TEEN: BW: Journey Through Unova

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BW: Journey Through Unova

The Dimension Wizard Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

Default BW: Journey Through Unova

Yes, it's a journey fic and yes it's another fic about Black and White, but I myself think that it's kind of good for a writer to test himself by writing something about a game or show that already exist and put in his own point of view, which is why I at least want to take the plunge at this. I'll understand if you don't like it but if you can and you have the time I'll also love it if you guys read it and tell me what you think.

BLACK and WHITE

Journey Through Unova

Table of Contents:
    Chapter 1: It Starts with Black (Below)
    Chapter 2: White's Annoyance and Black's Debt
    Chapter 3: Plasma Strikes
    Chapter 4: Head to Striaton Gym
    Chapter 5: Bianca's Search
    Chapter 6: Rotation Battle, The Three Paths Collide
    Chapter 7: Grow Stronger, Time to Save the Munna

Chapter 1: It Starts with Black

The Unova Region, one of the farthest regions in the Pokémon world and definitely the most advanced of them. Unlike the regions to the eastern side of this island, Unova has reached a peak in both science and nature, allowing humans to live alongside Pokémon while also advancing in their own discoveries of the world.

Not just that, but the region of Unova is also known for their Pokémon. Pokémon in Unova are unique, with abilities that aren’t seen anywhere else, making them a fine specimen from any collector that’s from far away.

But, just like all Regions, Unova has Pokémon Trainers, humans that have decided to go out on journeys with their Pokémon, to live, befriend and understand them. Essentially while most people want to travel with Pokémon, others take it as a sport. The sport of battling is indeed famous in Unova, and the Unova League is one of the places where most trainers want to go.

However, Unova doesn’t bring only battling, there are trainers that want to take a more creative way of life, trainers that want to express their love of art and music. These events are called Pokémon Musicals, and like Contests which are famous abroad, these ones required a trainer to show his or her sense of beauty.

This is where our story starts. The Town of Nuvena, a place known for its peacefulness as well as being the best place for new trainers to start their journey, is in this town that three new adventurers are about to set off.

“She’s late!” the yell of a male teenager was heard throughout the whole town, causing the Pokémon sleeping around the two floored wooden house to jump in surprise. Inside the room in the house’s second floor two boys were sitting, one on the bed that had a blue blanket on top of it, and one that was sitting on the floor.

One of them had messy brown hair that was covering part of his forehead, along with a pair of eager brown eyes that reflected his excitement for starting his journey. He was wearing a blue zipper jacket which he had zipped up; except for the neck. He was also wearing a black pair of pants and red sneakers.

The boy that was on the floor had black straight hair, which was kept to the sides so as to not cover his eyes. He wore a pair of round glasses and like his friend above him had a blue jacket and a pair of black jeans; except his jacket was kept open to reveal the white shirt with a red stripe going down to his waist, and the fact that his jeans were tighter around his legs. “Calm down Black, she said she would be here so we should wait.”

“She didn’t just say she would be here,” Black gritted his teeth before looking back down at his watch to check the time. “Bianca said she’ll be so early she’ll make breakfast, well look, she’s not here and I’m hungry!” he exclaimed in annoyance before letting his body fall back down to the bed.

Black, Cheren and Bianca, they’ve been friends since all three of them have memory and they all share the same dream, to become Pokémon trainers and travel around Unova. However, while both Black and Cheren were more than ready to go, Bianca was late; though even though Black didn’t want to recognize it he knew why. Black stared up at the roof, thinking about where he would go and which Pokémon he would capture once he finally sets off.

“Black, both you and I know that Bianca is still having problems with her father about this whole journey subject,” Cheren replied without turning to look at Black; in truth he was already tired of waiting as well, but giving Black the satisfaction of knowing that would be even worse. “All we can do now is wait for her,”

“Easy to say when you don’t have that in front of you,” Black pushed himself up before pointing down at the brown bag that was on the floor right next to Cheren. “We could’ve picked Pokémon already if she was here,”

At that moment the door was slammed open, revealing a panting girl running inside. Bianca had blond hair that was mostly covered by the large green hat she was wearing. Her clothes consisted of a combination of white and orange, with a white skirt and an orange top with a white shirt under it, she was also carrying a green purse with the strap around her left shoulder. “Sorry I’m late guys,” Bianca bowed in apology, her hat falling off by accident. “Oops, sorry,” she giggled before picking it back up and walking over to the two boys. “I had some trouble with my dad while on my way here.”

“What did you do, did he let you go on your journey?” Black asked curiously, all sense of inpatience and anger washing away as soon as he heard Bianca come in.

“Um…let’s go with that, but anyhow,” she opened up the brown bag, revealing the three red and white balls that were inside, all three of them looking like they had just come out of production. “I can’t believe Professor Juniper actually let us pick our Pokémon here.”

“Gotta thank my cousin for that, since she’s her assistant and all,” Cheren pointed out while looking down at the pokeballs, beginning to think which Pokémon he’ll want to choose. “I think you should pick first Bianca, you’ve been through a lot,” he suggested with a nod from his head.

“Thanks Cheren,” Bianca smiled before looking down at the bag and letting her hand lower into it. Black looked on with great curiosity, hoping she didn’t pick the Pokémon he wanted to have. Bianca’s hand quickly came back up, holding the pokeball tightly before she stood up. “All right, go!” she threw the pokeball against the wall, causing it to bounce and burst open sending out a small lizard-like Pokémon, it was mostly green, with both the back and tail being in that shade while its chest and everything in the front was white. It also had a pair of wide red eyes with black pupils.

“Sni,” the Snivy spoke, looking up at its new trainer with a drowsy look.

“He’s so cute!” Bianca squealed falling to her knees and hugging the Snivy tightly, causing it to shake around to try and get out of her hold; though it seemed futile.

“Well, I didn’t want a Snivy, but man is she hugging it,” Black pointed out with a raised eyebrow, Bianca had always had trouble with cute Pokémon; considering she always grabbed them and began smothering them to no end. “Well Cheren, go next.”

“No,” Cheren replied before looking up at Black with a serious look in his eyes. “I want you to pick first,” Black cringed a little at Cheren’s look; he probably just wanted to grab the starter that was stronger against his. But, if he ended up grabbing the water type starter Cheren would have the bad end of the stick, though Black wasn’t about to pick that one.

“Suit yourself,” he eagerly put his hand in the back and grabbed the pokeball in the middle before getting it back up and throwing the ball into the air. The ball burst jus tlike Snivy’s pokeball had before sending out a small orange and black colored pig Pokémon. It had a small red nose and two long black ears, it also had a spot on its forehead and a pair of blue eyes.

“Pig,” Tepig looked up at Black, who was grinning from happiness since he had picked the starter he wanted.

“Okay Tepig, I’m Black and I’ll be your new trainer,” Black got up from the bed before jumping over to Tepig and raising it, causing it to look around the room in curiosity. “And we’ll be a powerful duo, I assure you.” He chuckled confidently. “Now’s your turn Cheren,” Black looked over at Cheren; though he was surprised to notice his friend had already picked the last pokeball.

Next to Cheren was a short seal Pokémon, it had a bit of a dazed look and was mostly white in color; except for its blue legs and the sea shell that was stuck to its chest; it also had a pair of small black eyes. “Oshawott, a water type Pokémon who will eventually evolve into Samurott, a very powerful water type Pokémon that can also learn ice type moves,” Cheren replied with a nod.

“Boring,” Black exclaimed, before looking over at Bianca and then turning back to Cheren. “Well, now that we each have our Pokémon, how about we go say goodbye to Professor Juniper.”

“Oh right, I saw her before coming here, she asked me if we could go to her lab, said she wanted to give us something extra,” Bianca pointed out while holding her finger out. She quickly got up and returned her Snivy back to its ball, her two companions doing the same shortly afterwards.

The three trainers got down to the ground floor of the house, where Black’s mom was in the kitchen making sure everything was ready for lunch. “We’re going to Professor Juniper’s mom!” Black called out to his mother who turned around to look at him. She had brown hair just like Black, but her hair went down to her waist and unlike him her eyes were grey.

“Okay, try not to cause too much trouble, last time you went over it almost blew up,” she advised and went back to what she was doing. She looked a bit to the left, noticing the three teenagers walking out of the house. “Good luck son,”

After walking around town for a while, and inspecting it for one last time for what could be months or even years, the three headed towards the lab that was on the outskirts of town. There was a large silver colored gate that guarded the entrance to the large white building. It had an orange roof along with it and two floors with round windows around the building. Cheren walked over to a small speaker next to the gate and pressed the red button. “Professor, it’s me Cheren, we’re here.” The machine just buzzed around for a few seconds before the gates began opening themselves.

“That was easy enough,” Black pointed out before he and his two friends began walking into the front yard of Juniper’s lab. Black looked around the front yard, usually there were various Pokémon playing around there, but today was a calm day and Professor Juniper probably didn’t have anyone to watch over them.”

Once they made it to the door it opened instantly allowing the three to walk straight in. Bianca seemed a bit nervous, her father was still mad about he going on her journey as it was, and if Professor Juniper told him she actually went along with it; then it would be a complete disaster. Cheren on the other hand was calmed, with his hands inside his pocket as he led the two to the lab room.

“Well hello my darlings,” the three trainers were greeted by a tall woman in her early thirties, her long brown hair combed so that it’s standing above itself, with some of it under a large amount of hair. She had white porcelain skin along with a pair of green eyes. She was wearing a lab coat along with a white shirt and a green skirt. “I can’t believe you guys are finally here for the last time, off to your journeys right?”

“Yep, we start after you give us those important artifacts,” Black replied, wondering what Juniper was gonna give them in the end. For a second the Professor seemed to forget as she looked at the pokeballs hanging on their belts.

“I guess you already picked starters after all,” she grinned happy that the Pokémon she had spend so much time doing research on finally found owners. The four of them turned to the hall that was to the left as a small furry Pokémon walked into the lab room. It was covered in grey fur with a pair of long ears that had white fur on the tip, it had a pair of die black eyes and a long furry tail; like the ears they had white fur at the tip. “Oh, hey Minccino, sorry I forgot to give you your meal,” she knelt down and grabbed the small chinchilla Pokémon and lifted it; at that same time Cheren and Black were both stopping Bianca from jumping at the chance to hug the Pokémon.

“Professor, I think you should get back to the task at hand, and that’s coming from me,” Black chuckled while keeping a tight hold around Bianca’s arms. This caused Juniper to nod and walked over to the table nearby.

“Well, it’s this, the most important thing you’ll want,” Professor Juniper grabbed three devices that were on the desk. They were small square shaped devices, each of them with two different colors but they all looked the same way, the one of the right side was orange color with a green wheel that resembled half a pokeball, the one on the left was white color with a blue wheel while the one in the middle was black with a red wheel on it. “These are, as you may have guessed, the new Pokedex I’ve been working on the last couple of years,”

All three trainers gasped as they looked at their devices, especially Black whose sole dream was to one day be good enough to have a Pokedex. A Pokedex, a device given to trainers so that they can gather information on different Pokémon, due to it being a hard task it is generally given to trainers that show some potential or are skilled enough have been handed these artifacts, and all of those qualified trainers have become famous and are known as Pokedex Holders. “No way….” Black gasped, practically drooling at the sight of the Pokedex. “But, we’re just starting out.”

“You might be, but you guys have all great skills,” Juniper pointed out before handing Cheren the white Pokedex, Bianca the orange one and Black the black one. “Black, you have a strong will that carries you on, even in tough times, this will prove to be something useful in battle since it keeps your Pokémon’s courage up,” she then turned to look at Bianca. “Bianca, you might be a bit airheaded, but you’re very nice to Pokémon and are able to befriend them very easily, it isn’t just battles it’s living and bonding with Pokémon the best you can, and that’s what you excel at.” She finally turned to look at Cheren who was still keeping his serious look. “You have a vast knowledge on Pokémon, their habitats, abilities and behavior, not just that but you were quite skilled when it came to calming the lab Pokémon down when it was your turn to look over them, that’s why you’ll make a fine Pokedex Holder,”

“So….we really are holders after all,” Black looked down at his Pokedex, clenching it tightly while a smile crossed his face. “It’s too awesome.”

“You guys are what, fourteen,” Juniper pointed out before chuckling. “If all, you’re older than all the older holders at the time they started out, but it means you’re more prepared, that is why I told you guys to wait till you were this age to go.”

“We understand professor,” Cheren bowed in respect before pocketing his Pokedex. “We won’t disappoint you,” he turned around and began walking, surprising Black and Bianca.

“Go, you guys have a journey to start,” the professor reassured before motioning them to leave. Black and Bianca nodded their heads before walking out of the lab and following Cheren.

Once they were out of the lab the three trainers began walking towards the route out of Nuvena, only for Black to suddenly come to a halt. “Wait, I gotta pick something up guys, I won’t take long,” he turned around and began running back home, taking closer look to inspect the orange trees and the falling leaves, a sign that autumn was just starting.

After making it back home Black ran up to his room; ignoring his mom completely as he ran inside and began to shuffle through the shelf next to his bed. Inside it was a black and orange color hat that had a pokeball in the middle. Black grabbed the hat and adjusted it to his head, the hat pushing the hairs covering his forehead back. Black looked down at the magazine under the hat which showed a picture of a trainer and his Pikachu. The trainer was wearing a crimson colored, sleeveless jacket with a black long sleeved sweater under it, he was wearing a hat similar to Black’s but red and he had a Pikachu on his shoulder.

Black took out his Pokedex before looking down at the magazine. “Now I’m a Pokedex Holder too, get ready because I’m going to become just as famous as you in no time,” he clenched his left fist in confidence before running back down.

“Stop young man!” Black came to a halt once more as he turned to look at his mom. She walked over to him, holding blue and white sports back around her shoulder before handing it to Black. “You begged me so much to buy you this and you forgot about it,”

“Oh right, I forgot, sorry,” Black laughed and ruffled the back of his head before grabbing the back and putting it around the left side of his neck. “Thanks mom.”

“Not yet,” his mom put her hands into her pockets before taking out a watch-like black object, it had blue designs around it though it seemed pretty high tech for something so small. “C-Gear, the new in communication right here in Unova, it took a long time to pay for it.” Black gasped as he grabbed the watch and put it around his left wrist.

“Thanks mom…” he smiled before hugging her. “I promise I’ll come back with the title,” he gave her a thumbs up with his left hand while adjusting his hat with his right.

“I know you will,” his mom nodded her head before patting him on the shoulder, signaling that he could get going now. Black walked towards the door, though he looked back at her once before leaving, then after a couple seconds he left the house and began running back to the spot he had left Bianca and Cheren on.

Once he made it back to the meeting spot he was shocked to find out that both Bianca and Cheren were gone. “They couldn’t just wait a while,” he groaned, though frankly he couldn’t blame them since he had taken longer than he thought. “Well, doesn’t matter, time to go,” Black looked back at Nuvena town one last time and then he walked into Route 1 for the first time in his life.

Black felt the strong autumn wind hit him as he looked at the tall grass sway and the far off Accumula Town at the end of the path. “It begins,” Black began walking through the path looking around for any wild Pokémon since he wanted to try Tepig out in a battle. He checked his bag quickly and was glad to see that his mom had packed him a couple of pokeballs as well as a Town Map, some Potions and Antidotes and a couple of Oran, Pecha and Sitrus Berries. “Well mom, I owe you a lot.”

He heard the tall grass rustle around him before moving back and reaching for Tepig’s pokeball. “Time to go to work, go!” Black threw the pokeball at the figure in the tall grass, however it jumped away from it just in time; Tepig managed to come out safely though. “Now, Ember attack!” Black threw his fist forward, giving Tepig its first command and allowing the pig Pokémon to fire a barrage of fire balls at the Pokémon.

Seeing that it couldn’t move anywhere the Pokémon jumped out of the tall grass, revealing itself to Black and Tepig. The Pokémon looked like a crossover between a rat and a squirrel; it had a pair of sharp buck teeth along with brown fur all over its body, a pair of red eyes and short ears. “Got it,” Black grinned before bringing out his Pokedex. He turned it on, sliding a second screen from under the first one as the Pokedex began saving data on the Pokémon. “Patrat huh, we’ll get that easily, go for a Tackle.”

Tepig nodded its head and began charging towards its opponent, its head forward as it jumped at Patrat. Patrat was ready for it this time though and used its own Tackle attack, its head colliding against Tepig and pushing it back. “All right, Ember again,” Tepig fired more fireballs from its mouth, causing Patrat to jump out of the way the best it could. “Now tackle it,” now that it was distracted Black took his chance and allowed Tepig to hit Patrat straight on the chest causing it to roll on the ground. “Now for the pokeball,” Black took out a pokeball from his bag before hearing strange squeaking noises.

“What’s that?” Black raised an eyebrow along with Tepig as the noises got closer. The two looked over at the trees and gasped when they saw about ten more Patrat running out and charging at them. “What?” Black looked back to the Pokedex. “This Pokémon emit sound waves with their tails to signal their comrades if there’s trouble….run like hell!” Black turned around and grabbed Tepig before he rocketed away from the spot, however the Patrat weren’t going to allow that and followed him. “Well this sucks, my first day as a trainer and I’m gonna be eaten by a fucking herd of Patrat, that’s just brilliant!”

“Pig!” Tepig yelled before jumping off Black’s arms and glaring at the oncoming Patrat, fire burning in its eyes.

“You wanna fight?” Black turned back to look at Tepig with a curious look, the Pokémon must’ve been nuts to want to fight so many opponents so suddenly. Tepig looked back at him and nodded with a smile, causing Black to smile on cue as he remembered what Professor Juniper said. “That’s right, I can’t give up, and that isn’t why I’m a Pokedex Holder.” He stood next to Tepig as the two waited for the herd to get closer. “Ready, go!” yelled as he and the fire type began charging forward ready for whatever they could throw at them.

End of Chapter 1
    Next Time: White’s Annoyance, Black’s Debt

So what did you think, I know the chapter was a bit slow in some points and that there really wasn't much going, but I just wanted to introduce the main concept before I could do anything else.

so, if you have the time and actually want to then please r/r
    Last edited by Flaze; 5th July 2011 at 09:02 AM.

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Default Re: BW: Journey Through Unova

Alright, I read it. It was an nice start, and I like how it's different to what I'm planning to write (since I'll be also writing a BW story). It's pretty much based of games, though I was surprised that Cheren wasn't annoyed by Bianca, in the games he's rather annoyed by her lateness. Also, everything went by so fast - the very start, picking the Pokémon and getting the Pokedex, as well as the farewell. Not sure what to think of that, it's rather faster paced.

I did dislike though that you named the main character Black, a much more unique name would have been more appropriate. And White? :|

You also misspelled Nuvema. That's all I can say for now.

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

I named him Black because I don't like the name Hildbert, I also don't like the name Hilda and I got the name Black from Pokemon Special.

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Well nothing's stopping you from using your own name. :|

Blog Entries

I liked it Flame. I agree with Tsutarja though about the names. White and Black don't go very far to help endear the characters to the readers. It's hard to relate to them.

Also, there are a few odd grammatical errors as well. Like at the beginning you say Unova is "the farthest regions in the Pokemon World..." But 'farthest' is a relative term and is technically incorrect to use unless you say what it is furthest from.

There is also a lot of "telling" in the beginning portion of the chapter, not enough "showing."

Overall all though I think it's a great start. It's clear that you have an idea on where you want this to go, and I'll be interested to see how you handle it!

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

The beginning portion is mainly because I suck at doing the whole introductory speech thing, but I figured it was necessary to explain where I was going with this.

◓Gypsy Vanner Horse Kyuuketsuki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It started out slow, but I'm glad that it picked up towards a faster pace. The characters are better than in the game, and I'm glad that the focus was not as much on Bianca and Cheren as it was on Black, but it could be because the games don't give them any character.

It's also interesting to see how you've used the Pokédex information for Pokémon, which I really like. The goal set by Black to become famous is also a nice addition. There were a few spelling and grammar mistakes scattered around, but it wasn't enough to make the story unbearable.

Keep it up.

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

Thanks Kyuuketsuki that means a lot.

Yeah, I decided to try and stick to the information from the Pokedex as close as possible since I noticed barely anyone does.

◓Gypsy Vanner Horse Kyuuketsuki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's really quite good to mix the Pokédex information with a Pokémon's personality, which I did a few times. But it can get out of hand if not used carefully.

I feel so much spring... Cabaret's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hm, It was a good start, better then how I've seen some journey fics. It certainly helps by not just having the character say "Bye Mom!" and then that's basically your introduction. Overall, if there is anything you need to work on specifically, it is the personality of the specific characters. Try to show off their personality. It'll help to distinguish Black from Cheren. And possibly even Belle Bianca

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

Thanks, yeah I guess I didn't exactly show off their individual personalities very well in this chapter, but as it goes on I think I might have a better chance to do that.

Blog Entries

Great start, I loved the lampshade hanging of Cheren wanting the superiorly typed starter. My only issue was casual swear when surrounded by the Patrats. It was unnecessary and badly placed in the statement, where was if he exclaimed it in shock, I wouldn't have minded much (aka:

"Oh fuck, my first day as a trainer and I’m gonna be eaten by a herd of Patrat. That’s just brilliant!”)

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

Second chapter and the introduction of the second main character, this is generally another introductory chapter so it's pretty unneventful but I hope you like it.

Chapter 2: White’s Annoyance and Black’s Debt

The sun was rising in the beautiful Accumula Town as people got out of their houses to go to work to run errands in other cities, generally, unlike Nuvena Town, Accumula was bigger and more mobilized but it was still pretty small. However, Accumula was famous for something; in that it was one of the three cities that were known all over Unova for sheltering the best actors in the world, and this is where a young girl will begin her adventure.

Inside Accumula Condominiums a girl rose from the bed with a yawn, her eyes looked dead tired as if she hadn’t sleep in days. She turned to look to the window, her long brown hair waving around with her as she got up from the bed. She had a pair of blue colored eyes and was wearing a pink night gown that covered most of her body, though some of the underwear that was under the gown. She got up from the bed and stretched. “Well, it’s finally morning,” she giggled before walking towards the closet nearby. Once she opened it, it revealed tons of different kinds of outfits for different seasons of the year, parties, work and all kinds of stuff.

“I’ll go with this,” she quickly grabbed a black jacket and a white shirt and proceeded to take off the gown, however she didn’t change her underwear as she began walking towards the bathroom. “Oh and this too,” she got back to the closet and grabbed a pair of thorn shorty shorts before going to the bathroom for real this time.

After about thirty minutes of being in the bathroom, the girl walked out fully dressed, and now her brown hair had been done to resemble a ponytail. “Morning guys,” she walked over to the kitchen and greeted the Pokémon that were cooking inside. There was a Minccino standing on a bunch of stacked books while flipping an omelet. Up above there was a bat-looking Pokémon carrying a juice carton with its teeth; it was full of fluff with two fangs coming out of its mouth along with a pig-like nose and a pair of black bat wings. “Looking good Chinchi, let me help you with that Batty,” the girl walked over to the Woobat and grabbed the juice carton before taking it to the dining room.

Minccino came out of the kitchen with a plate that had an omelet on it, the girl proceeded to grab the plate and put it on the table before going to look for her. “Wouldn’t hurt to have this ready, it’s a good thing I had my name sewn on it,” she looked down at the bag which had the name White on the front. “Now, I’ll get breakfast done and we can go, today’s a very important day after all.” She grabbed a fork and knife and began eating.

After she was done eating White walked out of her apartment, two pokeballs were strapped to a belt she had put on. Once she locked the door she walked over to the elevator and waited. One of the neighbors, a man, walked past her and towards the stairs before walking back a little. “The elevator is taking too long today, it’ll be faster if you go down the stairs,” he adviced.

“No, I don’t need the sweat I spent twenty minutes getting my make up done for that,” White shook her head without turning to look at the man as the elevator door opened up. “Looks like it isn’t so slow, but thanks for caring anyway,” she waved before smiling as the door closed. “Idiot,” she muttered, she really hated the more she had to work walking in itself was annoying enough, but she was still fifteen and couldn’t get a license to drive yet but once she did she wouldn’t even have to walk anymore. White turned around and looked at through the transparent glass that showed a view of Accumula. “Oh the beautiful city, how much I love you,” she spread out her arms as the elevator came to a stop.

After getting out of the apartment building White began walking through the busy streets of Accumula, though it was a town in itself, the city was still pretty crowded; but White didn’t mind that really. She looked at the note she had on her left hand showing the location for the movie audition she’ll be doing that same morning. “Starry Scope, it’s here,” she looked at the tall building in front of her, one of the tallest in Accumula Town and one of the most visited as well, considering all the young actors that want to be famous.

“Let’s go and get that role,” White cheered before walking into the building, she confident on the fact that she’ll get her way.

Meanwhile, outside of Accumula town Black was leaning on long and thin tree branch that he had ripped from one of the trees nearby, his Tepig was panting and walking next to him after the two had spend the whole of yesterday running from the herd of Patrat. “I can’t believe, we took so long to get away,” Black panted, his chin and face looking bruised.

“We had to go through trees, rivers and even other wild Pokémon, but our objective was achieved,” he chuckled and took out a pokeball from his belt before raising it up to the sun. “We managed to capture that damn Patrat in the end.” He laughed loudly in confidence, though the laughter seemed to go down by the minute. “But you know, we spent all that time and got so hurt….just to capture one Patrat.”

“Pig, te, te, pig!’ Tepig retorted, trying to stop Black from sulking at his own mistake. Black looked down at Tepig before smiling, though the two had spend a long time escaping, it made them a bit closer.

“Anyways, let’s just get down and get to a Pokémon Center, we’ll patch you up, get some supplies and then leave,” Black turned to look at Accumula Town and gasped in amazement, it was the first time he had gotten out of Nuvena and a town like Accumula was already too impressive for him. “Return,” he returned Tepig before letting go of the branch and beginning to walk down to the city.

After getting down from the hill Black began walking through Accumula, looking at all the stores and people that were already walking around like it was midday. “Wow, there sure are a lot of people in this place, Nuvena has a basically no people compared to all this,” he pointed out while keeping his left hand in his pocket and clenching on to his bag, his mother told him that there were a lot of thieves in the city and that he had to watch out. He looked down at his XTransceiver, it was the newest model for communicating and it was sure to attract a lot of people. “I gotta figure out how to use this,” he tap the watch lightly but it didn’t do anything.

After a few minutes of walking around Black found a two floored glass building with a red roof on top of it, various trainers were walking inside the building along with their Pokémon; this of course gave Black the answer that it was indeed the Pokémon Center. Black walked into the Pokémon Center and was instantly amazed at all the trainers and Pokémon being tended on. “Wow, it looks just like the magazines,” he walked over to the counter in the center of the hall where there was a nurse with brown colored hair and a nurse outfit sitting by the counter, apparently listing all the Pokémon that had been admitted. “Excuse me, I came to deliver my Tepig and Patrat for some healing.”

“Oh, sorry, I’ll be right on that,” she gave Black a tray with various pokeballs containers. “It’ll only take a couple of minutes,” she reassured and motioned Black to look around. Black went back to admiring the center as he looked at the two stairways that led to the mezzanine above the counter. He also noticed that there was a small Poke Mart to the left of the entrance with various clerks attending the line of trainers waiting to buy. Black decided to walk to the chairs set up around the Pokémon Center and sat one one of them before leaning back, finally glad he could get some peace for a while.

“Well, at least that’s done with,” After Black’s Pokémon had been healed he walked out of the center and headed over to the park of Accumula. “So, how about we try to talk to the little guy,” he took out Patrat’s pokeball, deciding it was time to get to know it. “Go, Patrat!” he yelled before throwing the pokeball out and letting it fire its usual blast of light.

Patrat came out and began sniffing the air and grass around before noticing Black, it glared at him before walking over. “Hey little guy, I’m your ne…ow!’ Black yelled after Patrat tackled him to the floor and bit his hand before running off. “Wait you little vermin, I knew we shouldn’t have easen up on it!” Black yelled before he and Tepig began following Patrat through the street.

Meanwhile inside the Starry Scope building white was waiting eagerly for her turn, Chinchi and Batty being next to her as she looked at the two wooden doors where people have been coming in and out. She saw them opening before seeing a girl coming out, she looking like she was about to burst to tears; this cause White to smirk, while she hadn’t gotten her big break she was used to acting and could do any role she was given along with her Pokémon. “White Clay, you’re next,” the lady by the counter spoke, allowing White to get up from her chair and walk into the room.

“So, White is it,” there were four man sitting next to each other along a white table that overlooked the city through the transparent glass. “We looked at your curriculum and it shows that you’ve got little experience in acting but that a lot of talent as all your previous play directors have told us,” he pointed out while taking out a sheet of paper with White’s picture on it. “You also seem to get along with your Pokémon pretty well on stage.”

“Yeah, my Chinchi and Batty have been with me since I was little,” White hugged both Pokémon tightly while smiling at the board. “As you know, I want to be in the new movie one of your many directors is planning, essentially because well, you guys are very famous for making some of the best movies ever seen,” she nodded her head while showing a look that said she really wanted the job; her previous experiences showing this helped a lot.

“Well, you do deserve a chance,” the man grabbed a script that was next to him and passed it on to White. “This is the script for a new commercial we’ve been planning out,” once White heard the word commercial her mood changed drastically, of course she didn’t let that show on her face though.

“Oh, but, I wanted a movie,” she chuckled, trying to shrug off the fact that she was bothered by the sudden change of plan.

“You don’t have as much experience as we thought Ms. Clay, which is why we think you should start off easy, this is a commercial we’re gonna do for the Silph Unova branch.” the man reassured before motioning to start. “Of course, that doesn’t mean you have a clear shot,” this made White frown lightly, she was feeling degraded by these corporate heads and the sole fact that her views had been demoted were too much.

“All right,” she cracked a smile before taking a look at the scrip and then looking over at her Pokémon. “Why oh why,” White knelt down on the floor before putting her hands over her head, Chinchi walking over to her and patting her on the back. “I just lost that cute earring I bought for you Chinchi, I think I left it with that girl we met this morning but I don’t have a way to contact her,” she replied to Chinchi with a defeated look on her face, she looking at the board through the corner of her eye.

Chinchi began jumping eagerly before running to White’s left hand and raising it, revealing the red XTransceiver that was around her left hand. “Chinchi, you’re right, with the XTransceiver I can talk to anyone that has another one of those, not just that but it’ll be a video call so I can make sure,” she smiled before hugging Chinchi who pointed at the watch. “Not just that, but if you connect it wirelessly to your C-Gear you can talk to people in other countries as well, it’s certainly a great device isn’t it,” she held out her left hand and clenched her fist, her face looking confident now. “Not just that but it comes in a variety of colors and you can pick the one that suits you the best, I like red what do you think Chinchi,” Chinchi smiled at her and nodded in response. “I couldn’t have phrase it better.”

With that White turned back to look at the board with a sly grin on her face, three out of the four weren’t able to contain their amazement at her acting, the man in the center was doing a better job though. “So how was it?” she asked while putting her hands on her waist.

“Stop that thing!” she heard yells coming from outside, but once she turned to look at the source of the noise the doors were slammed open and White was thrown to the ground by a Patrat that had run in. The men quickly got up from the chairs to get away from the Pokémon running amok. “You little,” White groaned her Woobat and Minccino standing behind her. “Chinchi use Helping Hand on Batty,”

Chinchi nodded its head before clapping multiple times, causing Batty to be covered by a green aura that began attaching to its body. Patrat scanned the two Pokémon before it charged to use a Bite attack. “Batty, use Confusion on it,” Batty screeched, surrounding Patrat with psychic wave before pushing it back and rolling around on the floor of the office. “Chinchi use Pound as payback for interrupting our audition.” Chinchi charged at Patrat, raising its tail as it began to fall down. However, this time Patrat was ready and caught Chinchi’s tail before throwing it against the wall hard. “Chinchi.”

Patrat jumped straight towards White at that moment, but it was hit by a blast of flames that made it jump back. The chipmunk Pokémon squeaked as it looked at Black and Tepig coming into the room. “There you are you little troublemaker,” Black grinned just as Tepig. Black looked around the room and noticed White and the four men of the board; who were know hiding under the desk. “Guess we’ve got an audience,” Tepig nodded its head before charging forward colliding against Patrat’s own Tackle attack and sending it crashing against the desk, making a small hole.

“What are you doing, you’re gonna damage the room,” White muttered, turning to look at the unknown trainer that had just come in. “And most of all my audition,” she replied with a frown.

“What are you talking about, that’s my Patrat,” Black replied with a raised eyebrow; he didn’t know who the girl was but one thing was sure and that was the fact that she wasn’t very pleased with his helping. “I gotta calm it down so that I can return it,” Black took out a pokeball and began running into the office.

“Wait it’s yours!” White exclaimed, her fury turning all the way to Black now that she knew he was the owner of the Pokémon that interrupted her.

Black ran along with Tepig who was doging Patrat’s consecutive Tackle attacks. “It doesn’t know any special attacks, I know what to do,” Black grinned and had Tepig stepped in front of Patrat’s incoming attack, causing it to be throwing into the air. “Now Ember!” Tepig pulled its head back before firing a barrage of fire bullets; this in turn caused White and the board to cover themselves and dodge the flames at the same time as Patrat. “Got you,” Patrat gasped as he saw Black right in front of it with a pokeball in hand. “Return!” he called out as a red beam shot out from his pokeball and hit Patrat, absorbing it back into its pokeball.

Black sighed before looking around the room, he cringed as the sight of the burned room, the desk was broken as well as most of the carpet and walls, the carpet was also burned and one of the embers broke a window when Tepig shot out. Not just that but one of the board members had his arm caught on fire while the other was trying to get rid of it. “No sweat huh guys,” he chuckled and gave them a thumb up.

“No sweat!” White yelled form behind him before turning him around and grabbing him by the neck. “You’re the one that’s gonna be sweating, look at what you did to my audition!” White yelled so hard one of the glass windows shattered and even Tepig had to find a way to cover its ears. Before she could keep up with her rant though; the woman by the counter came in with a worried look on her face. “What now,” White spoke with bitterness in her voice while still holding on to Black.

“One of the Pokémon that was kept in storage escaped while the Patrat was running around, and it’s now flying outside,” the woman responded before White looked up at Black and pushed him out.

“You’re a trainer, now go stop that Pokémon Mr. Bigshot!” White exclaimed, and frankly Black didn’t have any other option but to oblige since he didn’t want to get anymore of White’s fury on his side. With that he and Tepig began running out of the office and towards the ground floor. “He’s using the stairs,” White raised an eyebrow.

Black ran out of the building as fast as he could, and he managed to do it in time to see the flapping bird-like Pokémon flying around the square. It had various white feathers around his neck and its body was covered by mostly gray feathers. It had a short beak and a pair of wide black eyes along with a white and read feather on its forehead. “Hey, wait up!” White ran from behind him but Black wasn’t paying attention as he tried to think of a way to defeat the flying type.

“Let’s see what the Pokedex says about this,” Black grinned before taking out his Pokedex from his pocket and sliding it up. White looked on in awe at the strange machine that Black had pulled out, but when she saw Rufflet’s data appearing on it she seemed to gain some interest in it. “A Pokémon that becomes stronger by challenging strong opponents huh, let’s see how he takes us,” he looked down at Tepig and nodded his head. “Go and use Ember.”

Tepig stepped forward before firing a barrage of fire balls into the air, however Rufflet managed to dodge the fireballs that actually reached it. “You’re not too skilled so you don’t cover a lot of distance,” Black gritted his teeth as Rufflet flew down, however Tepig managed to move out of the way, only for Rufflet to begin throwing various peck attacks that collided against Tepig. “Fury Attack, wait use Ember.” Before Tepig could fire the attack Rufflet began flying into the air once more, managing to dodge the fire balls. “I gotta get it down,” Black looked back at White, Chinchi on top of her head. “Oh I know, you can use your Minccino’s Helping Hand ability to give Tepig more strength can’t you,” he smiled confidently while clenching his fist.

“Yeah but, what makes you think I’ll help you!” White grabbed Chinchi and kept it close to her in case Black wanted to grab it without her consent.

“Simple, you’ve got business in that building and unless we catch this guy you won’t be able to do what you want to,” Black explained before looking back at Tepig who was being hit by another Fury Attack from Rufflet. The Pokémon slid on the cement and panted, its body looking bruised up from all the attacks. “Come on missy,”

“Don’t call me missy and okay,” White put Chinchi down and breathed in before sighing. “Chinchi, Helping Hand on that Tepig,” Chinchi nodded its head and clapped three times, causing a similar green aura to materialize around Tepig, the Pokémon’s eyes becoming fiery once more as it looked up at Rufflet; who was coming down for yet another attack.

“Now Tepig, use Ember attack full force!” Black yelled, pointing at Rufflet who was about to start its assault once more. Tepig moved back before firing another barrage of fireballs; except this time the fireballs were larger and seemed to have more power into them, Rufflet was the one that confirmed it as it was hit by three of the fireballs and began falling down from the sky. “Now I got you, go pokeball!” Black took out a pokeball from his bag and threw it at Rufflet, hitting it straight in the chest and absorbing it inside before falling. Black stared the ball down as it began moving to the sides…once…twice…thrice and finally it pinged.

“You…caught it,” White stood agape while looking at the pokeball that was being picked up by Black.

“Of course,” Black grinned widly at her before pressing the button in the middle of the ball, this made it smaller and allowed Black to strap it to his belt. “I’m a Pokedex Holder after all,” he grinned and raised his hat a little before looking back at the building, where the members of the board were coming from. “Hey old dude, I managed to catch that Pokémon you were having trouble with.”

“The both of you,” the man pointed at both White and Black, his face looking like he was about to explode. “Out of my sight, immediately!” he yelled at the top of his lungs causing the other members of the board to back off.

“But why, I mean, he got the Pokémon?” White responded with a startled look, not understanding why the man was mad at her; she could understand Black but she didn’t have anything to do with it.

“That Pokémon was set for a commercial, it was in our storage room!” the man replied, though apparently he couldn’t keep his voice down anymore. “And you just caught it, as for you, you helped him.”

“I helped cal…”

“Out I said!” the man screamed once more before turning around and beginning to walk back to the building, from the looks of it he wasn’t in the mood for negotiating anymore.

“What’s his problem?” Black raised an eyebrow, however before he could get a response White grabbed him by the back of his head and began pulling him around the street. “Hey, stop that, it hurts!” Black exclaimed; since White was clenching hard on the back of his head.

“Damn right,” White glared at Black after she finally let him go. “You ruined my audition, I had a chance to get a contract for a famous commercial and if possible a movie, and your stupid Patrat and Rufflet ruined it!” White screamed hitting Black on the chest multiple times with her finger.

“I’m sorry missy, but I can’t do anything about it,” Black held his hands forward to try and get White to back off from hitting him any longer.

“Oh yeah there’s something you can do, you’ll stay here until you get me a spot with another company you hear,” White exclaimed grabbing Black by the ear this time to keep him from running off. “And don’t call me missy!”

“Oh right…at least tell me your name,” Black begged through the pain before chuckling a little. “My name’s Black and I’m from Nuvena.” He smiled the best he could to try and see if she’d let go.

“I’m White but you can call me Madam White,” White let him go, causing Black to fall since he was already trying to pull himself out from her hold. “Now come with me my idiotic friend.” She turned around and motioned Black to follow her. He didn’t have a place to stay, and he knew that White who lived in the city was probably able to find him if he tried to escape, so without thinking it any further Black followed while sighing.

“How did my journey turn to this,” he sulked before following White as he looked back down at the three pokeballs on his belt.

End of Chapter 2
    Next Time: Plasma Strikes

Black’s Status:

Number of Pokémon Seen: 7
    Number of Pokémon Caught: 3
    Pokémon on Hand: Tepig, Patrat, Rufflet

White’s Status

Number of Pokémon Seen: Unknown
    Number of Pokémon Caught: 2
    Pokémon on Hand: Chinchi (Minccino) Batty (Woobat)

BW Extra Notes:

This will be a section that’ll pop out continuously to explain stuff that are unimportant to the fic and people probably didn’t even see coming.

Since I’m just introducing this I’ll do stuff from both chapter 1 and 2

First, in the first chapter Cheren mentions that he got the starters because he’s cousin is Professor Juniper’s assistant, I don’t want to spoil who she is but she’ll appear later on and also appears in the games *I already spoiled too much so I’ll leave it at that*

The magazine inside Black’s drawer, the guy on the cover is actually a 20 year old Red who has become famous even outside Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh and is Black’s inspiration of sorts, Black’s hat is also a different colored copy of Red’s hat.

In chapter 2, White has an apartment that most people couldn’t afford, she still hasn’t made it big time in any films or commercials don’t get mad at this because it’s actually a plot point that I’m saving for later, the same goes for her Woobat.

Black catching a Patrat off screen, well, yeah I didn’t wanna do a chase scene that would take a lot of space, because let’s face it, with the anime we already have enough of that and I’m not that good with chase scenes.

Rufflet being kept as a Pokémon for commercials and still being caught by Black, Rufflet was kept in the building, but in a cage not in an actual pokeball and since he hadn’t been captured by a pokeball…well you get the idea.

I feel so much spring... Cabaret's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well I'm glad that it has a plot. Some journey fics have no idea where they're going sometimes...

Anyway, I like the character you have given to Black and White, and I'm talking about the characters, not the game (see how annoying that could become?) And the incorperation of the pokedex helps your fic tremendously. Are you following the manga? I don't read it so I wouldn't know, but I just wanted to know if you were.

Overall, adding everything up as far as wording and characters, your fic sits at a good rating in my books. Though it's too early to tell.

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

Yeah I do know the annoying part of the main characters having the fic's name, in truth the Black and White in the title of the fic is referencing the characters, get it Black and White journey through Unova it's the title and the plot at the same time. But I generally like to refer to it by BW.

Yeah, I borrowed some things from the manga, Black and White's name for example and some of their traits but I toned them down and up Black (down) White (up)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast