The Fiction Fairground Rulebook (updated 22nd May 2013 - please read before posting) - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: The Fiction Fairground Rulebook (updated 22nd May 2013 - please read before posting)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Writer's Workshop Rulebook (updated 31st May 2012 - please read before posting)

I'd say mature, especially if there's mentions of drugs and sexual stuff.

My real father lost his head at King's Landing. I made a choice, and I chose wrong. ~ Theon Greyjoy

Ms. Canadian Destroyer Caite-chan's Avatar
    Follow Caite-chan On Twitter

Default Re: Writer's Workshop Rulebook (updated 31st May 2012 - please read before posting)

I just wanted to make sure before I went and posted... Do One Shots get posted right into the Archive section or not?

Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Caite-chan View Post
    I just wanted to make sure before I went and posted... Do One Shots get posted right into the Archive section or not?
    You can post one shots into the main Writer's Workshop, there's no need to post them straight into the Archives. You can have them moved to the archives once you feel they've outlived their stay in the Workshop.

I hope this is helpful =)
    AceTrainer14 likes this.

Blog Entries

Even though this is a fanfic subforum are we allowed to post writing works which do not involve and characters or elements of other stories. In other words can it be 100% created by us?
    My approach to acting is that I am totally intuitive. I read the script and I get it. If I don't get it, I can't do it.
    -Morgan Freeman

Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by smaug85 View Post
    Even though this is a fanfic subforum are we allowed to post writing works which do not involve and characters or elements of other stories. In other words can it be 100% created by us?
    Yes, that's fine. Other users have done this too. There's even an Award specifically set aside for users who do not write about Pokemon: it doesn't have to be about another fandom to qualify for that award either.

Follow juiceboxxx On Twitter
    Follow juiceboxxx on Tumblr

I do have a question: What would you guys consider the cutoff point when it comes to swearing--how much would make a fic Mature as opposed to Teen?

I have a fic that's relatively mild as far as swearing goes 95% of the time (with the worst usually being along the lines of "you bastard"), but there is the occasional Precision F-Strike.

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

We sad that frequent mild language would be classified as teen with the occasional (and hopefully justified) explicit language being allowed as well. If you frequently use explicit language such as the f bomb, that would be Mature. If you want some extra guidance, you could look at what words are banned on American television: that is a general idea of what you probably shouldn't be frequently throwing around in a teen or everyone story.

We have some revisions/suggestions/recommendations rating wise coming out soon enough.

^^^^ The GalacticVerse Bibliography (Thanks to Blazaking for Banner) ^^^^

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Writer's Workshop Rulebook (updated 22nd May 2013 - please read before posting)

Please be aware that there has been a rule change to Rule 1. Mislabelled Fiction/Inappropriate Content, with new necessary requirements for Mature fiction that all users must read.

Default Re: Writer's Workshop Rulebook (updated 22nd May 2013 - please read before posting)

Where does amputation fall under the gore/violence scale, and does it depend on how it's described or the context? (I could put a rough draft of the paragraph here if you want. It's not torture or anything; it was done to save a certain character's life, which I think is kind of the exact opposite of violence.)

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by juiceboxxx View Post
    Where does amputation fall under the gore/violence scale, and does it depend on how it's described or the context? (I could put a rough draft of the paragraph here if you want. It's not torture or anything; it was done to save a certain character's life, which I think is kind of the exact opposite of violence.)
    The guide says Mature is for gore done so in a detailed and grisly fashion. If it is to save a life, that is alright for teen as long as you do not get too descriptive. For example, if you have watched Game of Thrones this season and witnessed their certain amputation, that is the level of mature not to have in teen. Just have the hand get cut off and maybe a very brief description but nothing that would make it too dark. Just use your own judgement and give a warning at the start of the chapter :)

Blog Entries

Heh. Which amputation are you referring to? One might be too mature for Mature. :P

Both legs, if the person getting the amputation is trapped without any other way of getting them free.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Like I said, as long as it is for a more positive reason like that and you don't go into any detail, it will be fine as teen. Avoid writing anything like what the knife cuts through or blood spewing anywhere or describing the injury too much and it will be all good :)

And Lugion, I was thinking of the first amputation, not the one that happened off screen...

I am sneaking at you! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

May the writer post two different posts in a row if he posts new chapters?
    I know all your secrets!

BECAUSE I AM THE SPYPITOAD!

Blog Entries

Yes, if you wait three hours between each posting.

My real father lost his head at King's Landing. I made a choice, and I chose wrong. ~ Theon Greyjoy

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast