TEEN: A Journey Through Unova

Thread: A Journey Through Unova

Yes hello I still exist. Oblivion's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Oblivion on Tumblr Visit Oblivion's Youtube Channel

Default A Journey Through Unova

Let's face it, my past fics were nothing but flops. Hopefully this one is going to be a little bit better. This is a journey fic through Unova, if you weren't reading the title, with a few twists here and there. So, let us begin.

And as always, thoughts, comments, and suggestions are always appreciated.

INDEX

Chapter 1
    The Beginning of an Adventure

It was a pleasant morning in Nuvema Town. The sun was bright, a pleasant breeze swept through the area, and the chirps of the Pidove could be heard, giving the town a sense of life.

Andrew Owad slowly woke up out of his slumber, wiping his eyes, before reaching for his glasses, which were on his nightstand. Today was the day he would get his new Pokemon from Professor Juniper. Finally, after 15 years, he would get to interact with these creatures. He was never really a morning person, but he had been waiting for today for quite some time. He got out of bed, and prepared for the day. He didn't comb his dark brown hair, since it had been cut the day prior. His parents said that he needed to look presentable. He honestly didn't want to hear their opinion.

He got outfitted in blue jeans, a dark brown T-shirt with an extremely abstract logo on it, and what he considered to be his trademark, his gray hoodie. He walked out of his room.

"Good morning. You ready for today?" Andrew's mom had presumably been waiting for him. Everyone else was asleep, thank Arceus.

"Mm hm," Andrew replied in a somewhat groggy fashion. "I'm not really hungry, mom," he said, seeing that she was making breakfast for him.

"Oh, okay," she said. "I packed up your things. It's got everything you'll need."

Andrew gave a slight smile. "Thanks," he said, picking up the pack. "Well, I'm off. I'll make sure to stop by every now and then." He gave his mom a hug, and walked out of the door.

He was greeted by a flurry of Pidove, all of whom flew off at his approach. He breathed a sigh of relief. Out of that house at last. He saw one of his friends, who was about his age, running towards him. Andrew gave a slight smile. Neo was always in a rush.

Neo almost rammed Andrew head-on, if he hadn't have stopped in his tracks. "Sorry about that," he panted. His attire wasn't much. An orange T-shirt and gray jeans, fingerless gloves, and his baseball hat with a monochrome Poke Ball symbol on it.

"So, you ready?" Neo asked, once he had caught his breath.

"You kidding, Neo?" Andrew asked incredulously. "I've been ready for months now."

"Well, in that case, let's go already!" Neo said, before running off again. Andrew watched him for a while, before running after him, unable to completely catch up. That guy was the living definition of hyperactivity.

The two had reached Professor Juniper's lab, and were astounded by the various pieces of technology assembled there. Andrew made a mental note to never let Neo touch anything in here. Professor Juniper herself saw the two, and beckoned them over.

"Hello! You two were starting on your journey, right?" she asked.

"You'd be right," Andrew said. He looked over to three Poke Balls, aligned in a straight row on a nearby table. "And I'm assuming that those are our choices for our first Pokemon. Right?"

"Correct!" Juniper replied.

The sound of a door being opened prevented Andrew from replying. As he turned to the sound of the noise, he had found Dusza, another one of his neighbors, walking through the door, arms crossed. He walked next to where Andrew and Neo were standing.

"Hello, Dusza," Professor Juniper said. "You're here for your first Pokemon, too?"

Dusza simply nodded in response. Andrew found it peculiar that he rarely ever talked.

"So, now that all of you are here, these are your choices," Professor Juniper said, releasing the three Pokemon.

"Snivy, the Grass-type Pokemon." A small serpentine Pokemon with arms and legs, who looked between Andrew, Neo, and Dusza, as if evaluating which one it would be able to tolerate the most.

"Tepig, the Fire-type Pokemon." A similarly sized pig Pokemon, who had busied itself with chasing its tail.

"And Oshawott, the Water-type Pokemon." An otter Pokemon, who looked fairly intimidated by the three humans.

Andrew looked between the three Pokemon, before he had made his choice. "I'll go with Snivy," he said. Professor Juniper returned the Pokemon, and gave its Poke Ball to Andrew.

Dusza pointed at Tepig, whom Juniper returned and gave to Dusza.

"Well, I guess I've got Oshawott," Neo said, and received the Pokemon from Professor Juniper.

"If you three are who I think you are, you won't need any lessons. Oh, before I forget..." Professor Juniper said, handing each of them five Poke Balls. "These will help you catch Pokemon. Good luck on your journey!" the professor said, bidding them farewell.

Andrew thanked Professor Juniper, before walking out of the laboratory. "Hey, Andrew," Neo said, running up to him. "I'll meet you at the end of Route 1. See ya there!" he said, before running off.

Dusza then walked out of the lab as well, and walked up to Andrew. "What is it, Dusza?" Andrew said, not bothering to hide his dislike for the guy.

"I'd like to battle you," Dusza responded in a low voice. The look in his dark purple eyes gave Andrew the feeling that he really meant business.

"Sure, why not?" Andrew said. He reached for his Poke Ball, before tossing it into the air. Snivy was then released amidst a white flash.

Dusza wordlessly tossed Tepig's Poke Ball in the air. The Pokemon looked around, before setting its sights on Snivy, who crossed its arms and gave it a piercing glare.

"You do the honors, Dusza," Andrew said.

"Tackle," Dusza commanded, and Tepig started rushing at Snivy. Unfortunately, Tepig tripped over a rock, and was knocked off balance, skidding across the ground, and coming to a stop right next to Snivy.

Snivy looked down at Tepig, and gave a slight chuckle before, without any command from Andrew, ramming the Pokemon at full speed. Then, while Dusza's Pokemon was trying to recover from the attack, Snivy ran up to it, and started mercilessly beating down the pig-like Pokemon, before smacking it across the face with such force that Tepig was sent flying right into Dusza, who was knocked to the ground.

Snivy gave a sardonic sneer, and tapped its foot impatiently. Tepig started running after Snivy again, but it knocked the Pokemon out with a well-timed smack across the face.

Dusza got up, shaking his head. His pitch-black hair was covered in dirt, and his black longcoat had grass stains all over it. He returned Tepig, before giving Andrew a glare and walking off.

Andrew looked over to Snivy. "Well, you're definitely quite a fighter," he said, and Snivy noticably raised its head, and gave a slight smile. "No use standing around here. Let's get on our way!"

With that, the two ran into Route 1, ready to take on their adventure head-on, no matter what happened, or how challenging it was.

At the same time, in a castle far from there, a man draped in ornate robes was walking down a grand chamber, carrying a golden crown of equal grandeur. Various people were on either side of him, anxiety and anticipation made explicitly clear. A young man with hair of a pale green was awaiting him at the end of the chamber. The robed man placed the crown on his head, and cheering erupted from the hallway.

Team Plasma had a new king.
    Last edited by Oblivion; 30th March 2011 at 10:29 PM.

I feel so much spring... Cabaret's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: A Journey Through Unova

hmm, interesting. Please please please make this unique. I've said it a dozen times before and I'll say it again, there are 12345123 thousand black and white fics that are just now debuting, so try to make yours something special. I like the characters. Well, what we've seen of them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I had that in mind when I made this. Trust me, this will follow the basic structure of the Black and White games, but there'll be plenty of things to keep this interesting.

I like to consider unique, creative, and interesting characters my forte. Trust me, you'll be seeing a lot more of 'em.

I feel so much spring... Cabaret's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

And character writing is always more enjoyable to write.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It doesn't look like this is getting much attention. Ah well, things are about to get interesting anyway.

Chapter 2
    Liberation

Andrew looked around for the slightest trace of a Pokemon. He hadn't found any yet. Maybe Neo scared them all off. He wouldn't be surprised, either. That guy could run a marathon in less than a minute.

Snivy suddenly tensed, and turned its head towards a certain direction. Andrew looked over, only to find a small Lillipup, who was making a slight growling noise, and glaring at Snivy, who narrowed its eyes.

"Well, we found a Pokemon, at least," Andrew said. "Tackle that thing. And try not to beat it up too badly, alright?"

Snivy immediately rammed the Lillipup, who was blasted back by the attack. Andrew couldn't help but marvel at the battle. That Snivy really packed a punch.

Lillipup responded in a similar manner, and Snivy was damaged by the attack. The Pokemon shook its head in a dazed manner, and waited for Andrew's command.

Andrew brought out one of his Poke Balls, and lobbed it at the Lillipup. The capsule-like device hit it square on the forehead, before sucking in the Pokemon. The Poke Ball shook once...then twice...then thrice...then a soft clicking noise could be heard.

Andrew walked over to the Poke Ball and picked it up. "First Pokemon...besides you, of course," he added, due to Snivy giving him a glare.

The rest of the journey through Route 1 went without incident. A few Patrats, maybe another Lillipup or two. Nothing too out of the ordinary.

Andrew found Neo at the end of the route, facing away. Obviously his attention was on something in the city. "Neo. What are you looking at?" Andrew said, walking up to him. "Neo? Neo!" he said. It was a bit hard to get his attention.

"Huh? What? Oh, hi, Andrew," Neo said. "There's this group of people in the town. I dunno what's going on..."

"Huh. How about we see just what's going on?" Andrew said, and the two walked over to the crowd of people assembled in front of a man in what Andrew considered to be really, really, really weird clothing. He looked like he belonged in a time period that wasn't this one, with robes with an abstract pattern, and some kind of collar...thing. He had who he guessed were lackeys with odd outfits behind him, and one on each side, holding a flag of some kind.

Dusza had caught up to Andrew and Neo, and silently stood off to the side. The leader person was saying something. A speech of some kind.

"My name is Ghetsis. I am here representing Team Plasma. Today, ladies and gentlemen, I would like to speak about Pokemon liberation."

So this guy was named Ghetsis. Even his name sounded like it didn't belong in this day and age. Pokemon liberation? Andrew couldn't remember off the top of his head what the word liberation meant.

"I'm certain that most, if not all of you believe that us humans and the Pokemon that surround us are partners, because we are necessities to one another."

This guy seemed to know what he was talking about. Maybe not necessities, but to a point, we do depend on each other.

"But what if this is simply an assumption, carried on through generations and generations? Pokemon are bound to their Trainers, and no matter what hardships they are commanded to go through, they obey, and they suffer for it. Can anyone here say that I am not speaking the truth?"

Hushed whispers went through the crowd. No one seemed to be absolutely certain.

"I can."

The whispers stopped. Andrew knew who that voice belonged to. Dusza, arms crossed, walked up to the front of the crowd, giving Ghetsis a cold stare. Ghetsis himself returned the stare, as if challenging Dusza to back up his statement.

"Humans and Pokemon have, at this point, made an unbreakable link between one another. There are, on occasion, people who do nothing more than utilize Pokemon. They are not in the majority."

Everyone's attention was on Dusza. Ghetsis's lackeys looked between one another cautiously. Ghetsis, however, didn't seem enraged in the slightest.

"Some of the Pokemon that exist today would not even be here if it weren't for humans. And humans would be at the mercy of Pokemon, whose powers far surpass our own, if we didn't have protection equal to them."

The crowd looked at each other and nodded, as if they understood what Dusza was saying. Ghetsis's eyes darted from side to side, obviously somewhat nervous.

"Furthermore, Pokemon are not just our creations and our protectors. They are our friends. Even our family. And tell me, would any of you willingly rid yourself of a family member, that you have known and trusted for years?"

Andrew was honestly amazed that Dusza would speak up like this. Neo was about to say something, but Andrew held up a hand, and shook his head. Dusza could do this on his own.

"Tell me, boy," Ghetsis said, trying furiously to remain calm and keep his composure. "Are you certain that you're speaking for everyone here? What evidence do you have?"

Dusza's fists clenched. He started pacing. "Years past, when my youth corrupted my reasoning, I was wandering in the woods. A group of Pokemon attacked me. Pawniards, to be exact."

Andrew shuddered. Those things were not nice.

"I was surrounded. Then, a Pokemon took out the group. An ethereal figure. It saved me from a certain demise. In other words, I would've died." He said, the last word coated in venom. Absolute silence filled the area.

"I'll leave you all to consider that," Dusza said, before turning his back on Ghetsis and walking away.

Ghetsis obviously didn't trust himself to say anything, because he turned around, and beckoned his followers as he walked off as well.

The crowd began to disperse. Andrew started walking over to Dusza, who appeared to be in a state of deep thought. "I never knew," Andrew said.

"He spoke nothing but lies," Dusza said. "You were smart to think so as well."

Andrew simply nodded, unable to think of anything else to say. He then saw the Pokemon Center. Thankful, he walked through the sliding doors. He walked up to Nurse Joy, and gave her his two Poke Balls, containing Snivy and his newly caught Lillipup.

"What was that commotion outside?" Joy asked him, as she placed the Poke Balls in an intricate-looking machine.

"Nothing important. Some kind of a public speech," Andrew replied with a shrug.

Once his Pokemon were healed, he walked out of the Pokemon Center, only to find a person with pale green hair, and a monochrome outfit. "What did you think of that speech?" he asked. Neo had just walked out of the Pokemon Center.

"Hm? Your Pokemon...it's saying...hmm..." the young man said. Andrew raised an eyebrow. "What are you talking about?" he asked skeptically.

"Oh. Neither of you can hear it either...a shame. My name is N."

N? Odds are that wasn't his actual name, but he'd roll with it. "Okay. Name's Andrew. So you can talk to Pokemon?"

"Yes. I can't hear your Pokemon clearly, though. Could we battle? I'd like to hear its voice again," N replied.

Andrew looked over to Neo, who nodded. "Sure, why not?" he replied.

N sent out his Pokemon, a Purrloin. Andrew sent out Snivy. "You make the first move," N said.

"Gladly. Vine Whip!" Andrew commanded. Vines extended from Snivy's neck, and started smacking Purrloin, who attempted to dodge, but Snivy was obviously faster.

"Yes. More...I still can't hear it clearly enough..." N muttered to himself. "Scratch!" Purrloin let out a snarl, and lunged for Snivy with more speed than it expected at first, slashing it across the chest.

"Vine Whip again!" Andrew said, and Snivy smacked Purrloin with its vines once again, knocking the feline Pokemon out.

"I never thought that a Pokemon would say such things..." N muttered, returning his Pokemon. "Your Pokemon's voice is strong. Confident, even. But it's not perfect. Not yet." He then walked off without another word.

Andrew looked to Snivy, who shrugged in response. Even if Snivy knew what he was talking about, he wouldn't be able to tell Andrew anything about it. Andrew looked over to Neo, whose attention was apparently elsewhere. "Neo, what are you doing?" Andrew asked.

Neo pointed at a rooftop. "I swear I saw someone. He had a mask. Then he ran off. I didn't catch that good of a glimpse..."

"Well, no need to worry about that. Let's go. Striaton City's waiting." The two, as well as Andrew's Snivy, started walking over to Route 2. Andrew couldn't help put think about everything that just happened. There was something going on.

A figure, draped in shadows, watched two other people walk off. One of them, the less competent one, might've caught a glimpse of him earlier. But no matter. The one with the Snivy, however...an interesting character. He might have a worthy adversary at last.

Summoning a draconic Pokemon, with six pitch-black wings, the figure hopped on and flew into the sky. New situations were about to unfold, and he would enjoy every minute of them.

追放されたバカ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh boy, I can hear the 'Gary Stu' calls already for the talking back to Ghetsis.

Well, let's see. I find this to be a good story, new characters so we can't already figured them out like we could if you had used Bianca or Cheren. I liked when Ghetsis was unable to argue against the points. I hope you keep this story going =3

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

When I was actually playing the game, I wished that someone would point out the glaring, blatant, and obvious flaws in his supposed reasoning.

To be fair, Ghetsis did pose the question asking if anyone thought that he wasn't telling the truth. And what do you do with questions? You respond to them. And you give the reason why you gave the answer you did.

I had the idea of using different characters, because putting in different characters than what we're used to in a fic that's mainly based on the events of the games help make things unique and interesting. They do take the places of Bianca and Cheren, and which one replaces which should be obvious at this point. But they're a little bit more deep and, in Neo's case, entertaining.
    Last edited by Oblivion; 31st March 2011 at 05:59 PM.

Run through any Wall Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

I liked the fic, it has a more original feel to it, even I thought you were using the actual characters from the games but originals do just as well.

The second chapter was different, I didn't think you could actually talk back to Ghetsis and leave him speechless no less, however I thought the battle against N was rather short.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Let's be honest here. When you're just up against a single Purrloin, with a Pokemon that has a fairly powerful move for that point in the game, as well as same type attack bonus, it's gonna go down in at least two hits.

Working on the third chapter right now, it'll be posted in a little bit.