• 1 Post By RageRunnerXD
  • 1 Post By RageRunnerXD
  • 1 Post By RageRunnerXD
  • 1 Post By RageRunnerXD

Thread: Expect The Unexpected!

Blog Entries

Follow RageRunnerXD on Tumblr

Default Expect The Unexpected!

Well this isnt gonna end well. Welcome one and all to my very first ever ever ever ever..... Ever fanfic. I am RageRunner, and hopefully you will enjoy this. So without further ado I welco-

'you forgot something.'

Yes so did you, a capital letter.

'Disclaimers stupid oaf.'

Absol? Disclaim-- Oh, right. I dont own pokemon; yadda yadda blah blah. That good enough?

'Carry on.'

Anyway, without further ado, I welcome you to--

'Arent you gonna tell them something about the main character?'

Grrr. Id slap you, but that'd be animal, wait, poké abuse. Shut up. This is my story. Okay.

'Okay. Jeez calm down.'

Third times the charm. Anyway, onto the stor--

'RageRunner?'

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU** WHAT NOW.

'Huh, thats why you're called RageRunner.'

Okay. Absol shoo.

Lets go. I welcome you to Expect The Unexpected!

Chapter One: A Special Letter!

"Graveler is unable to battle! Lucario wins! Which means the winner is our challenger, Lucas!"

Yep, that's me. A Gym Referee. Or it was. But I cant tell you what I am right now. Well not yet anyway, but I can tell you one thing. My name is Jet Phillips, and I guess you could say that this is my, destiny, legend. My Story...

[CUE EPIC MUSIC]

It all started on that one somehow cold, summer morning, round about a 2 years ago from now. So shall I begin?

"Well done, Lucas, that was a great battle, you deserve that badge!"

"Thanks mister!" The young boy ran out of the gym with a spring in his step.

Ahh. Damn, maybe I should explain this, I was a Gym Referee at the Vermilion City Gym. In well, you guessed it. Vermilion City. Kanto. The now huge region that it is, compared to like seven years ago, when there were these two friends, Red and Blue. (Wierd names if you ask me) But what happens is, there is a guy called Zane, thr Gym Leader, he was my best friend, even though he was two years older than me. We treated each other like brothers.

We used to be stationed at Cerulean. But Zane, who wasnt a huge fan of water types, handed in his request form to move gyms, but im going of track. Zane was like the coolest guy ever, spiky blonde hair, literally every girl wanted him. Man, I was lucky to habve a friend like him.

"You kno' Jet, that kid has potential, he could take the league by storm. Just with that Lucario." He said as we walked into the back of the gym, "First battle of today, quite a lot more to come. Anyway, here's the post, that pelipper dropped in earlier!" he said handing me not the usual one, but two letters.

"Here Zane, I think this is yours." handing him the letter.

"Nope, got your name on it."

"What?" see the thing is, I only ever got letters from my parents in a far away region. I opened my parent's one last. Opening the unexpected letter first.

"Read i t out man!" Zane exclaimed. It seemed even he was shocked.

"Dear Mr Jet Phillips,

My name is Proffesor Blue Oak.

I gasped, a letter from the extraordinary trainer and professor!

"Carry on Jet!"

"No, can you read it?"

"Huh, okay."

My name is Proffesor Blue Oak, as you may or may not know, the next batch of five starters are being handed out to 5 trainers. And you my friend, are one of them! Please report to my lab, in Pallet Town at 11AM tomorrow!

Best Wishes!
    Professor Oak. JR"

"What the..." Me and Zane both said quietly.

I read and re-read the message many times.

"This is perfect!" Zane shouted, startling me from my daydream.

"But i've only seen battles, I think thats all I can do!"

"Well I bet everyone else will be like that! You'll be fine Jet, trust me. Now open your mums letter!"

I opened it, it read a few words:

Dont thank us.

Love Mum and Dad xx

"No way, my mum handed in the request form!"

""Well Jet, you need to get ready for tomorrow!"

"But what about refereeing!?"

"Sarah can stand in for you, gives her some first hand experience anyway. Now go!"

END OF CHAPTER ONE
    Last edited by RageRunnerXD; 21st October 2013 at 10:39 AM.
    Phoenixon likes this.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Expect The Unexpected!

Well peeps. Welcome to chapter 2:

Chapter Two: New Friends. New Rivals!

I left the gym early the next day, watching one more battle of Zane's, which he won. All the time I was taking in tactics. Strategies. Anything. He told me to challenge him last in my journey. I wondered what the hell he meant.

Once I got to the Vermilion dock, I realised, how in the name of arceus will I get to Pallet! An old man must have seen I was in distress and offered to drop me of at Pallet Town as there is a small dock there.

"Thankyou!" I said to the man.

"No problem kiddo. So tell me, why are you going to Pallet?" I handed him my letter, "Hmm, your first pokemon huh? I remember my first pokemon." He whistled and a small bird came out of nowhere. The bird flew around me a few times and perched on the old man's shoulder. "This is Peeko! My first pokemon!"

"Woah! I've never seen one of them before! What is it!" I exclaimed, actually in awe.

"This kid, is a Wingull. From the Hoenn region, that's were all my other pokemon are!" I was speechless, it was only a bird, but I actually had never seen anything from the Hoenn region! "So kid, you never told me your name!" He said.

"Huh. Oh, my name's Jet!"

"Jet, thats a strange name, i'm Georgio Briney. But please, call me Mr.Briney!"

Then I started thinking about my family, if it werent for them, I wouldnt even be here right now. I remembered the last letter they sent me (Before the 'Dont thank us'), it had a few pictures of some awesome looking pokemon id never seen before! One was a little fire fox, I remember its name being Fennekin, or something along those lines.

"Here we are Jet! Pallet Town! A small quaint place, perfect to start your journey! And the lab is just over there!" He said, pointing at a large white building, with a dome roof.

"Thankyou Mister Briney!"

"No problem, Il see you around."

I left him to go to the lab, and once I got there, I was invited into the main area of the lab, and there were 3 boys and a girl also there.

"Ahah! You must be jet. You're just in time!" A young man in a lab coat exclaimed. Jet had seen pictures of him before, Samuel Oak's grandson.

He lectured on for a bit, and then handed pokeballs to each of us, and then one of the boys scoffed. "Please! Do you actually think any of youse will get to the pokemon league!? Haha, me and whatever's in here," He tapped his pokeball before putting it on his belt. "Will take the league by storm!"

"What a jerk." Another boy, woth dirty blonde hair which was in a mohawk shape replied.

"Huh!? What'd you just say!" He wennt towards the boy who called him, and pushed him, so he fell, "haha, weakling"

Thats when I stepped in. The other trainers had already left the lab. "Leave him alone!"

"Huh, you wanna go there as well!?" He gripped is pokeball on his belt. "I challengee you!"

I held up the red and white sphere, my own pokeball, I walked outside the lab, to a small playground were a small battlefield had been etched. The 'Jerk' followed me. Now I was looking at him, eye to his own piercibg brown eyes, he had red hair, shoulder length. He reminded me of someone I saw in a magazine once, someone the same age as Bliue Oak. A man named silver.

We threw our pokeballs in the air together...

END OF CHAPTER TWO
    Phoenixon likes this.

Looks cool looking forward to the next chapter

Blog Entries

Chapter 3 Here!

Chapter Three: New Friends, New Rivals Part II

And then thats when I realised what I had got into. Once Mr. Jerk over there had thrown his pokeball, (as had I) I realised that this was my first ever battle. I also recognized the two pokemon that came out of the pokeballs. He had sent out an orange reptile. A Charmander, I recognized it straight away. And I also recognized mine straight away. A small green pokemon, with a bulb on its back. A Bulbasaur.

But before anyone of us could get an attack in, the proffesor ran out of his lab straight to the battlefield, followed by someone just as tall as myself, the kid that the 'Jerk' had pushed over.

"So hasty as... Ah great." The proffesor said and then muttered, "Now I know how Gramps felt..." We all shot a quizzical look at him. "Ahem. Anyway, Tim here," (He pointed at the person)"told me you were having a battle, so I came to have a look see. So I shall be your referee! Without further ado, the battle between Jackson of Goldenrod and Jet of um?"

"Vermilion." Although I wasnt born there, I have lived there long enough to call it home. Im originally from a region called Kalos. But, meh. Who cares.

"Of Vermilion will now begin!" The Prof exclaimed.

"Charmander, Scratch!"

"Bulbasaur, dodge and counter with Tackle!" Man. This felt good! The little green pokemon jumped away from the Charmander's sharp claws and charged into the side of it."

"Grrr! Charmander! Dont let up Growl then Scratch again!"

"Bulbasaur! Use Tackle again!" I shouted, but it hadnt worked. The Charmander had growled its own name, making Bulbasaur cower leaving it wide open for Scratch. Bulbasaur then fell, and then struggled to get back up. "Come on Bulbasaur! You can do it!"

"Bulbasaur!" It shouted as it charged towards Charmander.

"Char Charmander!" The opposition also shouted its name as little flames hit Bulbasaur, making it fall to the ground, this time fainting it. It had used Ember, without needing its trainer's call.

Jackson scoffed, "And that's what you get for getting in my way." And with that he walked away, his Charmander walking next to him, looking proud.

"Well. Um. No need to say who won..." The Prof. said.

I'd just lost my first battle. And it wouldnt be my last. "Bulbasaur, return." I said, not annoyed with the pokemon. It did amazing. I was annoyed with muself.

"Hey, you two, before you go, take these!" The proffesor handed us a device each. (By us, me and Tim)

Tim whispered in shock," Woah! A pokédex!"

"Take that on your journey, it'l be good use!" Then we set off from Pallet. Tim had asked if he could travel with me, I said yes straight away. He was smart, and to be homest, he could be a great friend.

END OF CHAPTER THREE

Small chapter today, sorry!
    Last edited by RageRunnerXD; 28th October 2013 at 03:57 AM.
    Phoenixon likes this.

like it so far

Blog Entries

@Shock3600; Thanks

Chapter Four: Viridian Blues!

On the way to Viridian, I had asked Tim a lot of questions, where he was from, whats the Gym Challenge Etc. He had also handed me some pokeballs and pokedollars for helping him out, and another way of saying thanks for letting him travel with me. We passed route one without a capture, although I tried to capture a Pidgey. But the less said about that the better. And once we got to Viridian, we were stopped at the gate, by an old policeman.

"Say, you're not rookie trainers are you?"

"As a matter of fact, we are!" Tim said, I was wondering why he had asked.

"Well just over there is a place that you can practice your battle skills!" He pointed towards a building that had Gym written on it, but it was battered up.

"Hmm. Thankyou mister!" Tim said, then looked at me, "I think he was on about the VRT..."

"VRT?"

"Viridian Rental Tournament. It is actually a really good place to hone your skills, you rent pokemon and battle!"

"Huh? Well why dont we join?"

"Yeah! Let's go!"

Once we got into the, well what was a gym, we were introduced by what I assumed to be the referee. "Welcome to the VRT, if you'd like to follow me this way. Here are the pokeballs you may choose from, but we cant tell you what's inside them! Please, do pick two. And leave your own pokemon here." He pointed at the counter as me & Tim picked our pokeballs. We left pokemon there and went towards the battlefield. I then realised that this was mine and Tim's first battle against each other. The referee then shouted, "This will be a Two On Two Singles battle! Let the battle begin!

"Okay, I choose you!" I shouted, throwing one of my two pokeballs in the air. Out of it came a pokemon, which I recognized as the Pre-Volution of Haunter and Gengar. A Gastly! I used my Pokedex to scan it.

" Gastly, the Gas Pokémon. Although it can sneak in anywhere with its gaseous body, it can also be blown away by wind."

And underneath the description, a moveset. Tim was doing the same with his pokemon, which was something called a Pachirisu. "You ready Tim?"

"Always! Shock Wave!"

"Pachirisu!" The pokemon shouted as ir formed a blue sphere, and shot it towards Gastly. The ball hit Gastly dealing a moderate amount of damage.

"Gastly, Faint Attack!" The Gastly dissapeared and popped up behind Pachirisu, and tackled it, but except going through it. And it hurt the Pachirisu. "Nice one!"

"Pachirisu, Volt tackle!" The little pokemon covered itself in elctric by using Thundershock on itself. And then charged towards Gastly.

"Damn! Gastly Hypnosis!" The Gastly stared at the Electric pojemon, and moved its eyes side to side, the Pachirisu then fell into a deep snooze.

"Pachirisu, Return!" Tim exclaimed, holding out a pokeball.

"Not if I can help it! Mean Look, then Dream Eater to finish it off!" Now Pachirisu couldnt escape, and Gastly fed on the young pokemon's dreams. Healing itself in the process!

"Pachirisu i s unable to battle! Gastly wins!"

"Dammit", tim said, returning the pokemon. "Seems I have to send out you! Stand by!"

END OF CHAPTER FOUR!
    Phoenixon likes this.

Blog Entries

Btw people, I know my chapters are short, hence I try to post two every day I post (If you know what I mean)

I like it (didnt i already saw that? :p)

Blog Entries

Its back :)

After a while, ive decided to start writing this again, hopefully this time, getting more fans along the way. Im sorry for reviving a dead thread, but i did say i would come back to it :D

Thankyou all for reading! And the next chapter should be up in a couple of days :D

Blog Entries

I just read the four chapters you posted and I liked them. Keep going, young grasshopper!
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirGrimoir View Post
    This is completely beside the point, but I get a warm, fuzzy and vaguely manic feeling when I see all these posts from other forums on here and realize the pokemon fandom is incredibly interconnected. We're all here and there and over there....it's cool in a sort of, "Oh God, I don't know why I'm laughing!" way.