Kris vs Gold: A Tale of War - Snow - Page 14
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Kris vs Gold: A Tale of War - Snow

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Kris vs Gold: A Tale of War

Thanks for all the nice feedback :D I am not able to proofread properly in my current situation, so I apologise for that if it bothers you.
    Also, thanks to everyone who voted for Kris vs Gold and Hanoko in the Fan Fiction Awards: I really appreciate it :D I am honoured to have recieved this recognition, though Im sorry I didnt have the time to vote :(

"Good job Seadra!" Kris called, and she brought the water type back, upset to lose her new Pokemon so soon in the battle. But as Seadra turned into energy and was brought back, Kris began to realise the full extent of the damage they had caused. The ground surrounding them was completely destroyed, littered with shards of glasses from the nearby cottages. Kris and Gold had caused damage to areas before, such as the Glitter Lighthouse and the Kimono Sisters Theatre House, but they had only been one off places they had visisted simply to battle. But Kris had been living here for the past three weeks: Mahogany Town was like a second home while she had been recovering from the last battle, and it was terrible to see the town being destroyed. Kris was just glad the elderly residents were at their weekly town meeting: she didn't think many of them could handle being in their houses when the windows shattered.

"Are we going to keep battling or what?" Gold's snappy voice brought Kris out of her thoughts. She glanced back up to see everyone was staring at her: Gold, Larvitar, her team, even Skarmory had landed just to look at her quizzically. No one else seemed to care about the destruction to the neighbouring houses, and Kris guessed that they didn't have as much of a personal attachment. She knew her Pokemon would care later, but understood why they didn't know: just like her, they wanted to defeat Gold once again. Gold himself no longer looked happy and excited. He was eager for the battle continued, wanting to defeat Kris and prove to himself what he could do: her drifting off wasn't going to make that happen.

"So sorry, I just dozed off. That's what a battle with you does to me." Kris replied cheekily, and Gold's eyes narrowed.

"Let's just move along, I hate being in this town!" He huffed, not wanting to respond to her cheek. Kris nodded, but than something suddenly struck her.

"We never decided how many Pokemon the battle was going to be!" She said in shock. Gold's eyes bulged as well, and the two both blushed with embarassment at this mistake.

"Well... let's just make it a three on three, I don't want to be here any longer than necessary." Gold said, and Kris nodded: three was a decent number, and would make it easier for one of them tol defeat the other in time. Also, she would have enough time to do her best to fix up the area before the residents returned: it would be a poor way for her to repay their gratitude.

"I'll even do something nice for you." Gold said in a sneering tone. He pulled his Ultra Ball out and pointed it at Larvitar. "I'll let you send first again as well, as I'm that nice." Gold smiled widely, but he had alterior motives, and Kris knew that it wasn't a kind gesutre. Gold doubted wheter Larvitar would be able to defeat another one of Kris' Pokemon, especially as Meganium was still waiting in the wings to attack. Kris didn't want to send first, as than Gold could send out a Pokemon with an advantage. However, an ingenious idea came into her head as she thought of this.

"Alright then, that sounds fine." Kris smiled in response. Her Pokemon exchanged whispers, surprised by her agreeing to this, but Kris turned and gave them a wink and a smile. Gold silently smiled, glad she had agreed to it, and pressed the button on the Ultra Ball. Larvitar let out a sad sigh as he turned into energy and was brought back, and once again Kris felt guilty for the little Pokemon. She wondered if Gold treated all his Pokemon like this, but decided to dwell upon it later.

"Espeon, out you come!" Kris shouted, and the Sun Pokemon looked up curiously. Gold's face lit up in delight by contrast, watching gleefully as Espeon headed over. Kris got down onto her knees and gave Espeon a hug, getting close to her ears. "Don't worry, I've got a plan." She whispered, and Espeon nodded in a trusting matter, before moving forwards and stand next to the Double Pulse Crater.

"Nice Pokemon, but it's an awful decision!" Gold sneered, and he produced a PokeBall from his pocket. "Umbreon, let's bring your twin down to size!" As the ball burst open and released light and energy, Kris smiled and winked once again at her team while Gold couldn't see.

"Espeon Esp?" Espeon asked, surprised to see Kris was happy about the dark type being sent out.

"You'll see!" Kris said, and she winked once more before turning back to the field. Umbreon had fully folrmed on the field and was poised in a battle position, glaring and growling at his twin. Espeon strutted forwards and got into her position as well, ready to strike back at whatever came her way. Gold was pleased with the type matchup, and he beamed broadly at Kris, hoping she was as fearful as he wanted her to be.

"Oh well Espeon, let's do your best!" Kris said in an obviously fake voice, but Gold didn't pick up on it. "Let's start off with Future Sight!" Espeon nodded, deciding to not question Kris and play along with her plan. The red jewel on her forehead flashed white, causing a small ball of light and energy to form upon it. It floated up into the sky and simply hovered there, looking like it was coming from an invisible streetlight. Gold was perplexed by this: why initate an attack that wasn't going to work straight away and didn't seem to do anything?

"Whatever your playing at won't work!" Gold snapped. "Umbreon, begin with Toxic!" Kris' smile got even wider as Gold said this, and Espeon's mouth made an O shape as she realised why Kris had chosen her for this battle.

"Umbre!" Umbreon called with a grim look on her face, and smacked the ground, unleashing toxic purple slime that oozed through the damaged ground. Espeon barely reacted as it got closer, simply sitting there with a smile on her face as she awaited the poisoning. Gold was stunned: why wasn't Espeon reacting to the fact she was about to get badly poisoned? But as the Toxic formed underneath and burst over Espeon, Gold suddenly remembered something from the Glitter Lighthouse battle.

"DAMN!" He roared, and watched as Espeon's gem turned purple.

"Finally clicked, have you?" Kris laughed, and watched gleefully as Espeon fired a purple beam at Umbreon. Her alternative evolution took the attack, having known it would happen all along, and glowed purple as she too was poisoned. Gold angrily kicked some rocks as both Pokemon glowed purple as a side effect of their poisoned body. How could Gold have made such a dumb mistake! In all his time training, he had been focusing mostly on moves and not as much on ability or strategy anymore.

"You knew this would happen, didn't you!" Gold snapped furiously, and Kris just beamed and laughed.

"Not my fault if you can't remember our battles!" Kris laughed. "You always try and Toxic Espeon, even back when we were at Goldenrod City, so I had a feeling if I sent her out, you would fall for it again!"

"Espe Espe!" Espeon laughed, and Meganium, Miltank and Magcargo chuckled amongst each other as well. Gold glared angrily at them, and puffed up with rage. How dare the Pokemon laugh at them, and how dare Kris trick him into this! And why hadn't Umbreon stopped attacking as well! Gold was furious that he had fallen into this trap, risking his chances of winning the match.

"You shouldn't have used Toxic, you knew what would happen!" Gold hissed out of the corner of his mouth, making sure Kris was too busy congratulating to hear. Umbreon looked sadly at the ground, his ears and tail drooping sadly. Skarmory looked shocked as well, but awkwardly looked away to avoid Gold snapping at her as well. Meganium could see Umbreon and Skarmory's expressions, and she opened her mouth to say something, but Kris was already ready preparing her new moves.

"Well, as I can't use any Psychic moves at the moment, I need to do something else now, don't I?" She said, and winked once again at Espeon. "Signal Beam!" Gold looked shocked: now Espeon had a move that could easily strike Umbreon down! He had to win this battle, but all of his plans were dripping out of his mind. He had thought of all possible situations to put him over the top, he had made all his Pokemon try these methods out, and he had defeated every single trainer in Mount Mortar with them. But, there was the one person who truly mattered that he hadn't put to the test yet: Kris. She had a certain effect on Gold that he couldn't quite put his finger on, but it was making him lose his concentration and lose all of his brilliant schemes. Gold took a deep breath and calmed down: he couldn't let Kris get the best of him, not like all the other times they had battled.

"Assurance!" He shouted, trying to keep a clear head. He wanted to know why Kris had such a strong effect on his mind like this, but he needed to concentrate on the battle for now. Espeon's gem had already changed into a multi colour and charged up, and now she stared towards Umbreon, a glowing ball of energy rising up.

"PEON!" She cried, releasing the attack as a powerful beam. Umbreon began running, hoping to get out of the way, but the beam smashed into his stomach. IIt was powerful enough to send him blasting off into the sky. Kris punched the air in delight,
    excited that Espeon now had the upperhand. However, her delight was premature: Umbreon, determined to get back at his twin and reprove himself in Gold’s eyes, twirled around in mid air in order to stop her ascent into the sky. Espeon looked shocked as Umbreon now came speeding back towards her, remaining in a ball in order to gain maximum speed.

“Try and get out of the way!” Kris shouted desperately, but it was too late: Umbreon unfurled, his front paws now glowing black, and smashed them against Espeon’s forehead. A wave of black energy was emitted from the balls, blasting Umbreon safely backwards but causing Espeon to skid backwards, wincing with the pain. Gold beamed whilst Kris frowned, annoyed that Signal Beam had backfired on her. However, she watched carefully as both Pokémon glowed purple from the poison continuously flowing through them: Espeon was panting slightly, the Toxic taking its toll, but Umbreon was nearly flat on the ground, the stronger Signal Beam having more of an effect that the weaker Assurance did.

“I think that turn went smoothly for me!” Gold said with a broad grin. Kris rolled her eyes but was glad at his ignorance: he was too focused on Espeon’s health than he was on Umbreon’s. If this continued, the battle would easily go in her favour.

“Well, we’ll just have to wait and see.” Kris said, stroking Espeon’s two pronged tail as she tried to lure Gold into repeating himself. “Signal Beam once more!” Umbreon tensed up, ready to try and take the attack. Gold was ready to call out a Dark type move, but than something occurred to him: the Bug type is weak against Flying. If he his new idea worked, Gold might be able to blast Signal Beam, which is effective against Psychic types as well, back towards Espeon.

“Hidden Power, quickly!” He ordered. Kris looked shocked as Umbreon’s yellow rings glowed, causing lilac-coloured ovals to rise up and form around the Moonlight Pokémon. Espeon had already readied her Signal Beam, and there wasn’t enough time to call it off: Kris just shut her eyes as the bright beam was fired, and Gold smiled as Umbreon waved his tail, sending the Hidden Power in front of him as a shield.

However, Gold’s plan didn’t quite work.

The Signal Beam shot across the damaged battle field, sending dust shooting towards Skarmory and Kris’ Pokémon, and Umbreon’s eyes glowed lilac as he struggled to keep the Hidden Power floating in front of him. The multi coloured bug beam struck the Hidden Power ovals, and for a split second Gold though his plan had succeded as the Signal Beam lingered.

But the Hidden Power was struggling against the power of the attack, and Umbreon couldn’t hold the two attacks there for much longer.

“Breeeeee!” He wheeshed and collapsed onto the ground. Gold’s eyes bulged and his jaw dropped, horrified at his Pokémon giving up. Kris was enthusiastic at first, thinking that now the beam would move together as one. However, when Umbreon gave in, the Hidden Power gave in as well: the lilac ovals disintegrated, exploding with a loud gust of wind, and released a powerful burst of energy. The Signal Beam was blown apart, being released as a giant, multicoloured, bug shock wave. It shot across the destroyed field, blasting Umbreon’s limp, barely breathing body backwards and into Gold’s legs, and caused Espeon to roll backwards and nearly bowled Kris over. The wave even went as far as the Pokémon standing on the sideline: Meganium looked shocked as the mixture of Flying and Bug came towards her.

“TAAAAAANK!” Miltank quickly slid in front having sensed the danger, her large body absorbing most of the blow. The wave phased past her and whacked into the surrounding cottages, causing more damages to the window frames, but Meganium remained unharmed.

"Meganium Nium Gani!" Meganium said gratefully, and Miltank nodded back in response. Kris had seen this action, but she didn't have time to do anything except mentally 'awwww' at them. The Signal Beam Wave cleared and she whirled around, looking to see what had happened. Gold was standing opposite her looking furious: his face was wrinkled up and he was staring down at Umbreon's unmoving body with a look of disgust. The Moonlight Pokemon's chest was moving up and down at a slow pace, but that was the only movement it seemed to be able to make. Kris quickly checked on Espeon, who was just managing to get to her feet.

"Are you alright?" Kris asked nervously. Espeon opened her mouth but was unable to produce any sound, so she simply nodded weakly. "That's good!" And Kris gave her a scratch around the ears. She looked back towards Gold, wondering if he would show any affection for Umbreon. But he was staring down at if it had just murdered his mother, looking like he was ready to attack it. Kris was apalled at this expression: was Gold that angry about the botch attack that he would spite his Pokemon? She went to say something, but froze: something above her was suddenly glowing. All heads looked upwards, including Gold's and Umbreon's, as the Future Sight glowed brightly. It was getting bigger and bigger, beginning tio float towards the middle of the field. When it became so bright that everyone was now staring away from it in horror, there was a soft popping sound and blast of energy: a white ray, almost like a spotlight, was fired from the ball at Umbreon.

"GAAAAH!" Gold shouted, the light powerful enough to nearly blind him. However, there was a final bright flash and the attack was over after only a few moments. Kris staggered slightly from the sudden change in light, and blinked violently to adjust herself. She glanced towards Gold, who was still blinded by the attack, and looked down at Umbreon. She wasn't surprised that the powerful attack had been enough to knock Umbreon out, leaving him with his limbs spread and a dead look across his face.

"Oh well, at least you knocked someone out..." Kris said sadly: she was glad to have won the round, but she felt bad for Umbreon, mainly due to how badly Gold had treated it. She paused for a second, thinking this over, when she suddenly realised something: Espeon hadn't responded. Kris looked down at her feet just int time to see Espeon collapsing sideways against her legs, her entire body glowing purple.

"The Toxic!" Kris gasped, collapsing to her knees in shock. She forgot that the effects of Toxic, unlike normal poisonings, got worse over time. Espeon's eyes were shut and her body was limp: she, too, had fainted. Kris was secretly upset, mainly for the fact Espeon had fainted, but was also upset that she hadn't won the round. Gold had two Pokemon left now compared to her one, one of which she had no idea what it would be.

"You did your best Espeon, that's all I could have asked for." Kris whispered, and she brought the Sun Pokemon back. She wiped a tear out of her eyes and stood up, glad to see Gold had brought Umbreon back as well. He still looked furious, as if Umbreon had personally betrayed him, but Kris didn't want to question him about it now. She put Espeon's PokeBall in her pockets alongside Seadra's and than paused: Kris could feel the third one, the Ultra Ball, there as well. She grabbed hold of it and shut her eyes. All her tension, all her stress, all her worries about Gold and the battle were washed away. She could feel power flowing through her body like blood, setting her heart racing and letting her mind wander free.

This is it.... it is time... Kris thought, and slowly opened her eyes. Gold was staring at the crater in the middle of the field, obviously deep in thought as well. Not wanting to let his negativity bring her down, Kris stared towards her Pokemon. Miltank didn't look harmed from the Signal Beam Wave, and she smiled and nodded along with Meganium and Magcargo, the three of them urging her on.

"Alright then!" Kris boomed a bit louder than she expected, causing Gold and Skarmory to stare at her. She pulled the Ultra Ball out of her pocket, its power still radiating through her. "Gold! It is time that I introduce my final new Pokemon to you!" Kris called. "I know I won't be needing any other Pokemon on my team because this Pokemon can provide me, Meganium, Noctowl, Ampharos, ANYONE on my team with enough power to bring you down!" Gold smirked slightly, and Kris tipped her head back and laughed. "You don't believe me? Well... prepare to meet your match!" Kris threw the Ultra Ball into the sky and watched as it rotated above her head, moving more elegantly than a normal PokeBall.

Than it happened.

As the Ultra Ball opened, Gold was expecting some cheesy Pokemon like a Clefable or Wigglytuff to show up. However, instead of the usual yellow light and energy, what seemed like an eeire blue spotlight burst across the field, the brightness nearly knocking Gold backwards. It shone as brilliantly and dazzling as a diamond, and Skarmory dropped her hauncy nature as her jaw dropped in awe. A ball of the same colour floated out of the Ultra Ball, stopping in the middle of the field. Kris smiled and winked at Gold as the ball shone brightly before suddenly bursting, releasing more strands that flowed and formed, turning into a more solid figure. Gold was now shielding his eyes as Kris' new Pokemon began to solidify right in front of him, still emitting the bright, amazing light. He couldn't even tell what Pokemon it was, but Gold knew that it was going to be powerful......

"LAAAAAAAAAATIIIIIIIIIIII......"

Banana eating Gengar GengarEatBanana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Great chapter, although a few minor nitpicks.

The battle was great, but no offence, I just can't imagine Gold being that annoyed at Umbreon. I don't know why, it's just a gut instinct.

Also Kris getting a Lati? With that she'll beat everyone, it'll become one sided. I don't know what will happen but something will happen to compensate for that. This unbalance is why people don't usually use ledgendaries in fanfics.

No offence intended in any of this, I think you're a great writer. Can't wait for the next chapter =)
    White FC: 2237-0577-3400
    Bulbagarden PO Server!
    P.World | N.World

Blog Entries

This is quite a good chapter you managed to churn out of your head.
    You made the emotions as real as they could be.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GengarEatBanana View Post
    Great chapter, although a few minor nitpicks.

The battle was great, but no offence, I just can't imagine Gold being that annoyed at Umbreon. I don't know why, it's just a gut instinct.

Also Kris getting a Lati? With that she'll beat everyone, it'll become one sided. I don't know what will happen but something will happen to compensate for that. This unbalance is why people don't usually use ledgendaries in fanfics.

No offence intended in any of this, I think you're a great writer. Can't wait for the next chapter =)
    I am glad you liked it, but I feel that Gold would act that way. Gold is losing his mind a bit in his desperation to defeat Kris and prove he is permanently better than she is. This was shown a bit in the last story, if you remember, when it was implied Gold had been abusing his Croconaw. I like being subtle with my writing: I feel that if I am blantly obvious with what I am trying to get across, the story becomes very boring to read. I feel that twists and turns should remain secret until the time is right to reveal them, not wait a chapter and than have the shocking secret revealed. So I have been sublte with Gold for now, but these next few chapters are when he begins to lose his grip on reality and become obsessed with her defeat.

And I didn't think Gold deserved a legendary, as he is too much of a jerk and I didn't want him with that much power. However, I am not making the Lati superpowered, as that would indeed be boring and unfair. It won't appear very often, only for some major moments in the next few stories (three stories away from the final battle!)

Also, thanks to everyone who voted for Hanoko: SHE WON :D :D:D:D:D:D I am very to have won an award on my third time being entered into a category, so thanks a lot to everyone :D

Blog Entries

the one thing that troubles me about him mistreating umbreon is that if he was surely it wouldnt have evolved seen as it evolves through happiness. apart from that great chapter and I'm looking forward to seeing lati
    Read my fanfic Tales of the Gym leader's and comment if you like or dislike it thanks

A massive thanks to Kyuujux for the amazing banner

Trophies
    Blog Entries

His increasing madness has arisen since Glitter Lighthouse after defeating her twice in a row, as Gold began to think he was better than her and could easily defeat her. His Eevee evolved during his happy period after defeating Kris the first time

Blog Entries

OK, let's get started
    Grammar
    Was great as normal. A few minor mistakes, but nothing I would pick up on. I see no big problems.

Spelling
    Again, I think one mistake, but I might be wrong. Your spelling and grammar is reasonably good.

Plot
    Now, this was an interesting section of the story. The battle was intense, though Gold is a dunderhead...the ending was epic. Kris sending out the Lati was a great scene, though I have no idea which one it is :). I'm going with Latias, but still.
    I want to see more than battle. You've showed some great battles, but more plot being integrated would be a nice thing. As in, what are Kris's goals, other than becoming a champion? It would be nice to see more of those.

Characterization
    So, here's my opinion.
    Both Kris and Gold need a humility lesson. I'm kind of serious about this one, they both come across as slightly sore losers, particularly Gold in the last few chapters. However, though Leaf taught battling strategies, she didn't teach humility. I think both of them need to learn that trait. I can understand that Kris wants to prove herself, but I think she's getting just a little full of herself.
    One very good strategy I've seen is to have the character encounter another one, challenge them, then get fully swept. It's been used before, sure, but I think it really helps.
    Of course, that's just my personal opinion.
    THis chapter was a great chapter overall, though I'd love to see more plot mixed in there. Great job!

Made by Blue Dragon!

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the feedback. I don't like to mix too much plot into my battle scenes as I think that would distract too much from the battles themselves. Asides from their thoughts, which can help the reader understand their decisions, I don't like having things interrupt the flow of the battle. And, to be fair, Gold's abusing of his Pokemon and some of their confrontations are plot points ;)

Kris did want to find out about her father, if you remember, but as that dream has ended, she is mainly focusing on championism. But we do see some more stuff in the Homecoming episode ;)

I think most people get stroppy when they are outshone by a rival, but I see what you mean. My story ideas are already locked in place, but I think I should try and work this in somehow... ;)

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Hey. Sorry for the delay with this one: it's taken a while to try and get some of these ideas onto the computer: I had several changes in how to end it. I just hope I choose the right one.

"....AAAAAAAAS!"

Gold was almost blasted backwards as the glowing body suddenly turned a violent shade of pink. A shock wave was released, blasting the blue light aside and nearly throwing Gold off his feet. Kris stood her ground well and remained in a proud and happy position as the light faded away.

"Ethan Hartley, I present you with the magnificent, the elegant, the fantastical Eon Pokemon…. LATIAS!” She bellowed, putting on a voice like a sports announcer. Meganium, Miltank and Magcargo all cheered as the pink light faded away, revealing the true legendary Pokemon.
    Latias was smiling widely down at a stunned Gold and Skarmory, a happy face across her white face. A red triangle was across her forehead, covering part of her amber eyes, with long, pulled back ears on the top. Her long neck stretched down her abdomen before Latias’ body turned a ruby red. Her red oval shaped arms came out of the white, and a blue triangle, same shape as the one on her forehead, was on the middle of her chest. Flat wings stuck out at the very bottom, making her look sort of like an airplane, and shorter versions of these formed her legs below a stubby little tail.

“Lati Lat!” Latias said happily, and she spun around above them all. Kris was smiling widely and waved up at her, and Latias waved back as she soared around the cottages. Latias was happy, strong and a perfect battler: Kris had no doubt that she would be able to do some great things.

“This is…. Just great…” Gold mumbled, no idea how to put his feelings into vocal words. However, the same thing was rushing through his mind: SHE HAS A LEGENDARY! How did Kris have a legendary? Gold was furious: he had always wanted, desired, dreamed for a legendary, but here was Kris with a powerful Psychic Dragon right under his nose! Gold wasn’t angry that she had Latias, specifically, as he had always seen it as far too feminine for him, but he still wanted a legendary!

I have to defeat this Pokemon! Gold thought viciously, reaching inside his pockets for the Pokemon to do so. Kris doesn’t deserve a legendary, and I need to prove that only I should have one!

“You impressed?” Kris asked, grinning as Latias came back down to Earth, hovering a few feet above the demolished ground. Gold just nodded, putting on a fake smile, as he pulled his own PokeBall out.

“A legendary: I’m impressed!” Gold said, doing his best to sound sincere. However, Kris could easily tell he was annoyed and struggled not to laugh. “However, let’s just see how it goes against a Pokemon that it can barely hurt!” Kris was intrigued and looked at Latias, wondering how she would react. But the Eon Pokemon just smiled and nodded, happy at the opportunity for a battle. The PokeBall rotated twice before bursting open, the light and energy smashing into the ground before quickly forming: the Pokemon was large and black, wearing a nasty scowl and with grey horns on its head

“Doooom!” The unfamiliar Pokemon snarled, and Kris clicked as to who it must be: it was Houndour’s evolved form, Houndoom. The evolved form had a similar orange underbelly and lower jaw, a skull around his neck and a banded back and legs. However, Houndoom had a longer snout and a long, arrow headed tail, and was looking at Latias with a look of hunger.

“What a charming looking Pokemon…” Kris said, looking at Houndoom’s vicious teeth and the fiery look in it’s eyes. Gold just chuckled and beamed: if anyone could take Latias down, it would definitely be Houndoom!

“I’ll show you some of his new power!” He boomed. “Heat Wave, now!” Kris had been taken aback at first, but she was prepared for this sort of Pokemon, and her eyes glinted with battle fury and her puzzled look turned into a smirk.

“Waterfall!” Kris shouted, and Gold’s jaw dropped in shock.

“Lati Lat Latiaaaaaas!” Latias cried happily, her red arms suddenly turning blue. With a twirl and a smile, Latias smashed her arms against the damaged ground, sending blue ripples rapidly across the cracks. Houndoom didn’t even know what was happening when the ripples formed into a blue pool beneath him. There was a short blue flash, and suddenly a giant torrent of water shot out from the pool, blasting Houndoom wailing into the sky. Gold gasped as the powerful burst of water nearly blasted him backwards, and watched as Houndoom was sent soaring.

“HOOOOOOOOUUUUUUN!” He wailed, struggling to free himself from the grasps of the powerful current. However, after being blasted almost twenty metres into the sky, the Waterfall glowed blue and disintegrated, turning into a series of bubbles that popped away. But Houndoom wasn’t at relief though: he let out another howl as he began to fall back to Earth, moving at uncontrollable speeds.

“Don’t let this stop you!” Gold shouted furiously. “Initiate Heat Wave, go!” Kris frowned at this command: Houndoom was clearly in pain and not enjoying what was going on, but Gold still expected the attack to be performed! She wasn’t sure why Gold was being so cruel today, but she wanted to find out.

“Houn…. Houn…. DOOOOM!” Houndoom cried as he tried to get himself sorted out. He opened his mouth wide, sending out a fiery shock wave that came shooting down towards Latias. Kris could feel its heat before it even got close, and she knew that it was going to be a powerful attack.

“Lati Lat!” Latias said calmly, and she turned and spun out of the way. The Heat Wave struck the ground, its powerful heat nearly knocking both Kris and Gold backwards as the temperature around them increased dramatically. Latias flew away from the scene, smiling as she went up past a distressed looking Houndoom.

“Crap!” Gold growled as Houndoom landed with a loud thud, causing the unstable earth to shake and obliterating the Heat Wave. A cloud of dust rose up around him, and it took several moments for it to descend. During this time Gold cursed under his breath: he hoped to show Kris up in the first move, but clearly that hadn’t gone to plan. If he was going to defeat Latias, he would need to try and counter her ballerina-style moves.

“Latias Tiiiiaaaas!” Latias called and hovered around them all, blowing the dust cloud away. Houndoom had landed exactly in Larvitar’s crater, and winced in pain as he got out of it.

“Fire a quick Flamethrower!” Gold barked as soon as Houndoom was standing up properly. Latias came to a spinning stop at this point and turned towards Kris, waiting for her next move. Kris was pleased at how eager and responsive Latias was. She had adapted to her much more quickly than other legendaries: Kris wasn’t sure why, but she was happy with it all the same.

“Counter with DragonBreath!” Kris boomed. Latias nodded and turned around instantly, just as Houndoom opened his mouth wide, baring his teeth as fire began to rise up inside of him. Latias gave a girlish giggle and opened her mouth as wide: however, instead of charging up, a torrent of golden purple flames shot out. Gold’s jaw dropped in horror at the speed of the move, and even Kris was a little taken aback.

“Dooooom!” Houndoom cried quickly, a look of pure terror across his face. He unleashed his Flamethrower, releasing a fiery jet, but it was too late: the blazing DragonBreath pushed his flames aside, and the attack quickly engulfed Houndoom. Everyone watched in shock as Houndoom was sent rolling backwards, still covered by the Dragon attack. Gold leapt backwards to avoid getting hit, purple and gold sparks fluttering around in front of his face.

“Laaaaaaaat!” Latias said and closed her mouth, causing the DragonBreath to explode into dust. Kris and Gold both coughed and waved their hands to eliminate the particles and then stared towards the field. They were both expecting Houndoom to have fainted due to the intensity of the attack, and for a second it appeared the Dark Pokemon had fainted: Houndoom was lying on the ground, no part of his body moving, his eyes shut.

“Hooooouuuuuu….” A low grumble came out of Houndoom’s mouth, and Gold’s face returned to a neutral look as the demonic dog twitched and began moving, going from lying to a sitting position. Kris stared closer at Houndoom as he struggled to get up: there weren’t any visible wounds on his body, yet he seemed to be in intense pain.

“Latias Lat Lat!” Kris turned to see Latias was now by her side, winking and tapping her nose in a mysterious manner. Kris tried not to laugh at the silly face she was pulling, and Kris was left feeling rather confused. But an agitated grunt sounded nearby and Kris turned around: Houndoom was now standing up, looking fairly determined, but electricity was crackling off from his body.

“He’s paralysed!” Kris gasped: she had forgotten that the golden particles packed a paralytic punch. Houndoom would now both be slower and incapable of unleashing half of his moves, meaning Kris and Latias now had a huge advantage against despite his type immunity.

“Nice work!” Kris said to Latias, and she gave her a hug around her furry red middle. Latias just smiled and returned the hug, wrapping her arms tightly around Kris. The trainer felt the sudden rise she had felt earlier when holding the Ultra Ball flowing back through her: it was almost like she had fallen into a nice hot bath. Once again, Kris was feeling relaxed… happy… empowered… Latias’ calm nature was making her calm too… it was almost as if they weren’t in the middle of a battle…

“DAMNIT!” Gold roared, angrily kicking a rock onto the field. Kris’ delight was instantly shattered as the roar broke through the silence. Skarmory took off into the sky in fright, and Meganium, Miltank and Magcargo exchanged nervous looks.

“SHIT SHIT SHIIIIIIIT!” Gold screamed, his face twisted up in his rage as he stomped furiously on the uneasy ground. Houndoom hung his head in shame, his usual snarl turning into a frown. Kris was absolutely horrified: she had Gold get angry, but this was so unexpected! She had never seen a trainer get this bad! She felt the grip around her body loosen and turned around as Latias let go and floated into the sky.

“Lati Lat!” The Eon Pokemon growled: her usual smile and cheery face was gone, replaced with a look of pure loathing, her eyes burning with rage as Latias looked down at Gold. Kris was gobsmacked by this as well, having never seen Latias look so furious. Her fists were clenched and she looked ready to strike as she gradually moved higher and higher into the sky. But the person she was staring at barely even noticed her.

“This battle wasn’t meant to go this way!” Gold fumed. His face had gone red and his fists were clenched as well. “I’ve put three weeks of training for this and you just come along and ruin everything!” Kris’ shock turned into rage at this point, and she couldn’t help but ball her fists up as well, and was doing her best not to run forwards and start punching him. Gold was past being a moody, stuck up rich kid: his actions were making him look like a deranged loony.

“Use Dark Pulse, if you can!” Gold snarled, looking purely enraged. Houndoom put a paw forwards slowly, and then tried to open his mouth, keeping his eyes stuck purely on Latias. However, Kris suddenly noticed something that lessened her fiery rage: Houndoom was crying. A solitary tear was moving down his face as he pained to get ready for the attack. The tear felt like a stab in the stomach for Kris: how was she going to attack this Pokemon when it was crying, in pain both physically and obviously emotionally. This was painful for her to watch, and she felt her own tears rising up inside of her.

“LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!” A war cry echoed from overhead, and Kris only had a second to react before a white and red blur that was Latias shot down from the sky. The Eon Pokemon hit the ground so hard that the shockwave nearly blasted Kris off her feet. A second later the whole field shook as blue ripples moved through the field. Kris wanted to cry out and stop her, not wanting Houndoom to get hit. The Dark Pokemon stood there looking frightened, not bothering to initiate the Dark Pulse as the ripples formed underneath.

“Oh god…” Kris said, shutting her eyes in terror. The Waterfall exploded out from the ground, nearly obliterating the field. Houndoom let out a grunt as he was barely struck by it, being only flipped over and sent somersaulting across the pitch. Gold cried out and jumped backwards as the Waterfall almost engulfed him, but still managed to completely spray him with water.

“WHAT THE HELL!” He shrieked as he looked down at his soaking clothes and wiped water out of his face. Latias smiled and clicked her fingers: the Waterfall exploded into a shower of bubbles, revealing the soaking Gold to everyone. Kris stared at Gold as she slowly opened her eyes and almost completely forgot her sanity as she let out a loud, booming laugh.

“Oh my god, you should see your face!” Kris snorted, not bothering to control herself. Gold just glared back at her through his sopping hair as it hang over his face. Miltank let out a loud moo of laughter, while Meganium and Magcargo sniggered quietly to each other. Gold whipped around angrily as Skarmory quickly stifled an amused squawk.

“Oh yes, let’s all laugh at Gold!” He hissed furiously. “HA HA HA!” An awkward silence fell across them all, with Meganium taking a cautious step backwards. Gold looked explosive, and no one really wanted to get too be near him. “I’ll get my revenge though! I can still easily crush you all! Houndoom, use that Dark Pulse!” Gold shouted dramatically, pointing his finger towards Latias and grinning broadly.

Nothing happened.

Gold lowered his arm slowly, his look of happiness fading. Everyone looked down, following his eyesight, and focused upon Houndoom. The Dark Pokemon seemed to have taken more damage from the Waterfall than they thought: he had fainted, lying in the middle of the crater. Latias gave a slight smile and a nod and folded her arms importantly, giving Gold a smug look. Kris looked cautiously up at Gold: she wasn’t quite sure how he would take it, but she knew it wouldn’t be pretty.

“GAAAAAAAAAAAH!” Gold screamed, and leapt up and down in anger. “FOR GODS SAKE, I DIDN’T EVEN LAND A SINGLE BLOODY MOVE!” He roared and angrily threw Houndoom’s PokeBall at him. It hit him with such force that it rebounded instead of drawing him back in, but Gold hardly noticed. He pulled an Ultra Ball out and clutched it in his shaking hands, his face twisted up like an angry Ursaring.

“Why don’t you just defeat Larvitar as well, give yourself a perfect score!” Gold hissed and threw the Ultra Ball as well. Kris couldn’t believe the outburst as Larvitar formed alongside the unconscious Houndoom. The Rock Skin Pokemon looked around nervously, startled to see Latias there, but more surprised to see the fainted Houndoom alongside. Skarmory’s eyes bulged at the sight of this, and was tempted

“Gold, just stop, this is enough!” Kris shouted. She couldn’t sit back anymore: Gold was just being abusive to his Pokemon, and she couldn’t stand back any more. “Just leave your Pokemon alone!”

“Why should I?” Gold snapped back, his entire body shaking with rage now. “If they can’t defeat you, why should I bother keeping them?” He glared separately at Skarmory and Larvitar, his face making his thoughts very clear: Kris needs to lose, or they go.

“Why are you focusing all your training on me?” Kris snapped back. “I don’t want to be the focus of your travels! You should be thinking of the gym leaders, or the Elite Four, or something like that!” Gold froze at this point, and Kris knew she had struck a chord. He stopped shaking, his face began to relax, being replaced with a more curious expression that Kris knew meant he was thinking about something seriously, but she wasn’t sure what…

“Don’t try and change this!” Gold hissed back, still looking a bit confused. “You just want to distract me so you can try and escape the battle! You can’t defeat me now, can you!” And Gold began to laugh, sounding slightly like a madman that caused Kris’ Pokemon and even Skarmory to move backwards in fright. “I’ve won, haven’t I? I’ve won, YES YES YES!”

“You haven’t won anything Gold!” Kris shouted in a scared voice, not feeling right around Gold at the present time. “What is wrong with you, just tell me!”

“You have to defeat me first!” Gold chanted and grinning in a sadistic way.

“Gold, please just-”

“DEFEAT ME!” Gold roared, causing Larvitar to jump.

“LAAAAAAT!”

Everyone fell silent as the field turned blue. Latias moved forwards onto the field, her fiery, angry expression back across her face. The two triangular shapes on her body glowed blue as pink energy began to form between her arms. It looked like she was holding rose coloured fog, but it looked more solid and was swirling around in a dangerous manner. Kris knew what this was: she knew it was an extremely
    powerful move, but she had never seen Latias knew it yet…

“Mist Ball….” Kris whispered, and she stared into it as if hypnotized, and she knew every other eye in the area was upon it as well. Latias gave a slight smirk, but the fiery look remained in her eyes.

“LAAAAAAAAAAT!” She roared and angrily threw the ball. It flew straight over Larvitar’s head, causing the Rock-Ground type to dive out of the way in fright, and shot right towards Gold. He didn’t react though: he didn’t move, he didn’t blink, he just stood there, staring at it with wide eyes of horror. Gold just stood there as the Mist Ball zoomed right up to him and struck him, directly in the chest.

It was like a bomb went off.

Kris screamed as a wave of pink erupted from the ball, replacing the blue with a wall of lilac. It sent Gold spiralling backwards like he was a piece of paper caught in the wind, and then blasted Skarmory, Larvitar and Houndoom across as well. Kris covered her arms and collapsed to her knees, wanting to protect herself from the blast that was getting nearer and nearer.

But nothing happened.

Kris opened her eyes cautiously, wondering what was going on. She could feel something was over her, and she knew it would be the shock wave, but she couldn’t feel anything. Slowly, Kris moved her arms back to her sides and stood up, staring around her in shock: she was standing in what seemed to be a field of pink fog. All Kris could see was pink, the mist completely covering everything else. It was like Kris had been transported, sent to a whole other universe.

Interesting, isn’t it?

“Aaaah!” Kris gasped and turned around in fright, the feminine voice sounding quite close to her. However, all she could see was Latias: it seemed the Eon Pokemon was in this new world as well. But Kris couldn’t see anyone else here that could have spoken… unless…
    That’s right, I can talk here. Latias said without moving her lips. Kris’ jaw would have dropped if it hadn’t already, but by now her cheekbones were beginning to hurt. Latias gave a small giggle at this and looked around at the pink surroundings. Kris looked around as well, very confused.

“Where are we?” Kris asked, reaching out to touch some of the pink mist, but it swirled away before she could touch it. Latias simply giggled again and twirled around so she was in front of Kris, staring into her eyes with her own big brown pupils.

I’m not going to tell you that one yet. She said. I brought you here though for a reason. I want to be able to talk to you while I have the chance. She was staring deeply into Kris’ eyes, making her feel a bit uneasy. She had no idea what was going on, but figured she would listen to what Latias had to say.

I am able to dot his when I create my Mist Balls, but it takes a lot of my energy out when I do it. Latias explained, I had a feeling you were waiting for some big battle, so I saved my energy up in case you needed that extra boost. I usually need calm, relaxed environments in order to perform it, tapping into my softer demeanour.

“What was calm or relaxed about this battle?” Kris asked, now even more confused. “Gold was acting purely… vile! I felt so bad for all of his Pokemon, even Skarmory: he was just being so nasty to all of them for no reason!” Latias nodded, and her eyes seemed to change. Kris swore that they seemed to be swimming with a mixture of sadness and rage.

I try not to use Mist Ball in those situations: it is really not good for me. But… there is just something about Gold. I couldn’t control myself. The way he was acting was just… despicable. I have never seen anything like it, and I needed to strike. I couldn’t let him get away with it!

“Yeah, tell me about it!” Kris smirked, rolling her eyes. But she was startled when Latias gave her a soft whack, completely startling her. The Eon Pokemon was now definitely angry and was staring at Kris with a very serious expression.

That’s what I wanted to talk to you about! Gold is too much trouble, and he is just causing you too much emotional stress. It isn’t healthy for you, and I don’t think you should be spending so much time battling him! You should focus on something else: find a new foe that could be better for you to battle. Latias’ eyes were beginning to decrease as she spoke, talking faster and sounding more and more stressed. Kris noticed she was beginning to descend, the pink mist around them beginning to disperse as well.

“Latias, are you alright?” Kris asked cautiously.

Remember… don’t worry… about Gold… need… new … rival… Latias replied, taking deep breaths in between her words, before shutting her eyes and keeling backwards. Before Kris could react though, there was a bright flash around her, almost blinding her, and the pink mist around them suddenly dispersed.

Kris found herself back in Mahogany Town. It was eerily quiet, almost as if a horrible natural disaster had just occurred. Latias was lying on the ground in front of Kris, her eyes half closed and her limbs sprawled: it was like she had fallen asleep more than fainted, but it was still a very odd sight.

“This day is too odd.” Kris sighed, collapsing to her knees and onto the ground. She looked up, expecting Gold to be right in front of her with some nasty quip. But he wasn’t there. None of his Pokemon was there either, and than Kris noticed something else: the crater had healed itself! The ground was back to being smooth and flat, not a single crack in the area. Kris wheeled around, highly confused, and was startled to see the glass in the cottages had fixed themselves as well.

“Yep, too bloody odd…” Kris mumbled. She saw Meganium was lying on the ground, nearly crushing Magcargo with her long neck whilst Miltank was slumped on a building. They had all fainted, and Kris guessed the Mist Ball blast had been too strong for them. She pulled her four varying PokeBalls out, bringing the three back with a soft sigh.

“Sorry guys, but thanks for cheering us on.” Kris whispered, and quickly put them away. She then turned towards Latias, her Master Ball resting in her hand. The things she had said only a few moments ago were spinning around in her mind. Was she focusing too much on Gold? Should Kris be thinking about something else, like putting more focus onto her Elite Four dreams? Kris wasn’t sure what to do now: she had spent so much of her time lately focused on Gold, thinking about something else seemed foreign.

“I’ll think about it, don’t worry, but change is going to be hard.” Kris whispered aloud, more to herself than Latias, and pressed the button to bring her back. She paused for a moment, mulling things over as the warning pressed down on her mind. Than, letting out another sigh, Kris turned and headed towards the Pokemon Center.
    No matter what she ended up doing, it seemed things were going to have to change for her…

But not for Gold.

Gold stood on top of cottage, watching Kris as he walked away. He was still soaking wet from the blast, and the force of the Mist Ball had blasted his shirt open. The wind was bitter due to this combination, and even Skarmory, who had carried him up here and was now standing alongside, was shivering slightly.

But Gold didn’t care.

He was smiling triumphantly at how the battle had ended. He had realised halfway through that things were going badly for him, but he knew Kris well enough to know she was too much of a decent person. He wasn’t really losing his mind: it was all just an act. He didn’t want to leave the two of them with another booming row, but he wanted to have the cards in his court next time they battled. Gold wanted Kris to feel awkward, to make her think he was losing the plot, hoping it would play in his favour next time. If she felt bad about battling him, it could mean an easy win for Gold.

However, he knew that wasn’t all he needed to do. Gold needed to defeat Kris again, no matter what cost. It seemed his training hadn’t been enough this round, but he know knew all the Pokemon she currently had: Gold wasn’t planning on getting any new team mates, so he highly doubted Kris would either. He needed to focus on training them all up even harder, attempting some new strategies and doing his best to make sure she would lose next time. He needed a fully evolved team, he needed the strongest moves possible, he needed to be able to put his name on the map. Gold knew that Kris and Latias had had some weird moment after the Mist Ball had exploded, as the two of them had glowed pink, surrounding by some strange fog-like substance, though allowing a perfect getaway. But he wouldn’t get those every time: next time, he would definitely have to defeat all her Pokemon.

“Come on Skarmory, it’s getting too cold here.” Gold said, determined thoughts resting in his mind. Skarmory nodded, struggling to hold back her own feelings of how the day had gone. But Gold didn’t notice them as he pulled a fresh jacket out of his bag and climbed onto Skarmory. He could see Kris walking into the Pokemon Center as they took off into the sky, and Gold near there was one thing he had to guarantee.

He had to crush Kris.

Yes.... I'm not sure if I ended it in the best way. However, I'd really appreciate your feedback :) Did it end well, did the characters come across alright, do you look Latias so far? I'd really like to know :D

But for next time...

EPISODE 12:
    As Latias fails to recover from her bad-tempered action, Kris ventures to the Dragons Den in order to get answers. But in order to get to the sacred building, she finds herself competing against Gold and three other trainers in an orienteering-styled contest. Which of the two will come on top and claim the prize, and will they be able to survive a mysterious trainer who makes Gold look like a saint?

(For further reading, I'd recommend reading Left Behind, a story I wrote for the URPG. The two characters from that story will appear in the next chapter, but they aren't the mysterious other trainer ;))

Blog Entries

Hmmm.... A trainer who makes Gold look like a bloody saint?! I'm starting to worry. I can see where this is going.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

I was hoping people would have a chance of guessing who it is :P

Banana eating Gengar GengarEatBanana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Good battle scene, but I don't know whether Gold being abusive to Houndoom was part of his act or actually him.

Remember before you said that Latias wouldn't be overpowered? I think it's just a bit overpowered.

Great chapter though, I want to know who is the mysterious person. Thanks
    White FC: 2237-0577-3400
    Bulbagarden PO Server!
    P.World | N.World

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Glad you liked it. And we'll all find out ;)

Mist Ball is meant to be overpowered, and like Latias said, she has to charge up in order to use it.

◓Gypsy Vanner Horse Kyuuketsuki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That part was a little odd.

Everything seemed to shift towards the end, and it seemed a bit forced to me. I don't really have much else to say, so it's not a review of the chapter as much as it is mere feedback.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Yes, I didn't like this chapter/story/episode very much myself. I didn't really have my ideas that clear for this one, and I apologised for how badly it turned out. Hopefully the final four stories will be an improvement

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast