coloured beard, and his hair was more white than silver now. His eyes were closed, but if they were open, Persephone would see that they had gone slightly white.

“I haven’t examined his body yet, but I believe he died of starvation, possibly hyperthermia.” Doctor Shelley explained. “The hikers found his body in the mountains near the Cianwood City. The authorities were able to get to-” But before she could continue, Doctor Shelley was interrupted as Persephone burst into tears.

“I hate you for you did to us,” She sobbed to her husband’s lifeless body. “But I didn’t want it to end like this, not in a million years.” Doctor Shelley gave her a reassuring hug, and Persephone began weeping into her shoulder, mourning over the loss of her husband, and the loss of her chance to bring her family back together.

I hope you all enjoyed this part! :D There will hopefully be the new part "Three Times the Charm" out before too long, in which Kris and Hanoko travel to Olivine together, where they encounter Gold again, and Steven Stone and Jasmine set them a challenge!
    Last edited by AceTrainer14; 30th September 2010 at 03:19 PM.

Blog Entries

Follow Ebail on Tumblr

Well you certainly made this chapter different to say the least. Its interesting to see how you will build off this part now that Kris knows she has more family but doesn't know her father is dead. This part wasn't too bad I'd say even if it didn't have action

Yay, the awesome flashback part!

I really liked those flashbacks. You did them really well and, like Ebail said, I like the change of style. I'm glad we know about Kris' past now, like the Ruby bit. It was very good.

How you did the Kimono Girls' mother was good as well. Well done!

Blog Entries
    Follow ghaskan On Twitter
    Follow ghaskan on Tumblr

Promise is a promise, so here goes ma rookie writer review!

Your grammar is fine, but there are some silly typos like Their instead of They're, Whose instead of Who's and mistyped stuff like ti instead of it. Nothing you can't correct later with the help of a proofreader or something.

Now, story wise... The core is solid, but your approach of the world is kinda risky. Like how you introduce Christianism, dollars, etc. in a region which has a 99% chance to be a part of Japan, thus the world should be more based on that, and if I'm not wrong Johto people see Ho-oh and Lugia as their deities. That was probably the part I liked the least of the Tale as a whole. It's your world, your tale, but still...

However, I think you handle the emotions just fine, makes me really understand the characters. I just hope you don't give Gold a boring, tragic end, like suicide, but instead try to work around his personally before he gets too frustrated and does the said suicide (though I'd say an attempt could be beneficial to warn the others, like Kris, about Gold's frustrations).

Let's see how the story goes on. I'll be waiting for more. *subscribes thread*

~ghaskan

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast