Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps - Chapter 64

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Default How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps - Chapter 64

Hello everyone!

The response to this idea was overwheminling (sp? :P) good, and I am pleased to announced I have started work on the story early! I hope you all enjoy the story, and I am sure I can pull it off... somehow :P

How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps

Prologue

September 7th 2007

The island region of Chrono Island had been shaken to it’s core that afternoon.

In the middle of a calm, peaceful day, where the sun, sea and wind were perfect, a huge explosion rose up for the South East of Five Island. The orange and yellow fist gave from one of the, apparently, abandoned warehouses on the town outskirts. It knocked over a dozen surrounding trees, and started a forest fire, causing Pokemon to flee into the skies. But the fire was quickly snuffed, due to a Blastoise and Lapras that appeared out of nowhere. Witnesses told the police later that they saw five figures leave the building, one of whom had sent the Blastoise out. A double battle had ensured, and two of the people were assisted by wild Pokemon. Once the other two had defeated, several fisherman stated they had jumped off the cliff, landing in the waters below. Once the fire had been put out, the other figures flew away on their flying Pokemon.

Several hours later, the police were no closer to discovering who this figures where. The witnesses, who were mainly trainers, had said that they had been more concerned for the safety of the wild Pokemon, and the heat coming from the flames made it hard to see through. The police searched through the ashes, taking pictures of shoe prints in ash, and some pieces of fabric. But the hard part came from entering the warehouse.

The warehouse used to be a grey-blue, two storeys, with a red tiled roof, and was very large, with a surrounding fence and a courtyard. It had been used to house supplies that went to Kanto, mainly stuff for the Celadon Game Corner, who ordered a lot of supplies from here. But several months earlier, the warehouse had suddenly and without notice shut down. Residents of Five Island were curious by this, and some kids had tried investigating it, but a razor wire fence had still been around it, making it impossible to get in. After a few weeks, most people forgot about it, and the warehouse fell into disrepair.

Now, it was beyond repair! Most of the front walls had been blasted out, and there was a huge crater covering most of the floor. The roof had caved in, and the carpets in the offices had burnt up. The wooden frame was black from the flames, and if the warehouse would be rebuilt, it would have to be knocked down and have a new frame. The building now looked sad and useless, and residents have gathered outside to stare at the fallen structure.

Detective Inspector Arthur Reynolds stood in the middle of the warehouse, staring around at the charred structure. He had been one of the top police officers in the Sevii Islands for years, and had headed several investigations into possible arsons amongst other things over the years. And, as he looked around at this building, he felt like something was different.

“John,” Arthur yelled towards an officer a few metres away. A young, blonde haired officer rushed over, and stood eagerly next to Arthur.

“Yes sir?” He asked chirpily. Arthur looked down at him and sighed in his mind. John reminded Arthur of himself at a young age: bright eyed, cheery, ready for the next case to crack. But now Arthur was nearing his fifties, with greying hair and wrinkling skin. And having investigated several grizzly murders hadn’t done well for his mental health.

“I think we should wrap up here for the night. We are losing light here, and I don’t think we can look through black ash in the dark.” The detective explained.

“Shall we keep people on sight to guard?” John asked.

“Err… you and Wilson guard, and I’ll get some other people to help and take over.” Arthur said, and John nodded and rushed off. Arthur sighed and watched him go, and then gave the ruined building one last look, before walking stiffly out of the building.

Once his polished leather shoes had stepped out of the structure, there was a creak. One of the undamaged floor tiles began to rise upwards, pushing the ash and some fallen timber aside. The tile fell backwards, leaving a big square hole. Two hands followed it, gripping the sides as a figure came up.

The man was obviously a scientist: a white lab coat over a plain shirt and tie, dark glasses, pasty complexion, slicked back hair, and was holding some papers nervously. The man had a fresh scar over his left eyebrow, and there was a burn and dirt on his coat. Ignoring these, the scientist checked the coast was clear, and then scuttled over towards some rubble. The room, which now had no walls and the remains of a desk in it, had once been the mans private office, and he had done a lot of work on that table. He pushed roof plaster off the burnt desk, and found a laptop. The plaster had caused the screen to be cracked beyond repair, and the keyboard section had been smashed.

“No no no!” The man hissed, and threw the laptop aside. He looked out through where the doors had been, and saw that the police officers were standing about ten metres away, but they could probably hear him if he made too much noise.

The scientist ran towards a fallen filing cabinet, where a hole had been blasted. Half of the papers inside had been burnt, but severely folders were unharmed. And, a spare mobile phone was in there. The man grabbed it and turned it on, and ‘GIDEON’S PHONE’ came up on the screen. He pocketed it, grabbed the folders, and ran back to the hole as stealthy as possible.

Once he was back through the hole and had pulled the tile back, Gideon turned on a light. He was in a metal bomb shelter, something he had built ages ago as protection. There was a table, with scientific equipment behind some cabinet doors, a bookcase full of fiction and non-fiction, two beds, a fridge, microwave and oven, and a computer and small TV. It would be enough, for now.

“So, what have those brats left for me…” Gideon mumbled, and flicked through the folders. He was annoyed about his lab being destroyed, especially as he had lost his old one when Giovanni had run off. This one had been adequate, but then they had to come and blow it up. And now he had lost most of his files, and all he had left was useless: instructions for certain machines, how to use different computer documents, plans for defunct and impossible projects.

“USELESS!” Gideon yelled, and threw the ones he had searched through across the room. Only one was left, and he reluctantly opened it.

Something fell out his lap.

Gideon was surprised, and held the object up to the light. It looked like a computer disc, but it appeared to be glowing black and purple, and the colours were swirling. Gideon pondered, and then his face lit up.

“Operation Lavender…” He whispered. With an air of excitement, Gideon flipped through the papers. All the instructions, all the lists of resources, all the places to go and people to meet, everything was in here. These were all Gideon needed to complete Giovanni’s Master Plan, the real reason behind everything he had done, including infiltrate Silph Co.

It looked like things would be going to Gideon’s plans after all…

I hope you liked the prologue! Up next, we have the first blog, introducing us to our main character ;) BTW, this story takes place 3 years after the events of Kris vs Gold and Galactic, so it is slightly futuristic.
    Last edited by AceTrainer14; 24th May 2013 at 08:40 PM.

^^^^ The GalacticVerse Bibliography (Thanks to Blazaking for Banner) ^^^^

Blog Entries

Default Re: How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps

Good Job! I really liked this, and I'll definetely keep reading. Just one mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by AceTrainer14 View Post
    “Shall we keep people on sight to guard?” John asked.
    Should be 'site'.

Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

I like this. Will Chapter 1 be told from a first person perspective?

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Super Glitch: Thanks for pointing that out ;)
    Gastly: Yes, it will be. And I am glad you like it

Blog Entries

GIDEON!

I like it. I'll be reading.

Feeling of being watched 99unownoak's Avatar

Overwhelmingly good.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

I am glad the response has been so good :D I plan to post more soon

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Blog One: Introduction

Hello there, internet dwellers.

I figure I should start this off by introducing myself: the name’s Alaska. Alaska Acevedo, to be precise. I am of a mere thirteen years of age, and I currently live in Viridian City, Kanto. I have black hair and I’m short: that’s all you lot need to know *glares at all you creepy perverts*

So, if you have come across this blog, you are probably wondering what this is all about. Most people don’t really put “conquer” in the title of something, unless they are plotting something diabolical, like taking over the world or making more Disney sitcoms.

Well, you’ll be pleased to hear, I am not planning anything evil… unless you work for Silph Television Inc.

I should probably explain a few things first.

Back in 2007, this guy called Red began the champion of the Kanto Pokemon League. And for SIX years he has held the title. The only title I’ve ever had is “Most Beautiful Handwriting” back in the Year One, but I only had that one for a few days (bloody Susan Smith!) ….

Anywho, Red has been the big boss for ages. He is dating this girl, Leaf, also for six years, and they are awesome! People even tried combing their names together, but “Reaf” and “Led” don’t really sell magazines, do they? Leaf herself is current gym leader of my hood, Viridian City Gym. Her cousin, this guy called Blue, had it for a few years, but than this big thing happened over in Cerulean Cave, and he ended up dying…. Awkward…

This probably seems irrelevant so far, but bear with me!

Several years ago, Silph Co, this big scientific company, began work on their own cable station. It has actually been a pretty big success, and they have managed to grab all of the best dramas from overseas.

But, they are also famous for having great reality shows. “Survivor: Mt Moon”, “The Amazing Evolution Race” and the international hit “Next Top Breeder”.

But now they have begun this new one: Indigo Dreams

The whole purpose is this: three teenagers, two boys and one girl, would be given one of the three regional starter Pokemon (Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle), would get entered in the Pokemon League, and then a camera crew would follow them around Kanto. At several cities, there would be some challenges for them to undergo to test their skills. And at the end, the best trainer would be selected to challenge the Elite Four, and eventually Red.

Now, everyone is really excited about it. It has never been done before, and it has already been sold to Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Isshu! I too was excited about it, as I have always wanted to go on my journey, but then two words ruined it.

Chloe Carmichael.

These are the two most disgusting words on the planet!

Chloe Carmichael is this bitchy snob who lives down the road from me. She spends every single weekend have sleepovers for all the girls in the town… except me. I, apparently, am too much of a ‘downer” and my jet black hair doesn’t allow for me to “fit in.” I used to always cry about it when I was younger, but as we all matured, I learnt about what they did: painted toenails, did each others hair, tried on clothes, and played karaoke games, which Chloe always won.

I am a very simple, non-materialistic girl. I do have a PokeGear, as practically everyone does, and I own some CD’s and DVD’s. But I don’t flounce about, waving my parent’s money around and acting like a Barbie doll that got brought too life. I work at the local PokeMart for a living, and I get a special discount on stuff. When I was ten, my father gave me a Pidgey for my birthday. My and Paige, as I nicknamed her, have been great friends ever since, but we’ve never had the courage or the cash to go on our own journey.

Until now!

When I learnt Chloe “Daddy probably bribed the producer” Carmichael would be given the opportunity for a journey, I realised something: why shouldn’t I be allowed to go on one? I have said up enough pay, I have waited long enough! Paige is growing more and more restless, as my mother doesn’t like the idea of me letting her out to fly. So, I am going to go out on my own journey, but I don’t just want to show Miss Priss up.

I have noticed that trainers who always get the regional starters end up becoming champions! Red got a Charmander and a PokeDex from Professor Oak, and now Chloe and her male castmates are getting them as well. I want to take on the league with Pidgey as my starter, and I don’t even want one of those overused, overrated, over-wanted little critters.

So, I have just eight gyms standing between me and glory! Do you think Paige and I will be able to “conquer” Kanto? Please post your thoughts and encouragements, and some cash donations wanted go astray HA HA!

Well, until next time, fare thy well kind readers, and I hope to see some of you on our journeys

Alaska A.
    Last edited by AceTrainer14; 17th January 2011 at 06:49 PM.

Default Re: How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps- Blog One

I like it. ^^ You do a good job of portraying what I would be like if I weren't constantly.....Me. xD I'm excited to read more.
    I speak four languages, help me practice please
    Hablas conmigo en español, por favor
    Vous parlez avec moi en français, s'il vous plaît
    我正在学中文

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Thanks Alasaka :D I hope to have Chapter One up sometime in the next week

Blog Entries

Looking forward to it.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

I am glad you are :D

So, did anyone else like the first blog? Any tips on how to improve it for later ones?

Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hahaha, that was really cool. Very well written, I like the idea of Red and Leaf being like the big celebrity couple, the backstory you've got is cool and Alaska going on a journey with just a Pidgey is quite cool too.

I'm interested to see how the prologue will be fitted into this and, basically, I can't wait to read some mroe!

Brock's Pikachu LightningTopaz's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Wow--I LOVE how you characterize Alaska here! If this blog were real, I would totally read it! Her disdain for Chloe made me want to laugh in places.

If you don't mind, I want to try my own spin on the blog idea...
    My URPG stats: Maya's status

SuBuWriMo status: 28,103 words in all!

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Gama: Thanks :D The prologue will come back, sort of, before the next blog ;)
    Topaz: You can use the idea, I am honoured you have chosen me to base something on :D

Here we go: the story now officially begins!

Chapter One: One Step Forwards

“Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey! Pidge Eeee Eeee Eeee!”

“I’m nearly done Paige, jeez!”

Alaska Acevedo was tapping furiously at the keys to her laptop, finishing the last sentence of her first blog post.

“And… done!” She announced, and clicked the ‘enter’ key. The screen turned white for a second as the page updated itself, but than Blog One had been posted. Alaska’s eyes quickly scanned through it, making sure it was perfect, and then she smiled to herself. Finally, after three years of putting it off, she was going to go on her journey. And this blog was going to be what fuelled her feet.

“Pidgey Pidge Pidgey!” Paige the Pidgey squawked loudly, and fluttered around Alaska’s head. The tawny coloured bird was excited to be going on the journey as well, and began tugging at the collar of Alaska’s shirt, trying to get her to move.

“Alright, alright, I’m coming!” Alaska laughed, and she stood up, grabbing her rich purple laptop, which has a blue Silph Co logo on the back.

Alaska looked around her cramped room as she stood up, while Pidgey fluttered overhead. The walls were a simple white, with nothing attached to them. Her single bed was in a corner, with her green and blue sheets in a mess. A home-made bookshelf was in the corner, but Alaska had grown out of most of the books on the shelf. Her desk was also homemade, and the chair she sat on had to be borrowed from the dining table. The Acevedo’s were, quite frankly, poor. Alaska’s father, William, used to be a technician at the Pokemon Center, but had been laid off due to budget cuts. Alaska’s mother, Robin, now had to work as manager of the PokeMart and a nurse at the Pokemon Center to help ends meet, as William spent all day on the coach, watching whatever was on TV. He hadn’t said a word in over seven months, and his health was deteriorating as he put on weight. Alaska worried what would happen to her family while she was gone, but decided not to let that put her off.

A tatty black bag sat on her bed, which had several changes of clothes, some Pokemon supplies from the mart, a black bathing suit, a bag containing a single person tent, a sleeping bag and pillow, and a novel to help pass the time. Alaska picked up her laptop, slipped it into a hard plastic case, and then placed it in with everything. Paige was already pecking at the doorknob, waiting for Alaska to hurry up.

“You should say goodbye, we aren’t going to be back for a while.” Alaska explained to Paige, as she looked around her horribly cramped room.

“Pidge Pidge, Pidgey PIDGE!” Paige wailed, and began fluttering around anxiously. This was the most she ever got to stretch her tiny little wings, and Alaska felt sorry for her. She quickly grabbed Paige’s PokeBall, zipped up and picked up her bag, and finally opened the door.

The Acevedo household was in a bit of disrepair. The white wallpaper was peeling, the carpet was dirty, and there was dusty forming on a small table, which had several plastic flowers in a jar. As Alaska and Paige moved through the house, they passed the foul smelling bathroom, and came out into the kitchen, which had dirty dishes in the sink, an overflowing rubbish bin, and filthy spots all over the surfaces.

“Dad, are you up?” Alaska called, as Paige flew towards a wooden post that was hers. There was no verbal response, but there was a sudden blare of music. Alaska smiled, and strode quickly towards the family room.

The dark green, mouldy curtains were drawn, the lights were off, so the only light came from the television, with flickering images of a pop star’s latest music video. William Acevedo sat a fading red arm chair, staring at the screen. The man, who had once been fit, handsome and with a full head of hair, had gone downhill in the past few months. His gut now hang out of his singlet and over his pants, his black hair was going grey, and a beard was growing like a parasite over his aging face. William looked at Alaska as she walked slowly into the room, looking a bit uncomfortable.

“Hey. I’m just heading down to the Pokemon League to register. I should be back in an hour, when Mum and Freddie are home, alright?” Alaska explained. William just nodded, and looked back at the television screen. Alaska sighed, and walked out of the room, and soon out of the house.

Half an hour later, Alaska was strolling down Route 22, heading West towards the Pokemon League. It was midday, so the sun was shining high above the route, but it was very quiet. Summer wasn’t usually the time of year people started their Pokemon journeys, so the grassy route was empty. Alaska stared around at the rocky wall that made up Victory Road to her right, while tall green trees and long grass stood to her left.

“Isn’t this beautiful weather?” Alaska called up to Paige. The Pidgey was flying high above her, soaking up the sun and enjoying being out and about.

“Pidgey Pidgey!” She cried, and did a loop-de-loop, making full advantage of all the open air available to her. Alaska laughed, and continued walking. She had left all of her stuff behind, planning to collect it as she headed back into Viridian. All she had with her was her identification forms, which she needed for the registration.

Ten eventful minutes later, where the only real change in scenery was a small pond containing some playful Poliwag, Alaska was beginning to grow bored of walking.

Hopefully I’ll be able to improve over the next weeks, otherwise I’m screwed! Alaska groaned inside her head, and looked up at Paige. The Pidgey was going on ahead, and flew over a row of trees that blocked the league entrance building.

“Oi Paige, wait up!” Alaska shouted, and began running as fast as she could. She was dressed in a plain red shirt, denim jeans and three-year old trainers that were a bit too small, so it wasn’t the best outfit for running. But Alaska ignored this, and tried desperately to catch up to Paige. She turned right, following several helpful signs, and plunged into some long grass.

Everyone knows about the long grass. These patches of green that needed a good mow were the homes of numerous Pokemon. As there was nowhere else for wild Pokemon to wander, without the risk of being ganged up on by trainers, poachers or anything like that, they began building nests in trees, lakes, ponds, the ocean, caves and grass. This way, they were able to have the advantage over trainers, and battle them when they felt like it. People respected their views, so those without Pokemon always stayed clear of these areas, and Pokemon, in return, didn’t attack them.

Alaska was very cautious about stepping into the long grass: you never knew if you’d get no Pokemon or a lot of them. And with Paige flying away, that made it more risky. She took several steps forwards, looking anxiously around. A Ponyta was chewing grass by the trees, while, several Rattata ran by the lake. The Ponyta glanced over briefly, but went back to enjoying it’s lunch. Alaska sighed, and ran briskly out of the grassy patch, before sprinting down the road.

She froze as she approached the League Building.

The Indigo League Headquarters had a fantastic building. It had earthy brown coloured walls, with mirrored glass windows so you couldn’t peer in, and a grand stone staircase, leading up to huge sliding doors. There were several grey pillars supporting an extra part of the roof. And, on this extra part, was the current logo: the silhouette of a trainer, with a PokeBall embedded on their chest, while a jet of fire, several leaves, and a waterfall surrounded them. These obvious references to Charizard, Venusaur and Blastoise brought Alaska’s elation down a bit, and made her more determined to do what she had set out to prove.

“Pidgey Pidgey!” Paige soared happily out of the sky, and landed smoothly onto Alaska’s shoulder. Her pink beak was currently in a cute smile, and the brown feathered Pokemon looked very happy. Alaska smiled, and gave her a hug and a stroke.

“I’m glad that I’ll be doing this with you.” Alaska whispered.

“Eee Pidge!” Paige agreed, and pecked affectionately at Alaska’s ear. She laughed, and began walking up the steps.

A few moments later, the doors had parted, and Alaska was in the grand entrance hall. The walls were painted the same colour as outside, and had a matching red carpet. Black leather sofas and armchairs were against the walls, and there were two desks on Alaska’s right: one had a nurse behind it, with a large metal box and a computer, while the other had a smiling man with a cash register and several stands of Pokemon supplies.

“Wow, this is a really big hall!” Alaska gasped, and looked up at the crystal chandelier above her head. She began walking forwards, and saw what she was looking for: at the opposite end of the hall, there were two guards standing by another set of sliding doors, but next to them were two more deaks. One was for trainers to come and show their eight badges, and have their record checked and confirmed, while the other was a registration desk.

Alaska rushed towards it, with Paige taking off to flutter ahead. The man at the desk looked up as they approached, and he smiled warmly at them.

“Hello there, how may I help you?” He asked. He was going grey, had half-moon glasses perched on his crooked nose, and was wearing an old green jumper.

“I’m here to sign up for the Indigo League please.” Alaska stated, as she stopped in front of the desk.

“Well, it is lovely to see someone willing to do it!” The man said with a beam, and quickly typed something on his laptop. “Now, you will have to fill out some forms, have a picture taken, and then we can make your trainer card, give you your badge case and some PokeBalls to start off with!” Alaska nodded, and smiled at Paige. She was about to become a trainer!

One hour later, Alaska began walking back down the route, practically dancing as she held her trainer card in the sky.

“I’M A TRAINER! I’M A TRAINER!” She shouted, and spun around in her joy.

“PIDGEY PIDGE!” Paige cried as well, and she twirled about in the air, making Gusts of wind around her. Alaska laughed and danced with joy, and looked up at Victory Road.

I’ll be back here, and I will become the Champion of Kanto! She thought, and smiled proudly. Paige began to fly over the grass, causing the Ponyta from before to run away in distress. Alaska heard splashes as a school of Goldeen moved away from Paige, and she walked forwards.

“Paige, don’t annoy the wild Pokemon, they don’t seem to like it!” Alaska scolded.

“Pidge Pidgey Pidge!” Paige huffed, and began circling a tree.

“Come on, just come here and let’s head home!” Alaska shouted. The Pidgey just poked her tongue out, and dived into the branches of the tree. Alaska sighed, and walked towards the tree. It was towering over her, but she had to get hold of Pidgey. But before Alaska could get close, there was a loud screech. Paige rocketed out of the branches, and was followed by a white ball of fluff.

“What the-” Alaska gasped, and stepped backwards. The ball of fluff landed, but limbs and a tail shot out. The Pokemon stood poised, its eyes narrowed over its brown nose.

“It’s a Mankey!” Alaska gasped.

“Man-KEY-KEY!” The Mankey screeched, and slashed at Alaska. She jumped backwards, and the long claws missed her.

“All right, that’s it!” Alaska snarled, and pulled a PokeBall out. Paige flew down to her shoulder, and Mankey glared at the Pidgey.

“No one claws at me and gets away with it!” Alaska yelled. “Paige, Quick Attack!” Paige rocketed forwards, streaks of energy formed around. The Mankey leapt forwards, ready to unleash more Fury Swipes. Alaska simply watched, ready to catch her first Pokemon.

Up next:
    Alaska continues her battle with Mankey, and meets up with several annoying neighbours

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast