Hello and welcome to Crossover Battles. What the hell is a Crossover Battle? Well, glad you asked.
Crossover Battles will pit one character in the site's fan fiction archives against another in a simulated battle. And before you ask, yes, we got permission to use the characters that a project contributor did not create. Unlike other possible incarnations of this project these are not an Evasive Fight Episode. There will (almost) always be a clear winner. Additionally these are not strict roleplays of one character's author competing against another with both in control. Even if the authors who created the characters are working on the project it will work more like a scripted fight scene in the style of the works being drawn from.
And to address a complaint before it is raised, the battle we write is not necessarily how we think the fight would go down. It's just a stylistic portrayal of how it might, ending with the character we believe would win winning. As for how we pick a winner, well, that's a bit messier and will involve some bias. I can't deny that. But we try to stick to the moves, teams, tactics, and relative power of characters within the story to make a decision.
In general, battles are assumed to have the following rules when making a decision:
1) The arena will be a familiar setting to both stories, to the extent possible.
2) Trainers max out at six Pokemon (their most iconic team), even if they both carry more on occasion. This is more for our sanity than anything else.
3) Match rules will roughly match those the characters would abide to. Non-violent Pokemon trainers will just go for the end of a Pokemon battle following conventional rules. Soldiers will probably be going for a kill on the opposing trainer. Characters from other series or original fiction will follow their own rules.
4) Knowledge of the opponent is, within reason, restricted to what the character would reasonably know walking into a fight or could observe otherwise.
5) Known tactics and moves will be heavily favored when considering how a match would work and writing the battle out.
6) Depending upon the combatants, any rule above could be voided.
As far as content ratings go, the thread as a whole is rated Teen. Individual battles will default to the highest rating of a represented series.
But enough of that. On to some battles.
Geoffry v. Kephi (T)
??? v. Sai (T)
Comments are welcome. Flaming is not. Due to the relatively heightened passions this sort of thing could cause in the wrong people, if the content of your post is primarily negative and/or focuses upon something other than the writing quality of the battle I ask that you send it through me or the Project Manager of the battle via PM rather than posting in the thread.