Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Caged Twin Song [PG-16 - MA]

Actual Cannibal Shiay LaBeouf Shiay's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiay On Twitter Add Shiay on Facebook
    Follow Shiay on Tumblr Visit Shiay's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Caged Twin Song [PG-16 - MA]

Act Nine

Releasing the other four Pokémon that I had with me, I felt relieved to see that all of them were still in good condition and that Team Rocket hadn't tried to do anything with them. I glazed over Sylsalis, Ivanox, Garrun and Deniz, making sure for a fact that none of them were harmed in any fashion. It was when the four of them nearly suffocated me by crowding around me in happiness that I was for certain that they were as okay as they looked. The only thing that made my heart sink was when all of them immediately backed off once they caught the scent of blood on my body.

“You think we'll be good to scour this and other levels for the research documents without getting caught again..?” Jaysen asked me, leaning down by the Vaporeon and petting her on the head after a moment. I just turned my attention from my Pokémon down to he and Sylsalis both, just thinking about what he asked in my head. One of the Rockets that had already tried to capture me told me that we were too valuable to lose – and that was cause for rise of concern.

I gave a small nod after a moment. We needed to keep our heads up at this point. There was no use to stay looking at the downside of things. To be getting out of here alive and well, we needed to be believing in ourselves and the ability that we could be achieving our goal in the end.

Walking out further into the hall is when I realized something. I had never caught just what the Furor Serum looked like – after all, I had my eyes pretty much closed the whole time. I was just only able to be making out the silhouette of the syringes before I closed my eyes in fear.

“Jaysen...” I started, glancing down both ways of the hall.

“Mhm...?”

“Did you ever catch what the Furor Serum looked like?”

“You didn't see it when they forced it into us?”

I shook my head; “I had my eyes closed the whole time, pretty much.”

“Ah...” Jaysen paused and then paced a few steps forwards to be standing beside me. I felt him put one of his hands over my shoulder before continuing what it was he had to be saying to me, “the lights were pretty dim, so it was hard for me to be making out as well. However... I do remember the fluid looking to be a sort of ruby red colour.”

I gave another nod. So that was the kind of sample that we had to be searching for in addition to the research papers about it. Hopefully they wouldn't have been taken with the heads of the human weapons experimentation bodies. That would be just our luck. Having all of this happen just to not really have anything to work with in the end.

Turning my head as soon as I heard Ivanox give a rather loud whine to mine and Jaysen's conversation, I looked to the Nidoking with a somewhat forced smile to try and be reassuring before walking over to him and placing a hand up on his cheek. Ivanox must have been extremely worried about me – after all, I was only covered in blood and pretty much reeking of nothing but death and fear. I couldn't blame him for being as worried as he was – besides Trépas, Ivanox was one of the first Pokémon that we welcomed onto the team when he was just a Nidoran♂.

I spoke softly, trying not to cause anymore alarm to he and the others around; “quiet now, Ive.... Everything is going to be alright. We just need to be finding a few things before getting out of here.”

This is when I turned my attention to the rest of my team as well as Jaysen and then crouched down on the ground. I held out my hands to both Sylsalis and Deniz, allowing for the Vaporeon and Smeargle to be nearing so that I could give them the comfort of allowing them to know that who they saw before them was still the same Jaydin as the one that they met on our travels together.

I saw several flashes beside me, and then I turned my head to look over at Jaysen. Four other Pokémon were standing beside him in addition to Kaiser, his Kabutops. I inhaled rather deeply and then continued to keep a forced smile upon my lips as I thought out what to be saying. While I scratched both Sylsalis and Deniz on top of their heads, that's when I began: “h-heh... I know that our scents may be a little different at the moment... but it's really... just so relieving to see you all recognizing us for who we are.”

A sigh...

“We need any and all help that we can be getting...” I heard in my voice that I carried a tone of desperation within it as I spoke. “It's been so long since we really got to be working together as a team... I missed all of you.... And I'm so glad that you're all safe.”

After just taking a mere few short moments with the Pokémon I called my friends to be basking in their company once again, I pulled out my sketchbook and laid out a quick plan on the floor. When all was said and squared away, everyone took to groups of two – I had Garrun along with me. Whatever of the Serum's urges I could suppress, he, as a Rhydon, could certainly make up for in brute strength alone.

The only real thing that ran through my mind, however, were the thoughts of hoping with everything that I had that my other friends and both Jaysen and his Pokémon would remain safe if were were all split up like this. We all pretty much had different floors to be weeding through and we didn't know if there were any other Rocket members lingering on the floors that we were on in order to be capturing us once again.

Coming across one of the rooms that was apparently left unopened on this floor, I furrowed my brow and braced myself as I rose my foot and kicked at the structure with the flat of my foot to be knocking it off its hinges. Such was not the case as I simply just pushed myself hard enough back to be toppling backward into a sitting position. A scowl made it's way onto my face as I realized that not even a kick of the serum was active within me at the moment and I then looked up as Garrun moved forward.

“... You got this, bud?”

With a snort and a curt nod, Garrun stomped forwards and slammed his side into the door, busting it off its frame. I rose my hands in front of my face to protect it in case anything was to be ricocheting back to either of us. Luckily, that did not happen and I was free to be picking myself back up onto my feet while using Garrun as an anchor.

Wow... my body ached.... Must have been through all the training courses that Jaysen and I were put through and all the times the Serum forced us to keep going against our better judgment.

Shaking my head from my thoughts, I motioned Garrun inward while staggering along beside him. My body as Jaydin couldn't take anymore of this abuse. I was bruised, bloodied, and... well hell, I'm actually surprised that nothing was broken. After all the things that we'd been put through, I'd have expected several ribs to be broken, maybe my arm or leg... but I seemed to be fine besides the surface wounds.

I gave a scoff as both the Rhydon and I were far enough into the room to where I stumbled into a desk and knocked over several things. One of those things being a picture frame. Some part of me told me to leave it the way it was and that it didn't matter that it was only simply knocked over; the other part of me was the part that took over and actually took the frame to set it back upright on the desk. I had glanced down to the photo in that moment that I had.

I wish I hadn't.

The picture was one that I was used to seeing back when I lived in Jubilife with my family.

“It can't be...” I whispered.

deviantART | Perfect Lie | The Sinclair Journal | Level Up! | My Fanclub | Fallout Fanclub | Morty/Matsuba Fanclub | Left 4 Dead Group | TERA Player

Tempest Reach Server
    Jaydin.Byrd/37/Human/Warrior | Alloura/20/Elin/Priest | Jaysen.Biel/20/Castanic/Warrior | Kayan/6/Castanic/Archer
    Azrea/5/Castanic/Warrior | Gwenevire/8/Elin/Sorcerer | Jak.Sinclair/18/Human/Warrior | Sylsalis/10/Castanic/Archer

Celestial Hills Server
    Vaiha/15/Castanic/Slayer | Thalifra/16/Castanic/Sorcerer | Shiay/13/Human/Slayer | Mirielle.Maltrusse/23/High Elf/Mystic
    Nuell/20/Castanic/Archer | Open | Open | Open

Blog Entries

Act Ten

I must have been staring at that picture for minutes while my mouth hung open in disbelief. While I gaped, I could feel my eyes sting and start to brim with tears.

This photo... this photo was a smaller replica of the family portrait that was taken when I was just about two years of age....

That was around the time that my eldest brother, Chaz, had left for his own journey. That was also around the time that I had received the golden pin that I carry around with me to this day.

Continuing to look at the picture, I continuously thought that this couldn't be right. That what I was seeing couldn't be true – that it was just a figment of my imagination. After all... none of my family would ever think of being even associated with Team Rocket... right...? I mean... but why would someone that wasn't part of the Byrd family and those branching have a picture of my family from thirteen years ago...? It just didn't make any sense and it made my heart grow heavier with every thought I tried to make out to assure myself that no one I knew was a part of Team Rocket.

A low whine from Garrun is what snapped me out of my thoughts and drop the frame in surprise. I had almost forgotten that I was with the Rhydon in that very instance. It's funny... I hadn't even heard the picture frame hit against the ground when I looked back to Garrun – to top that off, I didn't even know it was on the floor until I made motion to the walking over next to Garrun and heard the crunch of glass beneath my foot.

Looking back down, I crouched and then moved and picked apart some of the glass shards to be pulling the picture from the frame for myself. Not sure if I should have been classifying this as a selfish act or not, however, as it stood, the photo was property of myself and my family. Whoever was in possession of it before myself had no right to it. At least... not in my eyes they didn't.

I held the photo close for a moment and started to put it into my bag before pausing as I felt small indentations on the back of the picture. Flipping the item over in my hands, I made out a scrawl that was scribbled on the back of the picture. I felt my brow knit together as I concentrated on making out the words.

… 'I can only hope that she forgives me.'

I could only quirk my brow to this message written on the back of my family photo.

Who was 'she'? Was 'she' me...? Or was 'she' my mother...?

Giving an inaudible sigh, I just made to be tucking the photo away in my messenger bag safely and padded around the desk, looking for anything that could be useful. Such didn't seem to be the case when I opened some of the desk drawers and filed through them. Lots of it was just junk or papers stamped with the words "FAILED" or "SUCCESS".

Rifling through the papers and reading over some of them, it was when I came across diagrams and rough sketches of machines and creatures. I had to reread over some of what I held in my hands several times over before I figured out that the machines that were pictured here were what helped with DNA rendering and splicing to be making some of the chimeras that Jaysen and I were pent up against during our training as human weapons.

Flipping through the papers, I stopped as soon as I saw two files that had both my and Jaysen's Trainer IDs attached to it with a paperclip. I could swear that my heart leaped into my throat at that. I just couldn't really come to grips with what it was that I was looking at. There was a whole set of vitals on the two of us; height, weight, age, hair colour, eye colour... everything.... Even the Pokémon that we had on hand and the Pokémon that we were keeping stored away.

I flipped the page again while taking back both IDs and then looked down as I caught sight of something written in large red letters over the printed text.

"HUMAN WEAPONS PROJECT.

NOVA AND AIAS.

SOON TO BE ABORTED."

deviantART | Perfect Lie | The Sinclair Journal | Level Up! | My Fanclub | Fallout Fanclub | Morty/Matsuba Fanclub | Left 4 Dead Group | TERA Player

Tempest Reach Server
    Jaydin.Byrd/37/Human/Warrior | Alloura/20/Elin/Priest | Jaysen.Biel/20/Castanic/Warrior | Kayan/6/Castanic/Archer
    Azrea/5/Castanic/Warrior | Gwenevire/8/Elin/Sorcerer | Jak.Sinclair/18/Human/Warrior | Sylsalis/10/Castanic/Archer

Celestial Hills Server
    Vaiha/15/Castanic/Slayer | Thalifra/16/Castanic/Sorcerer | Shiay/13/Human/Slayer | Mirielle.Maltrusse/23/High Elf/Mystic

Blog Entries

Act Eleven

I stared at the scrawl for just a few moments longer before I pursed my lips together in thought and folded the papers to by putting into my bag as well. It may have not been any information on the Furor Serum, but it was information that was obtained that they didn't need. Not only that – I didn't want them to have any information on either myself or Jaysen in their possession any longer!

Slowly standing back up straight, I looked to my left to where a drawer remained unopened. Tilting my head to it, I edged closer to it and moved my hand down to be grasping the handle. Pulling back, I quickly found out that the drawer was locked shut. I couldn't help but to get up with a low growl while kicking at the desk hard. I had left a rather deep indent within the metal walls of the structure and then took the time to be taking a small steps back next to Garrun.

"Gar... do you think you can do something else for me...?" I asked, stealing a quick glance to my partner. I caught a glimpse of him staring back down at me, listening intently as to what it was I was going to be saying next.

"Get the desk open, will you? I want to see what's in it, but I can't pull it open..." I continued, pacing around the desk. I heard Garrun snort and trudges forward. Raising my hands almost instantly as he rose a fist high, I shook my head almost frantically and bit my tongue in order to keep myself exclaiming at him; "no, no, no Garrun! Don't break it... just get it open!"

Garrun gave a small whine to my actions, though nodded while grabbing the handle of the drawer and tugging down sharply. I heard the rather violent rattling of glass containers hitting up against one another as the drawer was broken open. Walking back over and peeking inside, I saw different phials, all filled with different kinds of liquids.

Kneeling down by the broken drawer, I dug into the contents of the drawer and sifted through the different glass containers. None of them seemed to be at all what I was looking for, as the fluids were either just drab, clear liquids, or differently coloured from what it was that I was looking for. There certainly wasn't any 'ruby red' hued serums from what I could be telling as I lifted the different phials to observe them.

"Dammit... dammit..." I muttered, now starting to just throw the glass containers off to the side as I continued to rifle through them. Just where was the Furor Serum? This was obviously where several of more of the important 'concoctions' were kept, seeing as the drawer was locked and that they were in an... Executive's office? Ah... whatever... the rank of the member that this office belonged to mattered not to me. I needed to find the Serum and then get out of here with Jaysen.

"I can't find the damn thing..." I irritably whispered to myself as I quickly made way to be standing back up. Jerking my hand downward, I threw the last phial I had down on the ground and looked back to the desk. My eyes lingered on the now somewhat disheveled computer. I gave a frown before looking around and seeing if the power still worked and then went to be turning on the monitor.

Taking the keyboard and pulling it toward me, I furrowed my brow as I looked to the screen of the monitor and typed in certain commands. After a few keystrokes, the screen then flashed at me.

'ATTENTION: PASSWORD NEEDED.

ENTER PASSWORD: |'

I blinked at this, only stupefied by the fact that I needed information that I didn't have. It was that way for probably five minutes at the most before I looked back down to the keyboard and entering whatever. Random entry after random entry, the same thing flashed up on the screen after every time I pressed 'Enter': 'WRONG PASSWORD'.

I sighed and then growled after about five times and then slapped my hand against the keys. This was so frustrating; trying to get out of here while leaving with the most amount of information that we could be. Why couldn't things like this ever be easy?

Just for kicks, I turned by unimpressed gaze back to the screen and entered 'Adalia'. Adalia being my middle name – it was unique enough, and you never knew. I gave a scoff as I looked to the asterisks there in the password entry area and then turned my head down while closing my eyes and hitting my fingers hard against the enter key.

Looking up, I shook my head.

'WRONG PASSWORD'

"Figures..." I sighed, edging back from the desk and glancing back around the room again. Stepping back against Garrun and just simply leaning with my back against him, I looked to the computer and then up to the Rhydon. Quirking a brow to him and frowning as he looked back down to me while expelling a strong exhale in my face, I shut my eyes and then waved a hand in front of my face.

"Guess we ought'a start getting out of here and meeting up with Jaysen to be getting out of the base..." I said after a moment. That's when I felt Garrun shift uncomfortably and saw him instantly turn his head to the door. Turning my own attention to the open door as well, I saw shadows on the wall that were steadily growing bigger as they neared.

"Are you sure that the both of them are still down here!? We can't afford to be running in circles and allowing them to escape our hold!"

A gasp escaped from my lips and I stood back up straight, placing both my hands against Garrun's shoulder and looking around quickly with my eyes wide. I hated how my heart started to pound in my chest again as the adrenaline pumped through my veins once more as well. The rush was almost unbearable as it reminded me much of how I felt when I was forced to do training with Jaysen against the chimeras.

Thinking quickly, I dug in my bag and pulled out Garrun's PokéBall and fumbled with it to be returning him to the capsule. Couldn't afford to get caught – I wasn't going to allow for it to be happening. That being the case, I now needed a place to be hiding as the Rhydon was now returned to his ball capsule.

I looked around the room once again and then just dashed to be standing behind the door and file cabinet that were over there. I had tried to slow my breathing as well when the door got pushed open wider and leaned more into me due to being on broken hinges. Pressing my back against the wall to avoid being discovered, I saw in my peripheral vision that that blonde woman (Domino, I think her name was) and someone that stood tall over her walk into the room.

My chest heaved as I watched them look around the room and I swallowed hard.

"Ma'am... perhaps they've actually gotten out of here by now..." the taller of the two said. I shifted over to get a better look and that's when I saw the guy that had told me to get out of here. The initial sight of him surprised me and I frowned somewhat when that lady turned her attention toward him, her expression dark and angered.

"There's no way that they could have! They couldn't get past the surveillance cameras just like that! There's no records of them being seen escaping to past the first three levels to be getting out of here!" Domino exclaimed, stamping a foot a moment while clenching her fists. The guy to her left simply stood there, his attention kept on Domino, obviously unfazed by her actions.

"Perhaps they found a way to slip out without the cameras catching them," the man responded after time.

"Yes, Executive Byrd. They both just found all the ways to be slipping from us!"

My heart and train of thought instantly stopped as I caught my breath in my throat.

Executive Byrd...

Executive... Byrd.

There was no way. I didn't want to believe it. I couldn't believe it.

Tempest Reach Server

Celestial Hills Server

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12