Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: The Great Workshop Quiz

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Default The Great Workshop Quiz

Hello Fairground!

Some of you may have seen a slightly cryptic post the other day in the General Chat Thread, and I hope those that did have been having sleepless nights waiting to see what the reveal is! So rejoice, you can finally shut your eyes and catch up on your nightly visits to the Dreamland, as the day for the big announcement has arrived! (Obviously, wait until you've read this before you fall asleep, silly!)

The Fiction Fairground Quiz will, for the time being, be a monthly quiz that will incorporate all aspects of current story life, and these are the basics: Users from around the Fairground will submit one question each relating to one of their stories. Ten questions in total will be made into the quiz and this will be posted. Everyone that did not have a question accepted or never submitted one will then be able to take part. Over a maximum of two weeks, users will read through these stories to find the answers, and when they believe they have 10 correct answers, they will PM it to me or whoever the moderator in charge for that month is. Whoever is the first person to get all 10 questions correct will win the honour of having one of their stories made into the next Fic of the Month.

Now, time to expand:
    - The questions will be formatted like this: "In The First Warriors, which legendary Pokemon do Giovanni and Charlotte discuss during their meeting?" The questions can vary in difficulty, but try to make it so that the quiz-participants will simply have to read the story to find the answer and don't need to write an essay long answer or question the philosophy of your story or anything!
    - Try and restrict your questions to somewhere between the first and third chapters of your stories, though this will depend on the length of said chapters and how early the answer appears. (ie, if you have really long chapters, making people read to the third is a bit greedy, but if the answer is halfway through the second chapter, that is all right). You can give an answer that will require reading the latest chapter, but for this instance you must specify which chapter number (In Chapter Fifty Two of Eight Easy Steps, which Celadon icon is the main setting for the chapter?).
    - PM me your question along with the answer and where to find it: these won't be published but it is for me to double check the answer and so I can use it to mark the quizzes.
    - The competition will end when someone correctly gets all 10 correct. If no one has been the time the two weeks are up, whoever has submitted the most correct answers will instead win. I will double check with the other moderators about being able to submit your answers again.
    - You cannot take part if your question makes it into the quiz, and if your question is accepted one month you won't get any accepted the next month.

Largely, this is a fun way to promote reading throughout the Workshop: the more you have already read, the more of an advantage you will have going into the quiz! Everyone is able to take part, even the moderators that are not already involved (except this month, they will know why). So it is time for everyone to submit their questions, whether it be for the quiz or about the quiz if something needs clarification (post those ones in the thread). I will give you until Tuesday NZT to submit, as if you are interested it should not take longer than that, and then we can kick things off! Hopefully we have a brand new monthly tradition in the making!
    Last edited by Soulmaster; 10th June 2013 at 08:59 PM.
    Legacy, Safe-T, Kelleo and 3 others like this.

^^^^ The GalacticVerse Bibliography (Thanks to Blazaking for Banner) ^^^^

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Great Workshop Quiz Begins!

Remember to submit your questions as soon as possible if you want a chance of being apart of this grand new experience! There are still some spots available and this is a great way to put yourself out there if you are trying to get your story some attention!

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

I sent in a question, AT. ^^

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Thanks Kelleo :)

We need just one more submission before the quiz can begin! I strongly recommend you take part in this if you are looking for more exposure for your fic

Trophies
    Blog Entries

It is time we begin! Thank you to everyone who submitted a question, I appreciate your service and hope you enjoy watching how this all pans out!

For the rest of you, here is the quiz for (hopefully) everyone to complete!

1. In Max’s Hoenn Journey, what is the first wild Pokemon Max encounters after he’s set off on his own journey?
    2. In Unpredictable, how does Criss carry her PokeBalls?
    3. Name one of the reality shows Alaska mentions in How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps.
    4. In Chapter 7 of The Legend of Zelda: The Ancient Power, what classic Zelda item do Link and Kelli find in the last chamber of the Graveyard Cave?
    5. In A Little Bit of Good, what does Grimsley tell his teacher what he wants to be when he grows up?
    6. In The Barefoot, Fighting Genius!, how do Candice and Snorunt get to Hearthome City from Veilstone City?
    7. From Episode 15 of Pokemon: The Song of Jewels¸ list the eight Gems of Song in order.
    8. In A Pokemon Story, what is the first in-game technique that Thalia and her Togetic attempt?
    9. In Flames of a Revolutionary, Roger is given a red feather with healing properties. Whose feather is it?
    10. In Requiem: Gemini, what name is given to humans that have been infused with Pokemon DNA?

Remember: PM me your answers, and whoever is the first to get all 10 correct or whoever has the most correct in two weeks time will be declared the winner and will win the Fic of the Month interview! Unless stated otherwise, all answers can be found somewhere between the first chapter (or prologue) and the third chapter. Make sure you try your best to read through as the answer could be hidden about, but this is a fairly simple quiz that I am sure we will all enjoy!

Let the fun begin!
    LightningTopaz and Lugion like this.

I feel so much spring... Cabaret's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Great Workshop Quiz: Quiz One!

The prize will not be the Fic of the Month interview every month, right?

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cabaret View Post
    The prize will not be the Fic of the Month interview every month, right?
    We will have to work it around the Awards as I believe Best Story gets an interview, but we have not discussed it yet. Currently, the prize will be FOTM each month, but I doubt that we will have the same winner each month or anything. But this first quiz is very much a trial as well to see how things go

Add Kelleo on Facebook

May I request that the chapter number in the question I submitted be removed? I feel that if it's there, people will just skip reading the story for the most part and just go straight to the chapter to look for the answer, making the whole point of this kind of redundant. :/

Trophies
    Blog Entries

I mentioned to you that it would be included, and this is because it is after Chapter 3. I am sorry about that, but it was your choice, and hopefully they will still find it an enjoyable story and wish to come back later :)

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by AceTrainer14 View Post
    I mentioned to you that it would be included, and this is because it is after Chapter 3. I am sorry about that, but it was your choice, and hopefully they will still find it an enjoyable story and wish to come back later :)
    I don't remember you mentioning that at all. But now it's too late to do anything about it, I suppose. And I doubt it, unfortunately. This isn't a Zelda forum, people here are more likely to brush it off because it isn't Pokemon. I posted my stuff here because I felt like it. I hardly expected it to get much attention. xP

Trophies
    Blog Entries

I have it on record me telling you I would in PM, a PM that you responded to. If you have an issue in the future, please deal with it by PM rather than posting it across the forums.

The Dimension Wizard Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

- Try and restrict your questions to somewhere between the first and third chapters of your stories, though this will depend on the length of said chapters and how early the answer appears. (ie, if you have really long chapters, making people read to the third is a bit greedy, but if the answer is halfway through the second chapter, that is all right). You can give an answer that will require reading the latest chapter, but for this instance you must specify which chapter number (In Chapter Fifty Two of Eight Easy Steps, which Celadon icon is the main setting for the chapter?).
    Here's the rule just in case.

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Oh. I never saw that, and I could've sworn I read all the rules. Well, damn, I feel stupid...

The Dimension Wizard Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

It's okay we all miss thing sometimes when we read, I had to read it multiple times myself before trying anything.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

The Quiz has officially found its first winner! Congratulations to @That Guy for correctly getting all ten questions correct! I hope you enjoyed all the stories you read and I look forward to seeing your Fic of the Month interview!

Thank you for everyone that took part, especially the people that submitted questions for this competition. I imagine all those people racing to take part next month (hopefully :P) I do think that this could be the next great Workshop tradition, so make sure that you all take part in it next time and be a part of a brand new experience! :D
    That Guy and Lugion like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast