ATTENTION: Fairground Survey and Awards News

Thread: Fairground Survey and Awards News

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Default Fairground Survey and Awards News

Hello everyone!

To all the old timers, welcome back, and to the mass of new writers we have had later, welcome to the forum!

I have summoned you all here today to tell you all about a survey we are conducting. The moderators and I are beginning to discuss and work on a number of things to help improve the Fiction Fairground and Written Word and hopefully make for a much nicer experience for everyone. However, in order for us to achieve that, we need some of your feedback. As such, I have written this survey for people to take part in that will help give us an idea on general things like how much you read and write, and more detailed things like how people feel about the Awards and which of the many threads we do for you (such as the Review Game and Weekly Prompt Thread) people actually use.

So, I ask everyone if they can please take two minutes out of your day to fill in THE FICTION FAIRGROUND SURVEY 2014!!!! We will have this going for about two weeks or so, so please take some time and fill it in so you can hep us make this forum better for everyone.

And as a thanks for people filling this in, I have more good news! As we did not have a Christmas Short Story competition last year, we have decided there is no point letting the badge we have for it go to waste, so we will judge any Christmas/Winter/Holiday themed stories in next months Spring Awards! Any short one-off story that is between 2,000 and 25,000 stories that is written between now and the 8th of February will be included for either automatic judging in the Awards, or if we receive a huge amount of entries they will be entered into the Voting Round. If you believe you wrote a story that fits these requirements between the previous Awards and now, let me know and I will see if it is eligible :)
    (This is also a reminder that the Awards are next month, so start updating any stories you want to enter, think about if you do want to enter, and if you want to judge let me know - I will be messaging the judges we want from last time soon to see if they can continue their roles).

Thank you, and please take part in the survey; it has taken me a lot of time to put together and get right, but it won't take more than a few minutes for you to fill in :)

Ace

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Fairground Survey and Awards News

Submissions to the survey have slowed, so just letting people know we still want and need your feedback! Do not think it is going to be ignored; I am reading every survey entry as it comes in and we will be using these to look at how things are done in the Fairground. It is very easy to fill in and takes no time at all, and your feedback could help make significant changes to this section.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Just as a reminder, we are still running this for the next few days so if you have not yet joined in the survey, please take a few minutes and fill it in! It is not terribly long and your feedback goes a long way. We would especially like to hear from people who perhaps do not participate in the things like the General Chat or the Awards as much, so we know why you do not and if there is anything we can do to change :)

Trophies
    Blog Entries

The survey period is now closed. Thank you everyone who submitted their feedback. I will be posting a survey analysis later in the week.

Also, the Awards are now open, you can find all relevant information about nominations here