Follow Marik On Twitter Add Marik on Facebook
    Visit Marik's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Kris vs Gold: A Tale of War

^What he said. Another great chapter!

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Thanks guys! Do any of you have some other thoughts to add?

“Noctowl, your time to shine!” Kris yelled, and threw out her PokeBall. The magnificent owl swooped up into the air, and flapped her wings as she hovered over Teddiursa. Morty signalled with his hands, allowing Gold to send.

“This will be easy: Ice Punch!” Gold boomed. But Kris smirked to herself, making Gold nervous.

“Hit him with Confusion!” She ordered. Teddiursa began running, but due to Cotton Spore, it came out in slow motion.

“Owl.” Noctowl hooted, and her eyes flashed pink. Teddiursa yelled out and fell over, the Confusion internally tormenting him, and his right fist stopped glowing.

“Nice tactic.” Morty said, nodding respectfully at the owl.

“Don’t make her ego any bigger.” Gold snapped. “Teddiursa, try a Metal Claw!”

“Sky Attack, avoid him!” Kris yelled quickly. Noctowl swooped upwards before Teddiursa could even move, white energy streaking around her.

“Teddi Sa Ur.” Teddiursa huffed, and landed on the ground in tantrum. Kris made a sweet noise at his cuteness, but had to remember he was the enemy.

“Use Metal Claw when she comes down!” Gold ordered. Kris didn’t give a command, and everyone looked to the sky. With a flash that could be a twinkling star, Noctowl sped down. Like a meteor, she smashed into Teddiursa’s stomach, smashing into the ground. The powerful attack made them skid backwards, making deep trenches in the ground. They went past Gold and stopped a metre from the cheery tree. Noctowl began to fly off, but Teddiursa grabbed onto her talons with silver glowing claws.

“Noc Noc!” Noctowl hooted in pain, and angrily flapped her wings. The spores on Teddiursa acted like extra weights, making him much heavier.

“Dirty tactics!” Kris hissed.

“They work, don’t they?” Gold teased. “Now, use Ice Punch!” Kris thought quickly, and looked at the theatre. If she wanted to attract the Kimono Sisters attention, she had to make noise. And to make noise, she’d have to make an…

“UPROAR!” Kris bellowed. Noctowl took a deep breath and opened her beak wide.

“NOOOCT!” She roared, and everyone held their eyes in pain. The cry blasted Teddiursa backwards, and he hit a tree, snapping the branch off, and landed on the ground. Morty ran forwards, though the outcome was obvious.

“Teddiursa has fainted.” The gym leader announced, and had to yell so they could hear over Uproar’s echo. Gold growled, brought Teddiursa back, and began throwing his next PokeBall before Morty and Noctowl were back in position.

“Croconaw, go!” Gold said simply, and his large blue crocodile formed. Kris stared at him, wondering why he had chosen him, and then looked at the theatre: cracks had appeared on the windows, and she knew one more attack could break them.

“Croconaw, use Ice Fang!” Gold ordered.

“Sky Attack one more!” Kris said.

“Naw Croc!” Croconaw said, and his teeth turned ice blue. But before he could clamp down, Noctowl swooped up into the stars, and Gold cursed his luck.

“That fall earlier must have addled with your brains.” Kris teased.

“Shut it!” Gold snapped. “Ice Fang again!” Croconaw nodded, and stood poised, fangs glowing. There was a flash, and Noctowl came speeding down. Croconaw stood waiting, his face twisted in a wicked smile.

“NOOOOCTOOWL!” Noctowl yelled, and she began to reach the courtyard. But before she could hit Croconaw, he twirled around, and she flew past. Kris was shocked, but gasped as Croconaw used Ice Fang on Noctowl’s left talon. Ice blue energy moved through Noctowl, and she landed in pain on the ground, tearing up the stone. Uproar echoed again, making Croconaw roar in pain.

“Try escape now, Kris!” Gold yelled viciously. “Ice Fang, destroy her!” Kris took a nervous gulp, hoping her plan worked.

“Foresight!” She ordered timidly. Noctowl’s eyes glowed red, and Croconaw suddenly glowed red, illuminating the whole field.

“Croconaw will have a hard time evading the rest of my attacks.” Kris cheered.

“Croca!” Croconaw yelled, and he down on Noctowl’s wings. She shivered terribly, but the proud owl refused to falter under Croconaw’s glare.

“Now let’s try something your accustom to: Water Pulse!” Gold ordered.

“There’s a chance of confusion, so watch out.” Morty warned, and Kris nodded, knowing what to do.

“Use Confusion, but wait for my cue!” Kris ordered.

“Owl.” Noctowl said, and flew up into the air. Croconaw opened his mouth, and a ball of water formed.

“NAW!” He roared, and pules of water shot out, heading into the sky towards Noctowl.

“Swoop down, NOW!” Kris yelled. Noctowl tucked her wings in and flew down. The water pulses came closer, and her eyes flashed pink. The Confusion had been initiated, but something strange happened: the Water Pulse was sent flying backwards.

“You somehow confused the attack!” Morty gasped. Gold was left speechless, and watched as the Water Pulse was sent back to Croconaw forming around him.

“Here we go…” Kris whispered. Then, the Uproar struck again. Not only did it cause damage, it made the water bubble burst, causing it to cascade onto Croconaw. Noctowl nodded respectfully at Kris, and Morty applauded.

“Brilliant, that was amazing!” He cried.

“Yeah, well, you won’t be saying that in a minute! Ice Fang once
    more.” Gold hissed.

“Use Uproar!” Kris commanded. Noctowl opened her mouth, and began shrieking again.

“NOOOOOCT!” She cried. There was a cracking sound, and several windows on the theatre shattered. Kris smiled to herself, but her smirk quickly changed to horror: Croconaw had ran through the cry, and had leapt up, his glowing mouth clamping around Noctowl’s neck. The bird froze up, the cry abruptly ending, and then her auburn and brown feathers began to gloss over.

“She’s frozen!” Morty exclaimed, and they all watched as Noctowl turned into a giant ice statue. Croconaw let go, and stood aside as Noctowl fell to the ground, her eyes rolled back.

“Noctowl is out, and things are even once again!” Morty called. Kris cursed her luck: she had been busy focused on her little scheme, and hadn’t paid attention to Noctowl’s health.

“Come on then Krissy, show me what you’ve got!” Gold sneered.

“Sure thing, Ethan.” Kris snapped back, and brought Noctowl back. She had two Pokemon left, and so did Gold. He had either Spinarak, Houndour or Eevee, or another option, left to choose from. Kris figured Eevee was going to be tired from the gym match, as she had fainted, and decide she would stick with Bayleef to get rid of Croconaw, and Slugma to deal with Spinarak and Houndour.

“Bayleef, come on out!” Kris called, and threw her next PokeBall. It landed in front of Croconaw, and then out came Bayleef, standing half a metre away from her enemy.

“Bay Bay.” She snapped.

“Croc Naw!” Croconaw hissed back, and the two evolved starters clenched their teeth and tensed their muscles. Gold was nervous about Croconaw battling Bayleef, as she usually always defeated him. But he had a quick fire idea.

“Use Bite straight away!” He ordered.

“Magical Leaf, he can’t escape that one!” Kris yelled. Bayleef nodded, and the leaves around her neck lit up like a rainbow.

“CROC!” Croconaw yelled, and he leant forwards and bit down on Bayleef’s neck.

“Leef!” She moaned, and fell over, as the attack had made her flinch.

“Brilliant, now return!” Gold shouted, and pulled two PokeBalls out. Croconaw evaporated into red energy and was sucked away, and Gold then threw out his next one.

“Ariados, it’s your debut!” Kris gasped with shock, and watched as Gold sent out his next Pokemon: a large, devious looking spider, with a red and black fat body, four long yellow and purple legs, glistening pincers and white horn, and an evil looking black face.

“It evolved… how lovely.” Kris squeaked. Bayleef was nervous too, as Ariados had a nasty presence about him.

“Carry on the battle.” Morty said. “Gold, as you switched out, you can’t move.” Gold nodded, and Kris beamed.

“Bayleef, you use Razor Leaf to start off with!” Kris yelled. Bayleef smiled, and leaves shot out of the leaf on her head. Ariados was hit, but the attack did little damage.

“With pleasure! Hit her with Signal Beam!” Gold boomed.

“Quick Bayleef, use Headbutt!” Kris yelled. Bayleef began charging forwards, her head down and ready to smash into the bug.

“Ari Dos Dos!” Ariados said in a strange clicking voice. His yellow and purple legs glowed, and as Bayleef approached, Ariados jumped to the side, and then fired a Signal Beam from his pincers. The attack was a giant rainbow blast, smashing into Bayleef’s side and sending her flying across the field. Morty had to leap aside, and Bayleef soared over him and smashed into the wall. There was a loud thud, and soft music that had been emitting from the theatre ended suddenly. A huge crack appeared in the wall, and more glass shattered.

“Bayleef Bay!” Bayleef said in defence. Kris looked over at the vicious looking spider, and decided it would be best if Bayleef didn’t battle.

“Bayleef, return!” Kris cried, making Gold and Morty look a little surprised. “And now Slugma, it’s your turn to shine!” With a flash of light, the pile of lava that was Slugma formed.

“Ma Slug.” He said, bubbles of heat bursting over his body. Gold’s eyes narrowed, and he quickly began his order.

“Dig now!” Kris growled, and watched as Ariados leapt into the trench caused by Noctowl and Teddiursa, and he quickly scooped dirt away and dove underground. She was annoyed about how the battle was going: both of the trainers could have the upper hand on each other, depending on which Pokemon was sent out. Bayleef and Slugma were good against Croconaw and Ariados respectively, but Croconaw and Ariados were good against Slugma and Bayleef! If Kris wanted to win this battle, she was going to have to shake things up.

^^^^ The GalacticVerse Bibliography (Thanks to Blazaking for Banner) ^^^^

Blog Entries

Gotta say Gold could really use some anger management lessons, maybe some etiquette lessons too XD

But great job on the story AT! ^^
    R.I.P my beloved dog Lisa

Insanity is normal, whats weird is those who are still sane
    White FC: 1162 9053 3913 Black FC: 2150 7869 1755

Blog Entries

Follow Ebail on Tumblr

Oh nicely done this time around. You make it (to me at least) feel like I'm not reading the battle between Kris and Gold but watching it instead, or at least reading manga since theres something to see.

Keep up your good and hard work and I hope you continue to make me feel like I'm seeing something which I know you will :D
    3DS FC: 1134-7255-2841 - White2 FC: 1765-1583-4731
    Some sort of blog about me - Fanclub

Blog Entries

Nice job! The grammar is fine, and the plot is interesting. However, dont' forget to make Kris lose a few times too. As far as I remember, other than the Pokeathalon (where her opponent cheated) she hasn't lost any battles. Remember that characters need to deal with defeat then get back up!

Made by Blue Dragon!

Trophies
    Blog Entries

BlackCat: Gold can be very tempermental, he is meant to be more antagonistic than Kris
    Ebail: I am glad you have something to see :D
    Magnus: .... You haven't been reading my mind, have you? :P
    I'll edit this with the last battle part soon!

Blog Entries

* Looks other way shiftily *
    All the same, I have to ask--why did you choose those specific pokemon for your banner?

Made by Blue Dragon!

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Well, Meganium and Feraligatr are going to be their fully evolved starters at the end, so I kind of had to have them. Noctowl was Kris' second capture and also Persephone's leading Pokemon. I could have put Ampharos and Ariados next, but I wanted to have the Eeveelution's instead, as they are tough fighters and have a powerful rivalry being twins. And I can't really spoil Tyranitar...

Blog Entries

Oh, wow. Tyranitar was the one I was wondering abou the most!
    Reason being Tyranitar is epic.
    ANyhow, guess I'll wait for the next chapter!

Made by Blue Dragon!

Trophies
    Blog Entries

:P Tyranitar isn't till near the end of the series sorry.

And they aren't really chapters, more parts/sections

Follow Marik On Twitter Add Marik on Facebook
    Visit Marik's Youtube Channel

Good chapter, Acetrainer!

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Cheers :)

“When he comes up from Dig, blast him with Earth Power!” Kris boomed dramatically. Slugma nodded, and he waited. His body began to shake and wobble, and everyone could knew Ariados was coming back up.

“DO IT NOW!” Kris bellowed melodramatically.

“SLUG!” Slugma cried, and his body glowed yellow. Yellow energy went forwards onto the field, surrounding him. Suddenly, there was an explosion: rocks, dirt and sections of earth were sent flying, and Slugma and Ariados were both sent flying. Kris ducked into the same ball she had made earlier, trying to avoid flying dirt this time. Morty’s purple outfit was splattered with brown mud, and Gold was nearly hit by some rocks.

“Use an aerial Night Shade!” Gold shouted.

“Spin and use Flamethrower!” Kris commanded. Ariados, who was flying towards the lake, fired a black beam from his horns. It hit Slugma, making his body expand.

“Ma!” He huffed, and his body began bubbling furiously. A jet of flame shot out, and Slugma began spinning, creating a tornado effect. The flames hit Ariados right in his bulging body, and the spider was sent flying faster towards the lake.

“ARI DOS A!” He said, and landed with a huge splash in the pond. Water and steam rose up, completely covering him. Slugma landed gracefully on the ground, even though the entire field had been stuffed up, and he was sore from the explosion and Night Shade attack.

“Ariados, return!” Gold said bitterly. “Croconaw, finish off this pile of ooze!” And he brought Ariados back quickly, and then threw Croconaw’s PokeBall towards the pond. It burst open and released him, and the Pokemon floated in the shaking water.

“Let’s keep this up, I think we’ve disturbed the theatregoers.” Morty whispered. Kris smiled with delight, and winked at Slugma.

“Water Pulse!” Gold exclaimed.

“Smog.” Kris said. Croconaw opened his mouth wide, and another ball of water appeared.

“CROCONAW!” He bellowed, and pulses of water were sent flying towards Slugma. They all struck, causing steam to emit from his body.

“Slugma Ma.” The fiery Pokemon snapped, and opened up his mouth. Poisonous, purple smoke came out of his mouth, and it moved through the sky and wrapped around Croconaw. The Big Jaw Pokemon began coughing violently, and his body glowed purple.

“Looks like he has been poisoned.” Morty stated.

“Obviously!” Gold snapped. “Now Croconaw, let’s see how they can handle Thrash!”

“Slugma, return, and out you go Bayleef!” Kris yelled. Slugma
    disappeared, and Bayleef took his place. She was stunned at how badly the field had been destroyed in the short time she had rested, and was surprised to see Croconaw back out as well.

“Naw Croco Croc!” Croconaw yelled, and he leapt up into the air. He spun to propel himself forwards, and as he landed, he began brutally kicking and slashing at Bayleef.

“Bay Bayleef!” The Leaf Pokemon exclaimed, and ran back towards Kris. Croconaw stood where he was, bouncing slightly on the spot, and his eyes glinting slightly with madness. Poison flowed through his body, but the Pokemon hardly noticed.

“Keep Thrash up, we can defeat her!” Gold instructed. Kris looked around the field, wondering how she could use it to her advantage. Large sections of earth had been displaced due to the Dig-Earth Power collision, and Kris had an idea.

“Alright Bayleef, jump over towards the hole, and then use Magical Leaf.” Kris ordered. Bayleef leapt forwards, landing on top of one of the chunks.

“Croc.” Croconaw snapped, and he ran forwards, leaping onto a different chunk. He began clawing and slashing again, and successfully managed to push Bayleef off. But Kris just smiled, and watched as Bayleef fired the Magical Leaf. The glowing leaves hit Croconaw in the gut, and he toppled backwards in agony. The chunks of earth followed him, and he became buried inside the hole.

“Interesting plan: you got Bayleef to go up there to trick Croconaw, and have now trapped him.” Morty explained, nodding in appreciation.
    “Why thank you, it just came to-” Kris began, but was cut off by Gold’s angry breathing.

“That was unfair!” He shouted. “What if he suffocates down there?”

“He is water Pokemon, they have big lungs… I think.” Kris mumbled back. Gold’s eyes were twitching, and he clenched his fists up together.

“Finish up your Thrashing!”

“Razor Leaf him!” Kris called. There was an angry smashing coming from beneath the earth.

“Bay….” Bayleef said nervously, and backed slowly away. Suddenly, the bits of earth were sent flying, and Croconaw leapt up from the ground.

“CROCO!” He yelled, and began attacking Bayleef again.

“Leef!” She huffed, tired of having her skin hit. Leaves shot out of the one on her head, and Croconaw went flying backwards. He skidded to a halt in front of Gold. The Big Jaw Pokemon suddenly began glowing blue, and his became unfocused.

“It’s Torrent!” Gold gasped.

“And he’s been confused, a side effect of Thrash.” Morty pointed out, making Gold groan. The blue light was temporarily replaced with the flowing poison, and Croconaw staggered slightly.

“Hit her with Ice Fang!”

“He’s getting weak, so use one last Magical Leaf!” Kris commanded. Croconaw and Bayleef both began moving forwards, wanting to be closer to do their attacks. Croconaw’s teeth were glowing ice blue, and Bayleef’s neck leaves were flashing different colours. The Magical Leaf shot out, and Croconaw continued charging.

“CRO!” He boomed, and opened his mouth. But before he was anywhere near Bayleef, he put his arm in front of his mouth, and Croconaw bit down on that. Kris whooped as the leaves hit him, and Croconaw rolled back towards Gold, landing by his feet.

“Croconaw is unable to battle, so Ariados must come out!” Morty said. Kris gave Bayleef the thumbs-up, and looked over at Gold. His eyes were blank, his mouth hanging open slightly, and his hands loose. Somehow, he looked more maniacal like this then when he was twitching and fuming.

“Good job Croconaw. Out you come Ariados.” There was a flash of white and red as the Pokemon were switched out, and Ariados stood on the field.

“Signal Beam.” Gold whispered.

“Use Synthesis, quickly.” Kris yelled. But she had barely finished her sentence when Ariados struck: there was a rainbow flash, the attack was fired, and Bayleef was hit in the chest and sent flying. Kris screamed and jumped aside, and Bayleef, still being hit by the attack, flew over and smashed into a wooden seat. The crash was so loud that it caused a stir inside the theatre, and they could all hear a collective concerned whisper. Morty ran over to Bayleef, and saw her eyes were closed.

“She’s out for the count, so Slugma is forced out.” The gym leader called. “And let’s go quickly before security comes.” Kris was stunned at how powerful the attack had been, but she quickly switched Bayleef out for Slugma.

“Slug Slug!” Slugma cried, and stared over at Ariados.

“Ariados Dos Aria!” The spider clicked back.

“Dig.” Gold muttered. He was showing more emotion on his face, probably because it was becoming more even: they both only had one Pokemon left, and Ariados’ Dig could cause a lot of damage to Slugma.

“Try a Flamethrower, quickly!” Kris yelled. Footsteps came out from the broken windows, and Morty began to look nervous.

“Dos!” Ariados said, and ran towards a hole. Slugma fired the powerful jet of flames, but Ariados dived underground too quickly, and the fire instead hit the cherry tree. The trunk erupted in orange fire, and Kris yelped.

“Um, use Recover!” She said. Slugma nodded, and he began to glow white. Suddenly, the ground underneath him cracked, and Ariados sent the Lava Pokemon soaring into the air. However, the Recover attack made it fairly pointless, and Slugma began to fall, almost fully charged.

“Sucker Punch.” Gold said, his eyes glistening slightly, and he was obviously planning something.

“Flamethrower!” Kris boomed. Ariados ran forwards, leaping off a chunk of earth, and then rammed a leg into Slugma’s stomach.

“Slug!” He said in anger, and blasted Ariados backwards with Flamethrower.

“AAAAAA!” The spider yelled, and landed in the same hole Croconaw had done. More chunks of earth landed on top, and Slugma was the final thing to stop falling, and was now several metres directly above Ariados. Gold stared over at the mound, and his eyes widened, his smile grew, and it was obvious he formed a plan.

“Night Shade.” He instructed, leaning forwards.

“Use Earth Power!” Kris commanded.

“YES!” Gold shouted, and Kris gasped, having somehow fallen into his trap. Suddenly, there was a banging sound, and an angry yell echoed in the dark field.

“It’s the theatre crowd!” Morty gasped. He exchanged looks with Kris, but they couldn’t leave the battle. There was a muffled cry, and it was Ariados firing the attack.

“SLUG!” Slugma said, and his body glowed yellow. The energy moved onto the earth, and he hoped to blow Ariados out.

Suddenly, there was a crackling noise. The yellow light instified, and black light shone through the cracks as well. Than, the Earth Power began to grow, and it covered the entire field.

“Night Shade and Earth Power collided, and the attack has grown!” Gold boomed. Kris and Morty gasped, and looked at the stony pitch. It looked like golden flames were dancing on the surface, and only Slugma could be seen, looking very shocked and also in pain.

Than, the pitch exploded.

With a huge golden flash, stones, earth, dirt and mud were sent flying, and the force caused Gold to fly towards the flaming tree, Morty to fly towards the theatre, and Kris to soar backwards towards the broken bench. She landed with a thud on soft grass, though pain shot through her body.

“Er hm.” Someone coughed. Kris slowly opened her eyes, and saw a number of dark figures above her. All thoughts of the battle left her, and all Kris could think about was that she had landed in front of a mob.

(There is one part left of "A Ghost to Victory", so I hope you enjoy seeing how wins the battle!)

I'm liking this "episode" of Kris vs Gold! It's very action-packed, and I like the way that you set the battle behind the Kimono Theatre! I hope the Kimono Girls make a physical appearance, as they are one of my favourite trainer classes!
    NikNak3000's Fanfic Collection

Thumbnails by Instrutilus

Blog Entries

I liked this chapter a lot! Gold seems to be thinking a bit smarter. I kind of hope he wins (this would be a major place to put character development then)! You've written it quite well, and I can't wait until the conclusion!!!

Made by Blue Dragon!

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Cheers guys! Just as a warning: this part contains some "coarse" langugage. If you are upset by the F word, tredge carefully :)

Kris gulped, and looked up at the angry faces.

“What is going on here?” A female voice snapped.

“They were having a battle!” A similar voice said.

“And it seems they destroyed the courtyard!”

“Is that Morty?”

“Let’s ask the girl!” The five voices all sounded the same, and as Kris sat up, she realised there were five girls in front of her: the Kimono Sisters.

“Oh, it’s you.” One of the sisters snapped, and the five backed away. Kris leapt up, smiling nervously. There was a crowd of about fifty people behind the sisters, all of varying ages, and some looking very
    surprised, others whispering amongst each other.

“I am just going to, um, check on the battle.” Kris said, and turned
    around.

The field was gone.

All that remained was a pitch of earth sections: the combination of Earth Power and Night Shade had blown up all of the ground a metre deep. Sections of the earth had scattered everywhere, and the stone covering had been completely obliterated. The cherry tree was still burning, the footpath was cracked, the theatre wall was badly damaged, and Gold and Morty were both in pain.

But it was the two Pokemon lying in the middle of the field that Kris cared most about. Ariados was lying upside down on top of one section, his legs flailing. This meant he was still conscious, and it seemed he was annoyed about his current position. But Kris ignored him, and began searching through the piles of earth, moving bits slightly, trying to find the slightest bit of orange.

“Kris… over there.” Morty, who was barely awake, groaned, and pointed towards a piece of earth that looked like a star. Kris grinned and jumped over some bits of earth, and could say a bit of orange under the section. The crowd was moving behind her, but Kris wanted to focus on Slugma for the time being. She finally reached the star-shaped earth bit, and peered behind. Slugma was lying there, looking like an orange piece of chewing gum. Kris smiled, and looked around for Gold, wanting to finish the battle. But then she noticed his eyes… they were closed.

Slugma was fainted.

Gold had won.

Kris gasped, and fell backwards, nearly falling deep into the trench.
    She had lost, Gold had finally defeated he with a nasty trick. She had fallen into his trap, and allowed him to destroy the field, knowing it was crush Slugma and sap away his health. And there was nothing Kris could do. Maybe if she hadn’t been distracted by the Kimono Sisters, or gotten to cocky, or tried playing tricks… there was no use thinking ‘What if’: it wouldn’t help Kris get over this defeat.

“Morty, what were you thinking?” Kris’ thoughts were interrupted by the shrill cry of on of the Kimono Sisters. She stood up, and saw that the crowd had gathered around Morty, who was rubbing his head. He muttered something to the sisters, and they all tutted.

“Sorry to cut the show short, people, but please collect a form from our bouncer for a half price entry tomorrow night!” One of the sisters called to the ground. There were several shouts of protest, but Morty and the two of the sisters pulled PokeBalls out, ready to battle anyone that argued. So young and old couples, families, friends and fans turned and walked sulkily towards the entrance. Kris pulled her own PokeBall out and brought Slugma back, and heard Gold do the same with Ariados. Avoiding her rival’s eyes, Kris leapt up onto the grass, and walked towards Morty and the sisters. None of the sisters were pleased to see Kris, or their garden in ruins, but they couldn’t run from her now.

“Alright then, you three come inside, and we’ll sort things out.”

The interior of the theatre would usually have been quite beautiful.
    There were about two hundred circular tables, some bigger than others, and all made from the Ecruteak tree, position inside the main hall. The carpet was wine coloured, and made it seem smooth and velvety. There were lamps like the ones outside, except smaller and emitting only a tiny flame. At the front of the hall (the courtyard was to the right) was a giant stage, usually a plain white, but had a variety of spotlights on it, and one was currently making it a blazing gold, reminding everyone of the battle’s finishing attack. A bar was to the left of the stage, and there was signs pointing to the bathrooms.

Kris, Gold and Morty sat at a table near the front. Gold was wearing a smirk as wide as the sky on his face, and Kris was making sure to avoid him, and had let Morty sit between them.

There were seven Pokemon in front of them, all evolutions of Eevee: Flareon, Jolteon, Vaporeon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon and Glaceon. Jolteon and Umbreon were the main bodyguards, while Flareon, Vaporeon and Espeon were running around. Glaceon and Leafeon both looked a bit old and weathered, and they sat behind the others, snoozing. A litter of about ten Eevee’s were dancing around on stage, and Kris and Gold had sent their Eevee’s out to play with them. The Kimono Sisters were backstage, presumably changing, but Kris was hoping they were getting information on her father.

“Have you looked at your Eevee’s body?” Morty whispered, breaking the awkward silence.

“What do you mean?” Kris grunted back.

“On your Eevee, her tail has half of a crescent moon and five pointed star pattern,” Morty explained. “And Gold’s Eevee has the other half.” The two trainer’s looked forward, and as their Eevee’s ran past each other, eyes narrowed in disgust, they were able to see the splotches.

“How did you notice?” Kris asked.

“Some of the Kimono Sister’s ones have splotches as well.” Morty said, and was about to point them out, when the dressing room doors banged open, and the Kimono Sisters came out. Each one was wearing a kimono, which each had a pattern of fire, water, electricity, the sun, the moon, grass and ice, and used different colours to show their main Pokemon. Morty had given Kris and Gold a run down after they had gone to get changed: their was Zuki, who had a black kimono with a yellow pattern, Naoko, who had a purple and pink kimono, Kuni, who had chosen deep and light blue as her colours, Miki, who had an orange base and yellow lining, and finally Sayo, who had a yellow kimono with white lining. Sayo was leading the sisters now, and it was rumoured that she was one of the hardest sisters to beat in battle.

“So, Krystal Soul, you have come to our theatre many times this week, and failed to talk to us.” Sayo said acidly, standing in front of the three. “So you decided to use a battle to get our attention, and destroyed our courtyard in the process, eh?” Morty looked at Kris in shock.

“You told me you hadn’t been allowed in.” Morty whispered. Kris looked apologetically at him, before turning to face the angry Kimono Sisters. All of the Eevee evolutions except Leafeon and Glaceon had moved to their respective trainers, making them all seem more intimidating.

“Yes, the first part is true, and I did use the battle to try and attract your attention, but I swear I didn’t mean to destroy the courtyard!” Kris protested. Sayo exchanged looks with her sisters, and they all nodded.

“We will require you and Ethan to pay $20,000 each for the destruction you caused, so that we can get a new tree, fix the courtyard and path, and repair our broken walls and cracked theatre wall.” Kuni explained, and passed two sheets of bank account details to them. Gold groaned, but Kris knew that they deserved it. But there was something else she wanted from the sisters, and she looked up pleadingly to them.

“Please, I must know, do you have any information on my father?” Kris whispered, her eyes unwillingly tearing up. The five sisters were shocked, but they exchanged looks and nodded again. Naoko walked forwards, and passed over a manilla folder. Kris opened it up, but was disappointed: there were three photos that had been torn up and taped badly back together, a piece of paper with bank details, similar to the ones she had just received, and a black cassette tape.

“Your father was a big businessman when he became champion.” Naoko explained. “His most famous venture was, of course, co-owning Hart Industries. But we knew him as our main stockholder: he owned 40% of our stocks.” Morty and Gold were surprised, but Kris wanted to listen, she didn’t want to get upset yet. “We didn’t know much about him, and only met him a few times when he came to watch our shows. But one day, many years ago, we were having some financial difficulties, and the local paper reported on it. Hayden found out, and he offered his services to us, and said he could fix up our finances. Now, we didn’t have the money to pay an accountant, so we allowed him to do it.”

“Big mistake.” Miki snapped. “After a fortnight, we noticed that we had lost twice the amount of money we had previously had, and all of the money had been taken by Hayden. Well, Sayo and I tracked him down and confronted him. It turned out he had lost his championship title, and was struggling to make ends meet. We told him to give our money back or we would go to the police. Hayden told us that if we did that, then he would sell his share in the company to the mafia.”

“So we kept our mouths shout,” Sayo continued. “but we had to keep putting the pressure on him. We performed at your fifth birthday party, Kris, in order to make him nervous and more willing to pay up. But it was two years before we finally received all of the money, along with a 10% interest.”

“But that money wasn’t yours, it was from Hart Industries, wasn’t it?” Kris asked.

“We believe so, though by the time we heard about the embezzlement, Hayden had disappeared.” Miki replied.

“Over the years, we have tried contacting Harold Hartley, though he is trying to forget the situation, and we have given up trying.” Naoko said, but then she pulled a cheque out of her pocket, and passed it over to Gold.

“Jesus Christ, this is for $100,000!” He yelled, making Morty’s eyes bulge.

“Can you please return it to him, for us?” Naoko asked. Suddenly, Kris leapt up, tears rolling down her face, and she turned towards the door.

“Krystal, wait, don’t you have any questions?” Sayo yelled. Kris’ Eevee ran past them all, looking concerned.

“Just leave Kris be, she’s a bit peeved because I won.” Gold explained in a sneering tone. Kris froze and turned around, her eyes wet but looked furious. She grabbed one of the lamps from the nearest table and threw it at Gold. He ducked, and the lamp hit the stage and shattered. Vaporeon ran forwards and quickly put the flame out, but everyone else was focused on Kris.

“You’ve had a perfect life, haven’t you Gold?” Kris growled, her voice shaking. “You’ve been able to click your fingers and get everything you want, yet your sad because you can’t be your own person. Well boo fucking hoo! I’ve been living in next to nothing for half my life because my arsehole of a father ran off, leaving us with no money, hospital bills piling up, and having to deal with the fallout of his scandal. But noooo, that’s nothing compared to what you’ve been ‘going through’. I don’t give a fuck about battling anymore. I am going to find my dickhead father and crush him, and make him feel our pain.” An awkward silence fell as Kris finished, tears streaming over her chin and her voice shaking like an earthquake. She looked around at all of the shocked faces, and with one final sob, Kris turned and ran out of the hall.

“Vee Eva!” Eevee called, and chased after. The Kimono Sisters all looked at each other, not sure quite how to respond. The silence was broken by a creaking down on the stage, and the Eevee’s all stopped playing and formed a line. An elderly lady, wearing a blue dressing gown over her green kimono, began walking across the stage. Her grey hair was up in a bun, and her face was wrinkled so badly that her eyes and lips were merely slits. A walking stick, made of Ecruteak wood, was in her callused hands, and it clunked with every step she made.

“Mother, you shouldn’t be out of bed!” Naoko gasped.

“I’ve been awake since the courtyard exploded.” The elderly lady replied, her voice very croaky. Leafeon and Glaceon stood up, and they leapt up onto the stage alongside their trainer. The old lady smashed her stick against the stage, and the pointed at Morty and Gold.

“Leave.” She barked. The two boys didn’t want to argue with her, and they turned and fled, Gold’s Eevee following. Once they had left, the eldery lady bent down towards her daughters.

“I want you girls to get my travel things ready.” She whispered.

“Mother, you can’t go anywhere, the doctor said-” Miki said, but the old lady laughed.

“Kris deserves the full story, and I am going to make sure she gets it.” The old lady croaked. And with this final statement, she turned and walked through the Eevee’s back to her room, with Glaceon and Leafeon on either side, and left the Kimono Sister’s thoroughly confused and concerned. They wanted Kris to know the story, but they also didn’t want to upset their niece…

DUN DUN DUN! I hope you all enjoy this cliffhanger! So, what is lef to tell in the story of Hayden Soul? How will Kris recover from it? Will Kris find her father? And what surprises are left! Find out more in the next part, when Kris takes a tumble and walks down memory lane.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast