TEEN: Going Rogue

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going Rogue

The Dimension Wizard Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

Default Going Rogue

So I don't really have much that I can say except that I've got this new story that I want to give a try to, hopefually I can actually keep up with this one.

I don't really wanna reveal too much to you guys though xD it'll take away some of the good things so instead I'll just say that it's a journey fic and at the same time it's a whole new kind of journey, the rest you will have to wait and read for.
    @Red; @Gastly's Mama; @BlueNostalgia; @Llama_Guy; @Joshawott;

GOING ROGUE

Chapter 1: Memories

The soft breeze of spring blew throughout the Sevvi Island Archipelago, making the weather of the region comfortable for both its inhabitants and the Pokemon that live in it.

“Come on, we gotta try to do this right!” on Kin Island of the Sevvi islands two boys made their way through the forest, causing the Pokemon that were resting quietly to fly away in fear an confusion at the intruders sudden appearance. “That idiot Alfred thinks that he can get a pass on me, I’ll show him by catching a Pokemon of my own!” a boy screamed confidently, his long unkempt black hair waving around as he ran. He seemed to be 14 years old; though he was short for someone of that age.

“Eddy wait for me…you’re going too fast.” A younger boy whined from behind him, his legs wavering in a failed attempt to speed up even more. “I can’t keep going,” he panted and fell to his knees. He had short brown colored hair that rested above his sky blue colored eyes.

“Gale you’re twelve years old,” the older boy argued with a small frown. “You’re supposed to be more energetic, how will you ever become a Trainer like that?” He shook his head in disappointment and turned around.

“Running doesn’t have anything to do with training,” Gale whined back before he stood up from the ground. “Pokemon are the ones that do everything.”

“Keep believing that,” Eddy said with a playful smirk. “I’ll see what you say after you become one and see you’re wrong. He looked at the forest once more and smiled at the sight of a large wooden bridge a few meters away. “There it is, Bond Bridge.”

“Why can’t you just go to Floe Island and get a Pokemon there?” Gale asked curiously; he was walking next to Eddy once more, finally able to catch up with him.

“Because, those are Pokemon with no battling experience.” Eddy shook his head in response. “If I catch one from the forest then it’ll have battle experience and I can actually accomplish something.”

“There’s not much you can find in Berry Forest though,” Gale argued.

“That’s where you’re wrong.” Eddy turned to face Gale once more and proceeded to take out a thorn up piece of paper. Once Gale was able to look get a clear look at the piece of paper he noticed that it was actually a ripped up newspaper article. “The wheather around the world has been changing lately, because of that multiple Pokemon have migrated from other islands, then there are Pokemon that get abandoned or hitch rides in the boats.”

“So you think you’ll find something useful in Berry Forest because of that?”

“Well like I always say, you gotta be positive.” Eddy grinned confidently once more as he raised his thumb at Gale. “I’ll become the strongest trainer that’s ever been known after all.”

“That seems like an impossible dream don’t you think.” Gale deadpanned.

“You don’t have to believe me if you don’t want to, just wait and see.” That was all Eddy said before he began to cross through Bond Bridge. Gale didn’t know why Eddy was so determined on catching a wild one, maybe it was just jealousy because of their cousin Alfred obtaining his own Pokemon but that’s still something he couldn’t understand. “Maybe I can get one for you too, you should start practicing for when you set out yourself.”

“As long as we’re not in danger later.”

“I’m your cousin you should believe in me more,” Eddy smirked.

The two cousins proceeded to make their way through the dark Berry Forest, sometimes stopping to search for Pokemon that they could catch. Unfortunately, nothing was good for Eddy as he would usually pass off any Pokemon he didn’t want or didn’t think was good enough for him. “This sucks.” He groaned in annoyance as he passed through the trees. “Are there no fire types here or something.”

“Why a fire type specifically anyway?” Gale asked, his eyes looking around the forest in worry. “This isn’t Mt. Ember.”

“I don’t give a damn I want a fire type,” Eddy groaned in annoyance. Gale jumped back once he saw him throw a kick at one of the trees in frustration. “Stupid tree of crap.”

“Exeggcute!” The two young men raised their heads in shock, only to come in contact with a set of five pink colored eggs, they all seemed to be stuck together with each other; they also seemed to all be glaring down at them.

“That is not good,” Eddy shook his head before turning around and patting Gale’s back calmly. “Run for your life!” he screamed as he ran off ahead of Gale.

“Wait for me!” Gale yelled back and began to chase after his cousin.

“Why are they chasing us!” Eddy yelled in fear.

“Maybe it’s because you kicked their house or something!” Gale stated, his eyes opening wide when he realized that the Exeggcute were closing in on them.

“I didn’t mean to!”

“I don’t think they care either way!”

Eddy increased the speed of his running once more as he looked back at the egg Pokemon. He needed to find a way to get away from the forest, but he couldn’t leave Gale behind either. Once he stared at his younger cousin once more his expression of fear was replaced by one of determination; he couldn’t let Gale get hurt, he had been the one that dragged him into the forest anyway.

“You keep running you hear,” Eddy instructed before finally coming into a halt. “I’ll distract him while you run away.”

“But…”

“No buts!” Eddy commanded. He turned around so that he could face the eggs once more. “I’m the one that dragged you into this. We’re cousins, no, brothers and as my little brother I can’t let you get hurt like this.”

“But you have no Pokemon to fight with.” Gale gasped, he couldn’t believe why Eddy would want to fight against the Exeggcute on his own, even if it was to protect him it was still risky.

“That doesn’t matter.” Eddy smiled and retrieved a round red and white object from inside of his pocket. “I brought this Poke Ball so that I could catch a Pokemon for me, now this might not be the one I was thinking of but if it’s for you then I’m willing to do anything.”

Gale didn’t move or even flinched. He didn’t know what to say or do as he saw Eddy approach the eggs slowly. The only thing he felt was weakness, that his cousin had to risk his life for him, what made it worse was the fact that he wasn’t even doing the only thing he had wished for, but he couldn’t just run and leave him behind. “I said leave damn it!” Eddy screamed.

That was all he needed before he sped off from Eddy, his head looking ahead as he ran with everything he had. “I’m sorry Eddy,” he sobbed.

“Why are you crying?” Gale raised his head as he ran past a young man around Eddy’s age. He stopped himself suddenly, causing his body to arch back before finally coming to a halt. “He got in trouble didn’t he?”

Gale stared at the older boy in thought. He had short, almost shaven brown colored hair and was wearing a short sleeved white shirt along with a pair of beige shorts; he also had a pair of round glasses over his eyes. “Alfred!” Gale beamed happily. “I’m glad you’re here, you have to help Eddy he’s in danger and I…”

“Don’t worry, I’ll take care of it,” Alfred nodded his head reassuringly and began walking. Gale stared at his back for a moment, noticing that he was carrying a bag on his back. “I brought something for him.”

“Damn rotten eggs!” Eddy screamed as he jumped to the side, his eyes gazing at the small egg that was now falling on the floor. Eddy rolled on the ground quickly as the egg went off in a blast of fire, sending him flying away and crashing onto a tree. “Damn it, I can’t even aim the damn ball right.”

“Cute!” the Exeggcute chimed. They all opened their mouths slowly and started firing a barrage of energy coated seeds straight towards the young teenager.

Eddy threw his arms forward, the feeling of fast seeds colliding against him was starting to climb over his body. He stepped back slowly against the tree as he felt the bullets puncture and bounce against his skin and body. “Damn it, how can I get out of this one.”

“Stupid rotten eggs!” Eddy whipped his arm forward desperately. What the Exeggcute didn’t notice was that the pokeball had been thrown along and was now flying towards them.

Unfortunately, before the ball could hit its respective target the egg Pokemon moved out of the landing zone and were able to avoid the ball. “Well I’m screwed now.”

At that moment a large blast of wind and energy washed over Eddy and Exeggcute, causing the egg Pokemon to be thrown aside in one swift moment and for Eddy to gasp and turn around to face his savior. “Oh…it’s you,” Eddy frowned with disdain as he stood up. “I was just stretching you know.”

“When are you going to keep going with this silly argument,” Alfred sighed as he walked alongside with his Ralts, a small Pokemon clad in all white, with a green helmet shaped head and a red colored horn on the top. “Just because I got my Pokemon first doesn’t mean we have to argue over who’s better.”

“Shut up you traitor,” Eddy frowned and turned to the Exeggcute, who were now up and about once more. “If only I had my own Pokemon.”

“You do.” Eddy turned around to Alfred. A smile crept along his face as he saw the Poke Ball that he was holding. “Aunt Mary told me that you came here with Gale, this Pokemon came from Floe Island today so I figured you’d want it.” Alfred smirked as he handed the pokeball to Eddy. “It’s a fire type.”

“We got badass over here!” Eddy announced, his finger pointing at Alfred. He then smiled at the Exeggcute, though it was more of a sheepish and mischievous smile. “Now…I think I’m in the mood for some fried eggs.”

He let the ball fall down onto the floor before seeing it erupt in a large ball of light. The ball began to waver and change its shape slowly. Once it was over a small dog-like Pokemon stood in front of Eddy. It had orange colored fur and black stripes that went around its body, it also had a small cream colored mane along with a similarly colored crest and tail. The Pokemon beamed with confidence, almost as if it knew that the opponent was easy to beat. “A Growlithe, now this is what I’m talking about.”

“Cute!” Exeggcute growled before firing another barrage of Bullet Seeds.

“You seem young,” Eddy pointed out towards the Growlithe; who barked in return. “All right then I’ll call you Llamarada or Llama for short. You might be young but you should know this one.”

Once the seeds got closer to them a smirked crept along Eddy’s face. “Ember!”

With that one order the Growlithe proceeded to jump into action. It threw its head forward and fired a barrage of orange colored darts straight at the seeds. While originally the darts and the seeds canceled each other out the Ember was eventually able to pass through them and slammed against the grass type Pokemon, causing it to whine in pain as it was blasted away.

“See, I’m awesome without fail.”

The sun was beginning to go down now, creating a soothing and calm atmosphere around Kin Island. “Two Pokemon in one day,” Eddy smirked as he stared at the two Poke Balls in his hands. “That Exeggcute thought he was getting away but I showed him.”

“I wish I could’ve been there to see you guys,” Gale pouted in disappointment. “Now you both have Pokemon.”

“Actually Alfred has something else.” Eddy and Gale stared at Alfred urgently, causing for the eldest of the three cousins to sigh and grab his bag.

“This just got her from Floe Island, it came along with Growlithe.” What Alfred took out of the bag was none other than a round sky blue colored egg; it seemed to have some white spots around it, the spots in turn being shaped like clouds. “Ït’s not born yet but you’ll have a Pokemon once it is.”

“Awesome!” Gale exclaimed happily before he grabbed a hold of the Pokemon egg and put it close to his body. “I wonder what will come out.”

“I don’t know but it won’t be able to beat me and Growlithe.” Eddy chuckled, raising the pokeball into the sky and staring at it with sheer happiness. “I’ll probably practice and train for a year or two before setting off but I’ll surely become the strongest trainer of all.” He nodded his head, he really had no qualms about showing how determined he was. “I’ll be the very best.”

“Well at least you’re not whining about not having a Pokemon anymore,” Alfred said with a smirk. “But you’re dreaming if you think you can actually do that.”

“I’ll be supporting the two of you either way,” Gale beamed, his eyes shifting to both Eddy and Alfred. There was something that caught his attention though, the two seemed to be turning away from each other after mentioning their respective goals. Gale stared at the egg in thought, a lot of things happened on that day, so many that he couldn’t even get his head around them.

There was one thing he knew though, as long as his cousins, no, his “brothers” were around he would be able to do anything, he felt bad that he would have to stay behind though.

Eddy smiled at Gale. He could tell that the youngest cousin was feeling lonely and left out. “Don’t worry Gale, when I become the best I’ll come back here and we’ll have all kinds of great adventures together.” He nodded his head confidently and stared into the sun.

Soon he would be able to accomplish his dream, the dream he had had ever since he was young, ever since he saw his first battle. His eyes fell on the Poke Balls once more as he stood up and stared at the sunlight. “One day, when we’re all really great trainers we should meet up here again, then we can all have a battle and see who’s the strongest.”

“Well I don’t think I can do much,” Gale chuckled nervously.

“I accept that challenge,” Alfred nodded his head. “You shouldn’t laze around though, you’re not good with basic knowledge.”

“Shut up!” Eddy argued, though he was red from embarrassment. “I’ll show you damn it, I’ll become the best trainer there ever was!”

End of Chapter 1
    Next Time: Chasing After A Dream

The basics for the characters personalities and way of acting are actually based on my own childhood memories xD basically cause my cousins and I were a lot like this and we used to get into trouble a lot. A week ago we were all reminiscing about our past and all the things that we had done and it just struck me.
    Last edited by Flaze; 9th June 2012 at 05:12 PM.

Impossible is only a word BlueNostalgia's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Going Rogue

Set on a tropical island, a hot headed kid obsessed with getting a Fire type and becoming the very strongest, no matter what, a more level headed guy that's the same age, and one who's a little younger that hasn't become strong enough and brave enough not to whine yet, all three of whom consider themselves brothers, despite them not actually being brothers...

All of this and your avatar seem to match quite well together; I don't suppose this fic, or at least this chapter, were inspired by a certain 'Post-War Arc' of One Piece, by any chance? :P

Not that I'm complaining it it is, this was a nice start, and it'll be interesting to see where you take it. I'm guessing that you're gonna have this chapter set a couple of years before the rest? Or will we actually get to see them training? Either way, I'll be looking out for the next chapter; nice start.

Quote Originally Posted by Stellar Haze View Post
    Eddy turned to face Gale once more and proceeded to take out a thorn up piece of paper. Once Gale was able to look get a clear look at the piece of paper he noticed that it was actually a ripped up newspaper article.
    Looks like you went back and changed part of this paragraph but didn't realise that you hadn't fixed the grammar; we all do it sometimes, the off bits are in bold. There were a few other things throughout, missing commas and stuff, but nothing too major.
    "I can't see the end of the road anymore! But I suppose, that's part of the adventure..."

- Danerius Jr, my best friend and greatest Pokemon Rival

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNostalgia View Post
    Set on a tropical island, a hot headed kid obsessed with getting a Fire type and becoming the very strongest, no matter what, a more level headed guy that's the same age, and one who's a little younger that hasn't become strong enough and brave enough not to whine yet, all three of whom consider themselves brothers, despite them not actually being brothers...

All of this and your avatar seem to match quite well together; I don't suppose this fic, or at least this chapter, were inspired by a certain 'Post-War Arc' of One Piece, by any chance? :P

Not that I'm complaining it it is, this was a nice start, and it'll be interesting to see where you take it. I'm guessing that you're gonna have this chapter set a couple of years before the rest? Or will we actually get to see them training? Either way, I'll be looking out for the next chapter; nice start.

Quote Originally Posted by Stellar Haze View Post
    Eddy turned to face Gale once more and proceeded to take out a thorn up piece of paper. Once Gale was able to look get a clear look at the piece of paper he noticed that it was actually a ripped up newspaper article.
    Looks like you went back and changed part of this paragraph but didn't realise that you hadn't fixed the grammar; we all do it sometimes, the off bits are in bold. There were a few other things throughout, missing commas and stuff, but nothing too major.
    Well thanks for spoiling .__. I'm only halfway through you know.

I actually got this idea based on my own relationship with my cousins, we were reminiscing about how we were when we were younger and I kept thinking that I could make a story out of it so here it is. But I do admit there are some things I got from it but only cause I thought it would be interested if implemented into the Pokemon world.

My life is forbidden Serenity's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook
    Follow Serenity on Tumblr Visit Serenity's Youtube Channel

It was a pretty interesting start to this story. I didn't really see anything wrong, aside from what BlueNostalgia pointed out. Use more commas though, so you don't have as many run-on sentences. ^^;;

Other than that, I can't wait to see how it goes.

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

I'll keep that in mind :)

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

(It's Sevii Islands, not Sevvi by the way. Think of it as vii = 7).

I liked it. I can see the connection between it and the original draft you sent me. I liked it - although I felt that maybe it could have been expanded more? Like, we know that Eddy has this burning ambition - but I want to be shown it. So to that effect, I think the scenes with him and Exeggcute could have been longer, having Eddy really being driven into a corner before he was rescued.

I liked the setting of the Sevii Islands - they seem to have been ignored by even the game series, never mind fanfics!

On a "technical" note, I noticed a few grammatical errors and some instances of words being repeated or a similar word being used by mistake. There weren't many of those though.

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

The original battle between them was supposed to be longer, I shortened it because I'm not good with chase scenes.

As for the Sevii Island...I got confused xD I mean I always forget the name. But yeah I actually like the Sevii Island, that's why I feel bad that it doesn't get attention.

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

*thread subscribed :)*
    Other what the others have said, I couldn't find errors in your writing. Can't wait to read more of the Sevii Islands. It's a rarity reading about it in fanfic.

Keep up the good work.
    Revolutionaryverse

Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Great to see you have a new fic! I remember you told me about the concept for this one and I thought it was cool, but I don't remember it any more, which is good because that means I can actually enjoy it.

Right, a couple of technical things to start with:

General notes: So, the plot isn't yet showing itself. Not in an obvious way anyway. This feels like more of a prologue giving a grounding for a fic. All I can really say therefore is that I like the grounding. I like characters who have a family background, particularly extended family. That's actually a feature in my own new fic (which also centres around three male relatives, like Alfred, Eddy and Gale!). I look forward to reading more, be sure to tag me in new chapters.

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

I admit I missed a lot of things when I reread them, I'll try and do it better for the next chapter.

And yes I noticed that there are quiet a few similarities between our fics. Though I guess our fics are also very different from each other from what I remember you told me.

Hmm, interesting. I see this has some potential. You told me this too, sounded great on a whole.

Let me guess, Eddy becomes a Rogue, right?

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

So it was a long time coming but I finally got myself to reread the second chapter.

We get a little more hints about what goes on in the world of trainers here but albeit things still haven't truly started.
    @Gastly's Mama; @Skyla; @BlueNostalgia; @Feliciano; @Red; @Gym Leader Janine; @Llama_Guy;

Chapter 2: Chasing After a Dream

“Blu!” a small blue colored bird-like Pokemon squeaked, its cloud shaped wings flapping around as it flew with clear boredom around the room. Its face displayed a clear dislike for the four walls that surrounded it; especially when it looked down at the messy bedroom and bed that it was flying above of.

The Pokemon lowered itself upon the wooden table that was at the corner of the room; its eyes staring at the dim sunlight that shone from the outside as it looked at all the devices and artifacts that covered the table.

Its attention was taken by other things though. It quickly turned around and looked at the young teenager sitting in front of the desk, his head leaning back and a soft snoring coming out of his mouth, his messy brown hair moving around with his head and clear stains visible on his white colored t-shirt and black sleeveless vest.

“Swab!” the Pokemon shrieked loudly, though it was to no avail.

On the ground floor of the house a woman was watching the leftover dishes, her eyes rolling as she saw the result of her son’s midnight snacks. “He always stays up so late tinkering around.” She scratched her head in frustration before shifting to look at the calendar hung on the wall. “And today’s that day.”

She faced the roof of the kitchen once more before proceeding to gather air. “Wake up or you’ll be late!” she screamed.

The young Swablu jumped in surprise at the sudden noise, but was happy when it saw its master moved around and fall from the chair; sure he had gotten hurt, but he was awake. “Blu” Swablu laughed cheerfully before it started to circle its master.

“Shut up Skye,” the boy groaned as he looked down at the floor. He slowly pushed his body up from the floor and turned to the clock. “Oh crap I’m gonna be late!” he screamed, his legs going to work immediately, allowing him to stand up from the chair and run off. He stopped however, a smirk passing across his face as he looked at the desk. “Maybe I can test it out, and I won’t be late if I do this.” He said before walking over to the table.

There were a pair of black colored sneakers lying on the table, however, the sneakers seemed to have small plates that could be seen from the inside. “Let’s go then.”

After he put on the shoes he proceeded to run down the stairs and out of the house in one flash, causing for his mother to run over to try and catch him. “Wait you forgot your cell pho…that boy is always losing track of time,” the woman sighed; though she displayed a content smile.

“All right Skye let’s go!” the boy smiled, his sky blue colored eyes turning to the Swablu who in turn chimed in agreement. He stuck his left and right foot forward. “Slide,” he muttered. Suddenly the plates on the sneakers began to extend and stretch out, only to reveal a pair of white colored wheels on both sides.

With that he was able to speed off through the street, a smile on his face as he passed through all the people that gathered around Kin Island. “Today’s the day huh? It’s been two years.”

“Blu.” Skye nodded its head, though it seemed to be sad for some reason.

“Don’t frown; it’s a happy day after all.”

“Well I guess it’s just like him to be late huh?” a pair of teenagers stood at the entrance of Kin island’s port, they were both prepared for their own departure and they each had reserved a boat. “It’s a good way to say goodbye don’t you think so Alfred.” He laughed and ruffled the back of his long spikey black hair. He was wearing a red colored jacket along with a white colored dress shirt under it; which in turn had two buttons unbuttoned.

“Grow,” a Growlithe nodded his head sagely, as if it knew what its master was referring too.

“See Llama agrees.” He responded and turned to look at the other teenager, his amber colored eyes gleaming with the light of the sun.

“Regardless I don’t like the fact that he copied some of your bad habits Eddy.” the other teenager sighed and adjusted his round glasses. He had short brown colored hair that was combed back along with brown colored eyes. Unlike his cousin he was wearing a black colored coat and a more business like dress shirt, a tie and a pair of matching black pants.

“You look like a suit,” Eddy chuckled.

“Well I have to, it’s called responsibility.” Alfred stared at his cousin in thought. The two just continued to look at each other, almost as if they wouldn’t be able to do so in the same manner anymore. “You do realize that things will be different the next time we meet right.”

“Yes I realized it a long time ago.” Eddy knelt down and petted Llama’s fur softly. “That just makes it more interesting, which method of training will prove to be better.” He smiled at Alfred once more; a determined expression on his face. “I won’t back down from my dream, I’ll become the strongest Trainer and this is the only way that I can become truly strong.”

“In the end we didn’t tell Gale did we?” Alfred looked at the road in front of the port, a small sigh escaping his mouth.

“He’ll figure out on his own and he will make a choice base on that.” Eddy shrugged. He was actually worried though, about what their younger “brother” would think when he found out the truth. “If we had told him then we would’ve influenced him, this way he can make his own choice.”

“You’re right.” Alfred nodded his head. At that moment he was able to see Gale skating up to the pier; with Skye flying right next to him. “There he is.” He stated, though he seemed to be a little confused about the way Gale was making his way towards them.

“Hey, sorry I’m late,” The fourteen year old smiled as he came to a halt in front of his two cousins. “I fell asleep working on something.”

“I assume it was the nifty shoes you’re wearing.” Eddy stuck his tongue out at Gale while scanning the shoes.

“I call them Sliders, they’re my personal creation.” Gale pointed out proudly. He began to shuffle with his pockets and proceeded to take out two small Poke Balls from his pockets. “But alas that was not it, I’ve spent the last month working on these and I was finally able to complete them.” He smiled at his elder cousins once more an expression of pride showing on his face as he presented them with their gifts.

The two of them raised their eyebrows as they saw Gale’s hands. In his left hand he was carrying a small black colored pokeball. It had flames that had been painted around the bottom half of it along with a red line on the center.

On his right hand was a different pokeball though. The ball was pink colored and seemed to have a crystal like colored on the bottom half of the ball along with white lines on the middle of it. “What?” they raised an eyebrow as they stared at the strange Poke Balls.

“These are my special Poke Balls, I call them Gale Balls…”

“It needs a new name.” both Eddy and Alfred stated in unison while deadpanning.

“I won’t stop making fun of you if you don’t change it okay.” Eddy teased

“Anyways, this one’s for you Eddy.” Gale handed Eddy the black ball with flames. “It’s called Llama Ball, I made it so that it reflects the necessary heat for a fire type to be in its environment, I heard that Pokemon feel better and stronger when they’re somewhere that matches their type.” He explained quickly. “Llama will probably be stronger if he has a Poke Ball like this.”

“Damn it kid don’t talk so much.” Eddy frowned, his face falling down on the small Poke Ball while he tried to figure out everything that Gale had told them.

He then turned towards Alfred. “And this one is the Perseus Ball, I made it for Perseus and it supposed to reflect on the environment that a psychic type will feel more comfortable in,” he explained while smiling. The two cousins looked down at the Poke Balls.

At that moment they were able to notice two things. The Poke Balls were well crafted, almost as if they had been done by someone with a lot of experience. The second thing was that Gale’s hands had bruises and cuts on them; there were even some band aids that had been put on his fingers. “Thanks Gale,” Alfred replied with gratitude. “These Poke Balls look great.”

“Yeah, I agree.” Eddy nodded his head before pointing at Llama with the Llama Ball. They both knew how much their little ‘brother’ had worked just to create those and weren’t about to mistreat that kindness.

A red colored beam dropped down from the center of the ball before absorbing the Growlithe and taking it inside.

“I’m glad you liked them.” Gale nodded his head happily. He looked at the two of them, no matter how many times he convinced himself that it was an important day he still couldn’t help but feel bad. He had grown alongside the two of them and had learned so much from them, and now that they were both leaving it was all so overwhelming. “I hope I can see you again.”

“Don’t worry Gale, you will. I swear on that,” Eddy smiled at him. “Remember our promise, you gotta train and set out yourself so that we can have our battle one day.” He chuckled before sticking his hand out towards Gale. “16 is the age that a Trainer needs before they can leave.”

Alfred nodded his head in agreement and stuck his hand out as well; as if he knew what Eddy was planning. Gale smiled and did the same before the three of them formed fists with their hands. “Let’s meet again here, with our dreams accomplished.” Alfred announced as all three cousins put their fists together.

“Good luck guys!” Gale cheered.

“Same to you.” Eddy waved at him before he started to walk towards the left boat. He turned to Alfred one last time though. “Smell ya later.”

“I think you mean catch you later,” Alfred corrected.

“I won’t let you catch me, I’ll be the best remember.”

“Blu,” Skye muttered as she landed on Gale’s shoulder. She nuzzled against her trainer’s face, feeling a warm yet wet feeling coming from his eyes.

“It’s okay Skye, it’s a happy day.” Gale sniffed, it was becoming hard for him to hold back the tears, knowing that it could be the last time he saw his cousins, the world was an unknown place after all and there were many things that could happen. “I’m sure we’ll see them again.” He nodded, no longer caring about his tears and letting them run down. “I’ll become a strong trainer and a mechanic, I’ll be the first trainer who’s both famous and a good mechanic, you’ll see, I will travel the world and create more gadgets that will change this world!”

A few days later Gale had been sent to Floe Island by his mother in order to help at the Daycare. While he lived in Kin Island he would usually help out in the Daycare, as his uncle and aunt had been left in charge of the small house of caring a few years before, now that Alfred was gone he felt that he should help them out. “Are you sure you don’t want me to work here uncle Norman?” he asked through the counter as he turned towards his uncle a middle aged man whose facial features seemed similar to Alfred’s own.

“I’m sure Gale,” the man smiled and waved his hand so as to get Gale to understand. “Alfred hadn’t been helping us as much because he was focusing on his exams and training, he needed to put in a good word for the Union.” He explained. Gale raised an eyebrow once he mentioned the Union, otherwise known as the government that reigned over the Pokemon world itself.

He had heard from Eddy that Alfred wanted to join the ranks of the Union, though why he would do that was still unknown to the young boy. “I see, well I guess I’ll just tell mom that then.”

“Besides.” He smiled warmly, his hand patting the young man’s shoulder. “You have to do some training of your own. So did you decide, will you be going as a legal trainer or a free spirit like Eddy?”

“What?” Gale raised an eyebrow. He noticed something weird once he saw his uncle’s eyes; they seemed to be skeptical, as if he had just realized something that he should’ve realized before.

“No. It’s nothing.” He chuckled nervously. “By the way, we have a gift for you actually; we got it a few weeks ago to hand it to young trainers but no one’s picked him yet so I figured you might want him.”

“Really? What kind of Pokemon is it?” Gale asked with clear curiosity as he saw his uncle walk into the back of the house.

He came back three minutes later with something in his arms, something that caused Gale to beam in happiness once his eyes fell down on it. Norman was carrying a small blue colored Alligator-like Pokemon, it had red colored spikes on its back that went down all the way to its long blue tail, it had a long jaw that stretched out and showed its pointy teeth and a pair of brown eyes that gleamed with happiness.

“A Totodile. Awesome! It’s a Johto Pokemon how did you get it?” Gale had no qualms in going after the Totodile and immediately grabbed a hold of it, causing the alligator to open its eyes wide, showing that he was indeed startled.

“We get a few starters here and there once a year. We figured we could save it for you since no one picked it.” He then pointed at the door. “Now I don’t wanna see you here, go and see what that Totodile is made of.”

“Don’t have to tell me twice.” Gale stood up from his seat immediately and began walking towards the door. “Thanks uncle Norman.” he waved.

“Damn it it’s cold as hell.” Gale groaned as he Skye and the newly named Saba made their way to Icefall Cave. After hearing that the cave was the home of multiple ice types Gale decided that he would take the chance to train there, he had finally obtained two Pokemon and even if he wasn’t used to being around ice types he would just have to try.

“Toto,” Saba said with confusion, his eyes glued to the entrance of the cave. Even know he could feel the cold air emanating from inside the cave hitting his skin and causing cold waves to spread across his body.

“Blue, swa, blu, swablu.” Skye warned as she flew close to her master. A look of worry and fear spread across her face when she saw Gale’s determination towards entering the cave.

“I know you’re worried. But we should really get some training though if I want to be able to travel on our own,” Gale reassured. His mind wandered as he stared at the cave, remember what Norman had said while he back was at the store. What did he mean by becoming legal or being a free spirit? Was there something that he didn’t know.

“Toto!” Saba cheered from behind Gale before he quickly making his way around the young boy and walking towards the cave.

“I guess since you’re so eager,” Gale smiled as he stared at the cave. “All right then, this is the place where we start our training.

End of Chapter 2
    Next Time: A Discovery, a Choice and a Beginning

Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Nice chapter. I'm really intrigued to see what the two paths that Gale's cousins have gone down that are different to his own.

It's also interesting to see that Gale has a talent for making Pokeballs.

Keep up the good work!

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

Well it's been about a month since the last time I updated this fic but I've actually had chapter 3 done for a while, I was just waiting for the right time to put it up.

This is the last chapter in the Introduction story arc and focuses completely on Gale right from where we left off in the previous chapter, this chapter also expands on the plot more as well.
    @Gastly's Mama; @Skyla; @Joshawott; @Tophat Dragoneye; @BlueNostalgia;

Chapter 3: A Discovery, a Choice and a Beginning

“Well this is jus tmy luck!” Gale screamed as he rolled through the frozen floor of Icy Cave his. Unfortunately this wasn’t because of his will but rather because the wills of the Sliders kept slipping through the ice floor. Gale gritted his teeth as he spun around to try and avoid the subsequent blocks of eyes that kept coming in front of him.

He looked behind him with desperation a slow sigh escaping his lips as he saw only blocks behind him. “I think I lost him.’ Gale sighed in relief.

His happiness was cut short though as he heard a loud rumbling coming from the wall, a rumbling that in turn finally took down the agile four teen year old; sending him crashing onto the ground. “Ow!” he whined.

It didn’t end there though because as soon as he was finished getting up the wall erupted with a powerful blast; sending Gale flying back and colliding with one of the blocks. His eyes became surrounded with fear as he saw the large figure that began walking towards him. It body was filled with brown colored fur and its side was enough to reach halfway through the level of the cave. It had two long tusks along with a pair of furious black eyes and four large paws.

“Swine!” the Mamoswine roared aggresively as he glared down at Gale.

“I just wanted to do some training here I’m sorry!” Gale begged desperately. “I didn’t mean for Saba to bite your as...I mean butt.” He corrected; not knowing how the Mamoswine would react to his tone.

“Mamos!” the Mamoswine roared once more before he began charging straight at Gale.

He didn’t know what to do anymore, if he sent out his Pokemon then the chance of them coming out alive would be zero. His thoughts immdeiately went back to Eddy and Alfred when they set out; how the two of them seemed so confident and strong. “I can’t fall short to them.” Gale shook his head. “All right!”

Gale jumped to his side, causing Mamoswine to slip on the icy floor as he tried to turn. Thankfully his size was big enough to cause him to fall down, giving Gale a chance to start running.

Gale smiled when this occured. “Of course I didn’t take the floor into account.” He turned around and proceeded to take out one of the two pokeballs on his waist. “Someone as big as Mamoswine, while strong and in his environment is actually weak in this room with a slippery floor...but.” he grinned as he threw the pokeball down, releasing Saba. “All right Saba slide through the ice!”

Saba nodded his head before he got down on the floor and began pushing his dy foward. This allowed him to slide through the ice floor and towards Mamoswine; who was still standing up.

“Now use bite when you reach his legs!” Gale screamed. Saba smirked as it stuck its teeth out. It proceeded to jump up once it got closer to the Pokemon and clamped down on the large mammoth with its teeth.

Mamoswine roared in pain with each second that Saba’s teeth dug into him. The Pokemon began shaking and moving around desperately. It was to no avail though, Saba didn’t let go of its leg one bit as the Mamoswine fell down on the ice floor yet again.

“The bigger they are the harder theyf all I guess.” Gale smirked confidently before grinning at Saba. “We should grab this chance to get away.”

Gale and Saba began walking around the cave once more, glad that they had gotten rid of the behemoth that had chased them. Unfortunately they didn’t take the cave’s own twists and turns into accounts, they had become so enthralled in running away from Mamoswine that they had now forgotten where htey were going. “Okay I’m lost.” Gale rubbed the back of his head in worry, having not thought of the dangers of getting lost before he walked in.

There was another thing that he hadn’t accounted for when he and Saba walked in, they had no warm clothing. The cold was quickly rising up in their bodies, to the point that Gale even had to return Saba to make sure that he wouldn’t be affected too much. “This is no good.” Gale gritted his teeth in frustation as he rubbed his arms together.

“You sure look cold kid.” Gale raised his head in curiosity as he heard the voice of a man from behind him. He turned around quickly; almost slipping from the floor due to the speed of it.

Behind him stood a man wearing a thorn up black colored uniform, it looked like it hadn’t been washed in days or even weeks and it had the bottom half completely torn. The man had long shaggy black hair that, much like his clothes, seemed to have not been taken care off in a while. “Who are you?” Gale asked, his leg moving back a little as he looked at the man.

“I’m just a wanderer that wanders.” The man pointed out while smiling, though his words only worked in confusing Gale even more. “I was going around this cave exploring when I noticed you walking around aimlessly.” The man laughed; though Gale was not amused by his reaction. “So I see you don’t have a sense of humor.”

“I just don’t see it as funny.” Gale shook his head. However, while he didn’t trust the man and wasn’t about to put his trust on a man he didn’t know it was still true that he had no way to get out of the cave. “Do you know how to get out?” Gale asked with a raised eyebrow.

“I know the way, though I can’t exactly lead you there.” The man shook his head before pocketing his hands. “Come on, why don’t you follow me for now?” he smiled before turning around and walking away from Gale.

Gale crossed his arms and began following him as well, though he was still sure to keep his distance. He remembered all the times that Eddy and Alfred made him keep hsi guard up around stages, due to them living in Kin Island they were already used to the sudden arrivals of bikers or criminals that sometimes escaped from Kanto. “So what’s your name?” he asked curiously.

“Oh now youw ant to talk to me.” The man laughed hoarsely. “Not too shabby. Okay then I guess I’ll enlighten you, you can call me Ray for now.” Ray answered. He actually didn’t seem at all worried about Gale; an obvious sign of how harmless Gale was in his eyes. “And you kid? What’s your name and what are you doing here alone for that matter?”

“My name is Gale Sullivan.” Gale replied simply, slightly closing the distance between hi and Ray. “And I’m here because I came to do some training.” He smiled confidently and clenched his fist in determination.

His smile turned into a frown quickly enough though as he saw the man chuckle and even choke a little. “Oh that’s rich...what are you like 14?” the man asked as he turned to look at Gale. “Well I guess someone like you is still holding on to a naive dream like that.”

“What’s wrong with wanting to become a Trainer?” Gale asked, his eyes glaring at Ray’s back. “Better than being a bum like you.”

“Well you sure got me with that one.” Ray nodded his head. He turned around and looked at Gale before smiling. “I used to have dreams like you, we all did. At least that was before I found out the truth about this world.” He nodded his head, the man’s tone becoming more somber now.

Gale couldn’t help but notice something else though, he seemed to have become uneasier after Gale had mentioned his dream of becoming a Trainer; so much so that his expression reminded him of Alfred’s and Eddy’s during their departure. He then thought back to what Norman had said back at the daycare, about him picking sides. “Hey. What do you mean by that old man?” Gale asked.

“I can’t tell you. It’s a secret.” Ray teased before he pointed at a small path of ice that was right in front of them. “If you keep going through this you may be able to find an exit to this cave.” Gale just stared at Ray for a moment, why was he so adamant on leaving the cave? Did he have something to do or was he running away from something. “So what are you waiting for?”

“I guess if you really want me to.” Gale nodded his head and began walking. Then he heard a faint sound coming from the walls at his side. Gale felt the ice below them start to shake before he saw faint cracks. “What?”

“Out of the way kid!” he heard Ray screamed before he was pushed to the floor by the man and hit the ice, only for him to see the spot where he had been standing on crumble apart as a figure popped out from underneath them.

“What the?” Gale rubbed the back of his head in pain as he stared at the figure that was now walking towards them. Standing in front of them was a large Pokemon with completely white fur, it had a short neck and a bear-like head. The Pokemon had short arms and feet which made it seem like it wouldn’t be able to run or attack, or at least that was till Gale saw the claws that had been taken out. The Pokemon halso had a long beard made out of eyes that came out from its chin.

“What kind of Pokemon is that?” Gale wondered, his face looking completely perplexed as he stared at the large Pokemon. He was only familiar to Pokemon from Kanto and Johto and the fact that the Pokemon seemed to be ready for a fight already just made it harder on him.

“This is what we call a Beartic,” Ray said hesitantly as he stood up in front of Gale. He pulled out a pokeball that had been strapped to his waist and seemed to roll it around on his hand carefully. “It’s a Pokemon from Unova. This is why I wanted you to get out.”

“Well well well, looks like I finally found the little Rattata that got away haven’t I?” From the spot where the Beartic was standing came out another figure, this one was an actual person though. He was wearing a white colored jacket with long sleeves and blue lines on the edge of them. He was wearing a pair of silver colored shoulder pads and armbands; each of those in turn having a circular symbol with an S letter in the center.

“I final found you Commander Raymond Surge, or should I say ex Commander.” The man hissed and began to slowly turned around to face its two targets. He had brown colored eyes that glared down at Ray and Gale, almost as if he was preparing to jump at his prey. He had black colored hair that was combed back and pointy and had tan skin.

“Commander of what?” Gale asked as he looked up at Ray.

The man finally looked at Gale for the first time since his appearance; a smirk showing on his face. “Oh yeah, I forgot you people from these small islands probably don’t even have a clue of how the world really works.” The man snickered. “Your friend here is an ex Commander of the government’s Pokemon Dispatch Military Division or PDMD for short, he was an Commander until he decided to run away and become a useless Rogue Trainer.”

“Rogue Trainer?” Gale raised an eyebrow once more, the name seemed to have peeked his interest. Suddenly he felt a jolt pull at him, almost as if something was trying to get him to realize; as if he knew the answer but didn’t remember.

“Islanders really are stupid.” The man shook his head before turning back to Ray. “However the kid has good timing, you always had a soft spot for young people didn’t you...according to rumors.” Ray frowned, his fist clenching as he glared at the man. “So were they true? Meh doesn’t matter cause it’s all gonna end her right Beartic.”

“Why are you here Shawn, weren’t you part of the Unovan PDMD?” Ray raised an eyebrow, the pokeball now at the ready in case Beartic tried to attack.

“I was but I got promoted.” Shawn raised his hand up and pointed at the symbol that was marked on the armband. “I’m with the Seekers now and my mission is to capture you and any other Rogue Trainer that gets in my way.” The two men stared at each other with clear vigor, neither of them willing to give up on their supposed staring contest. “Beartic...”

“Coffin use Smokescreen now!” Ray screamed at the top of his lungs, his body jumping back and grabbing a hold of Gale as the pokeball he was carrying released a white colored light that was soon replaced with a dense cloud of smoke.

“What’s going on!?” Gale screamed, trying his best to see through the cloud of smoke as he was pulled along by Ray. He didn’t know what was going on and his original resolve was all but shattered at the thought of actually running danger. “Wait! If he’s with the government then why do I have to run too?”

“He’s a Seeker, he might be with the government but I wouldn’t expect anything from him if I were you.” Ray advised, his arm pulling Gale along through the ice path. Gale could see a round purple colored Pokemon following behind them, a large grin plastered on the Pokemon’s face as it looked at the way that they had come from. “Seekers are a blood thirsty division of the goverment, they only respond to the higher ups and their only mission is to catch and arrest Rogue Trainers or kill them if they so wish to.”

Gale just stared at him in disbelief, could the government really do that, create a whole new division with no concern for normal people just so that theyc ould accomplish one goal. Then his mind went back to that one name that he had kept hearing, Rogue Trainers. “What are Rogue Trainers? I’ve never heard of that before?”

“Well I can figure, the Sevvi Islands have always been isolated from other regions and only those who have traveled to other regions or are consistent when it comes to knowing the news will actually have a deep knowledge on the subject.” Ray informed, his head turning around to see if they were being followed.

“Rogue Trainers are trainers who have rebelled against the government, these Trainers travel around the world and are listed as official criminals, as thus they have to hide around.” Ray explained. “Essentially Rogues are Trainers who have refused to register themselves with the government which is a requirement to be an official trainer. When this happens the trainer agrees to participate in any event that the government calls them up for.”

Gale just stared at him in curiosity, he had never heard abotu those rules and he didn’t know if Eddy or Alfred id either. “Not just that but Trainers also have to register their Pokemon and they can only travel to specific cities selected by the government unless certain requirements are met, gyms are an example of this as they’re basically a test to see how strong a Trainer has become and keep check in their strenght.”

“I always thought gyms were meant for you to win a badge and compete in the Pokemon League though.” Gale looked down at the floor, his face falling and showing frustration. He was confused, his dream, his cousin’s dreams it was all different to what they had originally thought. “How come the government does this though?”

“I can’t exactly explain at the moment.” Ry shook his head at Gale. Suddenly hestopped on his tracks and grabbed a hold of Gale’s shoulders. “Listen Gale, no matter what you do just make sure to live a normal life okay, forget what you’ve seen today and keep focusing on your dream, don’t let this deadman’s words guide you.” Ray looked down at him. The man was putting everything he had in trying to make sure that Gale was okay, even though they had just met and even after Gale had been so bad to him when they met.

“I can’t let you die.” Gale shook his head at him. “Why...why would you save me?”

“Because.” Ray stared at him for a moment before he turned around and began walking back. “You’re part of the new generation, even if you’re only one person you still have the chance to change this world and make it something new.” Ray turned his face halfway and smiled at Gale. “So just keep going and don’t worry about this old man.”

Gale stared at Ray, his face turning into one of shock and fear. He slowly and regretfully started turning around and walking away from the man. He felt weak, useless and helpless as if nothing he did would ever be good enough to amount to something. It was just like that time two years back, how he couldn’t help Eddy and had to get Alfred’s help; it was the same, except this time someone was actually going to die. “I can....” A loud explosion rang out from behind him, causing Gale to jump before he was smacked by the shockwave from it and sent sliding along the ice floor against his will; his body no longer under his control.

“Damn it all!” Gale yelled.

“Gale, come out honey you gotta eat.” He heard her voice but he wouldn’t listen, nothing could make him move from where he was. His hands were scratched and most of his fingers had been covered with bandaids but he still kept going as he kept grabbing the parts he needed for his new project. “Come on son it’s been three days.”

He stopped for a moment, his head still rewinding the events that had transpired in the cave. After he had managed to get assitance from the outside the only thing they had found was the man known as Shawn who was still alive. According to reports Ray and his Koffing had gone for a suicide attack...but they had failed either way.

He felt rage grow in him, rage at the man who had sacrificed his life for him and rage at the man who had caused Ray to do so. Seekers, Military, none of that matter to him as he clenched his fists and put them down on the table.

He turned to the laptop that was sitting in front of him right next to his tools. He slowly shifted his hands towards the keyboard and began typing. “Rogue Trainer” hemuttered as he typed.

End of Chapter 3
    Next Time: First Step

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Interesting chapter for sure, I really liked it. Rogue trainers that independent of the government but are considered criminals by the very same government. You have certainly set the stage for an interesting plot.

However, I spotted a lot of spelling errors in this chapter. For example, you've sometimes forgot to put space between words or placed the said space between a letter belonging to a word and placed that said letter in a word next to the - OK, I'm just going to stop here, otherwise it'll get too confusing. But I hope you get the idea, Stellar Haze.

One more thing: "Coffing" is spelled "Koffing". Other than that, I enjoyed reading the chapter and I'm keen to see what's going to happen next.
    Revolutionaryverse

Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast