Gaion: The Frontier

Thread: Gaion: The Frontier

Honorary TARDIS member. Gallevoir's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Gaion: The Frontier

This is an introductory chapter to my story Gaoin: The Frontier. I'll post the first chapter tomorrow. This gives various pieces of information on the story. Hope this was helpful!

BTW, yes, it does have Fakémon. I'll describe them as they appear. I should warn you, there's not an awful lot of dialogue in the story.

Region: Gaion
    Towns/Cities:
    Enoch City
    Londomus City
    Tokyork City
    Mundala Town
    Snowton City
    Dublinia Town
    Parattle City
    Landmarks:
    Enoch Forest
    Londomus Wheel
    Tokyork Shuttle
    Mundala Desert
    <<<<Mundala Falls
    Snowton Mausoleum
    Dublinia Gardens
    Parattle Tower

Name: Isaac
    Hometown: Enoch City, Gaion
    Pokémon:
    Elmire
    Cacturne
    Empoleon
    Padlok
    Jestime
    Mushchic

Wheel Mistress Spinistra
    Team 1:
    Spirror
    Forretress
    Glalie
    Team 2:
    Solrock
    Forretress
    Mercuring

Shuttle Conductor Russel
    Team 1:
    Claydol
    Soldock
    Probopass
    Team 2:
    Claydol
    Porygon-Z
    Rammorn

Cliff Ranger Victoria
    Team 1:
    Skarmory
    Tempestorm
    Jawsnap
    Team2:
    Skarmory
    Golem
    Xenduck

Mausoleum Keeper Leonard
    Team 1:
    Dusknoir
    Seviper
    Rorb
    Team 2:
    Dusknoir
    Sableye
    Revankh

Garden Caretaker Hyacinth
    Team 1:
    Cherrim
    Willorb
    Mandibell
    Team 2:
    Cherrim
    Roserade
    Hiveon

Tower Curator Walter*
    Team 1:
    Guillense**
    Vespiquen
    Lunatone
    Team 2:
    Guillense
    Jestime
    Clefable

*Anyone who can pick out the pattern in Walter's Pokémon gets an e-cookie. Although I am very doubtful anyone will get it.
    **Guillense is a guillotine Pokémon just to help
    Last edited by Gallevoir; 5th July 2010 at 04:11 PM.
    Originally Posted by Steampunk Abortions
    I think you're over-analyzing a children's game that was never meant to make any sense.
    I suppose you could read my fanfiction but that would make you awesome. And I'm sure you don't want that.

Honorary TARDIS member. Gallevoir's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Gaion: The Frontier

So here it is, the first proper Chapter of my fanfiction, Gaion: The Frontier. Just as a note, I'm sorry about Spinistra. You'll find out what I mean.
    Chapter One

Spinistra stood, admiring the city below her wheel. As much as she loved it, there was one thing that always got her, how depressing it was when it was overcast. All of the buildings and people just looked sad while they went about their day under the steel blanket.

She turned around and her long dress flowered slightly. It was bright orange and she was wearing a yellow top with a slightly ruffed middle. The sleeves were pushed up and they bunched around her elbows. Her ballet flats were obscured by the dress as she wandered around her pod, waiting for someone to reach her.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Russel's train hurtled through the Tokyork underground as he sat in his carraige. It was made up to look like a room in some foreign palace. The walls were red velvet and had gold designs on them. All of the furniture was old, wooden and delicate.

His Soldock stood next to the carraige door and directed people to battle with Russel. So far that day there had been no one. It had changed its appearance to suit the design of the room.

He was dressed in 18th Century French clothes, with a black coat with gold buttons and a gold and red trim. Under that he wore a black vest which was similar in design to his overcoat, with gold buttons. He wore black trousers and shoes.

On his face was an ornately designed mask with blue marks under the eyes and red ones over them. Just above the nose was a yellow mark and on either side of that were two yellow swirls. He wore a brown wig with curly, shoulder-length hair.

Russel was about to call it a day when there was a knock on the carraige door. Soldock opened it and a girl walked in. She wore a pink dress with a gold band around the middle and her hair was done up in an elegant bun.
    “Finally! I was beginning to worry no one would get this far today!” He called his Soldock over and it reverted to its base form, a blank, wooden-looking human shape. It had large steel claws extending from its hands.

She sent out a Lopunny and their battle began.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~

Victoria was always either in two places if she wasn't at home; on top of her facility, The Mundala Waterfall, or climbing it. Today, against her will, she was doing the former.

There had been some challengers that day and so she had to stay perched on top of the cliff face, waiting for the person to win their way up.

There was two ways of getting up the waterfall, one was to beat a succsession of Trainers which would lead you up a long flight of stairs to Victoria. The other option was to physically scale the cliff yourself. The former was almost always chosen.

So there she was, sitting with her dark green top and shorts. She wore a belt which had her Pokéballs and other essentials on it. Her shoes were beside her and she was on a rock jutting out of the river, dangling her feet over the edge into the waterfall.

At sometime around midday, a Trainer did something unexpected, he climbed up the cliff to get to Victoria. He hauled himself up and wheezed for a few seconds before standing up straight and facing at Victoria.

“First of all, well done for climbing up. Second, I hope your Pokémon are ready!” She sent out her Skarmory to go against his Politoed and their battle for her Courage Symbol began.

Each Facility Head gave out a Symbol upon defeat. A Trainer with all six Symbols then had to fight each Head again in succsession. They had to start again if they lost once, just like the other Regions' Elite Fours.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Leonard walked slowly around his Facility, the Snowton Mausoleum, and waited in the dark for a challenger. His Facility required Trainers to battle his sub-Keepers in order to gain acess to the coffins which led to the other rooms.

There was no pattern to the coffins, this meant that trainers had to fight all of his sub-Keepers before they could fight Leonard. He gave out a complimentary healing when Trainers reached him to give them a fighting chance.

And did they need one. Most Trainers who managed to get to him lost without him losing one Pokémon.

He sighed loudly and his Dusknoir turned to look at him. It tilted its head to the side in a questioning gesture.
    “I'm fine. Promise.” He smiled but Dusknoir wasn't convinced. It shrugged anyway and went back to sleep in its corner of the room.

His Seviper hissed lightly and coiled itself around his shoulders. He patted its head and smiled happily.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hyacinth pottered around her large garden awaiting someone to burst through the hole in the hedge and battle her. She was weeding it with the help of her Mandibell and a pair of small shears. Mandibell was using its inpressive external mandibles to cut off the large weeds.

Her garden was beautiful originally it had been owned by her privately but when the Gaion Frontier Company came they bought it and turned into a facility. She was allowed to keep her plants and water them so she was happy with the arrangement.

She'd had a sprinkler system installed so she didn't have to rely on the virtually nonexistant rain. It kept her plants nice and hydrated so they always bloomed beautifully.

Her Mandibell was a large, bee-like Pokémon. Its body was yellow and it had exactly three black rings on it. On the end of its body was a tail which ended in a drill-like stinger. Its wings were thin and clear; it had two pairs. It had a small head and to large mandibles on its mouth. It had six spindily legs.

Hyacinth herself was wearing a long green dress with a yellow and white floral design on it. Her top was light purple and had no sleeves. She was wearing no shoes under her dress, due to all of the wakable space being grass. On her head she wore a wide straw hat which kept the sun off of her face.

She got up suddenly and her Cherrim had to hold on tightly to stop itself flying off.
    “Sorry! Sorry!” She patted it gently and readjusted it.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Tower Curator, Walter, wandered around his room, inspecting everything for dust or cracks. He was wearing his ususal dress of a brown tweed jacket, a brown waistcoat, a white shirt and a red tie. He also wore black shoes and brown trousers. He had grey hair and walked with a cane.

His Vespiquen hovered behind him, following him around as he did his work. Her red eyes bored into his back untill he turned around.
    “What's wrong?” Vespiquen pointed across to the stairs at the other side of the room. A shadow was slowly ascending. It was a Trainer.
    “Oh. Well you know what to do. Battle stations.” Vespiquen quickly buzzed to the middle of the room just as the girl made her way up the final steps.

When the girl entered the room, Walter was sitting at his desk. Vespiquen guided the girl to the seat in front of the desk and she sat down.
    “Okay, before you battle me were going to play a game. Do you see that wheel over there?” he asked. She looked to her left and saw a large wheel with writing on it.

“I'll draw two cards, one for you one for me, if your one is higher, you'll spin the wheel. If mine is higher, I'll spin.”

She nodded and he picked two cards off the top of the deck and put them next to each other. He picked the right one and she picked the left one. They flipped the cards over at the same time and the girl had a Queen of Diamonds while Walter had a Nine of Clubs.
    “Well done, you win. You can spin the wheel now.”

The girl left her seat and went over to the wheel. She took hold of one of the handles and pulled hard, causing the wheel to begin spinning.

Was it fantabulous? Or was it not? Review and tell me. If anyone mentions the lack of dialogue they'll get a dishourable mention in my next Chapter. Ooh scary, I know.
    Originally Posted by Steampunk Abortions
    I think you're over-analyzing a children's game that was never meant to make any sense.
    I suppose you could read my fanfiction but that would make you awesome. And I'm sure you don't want that.