The Half-Wolf Chronicles [Original] (PG-13)

Thread: The Half-Wolf Chronicles [Original] (PG-13)

shsl music club member Catspring's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Catspring on Facebook
    Follow Catspring on Tumblr

Default The Half-Wolf Chronicles [Original] (PG-13)

The Half-Wolf Chronicles

Welcome to The Half-Wolf Chronicles, or THWC, a collab my friend and I are writing. Every odd chapter I will be doing, while she will be doing the prologue and even chapters.
    Enjoy her prologue! (She's a lot better than me... :P)
    This is a non-Pokemon story.

----
    Prologue

Run.

Run fast.

These words, laced with good-old-fashioned swearing, rippled through my head, almost as loudly as the rain falling around me, cascading into mega-puddles all aglow in the dim streetlights. The thought was, in fact, almost as loud as the wild, drumbeat thumping of my heart.

I looked behind me. No one. The streets were empty of anything but rain. But my relief was short-lived as I saw a squad car tearing through the streets, sirens blaring towards me as the car barreled at full speed, right. At. Me.

Run fast!

My legs were screeching with exhaustion, but my pace only increased as the car came closer and closer, and I knew that if it caught up to me I was dead.

Not dead as in, my parents would kill me. I'm talking dead as in dead.

A gunshot blared out through the city streets. I bit my lip but stayed my course, barely able to believe I was being shot at in the city streets, even by the brutal Fullbloods. Surely they couldn't be nuts enough to shoot me down in a street. Right?

Deciding that they probably were, I checked the pocket of my leather pocket. Good. I could feel the Magicrystal in my pocket, faceted and smooth and humming with energy.

I took the next intersection like a gazelle, leaping to the left with my soaked hair streaming out behind me. I scanned the cloudy skies, but I couldn't see anything in the half-light.

Dracula's teeth, I thought, fear rising in me like my stomach on the Millennium Force. If Ajero didn't come soon... Well, it would be a lot like what would happen if the squad car caught up with me, let's just say.

The tires on the car screeched evilly as the mechanical monster took the turn. Instinctively I swerved into an alley, hoping that some sort of low wall would be my salvation.

Ah, hope, how naive you make me!

I turned so that the massive brick wall was at my back. Unfortunately the car had chosen that very moment to pull up in front of the alley, blocking off my escape. I swallowed nervously, backing against the wall as the guys got out of the car. Me, a girl. Against three full-grown dudes. I seriously hoped, with the sane part of my brain, that these guys would just kill me quickly in full Fullblood fashion, instead of beating the ever-loving crap out of me before I was dead.

They were coming towards me now, slowly, letting me review my options. I had exactly one, and Kivani would kill me for it.

But at this point I didn't give a poop.

I focused on the most feral, base part of me. A part that guided me even though most of the time it lay dormant and sleeping within me: my instincts. I let my mind clear, and with clarity came sharp focus, and with sharp focus came heightened senses, sharp fangs, and fur all over my body.

My leather coat melted into a tan, sandy wolf pelt. My face changed shape, bones reassembling as a snout sprouted. I could feel my body changing, and it wasn’t just because I was a teen. As the changes took place, I scooped the necklace out of my pocket and slung it on my thickening neck, so that it didn’t morph too.

Within a few seconds, I had a bushy-ish tail, a coarse brown pelt, a long snout full of sharp teeth, a wet nose, paws, and fuzzy, pointy ears. I stood on all fours, snarling at the men with my teeth bared.

I had become a wolf.

One of the men stopped, laughing. “So you want a dogfight, eh?” he asked. “Let’s give her one, boys!” they all started laughing, their faces sprouting hair – one was white, one was grey, and one was a weird slate color – and elongating into sharp-fanged wolf snouts. Their guns dropped from their hands, and they advanced with disgusting grins on their disgusting faces.

“Be careful,” one warned; his voice had changed with him, growing more guttural, more snarling. “Ornau will kill us if we wreck the necklace.”

I snarled. “Yeah, right!” I said. “You won’t even have a chance to wreck it – not once I tear out your miserable throats!”

The slate-colored one laughed. “Fool Taintblood,” he snarled. A little drool was dribbling from his jaw. “You think you’re so tough? We’re gonna rip you into tiny pieces, girlie.”

He lunged.

I barked, jumping to meet him. I tried to get my teeth around his throat, but his snout came down protectively and blocked my blow. All I did to him was scratch his muzzle.

I staggered back, haunches bumping the wall behind me. I snarled, the three Fullbloods tensing to spring. I closed my eyes and waited for the end.

Suddenly an ear-piercing, howling roar sounded from above me. Flames blasted the alley, bathing the Fullbloods in orange light. They whined and howled, leaping backwards and away from the inferno. As soon as the flames had gone away and were no longer blinding me, I saw a huge, wolfish beast with batlike wings, a long, scaly tail, giant claws, and gleaming golden horns giving chase to the wolves. The creature returned a few seconds later, grinning demonically.

“Nice save, Aj!” I laughed, transforming back into a human. The wolfbeast smiled normally at me, then transformed into a human as well. His human shape was that of a 16-ish year-old teen with shaggy black hair, tan skin, and dark eyes. He gave me a little hug, and I wiggled away. “Though, your timing was a bit off.”

“I was there the whole time,” Ajero reassured, “and I would’ve come if you needed help. I wasn’t going to let you die, Kazuka.”

“What about when they were shooting at me?” I demanded, my head on an angle.

“I had it under control,” Aj winked. “Now come on. Let’s report to Kivani.”

“You what?”

I shifted uncomfortably under the gaze of Kivani, the leader of our little group of half-werewolves. She was glaring at me furiously, like I had spilled coffee all over her wedding dress.

“We morphed, Kivani,” I gulped.

“In public?” she sounded like she couldn’t believe her ears. “Our survival depends on secrecy!”

Ajero stepped forward. “Kivani, if Kazuka hadn’t morphed, she would have died. As your second, I think you should –.”

Kivani’s voice was venomous. “Ajero, as my second, you should have known better.” Then she sighed, running her fingers through her hair. “I’m putting you two on retrieval.”

“What?”

“We need more recruits,” Kivani said. “The Fullbloods are massing forces, which means we need to mass forces as well. This is not a punishment,” she added, “it’s just necessary. Now get packed. I already have a school picked out, and you leave in the morning...”

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Half-Wolf Chronicles [Original] (PG-13)

Hehe, now this is something new. It vaguely reminds me of Wolf's Rain, but I digress. Your writing style is interesting, but thus far we haven't had much insight into your main character. True, it is a prologue, and it will come with the next chapters. But it would be nice to have an idea of what she looks like, a rough age group, etc. Either way, though, it was an enjoyable read.

I'll be looking forward to your updates, PF. ^_^

A fresh and growing community.

Library
    [Blogged listing of collected works that are posted on the Gardens.]

shsl music club member Catspring's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Catspring on Facebook
    Follow Catspring on Tumblr

Thanks. ^^ I'll be doing the next chapter soon.

There's not a main character though, each chapter is from a different Point of View. The prologue happened to be from Kazuka's POV.

Quote Originally Posted by SeleneHime View Post
    Hehe, now this is something new. It vaguely reminds me of Wolf's Rain, but I digress. Your writing style is interesting, but thus far we haven't had much insight into your main character. True, it is a prologue, and it will come with the next chapters. But it would be nice to have an idea of what she looks like, a rough age group, etc. Either way, though, it was an enjoyable read.

I'll be looking forward to your updates, PF. ^_^
    WOLF'S RAIN.
    As soon as you said it, I thought, oh, bleep, it does.

And I can freely say it, seeing as how I wrote the Prologue.

As for the main character thing, I'll keep that in mind. ^^ Thanks for the compliments and crits~!