The Great Workshop Quiz - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Great Workshop Quiz

Reader and Writer Legacy's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Great Workshop Quiz

Is it possible to get trophy-like badges that show up under the usernames like the ones people win for winning the arcade games? I think those would be more popular, even for the awards themselves, and would encourage more participation.

Coming Soon...

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

I am not sure; I can look into it, but it would probably involve a lot of work and implementing things that are not done anywhere else on the forums, so I am not sure either thing would really justify it. A lot of other areas have Awards and competitions, so if they did it for us they'd probably have to do it for everyone.

What if the winner had their story stickied for x amount of time? There are a lot of works being posted now, and I'm sure most people would love to have their story featured on the front page without having it go down to the bottom.
    and that's the story...

♥ | story | ♦ | ♣ | one-shot | ♠ | ♫ | poetry | ☯ |

Your mind is a world AetherX's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Visit AetherX's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Life View Post
    What if the winner had their story stickied for x amount of time? There are a lot of works being posted now, and I'm sure most people would love to have their story featured on the front page without having it go down to the bottom.
    The main problem with that is we want the quiz to be relevant to readers who aren't writing a fic themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by AetherX View Post
    The main problem with that is we want the quiz to be relevant to readers who aren't writing a fic themselves.
    Ahh... Well, that's indeed an idea killer. I suppose they could pick a story to be stickied, but that would be biased.
    and that's the story...

♥ | story | ♦ | ♣ | one-shot | ♠ | ♫ | poetry | ☯ |

Blog Entries

A free copy of the RS remakes? Haha jk

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

I am pleased to announce that, later on this week, we will be FINALLY RELAUNCHING THE QUIZ!!!!

We have worked out a prize that I think is very fair, we have new rules sorted that will allow more people to participate than beforehand, and hopefully this will be the next big thing!

As this thread is rather outdated and full mostly of inquiries and such, I will be starting a new thread to properly relaunch things. However, while we wait, I invite all of you writers out there to start thinking up questions, as we have 10 slots to fill and it is first in, first served (though note you will still be able to take part in the quiz as well - more on that later ;) ). Questions must be from your own story and the question should come from the first 10,000 words max of your story.
    Any type of question with any difficulty can be asked: however, the question must have a clear answer easily found within those first 10,000 words. So we will accept questions such as What colour are Alaska's jeans, but we will not accept questions such as What does role would the state of Alaska's home life play in her decision to go on a journey, as that is an ambiguous question that could have any possible answer. You can obviously ask things a bit harder than what colour are blah blahs clothes/hair/Pokemon/house etc, but it just needs to have some sort of definitive answer.

So get thinking, ask for any clarification, and the full rules and how the new quiz will work will be posted in about two days.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234