The Great Workshop Quiz - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: The Great Workshop Quiz

It wasn't much! Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

Default Re: The Great Workshop Quiz: Quiz One!

That was fast xD

Blog Entries

So, wait... Does that mean @That Guy; gives the interview, or his fic (if he has one) gets fic of the month?

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

@Flaze: I am actually glad it went quickly. I want this to be a semi fast paced thing that will do its intention and encourage people to read more, thus giving them a potential advantage going into the quiz each month if they have already read one or more of the fics that the quiz is on. The two weeks is there largely in case no one manages to get all 10 questions correct, but I would prefer it to be fast paced.

@Prof. Lugion: The prize is winning the Fic of the Month title for their story. When I said I was looking forward to reading the interview, I meant that I was looking forward to reading the one LT will be conducting presumably on Birdsong. There will be the potential for alternate prizes should the user not have a fic, but the current and only prize is Fic of the Month, so if you don't have a fic you won't win anything :P I will also factor in the potential for someone winning twice, but hopefully more people will get involved so this is unlikely to happen!

^^^^ The GalacticVerse Bibliography (Thanks to Blazaking for Banner) ^^^^

Blog Entries

Okay. That's what I thought it was, but the line about "looking forward to the interview" kinda threw me for a loop lol.

Brock's Pikachu LightningTopaz's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Still brainstorming questions for that interview, BTW, but it should be up (hopefully) today (depending on when I get the answers)
    Last edited by LightningTopaz; 18th March 2013 at 11:13 AM.
    My URPG stats: Maya's status

SuBuWriMo status: 28,103 words in all!

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Great Workshop Quiz: Quiz Two Coming Soon

Alright, it is time for the submissions for the second quiz to begin! Anyone who did not submit a question last time may submit one this time, and I would recommend it to anyone who is struggling to get readers for their work and would like to try and draw a few more in. As a reminder, we recommend that you submit questions from near the start of your work if you are looking for more readers, but if you would like to do a later one, you will have to use the chapter title. Questions can vary in difficulty but do not include anything that will require extensive knowledge of the series. I will accept questions that may require reading two chapters to answer, as long as the question is not too difficult and these two chapters are together.

PM me your question, the answer and a link and the chapter the answer is found so I can verify the answer. Anyone that submitted a question last time cannot submit one this time but may take part in the quiz!

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Great Workshop Quiz: Quiz Two Submissions Open

Due to an apparent lack of interest, the quiz will be postponed for this month and we will most likely have to cancel it. I am very disappointed, as I thought it would have been an excellent tool for all the people who needed to give their stories a little bit more attention to try and draw some more readers in and a fun way to bring the Workshop together, but it appears that that is not the case. Hopefully we can try something like this in the future in a revised format, but for now we will let it rest.

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Great Workshop Quiz

That's disappointing, personally I thought this was a really good idea, shame it couldn't work out :/

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Yeah, this is a real shame, AT, I loved this idea! D:

It wasn't much! Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

Don't you have other stories that you can suggest for the quiz though?

Trophies
    Blog Entries

I messaged several people to see if they were interested and only two responded. I will hold onto the current questions and try to find more at a later date, but I don't really want to keep tracking people down as it is meant to be a random, voluntary thing rather than me basically picking who gets to have a turn.

Blog Entries

Maybe instead of having lots of stories with one question each time, you can have one story and multiple questions for said story, each time?

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick-Or-Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scopeand Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

That's not a bad idea. It would reduce the number of stories that get attention, but it might also increase activity in the quiz.

Blog Entries
    Follow AiedailEclipsed On Twitter Add AiedailEclipsed on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by NoirGrimoir View Post
    Maybe instead of having lots of stories with one question each time, you can have one story and multiple questions for said story, each time?
    Or if you don't want to reduce the number of stories, reduce the number of questions (well, that's kinda reducing the number of stories). xD I realize that the "if your question gets in this time, it won't next time" is there to allow others to get their story in, but if the core group of people who might want to put a story in can't because of that restriction it's hard to have a quiz. Something that is pretty fair (IMO), would be to say that you may enter a question if you entered one last time; however, questions from people who were unable to make it last time will be given priority. All slots that remain unfilled on the due date will be given to the other users in the order that they were received. Just an idea.
    "Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it."
    -- Narrator, Pokemon: Jirachi Wish Maker
    "You can't change the world without getting your hands dirty."
    -- Lelouch Lamperouge, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
    "Do I have a stamp on my forehead that says, 'The National Spokesperson for the Plight of Black People'? How the hell should I know the black perspective on The Color Purple? That's it, if I don't change classes, I'm gonna hurt this fool. Teachers treat me like I'm some kind of Rosetta stone for African-Americans. What? Black people learn how to read, and we all miraculously come to the same conclusion?"
    -- Victoria, Freedom Writers
    "N's heart is pure and innocent. But there is nothing more beautiful and terrifying than innocence."
    -- Concordia, Pokémon Black/White 2

Trophies
    Blog Entries

It appears that there is more interest in the quiz than I had originally anticipated :P I will take the suggestions into consideration. We won't make it a quiz for just one story as the point of the quiz is to try and promote a variety of fiction throughout the community. Less questions is also a good idea: I thought 10 would be a good minimum amount, but the restrictions seem to have prevented that. AiedailEclipsed's idea could definitely work and I will take it into consideration :)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast