The Fiction Fairground Rulebook (updated 22nd May 2013 - please read before posting) - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: The Fiction Fairground Rulebook (updated 22nd May 2013 - please read before posting)

I am sneaking at you! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Writer's Workshop Rulebook (updated 22nd May 2013 - please read before posting)

If I someone has written about a character from pokemon anime and I want to make a different story about that character can I do that? It should be ok because I will use chracters who comes from the anime.
    I know all your secrets!

BECAUSE I AM THE SPYPITOAD!

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Writer's Workshop Rulebook (updated 22nd May 2013 - please read before posting)

Do you mean can you write about a character even if someone else has a story about them as well? If so, than yes, you can, as long as it is not the same or an exceedingly similar story.

^^^^ The GalacticVerse Bibliography (Thanks to Blazaking for Banner) ^^^^

Follow juiceboxxx On Twitter
    Follow juiceboxxx on Tumblr

Default Re: The Fiction Fairground Rulebook (updated 22nd May 2013 - please read before posti

Detailed descriptions of the use of illicit drugs or alcohol.
    Just noticed that there's no mention of tobacco use on the ratings list. Was that intentional?

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Fiction Fairground Rulebook (updated 22nd May 2013 - please read before posti

Quote Originally Posted by juiceboxxx View Post
    Just noticed that there's no mention of tobacco use on the ratings list. Was that intentional?
    I do not think it was intentional or unintentional. While I am personally against smoking, when it comes to writing smoking a cigarette is not the same as writing a sequence involving drunkenness or suffering from the effects of drugs. It is also a legal substance in most places around the world, unlike most drugs and that. I may look into this though... Why are you asking?

Follow juiceboxxx On Twitter
    Follow juiceboxxx on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by AceTrainer14 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by juiceboxxx View Post
    I do not think it was intentional or unintentional. While I am personally against smoking, when it comes to writing smoking a cigarette is not the same as writing a sequence involving drunkenness or suffering from the effects of drugs. It is also a legal substance in most places around the world, unlike most drugs and that. I may look into this though... Why are you asking?
    Really, I was just wondering.

Blog Entries

I have a small question before I go and embarrass myself ^^. If I were to write something manga-style, like the Pokemon Adventures series by Hidenori Kusaka, would I post it here in the fan fiction thread or the Art Section? I couldn't decide and it didn't say in either rule book ^^'

Edit: Alright, thanks, I'll try that.
    Last edited by Lifestream; 30th June 2013 at 12:11 PM.
    Lookin for cloner! VM/PM Lifestream if interested!

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lifestream View Post
    I have a small question before I go and embarrass myself ^^. If I were to write something manga-style, like the Pokemon Adventures series by Hidenori Kusaka, would I post it here in the fan fiction thread or the Art Section? I couldn't decide and it didn't say in either rule book ^^'
    If it is textual, than you would post it here. However, if it involves drawings, I would presume that goes in the art section, but I am not entirely sure if they have an area for it. I would recommend asking Paperhorse or Blazaking for more help, but I do not think manga stories would go here.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234