Rating PG (I guess)

Prologue:
Two Team Rocket men walked into Giovanni's office.

"You wanted to see us sir?" one of them asked.

"Yes. You know that little twerp, Ash that has been foiling our plans ever since he started his journey?" Giovanni asked. The two men nodded. "Well, I want you to go after him. But this time, don't try to steal his Pikachu."

"Well, then waht are we going after him for, sir?" the other man asked.

"You're going to kill him." Giovanni said. The men's jaws dropped.

"Are you serious, sir?" the first one asked.

"As serious as I can get." Giovanni replied, an evil smile appearing on his face. The two men smiled also. The walked out of Giovanni's office and headed outside so they could get in their helicopter and track down the boy they were after.

"Finally, after all these years, we'll get to kill that little pest!" the first man said happily.

"Yeah. I kept waiting on the Boss to break and tell someone to kill him." the other said. The first one looked at his partner and smiled. "Are you ready for this, Drake?"

"Sure am Jake." the other said, a smile identical to his partner's appearing on his face. The two Rocket men were twins as well as brothers. They looked exactly the same except one had red hair and one had brown hair. The one with red hair (Jake) had originally brown hair, but had decided to dye it red so people could tell him apart from his brother. They both smiled once more as their helicopter diappeared over the horizen.

Chapter 1: It begins

"Pikachu! No!" A young trainer ran after his Pikachu. The small electric Pokemon was trying its best to keep away from the vicious duo that were trying to kill it.

"Leave it alone!" the boy cried, grabbing his Pokemon and rolling out of the way just as a knife came down toward them.

"Why should we? That little rat has been causing us grief all our lives!" one of the men said.

"Yeah. We've been ordered by our boss to kill it!" the other said. A sly smile spread across his face as he added, "And you." They boy dodged another blow from the knife.

"Who are you?" he asked.

"We are known as the Dark Killers, but just for you, we'll tell our names." the first one said. "I'm Drake, and he's Jake. Easy names to remember, huh?" He swiped at the boy once more with his skarp knife.

"Don't bother telling us your name. We couldn't forget it if we tried." Jake said. The other nodded in agreement.

"Ash!" Everyone turned around to see a young girl running toward them.

"May? What are you doing here?" Ash asked.

"I don't really know. Something just told me to come here." May said. She and Ash had grown very fond of each other over the years. (May had almost kissed him one time, but he stopped her.)

While May was distracting Ash, Drake wrapped his arm around Ash's neck while Jake grabbed Pikachu. Drake put his arm right under Ash's chin, forcing his head upward. He put the knife to Ash's neck.

"Say bye-bye!" he said. He was about to drive the knife into Ash's neck, slitting his throat. May charged into him. He dropped Ash. Ash then swung his leg out and kicked Jake in the shin, causing him to drop Pikachu. Ash got up and caught Pikachu in his arms.

"Come on!" he called to May as he ran through the tall grass and trees. May stayed close behind him as they ran through the forest. "Where's Brock and Max?" Ash asked. "The Team Rocket forces got them. They took them to their hideout." May said. Ash sighed deeply. It seemed that nowadays, everyone just wanted to get rid of him. They took his friends, tried to kill him, and some friends had even betrayed him. He spotted a hole in the ground that was just big enough for him, May and Pikachu to fit inside and not be seen.

"In there!" he cried, diving into the hole. May followed. Ash landed on the rough ground. May landed on to of him. She got up.

"Why is all of this happening?" She asked Ash.

"I think it's because Giovanni's finally blown up. I've defeated him so many times in the few years of my journey, he's probably gotten so mad that he sent out a whole fleet of Team Rocket agents to kill me." Ash responded. He looked up when he thought he heard the sound of someone crying. In the darkness, he saw a tear roll down May's cheek.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"They threatned to kill Max and my whole family if I didn't bring you to them." she said.

"Oh May, please don't tell me you betrayed me too!" Ash said.

"No. That's why I'm crying. I would never betray you. But, Max, Mom and Dad are all gonna get killed because of me." May said. Ash moved closer to her and put a hand on her shoulder.

"No they're not." he said. "Not if I can help it. Tomorrow, we're gonna climb outta here, find Team Rocket's base, and get your parents, Max, and Brock outta there!"

"That's great and all, but do you think we can really pull it off?" May asked.

"Of course we can! We've done it before, haven't we?" Ash asked. May nodded. "Then we can do it again!" Ash said. He had taken his hand off her shoulder by now. May smiled.

"Thanks Ash." she said. She leaned over and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. Ash turned bright red and said, "No problem."

"Well until then, what are we going to do?" May asked.

"We'll just have to sleep in here tonight. And set out tomorrow morning." Ash replied. May shrugged.

"It beats staying up all night and running from enemies." she said with a smile.

"Great. Now let's get some sleep. I think it's already after 12:00 at midnight." Ash said. He slid over to the other side of the hole and laid down on the cold ground. May did the same on the other side. Pikachu curled up against Ash and went to sleep.

Why did she kiss me? Ash thought to himself. The he remembered the day she had tried to kiss him and he'd stopped her. He hadn't seen the one a few minutes ago coming. He stared at the opening of the hole far above them.

Well, at least we'll be safe here, he thought to himself. At lest for now.

Well, that's chapter one. I know it wasn't that great, but it'll probably get better later on. This one's gonna be hard to continue! But, I'll try.