Drabbles

Thread: Drabbles

Blog Entries

Default Drabbles

100 Words or less qualify as drabbles, though mine sometimes cross by twenty five words or so. This will be where I post all of my drabbles, and I'm more than willing to take requests if you want to throw out a prompt in bold.

Fandom Base:

Original Base:

---

LoZ: "I Am"

I am invisible by night, trailing behind you by day. From the depths of darkness, I was created. Created to cower in the light, to reign by night.

I am your mirror, smudged by soot. Like water, I reflect a wavering image - Imprecise, yet similar.

I am part of your mind. I know your heart's desire, your greatest strength, and your greatest fear.

I am half, yet also whole. Part of you, yet also my own being. You greatest foe, your most trusted friend.

I am ... Dark Link.
    Last edited by SeleneHime; 11th January 2011 at 12:39 PM.

A fresh and growing community.

Library
    [Blogged listing of collected works that are posted on the Gardens.]

Blog Entries

Default Re: Drabbles

Electric Labyrinth

Crackling electricity bounced off the walls, as if daring him to touch them. The young man's breath came quickly, his dark viridian gaze flicking along the corridors. Of all places to be teleported ... A vehement curse tearing from his lips when the jumping light lashed towards him, and the pendant wrapped around his wrist. The gem at the end of the necklace, however, was vital. He had to have it, or die. The young man jerked it off his wrist as he broke into a run, stuffing it in the pocket of his jacket. Attempting to find his way through the labyrinth, before it was too late.

Library

Blog Entries

Longing to return Home

It had been some time since he'd left, and he was beginning to regret it. A loner or not, travel in solitude was slowly eating away at him. Utter silence and lack of companionship, so it seemed, had taken their toll. The young man heaved a sigh after a moment, adjusting his grip on his staff. His sightless eyes longing to be near what he knew clearly once more. The silvery-white gaze wandered over his surroundings as he walked, listening with rapt attention whilst tapping the wooden staff along as he walked. Seeking a home once more.

Library

Blog Entries

LoZ: Chilled Mists

A small smirk touched the Wind Mage's lips as his deep crimson gaze trailed along the landscape below him, ignoring the cries of the petty commoners at ground level. Blood soaked the ground, their royal family all but destroyed. Now he only had to find the Triforce and the Guardians ... Two tasks that would take much effort. As his thoughts wandered, however, a chilled and veiling mist overtook the forest surrounding the capital. A cold and biting wind driving it along, soon guiding it over the entire city. Lightening struck in the distance. Cold droplets began to fall ... The sky was crying.

Library

Blog Entries

Thrill of the Hunt

Snow crunched under the wolf’s paws as it ran, muscles rippling underneath the thick black pelt. Amber eyes fixated on the prey ahead of it, honed senses tuning into every sound, smell, and sight. A streak in the night, only the starlight betraying its motion. The beast suddenly jumped, soaring through the star speckled sky as if bearing wings. A startled cry was jerked from the man as all of its weight barreled into him, only to be silenced. Blood spattered the night. The wolf’s form slowly changing, mutating back into that of a human. A small smile playing about the young man’s lips. A shapeshifting assassin.

Library

Blog Entries

The Sixth Dimension

"This is our dimension ... You see it is different, though in many ways compared to your own," the young man before her murmured, almost inaudible, his tone calm and collected as he passed his hand through the table in front of him. Only, when he did it again, it simply rested on top of the wood. "We've each special prowess, hidden away inside of us. You may figure out your own with time, interloper," he added softly, amber eyes focusing on the young woman only paces away. Her own silver eyes widened with surprise, however.

"... H-how did I get here?"

Library