The Fanfic board contact list

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fanfic board contact list

The Astute cynic

Default The Fanfic board contact list

So, I've been talking with a few others on the fanfic board for a while. A few of those, I've known for almost ages in terms of the internet. At least, my life on the internet. Few, I've known for only a while now. So, is there a way to remedy that? Of course there is - this topic.

As my first modly (only a writer can put authority to words he makes up) action, I set up this contact list so that we all can become much closer, and realize that it's not just about replying to a few fics here and there (no matter how far between each reply is.) Let us build this floundering board into a thriving community that'll rival the best of them. In fact, let us become the best of them.

Contact info
    ~
    Aim: Tygerofdanyte
    msn: tygerofdanyte@hotmail.com
    email: arunkr.shivers@gmail.com/tygerofdanyte@hotmail.com

EDIT: (MistyRocks here) Just wanna include a bit of an "About Me" thing in this so we get to know our fellow fanficcers.

So basically just waffle about writing and such so everyone gets to know each other.

Name:
    (That stuff's optional if you find it too personal or whatever)
    Favourite Authors:
    Favourite Books:
    When and why you started writting fanfiction? And what kinda stuff do you write?
    What type of fanfiction do you like to read? Do you follow fanfics on the board?
    Oooh, do you read and reply?? Eh?

You don't have to answer anything specificly, I'm just trying to give you somewhere to start like.
    Last edited by MistyRocks; 23rd May 2005 at 02:50 PM.
    " Jesus Christ -The Lord and Saviour of the Christian faith. Also a big fan of FPS and Fighting Games. He enjoys shooting people in online games when they are talking, and "throwing up the horns" when he wins. Also known for his legendary skill in Mario Kart: Double Dash - for his ability to "bring those blue sparks" (qtd from Wikipedia).

Goronda Type Vice-Webmaster Evil Figment's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

AIM : Damiansilverblad
    msn : damian_silverblade_-_AT_-_hotmail.com
    email : guillaume.hebert_-_AT_-_gmail.com

(in both case the _-_AT_-_ stands for @)

Name: Guillaume Hébert-Jodoin
    Where you're from: Montreal region, province of Québec, Canada.
    Favourite Authors: Trick question? Guy Gavriel Kay, Gérald Messadié, and, uh...can't really think of many right now.
    Favourite Books: Can't think of a single one that really comes on top right now.
    When and why you started writting fanfiction? And what kinda stuff do you write? Started in 2000 because I had some weird ideas on where the anime should go ; I write mostly dark and fantasy stuff.
    What type of fanfiction do you like to read? See above.
    Do you follow fanfics on the board? Not really. I'm not much good at following fanfics.
    Oooh, do you read and reply? I'll have to plead guilty to not doing this ^^;
    Last edited by Evil Figment; 23rd May 2005 at 04:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka and Hurristat
    He's an evil director / He'll give out infractions / Do something wrong / And he takes direct actions
    Then what'll he do?/ He'll permaban you / You find your name slashed / With a message, 'Adieu'
    Sooooo...watch out!
    "It is said that the federal government, if it was in charge of the Sahara, would run out of sand in five years. Private enterprise, being more efficient, would do it in half the time - and they'd make money off the bridges." - me.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton's last letter. Rest in peace, Jack.

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Contact info
    ~
    Aim: ...don't get me started. Aim is garbage.
    msn: blackjackgabbiani@hotmail.com (but DO NOT e-mail me here, I never check it)
    yahoo: cammycommando
    email: cammycommando@yahoo.com

Name: Blackjack Gabbiani
    Where you're from: Somewhere in the Pacific Northwest, US
    When and why you started writing fanfiction? And what kinda stuff do you write?: I think I started when I was about three and did a poem about Tigger. Which is a far cry from the mostly TR-orientated darkfics I do now.
    What type of fanfiction do you like to read? Do you follow fanfics on the board?: I mostly like to read about characters you don't hear about a lot.
    Oooh, do you read and reply?? Eh?: Of course I read, but I'm pretty bad about leaving replies.

Java Girl Barb's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries

Contact info:
    AIM: BarbLLM
    MSN: barbaralemaster27@hotmail.com
    Email: barbaralemaster@bellsouth.net

Name: Barbara (or Barb)
    Where You're From: New Orleans by birth, Florida by choice
    When and why you started writing fanfiction: I started writing in 2001 and posting to FFN. I had been keeping a journal with some made-up characters that I still haven't found a use for.
    What type of fanfiction do you like to read? Anything. I usually don't read lemon/lime fics, though.
    Do you read and reply? I try to. ^^;;

A strange and magical frozen land of ice and beer called "Canada"

MSN: asylumofthedamned@hotmail.com
    AIM: (none. AOL is for losers)
    Email: asylumofthedamned@hotmail.com

Name: Nunayar Dambizniz
    Where you're from: A strange and magical frozen land of ice and beer called "Ca-na-da"
    (That stuff's optional if you find it too personal or whatever)
    Favourite Authors: Issac Asimov, Edgar Allen Poe
    Favourite Books: Silvering, The Icarus Seal, Payback, miscellaneous mythology
    When and why you started writting fanfiction: 2000. Started because I had nothing better to waste my time with.
    And what kinda stuff do you write: Action/Sci-Fi mostly. Very rarely will you catch me writing anything else.
    What type of fanfiction do you like to read: Humor. Most of the "serious" stuff is crap anyway
    Do you follow fanfics on the board: Would if I could. I'm happy in my own little world.
    Oooh, do you read and reply: ^^. I will sometimes if I do read.
    Last edited by iNFeCTED; 10th June 2005 at 10:04 PM.

Gym Leader

well, bout time that I filled this yoke out!!!

Aim: InanityTheTiger
    msn: inanity_the_tiger@hotmail.com
    email: inanity@campus.ie (I do check my hotmail one as well tho, just not very regularly)

Name: Sarah
    Where you're from: Ireland. you know, that lil insignificant country that the vast majority of Americans claim to be related back too...
    Favourite Authors: very much into Lewis at the moment (rereading the chronicles of narnia) I like Dan Brown, tho haven't read much of his stuff. Stephen King is pretty awesome... ah I dunno, I read almost everything that's put in front of me. Except Harry Potter books... I dunno, there's just something about them...
    Favourite Books: oooh ooh, the green-sky trilogy! they rock! the chronicles of narnia... I dunno.
    When and why you started writting fanfiction? And what kinda stuff do you write? I write... blah. I dunno, trainer fics? supposedly I used to write romance stuff, dunno bout that now. my fanfics are all pokemon based cuz that anime was great craic when I started watching it and the games ruled too...
    What type of fanfiction do you like to read? Do you follow fanfics on the board? EVERYTHING! I just like reading completely random stuff... I do follow fanfics. Um, read all the first series of Pokemon Impact, and shall read the second. I'm reading Ambition's Debt, despite the speed of updating... hmmm... that fanfic by Jo-Jo, the one written in script form... can't remember name right now but I think it's awesome... Ohmygod, can't think of the name of the other either... eh something Amongst Thieves. Honour is it? grr, the main character's called Vyle (very fitting for a thief, no? I really like that name for him)... that one's pretty well written too... tho not updated so much I don't think... oh right, i've been rambling...
    Oooh, do you read and reply?? Eh? YES! I'm oh so good... well, pretty good. I do read and reply the majority of times. Tho sometimes I read and wander away to think about it cuz I'm not quite sure what to say and then I come back to it. I could be better tho... and I shall be. Tho I dunno if I could read *everything* on the board. Maybe that can be my own personal challenge...

ahem... rambling again... this happens because no one will talk to me in random fic topics...

Here we go...

AIM Triptomelus
    MSN stellar95@hotmail.com

Name Grey.
    Actual Name A J Hawthorne.
    Age 20 (21 in October).
    From? Can't really say; I move around too much to actually have a "hometown". Let's just say the United States.
    Favorite Authors Douglas Adams, Edgar Allen Poe, Anne McAffrey.
    Favorite Books Dragonriders of Pern, the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
    Started Writing? 1998.
    Preferred Genre Action and adventure; some humor. People also tell me that I'm a sappy romance fiend as well...
    the Kyuusaisha

Sometimes the answers just don't come...

Blog Entries

*hugs Ages* I was introduced to Anne McCaffrey's books by BenRG, another poster here. Have you read the newest Pern novel that her son, Todd, wrote?

Quote Originally Posted by Barb
    *hugs Ages* I was introduced to Anne McCaffrey's books by BenRG, another poster here. Have you read the newest Pern novel that her son, Todd, wrote?
    Unfortunately, no. Right now I don't have any means to go out and do things... :(

I blame that on the fact that I don't have a stable place of living at the moment.
    the Kyuusaisha

Sometimes the answers just don't come...

Blog Entries

I'm sorry to hear that.

I saw it at my local library on Saturday, and after I'm finished with my other books, I'm getting it.

Small and Deadly

Aim: Timarelay
    msn: timarelay@hotmail.com
    email: mercury.quirks@gmail.com

Name: Aba
    Where you're from: Hm. Places. Mostly based, at the moment, due to college and where my parents live(in that order) in Connecticut and Ghana.
    Favourite Authors: Long list. A few being Neil Gaiman, Kelley Armstrong, Anne McCaffrey, Mercedes Lackey, Dean Koontz, Laurell K Hamilton, Anne Bishop, Lynn Flewelling, Tanya Huff, Rachel Caine, and David Eddings.
    Favourite Books: Um. Well there's a hard one. Although I must say that two series that put me in a very good mood(well, several very good types of moods) are Laurell K Hamilton's Anita Blake Vampire Hunter series and Kelley Armstrongs werewolf books(the latest ones about the witch are good too, but I miss Elena and Clayton).
    When and why you started writting fanfiction? And what kinda stuff do you write? I'm not really sure when I started. I think maybe in 98 or 97, originally FF7 stuff through IFs(RPGs). Then I started Pokemon fanfiction whenever TPM started...I think in 1999. I write... well, my three biggest fics were a fantasy, a Gundam Wing plot ripoff(no mecha), and a romance fic.
    What type of fanfiction do you like to read? Do you follow fanfics on the board? Good character driven stuff, essentially. I guess I'm starting to follow a few fics here, now.
    Oooh, do you read and reply?? Eh?: Generally, when I read, I reply. Eventually. I just don't read often.

Has anyone read Todd's Dragonriders of Pern book? I'm tempted to read it but I dunno... It has to be good. I loved that series. Read everything to do with it, even The Dragonlover's Guide to Pern(and tried to make Klah too!).
    Riding Fire
    A (very short and completed) original character fanfic about Rapidash Racing.

Blog Entries

I have the Dragonlover's guide as well. Haven't read Todd's book yet, but I have high hopes.

Gym Leader

well, this topic gone quite dead. I notice that we have far more writers on this board than have put up contact details and such... nobody got any community feeling anymore?

Blog Entries

AIM: Megamisama Bell
    MSN and email: belldandymorisato@gmail.com

Name: Dani
    Where you're from: the US
    Favourite Authors: Orson Scott Card
    Favourite Books: Ender's Game (and the sequels), Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (and the sequels), Left Behind: the kids series
    When and why you started writting fanfiction? Last year, Mikey's one of my favorite characters on Pokemon and I always wondered what his Pokemon journey would be like so I'm writing it.
    And what kinda stuff do you write? Only one fic but I guess it's a trainer one.
    What type of fanfiction do you like to read? a lot
    Do you follow fanfics on the board? sometimes
    Oooh, do you read and reply? yeah

My fic: Mikey's Kanto Journey

Neko daisuki-na no nya! Strawberry Delcatty's Avatar

AIM: Ida Kathry
    MSN: idakathry@aol.com
    YIM: sailorpashmina
    E-mail: IdaKathry@aol.com

Name: Ida
    Where you're from: California
    When and why you started writting fanfiction?: 10-11 years ago; out of boredom
    What kinda stuff do you write?: Whatever I'm in the mood of writing
    What type of fanfiction do you like to read?: Whatever I'm in the mood of reading
    Do you follow fanfics on the board?: Not really
    Oooh, do you read and reply?: Sometimes

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast