The Fiction Fairground Rulebook (updated 22nd May 2013 - please read before posting) - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: The Fiction Fairground Rulebook (updated 22nd May 2013 - please read before posting)

Bulbasaur rocks. Period. Bulbajer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Bulbajer's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Writer's Workshop Rulebook (updated 31st May 2012 - please read before posting)

Quick question. I know that the rules disallow creating a thread with only a link to a fanfic on another site. But what about posting a story to both Bulbagarden and another website?

Bulbajer types interesting posts at the speed of light! Surrender to his refreshing sense of humor or prepare to fight!
    ~ ~ ~
    TCG collector, original series fan, and uncompromising Pokéshipper.
    Other fandoms: Teen Titans, Ranma 1/2, Sword Art Online, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
    ~ ~ ~
    (James seeing Unown in M03) "I haven't seen this many strange letters since the last time I placed a personal ad."

Blog Entries

Default Re: Writer's Workshop Rulebook (updated 31st May 2012 - please read before posting)

That's fine. Any of your content that is posted here isn't exclusive to Bulbagarden and can be posted anywhere else.

My real father lost his head at King's Landing. I made a choice, and I chose wrong. ~ Theon Greyjoy

Bulbasaur rocks. Period. Bulbajer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Bulbajer's Youtube Channel

Okay, great. Thanks!

Bulbajer types interesting posts at the speed of light! Surrender to his refreshing sense of humor or prepare to fight!
    ~ ~ ~
    TCG collector, original series fan, and uncompromising Pokéshipper.
    Other fandoms: Teen Titans, Ranma 1/2, Sword Art Online, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
    ~ ~ ~
    (James seeing Unown in M03) "I haven't seen this many strange letters since the last time I placed a personal ad."

Forbidden Forest Ranger Cosmic Gerbil's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Cosmic Gerbil on Facebook

I have 2 questions please.

1: I have written a Pokemon story but a real band (Metallica) are also in it. Is this allowed, or do I need to change the characters' names, to make them original?
    2: What classification should my story be? It has one violent scene, alcohol use, mention of drugs and prostitution and use of the F word (but in a swearing, not sexual context).
    Exit light
    Enter night
    Take my hand
    We're off to never never-land

Blog Entries

1. There's no need to change anything when it comes to real world people, places or groups.

2. I'd say Teen, but I'm a bit iffy on the mentions of prostitution. As long as it's not too graphically descriptive, even in just mentions, it should be fine.

My real father lost his head at King's Landing. I made a choice, and I chose wrong. ~ Theon Greyjoy

Awesomest guy ALIVE Captain_Kaos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hey can you make fanfics that are not based around pokemon

Click these eggs, if you don't want them to die

Blog Entries

Yes. In fact, you'll find that there's a rather large minority of fics here that are non-Pokémon.
    Gama likes this.

Blog Entries

Visit Kira Akigari's Youtube Channel

I have one question:
    I have an account to another forum and I have a FanFic there can I copy it and put it here and What classification my story would be it has violence

Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kira Akigari View Post
    I have one question:
    I have an account to another forum and I have a FanFic there can I copy it and put it here and What classification my story would be it has violence
    Yes you can copy a story from elsewhere and post it here - that's fine. Though be careful to obey the excessive updates rule (have a look at the OP of this thread).

It depends on the extent of the violence. If it's graphic violence, I'd say mature. If it's just someone getting beaten up or fighting but there's not an enormous amount of description about the violence, probably teen. Just try to make a sensible assessment of it yourself and, if in doubt, go for the higher rating.

Blog Entries

Visit Kira Akigari's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Gama View Post
    I have one question:
    Yes you can copy a story from elsewhere and post it here - that's fine. Though be careful to obey the excessive updates rule (have a look at the OP of this thread).

It depends on the extent of the violence. If it's graphic violence, I'd say mature. If it's just someone getting beaten up or fighting but there's not an enormous amount of description about the violence, probably teen. Just try to make a sensible assessment of it yourself and, if in doubt, go for the higher rating.
    There is blood lots of them

Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

There is blood lots of them
    As I said, if you're unsure, go for the higher rating (in this case "MATURE").

Two questions.
    One, it sounds like I can't post two chapters at once even if they're in the same post, correct?
    Two, and I doubt it will be an issue but just to be 100% sure, the fanfic that I want to post here should have a teen rating, but there is a slight possibility that further down the line I will include something that is borderline mature. If that were to happen, would I just change the label? Again, it probably won't be an issue, I don't really want the scene I'm thinking of in there but as the story progresses I might change my mind.

Blog Entries

For the first one, keep your chapters in separate posts (and allow a few hours between each post).

I've often wondered about the second question myself, as I had plans to do something like that. @AceTrainer14; @Gama; what's the official ruling on this?

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

It would largely depend how mature the content is. If it is just for one or two chapters, then make a note that there is certain mature content in this chapter and warn people before hand so they can decide if they want to continue. However, if the content will carry on for the rest of the story (more than a few chapters), then I would say change the rating at that point and edit the first post of the fic to specify that it is teen content up until Chapter ... .

^^^^ The GalacticVerse Bibliography (Thanks to Blazaking for Banner) ^^^^

Blog Entries

I'm thinking of writing a story or stories based on Pokemon games but fairly darker. There will most-likely be violence and swearing, and possibly mentions of drug-use, and sex (all the characters will be teenager or older). How should I classify it/them?
    I don't care about IVs or EVs, or natures or anything. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and I love them like that.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast