Thread: Climbing the Ladder of Success in Stilettos

I love you BMGf friends Milo†icgirl McQüeen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Climbing the Ladder of Success in Stilettos

Table of Contents:

The Assistant Days Era:
    Chapter One: The lust in Vanity Lust
    Chapter Two: Vicious cycle; rub salt to the wound

Welcome everyone to my first ever fic. It is certainly not going to be a very good one and judging on what I’m going to write about, I don’t expect many readers to take much interest in it because it might not be everyone’s cup of tea. But whatever, I’ve always thought of doing one since everyone is doing one right now and I have way too much free time now.

Anyway, this fic is about a young and passionate fashion journalist and absolute fashion enthusiast Alexis Hayberry. She enrols to one of the most popular and prestigious fashion magazine in the Pokemon World and the top fashion magazine in the Hoenn region, Vanity Lust. If it is easier to imagine think like Elle, Vogue, Cosmopolitan and those sorts of high up magazines all competing with each other.

The fic will be based on her working life as well as her everyday life as well as focusing on other characters along the way. I can guarantee there might not be quite a lot of Pokemon battling and recognition but there are Pokemon related themes and just moments of Pokemon featuring so I could enter this fic.

Also this fic will not totally swear or have proper hardcore sexual things every chapter but word of warning, when it does occur it will be quite heavy. I wouldn’t classify it as Everybody but since it is quite hefty in certain areas at times I’ll put it as Mature just to be safe and not get in trouble or have any issues with, if I get any, readers. Though, and somebody record this, I can promise to you the one swear word I’ll try to avoid throughout the whole fic is See You Next Tuesday.

Well without further ado, enjoy the fic!
    Last edited by Milo†icgirl McQüeen; 8th August 2011 at 03:53 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Climbing the Ladder of Success in Stilettos

Chapter One: The Lust in Vanity Lust

The city of Lilycove, where the land ends and the sea begins. It is the largest city in all of Hoenn and the fourth most populated city in all of the regions. But unlike the other three cities above it, Lilycove does not boast of owning an honoured gym. Nevertheless, its many diverse attractions such as the National Museum as well as its magnificent beach have leaded it to this achievement, not only attracting normal residents and tourists but celebrities as well. The famous Daltons own a mansion on the beach of Lilycove. But it is not about the Daltons that this story revolves around. It is of local resident, 22 year old Alexis Hayberry…

“You’re fired…you too. You’re too fat” shouted an authoritative, powerful yet disembodied voice. In no time two models were seen running down a minimalist hallway, painted sleek white and were lit brightly which gave a pleasant luminous appearance. The halls were perfectly formed arches and there seemed to be many of them. In the centre of the many halls, where they all met up, a circular reception was placed. Along them were the offices of editors and employees as well as meeting rooms, photo shoot rooms and many other requirements spaces.

“Hiiiya…” diffused a female voice, one that could grow to be annoying. “You’re the new girl…” she said slowly once again, stretching near the ends of her words. The woman may have had an uncanny accent that caused her to stretch the ends of her sentences with a high pitch, similar to the Australian accent, or she was just a snobby, slutty bitch. The latter was more likely to be accurate even if she sounded adenoidal.

Oozing with confidence as well as excitement, Alexis nodded quickly before handing the reception woman some documents that she had received in an email. Alexis had already been interviewed and was promised she would receive an email informing her to come to work if she was picked.

“Well your not baad…You look decent” she spoke garrulously before immediately jumping over the reception desk seductively, lifting her long legs and observing Alexis. Alexis was pretty damn hot and she knew it, but she was never the one to brag or show off. She simply let her beauty and fashion do the talking. Standing at 5 feet and 10 inches she was taller then most women around her age. She also had a figure most would die for, a UK size 8 with curves in all the right places as well as a lean stomach and long legs that any man or women would get lost looking at. Long layered hair that had angled slightly around her face, on top of her partition being irregular was straightened pleasantly, but not too neat and had a nice sheen to it due to its lovely shade of auburn. Dark green that draws attention instantly to them graced her eyes, as well as luscious lips that suited her face and glossy skin flawlessly.

However, it was not just Alexis’s body that the reception lady was interested about, it was her clothes. Alexis had cleverly mixed fashion into her working wardrobe and working in a fashion magazine amplified the choice of what to wear. She wore a tight dress that looked as two different pieces of clothes; a stripy white and black top with short sleeves and pencil skirt. On top she added a skinny light brown belt and strappy high heeled brown heels.

“So…Tanya, I like what you’re wearing” blurted out Alexis finally after managing to catch the reception lady’s name tag. She was definitely young and must have been hired to just be the pretty face as soon as you walked in. She was most likely in her early twenties and almost the same height as Alexis. Unlike Alexis, Tanya had lustrous blonde hair and wore a low cut, long, beige tunic top and grey skinny leggings beneath with brown ankle boots over her feet.

“Anywaay…I am not showing you around Alexis so go find somebody. Ask for Oliver, he’s our resident gay employee and an assistant just like youuu…” she stated monotonously before sliding over the desk once again. Alexis stood there bewildered by Tanya’s behaviour. She certainly wasn’t helping the dumb blonde tart stereotype when just then; Alexis had grasped what Tanya had just said.

“Erm sorry, did you say assistant?” she asked tautly, her heart beating a little faster. She knew what Tanya had said but couldn’t believe it and wouldn’t believe it.

“Aww….what a little cuttiee…” mocked Tanya as she blew on her nails. They had clearly just been done as she had gone for a polished French manicure. “I just want to eat you up. As if a newbie would actually become an editor on their first day. This is Vanity Lust darling not Simply Style.” Tanya was definitely ridiculing Alexis by her tone of voice. Alexis just sighed before walking away from the eccentric reception lady. In her mind she was thinking about what Tanya had told her. It made sense. This was Vanity Lust, the biggest fashion magazine in all of Hoenn as well as being in the big four from all the regions, but she was devastated that she was given a job as an assistant when she clearly thought she was being interviewed for an editorial place.

“Man am I naïve or what” she whispered to herself as she walked along the halls. She wasn’t sure were she was going due to the lack of information about her job but carried on walking till she met either the person she would become an assistant for or somebody that would help her. Fat chance! Alexis knew that fashion, as well as journalism, was a dog eat dog world, and you had to stand on your own two feet. She still couldn’t believe she was an assistant, after leaving a prestigious academy at the age of 19 she went straight into fashion college for three years. Her throat had become dry due to what she had heard so she decided to go down to the company’s canteen.

The canteen was immaculate. Perfect white walls with mood lighting surfaces with the Vanity Lust logo situated on them. The chairs and table was haute décor. This theme of clean, sophisticated and polished look was consistent in the magazine’s building with all the little splashes of colour like the yellow egg chairs or the red vases just added the high end feel. Yet it was the natural light from the immense windows that made a huge impact to the atmosphere of the building. Strangely enough, the spotless canteen with no dirt was synonymous to the amount of people in the canteen, none. Well, herself and the skinny blonde bitch behind the counter that was eating a full cucumber. Why was it most of the small jobs were given to pretty faces?

“Oh my god, you actually eat in the canteen?” sneered an archetypal camp voice. Alexis spun around to notice an equally camp clothed man. This must have been the Oliver that Tanya had spoken about. He wore a stripy black and white T shirt with a skinny blue and purple scarf around his neck. A beige tweed blazer was worn over and matched the cream trousers and white espadrilles he had donned. His face was long which managed to look normal due to his lanky height. He clearly had made his face look feminine and his hair looked as though it was shorter on the sides and back and he had a quiff that he kept curly and flat, angling over his right forehead just as the small curls on the larger hair. The man must have been passing pass the canteen when he saw Alexis and therefore picked her out.

“Is there something wrong with being in the canteen?” she asked, curious on why it appeared as though it was prohibited to not just eat in the canteen but set foot in the canteen, essentially since Oliver hadn’t walked into the canteen and conversed from the hallway.

“I’m guessing you are, wait let me rephrase that, I know you’re new” he taunted before glaring at Alexis with narrow brown eyes. “People are too self conscious to eat in a canteen. Also, most girls here use their entire caloric intake for alcohol and desserts, as well as everyone acts too superior to eat in a regular canteen. We go out to the finest restaurants or bars of Lilycove, or even take the jets around Hoenn.” As Oliver was explaining he was examining Alexis consistently. “Well I know what you’re here for. You must be Aiden’s new assistant clearly. We’ll see how long you last” he sniggered before walking further along the hallway and away from the canteen.

“Aiden. Who the fuck is Aiden?” she wondered before walking out of the canteen. The name sounded familiar but she couldn’t figure out where she had heard that name before. Taking the nearest hallway she passed many desks with people tapping away on computers before she noticed the ending of a separate hallway. She had noticed this same feature twice on this floor. One here, which was the most left section of the building, one near the entrance on the right, and the final one situated at the far back. It was a large glass wall which had a door at the side. Inside the interior could be clearly seen as long as the curtains were not draped. Inside it seemed as though they were important offices. Before entering the office there was a small white desk with a computer and laptop. Alexis had concluded that the minute work area before the office must belong to assistants working for a bigger person that occupied the bigger office in front of it. Flicking her head back, she knew without second guess that she was going to be an assistant for one of the three.

“Aiden, you don’t know anything. You just want to sleep with the fucking models. I told you, we are following my idea and that’s final!” Immediately the glass door of the office flung open and a comparable looking man and woman came out. Both of them were fairly tall, easily 6 feet or taller. They both had luminous blue eyes with chestnut brown hair. The man was dressed smart with a sleek looking black suit and red tie and his hair was spiked up casually. The woman had an inverted bob with her bangs side swept to give a sharp and stylish look. She wore a small black dress that illustrated her hourglass figure. Around her waist was a large red belt and her sultry lips were painted with bright red lipstick which happened to be the same colour as her stilettos. If it wasn’t easily recognizable that the pair were siblings, then they could easily look like a perfect couple with the matching demeanour.

All of a sudden it hit Alexis. The Aiden that everyone was talking about was Aiden Mann. The woman next to him was Victoria Mann. The pair of them where the owners of Vanity Lust, after their father passed away a few years ago, in addition to taking up two of the highest jobs in the company; Editor-in-Chief and Publisher. Victoria was known for her colossal significance in the fashion world, as well as her impeccable knowledge of the market, and as Publisher she had responsibility over management in the company. Anything that would end up on the final edition of the magazine would have to be approved by her, on top of any photo shoots or catwalks would have to be permitted by her. Aiden…well he was not as well portrayed in the news. He had been shown coming out of clubs’ drunk or crashing notoriously expensive cars as well as being an infamous womaniser. Aiden was given the role of Editor-in-Chief. Any features or senior editor would pitch ideas and get approvals by him. However, many people have shrugged him off by stating he only got the job through nepotism and did not have any true benefit or value to the magazine.

“Aiiiiden….your new assistant is heeyah” stated the voice of Tanya. She had walked up to the left side of the building where Aiden’s office was situated. “I’m bored with ignoring the calls and sitting on my backside so I came to see how you were faiiiiling, but you haven’t even started yeeet” she said with the same annoying voice when they first met. She then scurried away back down the hallway. Aiden and Victoria had stopped arguing and looked at Alexis when Tanya had arrived. Victoria shook her head at Aiden before stomping away down the hall but not forgetting to glare down at Alexis as she passed by.

“So…Alexis right? Sorry about that. My sister and I were discussing the cover of this month’s issue” he said smoothly. His voice had an appealing tone as he walked to Alexis and pulled the white seat next to the desk out, indicating her to sit. “I’m going to be in my office for now, but I’ll call for you when I need you” he said with a smirk and walked back. “Actually I wouldn’t mind a large cappuccino” he quickly requested before continuing to walk back to his office. Alexis sighed as she walked along the corridor, remembering that she noticed a coffee stand opposite the building.

“Sooo….did he get your number yeeet?” questioned Tanya as Alexis passed the reception.

“What?” scoffed Alexis as she looked at Tanya with a perplexed expression on her face.

“Oooh…nothing I guess” she giggled before plugging a set of white heartbeat earphones in her head. Alexis carried on walking past the reception and to the lift where she made her way to the bottom floor of the building. She then walked out of the building and crossed the road, approaching the corner of the apposing street which contained various extensive shops.

“Can I have a one large Cappuccino and a medium Mocha please?” requested Alexis as she waited for the man working the stand to make the beverages. She looked around the street. It was fairly busy as it was in the Metropolitan area of Lilycove. The street she was on had an immense phone shop whilst next to it were clothing department stores. The road was fairly busy as it was rush hour and the street on the apposing side had the skyscraper which was home to Vanity Lust Magazine. Next to it was a grand theatre that hosted many famous plays. On the other side of the Vanity Lust skyscraper was a smaller but still towering building that was owned by a Hoenn bank company.

“’Ere you go luv. That’ll be 6 Pokepounds 39” said the man operating the stand in a hoarse voice. Alexis took out a 5 Pokepound note, a 1 Pokepound coin and two twenty Pokepence coins, and told him to keep the Pokepenny as a tip. “’Ave a gud day lass ‘nd thanks for ‘tip” he smiled before Alexis made her way back to the building. She got to the top floor once more and headed to Aiden’s office when she noticed the same powerful voice she heard before.

“Oliver, has Meredith had her nails done?” demanded the voice. It grew louder signifying that whoever the voice belonged to must be getting closer.

“Yes Nicki. Meredith was dropped at the salon about an hour ago and she is getting her massage in half an hour” replied Oliver. His camp voice was instantaneously recognizable.

“Good, tell her mommy loves her. Go then” she shouted as the heels of a woman approached Alexis from behind. Alexis turned around to see Oliver walking away and the woman standing in front of her. The woman was taller than Alexis and had light skin. She had a large chest which was bigger then the rest of her body but enough to look natural, which she doubted. Her platinum blonde hair that fell to her chest was wavy. Her eyes were a piercing hazel colour and above were eyebrows that were heavily plucked and neatly shaped. She wore an orange one-shoulder tunic dress that fell to her knees. She had a yellow belt showing her skinny waist and curves and yellow Louboutins.

“Move out of my way or your fired” she hissed threateningly. Alexis was panicking now. Who the hell was this woman and why was she so mean? Could she really fire people since to Alexis’s knowledge, it was Aiden and Victoria that were the boss’.

“Nicki, leave her alone. She’s my new assistant” shouted Aiden. He walked up with his little swag and looked at Nicki. She didn’t look at Aiden but Alexis instead. Grinning, she walked away silently. “That’s Nicki Piper. She’s Managing Editor. A fucking fierce bitch, but she was hired by my father since she knows everything. Technically she can’t fire you as she’s second in command over here, well after me and my sister” he whispered to Alexis before taking the cappuccino she had in her right hand. “Thanks for that” he smiled as he walked away back to his office. Alexis stood there gawping at her right hand first and then at the hallway Aiden had just gone down.

“Did he….? Oh my gosh, he so did. I just got skanked by a rich dude” she gasped before looking around at the other people working. She breathed loudly on the spot for a few moments before walking back to the desk outside Aiden’s office.

The light blue sky of Lilycove had turned to a deep shade of navy as the sun had gone down. From the top of the skyscraper, Lilycove looked wondrous. Glimmers of sparkling lights from all the shops, buildings and houses painted the landscape. On the south the water sparkled with the reflection of the mansions on its shore. Many of the people that worked at Vanity Lust had gone home and there were only a few people left such as Aiden, Victoria, Alexis and the cleaners.

Aiden looked up from his desk and through the glass wall to see Alexis. He grinned before getting up and walking out.

“Shit sorry Alexis. I never told you when you could go. You go around the same time as everyone else” apologized Aiden as he stood against the door. Alexis was getting bored and was wondering when she was able to leave.

“Oh don’t worry. I got to play noughts and crosses with myself fifty times” she sake smiled sarcastically as she got up and headed out.

“Hey Alexis. Let me make it up to you” he said as he ran to her. “Let me drive you home since it was my fault you stayed here so long. Plus it’s dangerous for a pretty woman such as yourself to walk around like that back home at this time” he said as he walked alongside her. Alexis smiled as she accepted his offer. She lived quite far from the Metropolitan area of Lilycove, and had taken a train and bus ride to get here this morning. She lived on the far West of Lilycove which was not far from the Safari Zone and was seen as the commuter settlement, just outside the suburban area of Lilycove.

Aiden pulled out of the underground car park which was behind the skyscraper in a black Ferrari f430 and drove to the front where Alexis was waiting.

“Jump in” he smiled as he stopped near the entrance and pulled the car window down. Alexis blushed as she got into the car in the most modest way she could whilst wearing a pencil skirt and heels.

“Nice car. I live on the western commuter belt, near Safari pathway” she said as she looked around the car. Aiden just nodded before speeding off. The car drove smoothly along the road and Aiden was clearly a risky driver; speeding as soon as the traffic light turned amber just to make it past before it turned red. Along the way out of the metropolitan area there was a roundabout. The south exit would lead to the beach mansions and carrying straight along would take you to the suburbs and than the far ends of Lilycove where Alexis lives. Aiden approached the roundabout and slowed down. He looked at Alexis with the corner of his eye before taking the first exit to the south. Alexis was unaware of the change of direction as her father never drove and she would come to the metropolitan area by a train.

“Oh fuck. I took a wrong turn” cursed Aiden as the sign for Moonlight Bay passed them moments later. Moonlight Bay was the area of Lilycove Beach where the rich peoples’ beach mansions were situated. Alexis was unsure what to do. Checking her phone it was already past midnight and her family must have gone to sleep by now. She decided to leave a text message to her family back home. However there was no reply. “I guess you could stay at mines for tonight” whispered Aiden to Alexis who was concentrating on her phone, hoping a text would come back but it didn’t. She looked up and noticed they had stopped in a dark room which must have been a garage.

“I don’t know if that’s such a good idea. I got to really get home” she stuttered. She was panicking slightly as she thought of what could happen if she did end up staying at Aiden’s house, something which was skewed by Aiden’s reputation as a womaniser.

“Well everyone’s asleep at your home and it’s just for tonight” he said getting out. Alexis took out a small pokeball from her bag and kissed it before returning it. It was a sort of luck charm for her and she always had it with her as it contained her first ever pokemon. Eventually getting out of the car she walked towards Aiden who had opened a door for her.

Walking into his house was slightly nerve-racking for her until she saw the house. It was simply remarkable. Chandeliers lit the main room which was a large clear space with marble floor and beige walls. Pillars along the room were also beige and a grand staircase at the end of the room split into two more staircases going up in parallel. Under the parallel stairs, which was at the back of this room were two openings, one on each side. One seemed to be a large kitchen and the other had a mystical blue reflection on the wall that could be seen. Alexis assumed that room had the swimming pool in it.

“I’ll take you upstairs” he said leading her up the stairs and along the right stairs. After passing many rooms along a royal green corridor, they got to a room which seemed as Aiden’s bedroom. Grey coloured walls with a black bed were on the far left of the side. Along the bedroom were sofas and a huge plasma TV on the right. Under it was a fireplace. Next to it was an en-suite bathroom that was sophisticatedly decorated with marble and had a huge Jacuzzi tub, a glass shower cubicle in the brown marble and a white sink and mirrors. Going back to the bedroom and next to he bed there was a door which led to a immense walk in wardrobe. One amazing feature of the bedroom was the whole left side of the bedroom was glass doors and led to a balcony as well as allowing a stunning view of the ocean.

Aiden dimmed the lights and draped the curtains before walking behind Alexis. “Do you want me to help you undress?” he asked as he wrapped his arms around her waist and whispered in her ear. Alexis stood frozen. What the hell was he doing? Moreover, what the hell was she doing? She was in the right mind to slap him one when Aiden had twirled her around and kissed her on her lips. Alexis knew this was wrong especially since he was her boss but, she liked it. He then started kissing her neck and shoulder, slowly undressing her as he went along. Alexis started breathing faster from pleasure and pulled Aiden onto the bed where they made love throughout the night.

The following morning Alexis woke up as the light of the sun caught her right eye. Getting up she noticed she was naked. Her knickers were on the floor and her bra was all the way on the top of the bed frame.

“Fuck, I am going to be so fucked” she whispered to herself as she ran her right hand through her dishevelled auburn hair.

“Morning Alexis” whispered Aiden as he wrapped his arms around her waist and leaned in to kiss her cheek. “I enjoyed last night” he smiled as he kissed her on the lips before getting out of the bed and slipping on some black designer underwear. “Don’t worry Alexis. This is our secret. Just tell your family that you slept at the office and just act normal back at work” he smiled as he went into the wardrobe and got Alexis a black bodycon dress and jacket. “I have some anytime a girl comes” he smiled before walking to the bathroom.

When both Alexis and Aiden had gotten ready they drove back to the office. Upon approaching the car park there was a large number of paparazzi there.

“Don’t worry Alexis. They are usually here” he smiled, not knowing the real reason they were here. The pair walked out of the car park after Aiden had parked the Ferrari when the paparazzi mobbed them.
    “Anna Tess from Oops Magazine. What compelled you to sleep with your assistant?” shouted a voice of a woman in the crowd on shouting paparazzi. The questions were all the same regarding Alexis and Aiden together. It certainly didn’t help that they had just come out of the car together. The paparazzi continued sticking their microphone and shouting questions at the two.

“Run Alexis” shouted Aiden as he grasped Alexis’s hand and ran to the building. “How the fuck did this get out, and this soon?” he wondered as he looked at Alexis. “Hey babe, we’ll sort this out” he said kissing her in the lift before getting to the top floor and walking briskly to his office.

“Heeeeyyy….told you…” smirked Tanya as Alexis passed her but was dragged along by Aiden.

“Don’t look at anyone until we get to my office” he ordered as they made their way to his office. Nevertheless, Victoria was already waiting in his office.

“What do you call this?” she shouted as she threw a newspaper with a picture of Aiden and a picture of Alexis. Alexis looked at Aiden and then at Victoria. She knew she was in big trouble.
    Last edited by Milo†icgirl McQüeen; 25th July 2011 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Sorry, didn't add the choater number and name at the beginning.

The Dimension Wizard Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

All right when I started I thought of one thing The Devil Wears Prada but the girl actually knows about fashion and her boss is a guy...though that isn't too different from what happens in the latter part of the movie.

The grammar was good aside from the coffee guy but that's the accent talking really, aside from that and some words I had to look up the grammar is fine though there are some typos at times.

Anyway for a first chapter is was actually pretty interesting, though a little lacking in substance and rhythm but it's a first chapter after all I mean you literally have to describe everything in a first chapter, especially for something like this so it was actually pretty well done in that sense.

Can't say much about the characters just yet since it was an introduction chapter but I like Alexis's character a little different from the Alexis I've seen before in a way really. And I like Aiden he's cool and serene though a little bit of a ditz but that also add to the fun of it, as for the other characters, well that has to wait till they get a little bit more time in the spotlight.

Also:

“Fuck, I am going to be so fucked” she whispered to herself as she ran her right hand through her dishevelled auburn hair.
    I think she already was, in more ways than one.

Anyway it's an interesting concept and is definitely unseen in the workshop, also it doesn't matter if it doesn't have a lot of Pokemon or battles or anything as long as it's interesting and it's done right then you've got something that can be likable.

Blog Entries

Yeah, I should really point out that grammar does not appply to the coffee guy and Tanya xD

Also, I really don't want to give anything away but the first three chapters are bit dwindling but they carry on.

Finally,

Also:

I think she already was, in more ways than one.
    I hope that was a serious comment xD The repetition of fuck was reflective on her dilemma that she had no other words at that moment xD

Anyway, thank you for the comment and I'm just really eager on this idea.

The Dimension Wizard Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

Well then I'll be reading, actually could you tag me when the next chapter comes out?

Brock's Pikachu LightningTopaz's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

I too agree that this evoked "The Devil Wears Prada" meets Pokemon. What really stood out to me is how well you portrayed the other employees and their "holier than thou" attitudes (for lack of a better way to describe it) towards Alexis. I'm also picking up a Mean Girls vibe considering how they picked on Alexis and fired the two models.

With this kind of setup, it makes me want to root for Alexis and hope she makes it to the top while being true to her values at the same time.
    My URPG stats: Maya's status

SuBuWriMo status: 28,103 words in all!

Blog Entries

Aww thank you for that review.

I was honestly bricking it as this is my first ever fic.

Also LightningTopaz, without saying too much, people change. Some people become more friendlier whilst others change as they get to the top. End...

Brock's Pikachu LightningTopaz's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

At any rate, I wish you good luck.
    My URPG stats: Maya's status

SuBuWriMo status: 28,103 words in all!

Yeezy taught me The Booty Warrior's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, now, I have to say that I enjoyed this very much.

This is a really good concept you have here. For me, I think the best bit is that you picked the most fitting place in all of Hoenn. Where else but Lilycove?

I wish I could say something else, but a lot of it has already been said.

However, I do have one comment on the grammar, but only one, and that was this:

“Man am I naïve or what” she whispered to herself as she walked along the halls.
    There should be a question mark at the end of that what. Aside from that, though, it was virtually perfect.

I'm certainly looking forward to how this climb to the top in this vicious-looking world, and how Alexis may have to change herself in order to get there.

Oh, yes, if you do tags, may I be tagged as well?
    "I never sleep, 'cause sleep is the cousin of death." - Nasir bin Olu Dara Jones, N.Y. State of Mind

Blog Entries

Oh my god, I am really grateful for everyone's great reviews. I honestly had no idea people would like it, mainly because it was fashion related and I thought that would turn of many readers.

I also hate English in school, so to say my grammar is virtually perfect and only one mistake, I'm flabbergasted.

I'll start doing tags and my next chapter will be quite some time away. (I don't really have much time on my hands.)

Blog Entries

I have to agree with the others who said about this being devil wears prada meets pokemon... a fascinating concept :D and a good, interesting chapter :D

I will definitely keeping an eye on this, it's a refreshing new idea for a fanfic indeed. As for grammar... to me, ur grammar is flawless.
    "Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."

Arthur Conan Doyle

http://z13.invisionfree.com/Rainbow_Starworld/index.php?act=idx

Blog Entries

Thanks so much and if you want, I could tag you when the next chapter is posted.

Blog Entries

yes please :)
    "Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."

Arthur Conan Doyle

http://z13.invisionfree.com/Rainbow_Starworld/index.php?act=idx

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Interesting story, and I'm rather impressed for your first go at fan fiction writing. I remember one of your URPG stories, and I must say this is a very good improvement :)

I did notice a lot of similarities between this and Ugly Betty, with each character here seeming to represent someone from that show (Amanda, Marc, Daniel, Alexis, Wilhemina), but they all came across as interesting characters anyway and I look forward to seeing them getting developed.

I can't really comment too much on plot, as this is the introductory chapter and not much plot usually happens here. I do think that the setting could be different: it is such a brilliant idea, but it doesn't seem to fit as a Pokemon story, as Pokemon don't really seem to have anything to do with it really. I sort of cringe when I really brilliant fic or a really brilliant idea is ruined a bit by having Pokemon seemingly shoved in there to make it a Pokemon fic. I think this would work better either set in London (as it does come across as very British) or maybe including Pokemon a bit more e.g. Pokemon working in the office (Leavanny are meant to be sewers), passing Pokemon on her way home, seeing some of Alexis or Aiden's Pokemon.

However it is a good fic and I look forward to seeing the plot develop in the next chapter.

^^^^ The GalacticVerse Bibliography (Thanks to Blazaking for Banner) ^^^^

Blog Entries

Yeah this was alot more orientated with Ugly Betty. However the only characters I think that are really similar are Tanya and Oliver.

I had no idea it comes of British xD What I would like to say, I promise there's a few chapters I have planned where Pokemon "themes" are used a bit more. I really don't want to let anything slip but I promise there Pokemon chapters ahead.

Thank you and telling me to get more Pokemon involved I think that will be able to fill in chapters I might need.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast