TEEN: Generation 2021 (Chapter 35 - Into the Forest Again, 15) - Page 5

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Generation 2021 (Chapter 35 - Into the Forest Again, 15)

is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Generation 2021 (Chapter 24/26 up)

Sure, I'll read it. But that was fast! Are you sure you didn't just read the preview of Chapter 25?
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I did. It was pretty interesting.
    Also, I think I'm prepared for a out-of-ten review on my own.

EDIT: My new supersized sig is kind of getting on my nerves.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The_Noob View Post
    Yeah, I did. It was pretty interesting.
    B-b-but... you didn't read the rest of the story first... it's inside those spoiler tags...

EDIT: My new supersized sig is kind of getting on my nerves.
    You should probably shrink it, then. Right now it's 368 px tall, which is waaaaaaaaay past the limit. Your Tarnished Gold banner already fills up the entire space.
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

Blog Entries

Okay, here's Chapter 25. Now that the fic is caught up with the official release, you'll be seeing the date of the next release on my signature.

-----------------------------------

Chapter 25 - The Templar

The fighting scene in this one was a bit lackluster, I'll admit.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Generation 2021 (Chapter 25 up)

*bump* Okay, here's the grand finale of the first half of Generation 2021.

And I'm happy to announce that I'm posting it on Bulbagarden before it goes up on FanFiction.net!

Enjoy this sneak preview (well, pretty much a secret release) of Generation 2021.

Chapter 26 – Wrapping—no, Blowing Things Up

I just ran some statistics through Word. Not counting comments, the entire story is, as of currently, 85,466 words long, and takes up 168 Letter-sized pages. Good luck trying to read that in one sitting. o_O
    Last edited by Zekurom; 26th July 2010 at 07:46 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Generation 2021 (Chapter 26 up)

I believe I have some catching up to do.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lugion View Post
    I believe I have some catching up to do.
    Quite a lot, I presume. How many have you read so far?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zekurom View Post
    Quite a lot, I presume. How many have you read so far?
    I don't really remember. It's been a while.

Blog Entries

Lovin the story. I wonder how your sequel to this is going to be?

Blog Entries

You'll have to wait 'till 2011 to find out :P

There isn't a sequel yet, Chapter 27 is still part of the story, and it goes up till 52.

Okay, here is my review for the first four chapters. As there's lots to say, I'll divide it into different categories.

Suigun: My favourite character in the story so far. He has such a distinct personality, and I love him for it!

Rachel: A well-described character. I like the way she sings on the way out of Spectrum Town. It makes her sound happy and optimistic. Her mysterious disappearence is also quite a cliffhanger.

Rachel's Family: Obviously, they only appear in the first two chapters, but they are again well-described, even though they're minor characters. I clearly have a picture of Tana and Matthew in my head. Their wedding scene was also quite vivid. I loved the priest's speech!

Ken and Hikaru: The brothers seem like the perfect companions for Rachel. I like their personalities. They seem concerned about themselves only, from what I can see from how they abandoned Suigun.

Regigigas Reference: Ah. I do like a good Regigigas Reference. What with the statue thing, and then a mysterious person who appears out of NOWHERE and uses a ROCK-TYPE, a STEEL-TYPE and an ICE-TYPE? Hmm... There's something strange going on here. Or am I looking too closely and are seeing things?

Magikarp Capture: I liked this scene. Throwing a Poké Ball into a pond? Very funny. And then he sent an electric Pokemon into the pond! Brilliant. Denchu is very cool.

Viridian Kidnap I've already mentioned this, but I did like Suigun coming in and desperately trying to make himself clear. And then Rachel goes missing... I also liked Ken and Hikaru's horror when they see Suigun has returned. Serves them right for abandoning my favourite character!

Grammar and other mistakes: I couldn't find any mistakes in the first five chapters, but this might be because everyone else has already mentioned them. If not, then you are a very accurate writer, Mr. Zekurom!

My next review will be coming soon, but from what I've read, this seems like a very good fanfic!
    Last edited by NikNak3000; 29th July 2010 at 11:49 AM.
    NikNak3000's Fanfic Collection

Thumbnails by Instrutilus

Blog Entries

Wow, glad you liked it so much. I'm flattered *blush*

About Ken and Hikaru, no, it was because they were too concerned for Rachel to remember about her Pokemon.

No, you're not seeing things, that is a reference to Regigigas. It comes into play later.

Quote Originally Posted by Zekurom View Post
    Wow, glad you liked it so much. I'm flattered *blush*

About Ken and Hikaru, no, it was because they were too concerned for Rachel to remember about her Pokemon.

Ah, I suppose that works as well.

No, you're not seeing things, that is a reference to Regigigas. It comes into play later.

Hooray! Regigigas!

Blog Entries

BTW, I hope to get people excited enough about my story that they'll think about doing what I depict here to me:

Generation 2021 (Chapter 35 - Into the Forest Again, 15)

XD.

Okay, Chapter reviews for five and six.

Ooh, mysterious singing Lapras! I hope it wasn't using Perish Song! But then, I guess that as half of the Pokémon evolved, it wasn't. And where did all those Pokémon come from? Aargh - too many mysteries!

And Rachel has that dream again! I guess it's some sort of forewarning or something. I'm looking forward to see what the dream thing could mean!

Who is Phoenix? Hmm... He takes Rachel out of the hospital, and when he goes, Rachel's wound is fully healed. And he's been through something in the past... Interesting.

I especially liked the idea of Bill being accused of giving his Pokémon steroids.

Haha. Caterpie, Caterpie, Caterpie, Caterpie, Caterpie, METAPOD! "Oh, I must have evolved when I wasn't looking!" Almost as good as the "I like shorts" line.

I like the idea of changing perspectives - if it's used well, this could be a very good feature of your story. It should help readers understand what the characters are thinking. I might use that idea for my fanfic, if I get the chance. It might work quite well.

Finally! Suigun is used in a battle! And against a Torkoal nicknamed Turkoal. I liked this battle, especially the volcanic ash thing. That was good.

"Nope, I have no idea how to use that." Great. And: "I'm wearing socks?" You do know how to slip bits of humour into your story. Or is that just me and my warped sense of humour?

I didn't comment on Rachel and the Pokémon being one last time, but I think it's a really good idea. It adds depth into your battles.

I've looked as carefully as I can, and still can't find any grammar or spelling mistakes. You seem to be unbeatable, Mr Zekurom! Ah well. My next reviews will be up tomorrow.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast