Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps - Chapter 69

Stray Dog Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

Default Re: How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps - Chapter Eleven

BROWNIES ARE SUPER EFFECTIVE

That was so cool and funny at the same time I can't believe that Alaska was able to defeat a Geodude on her own and without even remembering to use Pokemon against it. Though I wonder what's at the end of the sand now that she's fallen into them. Anyway everything seems fine in the chapter good description, good length and grammar as well.

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

I'm glad you liked it. I was definitely going for more comedy than realism :P The Geodude is most likely quite weak, but I didn't want to have to specify it. And you will hopefully find out next week whats after the sand.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

@WinterVines @Alaskapigeon

Chapter Twelve: Follow the Shadows, He Said!

Alaska couldn’t help but cry out as she fell towards the sand. The electronic voice had been vague in his warning, but she knew falling into this wasn’t going to be very good. Would it kill her… surely not: if trainers were constantly being killed by quick sand, Alaska had a feeling that the Pokemon League would do something about it. There was only one other option: the sand would lead somewhere.

But than the particles quickly rose up, and Alaska shut her eyes and mouth as she plunged through. She had been expecting it to be hard, but Alaska found herself simply falling through at the same pace as sinking through something slightly congealed. The sand was moving against her body like many tiny hands touching her, and Alaska didn’t quite enjoy the feeling all that much.

If this is what all the other bloody gyms are like, I’m not having a bar of it! Alaska thought grouchily as the sand managed to sting her ears, creeping into every nook and cranny of her clothes. She clutched tightly onto Darwin’s PokeBall, not wanting it to get lost forever amongst the sand. Her body was beginning to roll, the sand somehow spinning her around. Alaska was beginning to feel dizzy and itchy, and wanted nothing more than to climb out of the pit and pushed Brock in to see how he liked it. Her body was beginning to rise up, and Alaska found herself going fasted, the sand beginning to push violently against her. Alaska was desperate to get out of this demented ride, and a few choice words were forming for whoever was waiting on the other end….

With a sudden popping sound, Alaska found the weight lessen off her entire body. In fact, Alaska found that was entirely… weightless. She opened her eyes, ready to find herself hurtling through space via a strange sandy wormhole, but instead found that she was flying a few feet above the ground.

“BUGGER!” Alaska growled, and readied for the impact as she hurtled towards the ground. She bent her knees to absorb the blow, and put her bag around her middle to stop any pain. Unfortunately, Alaska didn’t plan it very well: her legs smashed in the ground at a powerful force, causing Alaska to fall flat onto the ground. Darwin’s PokeBall flew out of her hand and burst open as Alaska’s hand slid across the gravel, and her bag burst open, causing Paige’s PokeBall to roll out as well.

“Bastardised bloody gym!” Alaska growled, staring down at her body: her hands were raw and scratched painfully, blood beginning to flow, whilst the knees on her pants had been torn, badly grazing her knees.

“Pidgey Pidge Pidgey?” Paige fluttered down, clutching her own PokeBall and Darwin’s in her talons, staring at Alaska with wide eyes of horror. Darwin, meanwhile, was glaring towards the gym, making Karate Chop motions in mid air.

“I’ll be alright, nothing that can’t be fixed up,” Alaska said with a sigh, and reached into her bag for some of the plasters her mother had insisted she pack before going on her journey. “I’m more annoyed about the gym – Brock wants me to catch another Pokemon or tain more before I battle him.”

“MAN?” Darwin squealed angrily, wheeling around in mid-chop. Alaska sadly nodded, knowing that Darwin had been looking forward to this match for a while. “MANKEY MAN MAN MAN KEEEEY!” The Mankey yelled angrily, and he smashed his fist into the ground. The tile cracked into pieces, the attack so powerful that a bit whacked Paige on the head.

“Pidgey Gee Gee Pidge!” Paige snapped, shaking a fist angrily. Alaska simply sighed again, knowing how Darwin felt. She was willing to drive her own fists into the ground, but she didn’t want to injure them anymore. As she wiped the blood away and stuck the plasters on, Alaska couldn’t help but feel a bit useless. She had travelled all this way from Pallet, gone through the death trap that had been Viridian Forest, trained her Pokemon up as much as she thought necessary, yet it didn’t seem to be enough. Alaska had no idea how much more she was meant to train them. She had received comments on her blog that Brock was a real pushover: did the gym leader not see Alaska as a worthy enough opponent? Had this trip be worth anything if she wasn’t even going to be given a chance to prove herself? Alaska could see Chloe’s laughing face floating above her eyes, hear the sound in her ears.

I knew you couldn’t do it! Your just a poor, useless loser! And look at that outfit… it looks like an outlet store threw up and used it clothes to mop up the mess!

“Rot in hell!” Alaska growled, knowing perfectly well Chloe wasn’t there (even though she was quite pleased how well she could conjure up a Chloe-grade pathetic insult), but lashed out anyway.

“PIDGE!” Paige gasped as Alaska accidentally whacked her in the face. Alaska gasped and clasped her injured hands to her face as Darwin began to snigger behind them.

“Oh my gosh, I’m really sorry!” Alaska said quickly, getting back to her feet. Paige simply stared at her, a bemused look on her face. Alaska didn’t like it, and quickly realised why: Paige raised her talons and threw the two PokeBalls forwards, giving them an extra whack with her wings. Darwin fell the ground laughing as both balls hit Alaska square in the face, leaving perfectly circular red marks. Paige fell the ground as well as she covered her mouth with both wings, trying hard not to laugh at Alaska’s face. The trainer looked down, her face a cross between anger and amusement, and simply sighed.

“I’m going to get you for that!” She called, and lunged forwards. Paige took off into the air, laughing loudly, as Alaska jokingly clawed after the bird. The annoyance at being stopped from entering the gym quickly left, and Alaska was glad to simply play with her oldest friend for the first time in ages. Though her knees hurt and Darwin’s jumping around threatened to trip her up, Alaska simply laughed and laughed, ready to do this for hours.

A loud horn suddenly interrupted their perfect day.

The sound was loud, rude and unnecessary, and managed to pause Alaska and Paige in their tracks. A small red car had screeched to a halt a few metres away, the male driver poking his head out of the window and yelling at the person who had, presumably, run right in front of him. Alaska glanced around, wondering who was the cause of all of this of commotion, but couldn’t see anyone else in sight.

“Gee Pidge,” Paige whispered, and pointed towards the side of a nearby building. Alaska followed were she was pointing and finally saw who the man was shouting at: it was a figure, gender and age untellable from this distance, though the person was slim and tall and wearing dark clothing. They didn’t seem to care at all about nearly causing an accident, simply rushing away down the street.

Instantly, Alaska thought back to what had happened in the Beedrill nest. There had been the voice that spoke to her: the creepy, unnatural, chilling voice that she didn’t have a face to associate it with. The way this figure was walking, as if it was hoping to get away quickly and without being noticed, Alaska couldn’t help but wonder who it was.

“Come on guys, we’re going,” Alaska said instantly, and bent down and grabbed the PokeBalls and her bag. Paige and Darwin exchanged a glance, but they simply nodded, Paige landing on one shoulder and Darwin beginning to hop alongside. Alaska knew she should be training, getting ready to face Brock again, but this figure seemed too mysterious, and she had to know why and where they were going, if only to solve the question that had been bothering her for days.

The path led, rather surprisingly, towards the Pewter City Museum.
    Alaska, Paige and Darwin followed the shadowy figure for ten minutes, moving between buildings and dodging cars, Alaska doing her best to keep an eye out for the person. She managed to keep an eye on him for most of the time, but in the last minute, a speeding cyclist nearly bowled Alaska off her feet. Alaska was ready to fire a few choice insults, but was instead left in stitches when Darwin sent the cyclist flying over the handlebars and threw his bike up onto the roof. By the time Alaska and Paige had stopped rolling on the pavement laughing, attracting many odd looks from the residents, they found the shadowed figure had disappeared from view. The only place he had to have gone in though was the gigantic museum in front.

Alaska had been here only once when she was very young to see an exhibition on ancient ruins with her mother and older siblings, though she couldn’t remember much about it. Standing here, images of the museum came rushing back towards her, though it looked different from last time. It was still three storeys high, with an extensive basement storage underneath, and was painted a very solid shade of mahogany with white along the edges and the windows. Alaska was sure the roof had been pointed last time, but now it appeared to be flat, with several statues of Rock type Pokemon against the edges. A large expanse of grass stood in front, with more statues of both people and Pokemon scattered between trees, magnificent flowers and gazebos that were already full of people.

“This is probably going to be the most intelligent building we visit on this journey,” Alaska told her Pokemon as she made her way forwards up the cracked grey footpath. A revolving door was already turning around, ready to greet them inside the museum. “Now, you two better behave in here. There’s a lot of old crap in here that can’t really be disturbed. Oh, and there’s some ancient displays around as well,” Alaska added with a smile, and Paige and Darwin smirked. Several elderly woman who heard her shot them all wrinkly evil glares, and Alaska simply laughed as she walked up the grand staircase towards the door. A large poster was on either side, showing ancient fossils on a brown background, the large yellow banner reading “FOSSILS OF THE KANTO REGION – Limited Time Only!”

“Looks like we are going to be seeing a few millennium old objects then,” Alaska informed her team, and stepped forwards into the revolving door, ready to find out what the mysterious figure wanted, and wheter it had to do with these fossils.

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

Default Re: How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps - Chapter Twelve

Well it was another fun chapter though the line when the sand is getting in Alaska's body...now that's just wrong xD

Anyway it was short and unnventful really I like this length but it's obvious that if it isn't longer then not a lot can happen so I'll recommend for the next chapter to be a little longer.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

The next chapter was going to be longer. If this chapter had been longer, than it would have split up the museum into an unhealthy and frankly odd segment. The museum will be covered in two or three chapters, and will definitely be worth reading, as it begins to set events in motion!

And yes that line was a bit dodgy, but I could think of another way to put it

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Chapter Thirteen: Trust This to be Unlucky

Alaska was overwhelmed the second she walked in.

The museum was clearly huge judging just by the atrium. It was the size of Alaska’s entire house, with a few more houses piled on top to make up the extra floors. It was very white and pristine, with huge white tiles that seemed to sparkle as people walked over them. Gigantic columns flanked the marble staircase and the entrance to the other exhibits. More people were staring over the balconies on the other floors, and as Alaska looked up at them, she saw the gigantic glass skylight that was in between two magnificent crystal chandeliers, swamping the room with light.

“I’m going to go right ahead and call it: this is the fanciest building we will enter during this trip!” Alaska told Paige and Darwin, taking a few more steps in and marvelling the structure. Paige nodded in agreement, but Darwin seemed rather bored, probably because there wasn’t anything to punch. Alaska continued to look at the amazing architecture as she joined a short queue to get a ticket, and stared at the murals of different Pokemon running along each of the balconies.

“Hello ma’am, and welcome to the Pewter City Museum,” a woman in a blue uniform said as Alaska stepped up. “It is $50 for entrance, and your Pokemon must be kept near you at all times if –,”

“$50!” Alaska cried, causing several people to turn around and stare. “I’m only going to be here for a few minutes, I’m not paying that much!”

“- at all times if you insist on keeping them out,” the woman continued as if she hadn’t been interrupted, “and even if you here for one minute or one hour, the price stays the same.” Alaska glared at the woman and was tempting to tell her where she could go and shove her price, but realised that she did need to get in and see where this shadowed man had gone.

“Fine, take your money,” Alaska snapped, dropping the appropriate amount onto the counter, “but tell me this: have you seen any strange men come past, most likely wearing all black?”

“Ma’am, we get a lot of strange men in here, it’s a museum,” the woman replied dryly, grabbing the money and putting it into the till. “Our space exhibit takes up the majority of this floor along with our cafes and stores, the next floor is our research facilities, library, history of the local area and Legendary Exhibit, and the top floor is the Fossils of the Kanto Region.”

“Huh, not much for fifty bucks,” Alaska scowled, and left the woman looking like she’d been slapped as she walked past and entered the atrium.

“Pidgey Pidge Gee Pidge,” Paige whispered into Alaska’s ear as they approached the first staircase on the left.

“I know I’m a bitch Paige, just get used to it,” Alaska replied with a smirk, and marched straight through a tour group and began climbing the stairs. Several vases and paintings were displayed all around, and a glass cabinet Alaska passed as the staircase turned had a number of ancient PokeBalls stored inside. Alaska wished to be able to explore the museum more (especially after the outrageous entrance fee that she would rant about in her blog next chance she got), but finding the mysterious man was more important. Space had never interested her that much, and she only liked libraries when she knew something useful could be found within.

“That exhibit on legendaries is permanent, so he could have come here anytime he wanted,” Alaska explained to Paige as Darwin stared away, staring at the number of things on display as they turned and continued up the stairs. “The science equipment I presume would be well guarded, so he probably isn’t going there – Darwin, don’t touch – which leaves the fossils as the last possible thing to go to,” Alaska concluded, grasping onto Darwin’s hands as he reached out towards a collection of ancient plates.

“Gey Pidge,” Paige said, and Alaska simply nodded as they passed another tour group, struggling to hold onto Darwin’s fidgeting hands.

“It isn’t that crowded, so he should be easy enough to find,” Alaska replied, and Paige sighed and shrugged in response. Alaska rolled her eyes and they ventured up the last few stairs in silence, staring around for any sign of the mystery man. The sunlight coming from the skylight was enough to light their way, but Alaska knew it wouldn’t provide as much light as they passed into the wings, and knew the man had to be hiding in there.

But just as Alaska was about to put her feet onto the top floor, thinking about how to find the man, she heard a cry from behind her and quickly turned. A man was running up behind her, a shocked look on his handsome face. Alaska’s heart fluttered a bit as she stared at the man, who looked in his late twenties, and was wearing a black suit that managed to look casual as it snugged his toned body. His face was youthful and tanned, his eyes a sparkling blue and his hair sandy blonde.

“Mind your Pokemon!” He shouted, and Alaska snapped out of her daydream to find Darwin had slipped out of her clutches without her noticing, scaling the wall towards a vase on top of a decorative marble column.

“DARWIN!” Alaska screamed, and the Mankey froze a few feet away.
    “Man Man Man Man Man!” He squawked, but Alaska and Paige both shot him a steely glare, and Darwin let out an angry sigh, leaping off the wall and back onto Alaska’s shoulder that nearly sent her toppling, if the man hadn’t given her a hand.

“Your Pokemon seems a bit restless there,” the handsome said, giving Alaska a sparkling smile as he helped her upright. “It could very well be his nature: is he Naughty or Rash by any chance?”

“I have no idea what that means,” Alaska admitted, the two walking up the last few steps together. “I am not really knowledgeable about some of this Pokemon stuff, I just set out to train them and win badges.”

“Ah, like most trainers I’ve met,” the man laughed. “Learning your Pokemon’s natures can help you work out how to train them and where their strengths lie. If you have a PokeDex, that could tell you, otherwise see a scientist or Pokemon Doctor. You know when it could be helpful,” he continued, and Alaska nodded, actually rather interested. She stared at Paige’s attentive and loyal face and than at Darwin’s distracted and slightly twitchy glare: maybe there was some nature behind them that could help her out with training them and gaining an upper hand on the reality stars.

“I’m Mark, Mark Hansom, by the way,” the man said as they headed down the corridor into the fossil section, passing by a multicoloured metal shield as they did so. “I am on the Board of Directors here and helped to organise this exhibit.”

“Yes you are,” Alaska said, thinking it was in her head, admiring how wonderfully his name matched him.

“Excuse me?” Mark said in surprise, and Alaska stopped dead in her tracks, Paige and Darwin giggling on her shoulders.

“I said, I saw your name on the poster when I came in,” Alaska explained quickly, slurring her words slightly. “I’m Alaska Acevedo, and I’m just on my journey.” Mark’s eyes widened slightly as she said her name, but she blinked and they were back to normal, though there was a look across his face that definitely showed interest.

“Well hello then Alaska,” he said, leading her further inside the fossil exhibit. Alaska, Paige and even Darwin began to stare around at the amazing things on display. Around fifty glass cabinets were placed around the room, ranging from ones you could stare down into to ones set into the wall, each one containing either one or two large fossils or about a dozen smaller ones. Photos, descriptions and text were placed on stands next to each cabinet, and a text and photos about the excavation process had been put on the wall. Several interactive screens were going around the room, groups of children giggling as they pressed the buttons, but the thing that attracted Alaska’s attention the most was a gigantic banner right above her, jogging a few memories of things she had learnt back at school.

Several Pokemon had been painted on there, the image truly spectacular. It showed a clawed Kabutops crawling out from the ocean, scythes raised threateningly, as an army of Kabuto and Omanyte crawled out from behind. A single Omanstar was on top of a rock, tentacles wriggling and waving, calling out into the night. And at the very top of the banner, an Aerodactyl was swooping out of the sky, mouth open wide with teeth bared, wings stretched wide with sharp claws raised deviously. The prehistoric scene was dark and stormy, with a bolt of lightning drawn in the backdrop, and the foliage that surrounded was all dark green and ghostly looking.

The banner seemed so life like that Alaska remembered another horror movie she had watched with her father, involving an Aerodactyl coming back to life and terrorising a small town. The movie monster had scared her terribly back then, and Alaska could feel a bit of a shiver staring into the malicious eyes and gaping black mouth.

“I seriously hope you guys never bring one of those things back to life,” Alaska said to Mark, who chuckled. “I swear that thing would be able to pull you to bits and feast on my flesh within a few seconds!”

“Well, if we manage to bring one back to life, we’ll make sure nothing bad happens like that,” Mark laughed. “It is a Water type, so we’ll have plenty of Pokemon on standby.”

“Have you ever brought a fossil Pokemon back to life before?”

“We were planning too, after we found the Old Amber, Dome Fossil and Helix Fossil needed to bring Aerodactyl, Kabuto and Omanyte back respectively,” Mark explained, looking a bit frustrated as he said it. “The technology was ready and waiting all the way on Cinnabar Island, but then…” Alaska made an ‘aah’ sound, seeing where this was going. Cinnabar Island had erupted several years ago, coating the entire island in molten lava that began to set. It was no simply a giant, bare brown lump in the middle of the ocean, a place people avoided in fear of an eruption happening again.

“But don’t you still have the fossils?” Alaska asked as they walked past displays of fossilised Pidgey feathers and Rattata skeletons. Several elderly women smiled at Alaska, and she noticed a young couple making out behind a cabinet, clearly not here for the educational purposes.

“I would like to say so, as I kept the fossils on my after the eruption. But I stored them in my car during another incident, and I returned to find my car had been destroyed. I don’t know what happened to the fossils, as we didn’t find any remnants of them, but we have teams searching Mt Moon for whatever is left,” Mark explained sadly. He stopped in front of another cabinet, and Alaska turned to investigate. Three things were on display: one was a slightly lump orange-red oval, the other two looked like mounds of rock with different things (one a hill, the other a spiral) carved into them.

“Copies of the fossils?” Alaska asked, looking up and staring into the handsome man’s eyes. Mark nodded, looking rather pained as he stared at the copies, and Alaska could understand why: to come so close to turning a pile of rock into a living, breathing thing only to have it destroyed must be a horrible feeling. “I’m sure you’ll be able to find some more fossils, there have to be some lying around somewhere.”

“I sure hope so,” Mark said, smiling down at her. “I just wish Mt Moon hadn’t caved in and we lost half of the area to explore. It is a real bitch digging up the same area time after time,” and Alaska began laughing. She ignored Paige as she began jabbering away in her ear, enjoying her little bonding moment with Mark.

“PIDGE!” Paige squawked, cuffing Alaska over the head with a wing.

“What?” Alaska snapped back, turning to look at her, but quickly froze.

A man was standing a few metres in front of them. He was wearing a long black coat and a black hat, hiding his features from them all. An Electrode was besides the man, sparking angrily at Darwin, who had leapt off of Paige’s shoulder and had his hands raised in a combat pose.

However, Alaska’s eyes were firmly set on the gun clasped in the man’s pale hands, and she began to wish an Aerodactyl would swoop out of the false amber behind her and whisk her away, not wanting to know what would happen next.
    Last edited by AceTrainer14; 13th October 2011 at 03:37 PM.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Default Re: How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps - Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Fourteen: More Bang for your Buck

Alaska could feel her breath escape her as she clutched onto Paige, watching the strange man in dark clothing as he took a step forwards, and she quickly realised this was the most scared she had ever been in her life. The robotic Beedrill she knew they would be able to take down, but Alaska had no idea how to unarm a man with a gun in a crowded room who also had an evolved Pokemon that could take hers down.

"Fakes, are these Mr Hansom?" The man said, taking a step forwards, and Alaska quickly registered one key fact about him: it was not the man that stood behind her in the Beedrill's nest. It was someone else who had a secret agenda, someone who it seemed wanted the fossils. Alaska reminded herself to tell Paige I told you so later, but she simply stood still and silent for now, wondering how she could get out of here, along with Mark and all the others cowering museum-goers scattered throught the room.

"That is quite a pity," the man said as he walked forwards, now only a few feet away from Alaska, staring towards Mark. The handsome man glared back at the man, doing his best to keep his composure, but Alaska could see beads of sweat running down his skin in fear. However, she was also now able to see what the man looked like. His skin was very pale but was also spotted with filth and scars, and his eyes were hidden behind darkened glasses. His lips kept twitching and curling as he stood there, breathing deeply towards Mark. The black clothes he wore were dirty and tattered, and Alaska couldn't help but wonder where this filthy person had come from, and wheter he was some deranged homeless junkie like the type her mother would cross the road to avoid.

"It is such a shame: I made a special trip to come here and get the fossils, hoping you would have found them by now," the man sighed in an airy, overdramatic manner. "Maybe you aren't the adventurer you used to be… oh well, I must go to Mt Moon myself. I could have taken your Pokemon, but your Kabutops and Omanstar aren't quite what I'm looking for."

"What, I thought you hadn't brought them back to life!" Alaska gasped, and than gasped again as she realised the attention was now on her: Mark staring fearfully at her, and the strange man turning towards her with a smile on his face. Paige's talons cut into Alaska's skin as the Pidgey seized up, and Alaska felt the same way as the armed man walked forwards, revealing stained yellow teeth as he smiled down at her. He didn't say anything, just smiled, and Alaska wanted to reach out and punch him.

"I thought you just meant Aerodactyl," Mark explained quickly. "We brought a Kabuto and Omanyte back to life, and were working on an Aerodactyl and more experiments when the eruption happened."

"Than that's when I stole the fossils from someone's car," the man explained, smiling down at his Electrode as if it was a glorious thing. "Silly little Marky here didn't lock up properly, so I managed to sneak in and steal them during a tiny little fight, and than buried them in Mt Moon so I wouldn't lose them if my base was ever found. Unfortunately, I never made it back, so I thought I would pop by here and see if they were around here before I went to grab them."

"Let me guess, you were too busy living under a rock to go get them?" Alaska snarled, unable to stop herself. Mark and Paige gasped as the man's face fell into a scowl, and before Alaska knew it his hand was flying through the air. She gasped as it smashed into her face, dizzying her and sending her careering back against the wall.

"MANKEY MAN MAN!" Darwin yelled in protest, but the man simply laughed and held the gun up towards Mark's temple before he could act out. Silence fell across the room as Alaska felt her face, tasting blood inside her mouth, listening as several people trapped in the room began to sob. Why wasn't someone around to help them? Surely somebody must have come up the staircase and headed towards this exhibit, only to find the scene at hand and race back to get help. But no one was there to help, and Alaska lay on the floor staring towards the gun, Paige jabbering away besides her ear.

"If you insult me again, or your Pokemon try anything, I will scatter Mr Hansom's brains across this lovely wall," the man hissed through his smile. "It seems there is no other need for me to be in here, so I think I will leave now. But Electrode will stay here, and if anyone tries to leave, he will electrocute everything in here," the man explained, and on cue Electrode began to spark threateningly, causing more people to whimper and cry. "I am just going to grab some of the technology downstairs to help me with my process, then we will be out of your hair and you can sell your stories to the woman's magazines or become addicted to drugs, whatever helps you cope," and the man turned and began to laugh as he walked past Electrode, his gun still pointed towards Mark. Fear was seeping through Alaska as she watched him go away, but she knew she couldn't let him achieve his goals. There was something seriously wrong with this man, but she was getting the idea Mark knew who it was and had dealt with him in the past, as the handsome man had fear in his eyes that was possibly worse than Alaska's. She had to do something to help, and a plan was already forming in her mind.

"Quick Attack on the gun, now," Alaska hissed to Paige. She heard her gasp and turned her head to see the Pidgey's eyes had doubled in size. Alaska reached out and stroked her feathers, giving her a smile she hoped would mask the worry in her eyes. "You have to, its our only hope, and I know you can do it!" Paige relaxed at the calm words, and together the two looked around the room: the elderly women were shaking horribly, the female of the couple was crying, all the children were sobbing wrecks. Paige knew she had to do it, and she gave Alaska a nod.

"PIDGE!" She screamed before rocketing forwards at an alarming speed, energy engulfing her. Electrode spun around to watch her, glowing yellow to fire an attack, but it was too late: the man turned around as Paige smashed into the gun, making it scream as his fingers snapped, and the weapon spun away towards the wall.

"KEY MAN!" Darwin screamed, and ran forwards with hands raised. A powerful Karate Chop smashed into Electrode before it could locate Paige to fire at, and the oversized PokeBall struck a display, electricity shooting out. The case exploded, sending glass and bits of wood flying around like shrapnel, screams echoing everywhere as people dived for cover.

"Excellent job," Mark said, heaving Alaska up for one hand and throwing two PokeBalls with the other. There was a burst of bright light, and suddenly a great furry, furious Primeape and the hideous and threatening Pinsir had formed, their appearances causing a few more screams from the old ladies.

"STOP THEM!" The strange man screamed as he ran for the gun, but Darwin bounded forwards and brought another Karate Chop down on his shoulders, sending the man sprawling to the ground.

"Brick Break and ViceGrip NOW!" Mark screamed, and turned towards Alaska before checking if the moves had been executed properly. "Alaska, you need to get these people out of here, now! Take them down to the lobby and alert the guards! I can hold Gideon off, just go!"

"I think I should stay," Alaska replied, storing away the fact this man's name was Gideon. "The guards are more likely to listen to you, and I imagine the people will just an official like yourself more than a teenage girl!" This wasn't really why Alaska wanted to stay: she wanted to prove herself to, well, herself. After being rejected by Brock before, Alaska needed to show that she was able to kick some serious butt, even if she only had two unevolved Pokemon. She was a powerful, thoughtful and strategic trainer, and stood just as much of a chance as Mark did. Alaska was surprised he didn't protest, simply sighing and nodding.

"You are probably right. Besides, my Pokemon aren't that well trained anyway, despite what I like to think," Mark said with a hint of a sexy smile. As if on cue, Electrode released a powerful Electric attack as Primeape threw him across the room. The bolts caused more glass to explode and people to scream, and the lights all flickered on before bursting as well. "Good luck, I have a feeling you can do this."

"Thanks," Alaska replied, and looked around to try and find her Pokemon: Darwin and Paige were both chasing after the man Gideon, who was throwing bits of fossil at them as he ducked their attacks.

"EVERYONE MOVE!" Mark yelled, and he ran forwards, Primeape and Pinsir going from battle mode to helping mode as they ushered the people forwards. Electrode was embedded in the interactive screen, growling and unleashing more Thunderbolts at the passing people. Mark picked up the gun as he ran and fired it towards Gideon, but the madman ducked behind a case that shattered as the bullets smashed it.

"Paige, Steel Wing on Electrode, now!" Alaska shouted as the last of the people ran away, Mark yelling out in the distance. As Alaska moved slowly towards Gideon, grabbing a fossil as she did so for a weapon, Paige quickly flew forward with her glowing silver wings.

"Trode Elec Elec," Electrode sparked, trying to fire towards her, but Paige was too speedy and dived towards it. Alaska watched as the Steel Wing struck with such force that Electrode became dislodged, smashing into the wall before rolling forwards, unconscious.

"Brilliant work there Paige!" Alaska called out in delight, and turned back towards where Gideon should be, based on how Darwin was dancing around one case. However, a sudden white light began to glow behind her, and Alaska turned around curiously. Paige was shining a dazzling white, resting on top of the banner which had managed to remain intact during this whole incident. Alaska's jaw dropped as Paige's wings began to spread, her body almost doubling in height and width, her claws getting longer, her plumage growing longer, before glowing the brightest white yet.

"PIDGEEEEOOOOTTOOOO!" Was the cry that followed, and Alaska's face lit up as she stared up at the banner, Paige the Pidgeotto nestling there with wings outstretched and a proud smile on her face. Dazzling yellow and pink plumage grew out of her head and rear, giving her a very elegant look, matched by her silky brown and cream feathers and serious black eyes. Alaska couldn't believe this was happening, and completely forgot about Gideon as she ran forwards in delight, Paige swooping down into her hug.

"Congratulations, this is so awesome!" She screamed, and the two old friends stayed in their hug, Alaska remembering back to when she got Paige three years ago, never imagining her turning from anything other than an adorable little Pidgey.

"Maaan!" A cry shattered their hug, and Alaska and Paige looked up in time to see Darwin soaring towards them. Alaska quickly caught him and turned back towards the bullet-damaged case, Gideon know standing there looking furious, a black PokeBall in his hand that Alaska didn't recognise.

"You are a fool to have gotten involved in this," he hissed as Electrode was brought back. "You are now involved in a game bigger than anything you could have possibly imagined, and I hope you are prepared for the consequences for your actions today!"

"Um, let's see... I stopped you from killing anyone or from getting the technology you were planning on stealing… I can live with that," Alaska said with a smile as Paige and Darwin tensed up on either side, but Gideon simply smirked.

"Your jokes won't save you in the end, and I know where else I can find the technology I need," he snarled, and suddenly pulled something from his pocket. For a moment Alaska thought it was a gun and gasped, but looked down at the black leather suitcase Gideon had pulled out.

"What's that: notes for how to dress badly and a packed lunch from your mum?" Alaska asked, and Paige and Darwin twittered.

"No, actually it's a bomb," Gideon explained, and Alaska and her Pokemon froze in shock, causing the strange man to laugh. He pushed a button on the suitcase and threw it towards the middle of the room, and than pressed a button on his watch. "You have about a minute. I hope you make it out alive, I would like to kill you with my bare hands," Gideon snarled before suddenly glowing a white much like Paige's evolutionary light. There was a blinding flash and when Alaska blinked, the man was gone. She cursed under her breath, wanting to have defeated him here and now, but there were more pressing matters to deal with and she turned to the bomb. Alaska could imagine a ticking sound coming from something that was otherwise rather harmless looking, and she felt sweat trickle down the back of her neck, fear swell up inside of her.

"Alright, I'm not touching that thing, so I suggest we just run screaming and flailing," she said, and Paige and Darwin nodded, and they moved quickly. Alaska had never been particularly fast, but she found some energy as she sprinted forwards, Paige flying above and Darwin jumping alongside. She knew they would get out of the room and towards the stairs, but getting closer Alaska could hear the noise of all of the days customers moving down below, and came to a halt at the top of the staircase: it would undoubtedly be blocked, meaning she wouldn't get completely out of harm's way in time. Alaska needed to get off this floor quickly though, and looking around, all she could see was the balcony that lead towards the open atrium.

"Shit!" She screamed, looking fearfully back towards the waiting bomb, wondering if she had any time left at all. "We need to get down but I don't know how!" Alaska stared at her Pokemon, not wanting to lose Paige after she just evolved, or Darwin and his strength, or lose now, before she had even won a battle…

"Mankey Man Man Key!" Darwin suddenly jabbered, and Alaska looked up, wiping a tear away as the Mankey grabbed the colourful shield they had passed on the way into the exhibit. Darwin raced forwards, holding it up, moving towards the balcony.

"That's insane!" Alaska screamed, knowing what he was suggesting, and wanted to shout something else, form another plan. But a loud, rapid ticking was sounding behind her for real now, and Alaska knew the bomb was about to go off. "Oh what the hell: we'll die one way or another!" She ran forwards and grabbed the shield, resting it on the edge of the balcony and cautiously climbed in. Paige grabbed her shoulders and Darwin leapt in, and Alaska stared over the side. Her heart stopped and leapt up into her throat as she realised she would fall two whole storeys into the large crowd of people gathering below. She was die and possibly take some people with her… it was madness… who in their right minds would do this, even to save their own life…

"MAN!" Darwin screamed, and jumped on the shield, causing it to tip and sending Alaska's stomach up into her throat, joining the scream she released as her whole tipped, the shield beginning to fall.

Than the bomb exploded.

Alaska couldn't see it, but she felt the heat rise up above her as the shield fell, felt the force of the wave as it struck the shield, but than blanked out to everything else as the shield began to spin. Alaska couldn't even scream, feeling her head and brain bounce around, all her organs being rearranged, her bones clattering together. She could feel something around her shoulders, and for a moment she thought it was something hitting her from the bomb, but Alaska realised it was Paige pulling on her, trying to control the shield. In her spinning, blurry vision, Alaska could see people screaming and running, flashes of giant orange cloud that was stretching across, concrete and marble flying everywhere.

Than, as quickly as it had started, Alaska found herself upright, the world back to its right proportions, and could hear and feel Paige's long wings beating as she tried to steady them. The crowd was running out of the way as the concrete smashed into the ground, and Alaska realised they were probably all running away from her. She then realised that Paige was losing control, and they were now heading straight for the admissions desk.

"MOVE IT!" She screamed, before clutching the metal and shutting her eyes.

"KEEEEY!" Darwin screamed in delight, clearly enjoying the experience.

"OOOOTTOOO!" Paige screamed in horror, clearing not enjoying the experience.

The force of impact shuddered through Alaska's body. She heard wood shatter and felt things battering against her, felt the shield being torn away, felt things tearing her clothes and cutting her, and finally felt relief as Alaska rolled along the floor, finally coming to a rest against something.

Alaska groaned as she opened her eyes. People were screaming and running all around, causing a great deal of noise she didn't need to deal with. She glanced around to find the majority of the admissions desk had been destroyed by the falling shield, which now looked fairly dented. Paige was resting against a swivel chair breathing deeply, while Darwin danced excitedly on the spot, clearly enjoying what happened.

"Well… that was interesting," Alaska mumbled, getting to her feet and swaying slightly as she did so. She watched as more people ran past, and looked up towards the section of balcony she had fallen from, which had now been blown apart. "That was a bloody long fall," she said, and Paige grunted in acknowledgement.

"Ma'am, you need to leave, now!" A familiar voice said, and Alaska turned to see the same person who had greeted her before was behind her, dust from the falling concrete across her uniform. Alaska simply gave her the foulest look she could manage, not wanting to deal with anything after what had just happened. She deserved to be thanked for helping to save people and congratulated on managing to survive, not get hurried outside by some museum tart.

"I think I deserve a refund," Alaska snapped, pushing a button on the still intact till and pulling fifty dollars out. "It wasn't really worth the money after all," she added with a touch of acid, leaving the woman with her jaw dropped. Paige and Darwin laughed as they got back on Alaska's aching shoulders, and she turned and headed for the door. She wanted to sit down and think about what had happened. She wanted to find Mark ask what the hell was going on. She wanted to go on her laptop and post about the roller coaster like fall she'd just gone through.

But mostly, Alaska wanted to find Brock and defeat him. She was pretty sure she was ready for him now.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Default Re: How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps - Chapter Fourteen

@WinterVines@Alaskapigeon

Chapter Fifteen: Getting Down and Dirty in the Dirt

A quick spray of Potions, a brisk check of injuries and a fast run through of moves learnt, with a bit of a surprise, Alaska, Paige and Darwin headed towards Pewter Gym.

Determination burned through Alaska as she walked towards the rock shaped building. After just escaping death so narrowly, and for the second time in a rather short space of days, she was ready to take on Brock. She wanted to show that she had the skills and power to win in battle, and had a perfect strategy in place, based on what she knew about Brock and his Pokemon. Alaska didn't quite know his style, but with her own unique spin, she would easily be able to defeat him.

"Are you two ready?" She asked Paige and Darwin, who were once again on her shoulders. The new and proud Pidgeotto gave a smile and a nod, while Darwin simply glared towards the gym, a steely look in his eyes. "That's a yes in my books. Let's go in and win this first badge!" Alaska took a deep breath, steadying and readying herself, and quickly cleared her mind of all questions about the mysterious Gideon and what had just happened. She took a step forwards, and the doors parted open.

"Back again, I see? Nice to see the sand didn't have too much of an effect on you," the robotic, disembodied voice chortled, causing Alaska to come to a halt. She glanced around again, and Paige and Darwin stared around in confusion, but Alaska decided to ignore it for now and walked determinedly forwards, taking extra care to avoid the quicksand all around her. The lights were out again, but as Alaska thought of something witty to throw in Brock's face, she began to hear a very familiar voice.

"I don't know if he escaped or not, but I imagine with the things he built he would have found a way," Mark Hansom was saying in the darkness. "I am going to contact all the necessary people as soon as I leave here, but just be on the lookout if you see him around, alright?"

"I will call you straight away, but I think we have the person here to answer all your questions," Brock said calmly, and the lights suddenly turned on. Darwin leapt onto the nearest rock as Brock and Mark suddenly appeared: Brock seemed rather calm, but Mark's handsome face appeared stressed as he turned towards Alaska in shock.

"Alaska, how are you, are you alright?" He exclaimed, rushing across the sandy field towards her.

"I'm fine!" Alaska said, ignoring him and staring back towards Brock, who raised an eyebrow at her stare. "I am fine to battle, and I am ready to battle!"

"I can see that," Brock said with a nod. "I notice you know have a Pidgeotto… better than a Pidgey, yes, but not all that better in the long run." His calm but arrogant demeanour was annoying Alaska, and she wanted to shove Mark aside and send Darwin hurtling towards him.

"Alaska, I need to know: did you manage to defeat Gideon?" Mark asked quickly. "I know you want to battle, but I saw the explosion and I must know!" Alaska sighed and figured it was best to answer, just so she could start her fight.

"He teleported away using this watch device," Alaska explained. "He said he knew another place to get the technology, so he must be going there or Mt Moon to get the fossils next." Than Alaska remembered some of the things he had said beforehand that were making her feel slightly worried. "He also said I was involved in a game now, and that I had to be prepared for the consequences of my actions." Mark nodded along to what she said, and tried to look calm and not worried, but when Alaska mentioned another place to get the technology, Mark's eyes bulged open for just a second, enough time for Alaska to see that information frightened him.

"Alight, thank you Alaska! I am sorry for what you had to go through today, and I hope I can make it up for you at some point," Mark said, giving her a pat on the shoulder. For a moment, Alaska was tempted to ask for a kiss, but pushed the joking thought out of her head and began to get her mind back on the battle. "I hope you have a good battle! I need to head back to the museum and check the damage. Brock, make sure you stop by there later," and with a final wave, Mark quickly walked away from the battlefield. Alaska was glad that he was gone: it was now just her and Brock with the sandy, rock strewn field in between them.

"Are you sure you wish to go through with this?" Brock asked as he pulled out a PokeBall. Alaska simply smirked, and exchanged smiles with Paige and Darwin. She had travelled this far and gone through so much already: she wasn't turning back now.

"Bring it on, Rock Head," she called out, and Brock simply laughed.

"Alright then: it will be a two on two match, due to your lack of Pokemon. Let's just hope they are all you need. GO GEODUDE!" He yelled intensely, and the ball burst open: the familiar rock head with bulky arms formed on the field, and Alaska looked down as the Geodude seemed to glare at her rather than her Pokemon.

"Let me guess, this is the guy I hit with my brownies?" She asked and Brock nodded, causing Alaska to laugh. "Excellent, it's always fun to go against old enemies! Darwin, in you go!" The Mankey leapt skilfully forward, landing a few feet in front of Geodude, and the two's glaring eyes met. Alaska was annoyed at Brock's latest dig, and was determined to bring him down at any cost. There was a tense silence for a moment, the two trainers deciding their moves and working out a last minute strategy, but than the match began!

"Tackle to start with!" Brock commanded.

"Easy defeat! Beat him back with a Karate Chop!" Alaska yelled. Geogude came soaring forwards with a push of his hands against the ground, but Darwin was ready and quickly brought his right hand down on the Rock Pokemon before he could get far: the force was enough to send Geodude flying backwards, crashing through a rock and landing near Brock.

"Impressive, but not impressive enough!" Brock called out as Geodude leapt back up. "Rock Throw, now!" Alaska wanted to get Geodude out of the way without tiring Darwin out, and was hoping the Karate Chop would have done more damage.

"Alright Darwin, use Seismic Toss to send the rock backwards!" Alaska ordered.

"GEOOOO!" Geodude yelled, grabbing a large piece of rock that had broken off from his crashing. He raised it above his head and tossed it with all his might. It hurtled through the air like a meteor, but Darwin had his legs bent and was ready for action.

"MAN MAN!" He screamed and jumped up to grab the rock, than using the momentum to do a spin in mid air. Brock simply gasped as Darwin spun around before finally letting go, sending the rock flying back towards Geodude, who was unable to dodge in time: the rock shattered across his face, turning into little bits of stone and dust.

"Excellent!" Alaska cried out in delight, and Paige clapped her wings next to her. "Now get over there and use Seismic Toss on Geodude before he can pull himself together!" Darwin nodded and bounded forwards, leaping off the rocks and soaring through the air like the monkey he was, leaving a worried look on Brock's face.

"Use Mega Punch to blast him backwards!" He ordered. Geodude was dizzy from being hit by the rock, but wiped his face clear and looked towards the leaping Mankey that was coming his way. He raised a rocky left hand that he made into a fist, and began to glow a dazzling white. Alaska knew that a direct hit, even though it was a Normal move, could still badly weaken Darwin, who was gathering speed the further he leapt forwards. An idea quickly formed in her head, and Alaska hoped she could pull it off.

"Darwin, leap up and use your tail to wrap around his other hand, and than use that for Seismic Toss!" Alaska ordered. Darwin gave her the thumbs up and leapt further into the sky as Geodude sent himself flying forwards. Darwin managed to pass just overhead, the glowing fist missing him by inches, and than let his tail wrap around the free hand. Geodude and Brock both looked shocked as Darwin pulled Geodude down and landed on his hands, keeping his tail high. Alaska and Paige began to laugh as his tail spun around like helicopter propellers, turning Geodude into a giant grey blur.

"KEY MAN!" Darwin screamed, and Alaska stopped laughing as she saw him let go: Geodude was now hurtling towards her at the speed of a racing car. She screamed and bent backwards, Geodude hurtling so close to her body that she could feel his flailing limbs whack against her. Alaska fell to the ground in shock, and watched upside down as Geodude smashed into the walkway, sending more rocks flying up into the air, before coming to a stop. There was silence for a moment, and Alaska knew everyone was watching Geodude, waiting for any signs of life, but he simply lay there, as still as, well, a pile of rocks.

"YES!" Alaska screamed, punching the air as she leapt up. Brock looked annoyed as he brought Geodude back, but Alaska gave Paige a quick hug and Darwin the thumbs up, who was bouncing around happily at his win.

"Nice work," Brock called out as he replaced Geodude's PokeBall for his second. "An interesting use of strategy, I am quite impressed by your skill. But now let's see how you handle my second choice!"

"Don't worry, I'm ready!" Alaska called back, feeling more confident now after that successful onslaught of attacks that left Darwin unscathed and fit enough to fight. Brock simply smiled, and he threw his second PokeBall into the air. Alaska expected it to land, but it simply hovered there as it burst open. However, she was left gasping as the energy poured headed towards the ground but also remained in mid air, as if a miniature skyscraper had just been created. The light faded, leaving what frankly looked like a giant pile of rocks piled on top of each other, getting bigger as they went up, and the top one had a jagged mouth, giant white eyes and a bit jutting out.

"ONIIIIIIIIX!" The Rock Snake Pokemon yelled down at Alaska and her team. She had heard from other people and online that Brock usually used an Onix, but the real thing was much more intimidating than Alaska had expected: he looked extremely hard and the height didn't help, nor the rough face glaring and roaring down at them. Compared to this thing, Darwin was a toddler trying to pick a fight with its local playground, and would inevitably end up losing.

"We need to do our best Darwin!" Alaska called out, and her Mankey nodded, though, like her, their confidence was draining away.

"You'll have to fight your toughest to defeat Onix!" Brock called out, sounding more gleeful, though Onix's huge body was blocking the gym leader's face off. Alaska wanted to glare at him, to shout that they would fight into the bitter end, but she needed to keep her cool if she wanted to be in control, and thought of which move to use first.

"DIG!" Brock yelled, and Alaska cursed: if she didn't move fast, she would miss this crucial turn.

"Seismic Toss!" She yelled. Darwin ran forwards, ready to grab onto the very tip of Onix's tail to throw him across the gym, but as he got near, Onix suddenly curved up before diving down with a roar.

"Pidgey!" Pidgeotto squealed as dirt was sent flying by Onix's Dig, his head managing to create a large hole in the middle of the field. Darwin was sent flying by the swinging tail, causing the Mankey to whack against a rock and slump down.

"Get up Darwin, Onix could come back at any moment!" Alaska screamed as the ground shook from the creature rumbling beneath them, the original hole already being refilled from the ground Onix was channelling through flying up and grouping back together. "When Onix comes back up, jump and use Karate Chop to blast him backwards!"

"Man!" Darwin replied, and Alaska smiled too him, but she knew this attack would be a long shot. Dig was a major disadvantage to Darwin, and she just hoped he could pull through. The ground began to rumble even more, and Darwin quickly bent his legs, ready to leap at a moments notice. The ground beneath him cracked, and Darwin went to jump, Alaska crossing her fingers, but the large grey head came roaring out too quickly: Darwin yelled out as he was sent flying upwards, and than struck again as Onix emerged smoothly out of the ground.

"No!" Alaska gasped, watching as Darwin spun helplessly through the air. She looked down and saw Brock was now smirking across at her, glad to have the ball back in his field.

"End this with a Tackle!" He commanded, and Onix responded quickly. Alaska tried to give an order, but Onix simply raised his head as high as possible and brought it down on Darwin. He came soaring back to the ground and struck the field with a surprisingly loud thump. Sand rose up into the air for a few seconds, masking his fate, but Alaska knew what it would be. She sadly pulled her PokeBall out, and looked down at Darwin's unconscious body, mad at herself for letting him down: he stood a great chance at this gym, and Alaska hadn't been able to get him through.

"You did your best, thank you," she said to Darwin as he turned to energy and came back. Alaska took a deep breath in, telling herself not to lose hope: they were both even now, there was still a chance. "Ready Paige?"

"Pidgeotto Gee!" Paige said with a nod, and flapped her wings and took off. Alaska thought she might have gotten scared off by Onix, and could see nervousness in her eyes, but was glad her old friend was giving it a shot.

"Flying types regularly fail here, no matter what strategy you have," Brock called out. "Dig may be useless, but I still have some other tricks in my arsenal!"

"We have our own tricks, so we'll just have to see who is the trickiest, won't we?" Alaska said, and then cursed at how stupid her pun had been. But Brock simply laughed, and looked up towards Paige with his smirk. The Pidgeotto was glaring off at Onix, and Alaska knew her temper would help pull through.

"Rock Slide!" Brock exclaimed, and Alaska swore loudly enough for him to smirk once more, but she knew this move was highly powerful and would be tricky to avoid: Onix was smashing the ground with his tail already, causing the larger rock formations to glow brown, sending bits flying into the sky.

"Dodge them and Steel Wing him in the middle!" Alaska cried. Paige nodded down at her, but Alaska could see she looked rather nervous. The rocks were rising up above her, and Paige quickly flapped her wings, turning them into a shining silver. She began to fly as the rocks began to fall, and Alaska watched intently and in fright as Paige did some amazing aerial turns to avoid being flattened against the ground. Several clipped her wings and one whacked against her talons, but Paige kept flying forwards.

"OOONNNN!" Onix roared as Paige approached, and he swerved his body. Paige managed to hit him, but in the middle like Alaska hoped: the last minute swerve caused Paige to crash into his upper body, tipping Onix backwards but he was easily able to correct himself. Paige soared high above, and Alaska laughed to see how she was taunting him, the Rock Snake unable to extend his body high enough.

"Nice little trick there," Brock said, "but let's see how you like Onix's Bind!"

"You can't reach Paige from up there!" Alaska snapped back. "Fire a Gust and blow this competition away!"

"That's what you think," Brock called out, and Alaska looked at Onix, taken aback by his words. She didn't think it would be possible, but she watched in shock as Onix coiled his body up like a gigantic rock spring, and suddenly launched himself upwards.

"Pidge Pidgey Otto Pidge!" Pidgeotto squealed, flapping her wings in a frantic manner, managing to unleash some wind, but to Alaska it looked as if Pidgeotto was merely trying to shoo Onix away from her.

"Fly away!" Alaska screamed, but it was too late: Onix did a magnificent coiling motion, like he was a giant rocky ribbon that Brock was twirling through the air, and wrapped tightly around Paige's lower body. Her wings were free but Paige was unable to move, being carried back down to the field by Onix and his weight, the tip of his tail stopping them from crash landing.

"PIDGEEEEE!" She screamed, trying to pull free, but Onix simply held on tighter now he was back on the ground. Alaska watched her flailing and squirming, wondering how long Onix would be able to hang on for: if he kept her in his clutches, than the battle could easily be over soon. There was only one move that could work, and that was a new move Paige had learnt in her evolution. Alaska had wanted to test it out, but her desire to defeat Brock distracted her, but if Paige could pull it off now, the win was hers.

"Tight spot you're in," Brock called out, still smirking. "Not many Pokemon are able to win after Onix gets them in their holds! It would be very hard to dodge a Rock Slide now, wouldn't it?"

"Oh shut it!" Alaska snapped, tempted to pull the brownies out and give him a good thrashing, but Onix was already acting, thrashing his tail. Paige had stopped fighting, simply staring towards the raising rocks with a worried look in her eye, and than staring at Alaska with pitiful eyes, almost as if she was apologising. Alaska couldn't let either of them give up yet, and knew they had to try the move.

"TWISTER, NOW!" Alaska screamed. It was an almost perfect move for the Bind: Onix wrapped so tightly around her, the Twister would be able to cause maximum damage. Brock did look a little scared as Paige wiggled and turned her body as much as she could, flapping her wings and trying to generate enough power. The rocks were getting higher though, and Alaska had her fingers crossed, watching as purple energy was beginning to swirl around. Paige's feet were wriggling, and her body was beginning to twist more, just as the rocks began to fall… more energy was forming and spiralling… Alaska and Brock both watched nervously, the outcome surely to affect the battle…

"PIIIDDDGEEEEEEE!" Paige screamed, and broke free in the nick of time. A giant purple Twister erupted around her, blasting through the rocks like a fabulous little piece of convenience. Brock cursed as Alaska cheered, and the spiralling Twister began to send Onix spinning. He seemed too stunned to make any noise, simply rotating around, unable to pull away as sand and loose rocks were sent flying around the gym. After a few moments Paige came to a stop, and Onix fell straightened out and looking rather surprised against the ground.

"Pidgey Pidge!" Paige called out, still spinning slightly from the attack, and Alaska hoped she wasn't confused. She looked down at Onix and saw his eyes were spinning: at least he was confused as well.

"Get a grip and use Tackle!" Brock ordered, his smirk disappearing as he realised the threat that Alaska and Paige could pose, and Alaska beamed widely: they stood a shot.

"Quick Attack and hit him in the eye, than fly around the gym!" She called out. Paige stopped spinning stupidly and nodded, moving forwards like a bullet, the glowing energy wrapping around her. The speedy attack hit Onix directly in his spinning eyes, and he roared loudly and reared upwards, his right eye now firmly shut and the roar causing the entire building to shake.

"You still have one eye!" Brock cried out almost desperately, but as Onix tried to stare around with his left, Paige was too busy darting high above Onix, moving from corner to corner too quickly to manage. She suddenly dived down towards a rock, and Onix quickly bounded forwards, only to fall into Paige's trick. A large rock formation was shattered, and Brock cursed again as Paige soared high above.

"ROCK SLIDE!" Brock bellowed in his desperation.

"Steel Wing, finish this now!" Alaska yelled out. Onix tried to move, but Paige was too close and too fast: Alaska and Brock both watched in shock (happy and angry shock respectively) as the glowing wings smashed into Onix's middle. He let out a furious but weak roar as he rolled over, his tail coming close to hitting Alaska, before collapsing into the sand. Paige landed on a rock in front of Alaska, and the two stared simultaneously at Onix, before looking back towards each other, their smiles unmistakable, their happiness unable to be hidden as they realised what had just been accomplished…

I decided to save Alaska's reaction for her blog, which is coming up next, as that would probably get her emotions across better. There will still be plenty of witty jives taken at Brock though, so don't worry ;) Expect that part in about a fortnight.

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

Default Re: How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps - Chapter Fifteen

Okay I finally managed to catch up.

Well it looks like Gideon is finally making his move, though he's a lot more stubborn than I thought but I wonder what he'll do with Alaska now. Like I told you in the VMs I still think Alaska's reaction towards every cute guy sort of goes against her character at the moment since she hasn't had a lot of character development I know you want to show that she's still a girl but it should at least be harder for her to show that reaction considering her personality at the moment.

I'm glad that she finally won her first gym badge, though honestly I never thought I'd see a flying type actually defeating an Onix but I guess Alaska can pull it off. I'm sad that she didn't use her brownies though xD

Trophies
    Blog Entries

She hasn't fallen in love with every guy, and she does fancy anyone else for the rest of her journey! Don't judge her just yet based on noticing the amazing sexiness of an amazaingly sexy man :P

Look forward for more of Gideon in a few chapters time and his and the producers continued involvement in Alaska's life! And don't worry, she will use her brownies when necessary :P

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

Well with Mark it was okay since he's older but I just wanted to give that advice I'm not saying that you shouldn't show it.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

@WinterVines@Alaskapigeon

Bloog Four: Celebrate the Good Times
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

I did it everyone, I finally did it! THE BOULDER BADGE IS ALL MIIIIIIIIIIIINE! MWAHAHA, I’M NOW ONE STEP CLOSER TO WORLD DOMINATION – I mean, getting to the Indigo League… of course that’s what I meant! :)

Al crazy capslocking aside, I did manage to win my first Kanto gym badge, and I couldn’t be happier! Not only did I manage to defeat both of Brock’s Pokemon (a Geodude who doesn’t like my families baking and an Onix, a Pokemon that is frankly a very dirty innuendo in my mind), but PAIGE, the NORMAL FLYING type, managed to win it for me! I should probably mention the fact she evolved – Paige evolved to Pidgeotto ;)

It was a breath taking battle. Darwin squared off against Geodude, and was able to use all that Mankeying around he does to his advantage and hopped around like his feet were springs, dodging practically every move and getting some powerful hits in. Unfortunately for him, Onix proved too strong and Darwin came crashing down. My only hope left was my feathery new Pidgeotto, and Paige proved herself well: she struggled a bit at first, but used her Steel Wing with excellent precision and execution and her new Twister move to perfection to secure us a win, and I couldn’t be prouder or her or Darwin: they both did such an amazing job that I think I’ll give them some of my brownies as a treat – Oh, they don’t look too happy at that idea. I’ll find something at the bottom of my bag they can eat….

But the best part would have to be the look on Brock’s face when I won. He had being all arrogant about the fact I only had two Pokemon and one of them was a Flying type, and acted as if he was the flashest thing since sliced bread. Well, I must see that added to my joy when Onix fell down in defeat, and Brock looked as if he had just been slapped in the face. He tried to keep all calm and sensible when he handed over the badge and the TM, and I simply smiled and showed him my most courteous side – I think that would have pissed him off more than a comeback, as I think he wanted a chance to get a comeback in. But I’m not just a one trick pony, my glorious readers – I’m a two trick pony, and keep that in mind. I’m sure Brock was when I left the building, as he seemed to be glaring at me when I left. Well, I think he was glaring. His eyelids never seem to move that much… maybe if he had them open more often, he might actually win occasionally – OOOH, BURN, THAT’S RIGHT, I WENT THERE! (Damn… my rapper personality keeps lingering…)

But though this day was full of highs, there had to be some sort of low.

You have probably all heard about the incident at the museum – some guy held some people hostage and detonated a bomb. Thankfully, no one was killed – thanks to me, I say boastfully (but seriously, someone send me a hero sandwich.) But I did have to face of against this completely insane guy called Gideon, who wanted to steal some machines and the fossils. He was obviously off his nutter, possibly on drugs or something, and I wasn’t going to think much about things until he brought his bomb out. I didn’t think until then that this guy was a real threat, but hearing him speak and the fact he had a deadly weapon… it was seriously freaky. Than Gideon sort of hissed at me that I was involved a game now and that I should be prepared for the consequences of today’s actions.

I didn’t stay to linger back there, due to the very large threat of the bomb and the very large thought in my mind that I should be getting the hell out of there, but after I defeated Brock and did my victory dance of delight outside, I began to think about things. Is this incident involved with the robotic Beedrill back in Viridian Forest? I think Gideon was a scientist, so perhaps he is trying to create a huge army of PokeBots… I really don’t know! I just know that things aren’t all that they seem in Kanto at the moment: one or possibly two or possibly more things are going down, the likes we haven’t seen since Team Rocket. I’m going to be on the lookout for any more dodgy going on’s, but if any of you see anything, make sure to let me know!

So when you are off at the local bar, park, milkshake bar, wherever you crazy kids hang out these days, and are celebrating my fantastic win, make sure you are on the lookout for a giant Robo-Golem terrorizing your neighbourhood and scaring your grandma’s. I think I saw those reality stars lingering around, so I’m going to get out of Pewter before their filth and annoyingness poisons the local water supply, just like all reality star’s do. I’ll let you all know how I get on in Mt Moon (hopefully sans-terrorist drama) and will be back with more excitement!

Until next time my dearest, darlingest readers!

Alaska Acevedo, Slayer of Rock Snakes

(P.S. Take my experience as a warning: never go to museums! You may not die from an explosion, but if Gideon hadn’t shown up, I’m sure I would have died of boredom. The only highlight was this sexy guy I met: I don’t usually fall for guys like this, but DAAAAAMN (sorry, gangsta personality again) this guy was smokin’ hot! I know understand why my mother watches all this romantic comedies, as men are pretty sexy beasts. This guy is definitely the hottest I’ve seen so far on my journey, not that he has any competition (that means YOU MR SQUINTY!). Well… no competition, really, but that’s a story for another time, such as when I’m asleep. STOP PRYING INTO MY PRIVATE LIVES! *glares at you all*)

P.P.S: Write shorter P.S’ next time, because my fingers are bloody sore! I need gloves, or lotion…

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

Default Re: How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps - Blog Four

I think I’ll give them some of my brownies as a treat – Oh, they don’t look too happy at that idea.
    Best line ever.

But I’m not just a one trick pony, my glorious readers – I’m a two trick pony,
    Second best line ever xD

No...

(P.S. Take my experience as a warning: never go to museums! You may not die from an explosion, but if Gideon hadn’t shown up, I’m sure I would have died of boredom. The only highlight was this sexy guy I met: I don’t usually fall for guys like this, but DAAAAAMN (sorry, gangsta personality again) this guy was smokin’ hot! I know understand why my mother watches all this romantic comedies, as men are pretty sexy beasts. This guy is definitely the hottest I’ve seen so far on my journey, not that he has any competition (that means YOU MR SQUINTY!). Well… no competition, really, but that’s a story for another time, such as when I’m asleep. STOP PRYING INTO MY PRIVATE LIVES! *glares at you all*)
    I think this whole paragraph takes the cake though xD seriously good blog I think that this is what sets the story completely apart from others.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Default Re: How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps - Blog Four

Im glad you enjoyed the humour of that part: it takes a while to try and think of some good jokes that Alaska would say, as well as trying to further the plot and get her emotions across.

Interlude Three: Thoughts of a Champion

As Red stared at the television, he reminded himself that there was a reason he had stopped watching the news.

He was sitting alone in the bottom floor of the Champion’s House, a four storey building built into the mountains that surrounded the Indigo Plateau. It was regularly refurbished as part of the league’s way of satisfying its champion, and Red currently rested upon one of three identical black leather couches, his attention focused upon a plasma television that was the same height as him. A very flash, very metallic kitchen rested behind him, and an oak dining table, several extremely cluttered desks, a Pinball machine and floor to ceiling glass doors that lead outside were all placed behind him. It was a very nice house, much nicer than anything Red had ever stayed in before, but he quickly got bored with the things down here and spent most of the time he wasn’t battling or travelling on promotional tours training with his Pokemon in an expansive training facility upstairs, the only place were he truly felt himself.

But for now, the television screen was finally giving him something worth watching, even if he didn’t want to know about it.

The reporter, a man in a crisp suit, was standing outside of the Pewter City Museum, discussing how a mad man with a gun had threatened to shoot several people, including Red’s friend Mark Hansom, and was apparently looking for technology and several fossils. It cut to shoots taken on a tourist’s video camera that had been playing when a bomb exploded, causing everyone to panic, an image of something large falling from the blast. It then cut to footage of the fossil display, the reporter explaining how a young girl had fought off the man but prevented him from planting a bomb. Red watched as the camera showed large holes in the walls and floor, the remainder burnt black. The displays lay in ruins on the floor, with several police officers taking pictures of them before the museum staff could move them away.

“This has been a terrible tragedy, especially after all the hard work we had put into finding these fossils,” Mark was telling the reporter, his usual handsome features dishevelled.

What about these rumours of a teenage girl fighting off this man?” The reporter asked, but Mark simply shook his head in response.

I refuse to confirm or deny anything of that nature,” Mark replied, and the image cut back to the reporter outside the museum, giving the latest details to the newsreader back home. Red listened to these facts, but nothing of interest came through, and he simply sighed and turned the television off, leaning back into the couch and groaning.

“Three years… this was all meant to be over!” He groaned, and angrily lashed out at the table in front of him. Several magazines Leaf had left out with him on the cover fell to the floor, and Red was tempted to tear them in two, but knew his girlfriend wouldn’t appreciate that much. He wondered where she was at this moment, wheter she and Janine were watching the news together and how they would react to the news that peace was once again slipping away.

Red leapt to his feet, knowing that he had to do something. Rumours of plots and plans had been revolving around for months, ever since that reality show had been announced. Red hadn’t liked the sound of it, but the league officials had approved it without his consideration, thinking it would be good publicity. Then there had been whispers of disturbances around Chrono Island over the past few days, and the incident with the robotic Beedrill had sent alarm bells ringing, but the Champion hadn’t done anything about it yet. It was his job to help protect Kanto against all threats, and it was time he put things into action.

Playing the hero now, are we? A voice laughed from the corner as Red reached across for a remote. He rolled his eyes as he pressed a button, turning the television screen into computer mode.

“I don’t have time for your views at the moment,” Red called out as he walked up to the computer and brought up a series of files: documents, a special version of the PC Storage System, e-mail and a webcam application. His Lapras smiled as she propelled herself forwards with her flippers, a thin layer of ice forming on the carpet.

What exactly are you planning on doing? She asked. I know you think Gideon is involved, but has Mark contacted you yet? Racing off into battle could prove dangerous – you should take slow steps.

“I would agree with you if I wasn’t already running behind,” Red replied. He was already opening all files in the system about Gideon, and was checking his emails for any contact, but it seemed Mark was too busy sorting things out in his court to contact Red. “The girl can’t get caught in whatever is going on. We must make sure she gets the proper protection,” Red explained, and Lapras simply nodded as she came up alongside.

If your going to protect her, there’s only one route you can go down, She said, and Red sighed and nodded in response. He pulled up the log PC Box and moved it across to the right section, which showed only two Pokemon were located here. Red pressed a button, causing a box to pop up and he typed in several passwords as a laser overhead scanned down his body. The screen shuddered slightly, and suddenly an Ultra and a Master Ball appeared in a slot to the side. Red reached forwards and picked the two containers up, staring down at them as his fingers hovered over the buttons.

You need to do it, Lapras thought. They won’t get captured this time. The girl needs protection. Red simply nodded, still shaking slightly as he threw the balls to a clear space. Light lit up the dark room, and Red and Lapras simply watched as the magnificent ice bird Articuno and the soulful water beast Suicune formed in front of them, sparkles emitting from their legendary bodies. Articuno stretched her wings out to full height and Suicune shook back his long mane, staring around the flash building. Red smiled warmly at them, realising how long a time it had been since he had trusted himself to send them out again. But he slowly walked back to the screen and touched another file, causing an email he had received earlier in the day to appear. It was a security image, showing a girl in jeans and a red shirt, a wide smile on her face as she departed Pewter Gym with a Pidgeotto, no idea of the danger she’d put herself in.

Her name was Alaska Acevedo.

“This girl needs your protection,” Red told to his two legendary Pokemon, and they both nodded. “Find her and watch her from a far. Make sure no one harmful gets near her, and do your best not to lose her: she could be the key to stopping what’s about to happen in Kanto, and I know several people would gladly have her suffer an accident.” Articuno and Suicune nodded, and turned around without another remark. Red knew they were a bit grumpy about being left in their PokeBalls, and hoped they would be able to forgive him after this.
    Lapras’ eyes flashed pink, and the doors magically opened. Suicune sprinted off and leapt off the balcony, whilst Articuno took a running start before taking off into the sky. Red and Lapras moved onto the deck that went around the entire bottom floor, watching as Articuno flew off into the sunset and Suicune ran swiftly down the mountainside. From up here, Red could see the borders of Johto to one end, with wide oceans in between, Cinnabar Island far in the distance, all the way across to Viridian and Vermillion Cities. The view was spectacular, with the golden and pink sunset casting beautiful light across the regions, but Red knew that in a few weeks, it could all be ruined.

Do you think this girl will be able to stop them? Lapras asked. Red stared towards the stadium, the very stadium he had defended himself for so many years, and the surrounding area that had nearly been destroyed.

“I can only hope so. She’s the only damn hope we have,” he sighed, and walked back into his living area, needing to contact Leaf, Professor Oak and Mark Hansom, and whoever else could help. He needed all possible help: if the rumours were true, he was going to be dead in only a few weeks.

Panic echoed around the Dragon’s Den.

None of the people that lived and worked here had ever seen something like this before, not in many years. The many robed people, wearing different colours depending on their ranks and jobs, were fleeing back into their makeshift wooden houses scattered across the rocky area, many people screaming or gathering together children or bundles, not wanting to leave anything behind. They continued to stare back towards the source of their fright: blue lightning bolts exploding out of the house where Clair, the Dragon Elder and elite members slept. The bolts were shooting across the entire den, causing the stalactites on the roof to shudder and shake, and the Dratini, Horsea, Dragonair and Seadra that lived in the blue crystal lake to hide under rocks and in caves. It was like a fireworks display gone wrong, and people could only wonder what was causing it.

Inside the giant central house, things were a lot worse.

Clair, the Blackthorn City Gym Leader, marched determinedly through the many hallways, pushing past people in magnificent purple robes that were fleeing from the central room. The entire building was shaking, but Clair didn’t care about the building that she had lived in for her entire life: she knew what was causing this, and it had to stop before it got out of hand.

“Clair, what’s going on?” A voice whined behind her, but Clair simply waved a hand at her nephew Kieran as she turned a corner, finding the corridor into the central room, where all important meetings and ceremonies took place, crowded.

“Out of my way!” Clair shouted, and people parted as she continued to march through. The heavy wooden doors were closed, but the blue lightning was glowing through and threatening to blast them down. “Spike, what’s going on?” A black haired teenager, aged 18, appeared at her side, his spiky hair clashing horribly with his purple robes, but he had long stopped caring about this and stared at Clair with a grim look. “Is the Elder in there?” Spike looked a bit awkward, and Clair began to seize up, giving him a look that resembled that of her Salamance.

“Yes… there was a blue flash and the doors suddenly closed, and it’s been shaking ever since,” Spike explained. “We’ve tried opening, but it doesn’t seem to be working. “

“You just need to try harder!” Clair roared, and she threw a PokeBall onto the ground. People cleared out of the way as her Dragonite formed, staring between Clair and the shaking doors with an anxious look. “HYPER BEAM, NOW!” Clair screamed, unable to contain herself any longer. Spike gasped, but stepped backwards as Dragonite instantly obeyed his trainer, the energy quickly forming in his mouth. The magnificent doors, many designs of Dragon Pokemon etched into the wood, had been standing for hundreds of years, but it took Dragonite only one second to blast them backwards. The wood moved inwards with the force of the attack, but the blue lightning sent them straight backwards, causing everyone to scream and dodge, the wood tearing straight through the opposite wall. Clair ignored the damage, and peered into the central room, ignoring the lightning flying through, and stared in with horror.

The entire room was glowing blue, lightning bolts emitting from the very center and flying around. All lights had smashed and candles extinguished, the mural on the wall was being burnt, and all the cushions had exploded into bundles of feathers. The only human in there was a short elderly man, lying face down on the floor, not appearing to move. The only other figure was the creature causing all of this, who floated in the middle of the room, glowing a violent blue and staring around peacefully, unaware of the damage he was causing.

“Latios!” Clair gasped, grasping onto the doorway and edging herself forwards. The Eon Pokemon turned towards her and seemed to float backwards, almost in fright. “Latios, you have been dormant for four years, why do you awaken now? Why are you causing this destruction to our home?” Latios stared back at her, still floating towards the glassless windows, apparently in confusion.

I appreciate your hospitality, He said inside all of their heads, and Clair and Spike both screamed, collapsing to the ground and clutching their ears, however, I must go now. I need to find my true master, a master I should have found a long time ago. Please make sure the Crystal gets to them… thank you. Without another word, Latios turned and headed through the windows, taking all of the lightning with them. Clair looked up, the pain in her head lessening, and could see a blue blur heading towards the only entrance and exit, flying away to another life. She leant against the frame in shock, unable to take any of it in. All of these years they had spent caring for Latios’ Enigma Crystal, all of this spent to make sure it remained safe… all worthless.

“Clair…,” a weak voice sounded, and Clair turned around in shock, towards the man lying on the floor.

“Grandfather!” She gasped and rushed forwards, Spike and Dragonite at her heels as always. The Dragon Elder had been growing older and weaker over the past few months, the strength he had once had slowly slipping away. As he lay there, slowly turning painfully onto his back, Clair could see it in his sunken, shaking face that he wasn’t going to pull through this.

“Grandfather, are there any potions we can use, any remedies?” The gym leader asked as tears began to form in her eyes, clutching her grandfather’s hands. The Elder simply smiled up at her and gripped back onto her hands.

“It seems it is my time to go, just like it was Latios’,” the old man said, and Clair held on tightly, shaking her head as the tears began to stream. “Clair, you must keep the Dragon’s Den alive. It needs someone like you to run it, and you’re our only hope. But most importantly, you must make sure Latios is not harmed. He may have led to my death coming only a few weeks, possibly even a few days or hours early, but his destined trainer needs him…” The Elder collapsed backwards onto the floor, his grip loosening off Clair’s hands, and the gym leader began to sob as he she continued to hold her grandfather’s dead hands. Spike simply turned around in respect to give her privacy, while her Dragonite bent down and gave his trainer a hug. Something glittered slightly on the floor, and Spike bent down to pick up the object lying on the carpet: a beautiful stone, coloured almost silver with a glowing blue crystal enclosed in the middle. There appeared to be a crack running through it, and Spike had seen the sister of this Enigma Crystal and knew the crack wasn’t an identical thing.

Whoever Latios’ destined trainer was, the Eon Pokemon seemed very eager to get to them, and Spike had been involved in these things long enough to know that wasn’t good news.

For those who are a bit confused: Clair, Spike and the all things Dragon's Den can be seen in Kris vs Gold, and Red and his Lapras can be found in Red vs Leaf on FF.net, though that story is being rewritten into The First Warriors very soon.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Default Re: How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps - Interlude Three

Chapter Sixteen: This Place Needs a Sweep

"So…. This is Mt Moon... boooooriiiing."

Alaska giggled to herself as her voice echoed around the cavern, but as that faded away, she was left standing alone in the semi darkness, staring around at what she could see of Mt Moon, and was highly unimpressed.

It had been two days since winning the Boulder Badge and leaving Pewter City. Alaska had quickly been in a high over her win, and was tempted to find the reality stars and rub her win in their faces, possibly getting Paige to re-enact hitting Onix in the eye with Chloe. However, after moving along Route 3, Alaska began to feel her spirits lessen. Yes, she was extremely glad to have proved herself and won the first badge, but there were still seven more badges to collect: Cascade, Thunder, Rainbow, Soul, Marsh, Volcano and Earth . Completing this task wasn't going to be easy, and Alaska needed to train harder, get some more Pokemon and do her best to keep her goal going, rather than build up from one relatively easy win and expect the other leaders to fall at her feet.

However, Alaska had at least hoped for something a bit more interesting than this.

Mt Moon looked extraordinary from the outside: a tall, beautiful peak that was about the size of a six storey office building. It's brown rock with foliage dotted around made for a picturesque setting, but it was simply a mask over what the inside held.

Alaska had heard that half of the mountain had caved in back in 2008 due to an incident involving Team Rocket, but she had hoped that things would be fixed by then. Instead lamps were positioned around, casting dim yellow light over signs reading "WARNING: ROCKS FALL WITHOUT WARNING" and "STAY TO THE DESIGNATED PATH", with an arrow pointed towards a path formed by wooden barriers leading past the fallen rocks. Mot of the rocks had been cleared away, but still huge piles of the stuff formed threatening figures all around the area, and half of the cave was still inaccessible. The strict path would take Alaska away from exploring any part of the mountain, and, more importantly, removed a chance of catching any more Pokemon.

"I doubt there are even any more rocks to fall," Alaska grumbled as she stepped gingerly forwards, peering upwards as far as she could with the dim light at her disposal. "What sort of rock takes five years to fall down!" As she spoke, there was a crunching sound, and Alaska had only a second to move before a stalactite crashed into the spot where she had just been standing, the pointed rock shattered to rubble. "Alright… I guess that one then…," Alaska muttered, clutching her heart. She stared back towards the white and red striped safety barriers marking out the safest route, and suddenly found it looking a lot more attractive.

"I can always catch a Pokemon on Route 4. I doubt any of the Pokemon in here would be good for the Cerulean Gym anyway," Alaska reassured herself, and began heading down the barriers. Alaska may do stupid things and break the rules from time to time, but she wasn't going to walk through an unstable environment and risk getting her head crushed by a falling rock.

"Chloe could walk through here with peace of mind, I doubt falling rocks would do anything to her," Alaska said aloud, and begin to laugh to herself as she headed towards a carved tunnel. Her laughter echoed around once more, and Alaska realised that if someone else was in this mountain, they would definitely be making noise. "HELLOOOO, IS ANYONE THERE!" She called out, and listened as her voice echoed in the silence. Alaska laughed and leaned against the barriers, thinking she could have a bit of fun with this. "My name is AH-LASS-KAH AC-AH-VE-DOH!" She shouted, and heard the mountain send it straight back to her. "This mountain isn't very interesting! Hmmm… I need something funny… oooh! LIVE FROM VIRIDIAN CITY, IT'S SATURDAY –"

"AAAAAAAHHH!"
    The scream was louder than anything Alaska had heard, and she turned around to try and find the source of the noise. The scream sounded again and again, and Alaska quickly realised it was coming from behind the piles of rubble in front of her. A roar sounded up from behind them, followed by a crash that caused dust to trickle down from the ceiling.

"Oh shit," Alaska said, and quickly leapt over the barriers. More dust trickled down, and another series of rocks smashed into the ground only a few metres away. Alaska looked upwards, knowing it was extremely dangerous to go charging into something dangerous in such a dangerous environment, but as the scream sounded again, she knew she had to help. Scrambling up the miniature mountain of rocks, which slipped away beneath her feet, Alaska pulled her PokeBalls out, ready to defend whoever was screaming. But as she reached the top, small cuts on her hands and a tear in her jeans, Alaska wasn't expecting what she saw.

An Onix was staring directly at her.

Now, Alaska had never seen Onix as being particularly frightening Pokemon. She had always seen it as a moving pile of rocks that wouldn't do much harm to a girl, and she had always viewed it as a bit of a challenge as a child to try and scale its rocky surface. And after defeating Brock's Onix, Alaska didn't think that one would ever cause her to become frightened.

However, this one was not an ordinary Onix. As it moved backwards, leering down at her, Alaska saw that its head was nearly touching the cave roof, yet half of its body was still touching the ground. This was an Onix supersized: its body was the width of three skyscrapers and the length of two piled on top of each other, with a face so big you could probably land an airplane on their. Alaska looked down at her two PokeBalls and knew that this Onix could probably gobble them up without even having to open its enormous mouth fully. The Rock Snake sneered down at Alaska before letting out another roar, which was much more powerful up close, and Alaska had to clung to a large boulder to stop herself flying backwards.

"I don't want to hurt you!" Alaska yelled, her heart racing. "I'll just go now, leave you to eat whoever that was screaming. Maybe it was your girlfriend or maybe your mother, forget to clean the dishes eh? Naughty boy… ha ha… whoever it is, I probably don't know them and it doesn't even matter!"

"Alaska? Is that Alaska? OI, ALASKA, HI!" A voice yelled out, and Alaska, who had been about to turn around and jump off the rubble, froze in her movements. She let out an angry sigh and glanced back around, wishing she could just ignore who it was and leave them to battle against this large freak of a Pokemon, but Alaska couldn't bring herself to do it and cursed her big heart and general kindness to those who helped her escape from gigantic robotic Pokemon.

"Hi Sandy," Alaska called, and tried to spot the blonde haired girl, but she was nowhere to be spotted. But than the Onix swivelled its body, and Alaska's jaw dropped as she finally spotted her: Sandy was sitting on Onix's body, waving brightly up at Alaska.

"What the hell are you doing there?"

"Battling of course, you big silly!" Sandy laughed. There was a fluttering nearby, and Alaska turned in time to see Butterfree flying past, diving straight towards Onix. It looked as if she was colliding with it, but Onix let out a sudden roar and tipped backwards, much to Alaska's surprise.

"Brilliant Bug Bite!" Sandy shouted, and Alaska was even more shocked: how was the bug move doing any harm to the Onix? "Confusion again, I think we nearly have it!" Butterfree nodded back, and Alaska could see her eyes light up across the dark cave. Onix let out another roar as his body quivered, and he suddenly began smashing his head into the wall.

"Frankly, I'm confused," Alaska grumbled, and went to sit down on the boulder to watch the proceedings. However, the rocks beneath her feet didn't seem willing to hold her up: she screamed as there was suddenly nothing beneath her feet, and Alaska began sliding down the hill of rocks, unable to stop herself. Her feet smashed into the solid ground, and Alaska flew upwards before sprawling forwards, her hands being scraped along the ground as she tried to save herself.

"Oh my goodness, are you alright?" Sandy screeched, and Alaska raised a bloody thumbs up to her and rolled onto her back, reflecting on how things could have gone much better if she had just walked through the tunnel rather than try to have a laugh. She looked up to see Onix was roaring right above her, and realised that a rock could very easily fall down and crush her and she wouldn't even bother moving.

"Move aside Butterfree, it is catching time!" Sandy shouted, and Alaska glanced around as a Great Ball soared through the air. There was no way such a tiny thing would be able to hold a beast as tall and wide as this, but Alaska watched as Onix's final roar was cut off, his body turning blue and being sucked inside. The Great Ball fell down, and Alaska realised too late it would land on her. It managed to wind her as it hit her stomach, and Alaska gasped for breath as it rolled on her stomach.

"OH MY GOD, I'M SO SORRY!" Sandy screeched, rushing forwards and grabbing the Great Ball as it clicked, signalling a successful capture. "I feel so terrible! You must have heard me scream and come to my rescue, didn't you? Oh, your such a good person, and I'm so awful, and –"

"Sandy, just shut up," Alaska groaned as she got to her feet, examining the blood oozing from her hands as she put them to her stomach. "It's not your fault, it's all mine for trying to play the hero. Next time I hear someone screaming, I'm just going to walk away and alert the police, cause frankly, I don't want to nearly get blown up or fall down any more rock hills again."

"Blown up?" Sandy asked curiously, but Alaska simply shook her head.

"Don't worry about it," she said, and put a smile on her face. "Congratulations on your capture, but what on earth gave you the urge to battle such a large Pokemon?" Sandy exchanged a sheepish look with Butterfree before looking back guiltily.

"Well, I didn't know it was an Onix…," she said, and Alaska let out another laugh that echoed around the chamber, realising she should have expected an answer like this. "I've just been travelling around for a few hours and felt like a rest, so I sat down on what I thought was some sort of designer bench! However, Onix then roared, I screamed and sent Butterfree out in an instant, and, well, it seemed like a good idea at the time to battle him, so Butterfree sent out a few Confusions and a Bug Bite. He may look tough, but I think he's just a bit of a baby at heart."

"Just what the world needs: a giant, immature Onix at your faithful hands," Alaska said with a smile, and Sandy and Butterfree both giggled. "Well, once again, good on you for capturing it! Now, I really need to focus on stopping this bleeding… you wouldn't happen to have any bandages, would you?"

"OH MY GOD, PRETTY!"

"I guess not then," Alaska sighed, but Sandy wasn't focusing, instead turning away from Alaska and focusing on something else. Alaska glanced around to see what it was: a trio of pink Clefairy, skipping off into the distance. "How cute. Now, about my hands…"

"I want one!" Sandy said, speaking more to Butterfree than Alaska.

"Free Free," Butterfree responded, staring pointedly at Alaska, but Sandy didn't pick up on the hint.

"Yes, of course their free," Sandy said, rolling her eyes. She replaced her new Great Ball with an empty one, and quickly ran after them. Butterfree gave Alaska an apologetic look, and she simply nodded, having expected this sort of airy behaviour from Sandy after their last meeting.

"We might as well make sure nothing happens to her," Alaska said, and she and Butterfree hurried after her. However, it took less than half a minute to catch up, as they found Sandy standing at a large hole, clearly some sort of entrance.

"They all ran up here," Sandy said, sounding disappointed, and Alaska and Butterfree stared up to see the hole lead to a large circular tunnel, moving upwards to a small amount of light in the distance. Sandy sighed, looking extremely dejected, and Alaska couldn't help but feel sorry for her, and mentally sighed as her voicebox acted before her brain did.

"Why don't we head up, see where they went to?" She suggested, and Sandy's face instantly lit up. Butterfree gave Alaska a look that she interpreted to be the bug version of saying 'Stuff you', but Alaska simply shrugged back as Sandy quickly dived in.

"Come on then, let's get going!" She called. Alaska sighed and nodded, and climbed in after Butterfree. Her stomach and hands still hurt, and her jeans were torn in several places and weren't particularly good for climbing, but Alaska simply decided to persevere, secretly interested to see what other Pokemon might be waiting at the end of the tunnel.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast