Bulbagarden! - Page 34

View Poll Results: Who is your favorite character?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jabber

1 8.33%
  • Dan

1 8.33%
  • Alison

1 8.33%
  • Tyler

1 8.33%
  • Aaron

1 8.33%
  • Feli

1 8.33%
  • Saturn

3 25.00%
  • Jake

0 0%
  • Dana

0 0%
  • Gery

0 0%
  • Jay

0 0%
  • Other

3 25.00%
Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast

Thread: Bulbagarden!

Beausoleil Jabberwocky's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Jabberwocky on Facebook
    Follow Jabberwocky on Tumblr

Default Re: Bulbagarden!: Season Three - Adventures In Isshu

Sorry the chapter's so late, and so short. Next one will be longer, promise.

Chapter 36: Ruins and Reunions

Jabber

The man was tall and ruggedly-built, although his form was mostly hidden by the heavy robes he wore. He leaned on a staff as he examined the ground below him.

“Hm,” he considered, “I believe I can grow corn here.”

“But sir,” one of the man's companions said, “that ground is forever cursed. The augurs have seen it!”

The man smiled warmly. “The augurs know much,” he said. “But they do not know everything.” He reached into a pouch on his belt and produced a fistfull of seeds. He dug a few holes in the ground, put a seed in each, and covered them up. He watered each covered seed, then muttered a few words I couldn't understand. Almost immediately, small saplings broke the dirt. The crowd gathered around the man let out a collective gasp.

“Impossible!” one man exclaimed.

The man gave a smile. “Nothing is impossible,” he said. “Nothing.”

“Truly,” said a woman in awe, “you are the greatest shaman in the land.”

“I do not like to brag,” laughed the man, “but yes. I suppose I am.”

“This is a miracle!” the woman cried. “Finally, Bulbasaur Garden will have enough crops to feed all its citizens!”

“Indeed,” said the man. “Your people will eat well this year.”

“All hail the Legacy!” the crowd cheered. “All hail the Legacy!”

I awoke with a start. I blinked a few times, then rubbed my eyes and licked my dry lips. This was the third night in a row I'd had this dream. Always the same scene, and always about the same man – the Legacy.

Bulbagarden's savior.

In the dim light of what was left of our campfire, I spotted a figure approaching our campsite. I couldn't see his face. Fearing the worst, I sat right up on my bedroll and cried out. “Hey, you there! Stop!”

Not very intimidating, I know, but cut me some slack; I was still half-asleep.

The shadowy person stopped in his tracks and turned to walk towards me. I reached for one of my Poke Balls in my backpack. As the figure entered the campfire's glow, his features became illuminated, until I could finally see his face – and it was a familiar one at that. Standing before me, grinning widely, was Aaron Ryuu.

“Aaron!” I yelped in surprise.

“That's me,” he said.

He offered his hand to help me get up, and I accepted it. “Feli said you were chasing us,” I said.

“Yeah,” he replied, looking a little embarrassed. “Sorry about missing the plane – my phone died without my permission, I swear!”

I shook my head. “No worries,” I assured him. I glanced at the others, all fast asleep. I grinned at Aaron. “Now, how about we reintroduce you to the gang?” I suggested.

Alison

“Jabber, it's like four in the morning,” I complained as Jabber shook me awake.

“Sorry, Ali,” he apologized. “But there's someone here you should see.”

“Who?” I asked.

“Me,” a male voice answered. I looked next to Jabber. Aaron was striding up next to him.

“Oh, my God!” I said in shock. “Aaron, is it really you?”

“In the flesh,” he answered with a nod.

“When did you get here?” I asked.

“Just a few minutes ago,” he responded. “We already got everyone else up to say hello.”

“Something that was totally uncalled for, incidentally!” Dan said angrily. “I was having an awesome dream too! There were all these-”

“Everyone except Feli, that is,” Jabber continued, ignoring Dan's ramblings.

“I want to keep our reunion special,” Aaron explained. “It'll wait until morning.”

“It is morning,” I pointed out. “Three in the morning, actually. I was off by an hour.”

“I want to wait until daylight,” Aaron insisted.

I rolled my eyes. “Whatever floats your boat, I guess,” I said. “Me? I'm getting back to sleep. Jabber, don't let anyone wake me until at least nine.”

“Yes, dear,” Jabber said.

“Whipped!” Dan called from afar.

Feli

I awoke, yawning and rubbing my eyes.

“Morning everyone,” I said groggily. “Is there coffee?”

“Dark, no sugar, just like you like it,” a familiar voice answered, handing me a cup.

“Thanks, Aaron,” I said, sipping my coffee. As the caffeine entered my system, I realized that something was different.

“Wait a second... Aaron?”

I whirled around. Standing there, beaming, his arms wide open, was Aaron.

I stood there, stunned for a few seconds. Then, I flung the cup to the ground and flew into Aaron's arms. It was more of a tackle than a hug, to be honest. I'm not sure how he managed to keep standing.

“You're buying me a new cup!” Saturn shouted crossly. “My boyfriend gave me that cup for Christmas!”

“Sorry, Professor,” I said quickly, then went back to hugging Aaron. “I missed you,” I whispered in his ear.

“I missed you more,” he responded.

“You really want to argue this now? You know I'll win.”

“You're on.”

“As much as I hate to break up this reunion,” Saturn grumbled, picking up the shards of his cup, “we're burning daylight. And seeing as how I've had no coffee this morning, I am in quite an unpleasant mood. If I were you, I wouldn't get on the grumpy scientist's bad side by dawdling in picking up camp.”

I grinned. “Yes, sir, Professor.” I let go of Aaron and headed back towards my bedroll. “Come on, Beret Boy,” I called to him. “We have a camp to pick up!”

“Oh, come on!” he complained loudly. “I should think you of all people would get it right by now! It's a flat cap! Flat cap!”

I suppressed a giggle. Aaron was finally back. Things were getting back to normal.

I finally had someone to talk to about the dreams...

Next Time: It's off to Icirrus City as the gang investigate reports of two Dragon-type Pokemon warring in the local Dragonspiral Tower. See what happens in Chapter 37: “Dragonspiral!”

Until Next Time, See Ya!

The Bulbagarden! Mailing List: @Keldora Dragon @Dento @Feliciano @Insanish Danish @Giustiza

Blog Entries
    Follow Soulmaster On Twitter
    Visit Soulmaster's Youtube Channel

I started reading this a few days ago and i'm hooked I just finished this last chapter and they're all great. good job Jabber. Also where's the movie?
    Last edited by Soulmaster; 10th January 2012 at 03:53 PM.

Credit for the Banner goes to Pyradox. Link to URPG stats
    Mafia Win/Lose Tally
    Black FC: 1506 9762 7606: White 2 FC: 2967-6420-8683: My Fanclub
    Winner of LOST mafia, My Little Pony: Friendship is Mafia 2, Bloons Tower Defense 5 Mafia, Fos Ro Mafia, Legendary Pokemon Mafia, War Room Mafia 5, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn Mafia, Pokemon Movie Mafia
    Writer's Workshop Moderator

Blog Entries

The movie was a joke I made for a blog. The plot actually got adapted into season two.

Blog Entries

well now I feel stupid I probably should have known that

Mafia Win/Lose Tally
    Winner of LOST mafia, My Little Pony: Friendship is Mafia 2, Bloons Tower Defense 5 Mafia, Fos Ro Mafia, Legendary Pokemon Mafia, War Room Mafia 5, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn Mafia, Pokemon Movie Mafia

Blog Entries

Chapter 37: Dragonspiral

Jabber

“To beat,” the man on stage said softly, “or not to beat? Aye, that is the question.” The man closed his eyes in contemplation. “Whether 'tis nobler to cook mine eggs sunny-side up, or to whisk them away into scrambled oblivion...”

“This is the worst play I've ever seen,” Dan hissed into my ear.

I shushed him. “It's almost over,” I assured him.

“Man, why'd we even have to come here anyway?” Dan complained.

“Uncle Saturn wanted to talk to Brycen, the show's star,” I explained. “He knows the legends behind the tower we hope to be climbing.”

“Still don't see why we have to attend this stupid-ass play,” Dan grumbled.

“It's almost over,” I repeated.

“To whisk!” the actor onstage cried. “Perchance to boil, be it hard or soft!”

“It's almost over,” I said again, this time to myself.

Later...

“Best behavior, all of you,” Uncle Saturn said, knocking on the door of Brycen's dressing room. “That goes double for you, Dan.”

“I haven't even done anything yet!”

“Quiet, or I'll tell your mother that you misbehaved.”

Dan closed his mouth immediately.

“That's better,” Saturn said with a smirk.

“Come in!” a voice cried from within the room. Saturn pushed the door open.

Brycen was tall and muscular, with long blue hair. When we came in, he was sitting on a mat, meditating. He opened one eye to watch us file in, then got up once we'd all entered the room.

“Professor Yoshi,” he said, greeting my uncle with a firm handshake. “It's good to see you again, my old friend.”

“Likewise, Mr. Quarto,” Uncle Saturn responded with a slight nod.

“And to what do I owe this admittedly unexpected pleasure?” Brycen asked. “I'd heard that you were in Isshu, but not your purpose, nor that you would venture as far north as Icirrus. What does our humble town have to offer you, besides our chocolate and fine theater? Speaking of which, I trust you enjoyed my performance of Bill Wigglesword's Omlette.

“Define 'fine,'” Dan grumbled. I elbowed him.

“We've heard tales of Dragonspiral Tower,” Saturn explained. “They say that legendary Dragon-type Pokemon dwell in its halls.”

Brycen tensed. “Those are old legends,” he noted. “Such old legends, in fact, that I know precious little about them. I will help you as much as I can, but I cannot guarantee that I know all that you wish to know.”

“Anything you can tell us will be of great use to us,” Saturn assured him.

“Well, have a seat, all of you,” Brycen said, gesturing to the chairs and couches scattered throughout the room.

We sat, and Brycen began his story.

“There once lived, in these lands, three brothers of wide renown. They were tamers of Pokemon, and each had managed to recruit a member of a fabled Dragon trio as their familiar. The eldest brother partnered with Reshriam, the embodiment of truth, and it was truth that he sought in the world. He often traveled the land, exposing cheats, liars, and corrupt rulers with the aid of Reshiram.

“The middle brother gained for a companion Zekrom, the Dragon of ideals. This brother was, fittingly, an idealistic man. Like his older sibling, he took many trips across the face of Isshu, but his journeys were spiritual ones, to help shape his own ideals, and to share them with others. He believed that, ultimately, there was good in every person.

“The youngest of the three brothers found for himself Kyurem, the Dragon of balance, a peacemaker and bridge between truth and ideals. The youngest brother, too, often found himself in the position of mediator between his older brothers, who often quarreled and ridiculed each other's worldviews. Despite the tension between them, though, the brothers loved and cared for each other very deeply.

“One day, a being of pure malice conspired to play a vile prank on the three brothers. 'There is no love stronger in this world,' the being mused, 'than the love shared between siblings. It is a love that creates bonds stronger than almost anything else in the world. What a challenge, then, it will be to break those bonds!' Giggling wickedly, the being went to work on its mischief.”

“I'm sorry, question,” Alison interrupted. “You keep referring to this thing as simply a 'being.' Did it have a name?”

Brycen nodded solemnly. “Yes,” he said quietly. “It did have a name. However, it is a name so evil, so impossibly repugnant, that most who record the lore of the Isshuian nation dare not transcribe it. But for the sake of those not familiar with our oral tradition, I will speak it – though I may need to thoroughly clean my mouth later. The name of the being that serves as our tale's villain is Vini.”

I shuddered involuntarily, and Brycen nodded. “This one here understands the feeling that Vini's name still elicits in the hearts of Isshuians who have studied their heritage. For Vini was nothing less than evil and sorrow incarnate. He existed – and some say still exists – only to bring despair and fear to the people of Isshu.

“Vini wormed his way into the hearts of the eldest brothers – the heart of the youngest, for some reason, rejected him – and made them feel nothing other than pure, raw hatred for each other. True to his word, Vini managed to utterly shatter the bonds of love between the two brothers, and they began to war on a devastating scale. The people cried out in sorrow as the brothers' battles ravaged the land. The mountains, it is said, sook and wailed in their grief.

“The youngest brother wept to see his siblings in such a state, and attempted to reconcile them, as he had done so many times before. Alas, it was for naught. The two oldest only increased the intensity of their scuffles, and the youngest sadly resigned himself to the fact that his beloved siblings had lost their minds, and were now unreachable.

“He fashioned the grand Dragonspiral Tower himself through some means, and somehow sealed his brothers in the tower's highest floor, to battle on until they both, equally matched as they were, slew each other in a final confrontation. The youngest brother fell into a deep depression, having sanctioned the deaths of the two people that mattered the most to him in the world. He parted ways with his faithful partner Kyurem, and lived the rest of his days alone and melancholic. As for the older brothers, their fate is ambiguous. Some versions of the tale have the two physically merging with their familiars in a massive, final battle. Others tell of the brothers coming to their senses at the last second, reconciling and becoming closer as brothers than ever before.

“As for myself, I'm not sure what happened to the brothers – if, indeed, they ever existed. No one has ever ascended Dragonspiral Tower, due to the ancient traditions of my people. The Caretaker of the Tower reserves the authority to regulate access to the tower, and no Caretaker has ever allowed a party to enter.”

“Who is the current Caretaker?” Burgh asked. “Who do we go to for permission to ascend Dragonspiral Tower?”

Brycen held his arms open wide. “You are looking at him,” he said. “I, Brycen Quarto III, am the current Caretaker of Dragonspiral Tower. It is I who decides who may enter my people's most holy site.”

“That saves us some time, I suppose,” Saturn said with a small smile. “Will you admit us into the tower?”

Brycen's jaw tightened slightly. He thought for a while, then spoke. “I have known you for many years, Professor,” he said. “I believe I can trust you to respect the importance the tower holds to my people. Further, I believe that the story of the tower holds some resonance with certain members of your group of travelers, for a reason that is, admittedly, unfathomable to me. It is unprecedented in the history of my culture, but I will allow you and your group entrance to Dragonspiral Tower if you wish to ascend it.”

Saturn bowed deeply. “Thank you very much, my old friend,” he said gratefully. “With any luck, our journey will prove fruitful.” He motioned for us to leave Brycen's room, and we began to file out.

“A word of caution,” Brycen called as we left. “I have given you permission to enter the tower, but it is a privilege that you should consider carefully before exercising. Some memories are best left alone.”

Tyler

“We've made it,” Saturn said, as we rounded the last set of stairs and emerged in Dragonspiral Tower's highest room.

“Finally,” Dan complained. “My legs are fuckin' killing me. How many stairs does a place need?”

“Two thousand, nine hundred, eighty-two,” groaned Feli. “I counted.”

Saturn looked around. “Unfortunately, it seems that all we got from this little trek is a good workout,” he said. “Nothing resembling a legendary Dragon-type Pokemon appears to be here.”

“What?!” Aaron cried. “You mean we did all that climbing for nothing?”

“Not for nothing,” said Jabber, holding up a smooth black stone. “Look what I found. It looks like some kind of ancient relic.”

Burgh examined it. “Hm,” he said. “Probably not something of historical significance, but I'll bet Lenora Wanze down in Nacrene would pay a reasonable sum for it. She runs the Nacrene City Museum of Natural History.”

“Hey, I found one, too,” I said, reaching down and picking up a stone that looked like the one Jabber held, except that mine was white instead of black.

As my fingers closed around the stone, a sudden feeling, like lightning flashing through my brain, overwhelmed me. I felt a burning need to find the truth behind things, and expose and punish those who would subvert the truth.

The feeling passed, though, and I pocketed the stone. The memory of it lingered as we started making our way back down the tower, and I began to wonder if maybe the legend of the three brothers was really a legend, after all.

Next Time: An old enemy returns to exact revenge on our heroes! This time, though, he has a secret weapon that may be more than the gang can handle! Find out what happens in Chapter 38: “Hail To The Prince.”

Until Next Time, See Ya!

The Bulbagarden! Mailing List: @Feliciano @Guistiza @Insanish Danish @Dento @Keldora Dragon

Blog Entries

Can I be added to the mailing list?
    lol at the Sharkespeare omelet scene.:) That was well done.

Made by Blue Dragon!

Blog Entries

Another great chapter the Shakespeare reference was great "To cook or mot to cook that is the question." and like normal Dan is one of the funniest characters.

Mafia Win/Lose Tally

Blog Entries

Chapter 38: Hail To The Prince

The man's eyes were baggy. He needed sleep, he knew that, but he could last a few more hours. Perhaps they would arrive by then. Those who had aided in his deposition in Bulbagarden... they would soon arrive on his shores, and at long last he would have his revenge.

He stared out at the rolling waves of the sea beyond. Had it really been less than a year? It seemed like much longer. A lifetime, even. How ironic that now, after months of waiting patiently for them to arrive – and he knew they must; their fates were too intertwined now for a second confrontation to never occur – he would, in these last few weeks, finally become impatient.

The man fidgeted. He could hardly stand the wait now. It was agonizing, as taxing on his sanity as these long months of isolation had been. He was used to being surrounded by others. This newfound loneliness was alien to him. He had survived, though, as he always did. By himself, with just himself for company. Well, that was not entirely accurate. Himself, and the Pokemon.

His mouth curled into a small smile. Yes, he couldn't forget about the Pokemon. It was a great stroke of luck that he had found the Pokemon, curled in a test tube. Abandoned. He had spent the months between his arrival here and the present taming the Pokemon, bending it to his will and conditioning it to obey only him. It was to be his secret weapon when the company arrived here. With the aid of the Pokemon, his victory would be assured.

He found his eyes fluttering shut of their own accord. With a stifled yawn he turned and proceeded back to the laboratory. It would serve him well to get some rest, he supposed. By the time his enemies arrived, he would be wide awake and ready to exact his vengeance.

The man could not help but chuckle slightly. He had fantasized for months about this, and now, at last, the moment of his retribution was almost at hand. Yes, indeed, this day would belong to him: Jabber Dodgson Wocki.

The Pokemon Prince.

Jabber

“So, why are we on this island?” Tyler asked. “Not that I'm complainin' – I needed some time to soak up some rays. Right, Smuggers?”

Smugleaf responded by flicking some sand with its tail.

“Smugleaf agrees,” Tyler concluded.

“Speak for yourself, Ty,” Dan grumbled. “Somehow, I've already managed to get about four tons of sand in my socks. My socks! How does that even happen?”

“Maybe if you dragged your feet less when you walked, that wouldn't be a problem,” Alison suggested.

“In answer to Tyler's question,” Saturn said, interrupting Dan and Ali's argument, “we're here because I've heard rumors of a mysterious Pokemon living on this island. The locals have heard strange roars emanating from this island late at night. We're going to find out if there's any truth to these stories.”

“Well, that'd be a good place to start,” Dan noted, pointing to an old, decrepit building some ways away from the shore.

“Hmm, you may be right,” Saturn agreed. “We should head toward that building. Stay alert – we don't know what to expect on this island.

We all nodded and followed Saturn down the path that led to the building.

No sooner had we arrived at the building than its doors swung open, and out strode a figure I'd hoped never see again. This hope was constantly dashed by the existence of mirrors, but this time, the one that stood before me was the real deal. I stared into the face of myself from another universe.

The face of the Pokemon Prince.

He had changed somewhat since last I'd seen him. His hair had grown long and dirty, and his teeth, displayed in a wide smile, were yellowed and cracking. He was haggard, to be sure, but his confident swagger, the malicious glint in his eyes, those hadn't disappeared.

“My friends,” he wheezed. “It's so good to see you again.”

Feli

It was all I could do to keep from screaming.

This was the man who still haunted my nightmares. The man who made my life – my town – a living hell for one year. Honestly, I'm a little proud of myself that I didn't turn tail right there and then.

Aaron took my hand, as if he could sense my fear.

“You should be dead,” Aaron said to the Prince, though I could hear his voice shaking.

The Prince spread his arms. “And yet here I am. A miracle of God, that I continue to live.”

“Maybe I should have a chat with God about his criteria for 'miracle,'” I heard Dan whisper.

“So, you're going to start your plans back up again, is that right?” Tyler growled.

The Prince shook his head sadly. “No, I'm afraid that you people and your friend Serebii foiled my plans quite thoroughly.”

Tyler was taken aback? “Wait, what? The Prince I knew would never-”

“You don't know me!” the Prince snapped. “You know little about my motives, and nothing about me or my past! You demonize me like some old filmreel villain! How dare you! What gives you the right!”

The Prince panted, and then stood glaring at us for a few seconds before speaking again.

“Would you like to know about me? I will tell you. After I have told my tale – and only then – will you be informed enough to make a true judgement on me and my actions.”

He began his story.

Dan had been the first to die.

Jabber had watched, horrified, from afar as his best friend burned to death, screaming and shouting the whole time. It had been all Jabber could do to keep himself from retching then and there. Dan was the first, but not the last, of the many victims Team Obsidian had claimed in their invasion of Bulbagarden.

It had begun on a sunny Sunday afternoon. Jabber and his friends had reunited after graduating from the University of Kanto Viridian ten years previously. What was meant to be a happy occasion, however, turned sour unbelievably quickly.

Maxivenu and his drones marched into town, resisted but unopposed, and, after slaying Archaic, became the ruler of the town. Jabber and Feli had saved as many citizens as they could before retreating into the shadows. Together, they restored the Bulbagarden Resistance that had opposed Water Pokemon Master 16 years before. Jabber, Feli, Anabelle, Dan, Tyler, and Aaron had formed the leadership of the Resistance, launching sorties and guerrilla assaults against the forces of Team Obsidian.

It hadn't taken long for everything to deteriorate. Obsidian was more organized and dangerous than the small group of revolutionaries could hope to be. One by one, the leaders of the Resistance were captured and, beginning with Dan, killed. Feli soon followed, then Aaron, Tyler... Anabelle. In the end, only Jabber had been left alive, struggling to survive in a subjugated town. No, not just the town. By now, Obsidian had spread throughout the Kanto region. Perhaps, even, throughout the world.

It seemed that, at last, Obsidian had caught up to him when Jabber stumbled into a cave. He vaguely remembered it as the cave he and his friends had discovered over a decade ago. Thinking only of escape, Jabber proceeded as far as possible into the cave's depths. Finally, he found himself in the chamber of the Legacy, filled with paintings and pictographs of Bulbagarden's legendary hero.

Realizing that he had reached a dead end, with nowhere else to go, Jabber collapsed in despair. Just as he accepted his fate, however, a voice that carried incredible force began to speak to him.

“Do not lose hope, Jabber Wocki,” the voice said to him. “You have been marked for a great destiny, the destiny of this universe's champion. The time has come, Jabber Wocki, for your anointing. Rise! Receive the power of the Legacy!”

Somehow, Jabber found the strength to stand, though he still did not fully understand what was happening. The pictures of the Legacy began to glow brightly, nearly blinding Jabber. His skin burned as a white-hot power flowed into him. Suddenly, Jabber found himself on all fours on the ground, steam rising from his skin. He was panting heavily and barely noticed that the voice was not finished speaking.

“It is done,” the voice said. “Now and forever, Jabber Wocki, you will be known as one of this universe's Legacies. Now go, Legacy, and face our eternal foe.”

Instantly, Jabber knew that the voice referred to Maxivenu. With renewed strength, Jabber strode out of the cave with a confident swagger, coming face to face with Team Obsidian, who sat outside of the cave, waiting in ambush.

“This is the end, Wocki,” Maxivenu growled. “You are all out of options.”

“I'm afraid you're wrong on that point, bastard,” Jabber spat. Maxivenu laughed.

“What a pathetic final statement. Team Obsidian. Kill.”

The Team Obsidian goons rushed Jabber, but with just a wave of his hand, Jabber made them dissolve into nothingness.

Maxivenu was shocked. “How...?”

“Behold, Maxivenu,” Jabber said solemnly. “The judgement of the Legacy is upon you.”

Maxivenu stumbled back. “No!” he cried. “No! Not you! Not here! Not now!”

“I am afraid so, villain,” Jabber growled. “Did you think your actions would pass without consequence? No, Maxivenu, your wickedness ends here.”

Maxivenu fell down on his back. Tears streamed from his eyes. “Please!” he begged. “No!”

Jabber hovered over Maxivenu and extended his hand towards the Team Obsidian leader. “Judgement will commence,” he said.

Suddenly, Maxivenu grabbed Jabber's arm and gave an evil grin. “I win,” he hissed. All at once, an intense pain washed over Jabber, making him cry out. He felt a lump grow in his heart. He wrenched his arm out of Maxivenu's grip, and with a wave of his hand, the bane of Bulbagarden was no more.

Panting, Jabber looked around him. The town lay in ruins, many of its citizens killed. They would need a ruler – a leader, he meant. The whole of Kanto did after the Team Obsidian debacle.

He would be that ru- leader.

He soon established himself as leader of Bulbagarden, and then of Kanto. Soon, he ruled –
    led – the whole of the world. Yes, some of his laws and regulations were somewhat... draconian, but such was needed to restore order to a world that had been until recently mired in chaos. Things were finally looking up when one of Jabber's most trusted scientific officers came to him with troubling news.

“How long did you say we have?” Jabber asked quietly after the officer completed his report.

“Two and a half decades,” the officer said, “at the most. The progression of the heat death has occurred at a rate we never thought possible.”

“What are our options?” Jabber asked.

“We've developed a system of universal transfer,” the officer explained. “It uses an incredible amount of energy, but it can shunt a person into a specified universe. We also have the blueprints for a machine that will allow transfer of people to enter one universe from another.”

Jabber understood. “So we send someone to a healthier universe and from there build the second machine, allowing our people to enter.”

The official nodded. “Precisely. We've already located a younger universe than ours that will serve as the point of our crossing.”

Jabber stood up. “I'll go,” he said.

The officier was surprised at this. “S-sir, are you-”

“I'm very sure,” Jabber confirmed. “I will cross into that world and take it for us. I - my people – shall not be denied!

“When will your device be ready?”

“Within the week, sir,” the officer said.

“Then I will prepare myself,” Jabber said. “The fate of my empire rests on my shoulders. I shall not let this world down!”

“Do you see?” the Prince pleaded. “All I ever did, I did to save my world. Joe Serebii was wrong. I am noble! I am justified!”

“No,” Saturn said sharply. “You are not. Taking something of someone else's – a universe, especially – is never noble. You've deluded yourself, Prince. Somewhere along the line, you lost Jabber Wocki's good heart, and that ruined you forever.”

The Prince sighed and shook his head. “It is evident that we will never agree. I'm afraid that I will have to use more severe methods than I had hoped.”

He snapped his fingers, and the doors of the building burst open, and a huge, violet, armored insect scuttled out. It wore a cannon on its back, and its eyes glinted with malice.

“SKREEEEEEEE!” it shrieked.

“Ladies and gentlemen,” the Prince said with a smirk, “allow me to introduce you to Genesect.”

Next Time: The Pokemon Prince's final stand! It's Jabber vs. Jabber as the Prince's secret weapon reveals itself! See what happens in Chapter 39: “Genesect!”

Until Next Time, See Ya!

ELESA ST. CROIX-ENTEMO PROFILE

Hometown: Castelia City, Kumadori County, Isshu

Occupation(s): Co-CEO, St. Croix Fashions; Gym Leader (Nimbasa Gym)

Blood Type: B Positive

Pokemon: Emolga (Desmond); Eelektrik (Ducky); Zebstrika (Chris)

The St. Croix family has roots dating back to the old Royal Family of Isshu. From King Bartholomew III (whose mother was one of King Christian's mistresses) to King Malcom II, the final King of Isshu, every royal had St. Croix blood in them. In modern times, the St. Croix family is best-known for St. Croix Fashions, one of the most popular fashion houses in the world.

Elesa St. Croix was born in 1976 in Castelia City, the heir to the St. Croix business and fortune. She was interested in fashion design, but not nearly as much as she was in Pokemon. She was particularly fond of Electric-type Pokemon, and her clothing designs often reflect her love for the type, with lightning bolt-patterns and jagged cuts.

Deciding that she wanted to see the Isshu region for herself, Elesa entered the Isshuian Pokemon League Circuit, and in the 1996 Tournament, met her eventual husband, Burgh Entemo, who she married in 2000.

In 2006, Elesa became the ninth woman in history to attain the rank of Gym Leader in Isshu. Since her husband ran the Gym in Castelia City, she established her Gym in nearby Nimbasa City's theme park. She divides her time between Castelia and Nimbasa. Since 2001, she has shared the position of CEO of St. Croix Fashions with Burgh.

Elesa enjoyed a brief stint as a model in her 20s, but soon decided she preferred designing outfits to showing them off.

The Bulbagarden! Mailing List: @Feliciano @Giustiza @Dento @Insanish Danish @Keldora Dragon @Thundagere
    Last edited by Jabberwocky; 29th February 2012 at 12:00 AM.

Blog Entries

Chapter 39: Utopia

Feli

It was supposed to have been a routine mission.

The Prince often sent out convoys to shuttle supplies between Bulbagarden and the outside world to further his plans, whatever they were.

The mission was simple: disrupt the convoy and seize any supplies we could. Hit-and-run stuff.

No one expected the Prince himself to be there.

As soon as I saw him amongst his faceless minions, I gave the order to retreat. Netto, Nelson, William, and I stayed behind to cover the others' retreat.

And that's how I found myself facing the Pokemon Prince with a revolver pointed at his face, and a magnum pointed at mine.

“So at last, I meet the leader of this paltry resistance,” the Prince sneered. “Feliciano Gwynn. I might have known. You always were too stubborn and free-spirited for your own good, Feli.”

I was a little taken aback. “How... how do you know who I am?” I asked.

The Prince smirked. “Let's just say I have my methods,” he said. He aimed his gun at mine and shot. The revolver flew from my hand and clattered somewhere on the ground. The Prince holstered his magnum.

“I'm letting you go, Feli,” the Prince explained, “as a favor to a friend. Do not think that you can win this war. My power is too great. If ever we meet again, I shall not show mercy as I have today.”

That was then. This was now.

“SKREEEE!” the giant insect screamed.

“What the hell is that thing?” Tyler exclaimed.

“Whatever it is,” Dan gulped, “I hope it's a pacifist.”

“Hold on! I recognize it!” Burgh said in a tone of surprise. “That's a Genesect! They were apex predators in Isshu millions of years ago! But they went extinct long ago! What's one doing here?”

“This Gensect was revived through scientific means,” the Prince explained. “It's been conditioned to be the ultimate engine of destruction! Now, Gensect! Kill my enemies!”

“SKREEEEEE!” The cannon on Gensect's back began to charge energy. Saturn realized what was going on: “Scatter!” he ordered.

We scattered, and Gensect's cannon fired, blasting a hole at the spot where, just seconds ago, I had stood.

“Poke Balls at the ready!” I heard Cynthia shout. I unclipped one of my Poke Balls from my belt, ready for battle.

I was going back to war.

Jabber

Everyone readied their Poke Balls, readying themselves for battle against Gensect.

Me? I had other plans.

A rage had been building up inside me from the moment the Prince reared his head again. I had never been able to make him pay for what he had done before – it had been Joe who ultimately defeated him – but now? Now, I could pay him back for the suffering he caused the people of Bulbagarden. I could pay him back – with interest.

With a bestial roar, I threw myself at the Prince, knocking him to the ground. I caught him by surprise, and he didn't fight back at first as I punched him in the face, as hard as I could. I heard a crack as his nose broke, and when I pulled my fist back, there was blood on it – and on the Prince's face.

The Prince regained his composure and and pushed me off of him. As I struggled to get to my feet, he tackled me. I let out a groan of pain as my head slammed to the ground. My vision was spotty, but I could make out the figure of the Prince towering over me.

“Weak,” he sneered, kicking me in the ribs. “God, how could I have ever been so weak? No... I doubt that I was ever this pathetic on my world. I've lost so much more than you ever will. It's toughened me, made me strong. What have you lost?”

“For me,” I choked, “it's not what I've lost... it's what... what I have.”

The Prince snorted. “Sentimental nonsense. You know nothing of true strength. Perhaps I will keep you alive while your friends die. Then you will learn where true strength comes from.”

“Sorry, pal...” I said, struggling to my feet. “Gonna have to take... take a rain check.” I swung at him, but he dodged, and I went stumbling past him.

“Such a novice,” the Prince cackled. He tried to kick me in the back, but I was ready for him. I spun around, grabbed his leg, and, using all of my strength, flung him over my shoulder. The Prince let out a growl as he landed, and I smiled.

“Looks like you aren't so strong after all,” I taunted. “Surely the great Pokemon Prince could have seen that obvious fake-out.”

“Your insolence is astounding!” the Prince hissed. He leapt at me, his arms outstretched as if he intended to strangle me. I grabbed his hands and kneed him in the chest. Behind me I could hear the sounds of the others engrossed in their battle with Gensect.

I looked down on the Prince, and saw him coughing up his own blood. He looked at me, hatred in his eyes.

“It's over, Prince,” I said. “You're done.”

“Of course... <hack> I am...” he wheezed. But at least I'll be able to get rid of some of you... before I... <hack> before I die...”

“You aren't going to die here,” I told him. “We're going to get you to a hospital to treat your wounds. Then, you're going back to Kanto to stand trial for your crimes.”

The Prince shook his head slowly. “No...” he gasped. “No... one of us will die here, today. It is... fated. Can't you... can't you... feel it?”

I could. There was a sensation deep in my heart, like someone was talking to me with a voice that was familiar. It whispered at me to “end this, here and now.” And despite myself, I found myself buying into it.

I released the Prince, and he collapsed to the ground, defeated. I glanced over at Aaron, who was strafing Gensect with Victor, issuing commands. His sword was sheathed on his belt. I walked over to him and pulled the rapier out.

“Hey!” he said. “Jabber, what are you doing?”

“Ending this,” I said quietly.

His eyes widened. “Jabber, you can't mean...”

I nodded solemnly and walked back towards the Prince, ignoring Aaron's protestations behind me.

The Prince looked up at me, his face emotionless. “All I ever wanted...” he murmured. “All I ever wanted was to create a utopia. Was that... so wrong?”

“Having a dream is never wrong,” I replied. “Making others suffer needlessly to achieve that dream always is.”

The Prince hung his head and spread his arms.

“Do it,” he whispered.

And I ran him through. As he died, impaled on the sword, he smiled and shed tears of joy. “At last,” he cried, “release.”

I pulled the sword from his breast and fell to my knees. Had I really done that just now? Killed a man?

Killed... myself?

Tyler

“This thing isn't faltering!” Feli said with alarm. “What are we going to do?”

“Hold on,” said Burgh. “Let me try something.” He recalled his Crustle and walked directly in front of Genesect.

“Burgh, what the hell are you doing?!” shouted Saturn. “Fall back!”

“No,” Burgh said quietly. “I can do this.”

Burgh reached out a hand and placed it on Genesect's snout. “It's alright,” he said in a calming voice. “We don't want to hurt you. And we won't let that man hurt you any more. We'll let you roam free on this island. Last of your kind, eking out an existence. What do you say?”

Genesect backed away, clicking its teeth. “SKREEE!” it shrieked one last time, then it bounded away.

“That was amazing,” Cynthia breathed. “What did you do?”

Burgh smiled. “I got skills, man.”

Jabber limped over to our group, clutching his side. He returned Aaron's rapier, then fell to the ground.

“Jabber!” Alison yelled in alarm, and rushed to Jabber's side. “Are you okay?” she asked him.

“I'll be... fine,” he answered, grimacing in pain. “Just get... get me to a hospital. Think... think some of my ribs are broken.”

“Where's the Prince?” I asked.

Jabber looked at me sadly. “The Prince... isn't gonna be leaving this island. Ever.”

We all knew what he meant.

Next Time: Farewell, Isshu! Hello, Johto! The gang ventures to the Whirl Islands to find an ancient legendary Pokemon! But who is this Eusine person? Find out in Chapter 40: “Whirl Islands!”

Until Next Time, See Ya!

CLAY DIABLO PROFILE

Hometown: Driftveil City, Kalifa County, Isshu

Occupation(s): CEO, Twist Mountain Mining Company; Gym Leader (Driftveil Gym)

Pokemon: Palpitoad (Marx); Excadrill (Rufus); Krookodile (Pat); Marowak (Olivia)

Clay Diablo is a fan of Western films and radio programs, and as such often dresses himself in garb reminiscent of a cowboy. Even when he isn't, he insists on having a bolo tie on at all times, due to his assertion that bolo ties are, as he puts it, "cool."

However, despite Clay's playful attitude, he can become stone-faced and dead serious when the situation demands. He dragged himself out of poverty to become kingpin of a hugely-successful mining operation, and he will not tolerate any mistakes that could land him back on the streets of Driftveil.

32 years ago, Clay established himself as a big-name rookie Trainer by winning the 1982 Isshu League Tournament. He opted to simply take his prize money rather than face the Elite Four. With this money, he started up the Driftveil City Mining Company, and in the process, elevated himself from low-class to high-class overnight.

Clay likes to think of himself as a perfect example of the rewards of determination and hard work, and is disappointed in his younger brother Charles, who joined the Black Empoleon biker gang to escape poverty. Clay refuses to offer his brother any aid, preferring to encourage Charles to raise himself up, as Clay did. This has caused a great deal of resentment on Charles' part.

Clay's Pokemon Gym, which opened in 1998, is located underneath the DCMC main office building, in the cave where Clay's original dig site was located. The cave still churns out an impressive amount of valuable jewels weekly, and remains a large provider of profit for the DCMC.

The Bulbagarden! Mailing List: @Feliciano @Insanish Danish @Keldora Dragon @Giustiza @Dento @Thundagere

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

And so, the eternal question of "Why don't ya just shoot the bastard?" has been answered. But Jabber running someone through with a rapier in cold blood? Didn't see that coming.
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Feliciano View Post
    And so, the eternal question of "Why don't ya just shoot the bastard?" has been answered. But Jabber running someone through with a rapier in cold blood? Didn't see that coming.
    I debated with myself endlessly over how to off the Prince, since obviously he's a loose end that needed to be dealt with. What you see here is, of course, what I ended up with, but I had to alter my plans for the story later down the line a bit in order to justify Jabber's actions.

Blog Entries

Chapter 40: Whirl Islands

“Here's the smell of the blood still. All the perfumes of Arabia will not sweeten this little hand. Oh, oh, oh!”
    -William Shakespere

Alison

The S.S. Aqua was, supposedly, the fastest ship in the Off-White Celestial Body Line's service. I guess it was pretty fast, but my mind wasn't exactly focused on that. Personally, I was more concerned about Jabber. He hadn't spoken a word since he'd left the hospital. He hadn't even said goodbye to Burgh as we pulled away from Numeva Port. He had barely eaten, and according to Dan, he slept fitfully.

I walked up the stairs north of the cabin that Feli and I shared, and emerged on deck. I spotted Jabber staring off into the distance, clutching the railing tightly, as if he was afraid to let go. I walked over to him and put a hand on his shoulder.

“Hey, Jabber,” I said. “How are you doing, hon?”

“Fine,” he said plainly, but I knew he was lying.

“Jabber,” I said, “do you want to talk about-”

“NO!” he snapped, and pulled away from me. Noticing the expression of hurt I wore, his face softened. “I... no. You wouldn't understand. You don't know what it's like. I killed him, Ali. I killed the Prince. I... I stabbed him in the chest with a sword! Why... why did I do that?!”

He buried his head in his hands. “And the worst part about it,” he continued, beginning to cry now, “is that... is that it felt so... right. Like it shouldn't have happened any other way. Couldn't have happened any other way. And I don't know if I should feel guilty for killing another human being, or... or glad, because that monster is dead.”

Jabber was sobbing. “You... Alison, I killed a man. You don't know... you don't know how I feel right now. You can't possibly empathize.”

“For what it's worth,” said a voice from behind us, “I can.”

It was Feli. She'd let her hair down, and it fluttered in the breeze.

She gave Jabber a small smile. “I was the leader of a resistance group for a year, Jabber,” she said. “During that time, I... did some things that I'm not exactly proud of. And that includes a little killing. After the war, I wasn't exactly the poster child for mental stability. If it hadn't been for Aaron and the rest of you guys, I don't think I would have been able to cope as well as I have.”

Feli clasped Jabber's arm. “I know what you're going through,” she said softly. “I know it's difficult and I know the guilt that's filling you up. But I also know that you can't handle this alone. Don't push your friends, your family, or Alison away. All it will do is make things worse.”

Jabber gave a halfhearted smile. “Thanks, Feli,” he said. “I... I just need some time to myself. To think things over.”

Feli grinned. “Don't take too long, hotshot. Remember what I told you.”

“I will,” Jabber promised. “And... thanks again, Feli.”

“No problem,” she said.

“And don't worry, Mr. Wocki,” I interrupted, giving Jabber's arm a squeeze. “You need someone to talk to, you know where to find me.”

He gave me a smile. A real one.

He was already getting better.

Aaron

“Fast Ship S.S. Aqua has arrived at North Whirl Island Port!” a cheerful voice announced over the intercom. I closed my book and stuffed it into my backpack, tied my shoes, and left Tyler and my cabin to join the others at the ship's exit ramp.

“Where've you been?” I asked Feli as I planted a kiss on her cheek.

“Playing counselor to Jabber,” she answered. “He's gonna need some help to get over killing the Prince.” She frowned, but quickly smiled again. “And hold off on the kisses, Casanova, until you brush your teeth properly. Your breath smells like Miltank manure.”

I made a show of looking away in shame. “I did brush my teeth,” I said with mock sorrow. “But alas, my dear, I fear I neglected to floss.”

“Keep that up,” Feli laughed, “and you'll be at the Oscars in no time.”

“Oh, I don't doubt that.”

“And so modest!” Feli said, pretending to swoon.

“Hey!” Dan called out. “Get a move on, you two! The Professor says we have someone to meet!”

Feli and I grinned at each other, then sprinted to catch up with the others.

Tyler

Near the entrance to a cave sat two men. The first had ghostly-pale skin, messy blonde hair, and purple eyes. A stylish violet scarf was slung across his shoulders. He had bags under his eyes, as if he hadn't slept in days.

The other man wore a light purple suit and a white cape fastened with a plastic clip shaped like a bowtie. His cream-colored hair was slicked back.

The blonde man stepped forward and shook Saturn's hand. “Well met, Professor Yoshi,” the man said.

“We're friends, Morty,” Saturn said with a smile. “Call me Saturn. Who's the friend?”

“Husband, actually,” Morty corrected. “This is Doctor Eusine Fitzgerald. He's conducting an investigation into the whereabouts of the legendary dog Pokemon trio, more specifically the Pokemon Suicune. He simply insisted on coming along with me to meet a man who's done so much for our field.”

“It's a pleasure to meet you, sir,” Eusine said with a salute. “You're a legend, Professor Yoshi. One of the greatest legendary Pokemon researchers in the world.”

“Charmed, Dr. Fitzgerald,” Saturn replied politely. He turned to us and gestured to Morty. “Everyone, this is my old friend and colleague Doctor Morty Smith.”

“A pleasure to meet you all,” said Morty. He glanced at Jabber. “Ah, this must be that nephew you told me about,” he said. “You've gotten yourself quite the reputation lately, Mr. Wocki. Particularly for your exploits in the Battle of Bulbagarden.”

“Morty,” Saturn interjected. “As good as it is to see you again after all these years, this is not a social call.”

Morty nodded. “Of course. Forgive me. What was it you wanted? Your message was very sparse on details.”

“I need to know the legend of the Ecruteak towers,” Saturn explained. “Of Ho-oh, and Lugia.”

Morty pursed his lips. “Ah,” he said knowingly. “So that's why you've come back here. I suspected it when you requested to meet at the Whirl Islands, but... Saturn, are you sure it's a good idea?”

Saturn gave a tiny nod. “I am,” he confirmed. He stroked his goatee. “I want my companions to have as complete an understanding as possible about what is to happen in those caverns.”

Morty sighed. “I still think this is a bad choice, old friend... but fine. Take a seat where you can, everyone. This may take a while.”

We all sat down on the sand, and Morty began his story.

“Long, long ago... millennia ago, in fact, when your Legacy was performing his miracles, Ecruteak City had two majestic towers. These towers were so mighty and beautiful, people said that the gods themselves smiled upon them, and showed Ecruteak favor. This was symbolized by the Pokemon the gods sent to roost in the towers – the bird of fire, Ho-Oh, at the Tin Tower, and the bird of water, Lugia, at the Brass.

“The two Pokemon lived in harmony, and Ecruteak was a metropolis. People from across the land flocked to see the blessed city. Everything was peaceful. All was as it should be. But, unfortunately, it was not to last.

“For whatever reason, Lugia offended Ho-oh. Ho-oh responded to this offense by burning the Brass Tower to the ground and killing all inside of it. The inferno that erupted consumed large swaths of the town. Many parts of Ecruteak are still charred to this day.

“Lugia, angered by Ho-oh's outburst, revived three beasts that had dwelled in the Brass Tower – the beasts that would become known as Suicune, Entei, and Raikou – and chased Ho-oh away from Ecruteak. He then left the town himself, bound for the depths of the Whirl Islands.”

Morty finished his story and had a drink from a flask he kept on his belt.

“I get it,” said Jabber. “You think that Lugia's down there somewhere.”

“I know Lugia's down there somewhere,” Saturn said adamantly.

“And so we're going down there,” said Feli, “to catch it?”

Saturn tensed. “Not... 'catch,' exactly. I'll explain later. We should get moving now while it's still light out and the Golbat haven't yet woken up.”

Morty grimaced. “Do what you like, Saturn,” he said. “Just don't say I never warned you.”

Not looking back, Saturn marched into the cave's gaping maw.

We followed.

Next Time: The gang journey deep into the Whirl Islands! What will they find there? Plus: shocking news from the UN that will rock the Bulbaverse to its core! Be there for Chapter 41: “Depths!”

Until Next Time, See Ya!

SKYLA HARPY PROFILE

Hometown: Mistralon City, Kalifa County, Isshu

Occupation(s): Flight Director, Kalifa Airlines; Gym Leader (Mistralon Gym)

Pokemon: Swanna (Natalie); Unfezant (Terra); Mandibuzz (Mandy); Braviary (Stephen); Swoobat (Charlie)

Skyla Harper is the newest of the Isshuian Gym Leaders. Her Gym began operation in late 2012 - some months after the Gym in Striaton.

Skyla was born to an airplane pilot and stewardess, who were both killed in a plane crash when Skyla was only three years old. She was raised from then on by her uncle, Edgar, who discouraged Skyla from entering the flight business, for fear that she would suffer the same fate as her parents.

However, Skyla was not deterred. She was set on dedicating her life to making sure that all flights were as safe and luxurious as they could possibly be. This led her to enter Kalifa Airlines, where she quickly rose through the ranks to become senior flight director at only 21.

Entering Isshu's Pokemon League soon after, Skyla obliterated the competition and placed fourth in two consecutive tournaments. Her wealth of knowledge on the abilities and strengths of Flying-type Pokemon played a key role in her successes.

Skyla opened her Gym in her hometown of Mistralon City. She juggles her responsibilities with it and those with Kalifa Airlines.

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

...I thought Ho-Oh was supposed to be the one who revived the legendary beasts?
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Feliciano View Post
    ...I thought Ho-Oh was supposed to be the one who revived the legendary beasts?
    Creative liberties. Lugia is of water, and water gives life. Ho-oh is of fire, which takes life away. That's what I was going for.

Blog Entries

lol, I was just about to post "artistic license."
    This ought to end well...I'm seriously wondering what's coming next. Especially after
    Saturn tensed. “Not... 'catch,' exactly. I'll explain later. We should get moving now while it's still light out and the Golbat haven't yet woken up.”
    Pretty awesome chapter, but I hope the Pokemon Prince returns to life. Or something.

Made by Blue Dragon!

Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)