Emotion Effervescent

Thread: Emotion Effervescent

Default Emotion Effervescent

PART I: SOLITARY
    Blackness. It writhed, coursed about his immense form. A lone column of light filtered through the water's crystalline surface, sending disparate refractions dancing across the fourteen-point-five meters of his body. The inky depths he called home were utterly silent and motionless, devoid of emotion and life. The clocks of the world above continued their mindless spinning as he lay amongst the sheets of waves. There was nothing for him here, so why did he remain?

He contemplated the question for a few cycles, and found that he had failed to arrive at a satisfactory conclusion. The darkness of the mind began its slow march to oblivion, encroaching upon the edges of sanity. It had been so long since her ashes had dispersed in the vast oceans...he missed her more than ever. Predation by human settlers had led to the dwindling of his kind - he was alone. Alone and miserable in a sea of contempt, whence could he turn? The gods would spare no quarter for an individual, he had learned, no matter how deep his depression had become. An abyss within his mind had found its residence in the abyss of the sea. Fitting.

He wasn't an attractive member of his species, but he felt that if people could look past his scarred exterior they would find within an unfaltering friend. Pockmarks of scar tissue crossed the surface of his body from the wicked-edged barbed nets utilized by the local fishermen. They hadn't counted on catching a three hundred ninety-eight kilogram beast, however, so he had made his escape in a wake of blood.

A light thrumming propagated its way through the molecules of the water, travelling from their distant source all the way to his senses. No one came to visit him anymore - he was an outcast in an interminably-massive world, left to rot and wither alone. He left his undersea cave only to eat, and even then he didn't need to do so often. He expected the sound to promptly cease as whatever it was turned away.
    It didn't.

It inspired a feeling in his ancient bones that he hadn't felt for decades. It was...like her in a way. But she was...dead. There was no way she could've returned. He couldn't explain it. It was beyond sensory perception - this was something different, something that only two individuals in the throes of absolute love and devotion could feel.

He needed...needed to verify this, at least to have some peace of mind after what had transpired. He needed to feel again.

PART II: DESTINY
    The young man made his way across the deck of the ship. Though it was definitely a luxurious cruise liner, the atmosphere was decidedly hostile - only a few individuals aboard had not attempted to pressure him into a fight. His companions, six powerful creatures hardened by years of training and battle, sat on his belt in their holding compartments. Even now, he was impressed by the land's technological marvels; his friends were much larger than him, but were able to fit inside comparatively-small spheres. He couldn't explain the processes that made such a thing plausible, but doubtlessly it was one of the finest creations mankind had ever devised. Though he and his compatriots had defeated all challengers, he still had time to kill before arriving at his destination. Striding over to the ship's external railings, he looked down upon the surface of the ocean, sliced neatly by the bow and leaving a trail of effervescence as if to mark its path. Faded and peeling, a stencilled series of letters denoted the ship's moniker - the S.S. Anne. Not really an imaginative name.

A voice came from behind him. "...What brings you here?" it inquired in a melodious, feminine tone. He turned slowly. He knew the voice well. The young woman standing before him smiled. "I didn't know you were aboard." Though they had known each other for years, he couldn't help but blush.
    Leaf.

She laughed with a voice like fine bone china. "Why are you blushing, Red?"
    Red. It wasn't his birth name, but everyone called him that. "No reason. Just a bit...uh, tired." The pair had been inseparable in their youth, always in each other's company. But even Red couldn't deny her burgeoning femininity. She was absolutely gorgeous, kind, intelligent and canny, and he had been shocked to learn that she'd never accepted any of the myriad propositions from the local guys. He looked to his feet.

A soft hand nestled on his shoulder. Leaf, with a serious but caring look moved her face closer to his. "...Are you okay? You look a bit down. If there's anything I can do to help, please...tell me." Their lips were about four inches apart. Unconsciously, his neck began to tilt forwards, bringing them closer. Red realized what he was doing and jerked his head back. She looked worried. "Let's go for a walk, alright? You look kind of seasick."

He obliged with a nod, following her not too closely as she moved towards the ship's stern. The sun had began his slow descent, painting the sky a beautiful orange. Noticing that he was lagging behind, she slowed her pace. "Sorry, I think was going too fast. You must be queasy...just don't throw up on me!" she joked. Red was silent. At the stern of the massive vessel, the sun shined its final rays, beauteous and triumphant.

Leaf gazed out over the horizon. "The sunset...it's so...romantic." Red couldn't take it anymore. The words spilled out automatically - if he processed them he wouldn't be able to say what needed to be said.
    "Leaf... I've been waiting a long time to say this." The girl looked back at him in the sunset with a quizzical expression that morphed into a soft blush. She knew. "I...I've been with you my whole life, and I...I never want to be away from you again. Leaf... I love you. I've loved you since the day we met, and I want to be with you. Forever."

A tear collected around her eye - not one of sorrow, but one of happiness. "Red. I...I love you too. I was...too weak to tell you how I felt...but now..." Her speech was cut off, as Red moved closer and pressed his lips against hers, softly at first, but intensifying to an almost desperate urgency.

Suddenly, the mighty ocean liner began to shake, cutting off their impassioned kiss. BANG. BANG. Something...something was slamming into the stern of the ship below where Leaf and Red stood. Red rushed to the railing and looked downwards, coming to a grim realization. The girl moved beside him and did likewise.

It was an almost indescribable scene. They blurted out the same thing in unison. "HOLY SHIT A WAILORD IS FUCKING THE BOAT."

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbagarden IRC
    [20:54] <BikiniMiltank> Well, my favourite ship is actually Zoey/Hunter J, but there's no name for that, perhaps justifiably, as they've never met.
    [20:54] <BikiniMiltank> There's always time for Pikachu dick.
    [20:54] <Dethroned> My favorite ship
    [20:54] <Dethroned> is the SS Anne
    [20:54] <Serpentsounds> ^
    [20:54] <Serpentsounds> beat me to it
    [20:54] <Dethroned> hahaha
    [20:55] <vagabond_aeon> DURR HURR HURR LhglgUHLguhlGUHLHUg
    [20:55] <BikiniMiltank> SS Anne and what? :P
    [20:55] <BikiniMiltank> SS Anne and Wailord.
    [20:55] <Dethroned> SS AnnexSS Anne
    [20:55] <Dethroned> it's a clone twincest
    [20:56] <BikiniMiltank> Nah, I prefer the image of a horny Wailord mounting the ship to the astonishment of the passengers.
    [20:56] <Dethroned> true
    [20:56] <Dethroned> that would be pretty awesome
    EDIT: Added source and proofread a little.
    Last edited by The Dethroned; 22nd June 2010 at 09:39 PM.
    Incidentally, do you understand the concept of jeans?!
    3DS FC: 0645-5961-8425

Default Re: Emotion Effervescent

Erm. I approve? *Thumbs up*

This world needs more blue! ~ The Happy People From Happy Happy Village

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Dethroned View Post
    PART I: SOLITARY
    Blackness. It writhed, coursed about his immense form. A lone column of light filtered through the water's crystalline surface, sending disparate refractions dancing across the fourteen-point-five meters of his body. The inky depths he called home were utterly silent and motionless, devoid of emotion and life. The clocks of the world above continued their mindless spinning as he lay amongst the sheets of waves. There was nothing for him here, so why did he remain?
    Mab your first paragraph blew me away. You are another great writer. If you could check out When Evil Meets Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by alster08 View Post
    Mab your first paragraph blew me away. You are another great writer. If you could check out When Evil Meets Evil.
    Thank you.
    Also, the end of this story is much better than the beginning. ;D

is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Awesome. This is just awesome.
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Zekurom View Post
    Awesome. This is just awesome.
    Thank you. Am I trolling now? Hahahaha.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Dethroned View Post
    Thank you. Am I trolling now? Hahahaha.
    No, you're not trolling at all. This is hilarious.
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

May Still Have Hope TeamGalacticMercury's Avatar

Wow. This story blew me away.

Blog Entries

Oh, yeah, and I think by "satisfactory confusion" you meant "satisfactory conclusion". Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamGalacticMercury View Post
    Wow. This story blew me away.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Zekurom View Post
    Oh, yeah, and I think by "satisfactory confusion" you meant "satisfactory conclusion". Just saying.
    Oh, damn! Thanks for the catch, I totally didn't proofread at all, hahaha.