The Fairground Quiz: Quiz Two Has Begun!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 41

Thread: The Fairground Quiz: Quiz Two Has Begun!

  1. #1
    Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    4,320
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default The Fairground Quiz: Quiz Two Has Begun!

    Hello everybody!

    A long time ago, way back in March 2013 (weren’t those the days?), we here tried to launch a new monthly feature. The Workshop Quiz proved successful in its sole outing as a way for us all to pass the time and make life more exciting, but a number of flaws also prevented us from doing it again.

    However, after much discussions and attempts to resurrect this, The Quiz has returned, bigger and better than every before!

    Here is how things work. Any user with an active story in the Fairground can come up with a question and PM it to me. When we have ten questions, I will post the quiz, and everyone must read the stories featured and find the answers and be the first one to get all ten correct in order to win. The prize will be promotion of your work on our Twitter feed (@bulbawriters) and a custom made banner by the wonderful Blazaking. Anyone can take part in the quiz itself: if you have already submitted a question, there will be a bonus eleventh question only people who have submitted have to answer. Also, you can take part in the quiz itself even if you do not have a story – we would simply alter the specifics of the prize if that is the case.

    The quiz will be once every two months, and this first one will begin as soon as I have ten questions, so start submitting! The quiz will run for a maximum of two weeks after it begins, so the sooner you read the sooner things are over. Unlike last time, you will only have one chance to get the questions right, so make sure everything is right the first time you submit!

    Questions submitted must come from somewhere in the first 10,000 words of your story maximum, and be formatted in a way akin to “In Eight Easy Steps, what colour are Alaska’s jeans?”. All questions must have one answer that is clear to anyone who reads the story, though can be of any difficulty. We will not accept questions with a vague answer or one that requires philosophical understanding of the story (ie: In Eight Easy Steps, what role does Alaska’s family life have in her decision to leave?). When you submit the question, you must give me the answer plus its location in the story so I can double check.

    If I need to elaborate on something then please let me know. Otherwise, message me with your questions and let the first quiz begin! :D

    Quiz Index:
    Quiz One - Complete. Winner: @Elysia
    Quiz Two: Nominations Open
    Last edited by AceTrainer14; 10th November 2014 at 04:34 PM.

  2. #2

    Default Re: The Fairground Quiz: Submissions Open!

    Quick question for ya: what is considered an "active" story?

  3. #3
    Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    4,320
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: The Fairground Quiz: Submissions Open!

    Quote Originally Posted by Life View Post
    Quick question for ya: what is considered an "active" story?
    A story that is still being updated/there are still chapters to post. Even if you have not posted a chapter for a few months but still intend to, that is alright. I will also accept questions for stories that concluded or one shots posted within the last three months in accordance with our general rules on that matter. By 'active', I simply mean don't give us questions for a story you wrote one chapter for two years ago and then did nothing else with.

  4. #4
    Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    4,320
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: The Fairground Quiz: Submissions Open!

    Remember to get your questions in! We would like to get this up and going soon, but we actually need people to take part in order for this to work! It would be extremely disappointing if people do not take up the opportunity, one a lot of people have been asking to return since the original round. I don't put these things on for my benefit, it is so that your work can be promoted and gain new readers and so all of you can take part, as I do not. All you have to do is think up a question, send it in and we can get this going - it is that simple, I cannot fathom why people have not run and picked up this opportunity. You cannot complain about not getting readers/reviews if you do not take the smallest of efforts to put your work out there.

  5. #5
    Mafia + URPG :D -Polaris-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    A land of wonder... My bed.
    Posts
    241

    Follow -Polaris- on Tumblr

    Default Re: The Fairground Quiz: Submissions Open!

    Do we PM you the questions Ace?

  6. #6
    Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    4,320
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: The Fairground Quiz: Submissions Open!

    Quote Originally Posted by -Polaris- View Post
    Do we PM you the questions Ace?
    Yes

  7. #7
    Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    4,320
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: The Fairground Quiz: Submissions Open!

    We need about four more questions for the Workshop Quiz so we can actually get this started. If we don't get any more in the next week I will just cancel it, so if you want to see this happen then please submit something! You can still take part even if you submit a question, and I have decided to allow questions from later in the story if you really cannot find anything in the first 10,000 words of your story. If you want to do a question from after the ten thousandth word, then you need to stipulate what chapter the question comes from.

    So I repeat:
    - Submit a question based around something from the first 10,000 words of your story. Send em the question, the answer and state what chapter it is so I can check. If you want to ask something from later in your story, please include the chapter in your question.
    - Send them to me, and once I have 10, I will post the quiz and we can all get going!

    Lets try and make this work guys!

  8. #8
    Secret Sword of Justice Kelleo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,290
    Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: The Fairground Quiz: Submissions Open!

    @AceTrainer14; Are there still slots left for questions? I'd like to submit one. :)

  9. #9
    Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    4,320
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: The Fairground Quiz: Submissions Open!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    @AceTrainer14; Are there still slots left for questions? I'd like to submit one. :)
    Yes, there are

  10. #10
    Secret Sword of Justice Kelleo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,290
    Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: The Fairground Quiz: Submissions Open!

    Aw snap, you replied to me three days ago. I'm probably too late now... But I'll PM you anyway, Ace. :)

  11. #11
    Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    4,320
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: The Fairground Quiz: Submissions Open!

    QUIZ ONE

    Finally, after several long weeks, we have gotten ten questions submitted and it is time for the quiz to begin!
    The rules are simple: all you have to do is find the answers for the questions below and PM me (as in AceTrainer14, just to be exceedingly clear) with your answers. The first person to get all ten questions correct will win.
    You have a week to read and message me with your answers. If no one gets all ten questions correct before that time, then whoever has the most correct will win. To repeat, the prize will be promotion of your story or one of your choice on our Twitter account and a custom made banner by Blazaking.

    Here are the questions:

    1. In Chapter 40 of Pokemon Academy Year II: Second Year Rhapsody what ingredient does Reggie mix up while he's making chocolates for Miko?
    2. In Poison Touch V2.0, What is the name of the group on the poster who want the president of Orre to step down?
    3. In The Long Walk, what is the name of the trainer that Josh battles on Route 33?
    4. In Vivillon's poetry thread, how many poems are there that pertain to weather?
    5. In Origin: The Rising, how many soldiers accompany Tyber Zann and Urai Fenn into the Qutub bunker?
    6. In Chapter 17 of The Legend of Zelda: Ancient Power, how many paths does Daphnes say have been found in the ancient texts?
    7. What is the first piece of dialogue that Scarlet says aloud in {some of its hearts}
    8. In Chapter 8 of Storm Island, what three Pokémon made up the team used by Gym Leader Foxworth during his match with Larson Reiserben?
    9. In Hard Reset, was is the only Pokemon move addressed by name?
    10. Who is the protagonist of Origin: Gold?


    If you submitted a question to the quiz above (ie you are one of the ten authors who wrote the above stories), you can still take part by answering this question in lieu of the one you submitted. Other people can answer it as well if you absolutely cannot find an answer for one of the ten questions, but you can only submit ten answers.

    Bonus Question: In Galactic, which Pokemon resides in the Master Ball Charles leaves behind in the cave?

    So here is the quiz! You may enter from now and have a week to get your questions. Happy Reading and Good Luck!

  12. #12
    I am cow. Vivillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Santalune City Gym
    Posts
    279

    Default Re: The Fairground Quiz: Submissions Open!

    Quote Originally Posted by AceTrainer14 View Post
    QUIZ ONE

    Finally, after several long weeks, we have gotten ten questions submitted and it is time for the quiz to begin!
    The rules are simple: all you have to do is find the answers for the questions below and PM me (as in AceTrainer14, just to be exceedingly clear) with your answers. The first person to get all ten questions correct will win.
    You have a week to read and message me with your answers. If no one gets all ten questions correct before that time, then whoever has the most correct will win. To repeat, the prize will be promotion of your story or one of your choice on our Twitter account and a custom made banner by Blazaking.

    Here are the questions:

    1. In Chapter 40 of Pokemon Academy Year II: Second Year Rhapsody what ingredient does Reggie mix up while he's making chocolates for Miko?
    2. In Poison Touch V2.0, What is the name of the group on the poster who want the president of Orre to step down?
    3. In The Long Walk, what is the name of the trainer that Josh battles on Route 33?
    4. In Vivillon's poetry thread, how many poems are there that pertain to weather?
    5. In Origin: The Rising, how many soldiers accompany Tyber Zann and Urai Fenn into the Qutub bunker?
    6. In Chapter 17 of The Legend of Zelda: Ancient Power, how many paths does Daphnes say have been found in the ancient texts?
    7. What is the first piece of dialogue that Scarlet says aloud in {some of its hearts}
    8. In Chapter 8 of Storm Island, what three Pokémon made up the team used by Gym Leader Foxworth during his match with Larson Reiserben?
    9. In Hard Reset, was is the only Pokemon move addressed by name?
    10. Who is the protagonist of Origin: Gold?


    If you submitted a question to the quiz above (ie you are one of the ten authors who wrote the above stories), you can still take part by answering this question in lieu of the one you submitted. Other people can answer it as well if you absolutely cannot find an answer for one of the ten questions, but you can only submit ten answers.

    Bonus Question: In Galactic, which Pokemon resides in the Master Ball Charles leaves behind in the cave?

    So here is the quiz! You may enter from now and have a week to get your questions. Happy Reading and Good Luck!
    For #6, did you mean to say Chapter 18? Daphnes doesn't even make an appearance in that chapter, and is only mentioned once. The ancient texts also aren't mentioned in that chapter, but rather the next.

  13. #13
    Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    4,320
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: The Fairground Quiz: Quiz One Has Begun!

    @Vivillon: I posted what I was given by the author, and something like the chapter number I did not think I would need to check. Apologises for that, but it seems you were smart enough to get past it anyway!


    After taking so long to get things started, our first winner of the revised quiz has been announced, and that person is....
    @Elysia!!!! Congratulations!
    To all those others that submitted just after she did, so sorry you missed out, but it goes to show that you need to read quickly to win the prize!

    Here are the answers to the quiz:
    1. Salt
    2. Rebel’s Rank
    3. Tyler Bradshaw
    4. 2
    5. 24
    6. At least two
    7. Trick question: she has not spoken
    8. Leafeon, Wooper, Ivysaur
    9. Thunderbolt
    10. Gold
    Bonus: Lugia

    It may not have been as smooth of a result as I had hoped, but here is hoping the next one will be a bigger success! Check back in mid November for the next call to submit (just before the Awards ;) ), and in the mean time feel free to submit any feedback. For example, are people fine with the first person to get all right winning rule, or should we perhaps alter that? Let me know!

  14. #14
    Less cute in person Beth Pavell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,268
    Blog Entries
    27

    Default Re: The Fairground Quiz: Quiz One Has Begun!

    Elysia? Where did she find the time?

    First person wins kind of has to be the only option, otherwise there'd need to be timed tie-breaker rounds or something
    The Long Walk
    For Joshua Cook, it's a long walk away from his dull life to the Pokémon League. But does he really want to be the very best? A coming-of-age story of adventure, friendship and growing up in the world of Pokémon.


    Pavell's Scribbledegook Week XVI - Pokémon Taxonomy: Charmander Line

  15. #15
    Mafia + URPG :D -Polaris-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    A land of wonder... My bed.
    Posts
    241

    Follow -Polaris- on Tumblr

    Default Re: The Fairground Quiz: Quiz One Has Begun!

    I'd like it if more people could win, based on time. Maybe top 3 fastest people?

    Thats just my opinion, and i must have forgotten to PM for this D:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •