Kris vs Gold: A Tale of War - Snow - Page 10

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Kris vs Gold: A Tale of War - Snow

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Kris vs Gold: A Tale of War

We do learn a bit more about him in a two-part story near the end called "Homecoming", where Kris and Gold travel through New Bark Town on their way to the league. In that same story, we meet Harold and Henrietta Hartley, several old characters, and learn more about Gold and his family, Persephone and Hayden. But, after the next two stories, that story will take a backseat

^^^^ The GalacticVerse Bibliography (Thanks to Blazaking for Banner) ^^^^

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AceTrainer14 View Post
    We do learn a bit more about him in a two-part story near the end called "Homecoming", where Kris and Gold travel through New Bark Town on their way to the league. In that same story, we meet Harold and Henrietta Hartley, several old characters, and learn more about Gold and his family, Persephone and Hayden. But, after the next two stories, that story will take a backseat
    Well, anyhow, can't wait for the next chapter!

Made by Blue Dragon!

Trophies
    Blog Entries

I'm glad your looking forward to it. But I'm afraid it won't be for a while: I have exams coming up, and I want to work on Galactic as well.

Blog Entries

Follow Ebail on Tumblr

I don't care how many times you say he is bad and is suppose to be hated, I prefer Gold so much more than Kris in this story. But anyway I'll stop myself from talking about how awesome Gold is. I feel you did very good with this chapter, especially the battle. I find it pretty cool and a good idea that you had Gold use 2 Steel mons in front of 2 people known for using Steel mons. And the battle overall was very interesting. I'm glad to see you working so hard on this. Keep up the good work
    3DS FC: 1134-7255-2841 - White2 FC: 1765-1583-4731
    Some sort of blog about me - Fanclub

Trophies
    Blog Entries

The villian can sometimes be seen as being the best character (e.g. Sue Sylvester in Glee), so I can understand why you guys like him (probably cause your male as well :P). Imagine him as Draco Malfoy: acts like a douche most of the time, but can never really man up when it counts. We'll see more of this side of Gold in the formentioned 2-part story in New Bark Town.

And it was more of a coincidence that he ended up using two steel types :P But Steven does make more appearances, to help Kris deal with steel types. But Skarmory's main role is going to be as a reminder of her father

Yay Gold wins again!

I like Flame Battler's idea of a chapter from Gold's perspective, it could be a good contrast to the Kris parts! But on to the story.

Haha, Gold's reaction to the Metal Coat was great! Maybe he had a psychic vision where he saw Kris getting the Enigma Stone... Ah well. The Enigma Stone was a nice touch (but how come it only came to me once I turned it into the Soul Dew? Not fair!) and I look forwards to Kris catching Latios/Latias - now which version is she playing? :P

The final bits of the battle were pretty cool (but don't forget that Flaaffy has two fs). I KNEW it had to be a flying Pokémon!

Ooh, I can't wait!
    NikNak3000's Fanfic Collection

Thumbnails by Instrutilus

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Thanks for your feedback :D In the story after the next the opening will be written in Gold's perspective, and we see some of his flashbacks as well in a later story.
    I try to make everything Gold says either snobbish, nasty or memorable :P I'm not going to reveal which Lati Kris will get, but you will find out, down't worry ;) And I know about the two F's now :D

Blog Entries

I wonder which one will show up, Latios or Latias, personally I like Latios but I think Kris could handle either! XD
    R.I.P my beloved dog Lisa

Insanity is normal, whats weird is those who are still sane
    White FC: 1162 9053 3913 Black FC: 2150 7869 1755

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Don't worry, you will find out ;)

Trophies
    Blog Entries

That's right, after a very long delay, Kris vs Gold is back! :D This part is certainly one for you Red vs Leaf fans, and I hope that this story has been worth the wait. So, enjoy!

“Hanoko, hurry up!”

“Wait up deary, I’m going as fast as I can!”

The sun was shining down gloriously once again on Olivine City. It was Sunday, Market Day, and all across the coastal city people were marching through the cobbled streets, looking through different stalls and stands, hoping to get a bargain on whatever merchandise was being sold. The streets were jammed full of people, and more people were arriving by the S.S. Aqua to take part in this weekly tradition.

But while the streets were full to bursting with people, the beach next to the city was bare. The golden expanse had no people on it, as people weren’t allowed to sell things here during the Market. There was a cool breeze today, with the light blue waves splashing gently up against the shore. Coastal cliffs rose up all around, but there were breaks in them for the entrance to Olivine and a large gatehouse with BATTLE FRONTEIR above it in bold letters. It was clearly a quiet, quaint little beach, a small little getaway for the residents of Olivine…

Until now.

“We need to get a move on Hanoko, come on!”

Kris Soul was feeling particularly impatient today. The twelve year old had rediscovered her happiness after her battle against Gold yesterday: despite having lost for the second time in a row, Kris had received a reward unlike any other. She pulled the Enigma Crystal out of her pocket, staring at the Soul Dew as it shined mysteriously in the sunlight. Kris didn’t know which legendary Pokemon the item had unleashed, but she was desperate to find out. A small ferry to Canalave City was arriving in an hour, and she and Hanoko would be boarding it after some light training.

Hanoko was trailing behind Kris, moving as fast as her bad knees and walking stick would allow her. The elderly lady was enjoying spending time for with her granddaughter, even if it did meaning moving more than normal. Leafeon and Glaceon, as always, were by her side, and the two were beginning to feel a bit more active, a bit younger as well.

“I don’t think this sand is going to support me!” Hanoko chuckled. She waddled over towards some rocks, flopping down and putting her right leg up. Kris sighed and ran, putting the crystal carefully back in her bag.

“Come on grandma, I really want to train!” Kris moaned. “We have an hour to kill, and I don’t want to spend it sitting down!” Hanoko just smiled and patted the rock, signalling for Kris to sit down. The pre-teen groaned and reluctantly sat down, staring out at the waters.

There were distant shouts coming from the market, but otherwise the beach was peaceful. Kris actually began to relax as she stared at the waves, crashing spectacularly against the rocks. Grey clouds were moving towards them, so the two focused on the glowing parts of the water: picture perfect blue, with a happy pod of Wailmer bouncing around on the oceans surface.

“I love going to the beach.” Hanoko explained quietly. “I would always bring your aunts to beaches like this: secluded, peaceful, where you could just relax and have fun. But that became harder over time, as secluded spots became targets for building new attractions!” Hanoko scoffed, and she spat on the beach in disgust, with Glaceon and Leafeon nodding.

“Oh, that sucks.” Kris replied, and she stared behind them. The distant top of a large tower could be seen over the cliffs and trees. “Like this Battle Frontier place?” Hanoko nodded, a nasty look on her face.

“This used to be one of my favourite places to take the girls, but they ruined it when the local council allowed this Pokemon League rip-off to be put up.” She explained angrily. “Battle Frontiers are noisy and a waste of space, and they ruin the atmosphere of the areas they pop up in!” Kris decided not to pursue the issue any longer, and went back to staring at the majestic ocean. But her peace and serenity only lasted a few minutes before a loud male voice suddenly filled the area.

“Come on, all I need is about five, maybe ten minutes, just to try convincing him!” The shrill voice was saying. Kris turned over towards the gatehouse, where a men was walking backwards out of it. His appearance was so strange that Kris couldn’t look away, and she and Hanoko examined him. His brown hair was strangely gelled up at front, resembling a weird cowlick. He was wearing a pure purple suit: purple jacket and purple pants, topped off with white shoes, sleeves and gloves. A white cape was tied around his neck with a red bow tie, and Kris couldn’t help but think of a gay magician.

“Please, I’m begging you!” The man wailed, dancing around another figure leaving the gatehouse. It was clearly a woman by the curve in her chest, but she was doing well to disguise herself: a long red dress with a turquoise jacket on top, thick sunglasses and her brown hair tucked up inside a white hat.

“Noisy little brats, won’t they just hurry up and go away!” Hanoko hissed, and glared angrily at them. But Kris felt something come over her: the woman seemed very familiar, even though she wasn’t sure what from.

“Eusine, would you just shut up for five minutes?” The girl snapped, and strung her red bag over her shoulders. “I haven’t even told the Pokemon League where he is, so I’m sure as hell not telling you!” The man called Eusine huffed, and he followed after the girl, both unaware of Kris and Hanoko.

“Fine, if you won’t take me to Suicune, will you at least let me see Raikou?” The girl turned around angrily and raised her fists, making the man cower. “Sorry Leaf, please don’t hit me!”

“Wait a minute….” Kris mumbled, thoughts rushing through: Suicune, Raikou, Pokemon League, Leaf… “OH MY GOD, IT’S LEAF OAK!” Hanoko nearly fell of the rock in shock as Kris screamed loudly. Eusine and the girl turned around, and Kris leapt up, screaming loudly. The twelve year old could still clearly remember the battle she’d say before she went on her journey: her idol Leaf Oak battling rival Red Lowe on a beach in the Sevii Islands, their Suicune and Raikou’s powerful battle causing a storm across the entire district. Red and Leaf had begun dating afterwards, but apparently Red had since disappeared, with no trace of him left behind.

But their personal lives were of no concern to Kris: she was just over the moon about Leaf being there. Kris was nearly in hysterics as she approached a curious Leaf, who was slowly and nervously taking her glasses off.

“Do I know you?” Leaf asked, looking down at her. Kris blushed at being spoken too, and Hanoko rolled her eyes as she got up.
    “My name’s Kris, Kris Soul, and I’m a huuuuge fan of yours!” She explained quickly. Leaf smiled and laughed, quickly walking forwards before the Eusine man could start talking again.

“I’ve heard about you, Professor Elm mentioned his talented new trainer when I popped into his lab.” She said, and Kris almost fainted in shock: she did go speechless go, and looked wide eyed and happily at Hanoko, who introduced herself to Leaf.

“These fan-idol moments are lovely in all, but we have some important stuff to discuss.” Eusine said, cutting in. Leaf twirled around and stared directly at the pompous man, making him cower.

“Beat it Eugene, I don’t have time for you now!” Leaf hissed. Eusine opened his mouth to reply, but Leaf whipped out a jet black can from her bag, and Eusine squealed and fell over. Kris and Hanoko began laughing, and Eusine simply huffed and tried brushing the sand off.

“So, have you just battled Jasmine?” Leaf asked.

“I was going to, but than I lost a battle too this annoying guy called Gold,” Kris explained. “so we’re heading to Canalave City first.”

“Tell the lovely girl about your legendary!” Hanoko said, giving Kris an affectionate jab with her walking stick. Leaf looked surprised, but Eusine made a strange noise that sounded like a gasp and a squeal. Kris fought back laughter and reached into her bag, pulling out the glowing Enigma Crystal. Leaf stared at in awe, sidestepping so that Eusine couldn’t get to it.

“This is… amazing!” Leaf gasped, and reached out to touch it, but quickly withdrew her hand. “You must be an amazing trainer!” Kris blushed again as she put it away, her cheeks going bright red.

“Well, I wouldn’t say I’m amazing.” She mumbled, but Hanoko sighed loudly.

“She is an excellent trainer, one of the best battlers I’ve ever seen!” The grandmother boomed, and Kris couldn’t help but blush more. Leaf looked thoroughly impressed, and quickly checked the silver watch on her left wrist.

“I have some time before I’m meeting with the Frontier Brains, how about a battle?” She asked. Kris’ jaw dropped to nearly below her neck, and her eyes stuck out like they were on springs. She began jabbering in nonsense, looking between Leaf and Hanoko in absolute shock. Leaf simply laughed and pulled a PokeBall out.

“I’m taking that as a yes.” She chuckled. “We’ll make it a five on five, that cool with you?” Kris simply squealed and nodded, randomly hugging Hanoko. “Great, I love battling people, and you seem like you’ll be a really good opponent.” Kris just yelped and rushed over to her spot.

“Good luck!” Hanoko whispered, and she headed back to the rock, where Eusine was now leaning, much to Leafeon and Glaceon’s displeasure.

“Let’s get this going then!” Leaf said, throwing her bag and sunglasses into the sand. Kris knew about her last beach battle, and wondered how dramatic their on was going to be. But Kris pushed all other thoughts of her head: she had to focus on this battle, and do her best to prove herself to her idol.

“I’ll send first Kris, to give you a slight advantage.” Leaf explained. “But I really want you to put your all into it, and then we can see if you truly deserve that legendary.”
    Last edited by AceTrainer14; 14th February 2011 at 10:27 PM.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Kris just nodded, and Leaf smiled widely. “Alright then old friend, I’ll start with you!” And she kissed her PokeBall before throwing it into the sky. There was a dazzling flash of light, and the energy formed into a large, graceful looking bird: it was different shades of brown, with long wings and a multi coloured plumage.

“It’s Pidgeot!” Kris gasped. The magnificent bird flew overhead, calling softly towards them all. Kris wasn’t sure which Pokemon to send out first: several of her Pokemon could do a good enough job against the powerful bird. But she grabbed one PokeBall, containing the Pokemon she hoped could do it.

“Go Magcargo!” Kris shouted, and threw the ball onto the field. It burst open, and the energy spiralled onto the ground, forming into Slugma’s evolved form. Magcargo looked like a bigger version of Slugma, but with a steely grey shell on his back, glowing red hot from his intense body heast. Pidgeot stopped moving and stared down at him.

“Nice choice, but even rocks won’t save you!” Leaf announced.

“We’ll see.” Kris said with a wink, and Leaf laughed. “Begin this with AncientPower!”

“Fly away, my pretty!” Leaf said. Pidgeot dived down, glorious white energy swirling around her. Magcargo smiled as Pidgeot closer, and his shell suddenly glowed brown. The sand around her rose up, forming large, glowing rocks.

“MAG!” He shouted, and the rocks began moving towards Pidgeot. The bird smiled and suddenly shot upwards, moving at alarming speeds. Sand was sent gushing, blinding Magcargo, and the AncientPower failed: Pidgeot had flown out of reach.

“Nice trick!” Kris huffed. “But let’s see how you like my Flamethrower!” Leaf simply shrugged, and they all looked at the sky. There was a white flash, and more wind came whooshing down as Pidgeot soared out of the sky. She was covered with lilac energy, a similar colour to the flames that had engulfed Skarmory’s body yesterday.

“Now!” Kris shouted, as Pidgeot got even closer. Magcargo nodded, and he raised his lava-like head upwards. A large jet of red, yellow and orange fire was sent upwards, twirling around towards the flying type. At the last second, just before the attacks hit, Pidgeot twirled, allowing the attack to bypass her. Kris gasped and could only watch as Pidgeot was able to finish her attack, smacking into Magcargo and blasting him towards the waters.

“Mag Gooo!” Magcargo wailed, managing to control himself only seconds before falling into the ocean. The waves were getting a bit more violent as the storm clouds moved closer, and Kris was anxious: how could a Fire-Rock type fight in a flooded field?

“Magcargo, move away from there while using Recover!” She shouted.
    “Recovery moves won’t save you!” Leaf boomed. “Go down low and use Twister!” Magcargo moved as fast as possible, his shell glowing white as he slid across the sand. He looked happier as his whole body glowed red as well, signalling he was fully recharged. Kris smiled down at him, but then there was a loud squawk: Pidgeot had tucked in her wings and was diving low to the ground.

“What’s she doing, Pidgeot will just crash.” Kris whispered, and Magcargo nodded. Pidgeot turned her to raise her body up, preventing a head-on crash, but hitting the beach still seemed likely. Pidgeot simply smiled and began rotating: dark blue energy began swirling around her, spinning rapidly around like a spinning top. Soon Pidgeot was completely covered with the energy, and sand began to get absorbed into it as well.

“PIDGEEEE!” She screamed, and the Twister suddenly grew: Magcargo was sucked inside by the powerful force, and Kris struggled to stand properly as the attack acted like a vacuum cleaner. Magcargo wailed as the sand buffeted him, and he spun around as the sandy-blue Twister kept on spinning.

“Keep this Twister up!” Leaf bellowed. “How do you plan to get out of this Kris? Kris thought that this was a strange thing to ask an opponent, but than she realised: Leaf wasn’t just battling her, it was a test of her skill as well. Kris smiled at her genius, and looked at Magcargo spinning.

“Duck inside your shell and activate Flame Body, than use AncientPower!” Kris shouted at last. The Twister suddenly grew as Pidgeot began chirping loudly inside, forcing more Twister energy into the already powerful force. As more sand got sucked in, Magcargo ducked inside his shell, which was burning red hot, and then suddenly glowed brown. More sand-made rocks rose out of the ground, getting instantly sucked inside the powerful Twister. Kris felt the stress leave her as the Twister disintegrated, the wind turning to normal. Pidgeot was blasted out of her own Twister by the AncientPower, rising up through the falling sand.

“MAG!” Magcargo yelled, and he began to fall down without the Twister keeping him up. His hot body whacked into Pidgeot, and she let out a yelp: fire suddenly erupted around her from her beak, covering her entire body.

“Damnit, not a burn!” Leaf fumed, and Pidgeot and Magcargo both landed with a soft thud on the sand.

“How are you going to get out of this one?” Kris said with a smile, and she heard Hanoko cackle with laughter. Leaf simply laughed and looked at Pidgeot. The flying type looked back at her trail and nodded, then quickly shook some of the sand out.

“Alright than, use Double-Edge next!” Leaf instructed. Kris needed a way to stop Pidgeot’s ability to get to great heights, and to be able to move quickly.

“That’s it, try out your new Lava Plume!” She yelled. Magcargo smiled and nodded, and ducked back inside his shell. As Pidgeot dived forwards, white energy suddenly engulfing her, Magcargo was sent flying into the sky, a trail of dark red lava firing him up. His shell began spinning around, spewing more of the lava around. Eusine squealed and ducked to avoid some of it, and Pidgeot was forced to turn around to avoid some of it.

“Aim high and move quickly!” Leaf cried. Pidgeot nodded, and sped forwards into the sky at alarming speeds. Magcargo had produced as much lava as possible, and was slowly falling back to the ground. Pidgeot did a 180 degree turn and soared down, looking like a falling star.

“PIDGEEEEOOOOT!” She yelled, and smashed into Magcargo in the centre of his shell. Magcargo wailed as he was sent spinning like a flipped coin, soaring right over Kris and smashing into some rocks behind her.

“Oh my gosh, Magcargo!” Kris gasped, and rushed forwards. Magcargo was oozing out of his shell, his eyes shut and clearly unconscious. Pidgeot landed on the ground, the burn causing more injury to her.

“Good job.” Kris whispered, and quickly brought Magcargo back. She put his PokeBall away and then reached into her pocket: if Leaf had a flying type, she knew just how to counter. “Alright Flaafy, show them your stuff!” She shouted, and the ball onto the field. Rising out of the ball came the adorable pink Flaafy, who looked at Pidgeot happily.

“Flaaaa!” She said with a grin. Leaf simply smirked and pulled two PokeBalls out.

“You think I’ll fall for that?” She laughed, and Pidgeot turned into energy and was sucked away. “Ninetales, your turn!” Kris was annoyed about the switch, but than her jaw dropped in awe: Ninetales was the most beautiful Pokemon she had ever seen. It’s golden blonde coat seemed to be glowing even in the fading sunlight, and her luscious nine tales seemed to lead to a world of mystery.

“So pretty…” Kris mumbled, and even Flaafy looked entranced. “Pretty, but it must die! Brick Break to start off.” Flaafy nodded and ran forwards, her left arm glowing as she raised it up. Ninetales simply smiled as Flaafy whacked her on the head with the fighting attack, and simply blinked her beautiful eyelashes.

“Oh wow….” Kris gasped, as Flaafy looked stunned. “Umm, okay… fight fire with Fire Punch!” Leaf’s eyes flashed deviously, and Kris realised she must have made a mistake.

“Flamethrower, now!” She shouted.

“Use your fist to absorb the blow!” Kris yelled quickly. Ninetales opened her mouth, and a fiery jet was shot towards Flaafy from close distance. Flaafy baaed in pain, and raised her flaming left fist, trying to dim the pain.

“Anyone else smell roast lamb?” Eusine smirked. Hanoko looked at him with narrowed eyes, and than quickly whacked his shins with her stick. Kris and Leaf both sniggered, but quickly looked back at the game. Flaafy made a triumphant baaing sound and punched Ninetales in the jaw as the Flamethrower disappeared. However the attack one again didn’t do anything. Instead the flames rushed through Ninetales body, making her tales stand up.

“Flash Fire: it absorbs fire attacks and raises attack.” Leaf explained, and Kris’ jaw dropped. “I think an Energy Ball would help out now, don’t you think?”

“Flaafy, as your other attacks aren’t doing anything, use Charge!” Leaf shouted. Flaafy began glowing yellow, crackling with electricity. Ninetales smiled and stared at Flaafy as she charged, her expression as if she found this funny.

“Nine Nine.” She hissed, and opened her mouth wide. A ball of green energy blasted Flaafy backwards towards the ocean, but she managed to stop herself before she became fully submerged in the crashing waves.

“Thunderbolt now!” Kris shouted with a smile, knowing Ninetales would feel this.

“Flare Blitz!” Leaf boomed. Ninetales shook her entire body, and suddenly her fur had caught on fire. Kris had to shield her eyes from the sudden intense heat, but Leaf simply slipped her sunglasses on and smiled down at her suddenly flaming Pokemon.

“Flaaaaaf!” Flaaffy shouted, and she glowed yellow. However, instead of a powerful bolt of electricity coming out, single sparks were emitted, which didn’t go far. Kris gasped, especially when Flaafy suddenly collapsed onto her knees, looking very much in pain. Ninetales ran forwards, looking like a flaming bullet, straight towards Flaaffy.

“WAIT!” Kris shouted, but she was too late: Ninetales smashed into Flaafy with the power of a speeding truck. Flaafy shouted, the fire exploded, and Kris could only shield her eyes from the heat, wondering what was going wrong.

Fanfic Writer some colour no doubt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wow, just read the first 2 chapters, and i liked it!
    Grammtically sound, well capturing the battle style of the games with a few twists in there.
    I love how you have Kris and Golds characters as being opposites, one a spoilt rich kid, the other a hard working family type. I'll post up more as I read through!

Blog Entries

I'm going to go ahead and try a review.
    First up, one somewhat strange error I saw:
    A small ferry to Canalave City was arriving in an hour
    so we’re heading to Canalave City first
    I think it's Cianwood, not Canalave. If it is Canalave, that's gonna be a long boat trip

You know, I think throwing Leaf in there was a stroke of genius!
    Before I start ranting, when Leaf calles Eusine Eugene, was that intended?
    Anyhow, here goes. Kris is getting her backside handed to her, and the best of her is showing. She's really doing well now and I think that through this there could be a huge character improvement.
    When's Kris going to get the news about her dad?
    You've clearly done very well with this chapter, and the way you've expressed some of the ideas are simply genius!

Made by Blue Dragon!

Trophies
    Blog Entries

SCND: Thanks a lot! :D I don't get many people commneting as they read through, so I'm very happy you enjoyed the first two chapters (and hope you enjoy the other ones as well :P)
    FB: OMG! That's so stupid of me! :P I'll edit that in for the FanFiction.net versions, thanks ;) And yes, Leaf really hates Eusine, so it was intended, and she does it again later on. And I can't answer the last question just yet ;)

Trophies
    Blog Entries

The smoke soon cleared, with Ninetales having been blasted backwards by the force of the collision. However, Flaaffy wasn’t too be seen.

“Kris, Kris, what’s going on!” Hanoko was waddling up, looking highly concerned. Kris was just staring blankly at the water: where was Flaaffy, had she drowned? But her fears were put to rest as one of the waves crashed into the sand, tossing up a clearly unconscious Flaaffy.

“Oh my gosh!” Kris cried, and she rushed forwards. Flaaffy may have fainted, but she appeared to be shooting sparks, and as Kris got down to touch her, an electric shock nearly blasted her
    backwards. “Something’s wrong with her electricity abilities!”

“Maybe this has to do with what happened yesterday.” Hanoko mumbled. Kris looked down at the poor Flaafy and realised it was the most logical idea. Flaaffy had produced a very large amount of electricity yesterday while battling Gold, and Kris had been concerned about how powerful that attack had been. Maybe Flaaffy would just need some time to recollect all of her electrical energy?

“Good job Flaaffy.” Kris said with a smile, and quickly brought her Flaaffy back. Ninetales had walked back to Leaf while Kris had been thinking, and the strut she’d had a minute ago had gone: the fiery fox was annoyed, and Kris could use that to her advantage.

“I’d give you good luck, but I think I’ll need it to pur up with that man.” Hanoko mumbled, and the two looked over at the rocks: Glaceon and Leafeon were growling angrily at Eusine as sat in the spot Hanoko was in. Kris laughed and watched her grandmother move back towards the rock, deciding which Pokemon to use.

“Have you decided yet?” Leaf called. She was stroking Ninetales, who was still giving Kris the evils. Kris needed a way to counter fire, and she had only one good move to do that.

“I think I know who to us!” She yelled, and pulled an Ultra Ball out. “Go Miltank!” The ball spiralled through the air, bursting open with yellow light and energy. Golden, twinkling stars encircled the energy as it formed, morphing into the shiny Miltank. Leaf was surprised to see a shiny, but smiled at the fresh challenge.

“MIIIIILTAAA!” Miltank mooed, and planted herself firmly on the ground.

“Alright Miltank, we’re starting this off with Water Pulse!” Kris yelled. Leaf gasped and whipped some PokeBalls out.

“Ninetales return, and go Beedrill!” She cried. Ninetales was sucked inside her ball as Miltank made the ball of water in her mouth. Than the next ball burst onto the field: with a loud buzz a Beedrill formed, it’s stingers managing to shine threateningly in what little sunshine was left. Miltank hadn’t noticed the change and mooed: large rings of water were fired, washing over Beedrill and forcing him to the ground. Miltank stopped and smiled, but faded when she realised it hadn’t hit the right opponent.

“Tactical switching is all part of the game.” Leaf explained. “Charge up a Solarbeam.”

“I’m well aware of that!” Kris huffed back: she did admire Leaf, but she didn’t like being talked down to. “Use Body Slam!” Miltank could sense Kris’ anger, and she ran forwards at an alarming speed, leaping up into the air. Beedrill simply smiled as light formed between his two arm-stingers, making a glowing, vibrating ball of energy. Miltank soared down, landing on top of Beedrill and completely covering him.

“Solarbeam!” Leaf yelled, unfazed that her Beedrill was flattened. Miltank remained on top, struggling to get back up being so low to the ground, and that gave Kris an idea.

“Remain on top and use Milk Drink after the Solarbeam!” Kris exclaimed. Miltank nodded, and seemed to spread her body weight out more. There was a bright flash from beneath her, and Miltank was suddenly sent flying into the air with the force of a rocket, a tower of green light and energy sending her up. She began glowing milky white as she rose, cancelling out all damage.

“Bee Bee!” Beedrill puffed, and the Solarbeam disappeared. Miltank was now at least two hundred metres into the air, visible thanks to her glowing white.

“Now try and use the colder temperatures from there to power up your Ice Punch!” Kris commanded. Miltank was able to hear her trainer, even from this height, and as she began soaring back towards the ground, her right fist suddenly turned icy blue. Leaf looked concerned, and Beedrill began rising up into the sky, his wings flapping as hard as they could.

“Go up and Poison Jab!” Leaf shouted: Miltank’s weight was a huge issue to deal with, as not many people she dealt with used such a strategy against her team. Beedrill began soaring up into the sky, his left stinger glowing a rich purple, almost oozing with poison. Miltank was moving a boulder that had rolled off a cliff, and Beedrill had only risen a few metres when Miltank appeared.

“MIL!” She mooed, and her fist collided with the stinger. Her weight nearly snapped the stinger in two, and Beedrill was blasted backwards, skidding through the sand and leaving a trail. Miltank smiled landed with a loud thud, causing sand to rise up around Leaf. Kris was excited: Beedrill didn’t have the same strength as the others, so Milta k actually stood a shot!

“Alright use Milk Drink again.” Kris commanded with a cocky smile. Leaf’s eyes narrowed, though Kris wasn’t sure if she was annoyed or angered.

“Twineedle, let’s see what that does.” Leaf mumbled. The wind had begun to pick up, and Leaf’s long hair began to billow in the breeze: combined with the long dress she was wearing, Kris couldn’t help but think of an action movie heroine that was about to kill her next target. And Beedrill’s new move represented this: he touched his two stingers together and dived forwards like a bullet. They turned lime green, looking just as poisonous as the last attack.

“Drill Beedrill!” Beedrill buzzed, and he rammed into Miltank’s glowing body. Miltank simply laughed as Beedrill bounced off, the attack barely doing a thing.

“Keep using your weight and Body Slam him again!” Kris commanded. Miltank nodded and bounced up into the sky. Beedrill was looking tired, but for some reason Leaf wasn’t switching out like she had.

“Let’s try Swift.” She said. As Beedrill began firing shining stars at the falling Miltank, Kris couldn’t help but be confused.

“I don’t get it.” She huffed, making Leaf raised her eyebrows. “Your meant to be a really powerful trainer with two legendaries, yet your using some really weak moves when you could be kicking my ass!” Leaf simply laughed, the two women not noticing as Beedrill was flattened.

“I dind’t want to go too roughly and destroy your entire team in one go.” Leaf replied, still laughing. “I also wanted to test your skill, see what sort of strategies you’d be using. I can gather that you’re going for a type advantage strategy, which is alright, but that won’t always save you. Now use Twineedle!” Kris was surprised that she was being analysed: she certainly had never ‘analysed’ her opponent’s team. Miltank was heaved off of Beedrill with another Twineedle, causing her to flop onto her back.

“Oh, umm… Water Pulse!” Kris instructed. Miltank nodded, and she fired the watery attack quickly, sending Beedrill spiralling into the air. “Use Ice Punch again!”

“I seem to have flustered you: that’s always a good way to way a battle.” Leaf laughed. “But I think I’ll use Poison Jab now.” Once again Beedrill soared down towards Miltank, buzzing excitedly as his stinger turned purple. He was flying like Superman with his other stinger tucked behind, and Kris had to fight back a giggle.

“TAAAANK!” Miltank mooed as Beedrill came closer, her fist turning the icy blue colour. It looked like there would be another collision, and Kris didn’t want that to happen.

“Duck down and aim for his body!” Kris shouted. At the last moment Miltank bent backwards, Beedrill flying overhead. She than rammed her fist into Beedrill, knocking the bee backwards. He remained airborne for a moment before seizing up and falling down: he had fainted.

“YES!” Kris shouted, and ran forwards to hug Miltank. Miltank let out a loud moo, and Hanoko cheered from her rock. Leaf simply brought Beedrill back, and then reached into her pocket. She pulled out a purple coloured PokeBall and Kris froze: only one type of ball had that colour – the Master Ball.

“I think I’ve analysed you enough: you use type advantageous moves and seem to have a habit for close range or physical attacks.” Leaf explained as she bounced the ball around. “That strategy may work in some cases, but I’m going to show you some other styles, if you don’t mind. And one of them is using a powerhouse.” Kris and Miltank stared in shock and anticipation as Leaf rolled the ball onto the field. It slowly opened, purple energy rising out in a brilliant, dazzling light. As the energy formed, the clouds overhead roared with the sound of thunder, making Eusine squeal. The waves became violent and the air suddenly seemed thicker. The energy began forming together, but Kris already knew what to expect: golden yellow fur, a long, rich purple mane, long jagged teeth and a tail in the shape of a lightning bolt.

The legendary beast Raikou formed in front of them, looking around with a sense of seriousness.

As more thunder sounded overhead, Kris found herself at a loss for words. She looked at Miltank, and she was nearly turning back in her normal colour from the shock of it. Leaf showed no emotion as Raikou walked around the pitch, making a sort of purring noise.

“I know your under a lot of pressure now Miltank, but do you want to keep battling?” Kris asked nervously, her entire body shaking. Out of the corner of her eye she could see Eusine pulling out a camera, taking pictures of Raikou as he stalked around. Miltank looked at the legendary and nervously nodded, taking a cautious step forwards. As she moved closer, Miltank gained more confidence, and her legs stopped shaking as much. Raikou growled and turned around, staring at her with dark, serious eyes. Kris and Miltank froze up again and Raikou growled at them.

“Aura Sphere.” Leaf announced. Raikou burst into white light, which suddenly turned into red energy, swirling around his body. The aura moved up Raikou’s body, connecting into his mouth and turning into a ball. Miltank’s entire body was frozen, staring at the attack with fear.

“RAAAAAII!” Raikou roared, and the ball was fired like a cannonball. Kris had a few seconds to leap out of the way before it smashed into Miltank. The force was enough to lift her into the air and send her flying through over the sand. Everyone watched as Miltank smashed into one of the cliffs, causing rubble to dramatically fall down over her. Kris’ jaw dropped, and she looked between the clearly unconscious Miltank and the mighty electric beast near her, with Leaf smiling triumphantly at it.

Kris was screwed.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast