Hidden Projects Serial

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hidden Projects Serial

Blog Entries

Default Hidden Projects Serial

Chapter 1
    Torrie

It was 11:57. Torrie Lycathroe was three minutes from ten years old. Every cell In his body was tense. Sweat ran down his face. In three minutes, he would be free from this dreary existence in Pallet Town. In three minutes, he would be free to adventure as far as he wanted. In three minutes, he would be eligible to become a Pokemon Trainer.
    Now, it was 11:58. Two minutes. He turned to the sleeping form of his best friend, Seth Infernus. Seth was about Torrie's age, only two weeks older. Seth would have been already out in the world, training and befriending Pokemon, if it weren't for his Pokemon choice. Seth had wanted Cyndaquil, and Professor Conifer had to order one from Johto. It was, coincidentally, on Torrie's birthday, that it would arrive.
    Torrie was living with Seth for a reason. Torrie's parents had split up when he was eight, and left him alone, so he went to live with Seth, who was to this day his best friend.
    11:59, and about 30 seconds until his birthday. Torrie held his breath.
    25... 24... 23...
    He could hardly wait. He would finally be free!
    18... 17... 16...
    Was his watch broken, or had time slown down? He couldn't tell.
    11... 10... 9...
    Stupid watch. It had to be slow.
    5... 4... 3...
    Torrie braced himself.
    2... 1...
    “YES!!!!!” Shouted Torrie. He began to bounce on his bed, to toss streamers into the air, to...
    “Ouch!”
    The alarm clock next to Seth's bed had been casually tossed at Torrie's head. Seth was up in bed, looking royally ticked off.
    “Alright, so you're finally ten. Whoopdee-doo. Now, can't you celebrate in the morning?” Seth asked, testily.
    Torrie went back to bed, grumbling. “By the end of tomorrow, I'll have chucked something a you!”
    Inside, though, Torrie was smiling. He was legally allowed to be a Pokemon trainer!

8:00, August 9th, 200*
    Torrie woke up with a pillow in his face. He spat out some bits of fluff, and stared Seth in the eye.
    “What was that for? I-”
    “Shut up and get a move on! We're almost late, and someone else might get my Cyndaquil!”
    Torrie looked at the clock, and gave a start.
    “Well, then, we'd better get a move on! Let's go!”
    Torrie shot out of the room, just as Seth shouted, “Wait, Torrie! You're still wearing yesterday's clothes!”
    Torrie ran down the street, far ahead of Seth. Professor Conifer's lab was just down the street! He just had to make it there! He put on an extra burst of speed and-! tripped and fell flat on his face.
    Seth finally caught up with him. “Now, Torrie, are we ready to get our Pokemon like sensible people?”
    Torrie looked up and nodded. “Yeah, Seth. Whatever.”

Blog Entries

Default Re: Hidden Projects Serial

I'll update this weeky, as opposed to my deviantART, which updates bimonthly. This is a different thread than the original, but it'll be the same content.

Blog Entries

Chapter 2
    Adventure's Dawn

Professor Conifer was a tall man, in his mid- forties. He had taken over for old Professor Oak, who had retired some ten years ago.
    He had seen Torrie running down the road, and headed into his back room, to get the two Pokeballs that Seth had ordered two weeks ago.
    Torrie, meantime was picking himself up. Seth was glaring at him.
    “Way to make an entrance, Torrie. If the professor has given away my Cyndaquil, you will face death by fist.”
    Torrie opened the door, and saw Conifer waiting for them.
    Seth ran over to the professor. Torrie heard him whisper, “Do you have it?”
    Conifer nodded. Seth asked another question, “Did you gift-wrap the other one?”
    Conifer nodded again. Torrie's heart began to beat fast. Had they gotten him...?
    Conifer disappeared into his back room. He came back carrying two packages; one gift-wrapped, the other not.
    He tossed the gift-wrapped one to Torrie, and the other to Seth.
    Seth opened his box, and pulled out a Pokeball. He opened it, and Cyndaquil popped out. Conifer spoke up. “Cyndaquil, the Fire Mouse Pokemon.”
    Torrie muttered, “He didn't”, and tore open the package. Inside was a Pokeball. He promptly opened the ball up, and a Mudkip popped out.
    Conifer smiled, and said, “Mudkip, the Mud Fish Pokemon.”
    Seth grinned. “Happy Birthday, Torrie.”
    Torrie looked up, shocked. “Thanks, Seth, but how did you get your hands on it?”
    Seth grinned. “I ordered both on the same day. Thank God that Kanto and Hoenn are an equal distance apart.”
    Torrie nodded, and spoke to the Mudkip. “I think that I will name you...”
    He paused for a moment, then finished with, “... you know, I don't think that I need to name you.”
    He turned to Seth, and said, “Are you ready to go? Or do you have something else to do first?”
    Seth nodded. “We need to go get our Trainer's Licenses, and get some items.”
    Torrie returned his Mudkip, and followed Seth out of the door.
    Professor Conifer turned back to his work, and muttered, “Not so much as a 'thank you'. Kids these days...”
    About three hours later, Torrie and Seth were heading down Route 1, towards Vidran City, and Torrie felt great. Seth looked ahead, and shouted, “I see civilization, Torrie! We're almost there!”

Blog Entries

Chapter 3
    Attack!

The night after their stay in Vidran, they set up camp just outside of Vidran Forest. Seth was weary, after a long day of Torrie messing up directions. All that he wanted to do was rest.
    Unfortunately, that couldn't happen.
    Seth woke up. He heard something coming from the forest, and woke Torrie up.
    “Torrie, there's something outside!”
    Torrie rolled over. “Are you sure that it isn't just a Spinarak or a clumsy Parasect?”
    “It's too big to be a bug. Just come out with me and have a look.”
    “Oh, fine. You aren't going to let me sleep, anyway, if I don't.”
    Seth poked his head out of the tent. “There's a Houndoom out there.”
    “Okay, a bit intimidating, but aren't most Houndooms friendly?”
    “I don't know! Ask your Pokedex!”
    “I don't have one! I rushed out the door this morning, remember?”
    “Whatever! All I have to say is that the Houndoom gives me a very bad feeling.”
    “You're a wimp, Seth. I'll go out, and prove that there's no threat in that Houndoom.”
    Torrie stepped out of the tent, and there was silence for a moment. Then, Torrie's voice rang out.
    “Hey, Seth, what's with the weird black aura around-Auggh!”
    Seth dashed out of the tent, and saw that the Houndoom was mauling Torrie. Its claws flew; its teeth flashed; and all the while Torrie screamed at the top of his lungs.
    Seth ran forward, and began swinging his bag. Admittedly, his bag only had a few Pokeballs, a Potion, and clothes, but it was bulky enough to send the Houndoom running back into the forest.
    Seth ran over to Torrie. Torrie's face was relatively okay, but his arms were badly scratched up. It looked as if Torrie had managed to block most of the scratches to his arms. However, Torrie could still die from blood loss.
    Seth began to think. Where was the nearest hospital? The only thing that came to mind was the Pokemon Center. Now he really wished that he had payed more attention at school. Did Pokemon Centers have wards for Pokemon-inflicted injuries?
    Seth began to run South towards Vidran City. He hoped that he was right about the Pokemon Center.

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Where's Vidran? Is it like Viridian?

Blog Entries

You need more description, you need to separate your paragraphs with a blank line, you need to leave out the silly asterisks, you need to fix your grammar and spelling errors, you need to make the story more interesting, you need to cut out all the repetition, you need...

a heck of a lot. Work on it, okay? My praise is that Torrie Lycathroe is a bad-ass name. Love it.

Hi, I'd like to transform you into a yeti.
    Don't pay any attention to what they write about you. Just measure it in inches.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Palazzo View Post
    Where's Vidran? Is it like Viridian?
    I started writing this two years ago, before I discovered Bulbapedia. I had initially thought that that was how it was spelled. I left the typos in to see if people would notice them, but I soon forgot about them. You will, however, notice that after chapter 5, the typos vanish for the most part.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zephy Changes View Post
    You need more description, you need to separate your paragraphs with a blank line, you need to leave out the silly asterisks, you need to fix your grammar and spelling errors, you need to make the story more interesting, you need to cut out all the repetition, you need...

a heck of a lot. Work on it, okay? My praise is that Torrie Lycathroe is a bad-ass name. Love it.
    I started writing this a few years ago. You'll notice some rapid style change over the next twenty chapters. Thanks for your critique.

It wasn't much! Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

So you're saying you wrote this chapters a few months ago but didn't edit them, wow deja vu

Blog Entries

Red face Re: Hidden Projects Serial

Quote Originally Posted by Bladewarrior View Post
    So you're saying you wrote this chapters a few months ago but didn't edit them, wow deja vu
    Yeah... I'll make a bit more of an effort next time around.

Blog Entries

Chapter 4
    Discussions of the Past
    Torrie woke up with his arms on fire.

He dimly remembered being attacked by a Houndoom. He technically should have bled to death. So why did his arms hurt? He should be at total peace.

He opened his eyes, and had a look around himself. He was in what appeared to be a hospital wing. He saw Seth sitting in a chair across the room.

“Hi, Seth.”

Seth nodded.

“Where exactly am I?”

“You're in the Viridian City Pokemon Center. Usually, they don't have a wing for Pokemon-inflicted wounds, but after they saw you, they made an exception.”

Torrie looked down at himself. He looked mostly okay, except for the twenty-odd scars on his arms.

Seth pulled out a mirror. “It's only fair for you to know. It got your face a bit, too.”

Torrie grabbed the mirror, and breathed a sigh of relief. Seth had made it seem as though his face was incredibly scratched up, although he counted a grand total of three scratch marks under his left eye.

Seth leaned forward. “Torrie, you said that the Houndoom had an eerie black aura around it.”

Torrie nodded. “It was weird. The aura almost looked like a wreath of flames around its body.”

Seth looked shocked. “Torrie, don't you know what attacked you? That was a shadow Pokemon!”

“A what?

“Torrie, you really didn't pay attention in history class, did you?”

“Shut up and enlighten me, Seth.”

“About 14 years ago, the region of Orre was slowly being taken over by the criminal organization Cipher. Their main tools were Pokemon whose hearts had been artificially closed.”

“Tools? You talk as is they were machines or something.”

“They were as good as. They were vicious, sometimes even attacking their own trainers.”

“So that's why it attacked me!”

“Yes. There is no other possible answer, although it is odd that one should come as far as Kanto without being caught, or purified.”

Torrie nodded. “Right then, let's go.”

He started to get up, but Seth pushed him back down. “You need your rest. Who knows how much blood you've lost?”

Torrie sighed. “Really, Seth. I feel like I could wrestle a Tauros about now.”

Seth jabbed Torrie's arm. Torrie cried out in pain, and Seth nodded.
    “Right now, you're in no fit state to wrestle a piece of lint, let alone a Tauros. When you are fit again, we'll go to Pewter City.”

“No, really! I feel fine!”

“Just get some rest, and I won't get Nurse Joy to lecture you on the importance of berries.”

Torrie laid his head back, and fell asleep again, hoping that this time, he wouldn't wake up in pain.

Blog Entries

Chapter 5
    Pewter City (Finally!)

One week had passed since Torrie was hospitalized. Through that time, Seth had stayed by Torrie's bedside. Now, Nurse Joy had finally delivered the verdict that Torrie was well enough to start traveling again.
    Torrie pulled his backpack on, and looked at Nurse Joy.

“Now,” she began, Don't engage in any strenuous activity, don't throw your Pokeballs too hard, and come back if your arms start bleeding again.”

Torrie nodded, but didn't really listen. Five minutes later, he was out the door, with Seth close behind him.
    Torrie had heard that Pewter City was big, but in reality, it was huge. He could barely see the other end of the city from where he was standing.

Seth nodded to Torrie.

“Are we going to get the badge, or what?”

Torrie nodded.

“Just check your party first. Last I checked, your Cyndaquil wasn't so hot against Rock-types.”

“Torrie, you just don't pay attention, do you? I caught a Caterpie and evolved it into a Butterfree for this purpose!”

“Okay, don't yell at me! Let's get that badge already!”
    About twenty minutes later, Seth and Torrie were reminiscing about the battle.

“Did you see Brock's face when Butterfree used confusion on his Onix? Classic!”
    Torrie chuckled. Seth continued.

“And when your Mudkip evolved into Marshtomp? I thought that his eyes might open! Of course, that means that they'd probably fall out...”

Seth paused. “So, what do you want to do next?”

Torrie checked his watch, and looked at Seth. “I dunno. What do you want to do? We have all day.”

Seth smiled. “I knew that you'd say that. How about we go to the museum? I heard that they've got an exhibit on Pokemon Evolution.”

Torrie looked in his wallet. “I don't know... I don't have enough money.”

“How much do you have?”

Torrie checked again. “45 Pokedollars. I blew most of my savings stocking up on Pokeballs.”

“Are you out of your mind?!?!? You should have thought ahead!”

Torrie sighed. “Well, how much do you have?”

Seth looked awkward for a moment, then answered through gritted teeth, “25.”

“Right, we're both crazy. So how do you propose we get in?”

Seth thought for a moment, then answered, “The back door. It's not like someone'll notice, right? We get in free of charge, and no one will ever know the difference.”

Torrie sighed. “How to tell you're going insane,” he breathed to himself. “Listen to Seth and like what you're hearing.”

He turned back to Seth. “Okay, we'll try your idea. But if we get caught, I won't stand up for you in court.”

“How cheerful. Now, follow my lead.”

Seth snuck quietly over to the hedges, and rolled underneath of them. Torrie silently followed suit, and caught up with him. He whispered, “Next phase?”

Seth nodded. “Straight ahead, Torrie! There should be a door.”

Torrie ran ahead, and nearly fell all over himself when he saw that there were two doors. He turned to Seth.

“Right! Which door?”

Seth skidded to a halt, and clapped his hands over his face. “Oh, great! Two doors? Now we have to hassle ourselves figuring out which door to take!”

Torrie nudged Seth, and muttered, “Idiot! All we need to do is decide on a door with a coin toss. Left or Right? Heads or Tails?”

Seth thought for a moment. “Left and Tails.”

Torrie tossed a coin, and checked which side was up. “Left.” He stated.
    Last edited by Pokenutter; 5th August 2009 at 09:54 AM.

Blog Entries

Chapter 6
    Enter… Team Bio!

Torrie opened the door and utter blackness met his eyes. He turned to Seth. “You first.”

Seth grumbled for a moment about how unfair Torrie was being, but went ahead all the same. Torrie closely followed suit, and soon, the two were completely in the dark, bumping into walls because they couldn’t see a foot in front of their faces.

They wandered like this for a few minutes, and then Seth spoke up. “I think that I see a light up ahead.”

Torrie chuckled. “Oooh, head toward the liiight, Seeeeth…”

“Oh, shut up.”

They began to walk towards the light, until finally, they reached the source. It was a huge complex, about three of four hundred feet across. It was circular in shape, with several different balconies jutting out of the sides. Steel girders hung above large, simmering vats of some strange green liquid. The occasional armed man paced around the room.

A moment later, a red laser light flashed across their shirts.

“Don’t move a muscle, boys. If you do, I’ll shoot you.”

One of the guards had noticed them, and was walking towards them.

“Keep your hands where I can see them. Keep them out of your pockets!”

Torrie pulled his hand away from his pocket, where he had been hoping to reach his Pokeballs.

“Now, march forward, and I won’t have to kill the both of you.”

He marched them past all of the stuff in the room, and down a flight of stairs, into what looked like a holding cell.

“Now, stay here, and wait. A guard will be here in a few minutes time. You two… I don’t know who you are, but you definitely won’t have to worry about discovering us for a while.”

Torrie finally spoke up. “But who the heck are you people?”

The man paused for a moment. “We are Team Bio.” Then he left.

Seth turned to Torrie. “Who the ding- dong are Team Bio?”

“I don’t know, Seth. I don’t know.”

Blog Entries

Chapter 7
    An Ill- fated escape

Torrie and Seth sat in that cell for what seemed like days. After a tough- looking German guard named Dieter started watching them, they began to wonder if they would ever escape.

About five hours after they were captured, they heard Dieter let out a grunt, and then his fall was announced by the floor shaking.

Torrie and Seth looked up and a girl was standing in front of the cell.

Torrie could tell that she wasn’t much older that them, but she had a certain air about her. An air of confidence, of knowing, of wisdom…

She whipped out a key, and unlocked their cell. She spoke to them.

“Hurry up and get out of here. It won’t be long before they see that someone knocked Dieter out.”

“Excuse me,” began Seth, “but who the heck are you?”

“A friend,” she answered, “but I can’t tell you my name.”

Torrie and Seth dashed out of the cell. Torrie turned, and was about to thank her, but she had oddly disappeared.

Torrie glanced down, and immediately wished he hadn’t. He was suspended 50 feet over a boiling cauldron of what looked like toxic waste.

He and Seth had decided to make their way towards the exit via the large, steel girders that hung from the ceiling. Seth had the problem of being slow, but careful, Torrie being quick and loud, so they were actually making little progress. It was as Torrie considered these things that he slipped.

He had fallen from the girder, and was falling towards one of the vats of liquid. He hit with the most tremendous splat.

His first thought was, “Oh, my God, I broke my neck!” Then, he realized that his neck was intact due to the fact that he was still thinking. His final realization was that he was floating in the strange liquid.

Every pore in his body suddenly burst into pain. It was a pain beyond pains, consuming his entire being. He took one moment to check out his arm, and was surprised to see that the scars on his arm were healing. A moment later, the pain was gone, and Torrie realized that he was running out of breath. He swam to the surface, and took several long, deep breaths. Suddenly, an unexplainable rage filled his soul, and he blacked out.

Seth had his hands up in the air and a rifle pointed at his back. The moment that Torrie had hit the liquid, there had been a dozen laser points aimed at his chest. He had been herded down into an underground cell, and tied to a table.

Gunshots suddenly sounded from the front room, and two men rushed into the room, and slammed his cell door. One of them paused to catch his breath, and then produced a 17-inch knife.

“Hello. You only need to know one of our names.” He brandished the knife at Seth.

“This is Mr. Splice.”

Blog Entries

Chapter 8
    Man Vs. Machine

Torrie slowly came back to consciousness. His entire body was wet, and he didn't know why. Oh, that was right. He had fallen into that thing of chemicals. He opened his eyes.

What he saw made bile rise in his throat.

Every Team Bio peon in sight had their throat ripped out, or a similar fatal injury. He was literally sitting in a pool of blood.

He was just beginning to grasp what had just happened, when a light popping sound interrupted his thoughts. The same girl had just teleported in. And- was that a Mew that she was holding?

“I see that you are finally awake.”

Torrie stammered, “D-Did I do this?”

The girl shrugged. “Maybe.”

Torrie couldn't believe his ears. “Be straight with me! Did I do this? Who are you? Who are Team Bio? Where did Seth go?”

The girl smirked. “You really want to know? Catch me first. Find the place where I call home. Come there alone. Then, I will tell you. Also,” she continued, “remember always the phrase, 'Project Jade'”

Then she teleported away, leaving Torrie to his confused thoughts.
    Torrie rushed through the streets of Pewter city. It was 10:00 PM, meaning that a couple of the hotels were open. He rushed towards the nearest one, hoping that it was open. He stepped in through the door, and saw that the only part open was the bar. He trudged on in, and sat down.

“One large cola, no ice, and with a lemon wedge, please.”

As the barman turned to pour the drink, Torrie noticed an electronic voice to his left. It was a really old arcade game- Berzerk, by the look of it.

“Coin detected in pocket.”

“Oh, shut up,” Torrie muttered, kicking it on the side.

“Chicken, fight like a robot.”

“I said shut up!” Torrie muttered, kicking it a few more times.

This, unfortunately, seemed to have the effect of breaking it. The game kept repeatedly squawking, “Intruder Alert! Intruder Alert! Intruder Alert! Intru-“

Before Torrie knew what he was doing, his fist had gone straight through the screen. He was baffled as to why he had just done that. He didn’t usually freak out so easily.

The bartender had just turned around in time to see Torrie pull his strangely unscathed fist from the console.

“What- How- What the heck do you think you’re doing? That thing cost thousands of dollars! How’d you punch that thing without hurting your hand? Go on, Answer me!”

Torrie stood there, at a loss for words. Just when it looked like he was about to be arrested, the girl from earlier strode into the room.

“Did my brother break something?”

Torrie couldn’t believe his ears. Was she defending him? He didn’t even know her!

“Yes, he just broke our only game.”

“Well, I can compensate. Here’s 15,000 Pokedollars. Buy yourself a Street Fighter, or Soul Calibur, or something.”

She led a very flabbergasted Torrie out of the bar, pretending to lecture him. The moment, they were out of earshot, she turned to him. “I'm not going to bail you out again, Torrie.”

“I figured. So, is this where you live?”

She grinned. “Do you really think I’d divulge that information on purpose? Although this is close to my home, you still need to find me there. I might see you there. Adios.”

With that, she vanished.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast